Losing Passion for writing for HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (77 posts)
  1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years ago

It seems people have lost their passion for HubPages. Why lot of active members now remain so silent. Why so many hubbers migrated to other writing platforms. I am observing a total lull in the hubbing activities of many active writers here. For many, including me, the traffic and revenue are going down and naturally the writers are disappointed.  Has the authorities noticed it?  Did they take any serious actions to solve the crisis??  Please discuss.

1. word55 profile image71
      word55posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Don't lose it, Use it. I enjoy reading what's here. It seems to be enough for hours. Don't give up!

sunilkunnoth2012posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's inspiring. What I mentioned here is a common feel. Anyhow thanks for your quick response.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
        Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree, word55. This time of year, a lot of people are either on vacation or preparing for trips, etc. Kids are out of school, graduations are in preparation, weddings are being planned. Lots of family type stuff is going on. There are still many active members visiting the forums, Q&A, and writing hubs. I do not think too many have lost any passion for HubPages or writing here -- as always, there are some who are wavering or complaining, but all in all, most of us are dedicated and loyal to HubPages and our passion for writing hubs is still strong. Hang in there, for the "wave" of activity comes and goes. There are also a lot of new hubbers who are very motivated and inspired and writing great hubs.

2. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi sunilkunnoth2012 I think it’s natural for a writer to get burned out at times, especially if you feel that you are giving it your all and the outcome is not what you expected, in seasons such as this patience and endurance needs to come into action.
      With time what you love doing will pay off, it may not emerge from the source in which we may hope, however striving to continue your journey with a faithful outlook your accomplishments will see you through.
      If writing is your passion, perseverance is the key.

I loved this comments very much. It is truly motivating.  It gives me some inspiration to stay on here boldly.  Your words do the magic of a tonic. Thank you very much dear.

+111111

3. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm still here, just haven't written lately due to too much work at home etc. Will be getting back into it shortly....

Dear, it will be fine if you keep a yearly target for writing. Earlier, my plan was writing one per week, which means 52 hubs a year.  Weekly as well monthly target are difficult  at certain time. But yearly plan can easily be executed. So that we can skip on some months and at other times we can finish our task with more work. Keep on writing. Best of luck.

2. profile image0
        LisaKeatingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Suzanne Day. I just looked at some of your hub titles and can't wait to read them. Following.

4. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I write in spurts.  Sometimes the words just pour out of me, and other times I just have nothing!  Also, I travel a lot and do not write when I'm on the road.  I think HP is a great place for writers and a wonderful place to learn and make new friends.  I never tire of it.

5. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 9 years agoin reply to this

On a personal note I have not lost passion for Hubpages, but my lifestyle has changed a little. I owe a lot to HubPages because if it was not for this writing since so much who not have transpired in my life.

6. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have not lost my passion for Hubpages but this community gave me the ability for other opportunities to come my way and I have an un-published hub about it. Don't give up and keep on writing!

Inspiring words. I will never give up and keep on writing. Please publish your hub. Thank you for your kind words.

2. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 9 years ago

You write some very classy hubs and I find a delight in reading hubs. There are thousands of hubs so there's a lot of passion remaining.

So glad to hear it from you that I write some classy hubs and you find a delight in reading them.  The pleasure is mine too.  Passion is what we require for writing. I have my fill of passion through comments like this one.  Thank you for your kind support.

3. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 9 years ago

I've been here for 4 years. At the beginning I wrote like crazy. Now I go through spells when I write a lot of hubs, but I also take lots of long vacations. That is how it is.

The ups and downs with Google don't help motivate writers,. That's for sure. This is  the best writing site online and they come back later.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

I have been here for quite a while too. Even though I have not written many hubs lately I do check in quite a bit and I often edit and improve the hubs I have.
    It seems that my earnings have been increasing a bit lately and I have some ideas for new hubs that I am still thinking about, so maybe I'll become more active in the next couple of months.

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Me, too, Rochelle. I stay active, even though I have not published a hub for over a week -- but, I have several I am working on, researching, etc.

That is how it is with me. I spend time researching, organizing, looking for images, gathering information, formatting my articles, then start publishing again. I have been here almost four years and have not lost the passion for writing and being here. I love it.

5. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 9 years ago

Though I visit HubPages everyday, I have stopped writing here now. I have noticed that every time I update a post or post a new Hub my Hub Score/Author score goes down. This is definitely not what I want happening. However, I have not migrated to any other Writing Platforms as I am yet to find a site as good as HubPages.

Thank you Anamika for your comments. I too have observed the very same thing that whenever I do a new post the Author score is going down.  It is a disappointing factor.  Let's hope the concerned department takes note of this anomaly.

It happens to all of us, sunilkunnoth, and is a common thing. When we publish or edit, it changes our ranking in Google. It is a natural occurring thing for each of us, so don't let that discourage you at all.

2. aravindb1982 profile image79
      aravindb1982posted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1  That is the reason why I have stopped writing anything new here as well. I don't want my score to tank below the 85 cutoff

Don't lose hope dear. I think the cutoff is 75 and not 85.  Let's hope for the best. Please continue writing, it may help you well later. All the best.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree, Anamika - if I do anything, my score goes down. reported a plagiarist yesterday & it dropped.  Today I fixed some broken links, so I'll probably drop again by tomorrow. 

But, as you say, there's no other site as good as this one.  Great staff & great community of writers.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Where you been, stranger?

2. Anamika S profile image69
        Anamika Sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My Hubber Score has dropped so much that I am scared to publish another piece of content here. I really hope that the HubPages staff read the comments here and take appropriate action.

1. writinglover profile image76
          writingloverposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Your HUBBER SCORE DOES NOT reflect your skill as a writer. Quite frankly, it's just a useless number and I really do hope that HP staff gets rid of it. All it does is drive people up the wall. Don't worry over yourself over something useless. On the other hand, if you're talking about your HUB SCORE, then that I can understand because some people associate that to the quality of their hub. The HUB SCORE is a number attached to your hub. Don't get your hub score and hubber score confused; otherwise, you'll just work yourself up over something stupid. wink

Just do your best, Animika, and shoot for those quality hubs they call "Stellar". It is hard work, but, well worth the time and effort.  I find that when I am in my proper mode, I do quite well. My "proper mode" is 1. idea, 2. heavy research, 3. write, 4. find images and videos that relate to my article, 5. edit, edit , edit, edit, 6. publish, 7. leave it alone and let the hub stand on its own.

I also add quotes and side capsules with information not in the hub text, and polls -- all of which helps the hub score.

6. Helena Ricketts profile image91
    Helena Rickettsposted 9 years ago

For me it comes and goes.  I'll write a lot of hubs one month then may not do anything on here for a couple of months.  It helps that I always have about 10 hubs in the works at one time so I can just finish one or two up whenever I feel like writing.  It's one of the things I love about this site, I don't have to be here all the time.  smile

That's is so wonderful.  Having about 10 hubs in store for publication is a commendable thing.  Anyhow keeping a yearly target will be a good idea. Even if you skip some months, you can compensate well with this plan. Best of luck.

sunilkunnoth, another neat thing to do is to read the  trends for an upcoming quarter. I have a few hubs ready to publish at the right time for the third and fourth quarter. These pull in a lot of traffic. This month (our second quarter) is when we should publish hubs on the 4th of July celebrations and traditions.

Start now for getting together hubs on winter holidays, so you will be ready to publish them at the appropriate times. You can even put them in as unpublished, then they will be ready to publish when you want -- like, in September, publish Halloween or autumn type hubs, October, publish about Thanksgiving, etc.   cool  In other words, stay ahead of the game.

7. Padamyar profile image62
    Padamyarposted 9 years ago

For me, it is.I think I am not that interested in hubbing activities as I used to be.Hubpages authorites should consider a solution for it. Like creating some kind of competitive events.....

8. Padamyar profile image62
    Padamyarposted 9 years ago

For me, it is.I think I am not that interested in hubbing activities as I used to be.Hubpages authorites should consider a solution for it. Like creating some kind of competitive events.....

Let's hope they hear your request.

9. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

I'm working on my first book for publication. And I have four other accounts, several of which I'm currently in the process of adding more content to so I can reach payout on several accounts each month.

I'm still around smile

Happy to know that. You being a successful hubber, you can earn more money. Love to know details of your first book.  Thanks for your post.

1. liesl5858 profile image84
        liesl5858posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am still here popping every day to check on my hubs. I just don't have any ideas yet on what to write next, but I am working on one at the moment. I still love it hereon Hubpages because it is the first writing site that gave me the chance to write.

I too have the same love towards HP since it is the first writing platform for me too.  Your idea of working on one at a time is fine.  Keep on writing and achieve your goals.

Check out the "upcoming trends" for third quarter. I believe this is in our newsletter we get in our email.

10. JulieMProvost profile image60
    JulieMProvostposted 9 years ago

I am pretty new here so I am not really sure about the trends. I think I will try to write one new hub a week and see how it goes.

JulieMProvost

Keep up the spirit and keep on writing.  Your idea of writing one hub a week is a good one. It will work wonders. All the best.

11. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 9 years ago

I have had several times over the years where I have lost my passion for writing here. Mostly because I have two topics I love to write about and neither can keep ads here on HP. So the things I can write best about can generate no income. That gets frustrating. I keep going though and write about other topics I at least like. Sadly many have left, but I can't blame them.

12. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

It does seem like there are fewer people in the forums and fewer people publishing hubs, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they have writer's block, are burnt out or quitting.  You do have to remember it is summer, and people tend to spend more time outside on vacations, dealing with the kids on summer vacation, doing yard work and sporting activities, etc.  Eventually it will get too hot, and they will come back inside and need something to do. I check in every day but I have been busy doing other things.

That's a wonderful information. We here in India face now Monsoon. So it is just opposite here as most of can sit home and do more writing. Let's hope all these folks come back and engage seriously soon.

There you go -- write about the Monsoon season in India and any upcoming holidays you have there. I would love to read about what it is like during Monsoon weather.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

Every time I look at the traffic of my recent hub endeavors, my passion fades away...

These days I'm doing SEO experiments on my main website. That ain't going so well either.

Let's hope thing may turn in our favor soon. Don't lose hope and keep on writing. Just remember: Winners never quit and quitters never win!  All the best dear.

14. profile image0
    LisaKeatingposted 9 years ago

Does anyone know the approximate number of active Hubbers here? About how many new Hubs are published a day? Just curious.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to know this too-- but it is simply curioisty, nothing I NEED to know.

2. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61

I too wish to know these things. I also love to hear that from which country comes the largest number of hubs or which country holds the record of having the largest number of hubbers. I think it may be the U.S.

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
  15. Sarah Brittney profile image60
    Sarah Brittneyposted 9 years ago

I have actually never used another platform that is as nice as HP. I'm very new to all of this, but I feel like you just need to search for the active and fun users.

I think it also depends on why people are here. If you join only wanting to make money and don't do well right away, you're less likely to stick around. If you are here because you love writing and money is just a nice side effect of it all, I think those users are the ones who create truly lovely content and stick around.

My policy is forget money and concentrate on  writing only. Traffic is my main concern. I am sad that my weekly hits of 5000 and above came down to 4000+.  I have noticed that some hubbers are only bothered about making money here. They never take part in forum, make no comments, leave comments or help the fellow hubbers. That's a bad attitude and against the real HP policy. HP is a community meant to help each writer.

1. Sarah Brittney profile image60
        Sarah Brittneyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's actually a lot of why I am here. I enjoy community especially through the internet since there is such a wide range of people with different ideas. I love the concept of becoming a better writer through outlets like this.

Best of luck!

2. writinglover profile image76
          writingloverposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Amen! tongue

16. writinglover profile image76
    writingloverposted 9 years ago

I just came back from a hiatus and started writing here again. Just based on my stats, I can see why people are becoming disinterested. I'm thinking that maybe there was a Google Update...again...that caused traffic to tank. Since I'm just a creative writer, I don't expect my hubs to rank very high or get boatload of traffic...hence, why I'm not writing here as frequently as I used to. I've got my own websites to run now...which can be another possibility as to why people are turning away.

Rules are changing constantly, much to other hubber's chagrin. Now you can't publish hubs as easily as I did before all the rules changed. Plus, there are other writing platforms that simply appeal to people because the rules are less stringent than Hubpages (and easy money, depending on what platform you use). Yet, again, this is another possibility as to why people lose their passion.

Then, of course, the most obvious reason for losing passion. People just don't want to write anymore. Maybe they don't have time (like me, due to a stressful workload working with the elderly at my job) or just have writer's block (which I also have). There are so many possibilities as to why people lose their passion.

That being said, I came back just so I can improve my writing skills. Hope everybody gets that spark again, though! big_smile

17. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 9 years ago

When the powers that be blatantly screwed over every hubber on here with the stupid scrolling related search adds that did it for me.  I have no interest in writing here anymore.

1. Suzanne Day profile image94
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I seem to be getting more traffic from other people's hubs from the new related search. At first I thought the design looked bad, but it works well and gets us more traffic.

18. Jodah profile image93
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Just hang in there. I have been at Hub ages for four years. Your passion tends to ebb and flow. Sometimes I may write three hubs per week, other times I am pressed to come up with one. If I write an in-depth article my hubber score may go up to 92 but within a few days it will start dropping. I write mostly poetry hubs so as soon as I write one of those it tends to drop slightly. This doesn't really concern me because I don't think it effects anything. If you write because you love it and less so for the financial rewards then this is still the best place to write. The community is good and it's great to get positive comments on your hubs to show others enjoy what you write.

Very positive and inspiring thoughts, Jodah. Your hubs get a lot of traffic and it is mainly because you have that passion for writing and it shows. I love your poetry and articles.

1. Jodah profile image93
        Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Phyllis, and I feel the same way about your writing. smile

19. Sherry Hewins profile image91
    Sherry Hewinsposted 9 years ago

I was very excited about HP when I first joined, I think it's only natural for that excitement to calm down after a while.

My traffic built slowly but steadily, then crashed suddenly. That really took the wind out of my sails for a long time, but then after a long break I came back and my hubs were doing better.

A month ago traffic and earnings were at my all time high on HP. Now it's dropped a bit, but I think I've learned that's a natural thing. If you are going to write on the internet, get used to the ups and down.

20. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61

Good advice. Thank you.

21. melbel profile image95
    melbelposted 9 years ago

I still hang around here to prune my hubs and fix things up, but I don't write anymore. I just don't feel 60% is enough, so I write elsewhere.

I'm happy with HubPages, but I've been writing on my own blogs because it makes more money.

You are lucky that you earn more from your blogs. My primary writing is for HP and I am earning from here though a small sum. Hope it will increase as time and articles progress.

22. ravi1991 profile image61
    ravi1991posted 9 years ago

@ for most of the people like me Hubpages is a secondary source of pleasure so they do not give it much imp. if they are busy with their primary ones.

wishes

23. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61

Is the primary ones blogs or self sites, I like to know that. Thanks for the reply,

24. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

sunnilkunnoth, first thing, in my humble opinion HP offers all kinds of writers the best opportunity to produce quality articles and to succeed both creatively and in some cases financially.
    Second,life here and on the internet in general can be precarious!! It's never going to be plain sailing all of the time, not with a giant like Google to contend with! You have to take the rough with the smooth and ride it out when the storm approaches and the big waves hit!
    On a personal note, when I first started on HP I was like you, nervous and concerned about this, that and the other. I wanted a perfect start and I got help from many kind members of the HP community who were very quick to respond to questions I had.
    I didn't want to hear about writers complaining, bringing HP down, or having a go at other writers simply for voicing a reasonable opinion! I especially hated it when I heard that some writers were leaving HP!
    But now after two years (and over 100,000 views!) I am a bit more mellow.
    My advice is to stick it out, write as well as you can, ignore the negatives and sail on!
    Write and write, answer and comment. Keep the hubs evergreen, find a niche and exploit your talents!!
    You'll get out what you put in if you produce quality hubs.

See, I am happy with HP and what I raised here  is a trend which I observed.  It is neither complaining nor blaming but just an observation dear.  I know well that The Winners never quit and the quitters never win!  I won't quit. I am here to win and earn all positive things like money, name, fame and hits.

25. kalinin1158 profile image91
    kalinin1158posted 9 years ago

I'm not gonna tell you: "Hey cheer up, keep believing man" because I can relate to you loosing passion for HP. When I started writing for the site 5 years ago, I had such high hopes. I thought: as long as I keep writing quality articles, I will see steady traffic and, subsequently, earnings. As long as I see some progress clearly correlated with the amount of effort I invest in HP, I'm good.

But lately the traffic dropped to all-time lows, even though I now have more articles than ever, all my hubs are featured and some are editor's choice. I've tried SEO, keywords, linking. It just doesn't work. Or I'm not doing it right. But the thing is: I don't want to worry about all this SEO stuff, trying to "trick" Google to send some traffic my way.

This is not even about the money anymore. I'm questioning the very purpose of writing for HP, other than to just practice writing, and maybe communicate with other writers sometimes. Yet I still log in every day, out of habit, I suppose...

Let's hope the best. Hope and pray you gain back your traffic and earnings. Keep on writing. Best of luck.

26. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61

I simply loved reading your comments and enjoyed.  As you said for me too what concern mostly is not money but some recognition, interaction with fellow writers and a decent traffic. I am upset not when my earnings drop by the traffic go down.  I never give importance to SEO and I am not an expert too there.  Thanks for your interesting reply,

27. Greensleeves Hubs profile image90
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 9 years ago

Sunil; It's always really sad when good hubbers lose their passion for writing here, and even sadder when some appear to disappear. I've had great contact with some hubbers in recent years - notably Derdriu, Cogerson and Susi-Q - who have all either left or unpublished now, and I miss them.

Perhaps there should be a way in which HubPages could contact good but lapsed members to check they are OK or to pass on best wishes and hopes that they will return to the HubPage fold? A personal touch like that to formerly loyal quality hubbers may encourage some to feel as though they are wanted here and not forgotten.

It is understandable that hubbers lose heart - what really makes me disenchanted is the difficulty of getting overall traffic level up and the slumps which occur when Google decides to tamper with its algorithms. Sometimes HubPages' own alterations to the style of the site irritate too although I must say the great majority of HubPage changes have I think been beneficial.

Much of the advice offered by all the other correspondents here is very good and encouraging. The only thing I could possibly add Sunil, is that understandably many of your hubs are about India and Indian culture. Absolutely nothing wrong with that of course - such diversity of writing is to be greatly encouraged on a worldwide site like HubPages, but I suppose inevitably some of those articles may be of limited appeal to many other (mostly Western) hubbers who will never visit your country. I wonder if it would be possible to advertise some of those hubs on Indian-related websites and social media, in order to get more readers (at home in India or ex-pats in other countries) to read your work? Perhaps it could also be possible to also get them linked to in some way on travel websites, cultural sites etc? It's just a thought which may not be practical, but certainly that's something I've been attempting to do with some of my hubs - getting them linked to on other websites which cover similar topics.

Anyway, I hope both that traffic increases to your pages and that the community spirit at HubPages continues and thrives in the future, for the benefit of all of us. Alun

Hi Dear,

You have left me a good note with some valuable advice. I thank you for the same.  I share your concern on the fact that some good hubbers leaving us and we need some mechanism to get in touch with them or bring them back.  I hope the HP authority take note of this great point.   Sure there needs to have some package or incentives to bring back all good writers here.  But the fact is that when the traffic goes up, these people may come back. And earning being a factor so attached with traffic, this also will go up when traffic boosts. It happens at times, I mean the low traffic and dwindling income. But eventually it will improve as well. So we can hope things will show a positive trend sooner or later.  On my writing, it is a fact that I mainly write on India and its diverse culture. On writing my motto is "write what you know better".  India's culture is so diverse, vibrant and it is even complex than that of  a continent with different languages, religions, culture etc.  My observation is that people of western region love to hear it all.  The comments I get everyday vouch the fact.  You are right that HP being a global writers' platform, one should write keeping  in mind the sentiments and tastes of people across the glob.  But I am helpless since I don't have that much caliber to meet all these taste, a fact I have no hesitation to admit.  You have said it that I can publish some of my articles on Indian sites. Well, that is a good idea. But here again I find that the large number of traffic is coming from HP only. Hence I stick on with HP.  I love this platform. The community here is so vibrant and helpful.  People like you are ready to extent any help and is definitely the added attraction of HP.  As and when I have the courage and confidence I will diversify my writings.  I am trying hard to improve my knowledge and writing skill.  I loved your comments and the way you expressed things in a beautiful manner. Hope your encouragement will continue.  I too hope my traffic increases soon and wish the same for you as well. God bless you.

28. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

One of my current hubs suddenly going viral would perk my passion right up.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)