Why do you think kind hearted people are the most mistreated?

Jump to Last Post 51-87 of 87 discussions (115 posts)
  1. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 8 years ago

People believe it is easier to do an get away with… and that is often the case. We don't retaliate, or do the things they do, or say the things they say. I was harassed for years by some people close. I tried to get along, tried to shift my ways, they was nothing to do, I was daily harassed where I lived. I just left without turning back. One of the best decisions in my life, because I won't lie, cheat, plot, steal, gang on someone, so they did it to me over and over. I had nowhere to go.
    Learning to say no or simply not do works.

2. profile image53
    Mahendra Nikumposted 8 years ago

I think kind hearted people have good soul. They have guts to help other people. They are mistress because they think from heart. They always loved everyone.

3. profile image54
    Jayduhposted 8 years ago

Kindhearted people are often taken advantage of. Being kindhearted is good but you just have to be cautious of the people you surround yourself with.

4. profile image0
    Kevin Goodwinposted 8 years ago

Kind hearted people are simply mistreated because they never stand up to anyone. They allow themselves to get stomped all over each day of their live. But they do sleep better at night.

5. profile image0
    sandrawelchposted 8 years ago

I think you are looking at this from the wrong slant.  I am generous, kind and have a good nature.  Yes, I am swayed by a pity party or a sob story.  But, in giving, whether it is my time, my money or my resources, I do so with the understanding, that as long as I do so with the purest of intentions, then I have owed up to my responsibilities to others around me.  I can not always choose, what or how some one uses what I give them.  I can only hope that it is used for the intention it was asked for, and not wasted.  But either way, what is given is given, and does not allow me to dictate how it is used or wasted.

6. A M Singh profile image57
    A M Singhposted 8 years ago

We usually decide that our act are cool  but it may be favorable for others or not ! We treat ourselves like a sheep which blindly follow the heard.  In a generic term our actions bounded with our mind sets and we expect something as outcome as per our predictions. We think that other should treat us in the same way. I am not denying that there are persons which treat themselves shrewd and most intelligent person on the earth as they feel happy to cheat and play with emotions of others. But it doesn't mean that kind heart people are mistreated. We can't be liberal for all the cases and if so then we need to work towards our attitude. It is our fault and we have to learn from our old mistakes but remember don't evaluate everyone with the same eye.

I am kind and so others are as well, we all are blessed with the kindness of almighty god. Tough time are part of life when we get chances to recognize  the  kind heart people who stand with us , motivate to overcome.

7. Hui (蕙) profile image59
    Hui (蕙)posted 8 years ago

Because the kind hearted people is a minority, probably rare, then people in majority generally feel hard to believe in what they do not have.

8. Gaurav Oberoi profile image68
    Gaurav Oberoiposted 8 years ago

The right side of the brain is responsible for kind behaviour. People who are right brained are also the ones who are incapable of manipulating situations and people which is considered to be one of the most important survival tactics. Hence, right brained people are considered to be creative, imaginative and kind but less likely to survive in the contemporary global scenario and are thus falsely considered to be weak.

9. Viki Pan profile image33
    Viki Panposted 8 years ago

Kind-hearted people are just very ingenious and they tend to believe everything they are told or shown. Their main purpose in life is to treat other people the way they wish to be treated themselves and that is their main mistake as well. No, I don't mean that I'm not trying to be kind-hearted and to help other people if they need my help. What I'm trying to say is that everything has its own limits and kind-heartedness is not the exception!
    No one and nothing can prevent you from helping other people and doing generous things. Being a kind-hearted person means to support and take care of other people, but you should not forget about yourself as well.
    Unfortunately, there are dishonest and even devious people who try to take advantage of kind-hearted men and women and use their intentions in their own purposes. We often hear and read in the mass media about such cases, so kind-hearted people just have to be cautious and attentive when deciding to help other people, especially when it concerns money or other material things.

10. Ricki-Lee Keeley profile image68
    Ricki-Lee Keeleyposted 8 years ago

Because they never see when they are being used. Or they do more for the person than others would and it is eventually taken for granted. It is a sad cycle.

11. Shyron E Shenko profile image68
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 8 years ago

Ericka, it is simple, bullies mistake kindness for weakness, and it makes the bully feel stronger.

12. poppyr profile image93
    poppyrposted 8 years ago

They have good hearts and are easy to take advantage of.

13. RLWalker LM profile image60
    RLWalker LMposted 8 years ago

Because the state of society is that it is highly competitive. Naturally those who are more generous, forgiving and well assuming of others, get taken for a ride by those who are more opportunistic and callous.

14. suraj punjabi profile image68
    suraj punjabiposted 8 years ago

I think you are confusing kind hearted with "easily manipulated" or "gullible". Bill Gates is kind hearted, his foundation which he created with his wife is a proof of that. I do not think he is mistreated. If any he is treated like royalty. Being mistreated has to do with choices. If you choose to be mistreated you will be, kind hearted or not.
    Except may be for children. Lots of children are mistreated nowadays, especially in developing countries where they become child labors. But that is an exception. even then, they can be mistreated because they are innocent, if they were smart and could stand up for themselves I think it would be a different story.

15. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12154525_f260.jpg

Kind hearted people are misunderstood, if not underappreciated or unappreciated in our cutthroat culture & society.  Unfortunately,  our culture & society values those who are more cynical in nature.  Kind hearted people are considered to be suckers, especially to the unevolved among us.  They are viewed as gullible & guileless.  They are equated to being unintelligent.  It is widely believe that if they were more intelligent, they would say people the way they truly are.

Our culture & society have endlessly inculcate us with the premise that kindness=weakness & that the world is a jungle where only the strongest & most cunning survive.  A subset of our culture & society even believe in the premise to take advantage of others before they take advantage of the former.   Because of our cynicism & aggressiveness in dealing with others, having a consciousness & mindset of lovingkindness is viewed as quite suspect.  It is believed that something has to be totally amiss in a person who is kind hearted.

Also, there is the premise of return.  In order, I will do for you if you do for me.  Many times, kind hearted people do not seek reciprocation for their acts which many people deem as downright odd, if not strange.  What people do not understand, they sometimes deride.  Since kind hearted people do not seek reciprocation for their acts & deeds, it is considered that such people have no boundaries which others feel is their license to test, even take advantage of the former's kindness.   Many people assert that because kind hearted people are trusting & have little or no boundaries, they feel that they can use, even abuse such people.

16. bluesradio profile image56
    bluesradioposted 8 years ago

cause most people think that if you are kind-hearted, you are weak and a pushover...I should know I am one of the most kind-hearted people you will ever meet...

17. importantopinions profile image61
    importantopinionsposted 8 years ago

We forgive too much, let things slide too much, we are afraid to hurt back the one's hurting us, because it hurts us to disappoint others.

18. profile image0
    ValKarasposted 8 years ago

Many folks of lower intelligence are driven by animalistic instincts, as their primitive brain dominates over their front lobe. So, they tend to be guided by the  "laws of the pack", imposing their "alpha" image over those submissive members.

Many kind people are the ones who, for one reason or another, never developed defensive mechanisms in their personalities that would, on animalistic/energy level ward off bullies. Maybe they were intimidated too often in early life, so they shy away from any confrontation. Maybe they just lack testosterone or something, and so they are bound to develop that "victim syndrome"  - being pushed around in life.

We all know how some people "radiate" that warning sign telling everyone that they won't take b/s from anybody. And you can "sense" those who are inviting mistreatment by their mild manners. It's cruel injustice to these delicate and often noble and altruistic souls.

However, they don't have to stay that way. Many times just changing the body language will make the whole difference. A straight posture; abdominal breathing that massages solar plexus, that intricate network of nerves with our "will power centre"; looking people in the eye, smiling at provocations, making the bully wonder "what kind of advantage is behind that smile".

Confident folks don't shift and scan with their eyes, as if always expecting an attack  -  so looking straight ahead and "resting glance" will send a message that you are feeling safe.

All in all, you can stay kind hearted, without being an invitation to bullying. I am a kind dude, but I still hold myself like a soldier, some five decades after my military service, and my friendly smile is never taken too lightly. You can be very kind, and very assertive at the same time.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

EXCELLENT statement!

19. profile image0
    cy10posted 8 years ago

From personal experience, kind people are usually too "kind" to defend themselves or fight back if they are mistreated.

They are seen as weak because they don't fight back and are targeted even more, which is really cruel, because kind-hearted people usually do not intentionally hurt anybody. These people are taken advantage of just because of their nice nature, just because they are the better persons.

Kind-hearted people usually ignore insults - they try to see the good in people and give them more chances. However, some people just don't  understand that kind people ARE NOT weak - they just see them as an opportunity to be mean.

20. Chathushkie profile image60
    Chathushkieposted 8 years ago

Simply because people take advantage of your kindness smile They know you are kind and therefore forgiving, so its up to them to play with your life

21. profile image56
    jepat12345posted 7 years ago

Kind people see negativity, but do not embrace it. They feel anger, but simply do not act upon it.
    If there are those who feel that kind hearted people are easily mistreated......and therefore mistreat them.......they will one day realize their ignorance. The truth is, they have simply been OUTSMARTED.
    http://jepatoke.blogspot.com

22. Edge Valmond profile image60
    Edge Valmondposted 7 years ago

There are many factors on why. Kind hearted people are usually shut out for being different. This goes back to basic psychology. Human's usually push away those that are different from them. It's not their fault,more or less it is how they were raised. I don't want to get into an endless discussion. Mainly because there is not enough words to completely give you an explanation. Though kindness can be taken as a form of weakness. It can also be that a person rejects kindness since they never experienced what true kindness is,etc. I may seem like I guess a prick,I mean come on,beinh too kind is just being boring. Though I have principles and morals that keeps me in line,and from making horrible decisions. Though I guess at times I am kind hearted. I would usually do many things for others without leaving a trace that I was ever there. Not sure why,but some part of me just thinks it is better that they never know and allow them to be happy. On the outer exterior I can seem harsh,but every step of the way I am always trying to teach someone a valuable lesson. I suppose in short I am not direct but indirect. Which as a result has me being treated harshly since it takes awhile for others to understand what I am trying to teach them. Though once they learn,it sticks with them forever. Only one person actually figured me out,and once she realized that I was helping her and everyone else...she stuck to me like gorilla glue+duck tape -_-. Eh,it was nice I suppose. So kind hearted people comes in many different ways. As a result they can be shunned quite easily. It's nothing to fret over,you don't do things to gain recognition if you are kind hearted. You do it because you want someone else to be happy.

23. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 7 years ago

Kindhearted people can often mistaken by others because they always believe what the other one says.others can easily fool them .

24. Kiss andTales profile image59
    Kiss andTalesposted 7 years ago

Ga 5:22 22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
    These reflect our Heavenly Father .

But anyone doing the opposite can also reflect another type of person.
    Joh 8:44 44 "You are from YOUR father the Devil, andYOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie].

So you have two categories we either mimic our Heavenly Father
    Or we are copies of satan who is a father as well in our actions and conduct.
    The choice lives with us every day of our lives .
    So we will be effected when we reflect our Father because satan wants to prove we are not worthy of our Heavenly Fathers love and blessings soon to usher in.
    If we endure good we will reap what we sow.
    2Ti 4:5 5 You, though, keep your senses in all things, suffer evil, do [the] work of an evangelizer, fully accomplish your ministry.

2Co 5:10 10 For we must all be made manifest before the judgment seat of the Christ, that each one may get his award for the things done through the body, according to the things he has practiced, whether it is good or vile.

That is why satan will always attack the good .But the good will always prevail .

1. Kiss andTales profile image59
      Kiss andTalesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

In reality there have always existed the good as the opposite the bad.
      Also kindness has its opposites as well. The point is you can be kind and merciful , loving ,it certainly does not make you weak. But makes you strong to stand against opposers

25. profile image0
    Diana Abrahamsonposted 7 years ago

Sometimes people that are openhearted and giving will be open to the negative as well. Prayerfully ask who you should closely associate with!

26. profile image0
    marcuscaineposted 7 years ago

Because when people are kind-hearted, they also tend to be easy to walk over. They can be too nice and people take advantage of that

27. profile image56
    Belisariusgwposted 7 years ago

I never felt a need to prey on people with obvious flaws and/or insecurities my whole life since childhood...

I slowly realized however that most human beings pounce on those with openings (whether it be weakness manifested by social anxiety or otherwise). It's all to stroke the ego.

Most people will not appreciate your kindness and pure hearted nature for what it is and will exploit it to harm you in some fashion. But know what the hidden benefit is?

When you do connect with someone on a deep level, you now have a bound that the ego strokers of the world would die for.

Real people make real friends with few acquaintances.

Fake people have few if any close friends and many acquaintances.

28. CapCooL profile image80
    CapCooLposted 7 years ago

From my experience some people just like to take advantage of the nice folks. They see them as easy targets, but not everyone is like that.

29. profile image58
    Songbird Bellaposted 7 years ago

Although kindness does not equal weakness, kindness can be taken advantage of. Stay alert. There are few genuine hearts left.

30. Omar Eldamsheety profile image75
    Omar Eldamsheetyposted 7 years ago

Most of people think that kind people are week so they will not pay back the bad things .

31. Brians Review profile image61
    Brians Reviewposted 7 years ago

That question makes an assumption that I'm not willing to stand by. I think vulnerable people are the most mistreated. Children and the elderly, for example, tend to be victimized more than kind, intelligent, well meaning individuals.

32. profile image59
    WaseyNawabposted 7 years ago

Because they always trust people but in return what they get is just betrayal and this is spreading evil and hatred amongst all so equality Nd peace should be given more importance so that nobody does what he does not want should happen with him.

33. Thomas Finney profile image68
    Thomas Finneyposted 6 years ago

It's the world we live in.

Most of my life I've played the nice guy, a,ways helping people out when I can but never getting help in return. Always treated like trash and tossed aside once the person finds something better.

Many it's because they just use you, leave you to the wolves once they are done getting what they need. They're like parasites, draining the life of good folk.

They don't care who you are, what you have done nor what you want to do. They see a person who only wants to help, to be nice and generous, they see someone they can manipulate and destroy.

I cannot tell you how many times I have been stabbed in the back by friends and people I thought liked me, I'm only a few minutes of entertainment to them. Someone who they can just be with till some guy with muscles comes around.

We get taken advantage of because we live in a world with people who only care about themselves, they will screw over anyone they can just to get ahead and since the most kind hearted people try to help they succeed.

34. Theophanes profile image90
    Theophanesposted 6 years ago

Because kind hearted people can see every situation from every angle. This means when someone is pushing us around we're far more likely to excuse their behavior because we know where it's coming from - but this doesn't make it right. Another reason is that if we don't fight back we're just putting ourselves in the line of fire for the next round. Push overs.

35. Deborah Minter profile image91
    Deborah Minterposted 6 years ago

Because not everyone else is kind hearted.

36. Alan Grace profile image60
    Alan Graceposted 6 years ago

Whatever you see in this life is the result of the past life karma. When we are binding karma, it consist of both - merit as well as demerit. When they are being mistreated, it is the result of their demerit karma.  https://goo.gl/ZpRJLE

37. amcdeezy718 profile image60
    amcdeezy718posted 6 years ago

In today's society, we live in a dog eat dog wold where one will throw another under the bus to make themselves look good in the eyes of a superior person.
    Unfortunately, it is human nature to go for the easy target rather than constantly accept a challenge that is never a guarantee.
    Look at it in a different perspective....think of animals in the wilderness hunting to survive and living meal to meal each and every day. A lion spots a wounded Zebra who has strayed from the group and is unaware of the Lion's presence entirely. More than likely the Lion would choose to go for the guaranteed meal by killing the wounded Zebra who can't entirely defend off the attack of the Lion rather than taking a risk on their prey escaping and still being hungry but now too tired to hunt much longer.
    People also prey on the weak and vulnerable in life. Rather than settle for a challenge  in an unpredictable situation, they go after the one who they know without a doubt will get what it is they are in need of. Easy target+easy results.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)