Is it ok to mention potential earnings in a hub title and content?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (94 posts)
  1. dwelburn profile image91
    dwelburnposted 9 years ago

I just wrote a hub on making money with HubPages but wanted to make sure it's ok before publishing. I know you are not supposed to mention what you are earning on HP, but is it ok to use titles like 'How To Earn $1000 per month on Hubpages', or 'How To Make $1 Million On Hubpages'?  I don't see why not, but if anyone knows for sure it would be good to confirm that. Thank you.

Just one more quick question if I may though? As it's a hub on making money with HP, I put a link for people who are not yet with us to click on it to open an account. But that created a style warning that they would prefer these to be removed. Does anyone know why, especially as it seems perfectly appropriate in this context? Thank you again.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi @dwelburn

The terms of service specifically mention not disclosing the CPM/CPC rates that you earn, so a Hub that is about how to make $1000 per month on would not be specifically prohibited.

The user recruitment link is provided for you to be able to recruit people off of the site and not via your Hubs on HubPages.

1. maalarue profile image73
        maalarueposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hello @Matthew Meyer,

Could you post a link to the terms of service where it specifically mentions not disclosing the CPC rates that we earn?

I also have an article ready to submit, but it is hard to motivate anyone to join HubPages without at least disclosing some earnings and examples. The success of HubPages as a business, for the company and it's members, lies in the hands of our members and how much money they make. The more members we get, the more money made, the better our chances of keeping this company running and profitable; even if only 1 out of 100 new members is successful.

It does not matter if we have 100 articles on HubPages on How to make money with HubPages, because out of those only a fraction will make it to page one on Google. My experience is to make money you don't need to write hundreds of Hubs, but rather quality Hubs that rank high on Google search. I only have 14 Hubs and have been actively working on these Hubs for the last 1.5 years with monthly earning now in the hundreds of dollars. I guaranty you, SEO separates with winners from the losers.

Why would I want to write 1000 Hubs and make $10 per month, when I can make $10 per month with only 14 Hubs?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73
          Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The stipulation to not disclose earning in due to Google AdSense's policy that prohibits the same.

Here is the only sentence in the TOS, and I was mistaken that is explicitly says no CPC or CPM info, buy the general wording includes text that applies to CPC/CPM.
          "(including any subcomponents thereof)"

Here is the full sentence.

You acknowledge and agree that You will not publicly disclose Your payments or Earned Balance (including any subcomponents thereof) from the HubPages Earnings Program without prior written consent of HubPages.

You can find the entire terms of use here as well.
          http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement

1. noenhulk profile image59
            noenhulkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, the TOS is here. Sad to say you are not going to disclose that. There are ways you can convince people to write like how to drive traffic to earn more, and what other techniques so that writing more hubs can be earn more for anyone.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If this is the case, and I know it is, how is it that someone posted, in huge letters, on the forum, their big earnings for this month???

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
              Patty Inglish, MSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Probably, they did not read the TOS. You can flag and report the violation.

2. profile image0
              LisaKeatingposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Maybe because it was in the forum and not in a hub...?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

Lisa:

Linking to your own hubs is prohibited everywhere on this site.

2. noenhulk profile image59
      noenhulkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I love the idea of convincing others how to make money here in hubpages. However, I read that some of the rules should not be disclosed like the google CPC, but it's google adsense not hubpages anyway, so I guess it's just right in my opinion.

dwelburnposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes that's right Noenhulk smile

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
    LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

When you publish the hub on making money on HP, please send me a note. I want to be one of the first to read it...

3. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 9 years ago

Me too!

4. dwelburn profile image91

Thank you Matthew. That is extremely helpful.
    Yes I'll let you know Leslie. And thanks.

5. LongTimeMother profile image92
    LongTimeMotherposted 9 years ago

Hi dwelburn. Personally I'd hate to see an influx of newbies who expect to earn $1,000/ month - or a million bucks - on hp. The forums are already alive with folks unable to make payout and if many more start posting about their disappointment, I for one will be avoiding the forums completely.

With a title like the ones you are suggesting, it would be reasonable to expect the author to prove they are capable of achieving what they're writing about.  I'm not sure how you could offer that proof.

Unless of course it ends up being a comedy piece ...

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 9 years ago

I find Hubs with titles like that often can be interpreted as being deceptive or misleading, which makes them quite open to be unpublished by admin if they agree with the interpretation.  Almost no Hubs of this ilk contain any information that hasn't been hashed, rehashed and composted after seven years of people creating them. 

The phrase "make $1000 per month on HubPages" returned 400 results just for a Hub search alone, and "$1000 per month" returned even more, so to me, that is one seriously undesirable key phrase, that may even whiff to some engines as spammy-oversaturated.

2. dwelburn profile image91

Ok; thanks for your comments LongTimeMother and relache.
      LongTimeMother - I don't know who the people are who are complaining about lack of payout but if they only have a few hubs they need to realize it takes a lot more than this. I'm sure you, with the hubs you have, will have no problem getting a payout each month. Also I don't really see the need to prove anything. I would simply be saying 'if you do this and this, and manage to achieve that you will earn that', so it's just a theoretical value that could be achieved with the right amount of research and effort.
      relache - Thanks for that breakdown; I do feel I've got a decent hub with a lot to offer, especially to newbies who are seeking answers though. So perhaps a simple 'How To Make Money With Hubpages' might be better. What do you think? The title is probably already taken though.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
        DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

How To Make A Monthly Salary With Hubpages?
        I agree with Relache here. I have seen a lot of those hubs posted (How to make $1000 a month on HP) over the short time I have been here on HP, and after reading several of them I have not noticed a big difference.
        Unless you have something different to say, you will probably not have that many readers.

2. Froggy213 profile image61
        Froggy213posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am in sarcastic mode, so please don't take offense.

I believe a good title would be "How To Make A Penny Per Month With Hubpages."

I have been here a long time and have many hubs. I have watched as times were good and times are bad. I try to be positive, but no, with all of my hubs, I don't make payout every month.

I hope it gets better, but pessimism is on my shoulder right now.

Good luck with your hub.

3. relache profile image73

You say you have something different to say from everyone else, but you're about to give it the same title (or an incredibly close variant) as dozens of other webpages, many of which are outdated and poor quality.

I am intrigued by your development strategy and am going to stay tuned to see what happens.

4. mary615 profile image82
      mary615posted 9 years ago

I would be careful of the title.   It could be deceptive unless you can prove you yourself have made 1,000 a month here.  I personally don't think it's a good idea.
      I've always considered earning here or anywhere else is a private matter, but that's just me!!

5. LongTimeMother profile image92

Sadly there are hubbers with m-a-n-y hubs who still fail to reach monthly payout.  I've seen them expressing their frustration on the forums. I've also watched some extremely successful hubbers share words of wisdom to help them.

I feel sorry for people who have high expectations of being able to make decent money, but fail to reach their goals despite their best efforts.

You say: " I would simply be saying 'if you do this and this, and manage to achieve that you will earn that' ... " 

To my way of thinking, dwelburn, the healthiest way of approaching hp is to write for the love of writing, and then be pleasantly surprised when the money starts rolling in.

But perhaps you'll be able to succeed where others have failed and manage to provide a magical formula that every hubber can understand and follow to reach your theoretical target.

Beats me how you can predict income levels without identifying all kinds of individual factors including topic choice etc. 1,000 hits on one topic will give a very different return to 1.000 hits on another topic.  Similarly, 1,000 hits from google will produce a different dollar value to 1,000 hits from other hubbers.

I look forward to seeing how you explain all the intricacies to hubbers eager to make a million. smile

6. EricDockett profile image96
      EricDockettposted 9 years ago

Just an observation:

People who write Hubs on how to earn a lot of money on HP rarely seem to be earning a lot of money on HP.

People who do know how to make a lot of money on HP play it much closer to the vest.

Frankly, for me to believe anyone who writes a Hub on how to make money here, I'd need to see some impressive numbers to back up their ideas. And if they are making a lot of money here, why in the world would they ever share those numbers much less their ideas?

I don't mean to discourage you. Do whatever you want. Just something to think about. smile

relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I second this based on my experience here.

7. dwelburn profile image91

Thank you all so much for your replies you have certainly given me a lot to think about.

Froggy - I'm amazed you don't make monthly payout with over 500 hubs. I easily make it with 50, and my topics are not the best by a long way - I hope to improve on it substantially over my next 50 hubs. The reason could be your titles though; a cursory glance through them suggests that most may not be the sort of thing that people are searching for. And some of them are a bit cryptic so you don't necessarily know what the article is about from the title. Some title changes could therefore go a long way.

Relache - I did not say I have something different to say necessarily; only that it has value (especially to newbies). If I could have read an article like this when I first started it would have helped greatly.

Mary - again I don't think you have to prove anything as it's just a theoretical value. But I may change the title anyway to simply 'How To Make Money With Hubpages' or something similar.

If anyone has any thoughts on that title I'd be glad to hear them. Do you think it's a better approach?

LongTimeMother - I agree you should write for the love of writing; and I do. But many people would like to tweak their writing a bit if it could earn more money that way. Some will not be interested though and that's fine of course. And no, you can't predict income levels; not at all. But it's just something to focus on in order to drive you forward to succeed to a higher level. And there are of course certain things you can do to bring you better results so you'll have a chance of reaching your theoretical target with a specific amount of work. But it may take more or it may take less.

Eric - again it's not about sharing deeply guarded secrets. It's just about summarizing some basic information in a clear and logical fashion that many people may not be aware of.

Thank you all again.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I actually wrote a hub with the title How to Earn $1000 a Month Writing at Hubpages. It is possible if you write enough hubs and you do all of the SEO research you can, offer quality content, lots of photos etc.
        I never wrote my 1000 hubs. Mine was based on the theory that you could earn on average $1 per hub a month. I went way over that at one time when Google liked me better. Right now I am struggling to do so.

My main traffic has come from Hubpages for that hub. I suggest you come up with a different title that will rank better in the search engines.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

DWelburn:

I suspect that the reason you make payout every month so easily is that a good number of your articles cater to those who are into body building and losing weight.  Both are good topics, and body building, especially, would draw in a very strong (pardon the pun) niche group.  Many here write well but do not write in well read niche areas...so it stands to reason that you with 50 hubs could easily do better than someone else who has 500.  Also, payout is two fold...one for page views, but the other for ad revenue.  The right topic coupled with good, well placed ads can make very nice money here,but I doubt it would be anywhere near $1000 per month.

Thanks Timetraveller, but as far as I know there are many people here earning much more than that. Certainly that has been the case in the past.

8. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
      LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years ago

Thanks Barbara Kay for this comment!

9. dwelburn profile image91

Thanks for the advice Barbara.

10. dwelburn profile image91

Ok; thank you for all the advice. I have now published it anyway, after a bit of a re-write, so we'll see how it does.
      Kenna - I was not able to send you a message to say it is published so hope you see this. Thanks for showing interest. Best wishes.

11. lovebuglena profile image85
      lovebuglenaposted 9 years ago

I think a title like that can draw many readers into clicking the hub link, especially newbies... I mean who wouldn't want to earn that much a month and learn how to do it.

Of course if you use a title like that your hub can't just be about how it may be possible to make potentially this much a month. It should be about how you actually are able to do that. And if you are not earning this much a month then you shouldn't write a hub like that because readers will realize that you are misleading them and may not return to read other stuff you post.

12. dwelburn profile image91

Thanks lovebuglena but I hope most people don't see it that way. The way I see it is if you are earning say $50 per month you can speculate that if you wrote more hubs and did more promotion and chose some better keywords it's quite feasible to earn much more than that. So that's what it's based on. Of course it should not be the first hub you write when you sign up for HP; you do need to be earning something worthwhile which is why I wouldn't have written it before now.

@dwelburn,

I agree. I am earning over $300 per month on Adsense alone with only 14 Hubs. I will try to post my new Hub on making money with HubPages next month, but my Hub will be slightly different; more of a motivational Hub with real number that show my personal journey. I'm just still trying to figure out what is allowed as far as showing earnings stats. If all goes well, I will most likely add a link to your Hub as well.

I'm still looking for specifics on what I can/can't disclose as far as earnings. Any help from fellow Hubbers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1. Froggy213 profile image61

Are you saying that only 14 hubs are generating $300 a month in Adsense? I may be willing to believe that if you are adding on multiple websites and blogs.

Being from Missouri, we often say "Talk is cheap--SHOW ME."

Actually, even if I were to delete half of those Hubs, I would still be earning over $300 per month. It is the quality of your Hubs and not the quantity. Believe me when I say SEO is EVERYTHING!

I would love to show you a screen shot, but I am still questioning TOS rules and it appears I am not allowed to show specific earnings or screenshots of HubPage stats. I am however working on a workaround to show this in a new Hub article I will be submitting next week. Maybe I can use Google analytics or Paypal.

1. Froggy213 profile image61

As one who has researched and authored several articles on SEO, I understand what you are saying, but $300 off 14 hubs? Especially when you are only receiving 60%?

I remember days here at Hubpages when I was bringing strong monthly incomes. You have been here 4 years and you have 14 hubs, making supposedly $300 off Adsense. Why haven't you wrote more of those "quality" workout hubs so you can make more than $300?

When you can get screenshots to prove it, I will salute you if that is really true, but I have a very hard time accepting it on just say so.

By the way, you do write quality hubs, but....so do I. See my hub about Latent Semantic Indexing entitled A Simple Explanation Of Latent Semantic Indexing (L.S.I.) and then tell me I don't understand SEO.

Lastly, not trying to piss you off, but I just have to call out what seems like BS

Not sure how you figure on not pizzing me off by calling me a liar, but whatever. So I'll just let you continue doing what you're doing and not making much money...and call it as we say down in Texas "A Personal Problem".

BTW...I did check out your Hub on "Latent Semantic Indexing". Seriously? How many people do you suppose do a search on "latent semantic indexing"? Well, Adwords shows only 1900 per month, and that's only good if you reach the first page on Google. I did a search on that long tail keyword and you don't show up on any of the 10 Google search pages. Which means you are invisible to Google. Just another article stranded in the desert. I looked at a few of your other hundreds of Hubs and discovered the same problem. Most of your articles have very little to no keywords in the titles, and are mostly of little interest to most readers. You may want to rethink your topics or do better keyword research. It's all about getting seen on Google; especially the first page or at least the second page.

I could honestly care less if you believe me or not. I have nothing to prove to anyone. I'm just trying to give some advise and help where I can, and of course make some money here at HubPages. And I do plan on making $500 by the end of this year with under 20 hubs.

Best of luck to you. Hope you can do that. I'm all for improving productivity with better quality and effectiveness rather than more quantity.

Good luck with that. I am not concerned as some of the books I have published are doing quite well.

By the way, it is advice, not advise.

As for the liar part, take it how you will. I just would like to see proof of such claims. It reminds me of the guy at a racetrack that says he won $10,000, but he doesn't tell everyone that he wagered $15,000.

P.S. Do you even know for sure that Hubpages staff are listing the proper keywords and phrases for you? We really do not have control over that.

Good luck there in Texas, and have a good day.

2. Susana S profile image92
                Susana Sposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's totally possible. A few high performers and that income is easily achieved.

2. sherwani profile image61
          sherwaniposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@maalure

I am just speechless to see that you are earning 300$ a month with just 14 hubs. That's quite an acheivement. Please do tell us your tale.

2. relache profile image73

This is what I meant by not having anything new to offer in terms of approaching the subject.  This is exactly what dozens of Hubs have already been saying for years.

I wash my hands of this weirdness.

13. dwelburn profile image91

@maalarue

You are doing incredibly well with just 14 hubs. Congratulations and best of luck to you. I look forward to your making money hub; it will be interesting to read. I'd be careful about disclosing specific earnings though, but I don't know exactly what the rules are either.

14. relache profile image73

There used to be a guy here who only ever had about a dozen hubs but who was pulling down thousands per month...using evey blackhat trick in the book, which is why he isn't here anymore.

I believe you can earn highly from a smaller pool of Hubs, but not one of those people who ever did so has ever seen their account survive the complete reveal of what they are doing.  Either they turn out to be doing something unsavory or by saying what they are doing clearly they lose their entire niche in the resulting surge of people into their topic.

15. madscientist12 profile image92
      madscientist12posted 9 years ago

My first question, dwelburn, would be are you making $1000 per month on Hubpages? If you are, great job! If not, then I don't think you should write the article. Also, about the people who aren't making money on hubpages--they have to realize that it is their CONTENT that is causing them to not make money. They need to have content that people want to read and their hubs need to be put together very well and also they need to have hubs that are at least 1000 words or more. I don't know how to make $1000 a month from hubpages but I have made the most this month so far than I ever have on Hubpages. I'm almost up to $20 and I think that I will hit that within the next few days. It took me two years before I got any type of payout from Hubpages, but its mostly because I gave up the first time around, and now that I'm back I can only write one or two hubs (good hubs) per month.

@madscientist12 Well I have not called it that now. I have just entitled it How To Make Big Money Writing On Hubpages. Though I don't really agree with you; if you are making $100 per month then presumably you know what it takes to earn $1000 per month - or more. Don't you think? Besides if we all only wrote about what we had achieved personally it would limit what we could write about.

I agree entirely with you comment about content though. Best of luck to you.

1. madscientist12 profile image92
          madscientist12posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say that we should only write about things we have achieved. However, when it comes to something such as "How to make $1000 per month on Hubpages" I think that should be left to someone who is actually making that much. It's the same as someone who would write about "How to lose 100 pounds fast" or something. I'm overweight and I have trouble losing weight so that is not an article I would write about. In my opinion, and I could be wrong, certain topics should come from experts--people who have achieved it or have a degree or a job in it.

Ok; then we have to agree to disagree smile As for losing weight; I think if you have been successful in losing SOME weight and know the principles involved then you could write about it. But if you have had no success at all then you should not. Same principle I guess.

I can somewhat agree with you, just not all the way, lol. Maybe we can agree to meeting in the middle of the road lol.

Yep that's fine by me. smile

You made some good points here, but one I must disagree with is the 1000 words or more.

I regularly write for Yahoo Voices as well as here. Yahoo is anti long articles. It has been studied and the majority of web readers do not read the long articles. They skim, and usually they stop after 200 words unless you just have extraordinary information.

As for pay, I see no reason why I am making good money at Yahoo and not here. My voice doesn't change between the sites. 2+ years ago, I had views upon views and then Hubpages made multiple changes along with Panda and Penguin updates.

It really does come down to who is running the show and behind the scenes.

I'm not saying that you can't really make money on other sites with short articles. I was commenting about HubPages. In my experience, my hubs that have a lot of words, great content, and interesting topics get the most views and make the most money. I have quite a few articles that only have 750 to 800 words and they don't get very many views.

Yes; I think there are exceptions to this though. One of my top 4 hubs only has about 750 words. The other three are much longer though.

3. Barbara Kay profile image74

Content is important, but choosing the right topics to write about is even more important.

Yes you are right Barbara; but I was kind of thinking that was included in what was meant by 'content'.

2. madscientist12 profile image92

That is what I mean by content. Content is the topic that you are writing about.

16. joeyallen profile image78
      joeyallenposted 9 years ago

You must really be inspired! I would like to know how you write so many hubs...seems to me a lot of time should be invested in each article. How do you find the time? And yes, please let me know when you publish this hub about earnings.

Hi Joey. The hub is published now smile

17. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 9 years ago

Unfortunately, the hub doesn't take into account the impression share with Hubpages.

But don't worry you can still earn $3000 a month with only 1,500,000 views per month from 1000 hubs that each receive 50 views per day.

Easy peasy lol big_smile

Yes it does take into account the impression share with HubPages Susana. I'm only talking about the amount we actually receive. When I get my earnings figures on my account they are what I actually receive; HP have already taken their share.

And I was not in any way suggesting it would be easy either. That's the whole point - it's possible but will take a lot of hard work.

1. Susana S profile image92

I have been here a while, just over 5 years, and have known many top earners. I wouldn't say I was one of them, but I did achieve the elusive $1000 per month on many occasions.

I can think of only one person who ever reached traffic of 30k per day (of course that was not all his traffic because it was subject to the 60/40 split), and that was back when Hubpages was in its heyday. Anything and everything would rank then, even titles like "Google Homepage" and "www.yahoo.com".

The highest traffic levels I've known aside from my example above were in the region of 500,000 per month.

So yeah I guess anything is "possible". Let us know when you get there....or even make it to 100,000 views.

Yes, I know, but I am getting close to my first 100,000 views.

It doesn't. You say in your hub that you need 600 hubs that receive 50 views per day, which is wrong as I pointed out above. You would need a 1000 hubs.

I'm not sure what it is that's confusing you Susana, but it's 600.

600 x 50 (average views per day) = 30,000 views per day. At $1 per 300 views this equals $100 per day or $3000 per month. Hubpages have already taken out their share; this is based on what you are actually paid per number of views.

1. Susana S profile image92

I'm not confused Dwelburn. Hubbers do not look at their HP earnings page for their traffic stats. They look at the overall number of views. And it's always worth remembering that we DO share impressions with HP - we give away a large chunk to publish here.

Regardless, for the hubber to get all of the 30,000 views from his 600 hubs as you state, each hub would have to generate not 50 views per day on average, but 83.

BTW I haven't got an issue with inspiring hubbers to achieve more and set their sights high, but your figures are really off the charts. Totally unrealistic.

18. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

I signed up for the Dwelburn system and have made $3,127 in my first month.  This really works!

1. LongTimeMother profile image92
        LongTimeMotherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's those stickmen with muscles making the difference. smile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
          Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Funnily enough...

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9060274_f248.jpg

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
            LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mark Ewbie... you are fabulously funny... LOL

19. csmiravite-blogs profile image73
      csmiravite-blogsposted 9 years ago

Whew!  I like the stickman! I'll follow Mark Ewbie with his $3,127!  Bababoom!  Lol!

20. LongTimeMother profile image92

ROFL.
      Sorry dwelburn, but your approach to making the big bucks is looking pretty feeble compared to the results of one clever young hubber who has just 19 hubs, only 40 followers, over 100,000 views and a wallet bursting with hp cash.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/122819

Now there's some encouragement for hubbers who don't want to write 600 hubs. smile

Yes I totally agree. Looks like I'll have to change my approach smile

1. LongTimeMother profile image92
          LongTimeMotherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

She was making monthly payout with only six hubs ... so she's a classic example of why other experienced hubbers were not getting excited by your advice.  It would be a Big Mistake to try copying her topics, but you could certainly try and gain a few tips from her success and apply them to your own topics.

It is, as most experienced hubbers will tell you, all about quality - not quantity.  And meeting the needs of searchers on search engines.

I trust you can see that now.

I always did see that. It's interesting that I've had someone say that my expected rate of return from a hub is far too high, as most only make $1 per month per hub, whereas I'm targeting $5 per hub per month on average. I think that's a good level to aim for, but if you can get much higher than this that's even better.

2. relache profile image73

That person has a LOT of unrelated products on their Hubs.  I dare say people are going to be able to reproduce her earning claims.

21. LongTimeMother profile image92

You still need to review your approach though. As Susana quite rightly pointed out, your calculations are faulty.

Go to your 'my earnings' page, where you seem to be taking your stats from. And then, in a new tab, open the 'my account' page. Compare the total views on both those pages and you'll see that you get a much higher daily score on m/a than you do on m/e. 

In other words, as Susana says, "to get (monetary credit for) all of the 30,000 views from his 600 hubs as you state, each hub would have to generate not 50 views per day on average, but 83."

I am not an expert on making money on hp, but I know enough to advise other hubbers that it doesn't need to be as hard as you're making it.

Just do what you think is right for you, dwelburn. But please don't try to take other hubbers down that long and bumpy path you've chosen to follow. They have many other options to choose from, and it would be a shame to see good hubbers discouraged.

22. dwelburn profile image91

Traffic stats are taken from 'my account' page. Earnings stats are the same on 'my account' as 'my earnings' This is the figure that goes to my PayPal account. HP have already taken out their share. So I'm basing earnings received on the traffic stats on the 'my account' page.

Was not my intention to discourage, but rather to encourage. It's just some well intentioned advice that people can take or leave, but at least hopefully will get something out of.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74

I don't understand why everyone is jumping on you about this. You picked a high paying topic and congratulations to you. I only wish I could earn that much per hub. The only time I come close to that is at Christmas.

Thank you Barbara. A lot of people seem to have received it very well, but guess you can't please everyone.

Three reasons:

1. Why would anyone want to take advice about earning online from someone who earns very little?

2. The figures given are not only wrong, but totally unrealistic.

3. If the writer has not achieved the figures quoted (and never will), and in the history of Hubpages only a handful of people have ever achieved them (and that was in the past when it was easy), is it really helpful or does it set people up to fail?

Also, the hub has no actionable, useful, content that cannot already be found in the learning centre.

In a nutshell, especially the very last sentence.

23. relache profile image73

For anyone who hasn't actually figured out the deal in this thread, it's summed up really well in the Hub "100% Sure Fire Tips for Making Lots of Money on HubPages."

I  love you Relache and want to have your babies.

Oh, Mark...that made my Tuesday.

Now I'm seeing one of those car stickers, of the stick figure families.  And each of the heads of the stick kids is a different psychedelic color.

Oh yep - that would work smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9068110_f248.jpg

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image69
                LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Where is the doggie???.... there has got to be a doggie

Lol, well give me a chance.  I might come back to it tomorrow.  One of the kidz has no arms.  It was a bit of a rush job - a shotgun cartoon.

24. relache profile image73

Bless you, Mark, you made me tall.

25. profile image54
      Nageshkasimposted 9 years ago

I think there is no issue if you are going to post an article on how to make money on Hub Pages.

26. Marie Flint profile image72
      Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

That information is usually reserved for forums, if you really wish to share it. In a hub, actual hub earnings are tacky. With all the wonderful things to write about in the universe, there is little need for self indulgence in a hub--save that for forums, if you must divulge.  Blessings!

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

rascal bump

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)