How many hubbers have met other hubbers in person?

Jump to Last Post 1-49 of 49 discussions (86 posts)
  1. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Just curious if any geographic neighbors have made arrangements to meet in person.  I've discovered a few hubbers here in the pacific northwest, so it got me wondering.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
      Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Also, maybe we should have a huge HubPages conference or something? That would be pretty wild, eh? We've talked about it, but it would be pretty tough considering that we're all over the world. But, even if we got only 30-50 to show up it would still be pretty awesome. smile

1. profile image0
        wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd go, but I don't have that far to travel.  I think it would be a blast to see the office and meet other hubbers.  Oh yeah, and the staff.  smile

2. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I met the original HubPages team in SF in Oct 2007, and also met somelikeitscott in Vegas that same month.

3. Hawkesdream profile image65
    Hawkesdreamposted 14 years ago

not a one, but would like the opportunity.

4. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

I personally know one of my fans. but I knew her before hub pages, so that doesnt count does it?

1. profile image0

Might have to say "no" on that one.  I'll give you 1/2 a point.  smile

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

awww..THANKS!!!!

1. profile image0

You're welcome, it almost counts.

5. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

That's really cool.  Did you get a tour of the office?  Sounds interesting, Relache.

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've got the story and a picture here, http://hubpages.com/hub/relache

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

We met with Jenny (Inspirepub) when she was visiting DC last year, and had a great time together smile

1. profile image0

I was thinking this must happen fairly often.  It must be a little weird at first.  You feel like you know them, but you really don't.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not really. But we had a lot of communication outside HP, including on webcam. smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
          Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah!  Say no more... wink

1. anjalichugh profile image69
            anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh please give him (Misha) a break!

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We also had Jenny into the office when she was here in San Francisco.  Had a great Thai lunch, and she hung out and played on the forums at my desk after I left the office.  It's a lot of fun to meet the people behind the usernames, so to speak.

Unfortunately, Relache visited before I was hired on as a member of the team.

1. profile image0

That gives me another reason to want to go to San Francisco.  I've been dying to visit SF for a while now.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
          Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We'd be happy to give you a tour of our (very small and unexciting) office, and have lunch or something.  Just let us know if you actually plan a trip!

1. profile image0

Thanks, Maddie, will do.  You might have wanted to pump it up a little more, but I'm okay with small and unexciting. smile I will however always get excited about a meal.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
              Ryan Hupferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fixed. smile

1. profile image0

NICE, Ryan.  Thanks for the fix.

7. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I know Cherish in person and several people that went to school in Lake Arrowhead have commented on my hubs about the mountain.  One is living in Alabama and I have never met him, but it was pretty freaky being able to talk about certain places we were both familar with.

8. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

there are a lot of peoople on here I would love to meet, but nearly everyone is miles and miles away from me...

9. Ryan Hupfer profile image61
    Ryan Hupferposted 14 years ago

A brand new Hubber named Annette just stopped by the office today for a little one-on-one HubPages tutorial from me. smile

I think that's the first time this has ever happened, but it was pretty awesome hanging out with her while she was here. She lives only about 3 blocks away.

This is me, Frank and Annette. smile

http://hubpages.com/u/1292047_f520.jpg

10. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

Ive met BadCo a few times, cant hold his drink smile

1. dwilliamson profile image60
      dwilliamsonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

CabinGirl are you sure about that I've heard that underneath that pirate attire BadCo is a pretty decent guy (hey but we'll let that be our secret). In fact he is one hubber I would love to meet in person. I'd also like to meet sufidreamer too and there is one little hubber here that I know personally because I gave birth to her. JLHanna is my daughter. She has been on hubpages for two weeks now.

2. goldentoad profile image60
      goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would act passed out too if I had to hang out with you longer than I have to.

1. profile image49
        CabinGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Watever Toad Boy, your name so suits you now do me a favour and hop it you hobbit smile

1. goldentoad profile image60
          goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard you need a chiropractor.

3. beautyrose profile image60
      beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why are you neighbors? lols

11. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I think it would be cool to have a Hubber Conference to meet anyone who could make it!

12. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

I met my spouse online, but not through Hubs, does that count??

13. profile image0
    helenathegreatposted 14 years ago

A conference would be great!  I would definitely go if I had the opportunity.

14. dineane profile image83
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

I think a conference sounds fun, too! Just please give me plenty of planning (i.e., saving $) time!

15. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 14 years ago

I have personally known and have met 2  of my own referrals, healwell51 and SaurabhG.

But i have known them before joining HubPages.

16. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 14 years ago

I haven't met anyone in real. I'd really like to meet Indian hubbers, I'm from South India smile

1. packerpack profile image60
      packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey I too am in south India... Chennai.... that is cool...

1. beautyrose profile image60
        beautyroseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

maybe the best way to meet a hubber is through yahoo messenger since most of us are very far a way and that is if they agree.
        Ooh I forgot I got telescope here so folks make a pose cause who knows I'll be seeing you. haha

17. fortunerep profile image67
    fortunerepposted 14 years ago

never met anyone in person, usually travel between NC and New York quite frequently, especially to DC  that's about it
    dori

1. Paper Moon profile image80
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

North Carolina?  You should meet up with.... Oh, that is you Dori.  Did not recognize the new avitar.

18. BundleBoy profile image71
    BundleBoyposted 14 years ago

I would love to meet Hubbers in Georgia, Anyone?

1. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, I live in Georgia...USA wink

1. vkent7441 profile image60
        vkent7441posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am in Atlanta as well.

19. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I know several on HP as they are my friends,
      However I have spoken to several HP buddies on the phone and hope to one day meet. smile
      My buddies you know who you are. smile

20. Paper Moon profile image80
    Paper Moonposted 14 years ago

We met GT once.  My wife threw a plate at him!

21. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

I've met TamCor....Dr. Larkin and Deece.....weird people!

1. TamCor profile image81
      TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't think I'd see this, did you??? 

BUSTED!!!!  lol

22. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

I met hubber in person  - met her many, many years ago, though, and she's the one who got me started on hub pages...but I guess that doesn't count, hey? lol - or do I get half a point, too? big_smile

23. Mezo profile image60
    Mezoposted 14 years ago

i haven't met anyone....mmmm am I the only Egyptian guy here!? looks like it...anyway i'll be happy to meet hubbers in real life, so if u are planning a tour to Egypt, just gimme a call wink tongue

24. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 14 years ago

I've met a couple that I knew from before HP...quarter points pretty please? tongue

1. profile image0

Giving 1/2 points for these situations, FP, so you have a total of one point.  I have none, absolutely nada...

1. profile image0
        Feline Prophetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't be disheartened...it's early days yet! And thanks for those points! smile

25. Paper Moon profile image80
    Paper Moonposted 14 years ago

I am sitting here with Frieda Babbley!

26. Shalini Kagal profile image53
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Tom and Paper Moon LOL big_smile

27. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I have met sangeetjass, naresh_19812000, pankaj3625, princeland, veena0606, subhasmittra personally as these are my friends and I told them to join hubpages as it is a very good site.

28. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 14 years ago

Well, my daughter, Dineane is a hubber. A writer I first met on a writer's forum, then we met in person a couple of times is Pacwriter, and I recuited my good friend Jackie Dove Miller who recently joined hubpages. I haven't met Rochelle in person but feel like I know her since we have been cyber-writer friends via two other writer forums for a few years.

We seem to be attracting more  NC writers everyday so who knows which ones I've passed in the mall and not known it;o)

1. LondonGirl profile image82
      LondonGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is an NC writer?

1. profile image0

North Carolina.

29. Ivorwen profile image67
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

I introduced my mom and sister to HP... but other than that, I don't think I've met any other hubbers.

30. HealthCare Basics profile image59
    HealthCare Basicsposted 14 years ago

None thus far, but I do get up to SF at least twice per year. Is that where the Hubpage corporate office is located ??

31. Connie Smith profile image81
    Connie Smithposted 14 years ago

I haven't met any, but would love to meet Jen's Solitude.  BC goes without saying.  LOL that he can't hold his drink, but maybe it is the Valium smile  The hubber from Egypt mentioned a tour for anyone there....probably won't get to Egypt, but fun to think about traveling around the world and meeting friends in far away places.

32. Lgali profile image56
    Lgaliposted 14 years ago

not any one yet but some email contacts

33. Connie Smith profile image81
    Connie Smithposted 14 years ago

Forgot to say that I would love to attend James Watkins White Summer concert this weekend in Michigan!  I really wish I could attend as I am so close right now in Ohio.

1. James A Watkins profile image85
      James A Watkinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do wish you would have attended.  We had a great time.  SEM Pro was there, so I can say I have met another Hubber in real life.  She is a very cool lady and I think she enjoyed my home town.

1. Connie Smith profile image81
        Connie Smithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure it was a great time, James!  There is always next year.  Glad someone got to make it this year.  Wonder if she is doing a hub about it for all of us who couldn't make it?

1. James A Watkins profile image85
          James A Watkinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do believe she is working on that!

34. Sunny Robinson profile image70
    Sunny Robinsonposted 14 years ago

Man, a Hubpages Conference!  I'm way over here in Tennessee.  I'd love to make that trip, though.  I imagine the fundraising for that one would be absolutely fun.

We could have a Hubber Day? big_smile My idea is that each area could have their own big Hubpage party where local hubbers can meet each other.  Hah, I actually considered doing a Hub MeetUp on meetup.com.  I'd still go for the one big conference idea, though.

So, no, I haven't met other hubbers.  I introduced a new hubber to the scene, but she refuses to make a hub yet.  Well, she's busy, I know. wink  We're both a NC native and she's still over there doing her busy business.

35. Bard of Ely profile image78
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I already knew CJ Stone and Mistyhorizon2003 if that counts and I invited them here!

36. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

I'm in Delaware.  I would love to meet other hubbers in person.  Maybe will could do a "Meet-up" at Dover Downs.

37. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I offered but nobody took me up on It ! Something about to awkward a moment.

38. vkent7441 profile image60
    vkent7441posted 14 years ago

I for one think it would be cool to meet other hubbers as i just enjoy meeting others... other people who write are on a level that is similar to the one I'm on and it's hard to find other writers to connect with.

39. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Hubbers are all too frightening for me. We're all a weird lot. Nobody would be able to get a word in edgewise I bet. But FYI Pest has a hubber meet planned at his place next July, 2010 over the 4th. All are welcome, must bring tent or camper.

40. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I would like to meet some hubbers in Delhi.

41. frogdropping profile image77
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I've met a few. They just don't know it.

I'm sneaky me smile

42. Jerilee Wei profile image67
    Jerilee Weiposted 14 years ago

I've said it before, I think there should be an annual conference (similar to the Maui Writer's Conference) and simultaneously regional conferences in various countries and states.  Maybe even a virtual conference for those who can't attend. 

The only hubbers I've met have been the two I'm related to -- mom and sister.

43. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

BlondePoet has met me in her dreams smile

44. Kylie Doak profile image60
    Kylie Doakposted 14 years ago

In March 2009, I met both Jodie and Jason Thompson (JasonandJodie), Ian Reeves - Jenny couldn't make it - (DreamOn) and Christine Robinson (C_Robinson) at the World Internet Summit on the Gold Coast here in Australia.  I also met three other fellow online buddies (who don't have HubPages accounts at this point in time) at the Summit.

It was wonderful meeting them all in person smile

45. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have personally met two other hubbers, but I do communicate with others by skype.

46. profile image0
    isis_dreams2002posted 14 years ago

i have met one and spotted another when out shopping

47. mattressnextday profile image40
    mattressnextdayposted 14 years ago

sad Didn't get a chance.. But would like to meet..

48. GeneralHowitzer profile image69
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

tonyparagas  he is a neophyte instructor in the institution we render our teaching skill, he is my recent friend and we're getting along well too hehehe, he just called me a brother and a bestfriend recently, nyahahaha I think thats not just cool but a total blast so as to speak. We share same passion in writing and in many things too, he is the one that inspired me to write here hehehehe.

49. Candie V profile image63
    Candie Vposted 14 years ago

I got to meet G-Ma Johnson!! Do I need to post a picture?

1. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YES! big_smile

I have not (to my knowledge) met any hubbers in the flesh, but hope to as I travel the world. In my dreams, I sail, bike, and drive all over the globe writing, drawing, taking photos, and interviewing Hubbers in their home habitats.
      Each Hubber could show me all the best things about their region and its people and together we'd write the coolest set of hubs about that place. Then, as much as it would be hard to part, I'd move along to the next Hubber and the next adventure.

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you ever show up in my part of the world, Id be more then happy to show you around the smallest town you ever saw!!  smile

2. Candie V profile image63
        Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I can't get it to load.. you're just gonna have to believe me!! We're also including Triplet Mom in our next lunch!! Ha!! We have a blast!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)