What is your job at the moment?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (54 posts)
  1. icewave5 profile image61
    icewave5posted 14 years ago

I'm currently a student who want to go into the finance sector.. I don't know what jobs to do.. any suggestions..

Being a student is fun but i want to have the freedom, get a job and do the things i want..

Whats your job, how do you find it and what job would you like?

1. Lissie profile image76
      Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL you're never have more freedom than when you are a student - you're have money with a job but certainly not more freedom. Does anyone tell you what to wear everyday now? Does anyone tell you when to study? Does anyone care if you hung over at class? Enjoy your freedom.

I echo others - I've never been happier since I dumped the career and went out on my own - but I wouldn't recomment it for cash flow!

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Job: Slacker

Found it by: Buggering about

Favourite job: This one

In fact I think I should put my CV up here somewhere. Maybe I could get an even better one big_smile

3. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 14 years ago

I'm an online junkie. Quit the 9 to 5 August of last year. I do freelance work on the side to keep the boat afloat. cool

4. profile image0
    nazishnasimposted 14 years ago

I wish I could leave my job. Love the work, hate the workplace!

1. Cris A profile image60
      Cris Aposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ah that's a dilemma alright! What do you do anyway? cool

1. profile image0
        nazishnasimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I shall write a hub on that one day! big_smile alright?

fair enough. that should be cool cool

2. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is the same condition with me too but it is not to the right time to quit job in this recession time

5. m_michaelm profile image60
    m_michaelmposted 14 years ago

My job at the moment is looking for one and trying to keep my mental health! NASA has gone through layoffs at Kennedy Space Center and I’m one of them. I created STS Mission designs for each shuttle flight (STS-107 Gods Speed) is one of my designs among others and promotional displays and other media.  So, if there is an employer out there please look at my site

http://www.michaelmarks.net and give me a call NOW!

6. forlan profile image61
    forlanposted 14 years ago

my job is financial consultant. same as you, i am not enjoying my jobs. i get the job from my brother.

we must realized finding a job is difficult today especially in underdeveloped country like mine. You should thanks to God for your job

7. ripplemaker profile image76
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

I'm connected with a preschool...big_smile

Lemme guess! The favourite teacher! Am I right Miss Michelle? cool

8. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I love my jobs

I'm a full time student
    I'm a server at a great restaurant
    And I'm one of the directors at the student health center

Works for me, one gives me the knowledge I need to do the job I really want. One pays the bills and lets me have a little fun and I get to hang out with my friends and make people happy. And one gives me plenty of experience and education in the field I'm going into. smile I will be applying to Physician Assistant school in the fall.

9. Rockwell Fitness profile image59
    Rockwell Fitnessposted 14 years ago

i'm a personal trainer and love it...

10. marisuewrites profile image57
    marisuewritesposted 14 years ago

property manager; teacher, writer, student of people, lover of many....LOL

11. eric2112 profile image69
    eric2112posted 14 years ago

I'm a computer technician. Love the job, like the hours and the weekends off are nice. However, if I could discover that ever ellusive residual income, my life would be alot happier. tongue

12. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

Kicking a$$ and taking usernames... wink

13. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 14 years ago

What's your job, eye color, real name, show us your real picture where you from etc etc,
    soon you guys will be asking for penis or boob sizes getting very personal in here.....jimmy

1. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haha, true. 34D, I don't mind getting personal winkI won't ask you the other question, that's REALLY personal!

2. HubPolice profile image57
      HubPoliceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Law enforcement, and my penis is huge (just in case anybody was wondering).

1. sassychic profile image61
        sassychicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

this is cracken me up!smile

3. LondonGirl profile image81
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

36E / 20 / 36......

(hey, this is the net, right?)

4. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

what is your boob size then tell us......

14. ShortSalesMVP profile image60
    ShortSalesMVPposted 14 years ago

I currently work as a Part time Business Consultant, but I run my own Real estate investment business

15. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

For the past 14 years I have had well paying job that I HATE.  Fortunately that will change at the end of the year.  I'm moving back to Chicago where I will be pursuing two of my passions, filmmaking and consulting.  I'm a problem solver, with consulting I solve clients problems and with filmmaking I solve my problems... If you think about it, I'd have bigger problems if nobody had problems. It's my own personal conundrum.

16. wittywriter profile image60
    wittywriterposted 14 years ago

I used to be a freelance writer. Now I am a License Nursing Assistant. I was in school for my associates degree, but took some time off. I like the elderly, but hate getting up at 4:30 AM. although getting out of work at 2:00 PM is promising. I have been a LNA for three years. I just got a freelance writing job, so getting back into the freelance game, my true love. I am hoping in the next year to go part time as a LNA and full time as a freelance writer again.

17. sassychic profile image61
    sassychicposted 14 years ago

I work with children with and without disablities! I also volunteer at a hospital and a vet clinic as well, and I also work at a restuarant too.

I love all my jobs so much! Im happy to have a job and plus it's good pay1 Im extremely forunate and greatful for my jobs and work!!!!!

18. DonnaCSmith profile image81
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

I am a writer.

19. Everyday Miracles profile image84
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

I am a mom. I write here at Hubpages, and I *am* making money doing it, but it's not a "job" per se.

My goal, ultimately, is to make my career on the stage, and yes, dammit, I'm serious. And YES I'M THAT GOOD lol

Seriously. When the children are old enough for me to do auditions I'm going to try to get some local theatre work. I don't expect it to be any more difficult for me than for any person who actually has talent, so here's to a career as an actress!

20. belief713 profile image59
    belief713posted 14 years ago

My official J.O.B. (just over broke) is - I'm a well-paid cashier (aka toll collector). I'm also a mom, above all else.

21. chicago girl profile image60
    chicago girlposted 14 years ago

my first job is i am a mother five
    i also work full-time night at a hospital I AM A PROFESSIONAL A$S WIPER

1. wittywriter profile image60
      wittywriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Howdy! From one professional a$$ Wiper to another.

1. chicago girl profile image60
        chicago girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello the elderly are fun and you can always get a good laugh

yes, you can get a good laugh. They are very funny and have a lot to say. They can get a bit frisky too. Got to be careful. lol! I have a great time at work. I work with some wonderful staff and wonderful residents. That is the only reason to get up at 4:30 in the morning. LOL!

1. chicago girl profile image60
            chicago girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

it is a good thing when you can go to work and enjoy it

Well, I am a pretty upbeat person. I can have fun anywhere. Many tell me (that I work with) that when they see me on the schedule they get excited. They enjoy me making jokes, laughing and doing things for a laugh. I have been known to make myself a butt of a joke. In the dining room I have been known to sing to the residents (although many tell me they will pay me to stop) and dance just to see a resident smile. I have been told that, "Thank, God, April you are my LNA today. I thought it was going to be an uneventful day," by residents.
              It does not bother me. If someone gets a good laugh, so be it. Many of the nurses love to pick on me, its great because they know I can dish it right back. I get lots of hugs and thank yous at the end of the day that I made the mundane better. It is true, many days are the same, but if you can have fun and get people to laugh off the mundane it makes it better. I have a LNA buddy that calls me 'Apes'. My name is April and she just gets a kick out of the way she says it. She will bust my chops in a kidding way. I enjoy it.

22. Elynjo profile image60
    Elynjoposted 14 years ago

Just started a small business, internet access/cybercafe catering university students and tourists.

1. icewave5 profile image61
      icewave5posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish i had an internet cafe... it would be cool..i wonder how much it takes to start up it... $500,000? $400,000?

23. RNMSN profile image58
    RNMSNposted 14 years ago

I am a registered nurse of thirty-three years. I am wound care nurse for a nursing home in Fairhope, Alabama. I love nursing, I love helping.
    I would like, if I had my "ruthers" to teach; though I fear I waited too long to get my masters degree. All nurses teach, and I continue to do so, but I'd really rather do it in a structured classroom setting and on the floor of a teaching institution.
    Oh well, if wishes were frogs, they wuldn't bump their butts when they hop, eh?

24. Murilion profile image61
    Murilionposted 14 years ago

I am VA at the moment and I got also paid to blog and now plan to make money with hub

25. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I'm a temporary employee for a print company owned by Aflac. Currently I'm a receptionist, but I'll be in a few other departments by mid-June. I pretty much just float around as needed, but I prefer the front desk because I can get all my online writing stuff done at work, and deal with my reptiles when I get home versus having to do it all when I get home.

They're trying to hire me as either the front desk person or a permanent floater, but they're not sure where yet.

26. apeksha profile image67
    apekshaposted 14 years ago

Hub Pages...writeup...
    I am engineer and due to recession dont have job..
    I am a job Seeker...

27. Jenny Zhang profile image60
    Jenny Zhangposted 14 years ago

I'm currently looking for a job in Ann Arbor. It's hard work, but at least I have a page full of good places to work.

28. meetbrandon profile image70
    meetbrandonposted 14 years ago

I am an editor for the New York Times Co., a freelance commercial writer, a filmmaker and student.

29. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I am a stay at home mom, for the time being.  I hope to home school my kids.  I was an HIV/STD educator for a non-profit foundation in my home city for 10 years.  I love teaching, so I may as well teach my kids.

30. DonnaCSmith profile image81
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

In addition to book author and freelance writer I recently started a new job in customer service - working from home. I love it.

31. N. Ramius profile image72
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I'm unemployed. I miss my accounting job.

32. profile image0
    Conrad2010posted 14 years ago

I'm unemployed. Was a Shipper Receiver for a larger printing company that went under.

33. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I'm in Direct Sales (and PLEASE don't confuse that with MLM) smile

34. profile image0
    annvansposted 14 years ago

I am a millionaire, I don't need to work, so I don't (of course I am kiddn).  I am looking for a job, I don't care if I have to shovel doo doo.

35. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Therapist specializing in mental health and addiction issues.  Also help families cope with diagnosis of Juvenile Diabetes.  Taking some time off now to be with the kids, though.

36. TJenkins602 profile image60
    TJenkins602posted 14 years ago

My Job: Publish Articles, Mturk hits, create websites. I am new at this but I had to stretch myself because no one is hiring at the moment because of this economic meltdown.

37. Janet21 profile image79
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

My #1 and most important job is stay at home Mommy.

My second job is online affiliate marketer, blogger, writer, hubber, lensmaster, etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)