What team is the best team in the NBA?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (76 posts)
  1. isenhower33 profile image66
    isenhower33posted 11 years ago

Who do you think is the best team? And who do you think will take it all the way? Because the best team doesnt always win the championship

1. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The Lakers, with the addition of Howard and Nash, look like the best team to me, at least on paper. They of course have not yet played a game together. so we'll see. It took the Heat some time to jell together. What the Lakers have that the Heat don't is a real center.

isenhower33posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I def agree with you. The lakers are going to have a really dominate team. Some say including Nash will hurt Kobe's points but i see it helping Kobe out a lot. Nash with his great passing game and getting people open will help out alot. And nash can shoot so other teams also have to watch that too. And thats just mentioning just two players. Adding Howard is just crazy. Since Lakers have always been my team im setting pretty happy as of now. Thanks for the comment smile

Yeah, it will be real interesting to see how these guys play together. I'm not a Lakers fan. I don't really have a favorite team. I used to be a Cavs fan when they had LeBron and go to some games. Now  I root against the Heat.

Yea that whole Lebron move was pretty crazy. I understand his decision, but he'll never make it to Michael Jordan status. You can always root for indiana pacers now, their actually improving smile

1. CrisSp profile image73
              CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Raptors beat Pacers last night...sorry!

2. CrisSp profile image73
        CrisSpposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lakers in my opinion is one of the most powerful team in the NBA. They should be much more stronger now with Nash And Dwight...not sure though what is happening these day with 6 (or 7, is it) straight loss. I'm sure they'll pull the string back to the court.  I'm not a big fan of Kobe though (he's got attitude),  no doubt he's a great player but I love Nash and Dwight. (:

2. itsnocomparingme profile image60
      itsnocomparingmeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

BOSTON CELTICS IN MY OPINION!!!

3. the Blue sun profile image59
      the Blue sunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I like the Spurs, with the talent that they play and the patience of a champion.

1. profile image0
        number2sonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think that the best team is the Big Three (Miami Heat).  The second best team is the Thunder.  Just like last year, huh?

1. jcales profile image54
          jcalesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree except Bosh is a 1/2.  He is not even an all-star anymore in my opinion.

1. profile image0

You're right.  It is the Big Two now.  Mostly the Lebron show.

2. Darren Owens profile image60
        Darren Owensposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Spurs have been an elite team for a long time, and finally my Warriors beat them after losing 16 straight to them.

1. profile image0

Good for you.

2. ftclick profile image55
    ftclickposted 11 years ago

no, no, Noe fans will hate the Lakers (except Kobe) because they are also trying to buy a championship. How will it play out? Like 2004?  Like the Eagles? Like the Heat their 1st season?
    I still like the Heat this year. The Heat have a significantly better bench acquiring Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, Mike Miller, etc..

I think the Lakers are old and prone to injury. But even with 2 out of those 4 guys , it will be a challenge for any team. If you are a true sports fan, you cannot teach team chemistry and OKC has that for sure. The Lakers do not . I still favor OKC over them. Even OKC's bench is better than the Lakers.

Howard is over-rated and gets in foul trouble a lot, can't shoot FTs & coming off a back surgery too. Hack-a Howard.
    I saw him during my year stay in Tampa on TV and Bynum is a much better offensive player.
    The game has changed to favor guards and forwards. Centers are not what a team will build around so much.  You build around a Durant, Rose, LeBron, Kobe.
    Nash is the true significant upgrade to me. Can't say nuthin' bad about him. If that clicks well, it could be "we are the champions" songs again for LA.  It will be close that's for sure.

I think they'll do a lil better than what you make them out to be. Team chemistry is important but i think they'll have it being an older team. Great ball players can transition into team chemistry pretty well. And i think we're going to see a much better Howard than years past. He's on a winning team thats known for winning championships and getting good players so he's going to be a happy player. In orlando he was never happy with being there. Heck i really dont blame him too much. But i guess we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out. OKC are a really great team as well.

Kobe dominated when he had Shaq. Even though he's getting long in the tooth, I suspect he'll do the same with Howard. Nash will add even more to the mix. But they have to do it quick. This year, next year. They can't afford to fool around with it like the Heat did.

Yea they dont have too many more good years left in them. But im sure they will pick up some young guns to go along with them in the next few years as well. Howard is a dominate player when he wants to be.

3. jcales profile image54
    jcalesposted 11 years ago

"Howard is a dominant player when he wants to be" - ditto for Bynum.

Kobe did co-exist with Gary Payton in 2004 and they went to the finals and lost to the defensive beast, the Pistons . Shaq was coming off 3 finals MVPs the previous 3 years.

I don't think they'll see a dominant defense from the east or west so the path seems clear. My only concern is Nash's health (his back). So, offense is no problem, rebounding is no problem and the Heat will be a jump shooting team as will the Thunder.

Yea both players have been lazy over the last few years. And nope not too many good defensive teams, but Nash's health will be an issue. I hope he stays healthy so we can see some really fun games.

I think Kobe and Nash will motivate Howard to play better than he ever has before. It's not like he has played with Hall of Famers,  and now he has two of them. Nash will get Howard some easy baskets. He can't really create his own shots much. I think Howard is going to be a total beast and not just a guy who can block shots and dunk.

Yea i think the same. Should be an interesting season. Kobe is my fav player, and he always does pretty good every season. He still has plenty of seasons left in him. And Howard will play better than he ever has with having leaders like Nash and Kobe.

4. SoManyPaths profile image59
    SoManyPathsposted 11 years ago

All I know is the Lakers lost 2 games to OKC in the playoffs they could've won. Artest said it as well. They were winning that one game easily the whole way through into the 4th qtr.
    What were they doing? feeding Bynum in the post in the 1st half. But they went away from that in the 2nd half. Bynum is a great FT shooter & has a better post game by far.  All they needed was Nash as an upgrade, not Howard.

This is true, only thing i don't like about Bynum and Howard. Both of them acted like babies during the season. I hate seeing that from players that are making so much money in the NBA. But i agree with your post.

5. SoManyPaths profile image59

But one thing for sure. This will be one of the most exciting NBA seasons since the mid 90s. So many good teams to watch. It wont be "turrible" (as Barkley would say). I like it when really 3 or 4 teams could win it all (Heat, L.A., or OKC). Makes it more interesting. The Spurs are still tough but old. My sleeper team is Denver.

Yea the better the teams the more exciting and interesting it is smile NBA needs the excitement like College basketball has. Would like to see the love of the game with that passion in the NBA.

6. SoManyPaths profile image59

Did you look at the roster of the Nuggets and Clippers yet?  Wow!! These teams are loaded.

I can't wait until it gets started. Something to get excited about on non-football nights.

Hockey doesn't look too promising.

7. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

http://cuzoogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/raptorsdancepak-header.gif

That's why I'm exited.

See what I mean? I can't even spell excited I'm so excited.

Lol thats funny stuff lol

8. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Still the Lakers, full of talented players, but I like OKC, Kevin Durant!

Yea thats my team smile and OKC is going to be good for a while thats for sure...

9. kgMacke profile image60
    kgMackeposted 11 years ago

I have to agree with you only that the best team at the beginning of the season isn't the one the has the best team. A lot of people forget about the Bulls. And, ya, I know they don't have a large number of superstars, but they could definitely play as a team. They proved that many times by winning continuously when D Rose was out with an injury. Granted, they would not win a championship without Rose, but if Rose hadn't had the season ending injury, they would've given the Heat a better run for their money (And, yes, I'm a Bulls fan).

I constantly get a bunch of crap for this since I live in Ohio, but the best team at the end of last season, WAS the Heat. And, I'm happy that LeBron finally got his. They do lack a center, but the addition of Ray Allen!..standby for a repeat. I'm rooting for the Bulls, betting on the Heat.

10. SoManyPaths profile image59

It has been proven a few times. You put two superstars together in the NBA and they win it all. Not just all-stars. Magic/Kareem and some all-stars (Worthy & Scott), MJ/Pippen & a great supporting cast,  Kobe/Shaq (+Horry & supporting cast), KG,Pierce,Allen,Rondo, now LeBron & Wade,
    Wade was NOT playing 100% last year b/c of injuries. So, expect him to be his old self this year. Now they get Allen and Rashard Lewis off the bench & ?? Miami still needs a rebounder off the bench.
    L.A. still has no bench unless you are a huge Steve Blake fan. Can L.A. play as a true team like the Cs did? With Nash and Gasol being as unselfish as they are, I think so. So, we have 4 solid teams (L.A., OKC Chi-town and Miami)  And don't dismiss the hungry Clippers/Nuggets/& Spurs.
    One of them could take out OKC or Lakers if they play lights out. The Clips are 9 or 10 deep. Don't underestimate them with a healthy Chris Paul,an improving Griffin and their 2nd unit.

11. GStamp profile image60
    GStampposted 11 years ago

If the Heat had a true Center it wouldn't even be close

I think you're right.

Well, I think I'll check out the Lakers tonight against the Spurs.

I'm interested to see what they do with D'Antoni in charge.

1. SoManyPaths profile image59
        SoManyPathsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

C'mon man. Lakers have old guys in 4 of 5 positions in starting line-up and on the bench. Dream teams tend to never excel.
        Miami has 2 1/2 superstars,. L.A. has 3 former MVPs but 3 of the starters are old and Artest just turned 33.  It won't be the same starting 5 next year,. Gasol and Artest will be out along with a younger bench. Kobe is still 27 yrs old b/c he is not from this world.

I didn't get to see the Lakers game last night. Apparently it wasn't on the NBA channels.

But I have to believe the Lakers would have been better off running the Triangle with Phil Jackson rather than D'Antoni's system where you keep the big guys out of the lane. Doesn't make much sense to me when you got Howard and Gasol.

12. Drive-by Quipper profile image57
    Drive-by Quipperposted 11 years ago

Pittsburgh.

Let me make this perfectly clear.

C'mon man. It's Pittsburgh. Six dances with Tiffany. Bling, baby, bling.

1. Drive-by Quipper profile image57
        Drive-by Quipperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What? Tiffany? Bling?

13. SoManyPaths profile image59

Lakers seem to be back in the mix but they played nobody so far(except San Antonio & lost)
    Yes, the Clippers and Grizzlies are for real. OKC too. 
    Durant got a triple-double expanding his game. So, Kobe got one too the same night.
    Carmelo had 29pts and "0" assists. Now that's a "C'mon Man". And with all those shooters in NY (Felton, Novak, JR Smith) . They do a lot better w/o Amare. He's gone in my opinion.
    What a season people!!

14. profile image52
    larry089posted 11 years ago

For 2013 i think it will be Miami heat most of the team player has an injury and it is an advantage to them.

1. profile image0

We'll see.  I think that they are the best team in the NBA too.

15. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Unless LeBron breaks a leg it is difficult to believe they are not a lock to repeat. Especially after the way he and the Heat played against the Thunder last night.

1. profile image0

I know.  It seems like they might be right about the "Not one.....".  I can't believe it!  One of the dumbest things ever said in sports, actually coming true?!

16. healthyfitness profile image72
    healthyfitnessposted 11 years ago

The Heat are currently. The Spurs and Thunder are a close second, but the Heat have momentum and....Lebron James lol

1. profile image0

Yes, that is probably right.

17. Alphadogg16 profile image84
    Alphadogg16posted 11 years ago

Its hard to say....theres alot of parity right now......The Heat look good, Spurs look good.....Clippers & Thunder also......I think its up in the air right now......really not one dominate team.

1. profile image0

Yes, but Lebron is playing his best, and it just looks like he is poised to repeat.

18. jcales profile image54
    jcalesposted 11 years ago

For me it is the Heat or Spurs. OKC will play the same way against Spurs in the playoffs but Popovich will do something different to beat them this time.With Miami's great defense, I see them winning again.

19. Breatheeasy3 profile image61
    Breatheeasy3posted 11 years ago

This is a very good question. I'm a Knick fan, but have to give it up to Miami for their run. I do, however, like okc and think that they have the poise it takes right now. It's pretty tough

20. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Right now, Miami. I like OKC because of KD :-)

21. SoManyPaths profile image59

watch out for that upset team, the Pacers. They play Miami very well. I'll still side with Miami. I am a Pat Riley fan since his Laker & Knicks days.

1. profile image0

The Pacers are a tough team.  I still think that it is Miami.

22. SoManyPaths profile image59

I told you about the Nuggets people. I know its only reg. season though.

1. profile image0

They are very good, and very hot, but the Heat are better, and hotter than the Nuggets.

23. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73

Heat should cruise through the playoffs if they play like they are now and have no significant injuries.

I think the teams in the west will beat up on each other in the playoffs, thus making it easier for the Heat to repeat as champions.

So the Heat are clearly the best team until somebody proves otherwise.

24. Alphadogg16 profile image84

There really isn't a "best" team.....there are several very good teams......no one team is dominate....The Clippers had their hot streak, as well as the Spurs & Thunder, now its the Heat & the Nuggets......Who ever is hot and healthy come June......is the best team.

25. Alphadogg16 profile image84

They Heat look very good.....but most of the teams on their win streak are weaker teams......Honestly the Nuggets streak is more impressive because their games have been against contenders.

26. billypetty22 profile image61
    billypetty22posted 11 years ago

its not even a question. With the Miami Heat making history winning 22 games in a row (about to win 23rd) they are a very consistent team, and answering your question the best. The only teams that can match up with them would be the Pacers, or the Thunder. Any other team could steal a couple games from them, but not beat them four out of seven games in the playoffs. Once they figured out that it was Lebron's team and not Wade's they took off. This year they acquired more role players like Ray Allen for threes and Chris Anderson for defensive purposes. Mario Chalmers has also blossomed into a nice three point shooter as well. I don't see them being stopped for a few more years until Lebron is a free agent

1. profile image0

You're probably right about that.

27. SoManyPaths profile image59

@Adogg, the Nuggets have beaten good teams but the Heat dominated the Thunder recently, dominated the Pacers, and beat the rest. They are just cruising through in 3rd or 4th gear, once playoffs start, even more defensive intensity. I like George Karl & the Nuggets' roster. I always thought they got the better deal in the Melo trade. Gallinari, Chandler, & Mozgov,  plus they already had McGee, Lawson, Andre Miller, and rising star Fareed. The Lakers were getting hot at the right time but with Kobe not 100% I don't think they'll go too far.

1. profile image0

Yes, the Heat are the heavy favorites right now.

28. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73

I watched the Heat and Cavs last night and the Heat again impressed me with coming back from 27 points down in the game and barely winning after stopping the Cavs when ahead by 1 with 27 seconds left and the Cavs with the ball.

Actually, it was a very intense game and the Cavs players and fans were really into it, despite having an obviously inferior team.

1. profile image0

Yes, it was a great comeback, but no, it wasn't a great win.  The one thing it does show me about the Heat, is that even when they are having a really bad game, they can find a way to win.  That's one of the marks of a champion.

29. Alphadogg16 profile image84

It was a nice comeback.....but impressive? not really. The Cavs are missing their top 3 scorers/players, they should have never been up by 27 in the first place, especially against the Heat. They made an epic comeback against a weak team missing its 3 best players.

1. profile image0

I agree for the most part.

30. SoManyPaths profile image59

As a fan, all teams have off nights in a half or the whole game. It's a road game and you're the defending champs. Every team will give their best effort. Lakers lost by 20+ to the Suns (on the road). The wizards were playing some good ball for a stretch not too long ago. No team can be taken for granted. A good win is a playoff race win or a win in the playoffs. The Thunder lost to a mediocre team recently. There is no gimme. The Lakers came back from 25 down against Charlotte, the Heat came back from 27 down. Bad teams don't do this. True contenders do. A healthy Lakers roster could play this Heat team in the finals. I'd give it to the Lakers if all players are healthy since their bench has gotten better (Earl Clark or Gasol, Blake, Jamison, maybe Jordan Hill will be back too) L.A. has played OKC and the Spurs pretty tough. Imagine D'antoni with a ring. Now that's some weird ____

1. profile image0

I still think that the Heat would win, and probably will win the NBA Championship this year.

31. bisnar6665 profile image61
    bisnar6665posted 11 years ago

Although the Lakers have struggled throughout the season, including tonight where they lost to the Wizards, they are still going to win the championship. Heat fans grab your pacifiers, its gonna be a rough post season. Lakers in 6.

1. profile image0

I'm a 76ers fan, and am just stating the obvious.  However, games still have to be played, so we'll see what happens.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)