If there is a God, why would he care for christians alone?

Jump to Last Post 1-41 of 41 discussions (393 posts)
  1. mischeviousme profile image61
    mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

Would a loving parent not accept all of his/her/it's children?

1. feenix profile image57
      feenixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

First, where does it say that God only cares for Christians?

Second, it is common knowledge that Jews, Christians and Muslims all believe in God, or what many would describe as "the same god."

Thus, it cannot be said that God only cares for Christians.

mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I keep hearing that none other come before the father, except for through the son. Why is that so important to believe?

That is the word of a particular religious sect -- not The Word of God.

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

So wrong
            In the OT we have strong indications that God cared for his people whom he brought out of egypt and then into the promised land. In the NT we see that Jesus says:
              John 10:1   Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
              John 10:16   And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. (the other fold are the gentiles)

God has always had ONE way, whether it be sacrifice of animals and special festival days and holy days, sabbath or whether it be the death of his body, jesus, God has always said "to those who do MY will i will love and bless them and to the ungodly i will burn them like chaff".

If there is no set path then all Gods work throughout time in futile.

2. Dave Mathews profile image61
          Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is said that any lawyer who defends himself, has a fool for a client. One wants to have the very best defence in court, be it on earth or in Heaven.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
            pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@dave then jesus would be last person to hire....he could not defend himself and needed father to rise him again....he is only weak link in all god/god man/messiahs/peigambar...only one who needed support to bail himself out.....guess muhammad was better off...

1. vector7 profile image61
              vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus Christ is LORD.

That is LORD of all.

I have a commandment to tell all He will be returning soon.

His mercy and grace is for those who accept His authority, love, and gift of freedom from sin.

As Christ Jesus is mocked by you, so shall His servant even I, v7..

The servant is not above His Lord.

The time is at hand pisean, repent and believe the Gospel for your own sake.

Jesus Christ lives, and He loves you and is holding out a helping hand. Don't reject Him and come to regret your choice when the King of kings appears in the sky.

God bless you pisean. God loves you.

1. drewsavage profile image61
                drewsavageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I feel that returning ship came and left long ago.

3. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because jesus represents kundalini energy.your spine is the narrow gate.

2. profile image52
        Robertr04posted 12 years agoin reply to this

feenix,do you believe that christians, jews, muslims, and hebrews all have the same Heavenly Father?

3. A Thousand Words profile image68
        A Thousand Wordsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They all believe the other to be confused and actually worshipping a false idea of that same God, to different degrees. You're logic, while sound, brought you to a very faulty conclusion, due to a faulty premise, though. Christianity does not claim that God only loves Christians. This can simply be implied. But they believe He loves all, based on what they define love to be. Personally I had a taste of that love, and I don't consider it real, but that's another story.

Nice... +1

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God only loves the Christians: that's just something that some people are taught to believe.

1. profile image0

True he loves all but that doesn't mean he won't eliminate those who ignore him or follow ungodly ways.
        The way that God loves is that he gave his only son that WHOsoever should believe in Him (not some other him) would have eternal life. His love will enable him to forgive but his love must also keep him true to himself. If there is no purpose to living a clean life unto God then what is the point of it all? God himself has deceived us throughout all of time.
        A parent who loves must also discipline. A judge must put people in jail.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
          A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

In reality, parents don't discipline their children by discarding them or eliminating them or sending them to die or acting like judges who put them in jails. Of course, if that's the lessons Christians learn on how to treat their children, then that would make them pretty lousy, selfish and unloving parents.

1. hookedhuntress profile image60
            hookedhuntressposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What if the child discards or  eliminates the parent .. choosing it's own path that essentially  leads to judgement,death or jail?

1. Jerami profile image58
              Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

that would be hell,  ...   wouldn't it?

2. profile image0
            Sooner28posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or burning them for an indefinite period of time tongue.

2. profile image52

brother john, do you honestly believe our Father has deceived us inany way?

2. freemarketingnow profile image58
        freemarketingnowposted 12 years agoin reply to this

John 3:16 - For God so loved the WORLD...He gives common grace to all - life, rain, food, etc.

1. Precious Pearl profile image76
          Precious Pearlposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen! ...  God loves everyone but not everyone chooses to love God!  And that is the real issue.

3. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God loves everyone.  How can anyone question that fact since He sent Jesus to die for us all?
      I think you're trying to replace "loves" with "accepts".  They aren't the same thing in this instance.
      And all people aren't God's children.  Only those who receive Jesus Christ as their Savior are.  But anyone can have that; it's their choice.

There it is again... Only those who accept Jesus as their savior. I can't see that as being true... If I ever accept anyone as my savior, it'll be the person that actually saves my life and not in the proverbial sense.

1. profile image0

As Paul said, I perceive you're altogether too superstitious!
          And surely you're seeing the glass half empty instead of half full.
          Meaning you're thinking so negatively!  Why not focus on the good news instead of the bad rumors?  Who is it but Satan who would try to distract people from the truth?!  That's why he does try to get people to focus on the bad stuff.  He did it in the Garden and he tried it with Jesus in the wilderness and he tries still today.

Imaginary faries and demons are not responsible for the wills or wiles of man.

1. Chris Neal profile image80
              Chris Nealposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Any part of the world, not just America. Witch burnings, stonings and torture are still practiced in some countries, such as Africa and parts of south America. While they are isolated incidents, they still occur. Religious folks can definitely be dangerous, especially when in packs."

The first and most obvious draback to your response is the assumption that only religious people are dangerous, especially in packs. To say that nonreligious people aren't liable to the same problems is simply not true. If I'm wrong, then prove it.

Let's put it this way, look at any playground. The premise may religion, or sexual orientation, or skin color, or national origin, but I guarantee you that any given playground has a pack of kids who are being mean to somebody.

Now, that's not to say that nothing bad ever happens in the name of religion. Of course it does. And of course it has. I have studied a lot of this stuff and it makes me sad and angry. It shouldn't happen and if I could prevent it I would. But Jesus did not tell His followers to act like that. He certainly did not.

I didn't say non-religious folks weren't dangerous, they were never included in the thread.

The state of the world, is as it will be and almost always has been. The war for realistate will never be won and the end will always be right around the corner. There will always be a hero and we will always need saving.

Sorry. I guess the fact that religious folks tend to get singled out here meant that I wasn't paying proper attention. Sorry.

I will try to remember to be all inclusive in the future, tis I who should appologize...

2. profile image0
                Rad Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said again Chris, I think the diversity in North America and to some extent Europe keeps society in check. Look for example at Iran, a religious state that needs some diversity to separate the pack.

2. A Thousand Words profile image68

I find it funny that people are constantly referring to Jesus and his being "tempted" by Satan.

Why was Jesus "born of a virgin?" Because to have been fully of human blood would've made him unable to be a holy sacrifice, right?

Is one who is considered God able to sin?

If He is not, why does it matter if he is tempted? If the virgin birth was to keep him from having the sin nature, temptations would not cause him to sin, because he CANNOT sin...

Thusly, his "trials" in the wilderness are irrelevant...

1. wilmiers77 profile image61
              wilmiers77posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The experiences was very valid. One can not look at what is perceived as a characteristic of God only. Although, Jesus could not sin, but we all needed to witness such as being true. The lesson that we learn from Jesus being tempted validates God's Holy Spirit to us for our salvation.

1. A Thousand Words profile image68

"Although, Jesus could not sin, but we all needed to witness such as being true."

So, we need to know that it's possible for beings with a sin nature to be like a being without the sin nature? Does that make sense to you? I know it's often used across the board in Christian circles as why "God knows how we feel," and "If Jesus could do it, we can [because of the 'holy Spirit']," etc, etc, but there's a fundamental problem the logic behind this statement...

Jesus' ability to "resist" temptation had nothing to do with the "Holy Spirit," because even before his "baptism," again, if he was born of a virgin, then he was born without a sin nature. He was gonna come out on top at the end of the day... One cannot sin that is from the beginning unable to sin.

And this whole "perfection with the Holy Spirit" stuff causes a lot of people to be extremely arrogant and know-it-alls while believing themselves humble...

You are fallaciously denying the Savior part of Jesus. We repent and accept Jesus as the controller of our life; thereby, Jesus does it every time for each individual. God has ordained this to be.

Those who receive God's Holy Spirit does have a perfect message for all to hear. I agree that they should be humble as a servant of man, and not condescending to anyone.

Ok...? This conversation is going nowhere... Your grammar confuses me slightly, and you're being vague.

"You are fallaciously denying the Savior part of Jesus. We repent and accept Jesus as the controller of our life; thereby, Jesus does it every time for each individual."

Elaborate, please, without all of the jargon. Also, I deny all sides of Jesus, as I'm not a Christian.

2. profile image0

The virgin birth wasn't to keep Jesus from having a sin nature.  It was, actually the opposite-- to show his humanity, though not the humanity that comes from two biological parents;  AND to show His divinity.  Double purpose.

And that double purpose was to do two things---to show how much God Loves mankind, and to make them aware that they have something called choice where eternal Life is concerned.   A call to repentance for the sinful nature that they could never overcome without divine help.  That was Jesus's message---He called all men to repent.  And then proceeded to show them the Way to do so.

What Jesus was was a unique person.  Literally implanted into Mary's womb by the Holy Spirit (born of the Spirit) and literally physically born via childbirth (born of the water of the womb). 

The Bible tells us that in order to be born again, we must be born of water and Spirit, natural and spiritual.  Jesus was literally born like that, with attributes of both.  Us humans, having been born of the water of the womb, but not having been placed divinely into a mother's body, must be re-born if we are to see God's Kingdom. And the only way to do that is to receive the Divine One's (Jesus's) Spirit into our hearts/souls.

I surely believe Jesus could have sinned if He had so chosen to!  The Bible speaks to that fact also.  We may wonder about that fact, because, no, God cannot sin.  But indeed Jesus had a natural body.  Yet He had the power to call legions of angels to rescue Him from the Cross.  But He knew that if He did that, He would be cancelling out His very purpose for coming to earth---to go to that Cross and die for mankind's sins.   He, knowing the consequences of the decision, made the choice.   Just as all humans are called to make the choice, but we are blessed to have Him accessible to us.  Jesus's adherence to His purpose showed mankind that we can make the choice, we can strive for the mark of ultimate salvation with the help of God only.  Otherwise we are doomed.

1. profile image0

" God cannot sin " . Are we on the same planet. Let's assume for a second that god exists...  God can't say the lords name in vain, but he can let a child die of the most painful cancer. Sometimes people say the most stupid things.

To show His Divinity? Isn't divinity (particularly in Christianity)equal to being without sin? If God is without sin, and Jesus is both God and man, though he is "human," His God nature, unique only to him, would make it impossible for Him to sin. Imagine what more excuses Christians would make if they could even say "even Jesus fell short of the glory!!" That would probably be considered blasphemy, actually.

What scripture are you referring to where the Bible "speaks to the fact" that Jesus could've chosen to sin? And is that relevant if there even is one? The idea that any man, whether he has the "Holy Spirit" or not, can be completely without sin causes serious problems with arrogance in a person who even believes themselves to be seeking humility. No man can ever be completely without sin, it doesn't matter how long he "walks with God." But Jesus, according to you, was fully capable of not only making the decision NOT to sin, but being able to do so without failing. Impossible for a human according to the standards of your own scriptures.

I understand that there is a difference between a "sin lifestyle" and a "holy lifestyle" with the occasional slip up. But, I don't ever remember reading in the bible about Jesus sinning... ever. (Do I believe that, of course not) but, this is important, because it still speaks of the unattainable, that which only Christ could reach, that which made him solely possible of being a "sacrifice" for the human race.

1. profile image0

Sin is doing something that's opposed to the will of God.
                  In Matthew 26: 53, Jesus emphasizes that He could pray to the Father and be given legions of angels to rescue Him from the Roman soldiers who laid hold of Him.  In verse 54 He says that wouldn't fulfill the Scriptures.  He knew what the Father's plan was for Him.

I said Jesus was unique.
                  The subject of His ability to sin or His inability to sin is one that's been debated by many people, even some Christians.  I gave my belief on that.  Some others may give a different opinion.   There's much mystery surrounding the subject of Jesus.  No wonder; because if there weren't, then we'd be talking about just another human being.
                  Everything Jesus did was for an example for mankind.
                  The important thing is that He did NOT sin.  And He was, yes, the only Person who could've lived a sinless life.

What is impossible for a human is entirely possible with God.  That's why humans need God in order to be delivered from sin.

So, only a human can give people a fact by fact account of who exactly they are and what they've done, can and can't do, etc.? Is "mystery" part of what keeps it special? I always find that to be a tad suspicious.

He was an example for mankind, but He was indeed the only person who could've lived a sinless life? Ever heard of trying to attain the unattainable?

Though I do not believe in your God, it is not Him I am questioning, but man. Even if nothing is "impossible" with God, there are many things that ARE impossible with man, even with an "omnipotent" God. That's been true since the beginning of time (according to the Bible). Sure, a devoted man's life would look very different from a man who's living what a Christian would view as a sinful life, but it does not mean necessarily that he would never sin. Only that he would live his life in a holy manner, and not give in so easily to "sin." But he would not be "sinless." And again, any man who believes himself to have reached or be able to reach that point will be very arrogant indeed, though believing himself humble.

2. Chris Neal profile image80

Jesus doesn't save our lives in a proverbial sense, it's quite literal. God the Father is perfect, holy and Good. Being perfect, holy and Good He can't share Heaven with people who, by definition, aren't. But He created us so that we could be with Him in Heaven. So the only way for Him to forgive us and accept us into Heaven is for a sacrifice to take away our sins, for someone to take our sins on himself in order for them to be taken off of us. But the only being capable of accepting that level of sin, and being sinless enough to do it, would be God Himself. Therefor, Jesus, God the Son, had to die on the cross so that we would be (literally) saved from spending eternity in Hell.
          But that also means we must accept that gift and follow Jesus. He said so Himself many times (read most of His parables.) Those who reject Him in this world will be rejected by Him in the next world.
          Man has will, and man can choose to accept or deny Jesus, or even the existence of God, if he chooses. But if you do, you need to make sure that you are really right, and not simply doing what you want to do. "God consciousness" is not the same as knowing God. And worshipping the god you create for yourself (I think I'm quoting you from another forum) is not the same as worshipping the true God.

To answer your question more directly, yes, a loving parent does accept all His children, but if the children say they don't need that parent, then the parent is not obligated to reward those who hate Him.

Yes, but reality doesn't work like Jesus, where a real parent loves their children unconditionally rather than under obligation. And, it would be a very sad state of affairs if you treated your children the way Jesus treats you.

2. Bonitaanna profile image61
            Bonitaannaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Chris go to "Is There really Life After Death! My Experience With the AfterLife.  Just like my girlfriend who also sat outside the heavenly door. This lady experienced being on the otherside like my girlfriend and Jesus was there to go back it was not her time also. Believing is hard but experiencing makes everyone a believer!!!!

That's very true!

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You have so much to learn about God and scripture.

You're very arrogant.

Accepting Yahshua, means being like him. Not just saying he exist(s)(ed)

It's time you grew in God

1. profile image0

if only we were as perfect as you female rabbi of some mystic belief. Maybe you have some God powered amulet to help her? Are your clothes all of one fabric? Do you not pull your dog out of the river on a sunday? Would you tell jesus not to heal on the sabbath?

Its time you grew in Jesus. Jesus knew that people who live without God are not going to be able to unprogram a life time of ungodly living over night, so, for them and even some jews too, there is going to be a time of hypocrisy, but under the law there is no forgiveness for that is there? The law says thus and thus and then once breached what method does one use for forgiveness? Do we go to the temple and take our animal? When the law is breached once, it is breached for all of the law. Do we plead the blood of jesus to forgive our sins? Then your trangressions are no different than ours and you require the same grace that we do. So if we on our way to "being like him", stumble occasionally do you use the law to condemn us? or the blood of Jesus to atone for us.

Its time you grew in Jesus

3. profile image0

Loves you but doesn't except you? I love you but if you don't worship my son I will cause great pain in you for eternity. THAT does not sound like love to me.

Tell me, if your son did everything in his power to let you know that he hates you and doesn't want anything to do with you and doesn't even want to acknowledge your existence, are you really obligated to give him literally anything he wants? Anything and everything?

Once again, you make the fatal error in asserting a parent's love for their children has anything to do with obligation.

I would feel pity and would have nothing to do with any parent who raised their kids with that in mind. Extremely selfish behavior.

Is that what Jesus taught you?

If I make that error it is only because that seems to be the basis of so many people's rejection of Jesus (though probably not yours.) They seem to be saying "If God really loved me then He would accept me into Heaven no matter what I do." The answer to that is that He does, but He wants certain thing in return.

I absolutely agree with your second point and it was pretty much what I was saying.

If I really believed that you were interested in what Jesus has taught me, then I would not hesitate to tell you. We've been at this a long time.

Yes, he wants certain things in return, which is not what parents want because they love their children unconditionally, and that is why those doctrines of Christianity fail to teach anyone morality and love, but instead teach petty selfishness.

You have been telling us what Jesus has taught you, that is why we are arguing about it and why your entire concept of it is flawed.

You can't have it both ways. Either true parents love their kids unconditionally and therefor will give them whatever they want no matter what they do, or those parents are to be pitied and are not real parents. It can't be both.

OR, you just like finding ways to "prove me wrong," no matter how much you have to stretch it (gee, it's not like I haven't called you out on that one more than once, is it?)

OR, God does love all His children (ALL His children!) unconditionally, but since you can't or won't accept that there even might be a supernatural world, then you just like to yell!

lol

It is the former, obviously, and is well known for the vast majority who actually are parents.

Gods don't love unconditionally and anyone would lying to say so.

Your fantasies about supernatural worlds are only accepted by the deluded or insane.

2. profile image52

troubled man, you mean to say that if your children disobey you, you would reward them? Our world is in bad shape. I wonder if it has something to do with parents rewarding bad behavior. If we should believe that bad actions be forgiven without repentance, remorse etc. then why do the right thing?

2. profile image0

Interesting comment Chris. You've changed the subject but I'll tackle it anyway. Using your analogy the father have never showed himself. There is no proof of his existence. Do you expect the son to worship his absent father? Does the absent father expect worship?

Ah, but the Father is not absent.

I didn't mean to change the subject, I was trying to answer the basic question (sort of.)

God is here, and some of us have heard from Him more directly than others. I have felt His presence, I have seen Him work in my life through answered prayers and through other methods. Obviously you don't agree, and I don't blame you. I used to be a nihilist, certainly not anything close to a Christian. God reached out to me, not the other way around. So when I say, "No the son is not expected to worship the absent father," it's because the father is not absent. And He does expect worship, but again, He's not absent. And once you understand that He's not an absentee landlord, worship becomes a much less contentious issue.

1. profile image0

I know you mean well, however become concerned when one says they talk directly with God.

But once again I'll let you change the subject yet again. Are you saying he only makes himself available to some? I've prayed. Never heard anything back. Does he only speak to christians? I was once a Christian, never heard from him. Why would he talk to some and not to others? Doesn't that seem odd to you? I'll take your word that you think he talks directly to you, I don't think you would say such things just to manipulate, but you may want to look for help if you are hearing voices in your head.

Yes the Father you speak is absent. Can't see him or hear him or prove his existence.

Good Luck

Ah yes. If I were "smart" I would probably know better than to tell people I've heard from God or seen His working in my life. At that point 90% of the people I "talk" to treat me as a) insane or b) stupid or (usually) c) both. No, I'm not insane and no, I'm not stupid.

I used to have ready, glib answers as to why some people "hear" from God and others don't. But the fact is, I don't know. I wasn't always a Christian, and before I became one (at the age of 22) I didn't believe ANY of the stuff in the Bible or that preachers talked about. But I thought of myself as "open-minded" and a woman I knew challenged me to prove it, so I attended church with her. And there God reached out to me. I've tried since then (long story which I will probably never explain) to stop being a Christian once, but I could never forget the experience. It just wouldn't let me go, And I was so not the kind of person who had "experiences."

Am I saying He only makes Himself available to some? NO! He makes Himself available to all, although when you're not a Christian you don't always see it. If you don't believe the Bible is His word, then you don't think of it as a way that He is available. And if you think Christians are, I don't know, misguided/bigoted/mislead/simple/anachronistic/pick one or substitute your own, then you don't think of them as a way He makes Himself available to you. I certainly didn't. And many of us behave in ways that shut other people off, that's true.

My brother, when he was 11, "walked the aisle" to accept Jesus. He's not like that now. I thought he was nuts. Now I'm a Christian. I don't have an answer for that. I don't know if you wanted some kind of mystical experience akin to the burning bush or not. God works in mysterious ways and His ways are not ours. I just know that I've seen prayers answered (and no, not for money. He hasn't answered those, or I should say He has but His answer was "no.") Some of those stories would be very interesting to relate. No, I don't hear voices in my head, in fact I've never "heard a voice." But I've felt His presence just the same. I've only been "filled with the Holy Spirit" a couple of times, but it's like nothing else. And even other Christians, believers who regularly attend church and can quote Scripture backwards and forwards, look at you funny when they haven't experienced it themselves.

He isn't absent. I hope and pray that you do see Him. I can think of nothing better for anyone.

1. profile image0

I am glad that you found something that hopefully makes you a better person. I didn't work that way for me. I was raised as a christian and in my teenage years I started thinking critically. What makes sense was the order of the day. When I found the answer I wasn't happy. When you're raised with the idea of heaven and it gets taken away your not happy. But the apple that Adam ate was knowledge. No more bliss for him, as he understands the nature of the world. He sees the cruelty. But I'm happier this way. I'm not living a lie. Praying to a God that doesn't exist.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Sorry, but there are very few other alternatives than that.

That's not being open minded, that's pure gullibility. You failed the challenge from the get go.

Ah, here we go again, and it is me who is criticized by others when I say Christians should "believe the Bible is His word" when they don't want to and when it suits their purposes.

lol

No, you haven't. You've merely wished for things to happen, some do and some don't. It's called reality.

Really? And, you compare "His presence and filled with the Holy Spirit" to what? How did you know for a fact that is what you experienced? What comparisons to reality did you make to know that? Or, is it just something you really, really, really wanted to believe?

3. Bonitaanna profile image61

Chris, I just want to say something. Many people have the priviledge to speak to and with the Holy Spirit!  I do constantly.  He is the comforter whom Jesus sent to us when he left earth to be with his Father. Believe me HE is real!  Others may not believe it can be, but it is because they don't believe like a child. That is what it takes. My girlfriend was in a coma for 5 months and she sat on a rock in the middle of a river in  heaven with Jesus coaxing her back in her body all that time because he told her it was not her time.  Finally he forced her back in her body and she woke up with water on her legs from the knees down!!! The nurses and doctors all wondered where the water came from. She is on my face book account, she only weighed 54 pounds.  They never thought she would come out of the coma.

2. profile image52

Rad Man, The Father can read your heart. In other words, you can lie to me or even yourself, but you can't lie to him. Maybe you were'nt being honest when you petitioned him for whatever it was. Also He may not come you want him, but He is ALWAYS on time!!!

Of course, we don't believe you, it's pure baloney. You've simply taken the "work in my life and through other methods" scenarios and have combined them with your irrational beliefs about Jesus.

You could have just as easily said Allah or the Tooth Fairy and it would still be equally invalid.

And you could just as easily confess that you simply like to argue.

But you won't, will you?
                  lol

Yes, I understand that's exactly what you'd like anyone to say when they point out your ridiculous beliefs and false assertions.

Just like you could easily confess that you simply like to bleat ridiculous beliefs and false assertions.

2. hookedhuntress profile image60

Would any proof of God's existence be adequate?Non-believers always demand more.

What evidence do you or anyone else have that God does not exist?

There are many complex systems that require multiple parts working in harmony to accomplish a goal. For example, there are numerous chemical reactions required to cause blood to clot. Missing any step would mean that a creature would bleed to death from a wound. So how could these multiple step systems gradually evolve?

We would not have evolved we would have become extinct.We would have died out before this process of evolving perfected itself. 

Evolutionists have lied.Google the Piltdown hoax or Ernst Haeckel’s Embryos,Heidelberg man, Nebraska man.

Google Richard Dawkins,he has faced charges of engaging in pseudoscience and also has faced charges of committing elementary errors.

Evolution IS a religion, because it lacks scientific evidence, thus requiring it's adherents to follow Darwin's theory by FAITH. Evolution is a RELIGIOUS CREED based upon blind faith.

L. Harrison Matthews. In his forward to Darwin's 1971 edition of "Origin of the Species", Matthews says, "". . .Belief in the theory of evolution is thus exactly parallel to belief in special creation--both are concepts which believers know to be true but neither, up to the present, has been capable of proof."
              In other words, the theory of evolution is a theory based on FAITH, rather than scientific fact.

How did dinosaur scales or skin evolve into bird's feathers?

Google,Archaeoraptor,a forged fossil originally reported to have been the missing link between dinosaurs and birds.

How did the giraffe evolve? It's neck is so long and heart so big that it's head should explode when it raises it back up from getting a drink of water,but it has a system in place to keep that from happening.
              It would have died out, again this process of evolving would have made them extinct before it became the creature that it is.The answer is that it was created that way.

Google the Bombardier beetle,It defends itself by mixing chemicals that explode; firing through twin tail tubes that can swivel like gun turrets. The bubbling liquid that shoots out at 212 degrees Fahrenheit is enough to deter most predators.
              Bombardier Beetle could not have evolved its sophisticated defense system over time, adding swiveling gun barrels or its repeater firing mechanism at different stages. It needed them all in one package, at the same time. A beetle that blew itself up would not be around to develop a more refined firing system. A beetle that could not keep the enemy in firing range would not survive to work on more maneuverable firepower.

How much proof do you need that there is a Creator.There is proof to be seen but not if you are blind.

1. profile image0

I'm a little short on time right now so I'll get back to this later, but the laryngeal nerve of the giraffe is proof of natural selection. The laryngeal nerve branches off the Vagus nerve at the base of the brain, travels down the neck, around the arteries of the heart and travels back up the neck to ennervate the larynx, or voice box, thereby providing motor function. No intelligent designer would have a nerve travel all the way down the neck of a giraffe and back up. But that how an animal of this nature would evolve. The nerve would simple get longer. It wouldn't make a new path.
                Just because you don't understand natural selection or evolution or it conflicts with a 2000 year old book doesn't mean it's not real.
                Your education system has done you a disservice.

Why would no intelligent designer have created the laryngeal nerve that way? Why is it almost always assumed that God is neither an artist nor possessed of a sense of humor? And why, because humans seem incapable of imagining the laryngeal nerve, do we assume that God therefor could not either?

It's not an automatic given that any animal would evolve the way it has. Evolution is a scientific theory, not a scientific law. Just because a majority of scientists feel there's enough evidence that whatever is missing will show up eventually is not the same as saying we have absolute proof. But the education system (I'm a product of public education, I have never attended a religious school) treats it as a done deal and there are not other possible explanations. And in that way, it is our education system that has done the disservice.

Think about this, when challenged about the validity of evolution, what is the first reaction of evolutionists? Is it cerebral, or is it visceral? And when challenged about the Bible, what is the first reaction of most Christians? Cerebral, or visceral?
                  If your answer to the first question is "cerebral" ("No, no, here's why I believe what I believe, let me show you...") then you are either lying or you know that rarefied five percent of the population who don't react with their guts.

1. profile image0

The difference between the giraffe and other mammals is the length of the neck. When the neck lengthened over much time the nerves couldn't detach themselves to take a much shorter route. It had to adapt. It doesn't make sense for the nerve to travel back down the neck and back up again. It's just one of many things that the rest of the world (even the Pope) excepts. The only reason you are having a hard time with it is because it conflicts with the bible.
                    Humans adapt/evolve to there environment constantly. Those living away from the equator have lighter skin. Those in the far north have shorter limbs and have other adaptions that help them from getting frost bitten.
                    Science is not trying to disprove ID. It's trying to disprove evolution, but has not been able to yet. It doesn't care about ID.
                    But perhaps your 2000 year old book knows more about science.

4. Deborah Brooks profile image60
      Deborah Brooksposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God loves us all. He gave us free will.so we can choose to love Him or not.. so its our choice to love HIM. HE really does love you..

The only thing in life that I am certain of, is that I know nothing. I don't know if there is a God and I'm fairly certain, that the God that I do know, is the God of my making.

1. lorlie6 profile image73
          lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

All I can say is that MY God would care for every single one on the planet; and those on other planets, if indeed they do exist. Christians/Muslims/Atheists-or others.  And as TH mentioned, the concept of a God comes in all cultures and languages.  So NO (!!!), my God would not discriminate.
          It's the human law, as well, you know!  wink

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree

5. Dale Hyde profile image79
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice topic! Consider what I follow...many Gods and Goddesses that care for all. smile 

The term "God"...is that like just the Christian God? 

Do you realize that there are thousands of Gods and Goddesses that do care about ALL?

I would think so, given that a creator loves the creation. No matter how crappy my artwork can be, I always keep it. But I don't necessarily believe in a God/god or Goddess/goddess, to me it's just not that important. If I did believe in such things, they'd always take a back seat to living and loving.

6. profile image51
      passingthewordposted 12 years agoin reply to this

John 8:44
      You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
      But
      John 3:16
      "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

So everyone has the opportunity to be God's child. "FREE WILL"
      No one is forced to do anything. You can do what you want.

1. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am immune to the evangelism.   How about you MSM?  There does not seem to be much useful discussion here, so I will see you in another hub maybe.

What would you call "useful discussion?" It's a serious question, because in another forum I thought you and I were having some decent conversation then you called me arrogant, then you announced that the forum was silly and you left. So does anybody who actually believes in Christ automatically not rate as "useful?" No matter what they believe and why?

7. phillippeengel profile image81
      phillippeengelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

''God'' can be applied to all religions in the world, and not only Christianity.

Say that to a stiff fundamentalist. They see it as being blasphemy and would not hesitate to label you a heathen. "Save the Godless heathen". Is that not the credo?

8. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Christ accepts everyone who turns to him. Why do you think he is not accepting of everyone? There are many passages that talk about him loving his people. There are also laws that God has written that we are supposed to abide by. But God is love so he doesn't just care for Christians alone he cares for all of us. We are all made in his image.

9. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Because they are the most psychotic and their god himself being a psychotic can easily identify with them

10. tom hellert profile image59
      tom hellertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He does not just care ONLY for Christians. I believe that there is only 1 GOD..
      just that he has many names by many cultures. For instance-a pen in enlish is pen in spanish- la pluma in french stylo in italian penna. all of these words are for a prn... God is the same thing- every culture has a supreme being- aka GOD- why can't he have many names Allah God Jehovah Brahma Jade Emperor in Taoism Quetzalcoatl- mayans. So I say God being all powerful... can appear however he wants to whoeverand he kows if he is appearing to Muslims he will look muslim- chinesse he will e chinesse. thou shalt have no other God before me- and the funny part is we dont unlrss you wordhip satan...
      TH

11. lorlie6 profile image73
      lorlie6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amazing that 'this guy/gal' (you?) would think such a thing, mischeviousme.  Of course He would.  Tell me that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit isn't an equal opportunity Carer/Saviour!!  smile

12. drewsavage profile image61

Perhaps whoever the people on this thread are referring to as god, would be a bit more responsive in prayer if his/her believers, prayed to him or her by his or her name during prayer... Perhaps the deity of one person is not the deity of another person... Much like the fact that not everyone shares the biological father and mother.
      Perhaps the word "god" does not mean anything to one person, whilst the word "god" may be the name of the deity someone else has decided to worship.

Perhaps, but perhaps  there is only one God, and no matter what name we chose to call Him, what He reveals about Himself is also extremely important!

He loves you!

1. drewsavage profile image61

Himself? Did "he" reveal "himself" as important, or did someone else?

Does there have to be only one deity, and if so, why?

In the book of Genesis who are the others whom the creator refers to when he looks down at Eden and says, "Let us make them in our image"?

Yes, Himself.
            He revealed Himself as important.
            Whether or not there "has" to be only one, there is only one God. There are no other "gods."
            The Son and the Holy Spirit, of course! Did you really not see that one coming?
            But seriously, The Son and The Holy Spirit are fully God and have been from eternity. So yes, when God said, "Let us make them in our image," that's what He meant.

When you were having these conversations with God and what not, did he give you any tangible proof as to his existence? If he did, can you still commit strangers?

I never had (and never claimed to have) "conversations with God" in any manner similar to what you and I have. I've never "heard a voice." I have felt His presence, felt Him telling me things (like sometimes when I would get too carried away in conversations on these forums, He would tell me to cool it because it became all about me and not about Him.)

I have felt the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. I don't know how to really describe it. I've never taken drugs or been a heavy drinker, so I don't know of anthing to really compare it to. But it's definitely a unique experience, and one that I've never forgotten!

There have been prayers answered in both big and small ways, and often odd ways, that were just too numerous and too timely. I didn't used to dismiss serendipities, but after a while you have to be pretty determined to not see it in order to not see it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "commit strangers" and don't want to hazard a guess.

Over on the "Do You Believe In Hell?" forum I actually wrote a longer post that answers your question because I had been asked largely the same thing by Emile R and A Thousand Words.

2. profile image0

How can you wrap your head around there being only one God, but calling them The Father, Son and Holy Spirit? How can each have it's own purpose, but be one. Seems to me that Catholics prey to angels and Saints as well. Each Saint, they believe, has special powers. You may not believe as the Catholics do, but dividing God up into three and then saying he is only one seems odd to me. Seems like polytheism to me.

"How can you wrap your head around there being only one God, but calling them The Father, Sun and Holy Spirit? How can each have it's own purpose, but be one. Seems to me that Catholics prey to angels and Saints as well. Each Saint, they believe, has special powers. You may not believe as the Catholics do, but dividing God up into three and then saying he is only one seems odd to me. Seems like polytheism to me."

Well, you're certainly not alone. Atheists, Muslims and Jehovah's Witnesses all agree that it sounds like polytheism.

Actually, it just proves my point. God is too big, too different, too hard to understand. It is stated in the OT that "the Lord our God, the Lord is one!" The definitive expression of monotheism in a culture surrounded by pagan polytheism. The New Testament affirms that there is only one God, but Jesus claimed for Himself duties (such as the forgiveness of sin) that God and only God can claim. This was not lost on the Pharisees. So if Jesus claimed He could do things only God could do, but at the same time claimed that he was the Son (even calling God His "father,") then the only explanation is that they must both be God, but one God in more than one person. Pretty much similar for the Spirit.

The Catholics do pray to saints, and although they claim that the saints are simply intermediaries, and have no power to answer prayers in themselves, it still is not Biblical. That, to me, does seem to flirt with polytheism.

It is odd. It's odd to me. But either you take God as He is (to the best of your ability, and it's not always easy,) or you insist that God must conform to human standards, whether ethical or physical. As C.S. Lewis posited in "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe," (using Aslan as the symbol) God is wild and untamed, not someone you can ever feel entirely safe with.

And I don't.

1. profile image0

Chris wrote (So if Jesus claimed He could do things only God could do, but at the same time claimed that he was the Son (even calling God His "father,") then the only explanation is that they must both be God, but one God in more than one person.)
                  Perhaps the only explanation that works for you is the one you conclude is the only explanation. Another explanation is that there are three gods. The Son can't be the father. But this explanation will not fit with your interpretation of the bible so you dismiss it. Perhaps the writers of the bible weren't hoping for critical thinking or weren't directing there writing towards critical thinkers. Just as tele-vangulists direct there manipulation towards the easy victims. You don't need to take advantage of an entire population to be successful, just the ones that are easy marks.
                  I have to comment you Chris for not just looking for easy marks here in these forums.

"Chris wrote (So if Jesus claimed He could do things only God could do, but at the same time claimed that he was the Son (even calling God His "father,") then the only explanation is that they must both be God, but one God in more than one person.)
                    Perhaps the only explanation that works for you is the one you conclude is the only explanation."
                    My experience is that when you accuse someone of simply looking for the easy explanation, deciding that the thing they think works only works for them because they want it to, then you need to watch out. The finger you point at someone else has three brothers pointing back at you. Because it's just as easy for me to say something like, "Your inability to understand that God is not like human beings leads you to keep finding human explanations. Perhaps the only explanation that works for you is the one you conclude is the only explanation."

"Another explanation is that there are three gods."
                    Yeeessss, but you have to be willing to explore all the ramifications not only of getting there but what the conclusion actually means. If you're saying, "All the writers of the Bible were liars and knew it but just tried to blow smoke with this 'one god' thing to gull the swells," then yeah, a surface reading of the Bible and a conclusion that there must be three gods would be not just logical but inescapable. If you read the whole thing, you need to try to figure out why the whole Bible claimes there is only one God but Jesus claimed equality with Him.

"The Son can't be the father. But this explanation will not fit with your interpretation of the bible so you dismiss it."
                    On the contrary, it's exactly what I keep saying!

"Perhaps the writers of the bible weren't hoping for critical thinking or weren't directing there writing towards critical thinkers."
                    Perhaps. Or perhaps the phrases "critical thinking" and "being critical of the Bible" aren't necessarily synonymous. Perhaps, like a scientist who sees a conclusion reached that they don't understand but instead of rejecting what they don't understand study the data until they do understand it, perhaps critical thinking means trying to figure out what you don't understand.

"Just as tele-vangulists direct there manipulation towards the easy victims. You don't need to take advantage of an entire population to be successful, just the ones that are easy marks."
                    I think I see where you're going with this one. Let's see...

"I have to comment (sic) you Chris for not just looking for easy marks here in these forums."
                    Ah, the cynicism. Do you really think I'm looking for "marks"? What, you think that I can flatter people like you into giving me your money? Wow. I wish anybody else had that kind of confidence in me. The fact is that I usually enjoy talking to people who disagree with me more than people who agree with me because they force me to examine what I believe and why. Of course, it helps if they know what they believe and why. People who enjoy shouting matches can get the blood pumping but it's all empty calories. And yeah, I'd love to convince someone of  the truth of the Bible, but I'm not so arrogant to think that my arguments are in any way overwhelming.

I'm after truth.

2. Paul Wingert profile image59
    Paul Wingertposted 12 years ago

God cares for whoever you want him to care for. Since god is man made, we can pick and choose who's the applein his eye.

1. profile image0

cool

+1

There's an old saying, "God made man in his image and man has been trying to return the favor ever since!"

3. Druid Dude profile image60
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

The word christian doesn't appear in the bible.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61

Oops DD

Acts 11:26
      and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
      Acts 26:28
      Then Agrippa said to Paul, Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?
      1 Peter 4:16
      However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

2. Druid Dude profile image60

My mistake. My bible only goes to the end of the four gospels. Figured if the Pope could remove books, so could I. I stand corrected.

1. Disappearinghead profile image61

lol

1. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thought you'd like that one. Editing is my DREAM!

Actually, God picks on those who need enlightenment the most. The Israelites are still number one on his hit list.

Fer shure.

2. mischeviousme profile image61

lol

3. Jerami profile image58

+ 1

If I accept the OT and I accept Jesus as the Messiah which it foretold, and I believe what is written in the four Gospels,  am I condemmed if I disregard all others?

Am I guilty of Blasphemy when I disregard those things suposedly written by/about  Paul?

Many Christians would say yes, and many more would say AMEN!

I say, ...   They really need to think some more about that.

3. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 12 years ago

At least you are single-minded, Brenda.  Tell me, are you open to new information, or are you totally content with what you have from your christianism?  Is your god so small that "he" can only entertain communication with christians?

It's a typical response of indoctrinated individuals, they've been told that the way is narrow and that thinking otherwise, is dangerous. They fear the conseqences handed them, so much so, that all they can do is think singlemindedly... It should be illegal, for if they can ban subliminal messages in movies, they can ban mind control and re-education in churches.

2. feenix profile image57

When it comes to my believing that Jesus Is Lord, I am as single-minded as the day is long. I am not open to any other avenue of thought.

1. profile image0

If that suits you, feenix, so be it, your choice.  But what a narrow, small-minded outlook on life.

Where does the person who believes in some other philosophy fit into your way of thinking?  Is that person seen as inferior in your eyes? 

If you would expect unconditional love for yourself from your Lord, are you not expected to offer unconditional love to the person who follows Islam, or Buddhism, of Hinduism?

I would see your god as far too small for me to contemplate giving my allegiance to.

1. profile image0

Where does it say in the bible that God has unconditional love?

He has great and immense love. He has love, so much love, that John 3:16 describes a love we cannot understand.

But all through the OT we see God has His preferred way that His people come to Him. In the NT we see that Jesus was sacrificed and shed blood for atonement of sin for all people and should not this paramount event be important? Can we just ignore what this Jesus said about one way and to God we must come through Jesus.

God has always had conditions - one of them is that we turn from sinful ways and live in obedience to Him.
            All through the bible God says, "If you will do this then i will do that".

The onus has always been on people meeting Gods requirements first.

The only way that unconditional love can be applied is through inference in that God wants all people to come to him as they are, and he will forgive them for whatever they have done. That's love.
            But the emphasis upon unconditional in that statement is: as there are no conditions to come to him - just do it... Later you will meet the conditions and love by which He will guide you.

But the truth often is narrow, just as your truth that we Christians are narrow and small minded is automatically limiting.

It's not God who's too small, it's most people's idea of Him (this goes both for Christians and non-Christians.)

Christians bring that upon themselves automatically when they claim they've felt the presence of God or other such childish claims.

3. profile image0

Eh, there's no "new" information.  And even if there was, it could never be greater than the fact that Christ died for mankind.  His sacrifice was done and was perfect and there's no topping that.  You want to call that a small thing?  Then that's your choice.  I don't understand it, but still it's your choice.

Was perfect but it didn't really change the world, it made it worse. It gave the greedy more power, to exploit the innocent minds of a frightened audience.

2. profile image0

Brenda, your small view of things is really only for your own small mind.  Such narrow-mindedness does the world no good.  The same narrow-mindedness serves all the fundamental, radical religious people of whatever persuasion.  It brings about discord,  ostracism against close friends and family members, domination and bigotry.  It leads to wars and selfishness.  Quite the opposite of what you say your "Saviour" preached.  You are steeped in the Bible. I bet you are under the spell of a pastor in your church; caught up in the accepted understandings which your peers around you, in the same church, preach and accept;  and you are afraid to question them for fear of being pushed out and ignored.
          Repeatedly I have said to you and others like you in these Hubs, that your personal faith and beliefs are your own, and I support you in that.  However, please open your eyes, ears, brain and heart.  There is LOTS more new stuff to contemplate and enjoy before you depart this world.  Don't drag others into your little hole of thinking.

1. profile image0

I had to laugh at one of your lines---you said you bet I'm under the spell of a pastor! LOL.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  Matter of fact, several pastors don't like my outspokenness when it comes to doctrinal issues or unBiblical interpretations that I've heard and seen from the pulpits or in congregation, and I've spoken out about those.   So...eh...it ain't just here in the "secular" world that I speak up.  Sometimes anyway.  When it really matters.

And at the same time I laughed, I also felt much sadness because a church shouldn't be controversial.  It's just really hard to find one that rightly divides the Word in all instances; and I know people are all fallible.
            I will follow God "blindly" as some people like to put it.  But I do not and will not follow any human being blindly.

1. profile image0

Ah, that's good to hear.  At least you will be following nothing blindly, so if you run into anything there is nothing to hurt you.

1. profile image0

Actually, if I run into something, I'll have to depend on Him to set me straight or pick me back up or defend me in some way.  That's one of His attributes----He is the one who can save us from falling.

Giving one's pains to God, could be construde as letting go of attachment. Though there are worldly attachments, such as title and identity, they are the hardest to be free of. We use titles and other language to define our identity, because that's who we think we are.

2. profile image0
              jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Correction. You will follow bible blindly and as it is a human compilation, you are following those humans who wrote it, by default.
              In effect you are following some humans who were born before you, and just lying when you say you will not follow any human. Oh! the bible is "god inspired"! If so there many so many contradictions and idiotism for an all powerful god, if it is just inspired, there are mistakes so can't know which is correct and which is wrong.
              Biggest hurdle, you know god only through bible and all "experiences" are 'confirmation bias'. So you are following humans, thinking its god!!

1. profile image0

You've been here for awhile, you know there are no contradictions in the bible, every contradiction has been refuted, debunked, put into proper context and eliminated under the heading "sloppy interpretation."

did you turn a blind eye?

So everyone that reads about darwinism is not following darwin but some author?

2. profile image0

Everything people believe ostracizes others. If one is to believe one thing and another doesn't they are on the outside of that belief.

Its not so much the belief that causes the harm but how it is presented.

If we write Jesus is the only way and you react poorly it is not our fault. If we grab you by the throat and yell, Jesus is the way!!!! then it is our fault that you feel "discord,  ostracism against close friends and family members, domination and bigotry.  It leads to wars and selfishness" - those things.
            but to merely say, Jesus is the way, is quite peaceful when you walk into a room and hear that incidentally, like this forum for example, is not our fault how you feel or what you think and neither have we pushed it upon you.
            so you are in a restaurant and some christians can be overheard talking among themselves that jesus is the way and you get up and yell "no he is not, how dare you say that, that produces ostracism and bigotry etc..

How dare you blame the christians in that scenario.

1. profile image0
              Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Or, you could have a scenario like Kurt Cameron using his bizarre belief structure to ostracize. If you openly state a view that implies an afterlife is exclusive to certain belief structures. And certain groups are outside of the graces of God; you are, by default, attempting to ostracize others.

I do agree though, that any who take the tripe the fundamentalists spread as fact, are deluding themselves into being insulted.

"And certain groups are outside of the graces of God; you are, by default, attempting to ostracize others."

One point I've tried to make repeatedly is that many of us who are conservative Christians didn't CHOOSE to be that way. I know I certainly didn't. I was an agnostic, actually I was quite the nihilist. I was, well, doing things that I certainly wouldn't do now. And I certainly felt judged by the rising Christian Right (I knew people who had buttons that read "The Moral Majority is NEITHER!" and thought that was great.)
                Then God reached out to me. That was certainly not in my plans. Now, I don't know if  you think of me as a fundie, I pretty much assume most people do even though I don't think of myself as one. But I can tell you that I've learned both from the inside and the outside that most groups judge somebody and they do it harshly. And most groups justify that harshness by citing the harshness they feel from the other group. It's human nature, I think. Whether you agree with someone or not is not the same thing as judging them harshly. I've known gay people, Pagans (self-professed) and atheists who were really nice people and I would count on in a minute if there was an emergency. Ditto the same for some conservative Christians. And I've known Christians who were abrasive, judgemental and bigoted. Same for gay people, pagans and atheists. It's just waaaaayyyy too easy to say that someone who believes differently than you is rude/stupid/bigoted/all of above, even if there are examples of it you can see. But we're not all like that, just like every other group isn't "all like that."

1. profile image0

No. You are right. No two people are the same, so it is difficult to label.  But the statement is correct. If your belief system assumes that you are in a position to vocally proclaim that some people are outside of the graces of God you are actively choosing to ostracize others. It is your choice, unless it is your argument that God has a ring in your nose?

So you're saying that to disagree with someone IS to judge them harshly? And what is the definition of ostracism, here? If I engage with people who disagree with me, I am not ostracizing. If those same people refuse to have anything to do with me, then they ostracize me. That's not self-pity, that's going by my understanding of the word.
                    I do not "choose" to say who is outside of God's grace. In fact I have often written that I CANNOT make that choice, it is God's alone. I don't believe that anybody I have interacted with, you or anybody else, is outside of God's grace. If I did, I wouldn't be here right now (although I can think of some who probably wish I weren't!) In fact, at this point I'm not so much proselytizing as just trying to explain the actual thought process. But yes, although you certainly weren't being warm and fuzzy when you wrote it, in a way God does have a "ring through my nose." I have tried to stop being Christian. It's not exactly a life of ease and luxury (if you really understand what the Bible says. Never mind televangelists!) Nor has it ever won me friends. But when God is at work in your life, you can't ignore Him.

1. profile image0

well done.
                      it is a habit of people when they feel convicted that they quickly try to justify away the notion that they could be anything else but wrong and ignoring simple logic often and fair play turn the table and try to make the other party feel what they are feeling.
                      But facts are facts.
                      Although there is nobody outside of Gods Saving grace there are definitely those who are reaping little of the benefits of Gods general grace.
                      The ring through the nose is true. We can kick against the goads but God is ever faithful.

2. profile image0

I don't expect anyone to ignore anything they deem pertinent to their lives; but let's, at the least, agree to be realistic. Shall we?

The definition of the word ostracize is to exclude someone from a group. The fundamentalist mantra is ' if you don't agree with me, you don't get to go to heaven.' Therefore you have attempted to declare a 'truth' that some will be excluded from a group of people who expect to enjoy a.pleasant afterlife.

Now, please explain to me how that stand doesn't fit the definition of ostracizing others.

We aren't discussing you, particularly. So don't get overly personal. This is the known philosophy of conservatives and fundamentalists. Any who claim the Bible is 'the word of God' and claim women who have abortions are murderers, or homosexuality is wrong.....and myriad other actions deemed 'sins'; you are passing judgement. You are simply attempting to pass the buck and not take responsibility by saying 'God said'.

4. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 12 years ago

I just can not imagine that I am on top of the evolutionary ladder of the universe.

And all of them other planes of existence in that universe.

There has gotta be a place for me and you somewhere over there.

5. aka-dj profile image66
      aka-djposted 12 years ago

The answer to this question is nicely answered in  story of the prodigal son.

6. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years ago

lets rephrase the question....if Christians marketed their creation and version of god, definitely their version would care for them only?

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was not the question
        If you want to use that, start another thread.

@aka-dj ok...answer to that question....christian god would care only for christians....they would always have accept jesus and be saved concept....islam would always care about muslims...they would always have "there is no other god than allah and muhammad is his messenger" theme...in same way for jews jesus,muhammad would always be false messiah and jews would be chosen ones...why?....because the people who invented their version where humans and it is no surprise that their god is manifestation of their thinking pattern....

You miss the whole point.

Jesus does not limit His care to the Christians!

It says (He says) that He came to save the LOST. ALL those who are lost.
            Not just Jews, or Christians. He was here before there ever were any Christians.

The way to become a Christian is to believe in, and follow Jesus Christ, and His teachings.

@aka-dj and u miss the point...Muhammad too claimed that he came for entire humanity...point here is not jesus or muhammad...point is human psychology ....writers,marketers who promoted those ideology....

there are 400 religions which itself shows something...most religion barring ancient ones claims their path is only path , their super hero is only way, accept it and get something unseen ,unproven called afterlife which is eternal!!!!!!!!...point is not who super hero is....point is biggest super hero of them all and that is human brain which invented these super heros....in end it is humans....religion only confirms that...

I am not arguing FOR (my) religion!

I have said many times religion is man made!
                You just haven't seen it.

@aka-dj i know u r non religious person...

2. mischeviousme profile image61

What happens if I don't? Damnation? Hellfire? Is that how loving your God is? I think I'll have a God lite please?

@mis god needs to have fun...god existence is meaning less...to add meaning to its existence god created universe.....then earth , humans...now having humans in heaven can be boring...how much flattery one can consume...so create hell , create situations where humans fall into trap , then hold them to account and burn them in hell fire....god needs excitement too...

2. aka-dj profile image66

You can have (any) god you please.
                Have none, if you like.
                If there is a God, who will judge His creation, I hope you fare well.
                If not, who cares? No worries.

The answer is "no." The Christian God doesn't care only for Christians and Christians don't care only for Christians. But Christianity does make certain truth claims that many people don't care for and therefor they don't feel like God cares for them. And it's true that many Christians behave in an uncaring way. But not all. And not Jesus.

Then, by your own words that Jesus is NOT behaving in an uncaring way would only show that it is you who either don't understand His ways or you do understand His ways and that they are uncaring. Which is it?

Um, if I knew what you were talking about, I would probably at this point say (again!) that every time you act like a real human being it's just a set-up for your usual tirades.

But, as a favor to you, if you can clarify that question I'll answer it.

7. TaintedButterfly profile image59
      TaintedButterflyposted 12 years ago

i love this topic and i will say i grew up thinking "god" was the only source of man kind. i was taught to believe in him and that all other religions where wrong and evil. But now in my adult hood i have come to realize that my experiance with all of this slowly diminished simply because i saw how people really where out side of the church it made me sick to see someone scream praise god and amen and what not then the instint they stepped outside called there unemployed son a dead beat son of a B***h and you know what at that moment i did not want to be associated with and organized religeion. i no longer belive in what i was taught because of what i have seen and experianced and i dont regret my decision in doing so. i feel that christians are forced into the religeion by pressure to please others ,and yes im going to say this but i feel people do it so they are not talked about and arent the center of attention of the community!!! i have seen many people spend an obscene amount of money just to look "GOOD" in the church and to be praised by ministers for contribution to the church funds i dont hate god nor do i judge people who choose to believe i just choose to live my life with out "him" in it .

Not having grown up in the church, I always wonder about people. My wife did grow up in the church, so she's seen a lot of the stuff you talked about. But God is real! I know, I've heard Him and seen Him in my life. And no, I don't fit any of that. I've been guilty of falling down many times, but He is real and He definitely is at work!

1. TaintedButterfly profile image59
          TaintedButterflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i think we all we born to make our own choices and well i think people should not judge others for what they believe in or dont believe in i think people get a kick out of striking people down who dont believe and well the way i see it your no better for your actions towards some one ive seen some nasty things and it breaks my heart because i know if there was a god he would be dissapointed in what he was he was looking at i do think there is something out there i just dont know what but im sure it wouldnt want us to be actiong the way we are ive seen things too my daughter is sick and she is 4 months old still hospitalized and ive seen her go thru some nasty surgeries and what not and she pulls thru like nothing ever happend so is it god? something else? or nothing at all the point is we cant be sure whats out there we just have to choose what we think it could be smile

My wife is in Stage IV cancer and I don't know if she'll live to next week. Our faith in God grows stronger every day. He has made Himself known. I will pray for your daughter, though, because I do know it's tough. I pray everything turns out well.

1. Bonitaanna profile image61

If you wife is very sick like that there is a cure out there.  It is called intravenous vitamin C.  A heart seacialist wrote a book about it and it is called "Primal Panacea".  His name is Dr. Thomas E. Levy.He says  It can protect healthy cells while simultaneously and selecively causing rapid cell death in cancer cells. The Vit C drips saved many people now including a 4 yr. old girl of a bite by a Highland Moccasin venemous snake!!!!!  I have had them for other health problems and they work.

Thank you!

8. Java Programs profile image60
      Java Programsposted 12 years ago

God does exist .... he loves all .... Christians are few of his children whom he love .... he loves all and treats everyone equal ..... Whether we treat him equal or not .... we people have divided God in to religions ..... and everyone trying to make their religion superior ....

yes, i agree

9. SilentReed profile image81
      SilentReedposted 12 years ago

God does care. But some Christians have a chip on their shoulders. smile

yes, well-said.

10. ecoggins profile image91
      ecogginsposted 12 years ago

This morning I read a passage in the Book of Deuteronomy found in the Hebrew and Christian Bible. In the passage God declared that he is not only the God of the Hebrews and (Christians), but also the God of the alien. AEvans is right. God does not merely care for Christians alone, but everyone in the world. My daughter has a Bible in which she personally highlighted all the verses in the Bible that talk about how much God loves the peoples of all nations. She found such references throughout the Hebrew and Christian Scriptures. God joyfully invites all peoples to come to him through the work of his Son Jesus on the cross.

The latter contradicts the former by imposing conditions.

I don't understand how?

As if to say ;   I have cooked a great meal ;  come and partake.
            I guess you are saying, "come and partake" is a condition and you refuse to eat under any condition ?

I would say,  No hard feelings on my part; but rather than to surcome to Your condition, I will feed what I wanted you to have to the dogs,
            I love them too.

No, the condition is "through the work of his Son Jesus on the cross."

Is this your greatest problem.

Is it the Christian and Muslim concept of God which you rebel?

Or is it any form of higher power that you are batteling?

I battle for the idea that it doesn't matter, God is something that is increasingly difficult to explain. We know how we feel, we just lack the communication skills needed to explain it.

... So we came up with magical and glorified explanations. We had to have something to say around the fire, what better than stories.

yes I know,

I was just trying to understand  aTM a little better.

Sometimes he says things that I "might" agree with what he writes on page, if I thought he knew what he was aiming his guns at.

Sometimes I agree completely with what he said except I'm thinking it about him while he is pointing at me.

kinda like being all dressed up and with no place to go.

edit ..   kinda like somebody peed in his cornflakes, and he thinks everyone did it. LOL

No Jerami, you will never understand as long as you keep starting from the false premise that YOUR God exists, if anyone's cornflakes had been peed into.

Understanding is not really in your lexicon, is it, Jerami.

Rebelling against gods? Battling higher powers? lol

Not at all. God's love has no conditions. It's whether He takes you into His house that has a condition, and that condition is that you're actually willing to come in. But if you aren't, He still loves you.

lol Contradict much?

Yeah, you contradict yourself all  the time!

But, I've learned you can lead a horse to water...

Leading to water and leading to delusion are two different things, don't assume you're doing the former.

I assume nothing with you. Besides, nobody needs to lead you to delusion...

2. Bonitaanna profile image61

Amen to that!

11. douggy profile image58
      douggyposted 12 years ago

Actually the question is, "how much do we know about God?" Are the popular views about God really the truth? Isn't there any truth beyond what we think we know?

12. hookedhuntress profile image60
      hookedhuntressposted 12 years ago

1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

God loves us all.He gives everyone an opportunity to love Him back.The individual makes the choice to accept or reject Him.

If you accept God then you are His child.If you reject God then you are making the choice to NOT be His child and that is your freewill.

You can still be God's child if you choose to be but He is not going to force you to be.

Children born into a family is something completely different.You are comparing apples and oranges.

People do not get to choose what family they are born into..but people do get to choose to have God as their Father or not.

It would be quite foolish to choose God as another father considering one is never treated as His child in any way shape or form as one is treated by their real father who loves his children unconditionally.

Gods are dictators who make demands of love, obedience and worship.

I don't know about these gods that you speak of.I can only speak of the God that I follow.

If a child moves away from it's father and does not want to talk to him any more or have anything to do with him,he still loves the child and tries to have a relationship with the child  but  the father can not make the child have a relationship with him if it does not want to.

The God I follow does not demand me to do anything.I am always given the choice to love,obey or worship.

Well said!

3. profile image52

hookedhuntress Well said.

13. Austin Jose profile image61
      Austin Joseposted 12 years ago

Why do you think so?

It's the way they'd like it to be, that their answer is the right one. But who is right? You? Me? Anyone else?

It is testament to the individual subjectivity of the believer. "I'm right because you're wrong and that's all there is"... This a ludacris way to go about it, damning all that are wrong on opinion alone. If God loved one child, why would hate the next? It just doesn't make any sense, not when love and fareness are preached, only on the advent of acceptance. In other words... It sounds selfish and stupid.

I'm not calling the religious stupid, just the behavior inclusive of the doctrine.

1. Austin Jose profile image61
          Austin Joseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

people do such things because they want to and they might be getting some relief from their pains. People who dosen't have anyone to share their feelings can have the help of God.

It's one thing to do it alone, but to spread it as truth is another. It is a truth of spirit/mind and it's only true to those that allow it to be.

Are we talking  about the Christian God of the bible or some other eastern spiritualistic  religion and or god?

I think you are mixing totally different belief systems here with this spirit/mind stuff.

You start  forum topics about Christianity and about  the christian God and then veer off topic into mysticism.

You have every right to post what you like but  why not just go ahead and post about your own religious beliefs instead using Christianity as a guise to inseminate  your non-Christian  beliefs.

Christianity is about the teachings of Jesus Christ and the bible.
          It is not about spiritualism or mysticism those are from another belief that are not Christianity,you can't mix them,they are not the same.

You can't mix all these beliefs together and have it make any sense because it won't.

Christianity is Christianity.
          Hinduism is Hinduism.
          Buddhism is Buddhism.
          Judaism  is  Judaism.

They are not the same.

Amen!

14. KellyPittman profile image79
      KellyPittmanposted 12 years ago

God cares for everyone and expects His followers to care for everyone too.

Would you care for a renunciant? Would you care for a "satanist"? If the followers of christ love the world, they should remove the words heathen and blasphemer.

1. profile image0

not necessarily
          Just because someone speaks harsh words - hopefully those words are applicable and true - it does not mean that there is not love anywhere around, either in that person who speaks or in the motive behind saying those words.

Someone could say "you are an anti-christ and a satan". But those are only words and if the other person says "yes you are right" the love behind those words will quickly be seen by way of an explanation as to how the person is being that way which may lead to open discussion with hopefully a cheery ending, BUT if those words only bring up an adamant and negative response in the recipient then the love behind the words will not be seen as readily, although perseverance and a soft attitude should prevail.

I recall telling earnest at one time along that similar avenue that he was only here to destroy and ruin, then i said in the same sentence, If he were to come to christ i would probably be his best brother.

Often times a parent has to do and say things that are harsh or stern with their child, in my day my father gave me the strap when he thought i deserved it - for low grades in a certain subject or late for curfew but did he not love me? How was i to judge that because i got the strap at home my parents did this without love?

As i have said before love wears many hats and will do some drastic things in love.
          So just because a christian tells a person off for being whatever, does not mean they don't love you, albeit the hugs and handshakes are more readily given when in agreement. The spirit of love of a christian flows much deeper than just the surface. In many unlikely areas we show love because it is there, in us, and when we reprove people for wrongness it does not mean our love has gone out the window.
          If troubled man were to repent and come to christ do you think the christians in this forum would reject him? in no way, he would be accepted readily and cheered on and supported.

There are heathens and there are blasphemers and this is just the way it is.

15. Druid Dude profile image60

Christians taste better sittin' on a Ritz with some cheese and wine.

16. hookedhuntress profile image60
      hookedhuntressposted 12 years ago

I agree that we can get hung up on the literal meaning of words.

Speaking of ancient Hebrew they did not  even have a word for sphere.

Depending on how a person interprets it.I could be wrong but scripture interprets scripture that is what I tend to go by.

I don't have a problem being corrected if I am wrong.I don't want to have someone believe the wrong thing..I would be doing more harm than good..and I don't want to do that.

1. profile image0

I believe it was you who went on and on about how perfect the science of the bible is. You showed the example of the bible describing the shape of the earth. I pointed out that it did so incorrectly and then you tell me I get hung up on words. Circle, sphere whatever you say. They didn't have a word for sphere you say. I asked for some or any evidence that suggested that the writers of the bible had knowledge ahead of their time. I just want to see something that is concrete. I don't mean to be insulting, but if your wrong you should be able to admit it. If you can't find something concrete, don't say you can because you just set yourself up. If you come back and show me something concrete, I'll say I was wrong.

Interpretation of scripture - there are those who want to believe, so there interpretation will be different than someone who is critical. If one spends to much time with like minded people they start to believe the there interpretation is the correct one. Think Critically.

I was not even talking to you Rad and you insist on interjecting yourself into my conversation with someone else.

Again you insist on putting words into what I wrote that I did not say.

I have already finished my conversation with you but you can't seem to just get over it  and move on.

You have not proven that I am wrong in anything that I say..nor can you.

Simply just because you say I am wrong does not mean that I am wrong.

You continue to  beat a dead horse...have fun with that.

I have shown were they had  knowledge ahead of their time...just because they did not use the terms that we use TODAY does not make it wrong..just because  you say it is wrong does not make it wrong.

You're wrong nanny,nanny boo boo is not proving that someone is wrong.

1. profile image0

There you go again, telling me when or what I can say. Telling me not to interject. Like that's not what you do.

You claim to have showed me that the writer of the bible had knowledge ahead of there time. But I haven't seen anything yet. And yes I get hung up on the language. Look, a circle is a circle, a sphere is a sphere.

It's not right just because you say so.

I know this conversation must bother you. I'll leave you alone, but not because you say so. I don't like being bullied.

1. profile image0

Hi rad man. I could be wrong, but from what I've read there was no word for sphere in the ancient Hebrew language. Circle had to suffice if you were speaking of a spherical object.

That may be true, or not; but I think that is one of the primary problems when discussing Christian scriptures. Translating from one language into another is a sometimes tricky business. Even the place the translator chooses to set a comma gives rise to another sect; because it changes the meaning drastically. People get caught up in arguing the little details when what the writer intended to say was lost in antiquity.

1. profile image0

Look all I'm asking for is evidence that the bible was written by God and not people. Not something you have to read into. I've sited scripture that shows they didn't have any knowledge that wasn't of the time or todays time. Does it say the earth revolves around the sun? Does it describe the diameter of the earth. Because if it did, you'd have something.

Just show me something.

1. Sagittarius 2012 profile image60
                  Sagittarius 2012posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Red Man

There are more verses in the Book of Job which are new to our present scientific level of knowledge. One of them relates to foundation sockets in Job 38:6; an odd word (Hebrew) ‘adaneyah is used for “foundations” which is transliterated as Eden. 

This word is used for the sockets holding up the staves in the tabernacle (Ex. 26:19). It is used this manner a total of 52 times. Then it is used for the “sockets of the ideal king in Songs (5:15). 

The only place in Scripture where it is used for “foundation sockets” is in Job Ch. 38:6. 

The Alaska earthquake struck on Good Friday of 1964. Through the use of more than 200 seismographs operating worldwide using push waves and shock waves, scientists determined that foundation rock of earth is mantle rock. Surprisingly it was learned that underneath the oceans these mantle rock extends down for 2 – 5 miles but underneath each of the continents it extends downward 300 miles, truly providing a socket for each of the seven continents. 

This statement made over 3500 years ago in the Book of Job was proved accurate.

Will this satisfy you?

Rad, this is where a theologian might actually be helpful. People who believe that the Bible was written by God (and here I'm talking about people who know the Bible really well and teach it to others,) don't generally talk that way. Yes, there are verses in the Bible that some people (even scientists) point to as showing scientific knowledge not commonly known at the time. But your reaction to those verses is actually fairly typical of a lot of skeptics. And although I personally feel that  Sag 2012 has a good point, I suspect you won't agree.

EmileR also made a good point, one that I alluded to in an earlier post. A lot of Greek and especially a lot of Hebrew doesn't translate directly into English. It just doesn't. The Hebrew word translated "circle"   in Isaiah (חוּג, chug) is actually thought to refer to what we would call a compass, an instrument that draws a circle. It's a poetic device to talk about God's majesty and power.

People who believe and teach that God "wrote" the Bible teach that God used the hands of individual men, without overruling their individual styles or personalities, to write books that differed from each other, sometimes by hundreds of miles and thousands of years, that were still remarkably in sync. If you're willing to put in the time and open yourself to the possibility, most people find that to be true. But a surface reading of the Bible, or a reading that depends on commentaries from people who have already declared the Bible to be Uninspired, won't open the possibility. And looking for modern language in ancient writings is too easy for the skeptics to dismiss. It becomes the functional equivalent of demanding a burning bush and declaring God a fairy tale when He refuses to produce one for you.

If you really want to see God, you will. He has promised.

3. profile image0

Well, first. I'm agnostic so I'm not the person best qualified to argue in favor of a hand of god book. However, I don't entirely negate the possibility that God might exist.

Apples and kumquats. Science and religion. Two explanations for the cosmos. One, written to speak to a primitive and nomadic people. One, used to help us have the most cutting edge knowledge available and built steadily through research of the physical world. One spoon fed, one available for those willing to study it.

Both of these are separated by thousands of years. You tell me. If God exists and we had never heard of the concept, until now....how many volumes would it take to give us all the information we could absorb and answer all of the questions that came to mind? A lot.

If I were a deity looking for the perfect window of opportunity to make my presence known...I'd say that nomadic people was the better choice. I would rather be left to wonder if God exists and discover the universe on my own, then be given the information on a silver platter.

1. profile image0

Ah yes but, my point is if God did right the book then he would have put specific information for people of all time. Why not explain quantum physics? I wouldn't have meant anything to people 1000 years ago, but It would have made me a believer. People try to read science into the bible, but it doesn't work. We need to keep them apart. There is no science in the bible only poetry. A God would have gotten it perfect. He would have know we would be able to check in a few thousand years. The writer simply didn't know the world revolves around the Sun and the Sun revolves around the centre of our Galaxy and were all whizzing through space held down by gravity that only Einstein seemed to understand.

1. profile image0

So, you think if God had handed Moses a quantum physics textbook he would have carried it back down the mountain? And all the years the text says that Israel turned their backs on God, they would have worried about keeping up with a quantum physics text book? What's up with that? Do you believe in miracles?

Ah, at the risk of starting a further argument, it sounds like what you want is the kind of stuff that Eric Von Daniken (I'm sure I misspelled his name) used to put in his books to "prove" that ancient Mayan culture was actually based on space aliens.

I think my point about functional equivalence still holds. If you spend your time looking for exactly what you want, and are unwilling to accept anything "less," then you miss what He has put in there. And that's sad.

While that is great sentiment, many people would like it on a silver platter, especially if there might be a place like Hell involved.

1. profile image0

Sure, if hell were real. But, I consider the whole march of religion through history evidence enough that, if God exists, hell isn't real. If our eternal soul hinged on a choice, we'd be given solid evidence. If that God is good.  Of course, if it is real with such lousy evidence....would you want to spend eternity with an entity who set it up that way?

More over ..."Interpretation of scripture - there are those who want to believe, so there interpretation will be different than someone who is critical. If one spends to much time with like minded people they start to believe the there interpretation is the correct one. Think Critically."

You are making assumptions.You do not know me nor do you know who I may or may not have spent time with.

1. profile image0

I was speaking in general terms.

17. krsharp05 profile image73
      krsharp05posted 12 years ago

It seems like the discussion has veered far from the original question.  It is dangerously human to have to categorize and name things - just as we have given separation and designation to different "religions" when in reality most of us believe that there is a greater power that governs us all and that is God.  What each religious sect chose to use as their "handbook" is how they dictated and set standards within their own realm.  God doesn't care if you eat meat on Friday or if you genuflect and kneel.  Everyone has a different relationship with God.  Foster it every day.  Keep it strong.  That's what matters.

If a child recognizes the parent, then the parent recognizes the child. If the parent waits until the child recognizes the parent.....needless to say, who's the adult here?

18. iphone-5-release profile image61
      iphone-5-releaseposted 12 years ago

God is just a higher power to believe in, its something to give people hope. I am not saying its bad but I think people should start believing in themselves and not to a story thats been passed down for many years.

1. profile image52

Assuming that the believer has told you the truth or what he believes to be the truth, he has done what is required of him by the Creator and His son. He is not to engage in heated debate about His word. If it is not accepted, "shake the dust from your feet" and move on. Someone is waiting to hear. Some were meant to be vailed, they won't believe the truth anyway!! You want something concrete, He gave everyone the same thing, the sign of Jonah. Did'nt  Yahusha say to his disciples that they saw Him do great things, walked with Him, talked with Him and the poeple of the latter days would have faith as their only testimony. Is it so hard to believe that there is a Creator of all things, that it all belongs to Him and He makes the rules. Let there be no mistake, I know He exsists. I've had to go to Him time and time again and He has answered me to the letter. That's another story, just like.  if I tell you other truths He revealed to me would shake a lot of the christians  they could'nt up. But it would be nothing so startling no one else does'nt know. All are required to read the Book for themselves. You are not to rely on man standing on the pulpit, my word, or anyone elses word. All will held accountable for their works. No exceptions!! If you willing do not read His word there will be no excuse, unless you were born blind, deaf and unable to speak, ignorance of His law will be no excuse. Saying all this to say, I will believe and be wrong for what can happen to me if there is no consequences. But all you who don't believe if you are wrong, there is a deathly price to pay.

19. KeithJK profile image59
      KeithJKposted 12 years ago

I started a series a couple weeks ago on just this topic.
      It talks about how Heaven isn't a finish line...
      http://keithjk.hubpages.com/hub/FallenAngel1

20. ackman1465 profile image60
      ackman1465posted 12 years ago

In my experience... each religion sez that THEY have the best imaginary friend/benefactor ("God")....  THEY CAN'T ALL BE RIGHT!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

You're right, the problem is they are only thinking about themselves.

1. profile image52

You're right, they are not all right. There is only one Creator. To find him, all you need to do is begin a sincere and earnest search of his word. Light will be shed. If you continue, more light will be shed until all the truths are revealed. Trust me. There is no mystery, He gave His word where a child could understand. That was not a slight on your intelligence, merely stating a fact that at one point in history the children taught the word to the adults. The confusion was begun many centuries ago. Who was behind it all? Read Rev.12:9. I know you don't believe in the Creator or the devil, but for the latter, it is one of his most powerful tools, that you don't believe that he exsists. It is time to learn the truth. It can get to be to late. Soon there will be something where you will have to make a decision on whose side you are on, Creator or satan. Your eternity depends on it. Eternal life or death. There is no burning hellfire. Rom.6:23, "the wages of sin is death." not punishment. I know you might say, here comes one more bible thumper trying to shove his beliefs down my throat. I'm only doing what our Heavenly Father Yahuah and His son Yahusha commanded of their disciples. If you see the sword coming, and don't tell the people and they are smitten by the sword, their blood is on your hands(I will be held accountable). If you tell them and they do nothing, there blood will be on themselves(I will not be held accountable). I do this following the second greatest commandment, to love my neighbor has I do myself. You don't have to belive me, the Book states Creator first, others second, myself third, then the children.

21. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 12 years ago

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq245/balkoths/th_cl.jpg

22. Druid Dude profile image60

Getitrite; the sky isn't falling....the low water mark is rising.

23. ackman1465 profile image60
      ackman1465posted 12 years ago

Robertr04:  Isn't that "Rev. 12:9" a reference to the King James version of the Bible????

Are you unawares that that book is a FAIRY TALE??????

If you could direct me to a well-documented tome, I'd be happy to "listen" to you.....

Otherwise, you go in to the heap with the others who have "found" an imaginary friend and want me (and others) to believe that he/she actually does - or did - exist...

Sorry, I'm not buying.....

P.S.  Do your Jewish and Muslim friends find your reference to be believable?

1. profile image0

Wow ackman1465 were you able to get through that. I wasn't. Didn't get passed the first line.

24. Mac31 profile image60
      Mac31posted 12 years ago

God does not care for only Christian's; he cares for everyone and has hope for everyone.

1. profile image52

Ackman, Rad Man how are you? First of all I'm new at this so I probably did something wrong in writing my reply. It looks to be only a third of what I wrote so it came up empty. I'll try and repeat it later. No, I use the Interlinear Bible for my scripture. It's translation coming from the original Hebrew. But even in the King James out of maybe 100,000 verses roughly 1500 of them are corrupt. This leaves quite a bit of non-fairy tale information. I'm not here trying to convince you that what you believe or don't believe is wrong, or right for that matter. But think about this. If those who believe and follow the instuctions of the Creator are wrong, what harm will become them. Now on the other hand if you are wrong, there will be a deadly penalty to pay. I myself will stick with the former. Now after you reply and we get over this hump, we can talk about my Jewish, Muslim and Christian friends.

25. wilmiers77 profile image61
      wilmiers77posted 12 years ago

Lord, Lord, He gave his only begotten Son. "AIN'T" that enough.

1. profile image52

wilmiers77 what are you talking about?

Jesus Christ is 'Who' he is talking about.

26. SpanStar profile image59
      SpanStarposted 12 years ago

The world has been against God since Adam and Eve. The idea of proof of the existence of God is irrelevant because even with proof mankind would reject him. Adam and Eve rejected God and they knew him first hand. Jesus disciples rejected the idea that Jesus could be the son of God and accepted him only after his resurrection-once again proof is irrelevant.

John 15:16-19
      The Bible talks about God choosing us (people) and not us choosing him.

The verse also states that if we are not of the world then the world will hate us as the world has hated God.

Good or bad, right or wrong God is only accepting those who are willing to believe in him through faith.

Amen.

A post containing God's Truth as revealed by His Holy Word.

1. profile image52

SpanStarThank you for your words of wisdom. I' m leaving this alone.

27. mischeviousme profile image61
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years ago

I knew they couldn't do it without the bible... Thinking for one's self is near impossible, if scripture is all that one studies.

Why do you think Christians should forsake their bibles to prove anything to you? Christians have the same secular education as anyone else. Christians wasn't born with some preset program to echo the bible. We went thru the vicissitudes of life with hard knocks from the world, and realized that the words in the bible was truth and that the world is controlled by satan, the father of lies, deceiver, and thief of what is God's. 

"If God is on your side, than who can be against you."

28. profile image0
      matama ellieposted 12 years ago

At no point does the bible say that God only cares for Christians alone.In fact, one of the characteristics of a real christian is to love your enemies as you would your friends.God makes the rain fall on the wicked as well as the righteous.The point i am trying to put across is that,according to the bible,God loved us so much that he sent Jesus to die for us.Jesus died for the sinners.That shows how he cares for ALL OF US,not just a select few.I was raised a Christian and while a have veered off that path,i really believe what i have just told you.Don't let anybody tell you any different.

29. gregb4hope profile image67
      gregb4hopeposted 12 years ago

God's grace covers the just and the unjust. They are all is children...but there is also children of obedience and children of disobedience in families.  The parents love them both just as God sent his Son that all might be saved.  But parents do reward their children for good behavior and discipline those that choose otherwise.  The good child heeds the parents warning about life's dangers...the not so good child ignores them and seek his own way.  Is it really so different with God and his creation.
      In fact, Christians are telling the world God cares for them but there are instructions (Bible) that we need to follow to assure his care will work in your  life and the next! You can't have both ways...not in your own house neither in the House of God.

30. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 12 years ago

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm183/moonmaiden_06/religion.jpg

I wish they had a like button, LoL. I think it would also work if in the second cartoon, the "I has a baseball" guy was holding a baseball glove, as though having a glove= having a baseball. It makes it somewhat possible, but doesn't adequately prove anything.

One can pray for a baseball all they want, without an actual baseball, there is no game.

But one doesn't pray TO the baseball (except in some far-out religions...)

The proof can be given, but it can also be rejected because God does want faith. The Bible is full of stories of people who lacked faith, it's not a modern trait.

Excellent point.

smile

31. WD Curry 111 profile image58
      WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

No one ever said that God only cares for Christians . . . anywhere. The Bible clearly states that he doesn't want anyone to perish. He makes the rain fall on the fields of the just and the unjust alike. God is Love. Keep seeking, brother.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then it must be your God's wish that all Muslims, Hindus, Buddhist, etc, stop worshiping these many false gods, in order for them not to perish.  Yet there is no more evidence for your particular god's validity than any of the others.

1. profile image0

That's because you haven't done the research or allowed proper textual evidence to persuade you.
          There are over 57,000 preserved texts of the NT alone! In many languages. 27,000 are greek texts, if we take these away we can still compile a NT from those other languages. IF we look at the time line of these texts many are within the generations of believers while they lived - circa before 100ad. Copies of texts - not rewrites show these texts to be believable in accuracy of the belief of the time.
          When we look at the incredible story portrayed we cannot come to the conclusion that the NT has nothing to do with the powerful God of the OT.

God has always wanted purity of path when it comes to following Him.

Sounds more like self fulfilling prophecy to me.

Oh my... What scholarly observation getitrite.

Seriously though, we already knew what it 'sounds' like to you.

smile

32. gregb4hope profile image67

You got it wrong...getitrite.  The biggest difference between all the other religions and the God of the Bible is that he inspires men to write it down before  it happens so that the world can see (if it wants to see that is) how God will make it come true long after the writers are dead and buried. Jesus Christ is the example of that! Even the return of Israel as a nation in May 14, 1948 is fulfilling scripture.  That's why it is called the Living Word. Prophecy in all it's detail and foresight is the one thing not in the other books even though some may try they don't come close to prophet Isaiah detailing Christ death on the cross. How does one such as Jesus become such a powerful influence in the world and yet is literally torn to shreds on the cross?

Jesus said the gates of hell shall not prevail against his church. Well, guess what? He didn't even have a church when he made the statement.  But look around the world now.  I'll take His side over anyother because not one of them died for me and then walk out of tomb to prove I can get my life back. That's all we should really want and there is no better example than the Bible's demonstration because God knows what's really important....eternal life not gold and silver...wine and women.  If I am wrong it want make any difference but if I am right it makes every bit of the faith I got worthwhile.

Your worldview is that of a blind fearful sheep, molded to live a childlike existence till death.  I suggest that you try living your life based upon what you see happening, instead of what you have been told is happening. 

Your God is just as imaginary as the other gods.

You were saying you didn't ever say there wasn't a God?

I'll be sure to post this there for you.

And, oh yeah..

Matthew 18:3

Christ is way ahead of you..

Always will be.

smile

I like you, getitrite. People with predertimed and preprogrammed responses that amount to broad accusations and sneering jabs, devoid of actual philosophical argument or even anything more than a broad knowledge of history, are always fun. I spent months having fun with someone just like you!

Thanks for your honest opinion.
            Peace

And to you as well.

If you have anything, I'm always willing to talk. But mostly what I've read from you is the sort of stuff I used to have great fun with ATroubledMan about, where he was quick to accuse and make generally insulting comments about people "needing masters" and stuff like that. He wasn't interested in conversation, he ran away when I tried. When I yelled at him, he came to life.

You may not enjoy argument for its own sake the way he does, and if so then that's great. But what is your basis for saying some of the things you say?

33. gregb4hope profile image67

You got it wrong again...getitrite. I don't have fear...it is cast aside. I do my own research and seek with my own eyes. Your unbelief is in the word of God as well...it doesn't surprise this God.  He's been dealing with that from the beginning but His word also has an ending known as the Book of Revelations. And this God made sure that His Book is still before us all so that no one can say...I did not know because you did not tell! You are right that I am being told something but aren't we all.....but let it be known you choose not to hear!

34. Harrybolton profile image61
      Harryboltonposted 12 years ago

GOD protect all people whoz prove self to able to GOD.

Web : http://Businessprofitideas.com

35. amithak50 profile image60
      amithak50posted 12 years ago

God is something who cares for all but we are responsible for our own Karma,The  type of things we do ,same type of things will return to us ,If we do bad to people bad things will happen to us ,if good than good .. So ,always do good smile

36. WD Curry 111 profile image58
      WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

It is hard to see God in a man made world. It is hard to hear God with all this noise. It is hard to feel secure with all of these lies. It is hard to feel God's love with resignation to bitterness hardening our heart.

Listen closely. Do you hear him calling you by name? I do. Quiet, please.

1. gregb4hope profile image67
        gregb4hopeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You said it well, WD Curry...for silence is a virtue and in it the voice of God's Spirit waits for our attention. He will not speak a moment sooner and when he does it is a silent  thunder that roars in the depth of my soul. I know I must enter in his presence on His terms not mine and therein is where most fail to know the Creator.

37. baytianna profile image62
      baytiannaposted 12 years ago

I always find this question a little funny. God (Yahwek-Elohim, the Christian god) is not some all loving benevolent deity, that has been made perfectly clear. He fully admits to being jealous and to wanting to be the main thing in your heart always. It stands to reason, then, that though he might still love everyone in some way it is quite likely he won't love anyone who doesn't follow those rules and whose constantly making him jealous or seeking forbidden knowledge etc, no?

I think it's also important to note that "God"'s existence would not supercede the existence of other gods, so whether we're looking at God as his original Mesopotamian self or any of the other's that came after, the question of whether God exists should be taken in a context with "well then, what type of being is he? Is he not being? Is he the only one or one of millions? etc." because even the picture of God in any given one of the testaments seems self contradictory, so you need to establish what you actually mean by God in light of modern developments and sentiments that God is some marshmallow like lover of all.

I apologize if any of this is offensive, but academically God never really showed himself to be as nice as all that.

God is a deflective mechanism, used to ebb the fear of death and loss. To believe whole heartedly that there is a god to fear, is as irrational, just as it is with the love of a deity. If one is to love anything above their own being, is to surrender a form of reasoning.

So then, the desire to be free of suffering and of the fear of suffering, loss and separation, are illusions of desire. As a result of a chaotic and irrational universe, we tend to mirror that of our herritage. We are lost in our own egos, seeking pleasure and solace from our own creative, sometimes damaging psyches.

"I always find this question a little funny. God (Yahwek-Elohim, the Christian god) is not some all loving benevolent deity, that has been made perfectly clear. He fully admits to being jealous and to wanting to be the main thing in your heart always."
        Yes, He does. Very much the same way a husband or wife wants to be the everything to their spouse.

"It stands to reason, then, that though he might still love everyone in some way it is quite likely he won't love anyone who doesn't follow those rules and whose constantly making him jealous or seeking forbidden knowledge etc, no? "
        No, he doesn't stop loving them. It's just that if they have shown in this life that they don't really want to be with Him, He's not obligated to let them in in the next one.

"I think it's also important to note that "God"'s existence would not supercede the existence of other gods,"
        It doesn't supercede their existence, it denies it altogether. Look, either the God laid out in the Bible is real, in which case He created everything and there are no other "gods," or He isn't in which case whether or not there are other "gods" the fact is that God isn't. The claims made (by or about, depending on point of view) God are exclusive and specific, so either they're true or they aren't.
        That doesn't mean there aren't other supernatural beings, just that if there is a God, there aren't any other "gods."

"even the picture of God in any given one of the testaments seems self contradictory, "
        Not really. In what way?

"so you need to establish what you actually mean by God in light of modern developments and sentiments that God is some marshmallow like lover of all."
        I agree with you there.

"I apologize if any of this is offensive, but academically God never really showed himself to be as nice as all that."
        No, you're right. God is a God of love but He is also supposed to be a God of justice.

Justice for who? Himself? Ridiculous. I don't want to be his spouse. I didn't choose that for myself, so I shouldn't have to make a decision to "love" Him back. That's like those girls in the religious polygamist camps who are "chosen" against their will to be spouses for the "Prophet" who do not want to be so and face serious consequences if they deny his "love."

You speak of God on human levels, but then you talk about how He is above our thinking, our ways, etc. The only difference I see between man and your God is a sense of entitlement that isn't looked down upon because He supposedly created us, so we are His property with which He can do whatever He pleases. How despicable. And then He becomes angry when His "children" act just like Him. What did He expect if they were so called "made in His image?"

It really makes no sense, unless He's some bored malevolent dictator and we are nothing but puppets in His little puppet show. We get treated better if we move the ways He wants, but when we exercise freedom, and try to break away, He gets upset, and sets up punishment for us. Again I say, He is not a loving God. If He is real, He is a conditional, malevolent dictator, and you must accept this about Him and worship Him anyway, convince yourself that He "loves" you, and become another drone following His every whim.

Thanks, but no thanks.   

Also, the scriptures that men use to prove Eternal Torment could just as easily make a case for Eternal Destruction. You simply hold on to Eternal Torment because that's the current consensus of the majority of fundamentalists and the like.

I'm sorry you feel that way. You have me at a disadvantage because you know more specifics about my experience than I know about yours. I wonder why you feel the way you do.

Again, I'll say something I've said before (and I know you're probably familiar with from when you were a Christian) God is not a human being. Human Beings are made in God's image, but that doesn't mean that God is just Zeus without the coterie. And yes, in a real sense that does mean you have to accept Him as He is and that there's nothing you can do about it. Obviously, a lot of people have trouble with that.

How pure do you think God is? Dawkins, obviously, thinks He's basically Robert Crumb on steroids, and that's the way a lot of people talk. But the Bible says that He is pure and without sin and cannot allow sinful people into His presence. If He's really  that pure, then it changes everything. And it also means that human beings can be that pure. Not on our own, but yes, it's possible.

Someone is going to have to point out to me how "the worm that does not die" implies that you get destroyed once and for all and that's it. That's not some consensus view I absorbed somewhere. That's thinking about the actual language.

Considering it's pure nonsense, no one with a brain would ever accept it.

That's bit harsh, ATM. He's got a brain. He's just passionately holding on to something that I guess, at the end of the day, he's got the right to hold onto. I merely want him to consider opening some of those doors in there that he's got closed. That's all.

It's not harsh at all, it's quite mild, actually. Those kinds of irrational beliefs are dangerous for societies and mankind and are at the basis of what is wrong with our world, they need to be ridiculed with the utmost contempt.

But attacking people isn't what's going to change anything. It's certain beliefs themselves that are problematic, and trying to get people to consider this fact is the goal. You just appear as a troll to most people, no matter what your intentions or view of the subject. And that's one of the reasons why many people who are religious can't hear you... you're not disrespecting just their religion, but them personally. The religion I could care less about, but I doubt you would enjoy being called an idiot constantly, nor would you consider the words of the person doing the name calling as anything worth listening to.

I'm not attacking anyone, but am being attacked personally myself. I am attacking the irrational beliefs of people, which is an entirely different thing.

Of course, that's because believers are unable to distinguish their irrational beliefs from their arms and legs and believe they are being insulted personally whenever their beliefs are questioned or ridiculed.

Yet, it's perfectly acceptable for them to tell us we will burn in hell for an eternity if we don't accept Jesus as our savior. Do you think that is respectful of us?

I've been called much worse here, but I have never called anyone an idiot. If they believe they are being called idiots, they are just deluding themselves.

You are absolutely right and it changes nothing. This is what he does. When he can get me to yell at him (and he has) then he thinks he's scored some kind of victory and he proceeds to barrel ahead.

Yelling is what he does. As long as he can call me (and other believers) "irrational" then that's the sum total of his argument and he doesn't think he needs nor does he intend to either soften or become even mildly more intellectual.

And when he can bring me down to his level (like right now) then I imagine he sits back with a smug little grin and feels completely justified.

2. profile image0

Yes. A stance of ridcule and contempt for the thoughts of others is certainly going to improve society. roll

They are not "thoughts" at all but are irrational beliefs indoctrinated by their religions.

Chris, I have found a site that you may find useful. It was written by a believer on hell and where the current idea of it comes from, and a thorough breakdown of the scriptures concerning it.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/jesus … nhell.html

Read it. Says very little that I haven't found in other evangelical Christian writings. Does misquote where Lazarus winds up in Luke 16. But it does quote J.I. Packer accurately.

38. coffeegginmyrice profile image81
      coffeegginmyriceposted 12 years ago

I don't think that God only cares for christians. What I believe is that God cares for any ONE who believes in Him. He cares for any ONE who believes that there is a God. People of different races, of different faith, of different ways of worshipping but have one belief to the "GOD" they themselves worship, pray, sacrifice and give thanks upon. God looks after to those who even don't have a tiny bit of faith or belief in Him and is ready to forgive them once they turn around and call His Name.

This sounds outright CONFUSING!

1. profile image0

God cares for all people through Jesus Christ in that God offered a way to Himself that all may, with just words, come to him = salvation by way of repentance. Just like you might take in a homeless person but still have rules of the house that they must abide by or be cast out of your house. Still you cared - but it just didn't work out.
          Jesus said that the fowls of the air were taken care of so why not people also.
          God is love how can this love not be available to all but of course with stipulations.

I would think that God would be firmly in control of the situation, since man is COMPLETELY POWERLESS against God...and if it doesn't work out, then it's God's fault for pretending to be just downright weak and naive, which is TOTALLY unbecoming A GOD...

God never pretended to be either weak or naive.

Yes, man cannot stand against God but man still has free will and can choose to do good or evil.

39. Mac31 profile image60
      Mac31posted 12 years ago

Our GOD does not only care about Christian's or any single particular religion more than another.  The thing that he cares about the most is that we follow what he has set out for each and every single one of us, which is to follow his ways.  Have faith and believe and everything else will fall into place.

Amen, brother!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)