Hubs missing from Google - Keyword results = 0

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (73 posts)
  1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 11 years ago

I have spent time reading all of the other forum posts regarding a decrease in traffic so I know I am not alone but even though I have read and read them I still do not understand what is going on.

Quite a few of my hubs were on page 1 of google for my keywords.  This then brought with it the beginnings of some decent daily organic traffic. 

Now zero traffic!

I typed in my keywords again and none of my hubs show up - not even in the first 3 or 4 pages. No where.

What does this exactly mean?  For those more experienced is this a glitch that will right itself or a google change that means I need to re-adjust all my hubs and keywords again.

Please hope someone can help.

Thanks

1. Barbara Kay profile image75
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I checked my sub-domain in Google to see if I could figure out what was happening and found links at the top of site pages that basically used my hub url and description so they could put a bunch of questionable ads on the pages. That was all the pages contained.

Google's Penguin was suppose to downgrade sites with spammy links. I wonder if some spammy sites didn't get into some of the Hubpage sub-domains and use them for their own purposes. I am just guessing here, because I don't know anymore than anyone else does.

I still get traffic, but it has gone down considerably. I think the change of season is affecting a lot of mine. I know it is more than that though, because too many people are complaining and it was too sudden.

WorkAtHomeMumsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Can you please confirm how you check your subdomain? like this site:workathomemums.hubpages.com
        Is that right?

1. Barbara Kay profile image75
          Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just typed in Barbara Kay Hubpages and came up with tons of links that I never put there. Some I'd never choose and one I found that had copied hubs. I never got finished, I found so many. I don't know how to get rid of them either.

Ok yep got heaps too. Now what??

2. janderson99 profile image53
      janderson99posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am not an expert but it appears your pages have been de-indexed.
      If you enter the full title for one of your unique titles such as

Cinnamon - Antioxidant Blood Sugar Regulator: Health Benefits of Cinnamon

your hub does not appear in the search results. This generally means its not in the  Google index.

Perhaps you should check with Google Webmasters Central to see if there are any messages. Otherwise you may have to ask for a review.

Some one else with more experience may be able to help.

No messages. Nothing. No alerts. Should I just ping it

3. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Watch out for those incoming links.  Are they all reputable?

My visitors are mainly organic google and hubpages, my own blog or my fb page. So I would say yes to that one.

4. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87

I did find a Robots.txt page and it's full of disallows. Is that Normal? If not how do I Change that??

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image93
    Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years ago

I noticed a similar problem. I found only one of my hubs (so far) appears in the search results when I type in the full title. When I checked my traffic sources, I found my google traffic has plummeted to 14 in one day, so most of my traffic is coming from hubpages now. This is so frustrating because I had just gotten to the point where the majority of my traffic was coming from google. It took 5 months to get there! When I originally started writing for hubpages, it seemed like a viable option for much needed extra income, but now it seems its just a waste of time.

If you add links in your hubs to your other hubs, is that considered spammy? Is that too many links?

I'm so frustrated I'm ready to throw in the towel!

I am hoping it's going to right itself. I checked my webmasters tools and I have no errors or messages or notifications. All looks ok yet my site is gone from google. I did a fetch as googlebot and it came up but I don't quite get what that means.

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
        Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I see no reason why it should right itself, unfortunately - unless there has been a glitch at Google (which has happened before).

Take a look at your Analytics information.  When did your traffic disappear?   

If it was on 24 April, you were hit by Penguin.   If it was on 27 April, that's when Panda was run. 

Once you know which Google update hit you, you can look at what those updates were targeting, and work out how that applies to your Hubs.

One thing I notice - in some of your titles, you're using your keyword twice and even three times. That's a red flag to Google that you're keyword stuffing (even if you're not!), so it could be part of the problem.

This is a good infographic on Panda.
        http://searchengineland.com/google-panda-update-112805

It's the last 48-72 hrs. Prior to that all was good.

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think I've written a single hub that does not contain links to several of my other hubs.  So no, that is not spammy, but be aware that the second hub must be pertinent to the one linking.

That is, you cannot provide a link to just anything; the linked to location must be pertinent to the subject of the linking hub.

I'm ok in that area.

3. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Maybe have a look at your titles?  Your red wine hub uses the phrase red wine three times in the title alone.  Less is more for keywords these days, so the big G might view it as keyword stuffing.

Also your account is only 7 weeks old - quite often there is an an initial surge, the hubs then seem to drop off the edge of the universe and then organic traffic builds again as they age

I only published the red wine one last night. But point taken. I can amend that. However keywords are keywords. If my hubs are on showing in search results for keywords then they are. They wouldn't become disallow for no reason. From other forum chats it seems I'm far from alone here. How to change back to allow is what im now on the hunt for

2. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

Two people have made a suggestion about keyword stuffing which you have dismissed or ignored.

Pippi Longstocking page contains the words 39 times!!!

Google is slamming keyword stuffing.

Keyword stuffing was the old SEO game.

It is entirely up to you whether you act on this or not.  But it seems pretty obvious to me.

If you read my previous comment you would have seen me state point taken, in response to the keyword stuffing. So no I'm not ignoring. And if you write a hub on eggs you are going to use the word egg plenty of times throughout so keyword stuffing? Or just a hub on eggs. Title overdoing it on some? Yes probably. You live and learn but I think there is more to it. I've only been here 7 weeks but I've been a programmer for umpteen years so I'm not that ignorant to it all. Some things yes but not everything.

Yes.  I agree it can be frustrating.  I write about pointe shoes, and there just ain't another word for them (if I called them toe shoes, ballet dancers would fall about laughing).  Unfortunately Google doesn't care.  They've got their definition of keyword stuffing and if you cross the line, you're toast.

Of course, Google doesn't do anything helpful like tell us what the definition is - but it's definitely under 5%.  Some people say it's more like 3%.

Try running some of your Hubs through a keyword density checker.  If you're above 4%, you need to fix it.

How many words though? As in should i worry about the 2 word phrases only or 3 words being over 4%?
            or any results over 4%

2. David 470 profile image82
        David 470posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Keyword stuffing -- that's frowned on by Google is it not?

That's a definite yes.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

Yeah ok, sorry.  I have been hubhopping this morning and found two decent pages out of fifty bits of spam. So short tempered.

Here is the top result for "Who Is Pippi Longstocking" - after Wiki, Youtube and Amazon of course.

http://www.sweden.se/pippi

The writer mentions the name ten times. It doesn't feel excessive and reads OK.

I don't want to tar you with the same brush as the utter crap that is coming through the Hopper but there are so many people who aim for 5,6,7% of their content being the keyword.  It used to work.  It doesn't now.

This is one of the many indicators that Google have specifically mentioned.

I had an article that was slammed twice.  I fixed it by really cutting down on the keywords - the reader and Google already knew what it was about.  I also tried to give it a purpose - not just some text so I could put adverts on.

Article, viewer, reason for being first - then adverts is my thinking.

I suppose I should also point out that I don't make any money at all at this.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 11 years ago

Kryword density and shit backlinks were always the a$$ of the internet....well, also there is Reddit.

5. Will Apse profile image88
      Will Apseposted 11 years ago

I reckon over-optimized titles might be a problem. Mostly, though, I think you are picking topics that have already been covered very extensively.

just unpublished a couple of the erroneous ones.  as I have said before I'm not complaining that I'm not getting traffic. I'm saying i'm not indexed anymore. I've had success in the last few weeks with my hubs despite the appearance of being in saturated topics.

1. ktrapp profile image93
          ktrappposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am confused as to why you say you are deindexed. If I check your subdomain on Google (site:workathomemums.hubpages.com) I get over ten pages of results (your hubs, forums you've commented on, etc.)

I searched a couple of your complete titles and your Hubs show in results. Last night I could see that Google crawled your red wine Hub on May 5; this morning it looks as if you unpublished it. This morning I can see that Google last crawled your scratch and sniff Hub on April 29.

As a few others have stated, be sure to pare down some of your longer titles. Not only is the title important for search engine ranking, since it shows in results it can be a determining factor in click-through to your site. The same goes for the URL, which by the way, does not have to be identical to the title. Also, put your keywords as close to the beginning of the title and URL as possible.

1. mynameisnotpaul profile image61
            mynameisnotpaulposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think she was speaking more on the lines of Hubs not showing up using actual realistic search terms rather than her site being indexed at all. Of course, if users want information on..for example....lego games for the iPhone, they're not going to type in "Work at Home Mums Novelty Gifts: Play Lego Games on the iPhone - Interactive Lego Game," which is one of this person's Hubs. They're probably just going to type in, "iphone lego games" or something similar.

In other words, they're confused as to why they're not ranking for keywords that they once ranked for.

As far as this is concerned, this is not the only complaint I've heard about Google here recently and traffic drops. Probably has something to do with the updates they're rolling out... I'm not sure what they are since I don't get too concerned with SEO personally, but I hear it's not good for those that absolutely rely on it.

I think not showing up in Google for realistic search terms may have been her original complaint but I was responding to her later comment, and that of a couple others, that her Hubs were actually de-indexed. They still show up in Google's index, although not ideally for realistic search queries. If they weren't in the index at all that would be a whole different problem for her to resolve.

So onward with what she should do. I absolutely agree with you about the iphone lego example. Since titles and URLs play a part in SEO that is why I suggested she shorten them up and match them more up to common search queries. Her wordy iphone lego title, which she has also used as the URL, is a perfect example.

Without looking at her Google Analytics personally, it's hard to say whether her woes are due to one of Google's recent updates or not. She replied to Marisa Wright that it's been 2-3 days since she's lost traffic, so maybe something in the latest Panda update (4/27 - I believe) got her.

But her subdomain is new. Maybe it enjoyed a surge at first and now is settling down to reality, which can happen. But at quick glance, like you, I think there are issues with her titles and URLs having too many words, not placing keywords, or better yet - keyword phrases - near the beginning. These SEO issues have to be resolved for long term success, I believe anyway.

1. Keith Engel profile image68
                Keith Engelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am relatively new and wasn't aware of what keyword stuffing was, but after reading this I now know what it is. I got it confused with tagging perhaps that is why certain people hubs are dropping of? Too much focus on key word instead of tagging and having a good combination of tags.

2. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87

The only way to fix the url is to delete and set up new hub. Correct?

Yup.  But I've always been told the URL doesn't matter that much. 

Mind you, looks like I'm the last one to be giving advice, since my "Panda Recovery" seems to have been shortlived.  My traffic really dipped over the weekend - looks like more than a normal weekend dip to me.  Let's hope I'm wrong!

1. wordscribe43 profile image90
                    wordscribe43posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh... NOOOOO!  I'll cross my fingers (and toes) for you.

2. lobobrandon profile image88
                    lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Marisa mine's back to the normal for now. The 60% drop over May 3rd to last night is over and my traffic is increasing by the hour. At present is the 2nd highest its ever been

3. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87

Krtapp-where can I read more about the comment you make about possibly why I showed up initially and now settling back to reality . If that is the case how do I find what page I'm even on for  some oh my hubs which were  showing quite prominently and now not.

I just checked my webtools crawler and noticed this

Sitemap: http://workathomemums.hubpages.com/.....blah blah ......xml.gz

User-agent: Mediapartners-Google
              Disallow:

The robots.txt file is all disallow.
              Is everyone else like that???

Yes.  The Media-partners thing is to do with how Adsense ads are displayed. 
                All the others are just to stop Google crawling the same page multiple times in different categories etc, which would create duplicate content issues.

Ok so i can stop worrying about this part anyway.. thanks Marisa

Can you let me know where you are seeing this info on crawler dates please?

I saw 173 links when I Googled site:workathomemums.hubpages.com

Last crawl date appears to be 4/28.  You haven't been deindexed.

My web analytical show me overwhelming crawl errors from 24th. Since then my hubs aren't showing for keywords. Clearly for my actions. So I'm "there" but not visible if being searched for organically. So what's the point of even being there. What's that term... Sandbox?

I have also noticed that I had an increase in crawl errors (as seen in diagnostics|crawl errors is google webmaster tools), but when I click the "linked from" tab these crawl errors are not in my control. However, Google did change how they report crawl errors recently: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. … ation.html

Nonetheless, Google states that these crawl errors should not affect a site's placement in search results.

I am not sure by any means, but I don't think this is the root of your problem.

Zero!

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6572733.png

i'll read that link now thanks for that

Can you post an image of the two graph lines (traffic & crawl errors) when you had traffic?

2. ktrapp profile image93

Go to Google and do a search for one of your Hubs. When it shows up in results hold your mouse over the big arrow that appears to the right of the snippet about your Hub. Then on the right screen you will see a portion of your Hub. Above it click on the word "cached" and you will see the date information. Hope that helps.

Ok thanks

6. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
      WorkAtHomeMumsposted 11 years ago

I just used that keyword density tool...cant hurt to drop it can it..thanks for the heads up on that.
      Dont get me started on what i see when im hub hopping....
      that pippi hub is too new for results.  my older ones were good  now zip.  maybe my wine one tipped me over the edge.

7. Daughter Of Maat profile image93

Ok, so I hopped over to google analytics and found that my page views were at about 300-400 per day (most of which was from google) until April 29th, which is when it dive bombed to 27 pages per day (most of which is from hubpages).

Can anyone explain what happened? I don't really understand all the keyword stuff, and rarely ever use it. I just write my article, and post. I'm assuming the plummet was because of the panda update, but I'm not entirely sure what that changed. Anyone have any ideas? If my traffic is going to stay this low, it's not worth the time and effort I put in. I need to make some sort of income to keep my house so I need to figure this out. $.72 every week won't pay squat lol maybe a drip of gas?

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi DoM.  I checked one of your pages.  The keyword appeared 46 times.  Without going into details - ie. don't tell us - which were your best performers and what does your keyword pecentage look like?  But don't tell us.

Other people will say "oh it's not keywords" or "you need more keywords" (for christ sake).

All I can say is that one of the 200 odd things Google doesn't like is keyword stuffing and it does issue penalties.

I know what WAHM said above about eggs.

Here's the bad.

Eggs are great.  Eggs contain stuff.  Eggs are laid by chickens.  Eggs make your hair grow.  Etc.

Here's what you would say to a friend.

Eggs are great. They contain stuff.  Chickens lay them.  They make your hair grow.

8. Keith Engel profile image68
      Keith Engelposted 11 years ago

As far as I understand this keywording is filling up your article with the same word so that it gets flagged by google. This is different than tagging. Tags are words that you use to assist in the finding of your article that you don't actually include in your article. For instance I have an article on Ellen Degeneres. If you just type in her name, it gets lost in the shuffle, but through my use of tags if you type in Ellen Degeners+Good Deeds it shows up as the 4th search matter.

I 'think' that tags are purely for HP.  They are invisible to Google.

1. Keith Engel profile image68

Just finished reading an article about that matter. It seems like tags can help and aasist though in the google search matter, not directly, but in sort of a side handed way. Personally, in some cases that google filters and tries to censor such matters as far as "bad" writing or whatever seems like they are trying to play judge jury and executioner,.instead of letting the searcher determine this.

Were you reading on other sites, or reading on HubPages?  HubPags tags are not the same as tags on a website or blog, and don't have the same purpose or effect.  Here, they're used to classify your Hubs and decide whether they appear as "related Hubs".

9. Daughter Of Maat profile image93

Hhhmm... I didn't realize I was over using words like that. I wonder which hub had the 46. The medical hubs are difficult to say "they" or something similar for a term that most people probably don't know, but I'll have to go through and edit. Thanks Mark for the heads up, I appreciate you taking a peek at my hubs! (It helped the view count I'm sure lol j/k)

"Vitamin E".

DoM - I don't KNOW anything, I'm guessing.  I read and watch the experts but I am not an expert.  You make your own decisions.

Keyword stuffing has been mentioned - enough times now - but it also goes hand in hand with 'natural language'.  So the read should be what the searcher would expect, not what the search engine bots need to read. That was the old SEO game.

If you think you have been slapped / slammed then you can either think there might be a reason for it and revise / edit / etc. or you can just say "Google is trying to get me"

Sorry to go on.  I am trying to help.

One more thing.  NEVER tell people you have been slapped, and never tell them your best or slapped article.  Because they will be copying it as soon as you have finished your post.

Oh yeah.  I do know a little because I recovered a slapped page by unkeywording it. I only had a few.  If you have a higher percentage Google just slams the lot - including the good.

Here's my slapped page.  Google didn't like it. I thought it was worth the effort to try to save it.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6572356_f248.jpg

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image95
            PaulGoodman67posted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1 Mark usually speaks (amusing) nonsense, but in this case, he's talking good sense methinks!  big_smile

(ps I am editing hubs myself at the moment after crashing!)

There is some good basic advice in the HP help for things to consider and try when your traffic hits the skids.  The advice from hubbers in the forums is very variable, some of it is very good and some is very bad!

Just curious, Paul.  You say you are editing your hubs.  What exactly are you doing?  I'm not even sure I have enough information at this point to know how to edit my hubs.  Best I can do is check for keyword density and add fresh content.

If we do this do we even know whether we will be still good to go? And how long would it even take before we know it's worked or not? From all the advice gven above I can see lots of ways to fix or amend my hubs but I wonder how long before my keywords allow my hubs to show again.

After you edit a Hub you can go to Google Webmaster Tools to submit it so it gets crawled again sooner. If you are not sure how to do this I have a Hub about how to submit URLs that takes you through each of the steps. (Sorry - I'm not allowed to put the link here for you.)

Is that the fetchbot option?

In Google Webmaster Tools under "diagnostics" click "fetch as googlebot" then fill in the remaining portion of your URL in the form. Next, click "fetch." When you see "success" with a green check mark next to your URL, click "submit to index."

This certainly isn't something you have to do normally, but I do like to do it when I make significant changes to a URL or time-sensitive ones in hopes that it will get crawled sooner. It usually does. You can read the Hub I wrote about it for more details.

2. Keith Engel profile image68

Who knows,.perhaps somebody will be more helpful instead of being a scared and secretive little, insert your own expletive.

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image93
          Daughter Of Maatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Mark!!!! big_smile I've actually been going through several of my hubs and I was surprised by how many times certain words appeared. When you're writing I guess you don't really notice those things. I reread them but I haven't done that in a couple months.

Thanks for letting me know, constructive criticism never hurt anyone and I'm new to the writing game so I need all the help I can get. I'm editing all of my hubs at the moment and checking them for too much repitiion. I may need to break the thesaurus!

Thanks again Mark, you were quite helpful! If you feel like you have any other knowledge stuffed in your brain that you'd like to get out, I'll happily take it off your hands for ya.

*grin*

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

46 mentions of a word might be OK if the Hub is long enough. The easiest way to check is to use a keyword density checker (Google, you'll find plenty). 

One possible problem is that medicine is a tricky subject in Google's eyes, and one where they're particularly keen to give priority to "authority" sites.  So in theory anyone who mixes up medical articles with other subjects is more likely to be downgraded. 

I say in theory, because I know Hubbers who write on a mix of topics including medical, and do OK.  So who knows?

On another note, I notice your blog is about weight loss.  That's a very saturated subject - if you're doing it for fun and for your own motivation, that's fine, but I'd be surprised if you do well with it.  Have you thought about creating a blog on your own expertise?  If you buy a domain name that reflects your topic, make an "about me" page with you in a white coat and detailing all your qualifications, you'd have the potential to create something with authority.  PM me if you need some help.

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image93

Thanks Marisa, the blog is actually more of an online journal for me, and I haven't really devoted too much time to it. I'll be writing for a new ezine in the coming month as an authority, so that might actually help, although it's not my domain, I'll be listed on it. I'm not sure if that will help or not but it will create some backlinks. The hub with the 46 occurrences was actually a shorter one, and one of my first hubs published, so of course it had a ton of not only keyword errors but grammar mistakes!

My traffic actually seems to be going up. Although I can't make sense of one thing. Google analytics says x number of people have visited the site today, but if I check the hubpages traffic statistics it doesn't agree with google. So, I don't know which one I should pay attention to, I'm so confused lol. Both sites say traffic has increased today, so I guess it doesn't matter. Traffic is traffic right? lol

10. David 470 profile image82
      David 470posted 11 years ago

I'm not entirely sure why my traffic has fallen so badly because I believe my rankings are the same, but I only checked certain hubs.

Normally my traffic is high on the weekends, but now, my weekend traffic is equivalent to my Weekday traffic! sad

Not sure what is going to happen when I write new hubs. I am planning some new ones soon.

Google is really starting to confuse me. Too many innocent people are getting hurt, while they are trying to punish the spammers etc..

I'd like to say that I do not keyword stuff my hubs, but make sure certain keywords appear in the hub enough times so that it will be indexed well.

11. janderson99 profile image53
      janderson99posted 11 years ago

Not quite sure if this is related but it may be a cause for concern that GP staff can look at.

In G webmasters central there was a sudden surge of URL crawl errors reported from the beginning of April (total of 717) in my main sub. Some are no longer valid (temporary fail to find) but most are of this type

hub/health/quality-of-life-and-wellness/personal-development/How-to-Improve-Concentration-Increase-Brain-Power-and-Memory

This can't be good if it applies to most authors = huge pile of broken links

Sorry the image is small - errors start 31 March and finish 7 April - most links as above still don't work.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6572860_f248.jpg

1. Daughter Of Maat profile image93

I notice that too, and I'm not sure if it hit me at all, although the majority of my hubs are on health. I noticed the crawl errors were the wrong addresses to hubs. There's an extra word in there. I wonder if it would affect traffic now? I'm assuming not because google probably fixed it. It was odd thought that all of a sudden the url was wrong. Weird... it's google, go figure

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)