I heard some hubbers got 1,000 dollars per day in Hubpages, how true?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (58 posts)
  1. christianajohan profile image56
    christianajohanposted 12 years ago

All of us need financial reward for survival. I just wonder if it is really true or not.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been here 4 years and have never met anyone earning anything like that.  I know some people who were earning $3,000 to $4,000 pre-Panda.  I don't know whether anyone is still reaching those levels today.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
        Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just realized I missed out something important in that sentence.  I meant to say, "$3,000 to $4,000 per month pre-Panda".  Those figures were fairly reliable.  I have never heard of anyone making more than that from HubPages.

1. buckleupdorothy profile image70
          buckleupdorothyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Would you mind telling me what Panda is?

1. lobobrandon profile image88
            lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Panda's belong to the bear family big_smile

But, it's basically the Panda updates that everyone is talking about. It's basically a change in the Google search algorithm so that people get better results when they search for stuff using the search engine (at least that's what it's supposed to do).

1. buckleupdorothy profile image70
              buckleupdorothyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So then the assumption is that "pre-Panda" earnings are lower than "post-Panda" earnings?

No, everyones pre-panda is higher. I wasn't here back then but the traffic fell after the updates.

There maybe people who benefited as well. I'm not sure.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
                    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I definitely fell into the group who did benefit, although from Feb to to mid Oct my earnings and traffic dropped a lot. Suddenly in mid Oct (when Google tweaked the Panda algorithm again), my traffic just crept up and up and up, and my income along with it, so since Panda I am better off than before, although like I said earlier, I am a little down on my usual figures for the past couple of weeks approx.

2. ArtzGirl profile image74
      ArtzGirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, this sounds like an Urban Legend.  This couldn't be true.

3. aisha91 profile image53
      aisha91posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's really great if it is true, but I doubt it, all I know there are some who earn 1000 per month and not per day.

I guess you mistook it for 1000 cents a day tongue

4. Trsmd profile image57
      Trsmdposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes that is true, but don't join here by hearing such words. Because that strength will be within 10 numbers out of 2,20,000 hubbers overall. It will reward to the great and original content writers only and having great SEO knowledge.

2. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 12 years ago

I'm sure there are a few here who earn $100 a day but $1000 a day seems unlikely - lets wait for someone to tell me I'm wrong!  smile

1. rmcrayne profile image91
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I recall a particular hubber who posted that he had hit the $100 per day mark most days (pre-Panda), mostly with one well crafted and marketed hub.  $1000 per day?  I seriously doubt it.

3. profile image0
    andycoolposted 12 years ago

1000 USD per month is very much possible but per day? No idea!

4. JKenny profile image88
    JKennyposted 12 years ago

Most of the success stories earn around 1000 dollars a month, I think doing it in a day would be a really tall order.

1. ArtzGirl profile image74
      ArtzGirlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No way.  The math wouldn't add up for that!

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Pre-Panda there were some sorta anonymous hubber with very misleading hubs which earned them millions of views because searchers thought they were going to the real businesl site.  I have no idea how much these scammy hubs earned but they sure were difficult to get removed from the site.  Who knows?  smile

SSSSS

5. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

It would be a pretty amazing task to make $1K in a day on Hp,...or anywhere for that matter. However, if it turns out someone is managing to accomplish this, I want in!! cool
    Cheers~

6. b4murray profile image81
    b4murrayposted 12 years ago

I made 34 cents one day smile woo hoo!

1. Hawkesdream profile image65
      Hawkesdreamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations, Don't spend it all at once, will you. lol

2. curiozities profile image60
      curiozitiesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So you're buying the drinks then, right? smile

3. LoriSoard profile image63
      LoriSoardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Something we all should strive for. :-D

7. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Also got to add smile this wasn't a overnight sensation tongue it takes time and dedication to build your little HP empire to reach this level but it can be done smile

8. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I would be happy if I could earn $10 a day and ecstatic if I made it to 100!

9. Rudra profile image67
    Rudraposted 12 years ago

hype..

10. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

It was me!

I used to earn $1000 per day here on HP, until August 10th.

Now I am in the sandbox I am lucky if I earn $1 a day.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, Izzy.

If I had a success like that snatched away from me, I don't know what I'd do...

11. steveso profile image76
    stevesoposted 12 years ago

I would love to earn just $1 a day and I would be happy.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, trust me, you wouldn't, not if you'd previously earned $1000 a day!!

R u serious about the $1k a day because I find it hard to believe

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

How many days did you earn that for Izzy? Was it a one off day, or a normal daily amount over a long period of time?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Oh it was over a loooong period of time! Didn't you know?

LOL, no, I am probably one of the few that don't Izzy, but perhaps I frequented the forums less in those days smile

I truly sympathise with your situation now on that basis, as I think I might throw myself off a cliff if my income went from that to zero virtually overnight because of being sandboxed.

1. IzzyM profile image87

I might have exaggerated just a teensy-weensy bit for the sake of encouraging new hubbers. Just a totey bit, you understand!

But it did all fall off a cliff sad ( I have no intention of going after it lol)

Well I definitely advise against following your traffic off a cliff Izzy LOL.

1. IzzyM profile image87

The Pied Piper. Might have to write a hub about that, not that anyone will read it!

Still, you never know smile

True, you don't know until you try lol. wink

So are you going to reveal what you were really earning (roughly) before being sandboxed? That might be useful to new hubbers as well. I am happy to openly admit I am well into three figures each month without giving specifics.

2. lobobrandon profile image88

Hmm liar tongue
                But, is your traffic on this account improving or not?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Liar?? Me??? Que dices hombre!!

Yo no soy mentirosa! [LOL]

Em, no my traffic is falling, it now a quarter roughly of what it was after Panda hit, and about 300 hubs ago.

It is less than half what it was in December.

It's dead, in other words.

I'm off to write a bestseller!!

Good luck with your book if your really up to it smile
                    I guess your other accounts would be faring better?

12. curiozities profile image60
    curiozitiesposted 12 years ago

FWIW, I wrote a hub long ago about making a million dollars on HubPages.  I calculated that I would have to write 7,692,296 hubs to make a million dollars. smile

13. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Only Alien Abductees earn 1000K/Day + here!  smile

14. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

There was a fellow with about 2500 hubs. And he openly said he earnt very little from them.

Misha was earning $100 a day at some stages... but he's since left.

Without AMAZING keyword and backlinking skills + very high traffic with great CTR, I very much doubt anyone could get $1,000 per day!

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Misha still has an account on HubPages, same account as before.

http://misha.hubpages.com

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but he's no longer active and before he left said he wouldn't bother making changes. There were originally 20 hubs on that account.

Hal Lacino is the one with 2500 hubs (although it looks like two may have been unpublished).

http://hallicino.hubpages.com/

1. profile image0

In my opinion, it just isn't accurate on the forum to say that a member whose account remains active and who has published hubs "has left." Others would easily get the impression that the account had been closed, which is not the case. Misha presumably still has earnings from his remaining hubs, he is still bound by the rules. He has not left HubPages.

1. WryLilt profile image89
            WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sorry. How about "no longer active on the site" or "no longer publishing"?

1. profile image0

Sounds very appropriate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)