Making Money on Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (55 posts)
  1. brandonakelly profile image60
    brandonakellyposted 13 years ago

I just wanted to start a topic in the forum to see how well some people are doing with their hubs. I've been a member for almost a month and made about $7.50. Feel free to leave how much you make per month and advice for others as well. Thank you!

1. aznrtw2009 profile image58
      aznrtw2009posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I love the idea of making money but just start joining this hub. can someone help?

2. solar10 profile image60
      solar10posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Started 3 weeks with Hp, so far earned 0.81

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

I posted a thread about what I was making (both on HP and elsewhere) a bit back. I live off what I earn online - 100%

No other income and all gained since I started here smile

brandonakellyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's some great motivation right there.. you wouldn't happen to be a member of TKA would you?

1. frogdropping profile image76
        frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Just saw this and the answer is no. Tried it ages ago but the forum is confusing at best - which is why I joined. I like to learn from those that are ahead and tbh the website building etc was beyond where I was at the time.

The truth is I've pretty much learned what I have from here - and a hubber that's consistently fed info and encouraged me to learn from it. So my  knowledge has all been freely given by hubbers in one form or another.

The above is not about saying TKA doesn't work. I just find a lot of it bogged down with empty space that confuses the pertinent aspects. I like organized environments when I'm on a learning curve.

Just give me the facts - not the fuss smile

3. DonDWest profile image71
    DonDWestposted 13 years ago

I'm having no luck at all. Considering the amount of time I put into my hubs the past month or so, I'm dissapointed. It's a curse of mine, making money in anything proves difficult. I know all about how keywords function, statistically speaking I should be getting a lot of bites, and in many ways I am, but the money isn't there. People are simply not clicking the ads. Only 40% of my traffic sources come from hubpages, so I'm getting the exposure, unfortunately when left to fate my results as always leave much to be desired.

1. CMHypno profile image83
      CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You are still in the very early stages and have not that many hubs yet.  Keep writing quality content, do a bit of promotion and the money will come.  I only earned pence for the first few months, but have now had Adsense payment every month for a few months and earn a fair bit on Amazon

1. k_monia profile image61
        k_moniaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I started less than a month ago. I earned about 0.35$. And I wonder if anybody (other than my friends) is reading. I watched the tutorial videos and I do pretty much everything. So my question is: How do you get more people to read your hubs? And when (or after how many hubs does it take?) do you see a difference in the traffic? Help! smile

1. profile image0
          Martyv25posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have been here 12 days, so I would not get to hepped up about it, I have read your hubs they are good plenty of useful information.

Getting more viewers, keyword reasearch and backlinking are the best options, check out ryankett's hubs or maybe Website Examiner to mention a couple these guys have really helped me.

Challenge yourself publish a lot of hubs, join the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, I took up the challenge and it really does make you a better writer, my stats have gone from under 1000 to nearly 3000 in just under a month.

Get into the forums a tip I am still learning, nobody here will be nasty or anything like that its a friendly community, if you have problems ask and someone will help you out!

Good luck to you and nice to meet you.

1. LiveYourIdealLife profile image60
            LiveYourIdealLifeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like an excellent challenge. Thanks!

2. Ibrahim K. Shafin profile image61
        Ibrahim K. Shafinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good reply...Seems sensible...

2. Froggy213 profile image62
      Froggy213posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don, it takes a lot of time and patience. Back when I first started, I was making barely anything. I don't yet make a livable income without working too, but it has grown substantially.

I just visited your "silver" hub--good hub-I would add a coupld ebay ads for silver bars or coins.

I make pretty good money off both google and ebay--others do well with amazon.

Experiment--track and don't have false ideas you will get "rich overnight"

Keep writing those good hubs and it will come.

3. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't think luck has anything to do with it.

The one thing that is always true: your site can always get more views or be better in some way.

With the amount of hubs you have I(personally) would find it difficult to make good money, if any at all. I can here with no experience, and am just now making okay money.

I just made $7 off of adsense 2 days ago and $0.60 yesterday. If I had way less hubs, I could never expect that. At least not at this point with my hubs. My hubs are ranging from games to recycling.

4. 1974 profile image67
      1974posted 13 years agoin reply to this

40% traffic from HubPages is huge!  It is general consensus that Hubbers don't normally click on ads.  In addition to writing more Hubs, I would focus on getting more organic traffic from the search engines.  Do some research on promotion and back linking, there are too many useful Hubs that have already been written on the topic to list them here.

1. anish92 profile image65
        anish92posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point. I totally agree. Only way to get adclicks is through SE traffic.

5. brandonakelly profile image60

Hey, don't get upset man, I'll let you in on a little secret which I used to get started. Go to thekeywordacademy.com and you'll learn everything you need to make money through keywords and adsense. You'll get to that point soon if you use their information, I promise.

4. MissE profile image78
    MissEposted 13 years ago

That's good for a first month!!!!  When I started a little over a year ago I was making pennies a month.  Now I'm about to reach my fourth pay out.  I make about $70 per month.  Not too shabby, but there are MANY people out there making more! big_smile

Thanks MissE, I've been doing a lot of research into SEO and it seems to be paying off pretty well. I'm not ranking number one in any of my keywords yet, but that day will come.. soon lol. I'm glad you're making more money.

1. JD Barlow profile image59
        JD Barlowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It can be frustrating. Still I am making something and at the beginning even the few pennies can be motivating.

5. Novel Treasure profile image87
    Novel Treasureposted 13 years ago

I just joined 5 days ago, so I have no income and didn't expect to. I am excited to see what I can accomplish through hub pages.

6. profile image52
    Slushyposted 13 years ago

I just started getting into this hubbing thing, although I've registered half a year ago, but back then I just threw my hub out there and hoped it would work, now I provide more content, add video and images, include my rss feed and put good tags on it.

I hope this helps :-)

The only thing I still have barely any idea about, is how to increase my author points, so I can finally get do-follow links and help my real website's ranking a little more big_smile

7. v.sridhar36 profile image59
    v.sridhar36posted 13 years ago

Hubpages is just awesome and that too with the revenue from both Amazon touching 100$ last month. This month I am already at 50$ in Amazon and 12$ in adsense. Hope that it will be a great month this time.

8. profile image56
    G.M.Duclosposted 13 years ago

Thanks brandonakelly, & everyone else for the great info.  Just started, took awhile as I couldn't think of anything to write about.  Once I did, it got me to set everything up, and to delve deeper into what this is all about.  It has also given me more ideas for some new hubs.  Not looking to get rich, just trying to get ahead.

9. azimimpossible profile image60
    azimimpossibleposted 13 years ago

i just started with Hubs.i don't know what my future is.I am trying web answers and flixya too.But nothing is working for me.sad

10. melpor profile image91
    melporposted 13 years ago

My earnings have been increasing steadily from month to month since joining hub pages. Hopefully I will make my first payout next month (Feb 2011). It has been a slow climb but I am earning and I am hoping it will increase faster for the next payout. Just be patience and continue to write more hubs to increase your earning rate.

11. profile image0
    Nick Beginposted 13 years ago

I'm jsut starting out also so thanks for everyone for sharing their experiences. It would be interesting to know stats on average payout timelines and such.

12. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

why do people keep asking about how to make money on this dating site!?!!?

1. prairieprincess profile image91
      prairieprincessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol!!!

Good question!

13. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

I've been here about five weeks and my adsense earnings are about $25. The earnings are up and down, depending on the day!

1. cheapsk8chick profile image47
      cheapsk8chickposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty amazing!

14. andres1977 profile image59
    andres1977posted 13 years ago

Hey, I just began with my first hub!! I hope everything goes well within the next months!! My favorite topics: travel and golf!! hope you visit my hub and good luck to you all!

15. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 13 years ago

They're kind of low right now - I think I earned less than a nickel today, lol.

16. sirrot profile image60
    sirrotposted 13 years ago

I write to earn income with adsense.  I can not find a way to see what part of the adsense income comes from hubpages.  Can anyone help me?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to add HubPages as a channel on your Adsense account.

From HubPages Help:

Once you’ve logged into your Google AdSense account click on ‘Google AdSense Setup’.

1. Underneath that click on ‘Channels’.
         2. A little further down click on ‘URL channels’.
         3. Click on ‘Add new URL channels’,
         4. Type in hubpages.com. Make sure it’s ONLY hubpages.com you don’t need in the www (if you put in the www it won’t work).
         5. Click on ‘Add channels’.

1. sirrot profile image60
        sirrotposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I think I have done this but will double check.  I did look at the traffic source data and even though hubpages shows up as a url channel they do not appear in the list that is reporting.  Maybe it is not important!

b

17. Brie Hoffman profile image61
    Brie Hoffmanposted 13 years ago

I make about $150 a month.

1. May PL profile image66
      May PLposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been part of this community for 2 months, have accumulated a whopping $7.

18. profile image0
    Martyv25posted 13 years ago

I have been here for two months now and recently took part in the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, my earnings $2.31 about £1.98 in English money. This is with no keyword reasearch and very little backlinking. I am near the end of the challenge and will be going through each hub and reasearching keywords on them all. According to my analytics account 69% of my traffic comes from search engines, mostly Google but some Bing, Yahoo and AOL.

19. Bellamie profile image59
    Bellamieposted 13 years ago

I can't seem to get signed up to start earning.  page shows configure.  I tried to put in last five of phone number and zip code, but it says I have one or the other wrong. I only use one phone number and the zip didn't change.  What am I doing wrong?  Can anyone help??  I have been trying off and on for three weeks or so.

1. profile image0

I really dont know what the problem would be there, I presume you are referring to a Google Adsense account, if so try clearing your Internet history and re starting your browser, this may kick it into action. Other than that you could use a different web browser, Google Chrome maybe!

Hope this is some help and good luck with it.

1. Bellamie profile image59
        Bellamieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I will try exactly that.  I hope it works.  Thankyou Maryv25.

20. Caitlinroxanne profile image57
    Caitlinroxanneposted 13 years ago

Try re- booting your Laptop or bigger computer then try  to key in the information. If that dont help just  do it another time. You will end up with it some how :-) *Cait

1. Bellamie profile image59
      Bellamieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have tried to re-enter info soooo many times, but will reboot and try again.  Thanks for the advice Caitlinroxanne!

21. profile image53
    frankiemuniz01posted 13 years ago

I m trying to become a favorite but i don not know a bit about it.

1. profile image0

If you are reffering to Google Adsense account all you need to do is type that into your browsre. Set up an account (its free) you wll be given a publisher ID is will start ca-pub make sure to paste this code to the Affiliate section on your Hubpages account. Now you can start to make money from Adsense, you need to write some Hubs first though.

Good Luck.

2. simeonvisser profile image69
      simeonvisserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A favorite? You need to write more hubs for that to happen.

22. PixelPaige profile image60
    PixelPaigeposted 13 years ago

I joined a few months back but I just started using my account yesterday. I've published one hub so far and want to have a goal to publish about one a day so I can do the 30 day challenge... in the past I haven't had great success with Adsense but I think the publicity that Hubpages can give things is definitely beneficial. So I'll see what happens!

1. profile image0

Hey welcome to hubpages, good luck to you.

23. joinup profile image60
    joinupposted 13 years ago

Actually right way of the online earn with hubpages

24. mondejar2009 profile image60
    mondejar2009posted 13 years ago

Joined 6 months ago but by adsense earning is still $1.08.

25. Gramalho profile image61
    Gramalhoposted 12 years ago

i started 1 week ago and have:
    3 hubs
    109 page views,
    HubPages Ad Program Earnings: $0.02 so far this month
    Adsense $0,00

not good... sad

but i hope to write some hubs more.

i'll start my own challenge, 15 hubs in 30 days! i hope i improve my page views and earnings wink

see you all !

1. myseobox profile image38
      myseoboxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I started yesterday and have 4 hubs so far.

I guess if you want more traffic it does make sense to do keyword research and ping your hubs.

26. moneymarketing profile image40
    moneymarketingposted 12 years ago

The beginning is always difficult, but as I mentioned in my hub I published, many people create sites however have no experience on how to attract traffic to their hubs. The secret to making money is the tragedy. If you want more follow me

27. Car-way profile image61
    Car-wayposted 12 years ago

goooooooooooooood for $

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)