The Hub "Life Of Christ" Say Jesus Was Married And Had Three Children. What Do Y

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (29 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 14 years ago

The Hub "Life Of Christ" Say Jesus Was Married And Had Three Children. What Do You Say?

"Life Of Christ" url: http://hubpages.com/hub/LIfe-of-Christ

2. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I'd say research before writing. All the info you need is in the Bible. (I notice you published the link above, but I will not be reading it)  smile

3. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

No never was married , He is God, and all things belong to him anyway.

4. Born Again 05 profile image79
    Born Again 05posted 14 years ago

No Way! Not Biblical! Sorry but I don't need to read the hub to answer the question.

5. Hiperion profile image60
    Hiperionposted 14 years ago

Many people now are saying nonsenses. Maybe to win money, maybe to be known. All of that are false!

6. skye2day profile image68
    skye2dayposted 14 years ago

It is a lie. The Bible no where mentions Jesus had three children nor was he married. The Devil lies and comes to steal, kill and destroy .Any believer knows the statement to be a Huge FALSE.
    I agree with Born Again I do not need to read a hub at hogwash written with obvious pretense as to who our Lord and Savior is. I know the answer. God help the lost children.

This is a fallen world. My prayer is that lost souls come to Jesus for salvation. He is the way,truth, and life.Salvation is your only ticket to heaven .By faith we recieve salvation (John3:16 or Romans10;9-10).but the hole that is empty will be filled with the Love of Jesus. The only begotten son of God who died for our sins on the cross then rose from the dead. He lives in us by our free will to choose him. He will return one day and every knee will bow and know he is Lord. Born again believers will reside with him in heaven. Not Born again, Hell. It is loud and clear in the Bible.

7. jak2009 profile image61
    jak2009posted 14 years ago

Where in the New Testament does it say this? This is a hearsy. Stop it. Jesus is a son of God, a holy man.

8. Quilligrapher profile image74
    Quilligrapherposted 14 years ago

Was Jesus married and the father of three?  I have to say that I do not know for sure.   And furthermore, I would be suspicious of anyone who said that they knew for certain.  I am not aware of anyone in the world today who claims to have been alive during Christ’s lifetime.  Textual accounts are, after all, just textual accounts.  If some accounts written two thousand years ago say that he was married and others, also written ages ago, say that he was never married, then I have no way of knowing which versions are totally factual and which are not.  Of course, I could declare that I “believed” some of these versions are true as a matter of faith, but I could never say that my conclusions were irrefutable.  I encourage everyone to search for the truth but I remain suspicious of anyone who presents events they have chosen to believe on faith as though they are facts.

You have posed a good question, Ngureco.  One that will surely result in many and varied responses.

Q.

9. shirleybill profile image59
    shirleybillposted 14 years ago

I say it's a CROCK. There is no way. That story was made up, to do excactly what it's doing: putting distrust, and unbelief into thousands of people. Read in the Bible for yourself, and you will find the true answers.

10. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 14 years ago

I though the purpose of scripture was for englightenment, not to create a tabloid environment.  If getting l closer to God is why the Bible is there should we not focus on the teaching tha will lead us there.  Besides, research show that there are things that are suspect in every religion that I have studied.  That still should not break the focus of striving for true enlightment and living in peace and love in this world and the next.

11. jayday1950 profile image59
    jayday1950posted 14 years ago

First of all, this is an insult to God. The Bible is the Word of God that was given to us by men who through Divine Inspiration wrote it. In other words this is the UNCOMPROMISED WORD OF GOD.
        One thing that we need to remember is that Our LOrd wasn't the only one with that name Jesus. There were others. I can make the distinction and tell you that what made Jesus our Lord different from the others whose name were Jesus is that He is the ONLY ONE who is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. He's the only begotten son whose title is the Christ. Do research on that. He came as the Bible says to save us from our sins, not to get married and have children.
        Oh yeah, and don''t forget Jesus Christ is our Saviour and our Lord. I am so thankful that His ways are definitely not like ours, and I am grateful still that His thought are not like ours. Amen. He's pure.. He's holy,  He's so loving and kind. Yes He's so forgiving and compassionate.
        He said on the cross " Father forgive them for they know not what they do". He was right about that too.You can lie on me but I pity the FOOLS who go around with this type of garbage trying to make a very STUPID POINT>. In the end Jesus will tell these people to go to Hell.....depart from me, ye workers of iniquity!
    TELL THAT!!!!

Be Blessed,
    jayday1950

12. aoiffe379 profile image58
    aoiffe379posted 14 years ago

People will try every trick in the book and the ones not there to get attention. Considering that traffic and money are motivating factors for hubs, the topic has to be 'hot' and controversial. When Jesus was leaving this world, He left John the beloved disciple to take care of the welfare of His Mom. Now, if He were married,it would have been easier to tell Mary or His wife to behold your mother-in- law. Your ploy worked to get comments. Maybe you were successful in getting hits too.People gobbled the fiction by Mr. Brown who saw a hole in the  Christianity niche and ran with it. Others have picked up the baton because the topic will always be hot. Mary the mother of Jesus was a virgin; and so was her Son.

13. bibleteacher profile image62
    bibleteacherposted 14 years ago

While your question is a good one, let's examine the facts.  First the Bible has to be believed as completely true or completely false.  It cannot be truth as it claims unless it is absolutely truth.  Second, if the Bible is true, then it must be believed as true.  Third, the Bible absolutely declares, prophecies, and reveals that Jesus is God Himself in the flesh.  Fourth, if Jesus condoned marriage, and he did, and if he had gotten married, would the Bible not have mentioned that piece of information?  What reason would there be for neglecting it?  Fifth, I believe Jesus knew the consequences of having married and bearing children, namely the claim by the children to either be divine or divinely special.  Therefore, He avoided such a predicament. 
    Secular accounts also failed to mention a wife or children, accounts which often were unfavorable to Jesus.  Why not mention it?  Probably because it is not true.

14. yes2truth profile image61
    yes2truthposted 14 years ago

Here is what The Lord said through Paul:

1 Cor 7:7-9 (KJV) For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that. 8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. 9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Having read the above what you now have to ask yourselves is this: Was the Lord weaker than Paul? Was the The Lord i.e. the only begotten Son of God incapable of containing Himself?

Where do these misguided people come from with their silly Mickey Mouse ideas? One has to wonder if they ever engage their brains before writing or speaking, for they certainly never look in the Holy Scriptures!!

15. jesusmyjoy profile image63
    jesusmyjoyposted 14 years ago

a lie, Jesus was sinless, pure and not married or had kids..

16. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 14 years ago

I say, No way. It is not in line with the scriptures. People come up with things they want to, to try and make things that are not okay, okay! It is wrong to add anything to the Bible or take anything away from the Bible.
    Back in the early biblical times having more than one wife was not uncommon but after the birth of Jesus, Jesus said it was not to be done any more. One man, One woman, united in Holy matrimony.

17. Kayte profile image40
    Kayteposted 14 years ago

The thought itself that Jesus was married comes from the Gnostic bible which is the book that the DeVinci Code is refering to. This book claims a few extra books that were not allowed into the bible because they did not meet the standards of the "Canon"

In this book Jesus is the husband of Mary however because the book itself make very little since and contradicts itself in some many areas it is really hard to believe in it at all. After having read it I believe there are some points you should consider.

There is a strong disagreement with Thomas and the Book of John which means that quite a bit of the bible would be wrong if any of this book is right.

It completely disagrees with all of the writings of Josephus, who is a historian and person living during the time of Jesus, (who is writing from personal experience, and by the way is not a Christian)

It was not cannonized for the following reasons, It was said to have:

not to have been written close to the time of Jesus
    not to have been written by apostolic authority or was forged in Thomas' name
    not to have been used by multiple churches over a wide geographic range
    to be heretical or unorthodox[32]
    not to have been useful or comprehensible
    to be secret - or for adepts - as the first sentence of the gospel declares

Another thing just thought you ladies would like to know that by the gnostic bible women cant go to heaven unless they become lesbians or male so men that means we have absolutely no use for you. If you dont believe that please look at this

Gospel of Thomas: (114) Simon Peter said to them: Let Mary go forth from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Behold, I shall lead her, that I may make her male, in order that she also may become a living spirit like you males. For every woman who makes herself male shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I could go on for hours about the crazy stuff I read in the Gnostic Bible and the stuff that people are saying because a gifted writer wrote an exciting book, good grief.

18. Synclesian profile image71
    Synclesianposted 14 years ago

While the hub does not exist anymore, I will comment on some of the comments. The New Testament, written based on eyewitness accounts in the first century, is THE source of Jesus' life. Later accounts are to be treated as fables. Nothing in the NT shows Jesus was married.
    But if He was, that would not make Him less holy. Marriage is a holy union. If Jesus had married and had kids, He would still be holy. But
    Jesus was not a typical man. He was a God man, and He has His sights not on a singular relationship with one woman,but a divine and spiritual relationship with His believers, called the church. The church is the Bride of Christ, and His only spouse.

19. profile image0
    Sciantelposted 14 years ago

Anyone who knows Jesus as the Son of God would see this hub as a total lie. He was Divine, God in the flesh with only one agenda, dying for our sins. He had no need for a wife or kids. He was without sin. A man in all respects, for He Himself was tempted by Satan in the wilderness but He did not surcome to his temptations. He was offered many great things by Satan even. Riches and the world. If Jesus had been a lesser man not God in the flesh, say like Moses, then yes, he would of had a wife and kids. Read the Bible. Learn and come to know God's Son if you are to have life eternal.

20. Dennis ten Holt profile image59
    Dennis ten Holtposted 14 years ago

Jesus was not married He was and is a holly man.
    He is 100% man and 100% GOD.
    so no children and no wive.
    the Bible say noting about that JESUS was married.

21. Kristeen profile image67
    Kristeenposted 13 years ago

The Bible no where tells us this. Whether or not it is true is not for us to know or say. God only tells us in his word what we need to know for our salvation. Beyond that we cannot speculate.

In Revelation 22:18,19 He tells us: I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.
    And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

22. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 13 years ago

Not everything is in the bible...so says the people who wrote that in the bible.  Now religious people will tell you that all the the answers are in that bible, when in fact they aren't because it says that they aren't.  Did Jesus write any of the books in the Bible?  Not a one!  The Bible has been translated and manipulated so much that there is speculation at best as to what really happened and who Jesus even really was.

23. Dobson profile image77
    Dobsonposted 13 years ago

No matter how far fetched someone's doubts can be, there are specific truths which cannot be countered. Jesus was never married, as there is no account in the Bible as well as no purpose in God's plan.

To me this is a cheap stunt to get attention. Hope you are proud!

24. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … rsion=NKJV

We has humans do think we have all the answers but the bible tells a different story.  God isn't like us in fact he is way above us, we can't begin to understand God and he let's us know this.

Isaiah 55:9
    For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts

God claims Jesus has his son:
    Mark.9
    1.[7] And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

Since we as modern day people will all the answers then explain this:
    Genesis 2:7
    the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being

When Jesus was dying on the cross, his mother was there, a few of his disciples were there and not one wife or child belonging to Jesus.
    Luke 23:34
    Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

25. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 13 years ago

i like to think he was at least getting laid.  it would suck to die like that at 33 without at least hooking up with one of the pretty girls that followed you.

From what i have seen i think it is likely he was involved with Mary Magdelen or however you spell her name

26. Elijah Returns profile image60
    Elijah Returnsposted 13 years ago

Bulls##t, Jesus was never married. Its a lie.

27. bagumbayan profile image58
    bagumbayanposted 13 years ago

the God in the Bible never say that.  I believe in the Bible.  If you accept it by faith, read it, follow it, live with it, no way you can be misled. for Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our faith.

28. profile image49
    msngr321posted 13 years ago

This is a false doctrine since there is no mention of the fact in scripture.  The only reference to anything simular to Jesus as a Bridegroom is His espouced bride being the Church.
    KJV John 3:27-30
    27.  John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
    28.  Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
    29.  He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
    30.  He must increase, but I must decrease.

KJV Matthew 9:14-15
    14.  Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
    15.  And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

Then when all of prohesy is fulfilled and Christ has destroyed all the evil in the earth, we will witness this in the Revelation.
    KJV Revelation 18:23
    23.  And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

29. LoisRyan13903 profile image61
    LoisRyan13903posted 10 years ago

Looking through my Bible and can't find anything of the sort.  Can that hubber provide the Book Chapter and verse?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)