Who do you think is the most successful Hubber

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (51 posts)
  1. mandybeau profile image59
    mandybeauposted 15 years ago

. By that I mean in terms of their personal achievements, and the popularity of there Hubs.. Its amazing what you can glean about someone by their answers to Forums and the details they give about their lifestyles.
    I have a few favs.
    Top of the list
    Londongirl because her professionalism in all things shows through. I must say I never thought I would say that I would find a lawyer/barrister, that I actually found likeable, nor with integrity, she is a asset to her profession.
    Countrywomen Great Hubs
    Anjalichugh my first fan, one of the Best
    hawkesdream
    Mamadragonfly
    Danjatsu Great sense of humour.
    Goldentoad
    and all my other fans you guys are so talented,

1. Teresa McGurk profile image60
      Teresa McGurkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yep: I gotta agree with your top pick, here: LondonGirl's hubs are everything a good hub should be -- well researched, and very well presented with variety in placement of capsules and photos.  We could all learn a lot about professional article-writing from her, and I encourage you all to give her hubs a read, if you haven't already done so.  Also, her pleasant demeanor does indeed shine through her work.  Great choice, Mandybeau.

mandybeauposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree she is great, Her hubs are so well researched they put mine to shame.
        There are many great Hubbers out there,  yourself included, but she just comes accross as how I think she would be. Totally non pretentious, and after all she is a successful professional woman as well, and I took this into account, that she is balancing so many things. Totally great achiever.
        Obviously I enjoy her subject matter as well, but I like writers that are versatile, so that is how i make a decision, I would love to hear others opinions, i mean we all have favourites.Anjalichugh is another favourite of mine, she is also I think a lawyer. So well done ladies.

2. anjalichugh profile image69
      anjalichughposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mandy
      I feel so flattered. It was good that I accidentally stumbled over this forum otherwise I would have missed out on your loving and encouraging words. Thanks to you and to all those who find my hubs worth reading. You happen to be one on the list of my favs and you know that. Needless to say that I so much admire great writers like Pgrundy, Christopher Reily, Golden Toad, Laila Rajaratnam, Countrywomen, Prem Singh (not in picture lately)and so many more who add flavor to the hub pages. Thumbs up for all of you.

I have noticed lots of the same names coming up all the time, its interesting
        Cheers
        mandy

2. mandybeau profile image59

Cheers
        mandy

3. mandybeau profile image59

Cheers
        mandy

4. Laila Rajaratnam profile image66
        Laila Rajaratnamposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Anjali..Thanks ..I'm soooo overwhelmed!:)Compliments from you mean a lot to me..and esp.mentioning me along with all those great writers..I'm at a loss for words!Thank you so much for the encouragement!smile

2. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

Wow, I'm touched! Thanks.

I've really enjoyed your current crusade, by the way (-:

Thanks it means alot,
      I think possibly I am in danger of becoming a fanatic, however I am having fun
      Have a great day
      mandy

3. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

Just going by reoccurring hubs and success stories I think the top male Hubbers are:
    Jimmythejock
    Mark Knowles
    Misha

And we can't forget females:
    Patty Inglish, MS
    Shailini
    Whitney05

And of coarse the wild-cards:
    Darkside
    ProCW

And for Subjects a personal favorite of:
    Compu-smart

These are all great hubbers I think are successful in terms of popularity, revenue, and quality of hub content! But I know there are a lot more I haven't listed here.

Narrowing it all down to one Hubber means you need a category, like making money, and then you need to compare all the incomes to see the end result! These are just some of the Hubbers I can remember, there are a ton more that are powerhouses here! Overall it's just such a good community you can't tag 1 person as being the most successful unless its in terms of money or amount of hubs because everyone has different styles and subjects they write about!

~thranax~

1. my-success-guru profile image56
      my-success-guruposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hello Hubbers,

First I want to thank all of you for your great tips, strategies and insights. Although I am fairly new to Hubpages I have read hundreds of hubs and athough I can't comment on Hubbers I didn't discover yet, I would say Jimmythejock and Shailini are two Hubbers at the top of my list. They are both very informative and insightful and I am very impressed that
      Jimmythejock had the courage and honesty to tell us what we can really expect to earn on Hubpages. I have a great deal of respect for that.

May You Be Blessed With,
      Health, Wealth and Happiness,

Jim

2. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 15 years agoin reply to this

~thranax~
      And for Subjects a personal favorite of:
      Compu-smart

Im flattered!! really!! Thanks thranax!!..

With regards to the most successful hubber, I would have to agree with Paraglider who said

Quote,
      I'd suggest that the most successful hubbers are those who get from hubpages exactly what they want, whether that's fame, money, discussion, companionship or just a good laugh."

Yayyy! Im a success:D

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Hey, thank you Thranax smile

I would add a few hubbers to the list, they are not too visible on the forums, but they are no doubt successful big time:

Embitca
    Isabella Snow
    Hope Alexander
    Sun Seven

Just from the top of my head, I am sure there are others I just did not recall right away smile

Oh, and darkside is a male smile

1. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I was thinking about Snow, I haven't seen her on fourms for months though. Sun Seven is a given too. Same with Hope.

And I never said Darkside wasn't a male! I put them under the "Wildcard" section of my post =P

~thranax~

2. thranax profile image72
      thranaxposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Opps, posted twice my bad!!

~thranax~

1. BristolBoy profile image61
        BristolBoyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I think there is something up with the forums at the moment, my comment was also posted twice (but I deleted my second one).

5. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 15 years ago

*sigh*  my heroes!

6. mayhmong profile image76
    mayhmongposted 15 years ago

Who do I think is the most successful hubber? Hmm...I would have to say, everybody else but me. Heck, I haven't been here too long. So of course I don't count?

I would say...they are:

- St. James
    - AEvanes
    - LowellWriter
    - Misha
    - GoldenToad
    - Cris A
    - Mr Nice
    - Pest
    - Tom Cornett
    - Mistyhorizon2003
    - Pgrundy
    - Amy G
    - Proud Mom
    - Imadork
    - ProfoundPuns
    - Teresa McGurk

If I didn't mentioned your name, then show me the money and I'll add ya to the list. Nah, you don't have to do that. But if you plan to, gimme a ring. big_smile

I really do think you are selling yourself short I love your Hub on Spongebob, and I don't really get off on spongebob. You have a Hubscore of 92 and you only joined 4 weeks ago.  legend.

7. countrywomen profile image59
    countrywomenposted 15 years ago

Thanks Mandy for including me(although I myself don't rate myself high at this moment). But I do agree that lawyers(LondonGirl and Anjali Chugh)  are the smartest folks with words(both online and offline). Btw I do have a special liking for lawyers since in our family many are lawyers including my parents. smile

I am rating as I think people would be in my terms of success, and yes you are up there definitely, I love your Hubs read them, and share them. I also like you ability to diplomatically get a point accross.

8. Benjimester profile image89
    Benjimesterposted 15 years ago

For humor I vote Goldentoad.  For philosophical, thoughtful hubs, I vote CrisA.

1. Pest profile image79
      Pestposted 15 years agoin reply to this

What!???!!! You are officially off the Pest fan list!!!  LOL!!!  Toad...Cris...Me...(rolleyes...everyone knows we are all the same person)Dork...AE, BP.............CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Number one!

1. goldentoad profile image61
        goldentoadposted 15 years agoin reply to this

HAHA!

1. Cris A profile image59
          Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

**whispers** benji, we are a package deal. You can't have toady and i without Pest. cool

note: but you can ignore his hubs. just accept the terms for formality's sake cool

2. imadork profile image70
        imadorkposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Pest - is that a reference to some old perfume commercial?  LOL if it is.

9. BristolBoy profile image61
    BristolBoyposted 15 years ago

One person who I am surprised I haven't seen mentioned (unless I have been stupid and missed it) is Julie-Ann Amos.  She has written some great hubs in my opinion.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image64
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Aww thank you!

10. imadork profile image70
    imadorkposted 15 years ago

Imadork

11. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

It's too hard as there are so many good hubbers out there with loads of talent.  It just depends on what you like reading and learning about.  I have very eclectic tastes and I can be a little random, so the best hubber one day for me might not be the best hubber the next day.  It depends on who I am when I wake up.

1. Pest profile image79
      Pestposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Just pick me and be done with it!  smile

12. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 15 years ago

I would have to say "First Glance" is by the far the best hubber on the planet

13. flread45 profile image60
    flread45posted 15 years ago

Simple!The owner of Hubpages

14. johnb0127 profile image62
    johnb0127posted 15 years ago

I think Pest is a really good hubber.  He writes great hubs and a lot of them are hilarious!  Good job Pest.  You should all go check out his hub on his house, OMG!  You will laugh so hard, you will cry

--John

15. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 15 years ago

For me, I go by the medals and I liked this one:

http://z.hubpages.com/u/835595_f520.jpg

16. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 15 years ago

Maybe it was just one person who did all that viewing?
    [OK I'm slightly jealous. I've not quite reached the 10 000 000 yet!]
    By the way, I'm a big fan of inspirepub (Jenny Ford) Certainly one of the wisest hubbers.

1. Shirley Anderson profile image70
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree, she's great!

1. robie2 profile image78
        robie2posted 15 years agoin reply to this

She hasn't been around much lately, has she?  I miss her--especially in the forums.

1. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

She does post time to time, but definitely nowhere near her former activity. Well, many of us have kids to feed... smile

17. profile image0
    TheSandmanposted 15 years ago

I think it's a ridiculous question, the most successful hubbers are the ones YOU like

18. profile image57
    Indian ladyposted 15 years ago

My choice:

1.Jyoti Kothari

2. Patty English
    3. Inspire pub
    4. Ratnaveera

Thanks,
    Indian Lady

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Are you by chance Jyoti's wife? big_smile

1. profile image57
        Indian ladyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ha Ha ha!!! Oh, i forget your name and you become jealous? Ok, I put your name here.

1.Jyoti Kothari
        2. Patty English
        3. Inspire pub
        4. Ratnaveera
        5. Misha

1. Misha profile image63

LOL yes, I am extremely jealous! Thank you for adding me too smile

19. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I believe everyone is successful based on their unique writing abilities, with the exception of the spammers, stalkers and plagarisers. Success can be measured at different levels, some are beginners , some are experts and some are just in between. I appreciate them all.smile

20. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 15 years ago

Pest, I've got your back!

It's Pest!!! Pest, Pest, Pest!

21. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

I think the most successful is TOF, he only has two hubs and look how much he is loved, The  Old Firm for those who don't know him

22. VioletSun profile image76
    VioletSunposted 15 years ago

I am a fan of many of you, enjoy the laughs, tears, inspiration, learning and entertainment. Would like to get to know the work of more hubbers, so will be checking out hubs over the weekend.  smile

23. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

I'd suggest that the most successful hubbers are those who get from hubpages exactly what they want, whether that's fame, money, discussion, companionship or just a good laugh.

24. William F. Torpey profile image71
    William F. Torpeyposted 15 years ago

This question is not only hard to answer, it's impossible. Those who make the most money are "successful," but so are those are "well known" and those who are "most respected," those who are the "best writers," as well as those who try the hardest, are most sincere, most friendly, most helpful, most actively involved, most talented, most prolific. I'm tempted to name names, but the list would be much to long and I wouldn't want to leave anyone out.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)