What The Hub? Facebook Community Page Now Open

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (84 posts)
  1. Suzanne Day profile image94
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Just started up a community page for hubbers called "What The Hub?" for really cool hubs that deserve to see more likes on Facebook!

Feel free to post your own or someone else's hub.

★★★ POSTING RULES ★★★

1. The posted item must be a hub, published at Hubpages.

2. Please like the page before posting.

3. The posted hub must be cool, witty, funny, interesting or weird and of interest to the general public (no historical, religious or informational hubs unless they are FUNNY or AWESOME). Recipe, poem, story and tutorial hubs are allowed if they are AMAZING and UNIQUE.

4. This page is moderated, so your post will appear as soon as the moderator checks your hub fits the rules.

Visit it: https://www.facebook.com/pages/What-The … 81?fref=ts

1. The Examiner-1 profile image59
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Suppose that you are not a FB member? How do you check?

Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can read but not post if you are not a FB member.

If you are wondering how I check the FB posts, I visit an activity log on the page and it shows me who has posted what. I have a look and see if it is appealing to all and sundry and if it is, I change the status to public.

Well, you said in the first post "Visit it: (FB  URL)" Since I have never been on FB, I just automatically thought that meant checking it.

Oh OK. I guess I meant "visit the page", but you can still read the page without joining Facebook if you want to.

Okay, thanks. I did not know that since I have never been there.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is an absolutely awesome idea! Love it. Bookmarked the link. I'll contribute one masterpiece a week until I run out. big_smile

Good one, thanks!

3. angryelf profile image90
      angryelfposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello Suzanne! I liked it! I saw your post on my group page smile If you haven't used scheduled posts, I think they will be of great advantage to you. I also have another great idea for hubbers who do use FB actively. For those of us with large, niche specific pages, we can share each others content. For example, I have a large animal lover's page (and blog). The page has about 5,800 fans. I don't know if any other hubbers have large fan pages- but that is a good idea! We all need a bit of SEO, and what better way to do it than with clean, non-spammed, social & blog networks? We're ALL writers with trusted accounts.

Thanks AngryElf, was thinking along those lines myself of creating niche pages but haven't yet because there is only one of me! Yes, definitely go there wink

Will check out scheduled posts, never heard of it but would probably come in handy.

4. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Okay . . . Liked and looking forward to the adventure with this venture in sharing, writing, and authoring smile Cool . . . a marvelous idea and unique too!

5. Writer Fox profile image34
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well, now you've gone and done it Suzanne.  I can see that I'm going to have to start using Facebook.  I really do get a lot of Facebook likes on my Hubs – several thousand – but they've all come from 'the kindness of strangers.'  Facebook is a great marketing tool for people who have time to play the game.  The two big viral Hubs on HP in December earned thousands of dollars and it was all due to Facebook!  Thanks for starting the page.

Thanks Writer Fox! I usually post at company pages and have received tons of likes that way, but when I'm on Facebook, I'd like to take a break from all the boring marketing and read something of value and use in what I am doing (ie Hubpages stuff).

6. drpennypincher profile image86
      drpennypincherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am not an experienced Facebook user, but I'll give this a try.  Thanks for setting this up!

7. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What a neat thing to do, Suzanne! I think this is a great idea and a very nice thing to organize for your fellow Hubbers. smile

It was easy! Though now I will need to be committed for awhile as page admin etc...... wink Other people might be interested in starting up niche pages, like an arts page, or a gardening page etc the same way. The idea came to me because the weird and funny hubs need a fair few likes and shares to get started, then they take off (that's what I've seen anyway).

1. Christy Kirwan profile image93
          Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Here's hoping for more viral hits!

Cheers Christy wink

8. Mark Johann profile image61
      Mark Johannposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am in. I like the idea. Now, please consider few of my hubs. Thank you Suz!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Sounds cool...I'm in.

Great FatFreddysCat! The idea for this page came to me when I was sorting through a heavy newsfeed full of informational, crappy and sales hubs and wished I had something a bit more exciting to comment on for the day. Here, I hope we can build a page which has stuff worth sharing around on Facebook and get the cool hubs some more likes and shares etc.

1. Jodah profile image90
        Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good initiative Suzanne. I'm sure it will take off.

Thanks Jodah. I'll probably have to calm down and allow only a few posts a day to prevent overspamming FB newsfeeds, so let's see how it goes. Gives me something to do at work besides working too.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

Thanks for doing this, Suzanne ... I have a few humor hubs that normally get very few views.

4. AliciaC profile image94
    AliciaCposted 9 years ago

Thank you for establishing this page, Suzanne. It sounds very interesting.

5. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 9 years ago

Neat Idea smile Thanks I liked it smile

6. Suzanne Day profile image94

Thank you to all that have replied. If people "like" the main page, then you'll be able to see the new posts in your Facebook Home Page Feed. I'll be making sure the posts are weird, funny and interesting with no boring ones wink

Feel free to click "like" on anything or comment. I will be running some campaigns to get outsiders to enjoy our action too.

7. Suzanne Day profile image94

By popular request, we have now extended WTH to be on Google Plus as well!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities … 5838626909

Good. I am on there. :-) Can I post a Hub to that?

Yes, just read the rules! On the right hand side. Don't forget to +1 someone else's post too.

I always read the rules. That is what I meant, someone else's Hub.

Yeah, someone else's hub is fine.

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years ago

Well the Hubs on the site so far are entertaining and fun as well as odd, so I like it all. Thanks for some refreshing activity!

Thanks Patty, I am scheduling them now, thanks to AngryElf's tip, so that they turn up throughout the day so whenever people logon, they might catch one wink

9. luciano63 profile image62
    luciano63posted 9 years ago

great idea thanks!

10. Dorsi profile image86
    Dorsiposted 9 years ago

I'm in! Thanks for making the page, we writers need all the good promotion we can get :-) And sharing is caring :-)

11. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

I just tried to post my latest Hub on the page and got an error message that sez "Sorry, your wall post could not be added at this time. Please try again later."

...wazzup with that? Anybody else have this experience?

I think that she told me that we were only allowed to post others Hubs, not our own.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image94
        FatFreddysCatposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The "rules" on the top of their FB page say "Feel free to post your own or someone else's Hub."

(shrugs)  I'm not losing sleep over it, I was just wonderin'.

I think that I was wrong. I checked back after I posted the previous comment and she did not really say that to me. Sorry. It must have been an error, try again.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
            Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have gotten this message too.
            However, I think it's because the moderator has to approve the entry before it shows up. I have just let mine sit and,usually within a few minutes it, has been accepted.

Are you telling me that you received the same message as FatFreddysCat? If you are then you should be replying to him.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
                Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

OK

Edi: I tried to reply to FFC-- but hub pages saidd I had already  posted a similar message. I'll try to be more careful next time,

If you have trouble again then I will tell him about it.

Hi everyone, unaware of this message. But I can see that people are trying to post their hubs multiple times, so I think that it is a Facebook glitch and even though it says it won't do it, it is sending it to me. Please post once and if your hub doesn't appear within the next 2 days, just email me from Hubpages with your post. I am receiving lots of hubs now, so I suggest it does work, just has the strange message on it.

UPDATE: I have amended the posting rules bit to indicate the weird message is normal.

2. Jodah profile image90

I get that message every time, just ignore it and in a couple of minutes your hub appears on the left of page. Probably just because it needs to be approved.

12. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 9 years ago

This is pretty cool smile everyone should check it out smile

13. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Ah well. When I write a funny page I might have a go at it.  Facebook you say?

Never heard of it.

1. jantamaya profile image61
      jantamayaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

WOW!
      Condolences?
      Amazing, at least.

14. My Bell profile image94
    My Bellposted 9 years ago

I liked it! I'm a new Hubber here and will definitely write something that is worthy of posting on your FB page! I've only published 3 hubs so far and am looking to publish a few centered around the Memorial Day holiday for this weekend so I'll think about submitting one of those for you. Thanks!

15. suziecat7 profile image76
    suziecat7posted 9 years ago

It's a great idea. I liked and tried to add a Hub but it wouldn't let me. sad  It said try again later.

This is a standard notice from Facebook for this type of wall. Yes you have submitted. Don't worry about it, it is scheduled, I can see it. Don't forget to like some other hubs while you're there!

16. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

I have just perpetrated my contribution for the week there. big_smile

Received & scheduled. Good effort!

17. paradigmsearch profile image61

Just keeping this thread active.

Just made my contribution there for the week. Hope I get a good time slot.

Found and posted. Unfortunately there is only one page admin and I'm based in Australia. You're quite welcome to help me with the project by becoming an admin if you like!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This thread got messed up somehow. I keep getting "post not found" or some such. Thanks for the admin idea. I'm already overwhelmed by other "admin" on my plate. As an example, excepting for clicking the occasional Like, I've already pretty much given my own FB account a fond farewell; haven't followed anyone in months over there. Hopefully, you can find someone as equally cute and fuzzy as I am. big_smile

Yes you are cute and fuzzy! Just feel free to post weird and funny stuff at What The Hub and shovel a few likes on there as well (people from here seem to "like" when you like it too). I've scheduled in more for this week, seems putting them up 1-2 times a day is adequate as more than that seems too much for the audience. So I will work with that pattern.

18. 101Ways2Life profile image81
    101Ways2Lifeposted 9 years ago

Hi Suzanne,
    Great initiative. With so many Hubbers on Facebook, we can all benefit from each other's captive audience there. Thanks for the great work.

19. jantamaya profile image61
    jantamayaposted 9 years ago

Susanne Day,
    you've made my day
    great idea
    I think

20. Suzanne Day profile image94

Thanks everyone, it's chugging along!

21. Kathleen Odenthal profile image87
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years ago

Great idea Suzanne! A way for us all to help each other get more traffic! Im in!

22. SolveMyMaze profile image50
    SolveMyMazeposted 9 years ago

Great idea, Suzanne! This is an excellent way for others who may not come up on our homepage feed to have their hubs read by us (and ideally make a nice profit from it too).
    Thanks for setting this up!

23. joween18 profile image82
    joween18posted 9 years ago

Perhaps you could use some likes? Hehe This is an awesome idea indeed.. Am I allowed to promote my own hubs here? or can make me an admin? hehe

Plus, I invited all my friends to like the page, and gonna promote it on a group as well.. smile

Lastly I also noticed that the page URL is not optimized,
    you may want to change it to
    https://www.facebook.com/what-the-hub
    if you wanted to... well, when this page reached 100 Likes.. smile

Well I could just buy heaps of likes, but that is not what I intend. I plan to run some campaigns on it to get the public on, but it will take time etc. as it is a slower process plus I've been busy working at nights as well as days.

Thanks for the heads up and promotion! You can promote your own or other's hubs as long as they are weird, funny or of interest to the public (but nothing too ordinary please).

Yes, if you want to become an admin and help me out with posting scheduled posts from the activity log, you can. Can you message me from Hubpages with your email address that you use for FB and I'll add you as admin? Cheers x

1. joween18 profile image82
        joween18posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I stumble upon how can I message you in hubpages.. hmm So, I emailed you instead.. Looking forward working with your page. smile

24. paradigmsearch profile image61

Bumping this thread by announcing my once-a-week hub contribution. And it's my most demented one to-date. big_smile

Wow! Looking forward to it....

25. Suzanne Day profile image94

PS - Here's another place you can post hubs: https://www.facebook.com/groups/612365392135978/ run by AngryElf - you need to join up to do it.

By the way, for everyone on this thread, I should probably mention that a polite way to do business in social media is to post your hub, like 5 hubs and then move on until next time. I notice lots of people enjoy posting, but they don't get the social media aspect of clicking the "like" button. If we all did this, all our WTH hubs would get more likes, which is how this type of thing runs well. You don't have to be precious with likes, Facebook won't penalise you! And it won't appear on your timeline.

WTH was created on a whim one evening and it's been a bit of fun. Joween has kindly volunteered to admin with me. We'll see how it goes for awhile, but if it ends up being a dead page (ie, I'm the only one liking stuff) then it will eventually be retired unless things turn around. You can't have a community with only one or two people doing the work....

I was planning to run some campaigns to get the public involved, but a dead looking page just scares them off, so unless activity picks up, I probably won't!

In other news, the WTH page on Google + is doing better, with more activity.

1. Jodah profile image90

Hi Suzanne, some of the hubs put on here I have already read at hub pages so haven't bothered liking, but I should in future. Others I go to read the hub and leave a comment on HP but then don't return to Facebook...so forget to like there....duh. Despite this, I have still been liking some hubs.

Not a prob, Jodah. I think some people are new to Facebook and might not understand how things can work. On social media, you give love to people in order to receive it from other people (and both of these groups might be different people too). It's funny how it works but it does work wink

2. joween18 profile image82

I just accepted your friend request though its weird that you have not received mine. hmm

26. paradigmsearch profile image61

I must say, this one was a worthy hub.

http://joween18.hubpages.com/hub/10-Int … hould-Know

Went to it. Ended up sharing it all over the planet.

Hey... that is my hub.. smile
      Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
      You just made my day smile

27. Monis Mas profile image71
    Monis Masposted 9 years ago

That;s really awesome. Thanks!!!

28. joween18 profile image82

Hi, guys and ladies, please don't forget to share and like hubs posted in the Facebook page. smile

+1 - It doesn't cost anything to click "like" and show your support!

Hi,  Miss Suzanne, just wanted to make a friendly suggestion.
        Why not modify the facebook address from:
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/What-The … 6869234581
        to
        https://www.facebook.com/what-the-hub or other names that are much easier to remember..

And Thanks for making me as an editor.. Cheers! smile

All done - we are now at https://www.facebook.com/what.the.hub

Thank you for your help joween, means a lot to me!

You are always welcome smile
            Its nice to meet friends abroad smile

29. joween18 profile image82

We updated our link! We are now at: https://www.facebook.com/what.the.hub
    You can now send your hub submissions here (even without a Facebook account): http://goo.gl/JxGfoK. Happy Hubbing! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)