New to HubPages, just wanting to say hello!

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (33 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Melissa Gishnockposted 9 years ago

Hi all, my name is Melissa and I am just a few days old here. I've been spending a lot of time browsing the site- lots to learn, but great information. My passion has always been in writing, but I'll be honest, I get discouraged quickly. I hear the key is to just write quality stuff and stick with it. I'm hopeful things will work out good for me and HubPages. I look forward to getting to know you all better. Thanks for listening!

1. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello, Melissa. Welcome to HubPages. If I can ever be of help, just yell.
      Sincerely,
      Kenneth Avery/ Hamilton, AL.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages.

3. Rock_nj profile image89
      Rock_njposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We've all been there Melissa, as a newbie to HubPages.  Welcome Aboard!  Many Hubbers have written useful Hubs about what they learned about how to write good hubs and get views, so search for Hubs like those to avoid making mistakes and to save yourself time learning.  I wrote one called, "Using a Hub Milestone to Make Hubs More Searchable and Accessible" that explains what I know about making Hubs that rank better in search engines and other tricks for getting more views. 

There is also a place in the forums section of HubPages that allows you to submit a Hub for critique by fellow Hubbers.  That can be quite helpful.  One thing HubPages has plenty of is help for new Hubbers.

4. ChitrangadaSharan profile image92
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, Melissa!
      Wish you great times ahead. You would love it here since it is a very supportive community. Everyday you learn something new from some hubs or hubbers.

5. Christy Kirwan profile image93
      Christy Kirwanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP, Melissa! Our Community is the best around. If they can't help you stay motivated, nobody can. Don't hesitate to ask questions or request help here in the Forums whenever you need it. smile

6. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HP.  I hope that you stay here is a very happy one.
      Best wishes,
      Sally

7. tony55 profile image85
      tony55posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello Melissa welcome to hubpages it takes a while but you'll soon get into a writing groove, the community is great and the site wonderful cant think of a better place to spread your wings.

2. profile image0
    JMac778posted 9 years ago

It does take persistence. My passion is in sports medicine which is definitely a niche market. It took a while for me to start seeing traffic but now I'm consistently seeing 50-60 views per week (for me that's booming tongue ). I try not to let low traffic discourage me and write about my passions.

Remember to read the guide for new hubbers. Write about evergreen topics and try not to post too many new hubs too close together.
    Good Luck! smile

1. profile image0
      itsevelynposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@JMac778: where can you review your views stats?

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

On your 'accounts' page, click your name at the top right and a drop down shows 'my accounts' and 'profile'.

1. profile image0

Thanks @Jodah!

3. ologsinquito profile image82
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Welcome and good luck with your writing.

4. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

Good luck Melissa! Just write a few and see what happens. It only costs you some time to find out if it's your thing.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image60
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

Welcome Melissa, glad to have you aboard. Write about things that interest you and which you know about. Do not be afraid to ask questions and other Hubber friends will be glad to answer them for you.
    We have a Learning Center and FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) which will usually give you immediate answers. http://hubpages.com/faq/ At the top you can click on 'Learning Center'. Good Luck

6. profile image0
    cjnileskiposted 9 years ago

Welcome!!  I, too, enjoy writing but get discouraged.  I haven't been here long either, but want to succeed.  Best of luck to in you in all that you do!!

7. profile image0
    itsevelynposted 9 years ago

Welcome Melissa!
    We both share the same passion, but I will admit I am a novice at writing. Good luck with you writing and look foward to reading your hubs! smile

8. JulieMProvost profile image60
    JulieMProvostposted 9 years ago

Welcome! I am new too. I am planning to write about what I know because I think that will be the best way to do this. Good luck to you too smile

9. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages Melissa!

10. Justinnas profile image57
    Justinnasposted 9 years ago

Hey, welcome to the Hubpages I hope you will get noticed here. smile

11. profile image0

Thank you all for the comments, much appreciated!

12. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hub Pages Melissa. Just follow your passion and write whatever makes you happy. This is a great community and perfect place to practice and improve your writing.

13. Aneegma profile image70
    Aneegmaposted 9 years ago

Welcome aboard Melissa! It's great to have you here smile

14. Dana Tate profile image83
    Dana Tateposted 9 years ago

Welcome aboard Melissa, I'm sure you will do great !

15. Lee Strong profile image59
    Lee Strongposted 9 years ago

Welcome. I'm also new -  but haven't posted any hubs yet.

16. Katrina Speights profile image65
    Katrina Speightsposted 9 years ago

Hello, I'm new here as well, hope you have as much fun as I am having.

17. profile image0
    ShirleyJCJohnsonposted 9 years ago

I'm new here as well.  But this journey seems full of promise.  I have so much to give, sometimes I just know where to begin.  Here's to many happy writings and gathered blessings.

1. profile image0

Amen, Shirley! I look forward to reading your hubs smile

18. WriterJanis profile image93
    WriterJanisposted 9 years ago

Welcome Melissa!
    Good luck here.

19. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages.  So very nice to meet you.  We have a very supportive community of writers here, so jump on in and start your first hub. I've been here 4 years and am still learning and love it.

I wish you all the best and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.  The learning Center is a great resource for writing hubs.

Happy hubbing!

20. noenhulk profile image60
    noenhulkposted 9 years ago

Hi Melissa! Welcome and good luck to with your writing here in hubpages.

21. profile image0

awesome guys, thanks so much! It has been great getting to "meet" and chat with you all!

1. kenneth avery profile image79
      kenneth averyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Melissa . . .you are very welcome, not only to HP, but in my life. I wish you the VERY BEST in your writing adventures and do not forget to keep in touch with me.
      Kenneth

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)