Do you think we die because we just accept it?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (90 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

I was watching a documentary the other day where a guy believes that the only reason people or anything dies is because...THEY ACCEPT DEATH AND BELIEVE IN IT!  Therefore, he thinks that by not believing in death, and calling it a superstition that he'll miraculously live forever. I think this guy is an idiot if you ask me, but who am I to judge?  Anyways, what do you guys think?  You think that's true?  Do people die if they accept it?  Or is that irrelevant because we're all dying someday anyways?

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do you think we die because we just accept it?

Yes.

Apart from theology, science has shown the human body was/does constantly regenerate. Death is the result of accepting an end belief, closure to a system of an illusion designed by humans.

Friend of mine from Columbia is a geneticist (physicist), has some very interesting notes/findings.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?  You mean it's actually possible to live forever if we just choose NOT to believe in death?  How's that possible though?  Sorry, I'm just curious.

1. profile image0

It is not just "not believing" --that would simply be applied humanism (duality -religion & science) approach.

It is accepting and taking the corresponding actions to that acceptance, regardless of what the mind thinks or body feels or eyes see. Remarkably, this is actually what theists (and atheists) believe (or refute) as Faith.

The thing that puzzles humans is that their spirits and bodies are identical, less one thing: the spirit is not solidified. The body reflects the actual image of the spirit in them -a mirror image.  So, it is a matter of adjusting the controller of events for both. The mind doing what it was designed to: transmit information between the body image and spirit image. So long as the mind --powerful or not-- is in control of the human, humans will die.

Oddly, I am in process of writing a series of hubs about "tithing" to eternal life, as part of a compilation called Quantus Philo, the smallest measurable unit of energy is the greatest immeasurable force in existence --free will.

1. profile image0

Wow, it sounds highly interesting. I'll definitely be sure to read your hubs once you publish them then, as i am curious to read some of your theories on this topic.

1. profile image0

Steve,
              This concept of death exists only as a mental end point.
              Some psychologists consider that since the human mind is a finite unit, it is programmed to understand that limitation. So, as the ruling unit of the human being, it controls the end result, death of itself.

One primal example of no-death is the human bodies instant reaction to harm (a cut, bruise, breakage, etc). If the human was 'supposed to' just keel over and die, it would not heal passed the age of puberty.
              Second is the thought process in humans that if death is the end result, why do they fear it and avoid it at all costs. I will use science/medicine as an example here: it uses every possible object, plant, pill, potion, tool to sustain a life. The oxy I often refer to is why do they, knowing the human must die at some point.

Now, regarding EL, there is nothing to suggest humans should die to fulfill some purpose of elevation or enlightenment. These are transcendent myths explored because of a loss of something they once had. Yes, millions of people have died, which is evidence of death and of this lack of EL.

It is amazing to me that an olive tree can live a thousand years or more (i have actually seen them up close), sea creatures can also live 400 years or more. It is only logical and rational to consider humans living even longer, as humans have a quality that no tree or animal has --a spirit w/ a functioning consciousness.

One of my arguments against theism is it lack of understanding regarding the events of Y`shua. All the events were done to "undo" the previous events of "Babel", "The Garden", "Death", etc. Yet it is not accepted wholeheartedly by people. Instead the myth is clung to. The reason, I am certain, is not a lack of desire to live but a lack of instruction on how-to apply the meaning of faith, how to actually do faith and remove the mental control freak (ego), allowing total flow of spirit-body/body-spirit (tangible-intangible light).

There is not one human being on this planet who -if they knew how (even if science or something discovered a way through quantum mechanics or a pill, powder or potion) would not consider the possibility of living forever. Why they refute the possibility outside of their comfort zones or sensation & equation is irrational --to me at least.

James.

1. profile image0

it seems like you really know a lot about this kind of stuff.  I'll be sure to follow you then, so I'll know when you start to write some hubs on this topic, as i'd be curious to hear more about your theories.

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
          the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

this isnt as easy as you might think. Seeing people get old and die time and time again has trained you not to believe any other way. You couldnt believe in this enough not to die if you tried, because fear hold you back from giving the belief your all. face it baby, were doomed.

1. profile image0

yeah that's true.  sad  Although one could say that time is nothing more than a predator stalking you, until you die.  However, I prefer to think of time as an old friend, who constantly reminds us to cherish the moments we have together.

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, I am not aware of a single case of a living being defeating the death infinitely. Either the guy is a genius, or more likely an idiot smile

1. profile image0

Yeah, i think your right. I think it's more likely the later part.  lol

2. wilderness profile image93
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An amoeba.  Each time it splits, each new creature is the original.

Now all we have to do is become an amoeba! lol

1. profile image0

by golly, i think you may be onto something!  Brilliant! lollol

2. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, there are certain jellyfish that theoretically could live forever.

I think Joyous Crynoid wrote a hub about that recently.

Ayup.  Found it: http://hubpages.com/hub/biological-immortality

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Steven,

The mind is one of the most powerful tools, a conscious human being can use to create whatever future chosen. If one doesn't believe in death, then there is no burden. That burden does not cause one stress, less stress on the body and mind.

That's just like those who are religious, they rather believe they have an afterlife, which makes death meaningless or less negative.

The duality human species lives within, requires Life to have an opposite, because living an immortal life is beyond comprehension and can only be imagined. Death is only a word to describe some who is no longer living life. Some people believe each person's spirit is the only relevant thing and that the body is temporary.

To each their own. Their individual mind, creativity and method for self improvement creates the results that happen in their life.

1. profile image0

That's a very interesting analogy Cagsil, and probably one of the best responses I read thus far on this thread. Don't get me wrong, I, like yourself, also believe that the most powerful muscle a person can use is their mind.  After all, you can only buff yourself up so much physically, but your mind is only as limited as the person that uses it.  However, are you saying though that it might be possible for a person to live forever if they choose to believe that death doesn't exist though?

1. Cagsil profile image70

If you have less negative aspects, then you are likely to live a happier life. It's just like a person who is diagnosed fatal cancer, given six months to live- the next thing you know the person has lived an additional 10 years, because they had less negativity in their life, in which, they thought was going to be done with in six months.

They accepted death, decided to celebrate life and ended up living so much longer. Some of these people are still living today.

Some people believe that what they think has nothing do with their own situation- because they say that they just do not know how to change things? And, the only thing they needed to change was their outlook.

Just an added thought. wink So far, it's unproven nor has anyone claimed to be living hundreds of years, such as described within the bible, where people lived several hundred of years.

Can immortality be achieved? To broad a concept for the average person to be honest. I'd have to write a hub on it, but haven't really given it that much thought. However, if pieces of a puzzle were to fit into place...maybe. wink

1. profile image0

You bring up a very good point there Cagsil, as I've forgotten about medically ill cancer patients that go onto live longer than expected.  You may have a very good point there.  Heck, I think even Magic Johnson was only supposed to be alive for a few years, when he was diagnosed with HIV back in the late 80's, yet he's still alive today.  Don't know if you follow the NBA or not, but this is from what I heard about him. 

Anyways, thanks for sharing some of your insightful comments with us, as I'm sure it would make an interesting hub if you did write about the concept of immortality. 

On another note though, have you ever thought about writing a hub about your forum experiences?  I know you said once you were going to stop posting after you hit 30k posts, so I'm sure your followers would love to read a hub of yours based on your experiences in forums.

1. Cagsil profile image70

I haven't given it any thought to be honest. It's an interesting idea though. And, I'm approaching that number quickly too. I might be all done by Christmas at this rate. lol lol

Btw- I appreciate the idea for the hub. wink

1. profile image0

No problem.  Glad I could help.

4. nifty@50 profile image69
      nifty@50posted 13 years agoin reply to this

What I think blows this theory out of the water is EVERYTHING DIES! Even things like plants and bacteria that are incapable of thought. All living things die.

1. profile image0

lol well said. I guess that means death isn't a superstition then. lol

5. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No

1. profile image0

No, as in it's impossible for a person to live forever?  or no as in that theory is wrong?

6. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's just gets funnier and funnier.  Hope to old boys body doesn't rot off his bones, he might be wishing for death at that point but hey, who cares about that stuff.  Live long, rot alive and prosper!  That's my new motto. big_smile

1. profile image0

lollol

7. profile image53
      christinagogeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahah hahhaha,,,,,well its a great joke,,,tht if v beleive tht v vil dont die so v vil not gona die hahaha,,,,,

1. profile image0

lollol  wink lol

8. Beverly Northcutt profile image60
      Beverly Northcuttposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgement. (Hebrews 9: 27 )So do I believe that people die just because they accept it.  No. Not entirely. The sentence of death came upon mankind when Adam and Eve disobeyed God in the garden of Eden. If not for this man would have lived for ever but since then an appointed time was set for man to live. There are people who will themselves to an early grave I do believe. Why do I say this? They find out they have cancer or they lose a mate late in life and just give up.  This affects their entire body and they pray for the Lord to take them and he does. It is a confusing subject I realize.

1. profile image0

@Beverly and psycheskinner

you both make a very interesting analogy about this, and both of you seem to make very valid points.  Thanks ladies for sharing your thoughts with us on this topic. smile

9. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this works. I've known it for years. I myself just celebrated my 500th birthday. I don't look a day over 102, at leat that is what I have been told.

There are serious drawbacks and rituals involved. It is not accomplished by a mind set.

1. profile image0

Deleted

1. profile image0

This is not a concept that can be revealed on an open forum. We can't have the whole world living forever. There are finite resources involved. If it is something you seek (and I can assure you, there will be moments you regret this path)  you can google the answer. It is down on the 666th page. Halfway to the bottom.

1. profile image0

okay.  why would i regret it?  are the side effects that bad?

1. profile image0

Well, bad is a very subjective term. I, myself, have put regrets behind me. It's all a party now. I do not believe that those I have used in my quest for immortality would agree.

1. profile image0

I would ask you what do you mean by that..but something tells me that i may not like your answer.....  anyways, i appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

1. profile image0

No problem. Helpful is who I am.

1. profile image52
                    steebo81posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Caesaria? Oh wow, hey! Its me, Willelmus! Whats it been, like 400 years? I wanted to thank you again for telling me to find that immortality enchantment from the chronicle of Googleth, parchment 666. We should get together soon. Time goes by so fast.

10. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

An idiot yes, but I so wish it was rue right now - I am a few hours from home about to see my mother for the first time since dad died and am so lost.  I want to will it away, sorry had to get that out as I am scared and the pain is unbearable.  Thanks for letting me vent.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You will be fine Kimberly. You are stronger than you know. I'd offer some advice if I had any, but anyway, my best wishes, love and cuddles. smile

1. profile image0

that meant everything my friend, I swear. thank you

2. profile image0

Wow, i'm sorry to hear that kim. sad i hope you'll be okay.

2. kess profile image61
    kessposted 13 years ago

Life is Life.

Death is Death.

Can Life actually be death?

Yes, but Only to those who believe it...

One cannot help but Live what he believes .

1. profile image0

okay. that's a fairly interesting response. thanks for sharing your thoughts with us

3. dianeaugust profile image60
    dianeaugustposted 13 years ago

I think we have some say so in when we die.  It is my feeling that before we come to earth, we establish a purpose for our life.  I believe we have several "opt out" plans (that were agreed to prior to our incarnation) where we could end the contract early--if need be.  All the "close calls" we have with death, could be the little chances we built in to allow us to "opt out" early if things aren't working out as planned.

1. profile image0

Yeah but what about old age?  Are you saying that people decided sub conciously when they want to die at what age?

4. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

No, though I do believe that we do tire of living, especially if we have physical problems or have lost loved ones.  We may die earlier then.

But the fruitcake who thinks he can just deny death is bonkers.  Our bodies betray us. I chose that word deliberately because the first time it happens to you, it does seem like betrayal.

If you are under fifty and have always been healthy, you can probably half believe that fool. I think most of us over sixty would react with wry laughter.

1. profile image0

Pcunix, trust me, I'm way under 60, and even I was laughing at this guy's beliefs.  It's crazy what some people will conjure up these days.

5. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

The best anyone can do is have a strong will to live.  A strong will to live can sometimes make an amazing difference and can sometimes mean people beat seemingly insurmountable odds.  Other than that - no.  As much as some people want to live, stay healthy, and/or stay young - all the "not-accepting-it" in the world isn't going to help.   hmm  There's such a thing as slowing down of cell regeneration, slowing down of metabolism, etc. - and all that stuff is headed to the same thing.  (But that guy may be laughing all the way to bank with his book, though.  Bet he isn't watching his Google earnings like a lot of us on here do.  lol )

1. profile image0

lol lol yeah, that's true. I bet behind closed doors, he doesn't even believe in the concept he writes himself, as I suspect it's probably more of a gimmick to sell books if anything.

6. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Then how did people ever come to believe in death?

What about other animals?  I'm sure worms could not understand life and death.  Why don't worms live forever?

1. profile image0

I don't know. You'd have to ask him that.  Although I'd like to take the guy to a few graveyards and ask him to kindly explain to me what those graves were for then if death doesn't exist.  I would just love to hear his reply to that.  lol

7. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

"THEY ACCEPT DEATH AND BELIEVE IN IT"? is about the most rediculous thing I ever heard. The max life span for humans is 15 years. That's the when the body is physically "worn out" and no longer functions. But 99.9 percent of the time, there's always something like disease that takes wears the body down or causes death sooner than 115 years. All but three animals recognise death and the ones that don't die too. So being a belief thing is BS.

1. profile image0

lol  I like how you think there Paul, as I always liked a guy that direct to the point about things.  lol

2. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you look like an ameba paul

1. profile image0

lol lol

8. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

Like any other animal and most life forms with bodily individuality we die because we are programmed to do so.  Squirrels probably don't even understand the concept of death and pine trees certainly don't, but they still do it.

1. profile image51
      nomorerackposted 13 years ago

yes i believe so it so happen that my grandfather die after they said that they wanted to rest this happens also to my friends mother when she said that she wanted to rest and also said that you could do it without me, after that she passed away,..

1. profile image0

I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mom.  that's horrible that she died.  I'm sorry to hear about your friends loss.  I hope he/she's okay now though. smile

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...hmmmmm....if it was only so simple to be positive and believe you could overcome when your body is breaking down and your mind isn't....and really no one really knows when it is truly your time.....except you....

1. profile image0

That's true.  I don't think anyone really know when their time comes until the very end when their bodies completely start to fail them....i just hope im too senile to even realize it when it happens...as i have a heightened phobia of death.

3. Ben Evans profile image63
      Ben Evansposted 13 years ago

The say we have a billion breaths......More or less.  We actually oxidize ourselves to death.

With that said we die and for the most part don't live our potential span.  I do think that a person can choose to give up as others have indicated.  I saw my father who was suppose to only have a few months to live with cancer fight and hang on for 2 years.  He was strong man emaciated to nothing.  He didn't give up but finally he died.

Death will eventually get us all.  Whether we are hit by a car (or any accidental death), die of natural causes, or die from a disease.

1. profile image0

That's true.  Unfortunately, death is perhaps the only future that seems to be consistent towards everyone.  no matter what background you come from, or how hard you fight to avoid it.  sooner or later...death seems to find everyone.  however, as some hubbers have pointed out already on here, there may be a possibility that one could cheat death.  however, until it's proven, all of it is nothing more than theories at this point...

edit: by the way, im sorry to hear about what happened to your father though, and wish you and your family my regards.

4. ArefinShams profile image61
      ArefinShamsposted 13 years ago

Every one know that death will come one day for him. In the deep of mind, every one accepts the death. But all of us are not dead yet, right?

1. Druid Dude profile image61
        Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obviously you have never been where death was an every day occurrence. Very few accept death, right up to that moment when they draw their last breath and the death rattle is heard. We die, because it is time for a new "Chalice", a new home. We also die because man has managed to screw everything up. These are the preventable deaths, from pollution and despoilment of our local ecosys.  Even our own physiology has been dialed in to be a co-conspirator. My hometown was declared a super-fund cleanup site, with toxins that were purposely and inadvertantly dumped which has led to a veritable panoply of  carcinogens and otherwise toxic substances. Our industry is responsible for 100% of this fatality, further, we are now being polluted via the prevailing winds, a consequence of China's industrial emegence. Can we spell ANDROMEDA STRAIN? Or can we just call it "Captain Trips"?

2. profile image0

That's very true.  To be honest, I don't think anyone truly knows the definitive answer as to what happens to all of us when we die.  However, I think that's all the more reason why we should value and appreciate the lives we have now.  As people seldom get second chances in life..

5. waynet profile image67
      waynetposted 13 years ago

I don't know, if you get your head chopped off I think you'll have no choice but to just die....now I could be wrong!?

1. profile image0

lollol well said wayne net lol

6. Bellamie profile image58
      Bellamieposted 13 years ago

We live life in stages....death is the inevitable last stage.  There is no avoiding it.  Live it up while you can, baby!

1. profile image0

Well said bellamie.  well said. smile

7. SpanStar profile image60
      SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Your point about being an idiot I'm going to have to agree with you on that.

No man women child or beast has not died and you're trying to tell me all these billions upon billions of people didn't want to live as long as they possible could-I know that's right when in the modern age people have frozen themselves in an effort to be brought back to life.

1. profile image0

Well to be fair, this isn't what i believe.  I'm just merely telling the other hubbers what someone else said in a documentary I saw once, then asking for their take on it.  personally, im with you on this, as i think immortality at this point in our culture is impossible.  however, you do bring up a lot of good points though.

8. profile image0
      Neville Walkposted 13 years ago

I remember back in the '80s, watching the Wogan Show.  He was due to interview the five founders of a religious cult, which had that same belief.  They were convinced that believing in their own immortality would ensure they would live forever.  Unfortunatley at the last minute, one of the five founders had to pull out of the interview as a result of his dying.  For the four who did turn up, they saw no irony in this whatsoever.  I think this said it all.

1. profile image0

That's true.  Actions do speak louder than words, but I'm sure those other four founders probably tried to spin it to where they just said the guy that died didn't really believe in the religion to begin with, to explain his death.  However, I think people who aren't so easily fooled knew different though...

9. melpor profile image89
      melporposted 13 years ago

We die because nothing last forever in this universe. Everything eventually come to end even the universe.

1. profile image0

Well said. smile

10. Hivesguy profile image56
      Hivesguyposted 13 years ago

No, I think we die for the following reasons:

1. God has programmed death at no longer than 120 years old. We cannot go against his age limits he has programmed into our genetics. (and yes, there are some claims of people living over this, but I think they are exaggerated).

2. Our genetics are already beaten to a pulp. I have an autoimmune hives condition. It isn't because I imagined it or thought about it, it is because I have a biological problem in my body. Our genetic code continues to be polluted with more and more errors, which in turn lead to more and more illnesses.

11. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I think it would depend on how you die. Obviously an accident isn't going to be something you would have time to accept. Or, being murdered. I know that sounds bad, but, you can't just lump accepting death into one idea. You have to consider everything.

I would think that someone who was really sick, might accept death and just let go, or, somebody who is very old and wants to die. I was visiting my grandmother in a nursing home way back when, and all I heard people talking about, was how they wished someone would kill them, and put them out of their misery. Hearing that so often, brought me to tears. I couldn't stand to go there. Horrible place, and, it cost a fortune for grandma to live there.

In my situation, I think if I get old enough where I can no longer function, or sick where I am always in pain. I would want to die. What's the point of living? When you can't do anything? I see myself dying old and bitter. (like most old people I know)

1. profile image0

Brim help me out buddy, feel like I'm headed towards postal, maybe I'll take a swim and just accept it's water roll

1. brimancandy profile image77
          brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or, You could pretend that the water is Jello, and at least make it fun. Also, just because I am dying old and bitter doesn't mean I'm not going to go out with a bang. Maybe I'll take a jello bath first, while watching back to back episodes of Family Guy and American Dad, and, top it off. drink a 6 pack of red bull. I would get some big honking wings!

Oh, and if you decide to go postal. Use a water pistol, it's less painful for everyone, and fun for you.  Your choice of liquid, or maybe a paintball gun, make everyone really green!

1. profile image0

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

2. profile image0

oh and theres this great new gang of Hubbers you must fan called dear addict I'll fan you back

[hubpages please note that is not self promotion as dear addict is not any one persons nor is any money being made, just Hubbser helping Hubbers, just saying]   hmm:

12. Sethareal profile image59
      Setharealposted 13 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbAVF0L2 … re=related

This discussion from the movie Waking Life is a must see if you ever thought about this kind of thing before, the first minute and a half anyway.

13. akela profile image60
      akelaposted 13 years ago

it's a two way thing, its either we die cos its our time or we die cos of sin...actually sin gives way to sicknesses

1. profile image0
        BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Really?

What about sick babies that die?
        Why don't politicians die?

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Although obsessed with answering the prayers of some religionists such as finding their handbag or car keys, apparently god doesn't notice dying babies. smile
          I thought you had to be dead already to become a politician, hell there's hope for my asperations yet!

1. profile image0
            BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I really don't understand.
            Do religious people have some sort of separate guide book?
            "101 excuses for God's incompetence"

big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)