This Moment in Time May Never Happen Again...Hubber Score of 100!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (36 posts)
  1. agilitymach profile image93
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

As I suspect this will be a very, very brief blip, I wanted to celebrate my Hubber Score of 100 with a thread.  In an hour or so, I'm sure this score will be gone.

In the meantime...

WOOT!!

Now back to your regularly schedule forum.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nice on agilitymach - I have managed to get 99 a couple of times but oh my goodness - such a tantalising tease ismy Hubber Score and thus far, that elusive 100 has so far evaded me.   Congratulations, I am sure you will see if many more times.

2. profile image52
      ksw63posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations. I try to first .

3. cperuzzi profile image91
      cperuzziposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!  Keep your posts regular and your hubs good and you can keep it for a while.

4. AMFredenburg profile image73
      AMFredenburgposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congrats!

5. jericho911 profile image57
      jericho911posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Awesome job ! I've never been north of 94 !  i'm jealous ! lol

agilitymachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I may have told you this, jericho911, but I have a dog named Jericho.  I love that name. smile

6. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8183969_f248.jpg

Much happiness for you and  heartfelt congratulations!

Oooo!!!  A picture congrats!!!  Thanks. smile

7. marieryan profile image72
      marieryanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I can't help but notice that I'm commenting 17 hours after your post.....but yes, it's ok..... you are still up there at the pinnacle. I can only say that you are my heroine......
      Of course, you know that it really shouldn't matter....but oh yes, it DOES!
      Congratulations! smile

LOL!!!  Thanks!!  I'm surprised it's been 17 hours.  I'm expecting it to dip at any second. big_smile

2. Carola Finch profile image92
    Carola Finchposted 10 years ago

Congratulations.  I remember the first time it happened to me.  I find my score fluctuates quite a bit from 100 down to about 94 or so and then back up again. Celebrate and no worries - it will come back up if you keep publishing and participating in our community.

Thank you!!!  Mine has always ranged about 94 to 99, but I never reached the elusive 100 mark.  I noticed today my Google traffic has increased.  Probably a blip, but it might be the last link for the 100 mark. smile

3. Tyler Bracken profile image60
    Tyler Brackenposted 10 years ago

Congrats! I think the highest I have ever managed to get was 94, possibly 98, once or twice.. smile

4. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 10 years ago

That is awesome. Congratulations.

5. Gail Meyers profile image65
    Gail Meyersposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!

6. Woodmckinney profile image67
    Woodmckinneyposted 10 years ago

Woo!! Congrats! Lets try to keep the thread going ( maybe you'll keep the rating longer!) and keep some awesome comments and hubs coming!!

7. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Im sorry for the shameless plug, but I have a little poll on one of my hubs concerning the hubber score. "Superego." Vote on it if you'd like. smile

8. agilitymach profile image93

Thanks everyone!!!  It's kinda of all of you to drop in and celebrate with me!!! big_smile

That should be "kind of"  not "kinda of."  I wonder if my hubber score will drop for a typo? :0

9. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 10 years ago

Yippee for you this is fabulous and I am envious already!!

10. BNadyn profile image80
    BNadynposted 10 years ago

That is something to be excited about, congrats to you!!  Mine has gone down since I haven't been as active as usual so I will have to work on that.  Great job smile

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
      Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The same thing has been happening to me the last few weeks. I've been here for 2 yrs. and always got about 94-97, or 99, but that elusive 100 stayed that way. The first time it happened, I took a screen shot! But it's happening more now. Honestly though, I think I get more traffic when the score is lower, though I guess the 4th of July weekend was slow with people on vacations or having plans. Congrats!

11. susi10 profile image96
    susi10posted 10 years ago

Wow, well done agilitymach! That is an excellent achievement, you must have worked so hard to reach the grand score of 100, I am at score of 98 now, the highest I have ever had. ". Enjoy the fame!! smile

12. kthix10 profile image77
    kthix10posted 10 years ago

WhooHOO! mine just dropped back to 98 after being a 100 for a few days - i kept checking back to see if it was still 100. Usually I get a day here or there of a 100.

13. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 10 years ago

Congratulations of course.  It is a great feeling.  I remember quite clearly how excited I was when I first reached a hundred.  "Wife of mine" I called, "Regard my hubscore before you return to your chores".  She was impressed by my achievement and asked if we would be able to afford fresh radishes in future.  I said it was not about the money but was the beginning of our long climb out of poverty.

I was wrong.  Since then my score has steadily declined and I have lost three followers.  My knee hurts like hell and I have started smoking again.  I don't blame HubPages for this, much, but the false hope that drove me to buy a sports car I couldn't afford, and yes, some fresh radishes as well - was a fools dream.

Now I mostly sit and stare at people as they pass the trailer.

Anyhow - sorry to go on.  Enjoy the 100!

I felt sorry for you and was about to become one of your few followers, but alas, when one's follower number is listed in Ks, the other ceases to feel sorry for the one's knee pain and trailer view. wink

Still, the stick men are very funny....

And thank you!!!!  Perhaps an accolade, which I know is also monetarily useless, would be nice when a hubber score reaches 100.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, an accolade would be good for that magic moment and ignore my cynicism.  As for the followers there must have been a rush on.  I had 47 yesterday and then I posted a picture of a cat's rear end - since then it's been mad I tell you.

I'm stuck between 96 and 97 followers here on Hubpages.  I had no idea a cat's rear end was the ticket to the K followers!!!!  I'm thinking that may be even more successful to all my dog friend followers on FB.

2. toptengamer profile image86
      toptengamerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Haha Mark - you should try some of your wit on YouTube

14. Kathryn Stratford profile image91
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

Congrats! It can take a lot to get to that point. I got a 100 once, and it lasted a couple of days, I think. Enjoy your 100, and thanks for sharing your achievement with us!
    ~ Kathryn

15. SpaceShanty profile image94
    SpaceShantyposted 10 years ago

Nice!

16. agilitymach profile image93

Thank you everyone again!!  It's true that the Hubber Score has little meaning between 94 and 100, but it's nice to see I'm not the only one who had been (or is) frustrated with the achieving of it. big_smile

17. To Start Again profile image70
    To Start Againposted 10 years ago

Congratulations!! big_smile

18. MPG Narratives profile image59
    MPG Narrativesposted 10 years ago

Well done and enjoy it. Don't worry it will happen more than once and it will feel great every time. big_smile

19. Cynthianne profile image61
    Cynthianneposted 10 years ago

Congratulations! big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)