The HubPages Staff Challenge

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (39 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 13 years ago

Hey everyone!

Last Friday, Pia challenged the HubPages staff to bout of Hubbing - I have joined with her and we're going to publish one Hub every day for as long as we can!

The unspoken challenge is to see who can go at it for the longest.  This, my friends, is a game of endurance.

Though this was initially an internal challenge, we want to open it up to everyone on HubPages.  Do you dare to take up Pia's challenge as well? big_smile

May the best Hubber win!

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Congrats on taking the challenge, Simone.  smile   
      I took the challenge on January 1st and since then have had several people interested in starting one.

There's a group of us who will begin the 30 day challenge on April 1st.  I see that it also coordinates with a hubpage contest for writing.

Simone Smithposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice!!! I'm looking forward to reading the Hubs you publish as a part of that challenge!

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

I'm in! (publishing under my livelonger account)

I've published 2 this week. I will commit to at least one per week, which is more than I usually publish but pales in comparison to you guys. smile

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Unfortunately, I'm spending every spare moment moderating and can't see my way clear to taking time away from that on a daily basis to publish Hubs, but I am going to aim for one a week, which is a heck of a lot more than I've been doing the past year.

God knows when I'm going to get some sleep.

1. frogdropping profile image77
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sad

2. Sue Adams profile image94
        Sue Adamsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good for you Maddie, more moderating is badly needed here on HubPages.
        It sometimes takes me a whole day to write one decent Hub so I couldn't possibly write one Hub a day and still have a life.

2. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

You guys are trying to work fingers to the bone and keyboards to the trash can aren't you? Between the contest and Pia's challenge HP will be littered with fragmented hubbers big_smile

I'm afraid I won't be joining in as I barely have the time to drink coffee ATM but I'm sure my time will get freed up sooner or later.

And - perhaps you could write using search assist. That's been a good friend to me in the past smile

Oh and you do know that one a day is a very tall order right?!

It's purely optional big_smile  .... and who doesn't like an occasional challenge?

3. sagebrush_mama profile image60
      sagebrush_mamaposted 13 years ago

My weeks are too sporadic to do one per day, though I can probably accomplish 7 per week...great as a personal challenge!  Between your post, and the upcoming contest, I think I just got a fresh bit of encouragement to write...edit mode has been a little frustrating!  Just tidied up a work in progress, and published.

Wow, awesome!

4. Mutiny92 profile image64
      Mutiny92posted 13 years ago

well, this should make Hub Hopping EXTRA fun!!!  Just kidding!  Good for you guys!  Have fun!

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

2. Simone Smith profile image87

LOL we're doing a lot of internet Hub Hopping too!  We wouldn't shoot ourselves in the foot by making more work for moderators big_smile

5. Moonmaiden profile image68
      Moonmaidenposted 13 years ago

Who has time to write new HUBS.  All my Hubpages time will be spent contesting the hostile new Hubpages, and trying to save my current Hubs from annihilation since every rule change coming over the waterfall seems to be falling right on my head. Sink or swim baby.

Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh no!  I'm sorry you've got the impression that we're hostile.  That's definitely not our intention.  Please feel free to email me through my profile if you need any help or clarification, or simply want to voice your concerns.  We always appreciate user feedback on how we can improve.

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
          Denise Handlonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Okay, Maddie, I will take that invitation.  I'm in Moonmaiden's camp right now.  My experience has NOT been a good one and it has been confusing and frustrating.  sad

6. Mighty Mom profile image77
      Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

This is how bleary-eyed I am today.
      I read the title of this thread as "The HubPages Staff CHANGE."
      I thought y'all were playing  musical jobs or something.
      Clearly, I am in no condition to engage in any type of marathon activity that involves brain-to-hand coordination.

But I am a good cheerleader!

Simone, Simone, she's our woman, if she can't do it...
      Pia can!
      Pia, Pia, she's our woman, if she can't do it....
      Jason can!
      Jason, Jason, he's our man, if he can't do it...
      Hubbers (but not MM) can!

Good luck to all!

1. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll

@OP, good luck with that. wink

7. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 13 years ago

Sounds a bit desperate!

I just want to keep ahead of you Hub wise, is all.  wink

8. Beth100 profile image70
      Beth100posted 13 years ago

Sounds like a ton of fun!  smile

Wish y'all everlasting endurance!  Me, I might have to bough out this time... like Maddie -- need time to sleep sometime during the 24 hour day!  smile

9. Jason Menayan profile image60
      Jason Menayanposted 13 years ago

I've published 3 this week so far, and should have another prepped for tomorrow (inspired by a reader's question). smile

Nice!!

10. Beth100 profile image70
      Beth100posted 13 years ago

Way to go Jason!  Rooting for you!  smile

11. profile image0
      ryankettposted 13 years ago

Paul Deeds can double his tally with one more hub smile

1. Mutiny92 profile image64
        Mutiny92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, its his sock puppet!  sheesh.... smile

12. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

My contribution will be to read and comment.

13. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 13 years ago

How I wish I can write one hub a day!  smile  Well.... big_smile

14. Lily Rose profile image84
      Lily Roseposted 13 years ago

I wish I could! Starting in the fall both of my kids will be in school, so for the first time in six years I will have some free time! I plan on hubbing a lot more then...

Very cool!  We look forward to the fall!

15. melbel profile image93
      melbelposted 13 years ago

Awesome idea! I will start creating more hubs, but won't be publishing until the contest. Best of luck for everyone!

Nice! We look forward to you joining us in the month of April big_smile

16. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 13 years ago

Wrote a Hub on Friday, and it's already on the front page of Google for several relevant keywords.  Pretty happy with that.  Good motivation to write another this week!

(Still wish I had the time to write one daily, but that seems like an impossible dream with the amount of moderation/emails backed up!)

1. Michael Willis profile image67
        Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Maddie...I know this is not the thread for this, but I sent an email to HP yesterday about a new hub I wrote and looking for HP approval/thoughts before I publish this. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Guess this could be part of the challenge for me since the hub was different than any I have ever written.

Maddie Ruudposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Michael,

Just sought out and replied to your email.  We're pretty backed up, as you can imagine.

1. Michael Willis profile image67
            Michael Willisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Maddie. I know you all so extra busy right now. I will also make the adjustments you suggested before I publish.
            I can't believe that one mistake line I made!?!...yikes  Especially thanks for that one. Whew! Fixed and done.

17. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 13 years ago

Simone, are you posting these on the hubchallenge thread?  I don't recall seeing them there.

Nope- I'm just publishing them.  A bunch in the HP staff is too - we're just trying to build up more of a collection!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)