Is using Marijuana a Sin?

Jump to Last Post 101-129 of 129 discussions (358 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

How bout some Cheetos?

2. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

Well joints and are equally as bad! It's just you can see the black shit on bongs and pipes.

1. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you suggesting I smoke joints?  I would never do a thing like that wink

1. marcel285 profile image63
        marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well you clearly indicated that you consume it..hpw many ways is there to smoke it..

3. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

TO keep the body in good health is a duty, otherwise one will not be able to keep their mind strong and clear.

4. profile image0

Not so much a sin if you have a terminal illness, however.

1. marcel285 profile image63
      marcel285posted 14 years agoin reply to this

A friend of mine is 22 an has a tumour in hs brain, less than a year to live. He smokes pot to calm him, coz he has epilectic fits...So for medicinal, yes it should be used.

5. profile image0

Agreed.

6. profile image0

brownies?

1. starme77 profile image76
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah ya got some , I want one or two lol

7. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It may be a sin to buy leaf, but good head will be just fine! smile

1. PB_Smith profile image60
      PB_Smithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Getting good head is always fine, but I'm sure some people think that's a sin too. Just can't have any fun at all. sad

8. profile image0

Nope. No fun at all. big_smile

9. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

For above statements..

LG..Hell is mentioned many times but refers to the grave..however in Revelations it speaks of the Lake of Fire..where death and hell is cast into.

Not that which goes into a man's mouth defiles him.
    We defile the Temple by the evil within ..

I don't smoke but there is no way with all the murders, thefts etc
    that smoking is wrong...and from what I've learned, the resin does not harm you like the tar in cigarettes.

1. twuxedo profile image59
      twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The majiuana is bad, and yet you say cigs are worst this I fin perplexing

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When cigarettes are made, it is mixed with alcohol to extract the nicotine making it more potent. Alcohol mixed with tar makes the tar more dangerous and harder to extract by the body. This is the same mixture they use to make tar for the roads.
        So I stand by my opinion.
        Marijuana is very successful in stopping the formation of plaque in the brain of Multiple Sclerosis patients, therefore saving their lives.

1. twuxedo profile image59
          twuxedoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are very clever lady I not know all that. We just told do not tuoch majiuana it very bad, also cigs are bad as well. We grow own tobacco and dry and smoke, no alcohol used. confusing

1. profile image0

So are you a manufacturer of cigarettes?

It is the same way they make Salvia

2. profile image0

From The Internet

Cigarette Manufacturing

A recipe-specified combination of brightleaf, burley-leaf and oriental-leaf tobacco will be mixed with humectants (food additive or skin lotion.) such as propylene glycol or glycerol
            (propylene glycol is a liquid alcohol that is used as a solvent, in antifreeze, and in the food, plastics, and perfume industries.
            Glycerol is a colorless, sweet, viscous liquid formed as a byproduct in soap manufacture. It is used as an emollient and laxative, and for making explosives and antifreeze. • A trihydric alcohol; chem. formula: .) as well as flavouring products and enhancers such as cocoa and licorice, tobacco extracts, and various sugars, which are known collectively as "casings".

The leaf tobacco will then be shredded, along with a specified amount of small laminate  expanded tobacco, BL, RL, ES and IS. A perfume-like flavour/fragrance, called the "topping" or "toppings",  will then be blended into the tobacco mixture to improve the consistency in flavour and taste of the cigarettes.

As you can see, cigarettes are much worse then pot.

10. twuxedo profile image59
    twuxedoposted 14 years ago

No not me, but this country makes its tobacco in thjis way. Many villages have sm kde for years. Dried tobacco, many chew also.

11. hubberbuddy profile image60
    hubberbuddyposted 14 years ago

no it is not a sin!

12. tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

If smoking pot is a sin, I'm going directly to Hell.
    where I'm sure I'll find more pot to smoke ! lol

13. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

wheres the exit stragaty ? what have we acomplished? we must stop this war on drugs.

14. profile image0

Crap! I just ran out of papers! lol

1. profile image0

Don't use a can or aluminum because all metal goes through the spinal column and into the brain. It can cause you problems with your brain.

15. Ghost Guide profile image60
    Ghost Guideposted 14 years ago

My feelings is absolutely not, if you go by religious beliefs yes possibly but it is a naturally grown substance that has been widely used for centuries as medicine etc..

16. Lady_E profile image61
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I thought it was used as medicine.

How could that be a sin?

17. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I don't believe in the concept of sin anyway so my answer would be no!

18. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

God gave us this earth, and He put all the plants and animals on it for us, and He gave us dominion over these plants and animals, so why would it be a sin to use something that He gave us to begin with.  I dont believe that using herion is a sin, so the little dainty plant of many uses gets a green light here.
         When you hear things like pot heads are all going to hell. that would be some man judging others, which is not cool.  and also did you know that there is not one sin that is greater than another?  So telling a lie, stealing a candy, and murder are all the same in Gods eyes.

1. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everything that you have said. I will add though that If the head of the household were to sit around and get high every day instead of going to work and providing for his children this would not be appreciated by his family.

His mommy would not want to blame the young man for not performing his duties so she would blame the drug. She would call taking drugs a sin.
          In reality he could stay home from work eating cookies all day and this also would not be appreciated by his family.
          More people neglect their duties while taking drugs than they do eating cookies.
          However putting this young man in jail does not help him with his obligations either.

1. profile image0

I agree all things in moderation
        Just like alcohol

19. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

I've always wondered why the Govt focuses 60% of the DEA budget on Weed...
    I think I have the answer...
    One of my neighbors loves his beer(I like mine to)and came to my New Years party with a case,so cool...
    I broke out my bong and offered him a hit.
    He said
    "No thanks I Don't smoke weed".
    curious I asked him Why?...
    "It Makes Me Think To Much"...
    Know I understand why the Govt hates it so much...
    Most folks think weed makes you stupid...
    Stupid people who smoke remain stupid...
    Intelligent people who smoke remain intelligent...
    Don't fall fore the stereo type you see in movies...
                     ...feed your head...

Isn't that one of the reasons the former soviet union supposedly would pay people in vodka and gave vodka rations, because a drunk  is a placated citizenry.

I feel that was one of the main reasons LSD was outlawed in 1966, it was instrumental in people questioning the government and the war as well as civil rights issues.

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, The book "Storming heaven" gave a good history of the period and main players. A great read, lots of stuff from Timothy O'Leary and the way LSD was outlawed and why. smile

see Earnest, we can agree on some things
          He was Irish but his name was Leary not O'Leary smile

I have always found it intriguing that the substances that produce euphoria, opiates, cocaine, marijuana and the substances that can produce "spiritual" experiences, LSD, mushrooms, mescaline and marijuana, always seem to be the ones that are "demonized" the most by western culture. Funny considering that the last group I mentioned are relatively harmless physiologically.
          You will say it is because of the Judeao/Christian heritage of the Western culture and I would tend to agree with that.
          So I guess we agree on a few things, oh and you'll notice I now have a hub published and am working on the others in a series. smile

Leary it is! Sorry, twenty years since I read it and have not thought of Leary much since I started looking at Alexander Shulgin and his wife Anne who develop drugs that are a lot more interesting than LSD. smile
            I have a keen interest in science, psychology and brain chemistry... an informative trinity! smile

20. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Although I do not smoke it, but smoking it is not a sin but growing it for profit is a sin.

1. profile image0

Yeah right..
      Can you give some type of proof of this?

21. Sue Adams profile image95
    Sue Adamsposted 14 years ago

no it's not a sin, it's a virtue because, unlike alcohol, which causes the greatest sins on earth to be committed like domestic violence, dope makes you calm and tolerant and loving and caring and happy and it doesn't bother anyone.

Exactly! The movie  "reefer madness" reminds me of the religious beliefs expressed on these forums. smile
      Full of lies and thinly disguised fear of the unknown. smile

22. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

The real question is :: why would God make something that makes food taste so damn good?  if he didn't want us to use it!

23. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I'm going out for pizza, can I bring anybody anything?

24. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 14 years ago

Why is it so smokey in here?

Gee you are on the ball, I have only had 3 joints this morning too! lol

25. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

no.

every herb of the field is yours for food...

i do think the process of burning it aka smoking it is wrong,
    for it defiles its natural process/purpose.

26. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Yes it is! So send all your pot to me for safe keeping.big_smile

27. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

If we were not meant to smoke dope, why have fire? smile

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know , is this a trick question? OH Hell! I just spilt the bong and I haven't changed the water in atleast a month! I guess we'll have to smoke the rug!big_smile

2. profile image0
      mtsi1098posted 14 years agoin reply to this

this gives a whole new meaning to second hand smoke...

Yep! Just as well broadband only sends bits. If it sent smoke you would all be stoned by now! lol

28. Niteriter profile image60
    Niteriterposted 14 years ago

Is there a way you could send me a bit of your reefer, earnest?

29. profile image52
    David Trawickposted 8 years ago

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
    I Corinthians 6:9-12 NKJV

Don't let it consume you. It has healing, therapeutic properties. But I should never cause a brother to stumble and if your conscience convicts you God us greater. Repeated in Ch. 10.
    All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being. Eat whatever is sold in the meat market, asking no questions for conscience’ sake; for “the earth is the Lord ’s, and all its fullness.” If any of those who do not believe invites you to  dinner, and you desire to go, eat whatever is set before you, asking no question for conscience’ sake. But if anyone says to you, “This was offered to idols,” do not eat it for the sake of the one who told you, and for conscience’ sake; for “the earth is the Lord ’s, and all its fullness.” “Conscience,” I say, not your own, but that of the other. For why is my liberty judged by another man’s conscience? But if I partake with thanks, why am I evil spoken of for the  food  over which I give thanks? Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
    I Corinthians 10:23-33 NKJV

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)