Who will you serve? God or the devil?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (281 posts)
  1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

Satan, the devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Satan is is trying to decieve as many people as possible, by using a very foul, and cunning technique to influence people to not believe in God.

1. profile image0
      Uma07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I haven't seen God or Satan in my life but I do believe in people who are God to me when they are there to help me in times of need.I have come across such people and sometimes they help me even if I haven't seen them.
      WoC, if you are aware of  Indian "namaste" with folded hands when you see a person,that means 'I salute the God in thee'. smile

Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Uma07, that's wonderful, God actually are using the people to help us. All good things come from God, and evil things come from the devil. No I am not aware of the Indian namaste.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You mean like religion?  How very clever of Satan...I mean god....I mean Satan...I mean the Devil...I mean, eh, whatever.

sandra, no I never used the word religion in my post. What part of my message you did not understand?

1. Anesidora profile image60
          Anesidoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The part where you get all delusional.

2. profile image0

Just asked a simple question.  Why did you get so defensive?

sandra, I didn't get defensive. I understand  that you only asked a simple question, and I politely answered it. What do you mean by your question about religion?

1. profile image0

You said

The "What part of my message you did not understand?" Is the defensive part. Are you trying to say you didn't intend that to come off more like, 'are you stupid'?

I can see that you are trying to start trouble, and you enjoy calling names for no reason. You were already angry with a attitude when you first post on this forum. I only ask the question to understand your message better.I will not recieve any insult, and mockery as I can see in your first post. God bless you.

1. earnestshub profile image80
                  earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When people say stupid nonsensical things they are often mocked.

2. Beelzedad profile image58
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually no, it is your OP followed by this statement you made that is causing the trouble in the first place:

You are creating conflict by making claims that those who don't follow your truth are serving the devil, are foul, cunning and evil. You are the one starting trouble, no one else. smile

1. profile image0
                    klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's too cold in Canada Beelyboy! Come down to Florida! smile

2. profile image0

That and I never called her any names.

3. profile image0
                    swordofgideonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the woman it seems has great courage to say good things about our father in these daze of blasfemers with their thick tongues wagging about in their mouths spewing great boastings forth as tho their father  lucifer had given them utterance be careful old frog not to croak to loudly against the saints,for  their are  forces here now to defend them, your name beelzebub (lord of the flies) i know you and so does the master we will be watching,shame on you.

3. profile image0

Sure lady, do you feel good about doing it again?  Does it make you feel empowered to keep putting me down or to even say that I have actually insulted you when I did not such thing. 

Seen it time and time again.  Make up a lie and go with it, surly no one will look far enough back to find out who did what.  I didn't sneeze but thanks.

Simple minds.
                    All you need to do is disagree with her, she sees that as abusive.
                    I saw no abuse from you either. smile
                    Lying comes with the territory with religious zealousy.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

sandra, I just reread the last sentence in your post above. I took it as you were asking me if I were stupid, I appologize for stating that you were calling me a bad name. I would not make up up a lie on you or anyone. On the hand, mockery and sarcastic is insulting. You are not totally innocent. It is clear in your very first post that you were disrespectful. I love you anyway whether you admit your wrong or not.

3. Johnnie Black profile image59
          Johnnie Blackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God and Satan are both religious concepts.  Getting hung up on whether or not you used the word religion is rather pointless.

3. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If people would spend less time worrying about which magical entity is responsible for their behavior and just act like decent human beings, we could save a lot of time and energy.

It's like, the kitchen catches fire, the kids are in the back bedrooms and the smoke is getting thick.  You Christians want to sit there and argue about whether Satan caused the fire to ruin you or if God sent it as a test.  The Muslims and the Mormons who live on either side of you both think it was caused by God's wrath because you have not followed the proper teachings of the lord. When all you really have to do to be "saved" is get the goddamn fire extinguisher and put out the flames.

Argue? There is no arguing in my messages, I am just simply stating the truth by what is in the true word of God. If you choose to rebel against the truth, that's your choice, but I am not receiving any false personal attacks.

1. Cagsil profile image71
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truth.. lol

Must be nice to live in a delusional state of mind.

1. hanging out profile image59
            hanging outposted 13 years agoin reply to this

odd you should say that.

lol

no its not
            its quite typical

lol

4. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure you aren't talking about my good friends Mark or Earnest?

5. mythbuster profile image70
      mythbusterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Belief in God or Satan aren't the cause of most of the problems human beings perpetuate for themselves.

There is a veering away from human responsibility and accountability almost everytime we define the world in terms of God-right on one side and Satan-wrong on the other...

'Fess up... take accountability and stop blaming God and Satan for rights, wrongs, good and bad in the world. Are you handing over ALL your power to religious beliefs or what? (in "power" are also your responsibilities to your beliefs. Are you accountable for your belief system? where did you get it? are you REALLY being good?).

Many modern conceptions of Satan are social constructions... c'mon... get accountable. Satan the deceiver or man the deceiver?

Answer carefully...Santa can see you all the time, you know?

tongue

6. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd serve them both a drink...it's a busy business good and evil....gotta have a nice drink now and then!!

7. mythbuster profile image70

Isn't this a sort of fear-mongering way to make statements or ask questions?

8. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice story.

9. waynet profile image69

Be careful, You'll give Satan a bad name lol! big_smile

1. profile image0

Or a good one. big_smile lol

2. mythbuster profile image70

For a second I thought you were referring to a Bon Jovi song whoops lol

smile

1. profile image0

I wish I didn't read this, now I have it stuck in my head. errr... lol

2. waynet profile image69

Woooo, were half way there....

1. mythbuster profile image70

whoaaaaah livin' on a....

(how's this head echo workin' out forya, sandra rinck?)

1. profile image0

"Livin' on'a pray-aaaer!" guitar solo.  I hate you. lol

Oh WOW - do you EVER......

ROCK!

Kudos - can see that air guitar happenin'!

smile

1. profile image0

ROTF! smile

10. Beelzedad profile image58

Which foul and cunning technique do you refer?

1. Reason?
      2. Rationale?
      3. An education?

smile

11. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What's the technique

Foul and cunning!
        You know, like filthy low-life child beatin god hatin non fairy story followin atheists get foul and cunning on the religious forums. smile
        Foul and cunning is anything that is not her version of one of the versions of the bible. smile

12. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why do Christians persistently pick on Satan?
      This is becoming abusive.  Have some sympathy.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would serve God- if you're serious (i know u are)
        because

if one exists the other does -opposites

anyways
        God reward people
        the devil tortures them in hell

1. Deaconess profile image60
          Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"if one exists the other does -opposites"

schoolgirl... do you realize that this belief implies that the devil is God's evil twin? An evil and unrighteous God... who is as well without beginning or end, an eternal, omnipresent presence? That this belief elevates the devil to deification? That this belief, is, in a roundabout way, exalting, and therefore serving the devil?

Just like cold is not the opposite of heat, but rather the lack of heat; and darkness is not the opposite of light, but rather, the lack of light... what you perceive as the devil is not the opposite of God, but rather what is lacking of God.

There is nothing equal and opposite of God.

You're right about one thing....there is nothing of a god. Equal or opposite is irrelevant. wink

"God" is relative. I certainly won't condemn you for not believing in God, and I don't think God (which is what I choose to call the ineffible powers that be) condemns you for it either.

A "god" is relative? Try irrelevant.

Two things in this world are required- (a) understanding of one's own life and self, and (b)to provide love and compassion for those who do not understand how.

In no way, shape or form, is a god even relevant, much less relative.

Understanding life- does not require any knowledge of a god.

Living life- does not require any knowledge or understanding of a god.

Plain and simple.

I think you misunderstand... I didn't say relevant... I said relative. By, "God" is relative... I mean that the idea of God is relative to one's personal perspective. It does not matter, in my opinion, how one perceives God, or even if one believes in the existence of God. Our terminology differs but we are not in disagreement about what does matter... I believe that all paths that promote (both the spirit and ACTION of) universal love, compassion, and equanimity, are righteous (and in my terminology, thus Godly). Christianity, in my opinion, misses the mark... it is full of wishful thinking for divine intervention, and refuses to be truly proactive in healing the world.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it is a mistake to use that word and every time you do - you are validating the Christian way.

You say "God" - meaning whatever you mean that word to be - not the Christian god I gather. A Christian will hear "God" meaning what they mean and have their beliefs validated. Huge mistake in my opinion.

That is why I am an Atheist. A term that would not even exist but for the unspoken assumption you are validating every time you use the word "god." You even have to explain that you do not mean the Christian god.  big_smile

2. hanging out profile image59

but ridiculous and tremendously short sighted.
                  If god is in you then why are you so unbelievable? I do not need a christian God to know that you speak a falseness. There are no texts that you claim allegience too, so i cannot verify anything you say.

are you sure your last name is not koresh?

2. OpinionDuck profile image60
        OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Has anyone seen god and the devil together.

3. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woman of Courage:

To my understanding ha-satan, referred to as Satan, is a direct notation of the conflict regarding the renewing of the mind. So, I must say that 99.9% of all humans serve Satan, especially those of the religious requiem called Christianity. I do not mean to sound biased or rude, but this is the case. Most humans serve ha-satan, because they continue to serve the master of the mind, to make decisions, to exist between the heart/heaven and the mind/world (flesh).

This is the conflict. Both believing and non serve the SAME so long as they conjure/consider using their own thought process as the key to unlocking things unknown/unseen. This was sin at the root: needing to know right from wrong/good from evil.

Note how the reformed religionist crow knowing right from wrong and base their truth upon it; also note the religious crow knowing right from wrong and base their truth on it. Therefore, by observation, both are flawed and deceived. The truth is not in the thoughts of man, but in the heart of those consumed by faith.

Hi Twenty One Days, Thanks for sharing your input, but I have to politely disagree. I have repented and accepted Jesus in my life, and I am faithfully serving God. I don't serve Satan. I am led by the holy spirit which is Jesus living inside of me.

1. f_hruz profile image59
            f_hruzposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can you show that what you just said here is really so and not just some thing you made up to keep the discussion going?

4. britneydavidson profile image61
        britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is no need to serve anyone. The things which are bad, like worng karmas (action), bad thinking, doing wrong, doing wrong for other etc are devil just change all your devil action and then God will be happy with you. God dont want anyone to serve him, but he wants from us is do good everytime at every second for self and for others.

Hi britney, God gives everyone a choice, but he does require everyone to serve him. He gave his only son to die for our sins, so that we could be saved. The only way to do that is to repent , acknowledge Jesus died for us, accept him in your life, and be filled with the holy spirit. We can't change wrongdoings on our own. The holy spirit is what help a person live right. The bible clearly states that we must serve him, and that translates into serving others faithfully and out of love. Here is the scripture Deuteronomy 13:4. Remember the choice is up to you to gain more understanding. God bless you britney.

britney- sorry I mean't acknowledge Jesus died for our sin.

5. Johnnie Black profile image59

I'll probably go with Satan, that way I get to hang out with all the coolest rockstars

yah and you all can be screaming together
          lol

ya gotta think these things out man.

1. Johnnie Black profile image59

dude, Satan knows I'm cool.. we'll just chill out with some beers and listen to AC/DC for the rest of eternity

feels good man

How sad, the devil is not your friend. He is your enemy and he delights in bringing you down with him. You are only hurting yourself. Satan hates you, but God loves you. I hope you don't wait too late to reach out to him.

1. Johnnie Black profile image59

Satan is okay once you get to know him.  It's just like Bon Scott once sang, "Hell ain't a bad place to be"

6. profile image0
        Amie Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will not "serve" any person or deity. I will obey and live by the Golden Rule, and fight evil at all costs. There are a lot of evil people right here on earth to fight against. I don't need any supernatural beings.

Hi Amie, No one can force you to obey the commandments in the bible. That's your free choice to live by the Golden Rule, but there is no other way you can fight evil alone. Accepting Jesus  in your life is the only way. Do you not believe in God who created you?

Ephesians 2:9   Not of works, lest any person should boast.

You talk about earning some kind of brownie points but God is not sucked up to. The pattern in his word is sufficient for both him and all people worldwide. No one will be in Gods realm comparing notes about what they did to get in Gods good graces. Forgiveness of sin, accepting jesus as Lord and inviting him to come into your life, empowers you by the spirit of God to overcome sinning. In essence you will be sinless after repenting and able to sin less (often) but obtaining Gods abode by force under your own terms is what most of the other religions and false religions try to do. Thats like saying to the landlord i deserve to be here! here's my resume, where's my room? This type of attitude is not christ like and will get a person no where. God has to do the work, its a submission thing.

7. NickCalder15 profile image60
        NickCalder15posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just as a formal reply, I should make a comparison.

God- A homophobe, intolerant, damns people to eternal suffering for not believing in him; also seems to lack compassion for the innocent, and has inspired millions of idiots to worship him without a single shred of evidence supporting his existence.

Satan- At least he doesn't judge people.

I'd say Satan. At least he's not a homophobic hypocritical object of worship.

1. aguasilver profile image71
          aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So be it.

I've worked for the guy, believe me he hates everyone, and he definitely requires you to worship him.

No option.

But it's your choice.

8. profile image35
        nbbatt.composted 13 years agoin reply to this

it is talk about the good and the bad, anyone will like the good. only abnormal person will take the bad.

9. Dave Mathews profile image61
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Almighty God, Christ Jesus, and the Holy Spirit of God, are my life. I am Almighty God's child, Christ Jesus's brother, and Holy Spirit is my best friend, confidant, teacher, helper and I consider Him my second brother. From when I awaken in the morning, until I fall asleep at night, I humbly serve God, in whatever way I am requested to serve, whether it be at work, or at my computer. If I was asked to give up my life and die for my belief in Jesus and God I would do so in a heartbeat, without a blink of an eye and without fear. That is how important God is to my life.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

That's how wars start. smile

10. Dave Mathews profile image61
        Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As for me and my house, we serve the Lord Our God and only Him.

11. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neither - they both don't exist

13. Rishy Rich profile image71
      Rishy Richposted 13 years ago

Well I believe in change! A change of order would be good given the fact the most people are unhappy with their current situation. Besides, all the things you have said against Satan could just be another creation of Media. We all know how media plays role in building/destroying someones image!!

Moreover, We often say that everyone deserves a second chance. Then why not Satan??  roll

Just a Thought! smile

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The angels aren't offered salvation like humans are.  They're simply spirit messengers who choose to do God's bidding or not.   At least that's my understanding of it from the Bible.
        For one thing....how anyone or anything, having been in the actual presence of God like the angels were in Heaven,  could then rebel against Him, is ....amazing.   So that would've been their only "chance", I suppose, to be saved from the lake of fire.

You have a good point Brenda. There are people here on earth who desire to serve themselves, and not acknowledge God, just like devil chose to do.

Brenda
          i recall when a angel went and killed 180,000 humans because david numbered israel.. a sin for many reasons. I would think this would be a good time for an angel to use its "free will" to say no, but the angel just up and did it.
          I believe angels were created to do Gods will, like a puppet if you will. Only mankind has free will to choose to obey God or not. This is the difference between angels and man and the reason God created man.
          I never hear of an angel discussing a course of action.
          I never hear an angel refuse God.
          A cherubim was placed at the entrance to eden and i believe it is still there. I don't believe cherubs are angels this is just an example.

Rishy, I believe in change also. I was unhappy with my situation in the past, that's why I turned to Jesus and accepted him in my life, and my life has never been the same. All the things I said against Satan, I have read it carefully from the bible, not the media. Would you like the scriptures so that you can see for yourself? Satan destroyed his own image by rebelling against God long before you and I were born. No media involved at that time. All of us had more than a second chance. Satan has chose not to recieve any second chances, because he hates God.

1. Rishy Rich profile image71
          Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Again the things u r saying is just the creation of Media. No one has ever met God or Satan before. No one really knows whether Satan really hates God or whether God really loves us or not? Its all assumptions based on faith. Given the fact that no one has met them, the reality could be vice versa. God can be Satan, Satan can be God. There are numerous possibilities other than your single assumption of God & those possibilities have the same equivalent probability of being truth...

Rishy, I can see that you don't believe in the bible. Oh well, that's your choice.

Thanks but worried abt ur poor choice.

as far as meeting god goes.. the bible is full of times where God met man. In the garden, Moses often, the messianic prophecies and Jesus Christ. Remember the OT is a history book. Not like our lame history, but since God picked a people He is in their history completely. The only reason we can easily dismiss it is because it is not our history. Do we dismiss our history? NO. Those who have studied American history believe it. The Hebrew people are very different than we are and their history is rife with God throughout. It is so very real to them. We cannot say our great, great.... great grandfather walked under a cloud in the desert and a fire by night by the God of all creation.
            And for that we lack.
            and because of our lack we are eager to believe and quick to conjure beliefs, ideals, tautologies, speculations of science, atheism and more inferences about our perceived reality. Many beliefs are bible based anyway, angelology, mysticism, spirituality, channeling, everybody has their own idea of what happened in the garden lol. Then there are the lesser beliefs, vampirism, werewolf, succubus, etc. All trying to fill the gap that is so shown over the millennium, mans need to identify with something outside of himself. Truly to follow oneself is to follow folly.
            Today its money, power, possessions, nations, resources, all things that are material, a nice car, house, even a boat and etc.. These are mans substitutes for God. Some like to think they have great wisdom.

2. marty1968 profile image60
          marty1968posted 13 years agoin reply to this

WOC even if you gave them the scriptures they would twist them and crumble them to their beliefs. Ive seen them do it before.

May God have mercy on them

I agree marty, that's why I didn't waste my time posting the scriptures.

May God give u some brains...Amen!

14. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Since neither god or the devil actually exist, then I'll serve myself, like I'm suppose to anyways. lol

1. saleheensblog profile image60
        saleheensblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God exists, its in your heart.

Dude, not to be rude...the only "GOD" in life is the one YOU ARE with regards to your own life.

Thus, meaning, YOU control your own path, it's direction, your thoughts and your actions. So please...

i can see how the religion of YOU just overflows with love.

what a joke lollollol

get over yourself
            sheesh. you are as insignificant as the rest of the human race.

2. mythbuster profile image70

A better, entirely non-offensive way to put this might be:

"In my opinion, God exists - in the/your heart."

Just being nosy and butting in...

I'm a little oversensitive these days, I guess...

1. profile image0
            RFoxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree Mythbuster.
            Keeping our beliefs personalized creates a more open conversation and dialogue between people.

smile

Making statements as if they are true, instead of opinions we hold, seems to create a lot of conflict. I try to read much of what I see in the forums and add "in her/his opinion" in my own mind but sometimes I lose my patience lol

Cagsil, You can choose to be your own God if you like by serving yourself, but Jehovah God is the one and only true God.

But the Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Jains, Persis, Shintos, Bahaii, Confucians, Taoists,  Ayyavazhis & Shikhs HAVE SOMEONE ELSE in their mind!!! 

Thank God, That you are the only right while all of them are probably misled by Satan. Btw, HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHICH FAITH IS RIGHT & WHICH FAITH IS WRONG? Let Me Guess...AGAIN BY FAITH, RIGHT?

"Your eyes closed...Mind Shut...Brain Dead. You are Not even Conscious"

lol lol lol

2. aguasilver profile image71

Take a look in the mirror, for your comments all apply to those who will discount the notion that Satan created all those false religions to divert folk from Christ.

There are ONLY two power sources in the world, God or Satan, and you WILL be serving one or the other.

Trying to cast aspersions on all believers mental capacity is a futile lie, condemnation of believers is Satan's job, and you are doing it for him, so who do you serve?

If you do not serve God, there is ONLY one default option.

As I said earlier..."Eyes closed...Mind Shut...Brain Dead."

...I really feel sad for you. May God Bless You a Brain this Time...Amen!

sorry rishy in a christian realm the bible rules over all. Jesus is the messiah. The messiah was prophesied to arrive eons before He did. Jesus is the son of God to us christians and he never lies, therefore when jesus says he is the way the truth the life and no person gets to the father but by him. I take jesus at his word over yours any day. You can say eyes closed mind shut brain dead all you want but it won't make you right or unmake God.
                If sadness is to abound it is all going toward you and the barbecue you will be a guest of honor at IF you don't repent and invite God to change your ways. Don't need changing? he will make you nicer on hubpages for a starter lol
                and since you asked when God blesses our brains his word is revealed in an even greater way.
                have a nice day, i know i will smile

15. mythbuster profile image70
      mythbusterposted 13 years ago

Sorry guys... meant man=mankind, human beings...oops

16. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 13 years ago

At at the end of the day ...   the question will be, ...            "Who did you serve"

1. profile image0

If someone replied:

starving children
        homeless people
        the Earth ie: cleaning it up
        the old lady crossing the street
        etc.

but didn't mention god or satan or a political group or a religious group, would they be counted out?

1. Jerami profile image59
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sandra ..  I would say that, that  counts as an answer

17. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years ago

Since I haven't heard Satan's version of the story, I remain neutral!

18. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years ago

Considering who I work for, I'd say I'm already working for the devil. roll

1. profile image0

Yes, I confirmed it today. I'm working for the DEVIL! roll

nah, just parts of ya

im tryin to evolve but its not happening, so this is my proof that evolution doesn't occur.

That's the first thing I think you've said that was actually accurate. lol

Too bad you don't understand why it is not happening. hmm

19. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years ago

It gets pretty intellectually thin when a thread has a title like this one. lol lol lol

Here is another similar one. "are you still beating your spouse?"

Loading the thread meaning with assumptions about the existence of fairies you will "serve" is pretty pathetic thinking really isn't it? lol

i recall a thread "christianity doesn't make sense, who agrees.. and i believe you had lots to say on that thread.. i believe an atheist started it.. so as i have begun to notice what is good for atheists is not okay for christians.. these double standard, double minded ways have got to stop we need more consistency from you guys... oh wait you have no real idealism to adhere to.. sorry i forgot your pathetic belief system is kinda like vs 6 in the quaran: lie if you have to but do what you must.
        serving that idealism is very pathetic.
        Thats why the world is the way the world is, nice mangement lol
        now that i see it clearly, atheists start wars, cause division and probably steal women to sell in the foreign sex trade, way to go. or do you just wanna blame christians for that, according to your belief system you don't even have to back it up lol
        have a nice day.

20. SilentReed profile image81
      SilentReedposted 13 years ago

Who will I serve ? wink wink wink maybe I should ask them first ...what's in it for me?

21. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I will serve the Creator-God Allah YHWH who evolved life on this planet . Devil doesn't exist.

22. profile image0
      sord87posted 13 years ago

When I lost God automatically i serve satan,satan is always a second choice!lol

23. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

no..no you don't

http://richavady.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/shaquille-o-neal-lebron-james-2009-10-3-12-41-361.jpg

1. profile image0

I like the left side of that picture! You can keep the right!

24. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Greek,

Shaq is in Boston now. He is a Celtic. tongue

1. Greek One profile image63

Yeah, but Klara doesn't know that shhhhhhhh

roll

2. profile image0

Keep him! Who needs a giant that can't do free throws?!

the typical loyalty of a Miami girl.. use up a guy and his huge hands to 'score', and then ship him out of town

1. profile image0

Learned from experience? roll

yes.. i have been used too many times by you Florida girls!

1. profile image0

Oh YOU LOVE IT! ADMIT IT!!!

1. profile image0

I think he just did. lol

25. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i felt dirty and used in the morning...

and getting the sea shells out of me a$$ wasn't fun either!

1. profile image0

I know the feeling! lol

you go girl!

26. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

Now for some wisdom. I will serve the devil on a silver platter to GOD and us human being will cast him out of our presence like GOD has done himself by being love being peace being free and he will have no place to operate on the earth with mankind because he can not stand in the presence of being love being peace being free with human beings and his last stop in the universe will be casting in the lake of fire by GOD if he does not change his mind and be love be peace be free to the core of his being that he had when he was first created by GOD but lost it when he and the other angels that he pulled to his side to dethrone GOD and sit upon the throne of GOD to rule the universe. The coup failed and he was cast out of heaven and he came to earth to rule since he could not rule in heaven where GOD is ruling from his throne. To cast him out of the earth, human beings must apply to their daily lives of being love being peace being free this is who you are and everybody else that is living on the earth. JUST BE IT.

And you call that wisdom? lol

1. profile image0
          AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil Yes. This is it. You just need a revelation of it and just be it. You and I and everybody on the earth is love peace free. Think about it and sleep on it and you will wake up to a whole new world right in front of your eyes that is here all the time to be discovered by man like i have done in my own life. Nothing but love peace free coming from me to you Cagsil. Thank you for your response to the wisdom. It does work and it is unstoppable. It will take some time but that is how it is going to work by one person at a time. I have brought you and humanity to a place of history beginnig in A.D. 2010 to turn man in a new direction to live life on the earth forever and ever. I know that it will be a long journey but the journey has begun now on September 9, 2010. Cagsil come on aboard and begin the journey with your fellow humanity.

Let me know when you wake up to reality dude. Then just maybe we'll actually have a discussion of value. The mannerism you use is deceptive, especially when you speak of god.

And, on that note- I'm done. lol

Do try and enjoy yourself while here at HubPages. I also do suggest you write some hubs about what are supposedly passing on to others. I am not one who needs your enlightenment. I've found my own. lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why didn't your god just punish him for eternity, like he threatens to do to us?  It's not as if he didn't already know Satan was going to be a bad boy!  Don't you believe your god sees all and knows all?  What's the point?

That's a real question Randy! You know religionists don't answer real questions. smile

Whoops, looks like the Ambassador did answer it.

Problem is, you guys don't like the answers! smile

No answer. Just bible babble. smile

bible babble that has answered more than enough of your questions.
                If you don't want a biblical answer why are you here? You just want an answer that agrees with you, but hold the bible.
                This kind of approach should get you banned from this forum. You don't want to debate, you inject hostility, name call all the time, put people down frequently and now you don't want a biblical answer to your biblical questions

so why are you here? Just to cause a disruption!

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/hangingout1/christian%20photos/carkills.jpg?t=1285223465

2. profile image0
          AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Randy Godwin    GOD did punish him for eternity. Satan knows his fate and is trying to bring as many human beings to the same fate that he has and will be banish from GOD presence forever and ever. Yes GOD sees all and knows all. The point is that GOD have given human beings a choice to know him and walk with him every moment of every day by living a life on the earth that Jesus Christ established while on the earth as an example for mankind to live and this is shown by being love being peace being free which Jesus Christ lived as being love being peace being free with the wisdom of how to handle people who was not living that way in their life which is the core to everybody being as an human being. Mankind has free choice to be love peace free or not to be love peace free. Have it your way and the results always come out from what you put out in your life. Jesus Christ has shown humanity how to live on the earth. Whether man will live in love peace free is his decision and will reap the consequences of his actions now and in the future. To sum it up the point is that man has a free will to be love, peace , free or not to be this and will get the result of his free will of living this principle of life on earth for human beings. Thank you for your question.

27. aguasilver profile image71
      aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Having worked for both of them, I choose God, the conditions are much better, and the benefits are eternal and unconditional, once you have been engaged.

But you do have to keep to the corporate rulebook and stop working for Gods competitors. smile

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
        LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Aquasilver......

Excellent retort....big_smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

Unconditional means without conditions. Dear me. Um - excellent retort. LOLOL

....and ONCE you have been engaged establishes the requirement to receive that which is offered.

If you took a job, with an never ending work contract, the contract would start from the time you started the job.

So - it is conditional then. lol lol

28. Deaconess profile image60
      Deaconessposted 13 years ago

Hmmm... I don't recall scripture telling us that those who don't serve God are automatic servants of the devil... but I do recall one passage telling us that we can not serve two masters... and the two masters named in that passage were God and money.

Why do Christians insist on using fear to drive people to church? Fear is the true devil.

1. NickCalder15 profile image60

It is. It's the Christian and Catholic way to guilt and terrify people into submission.

29. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years ago

steal ,kill ,destroy...well that is domain of religion..wait a minute is it satanic quality?...

30. Deaconess profile image60
      Deaconessposted 13 years ago

Does it not occur to Christians, that with all their talk about the devil and hell... that in their using fear of the devil and hell to move people into obedience, that they are empowering and giving more reverence to Satan than they are to God?

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

no it would never occur to christian and why only christian..it doesnot occur to most religion people..if satan is real..HE has been in control from most part of time...religion is method to control people ..satan might have some role in that ,i guess...

Does it not occur to so called 'rational thinkers'that by pinning the tail on the donkey(Satan)and calling him by his given titles.... accuser of the brethren, murderer, liar, deceiver, father of lies and a whole host more unsavoury titles, Christians are defeating his plan to persuade a lost humanity, which he owns, that he does not exist?

Satan gets no glory from any believers replies, just unwelcome exposure and light shone into dark places and clouded minds.

1. peterxdunn profile image61
            peterxdunnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The most powerful country in the world is a christian nation.

Out of the 190, or so, countries in the world it has military bases in 130.

Since the end of the second world war it has invaded more countries around the world than all the other countries in the world put together.

It has also repeatedly backed military juntas that use terror, torture and mass murder against their own domestic populations - usually after they've staged a coup against democratically elected governments.

Name that country and ask yourself: whom does it serve?

Its a world of 6 billion people. We dont have enough resources to fulfill the ambition & desires of all these people at a time. Hence, we use the psychological tool called 'Afterlife'.

Leaders are usually aware of this fact but at the same time they have to be hypocrites for their own good. So they pretend to be a follower of GOD or particular code & manipulates the mass followers at their own will. All work for their own Good. Leaders ensure their heaven in this life, followers ensure their heaven in Afterlife. Both are happy! The term 'God' is playing the role of a Mafia & spreading all the crimes in the name of Divine Virtue!

The faith in God is a primitive psychological need. Just like other primitive psychological traits that we still couldnt get rid of (aggression, jealousy & fear), we couldnt get rid of Faith either. Although it has usually been absent  in higher levels of intellects i.e Einstein, it still remains abundant in the mass.

Btw, is it really a Christian nation?

No it isn't. Look out Iran, we 're on our way.

31. profile image0
      ralwusposted 13 years ago

uh, oh. am I allowed in here with this bottle?

32. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

No, but the friend of the devil is a friend of mine big_smile

33. earnestshub profile image80

http://i1033.photobucket.com/albums/a416/Im_Dool/th_god-devil.jpg

A religious depiction. smile

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/hangingout1/christian%20photos/images.jpg?t=1285223615

another day at atheist school

34. Ginger Meow profile image67
      Ginger Meowposted 13 years ago

Depends on who comes around for dinner, oh and they won't be allowed in if they bring cheap wine!

35. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years ago

Hi Mark, is it cool being an atheist, and when did you convert.

Cool? What does that mean? Convert? No - like everyone else on the planet - I was born an atheist. I just do not need the placebo. wink

one day you will. More likely you read a bunch of books and picked one you liked. If people were born atheist there would not be a name atheist. Atheist is a created name, therefore you adopted it. Perhaps it aligned to your belief, there is no god, but afterward you must have checked out some atheists writings, otherwise how would you know it supported your beliefs. if you did not check out atheism, you follow atheism, blindly, knowing as much about that as you do the bible.

36. earnestshub profile image80

An interesting observation about belief. An uncle who is hardly ever around the kids tried the god thing on my very bright 6 year old grandson a few weeks ago.

My grandson had him stuttering and muttering that we had indoctrinated him out of religious belief.

The truth is that religion has never been mentioned in this house, so not having been indoctrinated in to religion he thought it was ridiculous and said so! smile

All three little kids said he was "creepy" I agree. smile

LOL

Astounding the level of self deception and outward deception they insist on. You do not get indoctrinated out of it. It is the other way around.

I was trying to explain to some one the other day that it is this unspoken assumption that colors so much of our society. He was having none of it and desperately managed to find a few examples of a-butchers and a-philosophers to prove that the term a-theism was not based on an assumption that has been drilled into society for thousands of years.

you don't think you are the role model? You don't think your kids hear things you say. I doubt very much your disapproval of things christian are never mentioned in your house.
        LOL i would say you missed something.
        even if a child never heard of it, why would he agree with it, if dad doesn't mention it, it can't be good.
        If uncle knows about your anti-religious beliefs, how can you infer that your children do not?

psychology 101

37. pisean282311 profile image63
      pisean282311posted 13 years ago

we need to dump all religions which are mere tools of gaining power world wide...unless we do that humanity would keep serving what it calls devil...founders of religion were sincere but any entity which controls uses that control to gain financially and politically..be it be any religion it has serve purpose of few at the top at cost of larger human race...m sure religions in present form wont survive..when is just the question...humans are evolving at pace which religion wont be able to match...but in same way i am sure new religions would pop up...

the banking system and the political system are not tools of God they are systems designed by man. If you think religion gets power you will have to state your definition of power because from where i sit other systems designed by man have way more power. i am not at the top but my spiritual walk with Jesus Christ serves/suits me just fine. i also see mans system of war and conquer costing the human race where war has become a business, a business God would have no part in these days as we are in a different civilized way and all the land is claimed, the claiming of land was the major reason for war. Religion has been around since adam and eve and man has not caught up to it, instead mankind has tried to go around it, by saying Jesus is not the son of god, that god is inside us and we don't need Jesus, spirituality of trees and rocks, channeling fleshly lies and proclaiming acceptance from 'the divine'. Yes new false doctrines will surface, bible prophesies that.
        1 John 4:1   Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
        How do we try the false prophets? by the word of God.. does it line up?
        Humans have always had religions, and now we have christ. Christ is the last until Gods plan, as jesus said on the cross, it is finished.

38. J.R. Smith profile image59
      J.R. Smithposted 13 years ago

That is great,that you are atheist. Good for you. It must be hard work believing in nothing. But I wonder why you constantly post against other's beliefs,if you actually believe in nothing. Seems to me you aren't actually atheist, you are anti-christian. It's as if you think you are the only one that has gotten it all figured out.

1. pisean282311 profile image63
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

are you talking to me?.

By your logic, would that make Christians anti-Islamic? smile

3. peterxdunn profile image61

Believing in nothing is actually harder work than keeping the faith.

Keeping the faith means accepting - without question - the dubious doctrine set out in the Bible. You could say that those whom keep the faith had all their thinking done for them two thousand years ago.

Us atheists, on the other hand, have to think for ourselves - but then that 's the price we have to pay for free, unfettered minds capable of original ideas and thought.

1. J.R. Smith profile image59
          J.R. Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It seems to me that belief in nothing would be a load off. You would have no convictions,as no higher power would dictate to you what is wrong or right. Just a thought.

1. Druid Dude profile image58
            Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I serve both,with God, iserve white wine(fish, you know) and with the devil I serve red wine. (it's his favorite.)

Druid, it is not possible to serve two masters. you have to make a choice.

2. NickCalder15 profile image60

JR maybe we don't need a higher power to dictate to us what's right and wrong. Maybe we can figure out ourselves. Maybe in every non-psychopathic/sociopathic person lies a natural moral compass. A conscience. And with a conscience we feel bad when we do bad things.

That's not God. That's human nature.

you forget where the idea of right and wrong came from. To cain killing abel was fine until god came along and said .. nope, wrong.. and eventually he wrote "thou shalt not murder on a tablet of stone.
              You can think mankind has everything it needs inside of itself but all that it has was given of God.
              study the yetzer hara and yetzer hatov.

Hi Nick, God is who gave us all a conscience when we were created . You need God , but it's your choice to believe it or not. We were not created to make up our own morals to live by.

1. profile image51
                paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you on these points

2. profile image0

No offense, Pete, but show me your actual freedom regardless of the work or former religion. Seems atheism is still a form of slavery to a former dogma, making atheist work twice as hard as other slaves to that dogma, just to stay afloat...

Seems wasteful in either case. Just my opine.

39. profile image51

I will serve the Creator-God Allah YHWH and shun the devil following Moses, Jesus and Muhammad

40. profile image55
      bjphillposted 13 years ago

Some of you people posting here act like all Christians are completely mindless and incapable of thinking for themselves. I am a Christian, and nothing is going to change that. Nobody forced it on me, this is my decision to live for God. God didn't force me, he doesn't force anyone to serve him. I know that God is real. I have seen first hand what he can do. I saw a woman in our church with a broken leg, completely healed. God healed one of my children from a painful ear infection. He was not on medication... he didn't have a chance to get any before he was completely healed. One of my sons had a very serious case of pneumonia when he was seven months old. We had connections with people from very large churches in Detroit and Chicago, and these churches, along with our smaller church, were all contacted. These churches contacted the people on their prayer chains to pray over him. This was a Sunday evening when he was diagnosed with pneumonia and admitted to the hospital. According to the doctor there was a very good chance that he would have to be transported to a children's hospital. Monday morning , they x-rayes his lungs again, and he was completely healed of pneumonia.

Finally.... to answer the question... I will absolutely serve the God who healed my son.

1. profile image51

Jesus was no real god; it is Paul who made Jesus god out of a myth; hence you cannot serve the Creator-God Allah YHWH by serving a myth-made-god of the "Christians".

2. earnestshub profile image80

Show us proof of the leg being broken in the first place, then show the proof that it was healed by your god and I will show you the first proven miracle in 2,000 years.

Bet you forgot to ask the doctor about the pneumonia cure miracle!
        Lot's of very reasonable explanations for that one.
        But no,  Goddunnit!

Children are dying all over the planet as I write this. Many are dying of preventable diseases. Many are dying of starvation.

The are many more having limbs amputated after having stepped on anti-personnel mines. A lot of those mines were manufactured by people that go to church on Sunday's. Selling mines to third world countries is big business here in the 'christian' west.

What have these children done to deserve such a poor start in life?

What is your God doing for them?

Apparently it is a matter of blame.

Some how an omnipotent god can't lift a finger cos it's all mankind's fault, so he is unable to interfere!

how about you answer your own question.. think of how God would end the dying babies and let us know!!!
              if you are gonna go on about it, lets hear your (educated) solution.

Huh? I don't get it. How did God respond to that poor girl then? Prayer? What if all those dying children in war-torn countries can't pray because of their own injuries, and maybe their own parents have the sense to disregard an unproven mythology?

What I'm getting at here is does your unproven God only help people when they find the time to pray for him and believe for him. Seems a bit unfair to all those poor children. Heal the poor girl with the broken leg in the first world country while a kid in Africa or Afghanistan has to lose his leg because of a firefight or a bombing.

over the wider spectrum of the bible it would all become clear to you.
                In one sense god cares for the birds of the field, in another sense he helps a christian find his car keys so he can get to church on time. In another sense a poor man begging for money, makes 50 bucks some days. In another sense God is busy creating what unsaved humans call co-incidences to meet their needs, not their wants or their luxuries, their needs. Now you might argue that the person with one leg didn't need to have the leg go missing or the girl with the broken leg did not need healing but you would be missing the point. You can in no way dictate what miracle goes where because you don't know the future like God does. (prophecies in the bible deal with future events, the messiah was hugely predicted and other areas where god says what will happen in the future) and i can only surmise that these peoples lives were changed for the better? How better, well maybe the two legged man was going to shoot a little girl by accident and not be able to live with himself after, or the african kid may have starved in his village but the hospital trip decided a new life of adoption for him. If you just want to blame God for everything then you ought to know more about God because really all this blame game is totally without wisdom. It is just carnal man thinking he is wisest of the wise when really he is so out to left field often that it isn't funny.
                Prayer btw.. is really for the christian who prays because it works on our heart to soften it, and exercises compassion and allows for forgiveness toward others. it is more our vehicle than Gods.

I keep asking this kind of question, but never get an honest answer. smile

see post directly above.

3. hanging out profile image59

-peterxdunn-
            How do you know the mines were made by christians who go to church on sundays? You cannot infer a truth, a truth has to be based on a fact not a supposition.
            I got this from CNN "http://articles.cnn.com/1997-10-10/world/9710_10_land.mines_1_demilitarized-zone-dmz-poor-nations-campaignland?_s=PM:WORLD"

China and russia are not christian countries by a long shot. I think it unfair of you to say that people in these countries, they are christians making mines. How do you know that mature christians did not walk away from the job? and that mostly unsaved people with a definite sliding scale of morals took the job gladly.

poor start... There are a couple of answers to this.. one is babies who die, die sinless and therfore are candidates for Gods kingdom... not a poor or bad start really after all is it. The second answer is what would you have God do about it? Once you can come up with a good solution email me.

What is God doing about it? Well he left a book that shows the path to God. He offered up his son for our sins, that was kinda huge of him seeing as nobody asked him too. He said he would do it all through the OT. What does a model train set do for you?  nothing unless you are near one. What does God do for you? or anybody else? Nothing unless you are near God.
            and by near i don't mean physical proximity i mean relationship. Does God know you?

Just a couple thoughts Hanging Out.

America has not signed up to the none-use, or manufacture, of mines treaty. Mines continue to made in America and deployed by American forces in the field (which covers a lot of ground these days). American can be considered, I have been led to believe, to be a - primarily - christian nation.

For you to say that death is not a bad start in for in life for a baby simply beggars belief. It sounds like some twisted case FOR ABORTION.

Lastly - where in the world is heaven? I know that when the writers of the Bible refer to the 'stars of heaven' they are talking about the twelve houses of the zodiac.  (No I do not believe in astrology either - although it is obvious to anyone with even half a brain that people like St John the DivinER DID).

Beelzedad, that's because you refuse to see a honest answer, and refuse to open your eyes and ears to the truth.

1. Beelzedad profile image58

You nor any other Christian here have provided an honest answer.

Your god feeds you, but does not feed others, and Christians thank their god for feeding them and providing everything else while others have nothing. This is very simple logic that can easily be answered by the fact that your god does not provide for you or anyone else. Admit that, and you have an honest answer. smile

see my post above

Your inference that God does not feed others is wrong. Where are your facts to prove it? You don't have any you are just playing the blame game.
              God works through human efforts. Firstly in my town the food bank is made up of christians of different churches. It is most likely, since i know a few towns this is true in, the same in other towns. Christians are all over the place in the world helping the needy.
              In another vein. You always seem to negate the garden incident. We are not here because God is punishing us we are here because of a position of reality.
              Adam and eve were kicked from the garden and had babies who had babies who had babies (all outside of the blessed garden) who had babies who eventually had you and here you are. You are only here, viewing a world of disaster, cruelty, greed and lasciviousness whom are lying and cheating and stealing because when these people heard the word of the God they chose to not listen and proceeded on their merry way, affecting others negatively or not. So since mankind is distributing water in africa to major cities and has damned up the nile and because of a nomadic people who must follow the herd and borders of countries stop them and because the mortality rate is high africans populate fast and since they are trapped in a country and multiplying the surrounding original people of that country decide to kill them because numbers can overtake a well equipped army sometimes... You see how complicated things have gotten, if God were to step in and solve this one problem, a huge, incredibly huge scenario would have to occur that might kill more lives than save, i.e. getting rid of some of the damns so the people can farm again, whereas making a consistent rainfall might go against natural weather patterns and mess up in some other context.
              You and other inferers like you think that you know all the answers but you don't you are only guessing and blaming. There is a true answer out there, it may be a hub of mine but since you don't believe in any of this, it will be hard to convince you. so i end it here, if any of this made any sense i might like to know.  smile

1. profile image51

I agree with you.

But Jesus is no god or son of god; he died a natural and peaceful death in Srinagar, Kashmir, India; and hence he cannot work anymore.

It is the Creator-God Allah YHWH who is living and who Provides to everybody.

paarsurrey, you are just guessing with no proof. The bible is where you found truth, and not opinions. Your information did not come from the bible, and how could Jesus have died in three different places? That doesn't make any sense. Please wake up!

1. profile image51

Srinagar is the City, Kashmir is the state, India is the country; so these are not three places.

lovely, but you are so very very wrong. You take no notice of the biblical messianic prophecies? and how jesus fulfilled every one!

2. peterxdunn profile image61

Don't you mean your truth?

3. hanging out profile image59

and i know people whos cancer has gone into complete remission without chemo. I know people who never get colds or the flue. God allows sickness but like anything else it is a test or your time is up. But those are the only two choices. Sickness is not of God if it is for no reason, the unsaved are sick all the time but that is not God testing them.
          You really cannot refute a person personal experience. If someone has seen a leg grow to equal the length of the other leg then that is that and it happened just because you want to shout for proof, like pictures or something, the rant is again madness. Just suck it up and maybe try to input something nice for a change.

41. earnestshub profile image80

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons9/sack.jpg

1. profile image0

reported as spam. not relevant to the OP.

42. Jerami profile image59

The truth is not in the thoughts of man, but in the heart of those consumed by faith.

I would agree with this statement if you would change

Consumed by faith   to something like .. 
        the heart nourished by faith.  or feeding upon faith...

But it is your statement.  Keep it like you like it.

1. profile image0

Thank you Jerami.

As the saying goes: we are children of the Consuming Fire.
        smile

You were right the way you said it. 
             Just sounded better to me the other way ...  at the time.

As someone else said in a post above,  I need to rest a little.

43. Jerami profile image59

peterxdunn wrote:
      Children are dying all over the planet as I write this. Many are dying of preventable diseases. Many are dying of starvation.

The are many more having limbs amputated after having stepped on anti-personnel mines. A lot of those mines were manufactured by people that go to church on Sunday's. Selling mines to third world countries is big business here in the 'christian' west.

What have these children done to deserve such a poor start in life?

What is your God doing for them?
      =============================================================

@peterxdunn and  Beelzedad
        He has given you and me free will to do as we please concerning this problem.

Are you really angry because there are hungry children in the world.  Tell the truth!  Are you really angry about that?

Or is it just because people say that they received a blessing today?
         I think the latter!

1. alternate poet profile image66
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you need to rest a little - you are accusing people of not caring or being angry about hungry children etc ?   Your posts are normally more courteous and better thought out.

You may be right.
              I was making the statement that they care more about arguing about the issue than they do the issue itself.

I have been hearing that same stupid question for such a long time.  Why does GOD let people children die? 

Little children, .... old people, helpless people of any kind. WHY??

Is this question supposed to be an argument against the existence of a God ???   If it is; it isn't very well thought out.

The answer to their question; which they have ignored hundreds of times is ... 
            There are too many greedy "adults" that value money in their bank account MORE than they do hungry children that are starving to death.

That OLD question "Why does God let us be so evil" should be laid to rest.   

It is as old as the earth itself.

Jerami, why is it you need the explanation to the question over and over again? Why does your god feed you and not them? What does this have to do with free will when it is your god that is feeding you?

And how many times bo you have to hear the answer  ???

Why do you feed your children and not your neighbors children?

Because you love them and need to take care of them.

Doesn't the bible or basic christian belief say that God loves everyone?

Sorry    between coming home supper and bathing I almost missed this.

I'm not sure i it does or not!

I know that Jesus was really blasting the scribes and pharisees in Matthew 23 telling them that all the blood shed by their ancestors was going to come down on their heads.

How many times did Jesus call them  "Sons of Satan"

Maybe this is speaking literally?

Is God supposed to feed Satan's children???

I don't know this to be true !  Maybe it is?  Maybe NOT!

If I took that literally, this is how I would respond: What makes him think that because they are sons of Satan means they ARE like him? huh? Is he discriminating because of heritage now, huh?

Your mythology is seriously flawed. I commend whoever wrote it for making it so damn successful though.

2. Jerami profile image59

I know that Jesus was really blasting the scribes and pharisees in Matthew 23 telling them that all the blood shed by their ancestors was going to come down on their heads.

How many times did Jesus call them  "Sons of Satan"

Maybe this is speaking literally?

Is God supposed to feed Satan's children???

I don't know this to be true !  Maybe it is?  Maybe NOT!

44. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years ago

Talking allegorically - both of course. And I refuse to comprehend the question in any other way, it does not make any sense to me. smile

45. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Devil- More fun, less judgemental...

...plus, no tithing.

46. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 13 years ago

God & Jesus need to earn my worship.
      And, until they feed the starving children, they are definitely not worthy of worship. 
      They look like amateur Gods.

fine you feed the starving children, i am sure God and Jesus will notice and then the three of you can hash out who worships who.

1. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I were to feed the starving children, that would make me more omnipotent, and morally superior to God & Jesus. Because they don't seem to have the power or the morals to do it.
          Then, certainly, these amateur Gods can worship ME.

Will your gods really notice? They don't seem to notice the dead littering the landscape now.

Since your gods are far too busy with answering other prayers and have no time to feed the starving, it looks like the rest of us will have to do something about it.

No need to get up off your knees, we'll take care of it. smile

47. Jerami profile image59

NickCalder15 wrote:    What makes him think that because they are sons of Satan means they ARE like him?

I DO  Not KNOW diddly.
         BUT
         I would think that All of those different peoples that the Israelites killed as mentioned in the Old Testament; ....
      That God didn't consider them to be his children.
           Maybe they were ?   Maybe not! .... I Don't Know

But for whatever reason that that it was done way back then is somehow related to why things are the way that they are today.

To all the Atheists.  If you don't believe in God; 
      You must believe that mankind is doing all of these evil things.

So why are you blaming GOD ???
         And  No !!  It isn't religions fault any more than anyone else's.

I have not seen any nonbelievers blaming god as you say.

We are saying that the beliefs held make no sense within and of themselves when you speak of an omnipotent being void of any decency.

What we do point out is the difference between fact and fantasy. smile
        No matter how you address the OT god in it's own words, it describes the working of a psychotic loon, not an omni anything god.
        It is ridiculous to worship a bloodthirsty psychopath.

If a person is watching the behaviors of another, unless the person watching understands everything about the project, it will appear to be kayotic.

If one key element is left out or misrepresented it will appear even more so.

For someone who believes so strongly in a MYTHICAL god, you seem to know very little. It makes zero sense for a God who so clearly loves everybody- who is proclaimed to love everybody- to ignore everybody who doesn't believe in him. For every one child who is "saved" by "God", a thousand more are ignored in some other country. This God you believe in is a bully. He is a hypocritical, homophobic bully. He has no compassion for 90% of the population. He doesn't deserve to be praised because what he is is a monster. He damns people to eternal torment; he lets people suffer for no reason and he inspires hundreds of thousands to tens of millions of followers to just blindly believe in him. All you Christians and Catholics have is a book. A single bloody book. You don't have a single shred of evidence. Not scientific, not elemental. Nothing. You are believing on blind faith.

It infuriates me every single time you people quote the bible. How about you use something else for once? Like maybe the Garden of Eden? Oh wait you can't find that. How about the place where Jesus was crucified? You can't find that either. Maybe clear, unaltered evidence of a miracle? Sorry you can't find that either. You have nothing CONCRETE besides a thousand year old book.

It makes zero sense for a God who so clearly loves everybody- who is proclaimed to love everybody-
          - - - - - - - - - -

Where do you get your  information from?
          ==========================================

You are believing on blind faith.
            You have nothing CONCRETE besides a thousand year old book.
          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
             Where do you get your information from?

You don't know what I believe. 
             Or where I get my information from.

===========================================================

It infuriates me every single time you people quote the bible

- - - - - - - - -

That isn't healthy.  I hope you can break that habit.

Let's just say when your crammed into a public school and have no choice but to listen to some RE (religious education) teacher bang on about God, Jesus, Judas and whoever else in this wonderfully fictional tale of divinity and faith, you can learn a lot.

Just for the record: What do you believe? Where do you get your information from? And where was that information sourced?

Nick, I can feel your hate through your words. Actually God does not ignore people. There are people who ignore God by not acknowledging him for who he is. God is the one who created you and all of us. God is not the blame if you choose to rebel against him and live your life according to what you see fit. You are hurting yourself calling the loving God who created you a monster.  I will be praying that God will work on your heart, and show you the light to true understanding.

48. profile image0

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/korkoreja/IffacebookalwaysexistedLincolnFranklin.jpg

This one is for  you Earnest!

1. profile image0

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/korkoreja/AncientAsteroid.jpg

1. profile image0

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/korkoreja/Galileo.jpg

1. profile image0

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/korkoreja/Darwin.jpg

1. profile image0

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/korkoreja/God.jpg

1. profile image0

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/korkoreja/JuliusCeasar.jpg

1. profile image0

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l389/korkoreja/Titanic.jpg

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
                  SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...those are all 'cool' Klara....LOL!

2. the clean life profile image71
        the clean lifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where did you find that one big_smile

I'm heading to bed Klara  so I'll talk to you tomorrow. Good night smile I'm trying to keep smiling!!

3. earnestshub profile image80

lol lol lol

1. profile image0
          kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Earnest this thread took me over the top, o, must shut down

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

sorry what was the question again?

ps wrote an email so bloody long to you i turned it into a hub-us playing poker titled

2 fore play

lol

what thread am I in?

o Farmville

Night Night

kimberly, this thread may shut down, but the truth will always stand.

49. profile image0
    50. chubatemjen profile image61
      chubatemjenposted 13 years ago

Wether Good or Bad ,right or wrong presupposes certain ethical principles on the part of men...not the devil or God..Me make our choice....we can't escape from our karma.

51. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

i don't know...that devil is one bad dude. i'd rather serve god.  besides, you can never trust a dude with horns and pitch fork poking your arse.

52. Jerami profile image59

NickCalder15 wrote ...
          Just for the record: What do you believe? Where do you get your information from? And where was that information sourced?

- - - - - - - -

If I told you ;     you wouldn't believe it !
      ===================================================

53. profile image51

I will serve the Creator-God Allah YHWH; and ask His help to shun the devil.

54. profile image57
      rvantongposted 13 years ago

"Satan is is trying to decieve as many people as possible, by using a very foul, and cunning technique to influence people to not believe in God."

Are you talking about logic or common sense?

55. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years ago

It depends who wants a drink first!

56. canadawest99 profile image61
      canadawest99posted 13 years ago

Everyone including the OP was created 4 billion years ago when lightening struck pools of primordial goo containing complex proteins which then joined together to form more complex molecules.   There is nothing special about any of us.  We are a random convergence of natural events and we have evolved throughout the ages in many forms.  Humans and ancient fish from hundreds of millions of years ago share more than 60% of the same DNA.   Thats the only truth you need to know. 

Now, put your ego aside, stop acting like naive children and stand up and take up your real responsibility as a human.  Our purpose is to better our species in every way possible.  Don't use the bible as your guide.  It would have us stoning prostitutes and sacrificing our children to thunder.

1. profile image51
        jim4digitsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I almost like your reply but you assert things you don't know like the majority of people here and zing them with a bible smear. Next time just for fun say , Don't use the koran or torah or the entrails of animals or tarot or zodiac or the downjones stock exchange or bible or t.v, guide or crackerjack prize as your guide ... or do.

2. profile image0
        swordofgideonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

your theory would seem more far fetched than you say  creation is  i should think you would come up with something far more believable but that's the standard view held by the totally lacking in knowledge to understand the skehme of things requires years of dedication to study of divine knowledge things seen and unseen a certain matrix if you will understanding thinking beyond the flesh,understand that fleshly things are foolish things,i am going to deep sorry ,to much information truly get beyond that foolishness shalom

57. profile image51

I will serve the Creator-God Allah YHWH; and ask His help to shun the devil.

Moses and Jesus were only humble servants of the Creator-God Allah YHWH.

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
        jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

In what way you can feel the help of GOD to shun the devil.

1. profile image51

I seek help from the Creator-God Allah YHWH to overcome the the negative force called devil. With more knowledge, doing good deeds and service to humanity one could overcome devil.

58. waynet profile image69
      waynetposted 13 years ago

Depends who pays a good tip!

59. profile image0
      AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 13 years ago

As Jesus said: Don't cast your pearls before swine. Matthew 7:6. Also one other message. The fool have said in his heart there is no GOD. Thank you. Go in peace.

1. Troy C. profile image60
        Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pray for your souls, all you lost sheep. You hide behind your snide remarks but you really feel empty inside. I know I've been there  I now serve God.and strive to serve him more daily.

1. lrohner profile image68
          lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a stupid thing to say! If someone doesn't see things your way, then they must feel "empty inside"? Sir, I hate to break the news to you, but that is a sure sign of one big control freak. Get help. Quickly.

2. profile image0
          Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

maybe you'd better get that gigantic log out of your eye

60. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

"Who will you serve? God or the devil?"

Society.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)