If you could send 4 politicians to the moon...

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (47 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 12 years ago

which 4 would you choose? I'd send 2 Rs and 2 Ds:

Newt Gingrich
    Debbie Wasserman Schultz
    Dick Cheney
    Nancy Pelosi

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Please don't send Nancy.  It will only confuse her more.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

+1

I'll add Al Gore.

1. profile image0
          Longhunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A whole new con: LUNAR WARMING

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
        uncorrectedvisionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nancy may be the only one who can legally leave the Earth - she has a passport and her visitor visa has expired.

3. livelonger profile image86
        livelongerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol Great topic.

John Edwards
        Newt Gingrich
        Rick Santorum
        Mike Huckabee

1. Paul Wingert profile image62
          Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only 4? I was hoping it would be by groups. I'd list the entire Congress and Senate. I agree by exiling Edwards and Cheney but they’re no longer active. I'd keep Ron Paul and Gingrich around because they're basically “Comic Relief Politicians“. Although Gingrich wants to establish a moon colony, maybe he should be the first to be the "pioneer". Is Sarah Palin still active in politics?  If she is, she’d be considered a half-politician since she quit her governor’s job. Keep her around, she’s hilarious! Anyway, my choice of active politicians to the moon would be Santorum, Romney, McDonnel - Governor of Virginia, and Mitch McConnell.

4. Richieb799 profile image74
        Richieb799posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Can't you send them to the Sun instead?

1. habee profile image92
          habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ouch!!

5. Shinkicker profile image53
        Shinkickerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd send them all. Back from where they came. LOL

2. nextstopjupiter profile image60
      nextstopjupiterposted 12 years ago

Only 4? I am only afraid that there would not be a space shuttle big enough to send them all on my list ..., and no return tickets please!

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I second that!

1. Hawkesdream profile image65
          Hawkesdreamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Third and carried lol

2. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Lolo! One-way only when can they leave? big_smile

3. billybuc profile image85
      billybucposted 12 years ago

Oh that's so easy to answer....she is from Alaska....she will not stop talking....she will not stop annoying others....she will not go away....since she has the ego and ambition of four people then I would just send her so the rest of us can have some well-deserved peace and quiet.

1. profile image0
        jenuboukaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah, so true billy, so true.  I am with you on this!

1. 910chris profile image74
          910chrisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Barney Frank
          Mitt Romney
          Arlen Specter
          The whole Bush family!

4. Gypsy Willow profile image64
      Gypsy Willowposted 12 years ago

I agree with the sentiments of all the above posts!

5. Evan G Rogers profile image62
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

I would like to credit Ron Paul with the idea of sending politicians to the moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAy6vGXo … re=related

1. habee profile image92

Kudos to RP for this great idea!

6. Angela Blair profile image68
      Angela Blairposted 12 years ago

Question: Does hot air from the politicians affect lift off? If so, unfortunately they're all earth bound forever.

1. habee profile image92

Sis, maybe all that hot air would get them there faster!

1. Angela Blair profile image68
          Angela Blairposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Holle -- we can only hope! By the way, my four choices would be our POTUS, Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Nelson and Mr. Cain!

1. habee profile image92

'Grats on the 100!

1. Angela Blair profile image68
              Angela Blairposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks muchly -- seems the "100" is your home away from home -- 'grats back at 'cha.

7. HattieMattieMae profile image60
      HattieMattieMaeposted 12 years ago

4. I would choose all of them, and all new people!

8. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

And there are a certain 2 senators in California...

9. maxoxam41 profile image64
      maxoxam41posted 12 years ago

Sometimes I am pondering on the relevance of such question? What do we achieve? No reflection.

10. Charles James profile image67
      Charles Jamesposted 12 years ago

I am a little unclear whether there is a return ticket.

It would affect my choice.

11. Evan G Rogers profile image62
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years ago

Rick Santorum
      Mitt Romney
      Newt Gingrich
      Barack Obama

12. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 12 years ago

Does this selection include our President?

http://thmg.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Npingree/Emoticons/th_Smiley-Snicker.gif

13. nextstopjupiter profile image60
      nextstopjupiterposted 12 years ago

Newt Gingrich had the idea to colonize the Moon, great idea, Newt for President on the Moon, and let's give Sarah a second chance to become Vice President!

14. JKenny profile image88
      JKennyposted 12 years ago

Tony Blair
      George W. Bush
      Nick Clegg
      David Cameron

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

15. trimar7 profile image61
      trimar7posted 12 years ago

There are many moons. Which moon are you sending them to? There is an old joke about lawyers. There are a number of lawyers on a beach buried in sand up to their necks. What is wrong with this picture? Answer: Not enough sand. Couldn't this apply? - not enough moons.

I apologize to all honorable lawyers and politicians. I know a few of them but sorry to say I know more who are not.

16. ib radmasters profile image60
      ib radmastersposted 12 years ago

It depends on whether it was a one or two way trip, and how long would they be there.

17. profile image0
      Longhunterposted 12 years ago

One way trip with no chance of getting back?

Barack Hussein Obama
      Harry Reid
      Debbie Wasserman Schultz
      Maxine Waters

Nancy Pelosi as a stow away because she heard booze would be available on the trip.

18. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 12 years ago

Well, of the current nutjobs.

Rick Santorum
      Michelle Bachman
      John Boener (bone head)
      George W. Bush.

And, Sarah palin standing at the bottom of the launch pad to cheer them on at lift off! Instead of Drill baby drill. We'll all be singing disco inferno!

I would like to give a few more a special ticket for the ride. Even build a luxury seating area in the cargo hold of the shuttle, with a giant slingshot that catapults them into space, so that they never come back.

Or maybe give the rocket just enough gas so that it leaves the earth, and circles long enough for them all to drop dead before crashing to the earth in a fireball, where the rest lands safely in a volcano.

1. AEvans profile image72

Singing disco inferno! lololo! This thread is absolutely hilarious I am loving the sense of humor. Oh and I also like the luxury seating and the sling-shot! big_smile

19. schoolgirlforreal profile image79
      schoolgirlforrealposted 12 years ago

I think one of our own would be good to run: hmm who do you think could do well? cagsil? he's pretty up to date on things----I only disagree on a few things. lol

What about Donald Trump?

1. brimancandy profile image78
        brimancandyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think Donald trump would only be satisfied being President of the United States if his hair was the vice president. As Robin Williams once said, his hair tells him what to say, and then slithers back onto his head like a cockroach or a spider. He would probably jus tell everyone that they are fired, and be the only employed person in the country.

20. ib radmasters profile image60
      ib radmastersposted 12 years ago

It looks like this forum has run out of gas.

No, just awaiting lift off! lolo! big_smile Care to stand on the sidelines and join us?smile

21. LeanMan profile image79
      LeanManposted 12 years ago

Is it not enough that we have polluted this planet - why do we want to send waste materials to the moon????? Without an atmosphere and microbes to break down the waste they may last much longer there - much better if we just take ALL politicians put them in a large field and.....................

Lolololo! And the thread keeps going! big_smile

1. Michele Travis profile image67
          Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only 4?

22. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Send them all there lol

One small step for man ,one giant leap for us left behind smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)