Your Thoughts on Karma?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (35 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

I am not perfect. I have made mistakes in the past and will continue to make mistakes. The object is to learn from the mistakes. I find it pretty amazing how much can be learned from mistakes when truly analyzed. I also believe Karma is reality. When I have made mistakes, I find it truly amazing that the mistake always comes back to me. Almost as if there is always payment for the mistake, one way or another. So, do you think Karma is reality or do you believe it's all just coincedence?

1. alekhouse profile image73
      alekhouseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I definitely think Karma is for real. It's happened too many times in and around my life for me not to believe in it.

2. Lady_E profile image61
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do.  Its one of the basic laws in life which is: You reap what you sow. (Good or bad)

3. Army Infantry Mom profile image60
      Army Infantry Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Karma makes the world go around for me !!! And it's not a bad ride,..

4. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

karma gotta love it! I hope so!

2. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

OH man. I believe in karma....do I ever...especially Instant Karma....so many times Ive said something snotty, instantly thought "I shouldnt have said that" and something happens. bad.
    What goes around comes around, Karma/God/coinicdence..I dont care..Im trying to stay on the right side of it!!

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol we share a common view. If it does really exist, I want to be on the good end.

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was 11 when I discoverd it. Me and some other kids that I didnt particularly like were discussing getting stung. I began to say in a really haughty voice."ive NEVER been..." thats as far as I got, a wasp flew out of the hollow bouncy horse I was about to sit on, stung me in the neck 3 times, the arm 6 times, my thigh twice and my ankle 5 times. I ended up sick from the stings.

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I just love your new avatar. Is it you there? smile

1. profile image0
        dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yup. thanks. that cat before wasnt me...  wink

3. marinealways24 profile image60

Painful lesson of how our mouths will somtimes write checks that bounce. lol

4. dishyum profile image58
    dishyumposted 14 years ago

Being good is good, at least we may care for our own conscience.

Excellent point to keep a "clean" conscious. Very important in the quest to live happy.

5. R. Blue profile image60
    R. Blueposted 14 years ago

I appreciate Karma....cause I try to do good things.

Good stuff Blue. Good is good. lol

6. profile image49
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

" What goes around comes around "

" You Reap what you Sow "

Karma exists and makes the above two saying so true, so true !

1. soni2006 profile image77
      soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree with these thoughts.

2. marinealways24 profile image60

Agreed.

7. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Karma is more complicated than most people think. It's more than, "I did a bad thing to someone, now someone will do a bad thing to me." You get a sense of this in the Biblical passage about the sins of the father being visited on the son. We are each born into a karmic world, tangled up in it from day one. We didn't cause every bad thing that happens to us--some of those things go way back in time to actions before our birth.

Karma just keeps us mindful that all of our acts matter. If anything, it should make people more reticent to act and more willing to meditate or be still, take more care with everything. smile

8. Ladybird33 profile image67
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I believe in Karma...always try to do good and always, always learn from my mistakes!  Great question!

Excellent perception, thanks for posting.

9. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Karma bites...usually someone in the butt who hasn't been paying attention to the negativity they are accruing though their daily interactions. The more we go through life disrespecting others and their points of view, and believing we are the center of the universe, the more negative energy we gain, and the more bad karma we earn.

Be nice, play fair, be respectful - good Karma much better.

Seriously though, my grandmother always used to say, "You cast your bread upon the waters, not hoping, only in faith and love. Some day, something will float back to you..." The caveat was that you would never know from what source your return would come, but eventually you would reap a suitable reward for whatever good or ill you had dispensed.

10. kmackey32 profile image65
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Oh boy do I believe in Karma. People in the past that i believed were not good people no longer exsist. lol

11. RKHenry profile image64
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Karma, yes.

12. marinealways24 profile image60

Thanks to everyone for posting. Would there ever be a way to prove karma?

13. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

you must remember,karma is just amrak spelled backwards and we all know what that means?...

lol clue me in, I have no idea what that means.

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

marine,its just like deja vue (I've been here before)and vue ju day(I've never been hear before).hope that clarifies it for you...feed your head...

14. Jodi Hoeksel profile image59
    Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years ago

I believe in Karma as a state of which we vibrate we recieve...

"What comes around goes around as well"

Though, don't wait and hope for it... live in the NOW! big_smile

15. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I don't believe in Karma.  Every disaster that has ever occurred in my life has occurred because I so steadfastly adhered to doing what was the right thing.    hmm  Really - I could write a whole book on all the times I did the right thing, only to have it turn disastrous.

1. Jodi Hoeksel profile image59
      Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not want come off all knowing... yet, i believe each moment we have the opportunity to change what we see in life.
      Books of knowledge are the best for me smile

2. marinealways24 profile image60

This could be perceived 2 ways. If the so called disasters wouldn't have happened, would you know what you know today? Would you be as strong as you are today? There is no disaster in our history if we learn from our history. All is relevant of who we are today.

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have to say that I was strong "going in" - so the disasters didn't do anything as far as that goes.  Would I know the rotten realities I know today?  Most likely not, but life would have been happier without them.  There are the useful (even if sometimes negative) things we learn, and then there is the useless stuff we'd be better off not knowing (or at least that are not of any particular use to us).

It's hard to debate your last comment because I agree with parts of it. Possibly you are holding a grudge at parts of life you had to endure and have not forgiven personal history? Maybe when you truly forgive and release the bad, you will logically understand reason for why things needed to happen they way they did. I don't know. Just throwing something out there.

3. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you got a very good point because no one welcomes disaster.
      To me Karma does not fit well in every aspect of life,it fits well only to "you reap what you sow" kind of scenario.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)