What milestones have you set for your hubbing?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (23 posts)
  1. collegedad profile image67
    collegedadposted 11 years ago

What milestones have you set for your hubbing?

I decided to write hubs as a way to relieve tension. Just sitting down and writing something that is not class related is relaxing. Then I decided that I really like what I'm doing so I started to set goals for myself. Increasing my followers from 18 to 36 was a milestone. Writing 20 hubs was a milestone. Increasing my average daily hug views from 4 to 10 was a milestone. Not much of a milestone, but a milestone just the same. Now I see my accolades and I want to increase those. The desire to do better is never ending!

What are your milestones?

2. katyzzz profile image60
    katyzzzposted 11 years ago

To achieve better responses, by way of comments to my hubs, to not spend too much time on hubbing, to cotton onto what receives the most response in questions, to up my followers and to gradually be upgraded by hubpages, and if I find I no longer like what I am doing, and continue to not receive much in the way of responses I'll turn in another direction, meantime I am maintaining my skills for stringing words together should I ever need that again and I definitely want more remuneration for the time I put in, not simply peanuts, so I guess that makes me something of a monkey, but I could be worse, couldn't I?

Nice question and nice prelude from you, I hope you set the orchestra going.

3. Wesley Meacham profile image60
    Wesley Meachamposted 11 years ago

Milestones that I've set are 30, 50 and 100 hubs.

I have other goals but I don't really think of them as milestones. Increasing traffic is a goal, gaining more followers, writing on a greater range of topic, getting traffic from outside of hubpages. These are all goals that I have.

Some of them have started to work themselves out. If I get an idea, I write about it and that sometimes helps to expand the range of topics. It also of course puts me one hub closer to my milestones.

I kind of like the accolades but I don't really think about them. I'm not going to purposely try to do anything just to get an accolade. Those will come naturally on their own in time.

Actually what I think I want most out of hubpages at the moment is simply becoming a better writer. I don't know if that's happening or not but we'll see.

4. Cre8tor profile image92
    Cre8torposted 11 years ago

I'm creeping up on 10k views and working diligently to finish the apprenticeship program right now. After that, much like Wesley, I want to use what I've learned to be a better writer and hopefully get something picked up by a magazine or something. I've met more than one hubber whose been awarded space in major publications for a hub they've written or piece they've written elsewhere. Some are writer's by trade but others give much credit to HP for helping them advance into their own.

I too don't worry much about scores and accolades though it is nice to see it up or that badge pop up, they happen on their own as a bonus to my efforts. Best of luck reaching your goals.

5. rjsadowski profile image70
    rjsadowskiposted 11 years ago

My goal is to complete 300 quality Hubs and have at least 500 followers the first year. I also hope to have at least 100 views a day but preferably 150 or more. I find these goals difficult but attainable.

6. alphagirl profile image77
    alphagirlposted 11 years ago

No miles stones. I want to enjoy being here without the stress of meeting another goal. I originally came here out of curiosity. Then after writing a a few hubs, months later, seeing the accolades and just meeting others here have been rewarding. A desire to do better is always on the agenda. I think I am content for now.

7. WorkAtHomeMums profile image86
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 11 years ago

My only milestone to reach at the moment is to publish 100 hubs in 100 days...almost there.  Hard work though and I'm enjoying the accolades that have come too.

8. Anishpat profile image76
    Anishpatposted 11 years ago

I would love to get to a dollar a day smile

9. gabgirl12 profile image60
    gabgirl12posted 11 years ago

Well I haven't yet found my niche, so up until now I don't have much in the way of 'milestones'. I am interested in getting accepted for the Hubpages apprenticeship. But, they require you to have 'already existing blog, website or collection of published online work'.

It seems like they want you to have already been a 'self made' writer.

I suppose for immediate matters, I wan't to have done at least 20 hubs before the end of June. Right now I have 11. I've been here for a year (on and off) because I seem to just be constantly busy.

10. mathira profile image76
    mathiraposted 11 years ago

I want to get more page views and now I do not know how much you can earn through hub pages. I am exploring that.

11. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

I don't really have 'milestones', just goals.  To write at least two hubs a week is the main one.  My other goal is to answer all comments I receive ASAP.  Of course making comments on hubs I read is a given to me.  Hub Pages is a great place to be, with or without milestones.  I hope it continues to be as much fun for me as it is now after fifteen months.

1. mary615 profile image83
      mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more.  You and I think alike!

12. Doc Snow profile image87
    Doc Snowposted 11 years ago

I next want to reach 200 daily page views on a consistent basis, and $2 a day in HPAds.

Right now, page views are falling after a barn-burning start to the year, but I hope to be able to address this following the travels I have coming up in the next three weeks.

13. Frank Atanacio profile image74
    Frank Atanacioposted 11 years ago

Like you  I used Hubpages  just to try relaxing and trying to write something different  after seeing views grow and friends follow  I too started to see how far I can go..  here now over 300  hubs  250  followers  16 months over 15000  views..  the only goal that seems out of reach is making any money  LOL  saying that cuz  nearly two years and not a dime  sad  but that  isn't  important anymore  that goal is probably unattainble  for about another  3 to 4 years..  but great question my friend  and keep on Hubbing!!!

14. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 11 years ago

My only current goal is to reach 20,000 views by August. I like to increase my followers but have noticed it doesn't seem to change much since only a certain number of those followers will actually read and share my work. Really I just want to build views by writing more hubs.

15. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

Good question.  Now, if I only had a clear answer for you.......HubPages, for me, was merely another platform/outlet for my writing, which I have done for well over 40+ years.  Most recently, I wrote a monthly article for a local community magazine.  I also created business manuals for major companies for years.  I did this as a sideline to my life career.
    Since retiring 9 years ago.....with my time pretty much my own, writing is a form of relaxation, entertainment and expression for me.  Joining here was one of the better decisions I ever made on a personal level.  I NEED to write just as sure as I need air and water.  I had no particular "goals" nearly a year ago when I signed on here, other than self-satisfaction as well as the "interaction" with fellow-authors.
    These have been realized beyond my expectations.
    Milestones?  I am in no frenzy to reach a number of specific milestones......as they occur, I am grateful and proud.  I celebrate as the milestones present themselves.
    My years of experience in life has granted me the wisdom to firmly believe that all things happen in their own perfect time for a reason and a purpose.  The Universe will never fail us.  All of life is as it is meant to be at any given moment.

16. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 11 years ago

I take more of an Etch A Sketch approach to Hub goals, rather than using milestones.  The reason why is because my work schedule does not allow for a rigorous approach to writing Hubs that conforms to milestones (such as, I will reach 70 Hubs by the end of May 2012), so I just write what I can when I can.  However, I have developed Hub writing and sharing protocols that I follow to ensure my Hubs are search engine optimized and are easily found on search engines and HubPages.  I also regularly backlink my Hubs on sites like RedGage and Digg.

BTW, regarding relieving tension through writing.  I have always found writing to be a great way to clear my head and get into a good state of mind.

17. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image61
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 11 years ago

Mine also goes same as yours.  I wish to get more followers, write more hubs preferably 50 numbers by 2013 March when I celebrate my 1st anniversary with hubpage.  Also wish to achieve more accolades and to earn a reputed name from this platform.

18. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 11 years ago

43 Hubs was what I aimed for.. this is what I have..one is not published. It is enough for me

19. AM Hanson profile image68
    AM Hansonposted 11 years ago

i just started a week or two ago (don't remember really haha) but i know that getting 5 followers was a big one for me.  writing 10 hubs was one, as was filling out my 15th question.
    but the biggest achievement for me was simply the first time I commented on a hub that I felt really, really strongly about in the hope that I could help the hubber with their problem.  They ended up completely ignoring my comment for the most part, but I still was proud of myself for speaking up in defense of others

20. brsmom68 profile image82
    brsmom68posted 11 years ago

My main goal here is to become a better writer. I look back on some of my first Hubs and think...oh my! I have recently been accepted into the Apprenticeship Program, so successfully completing it is my main milestone at this point. Aside from that, it will be nice to get the 10K views accolade - I'm getting closer every day! It has taken me over two years to get to this point, but worth every minute.

21. Kris Heeter profile image70
    Kris Heeterposted 11 years ago

I set a goal to reach 10,000 views by the end of this month and 350 follows...I'm very close to both.  I've been aiming for 3 hubs per week  but that's not always been possible.   I too find it's been a great way to relieve tension!

22. collegedad profile image67
    collegedadposted 11 years ago

Wow I didn't expect such a great response. So many people are working so hard to make Hubpages a great place. I think we all want to be successful with our hubbing. It is interesting to how varied our goals are. Thanks for the great response!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)