STARVED FOR SEX?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (74 posts)
  1. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

Ok. so according to the law passed in afghanistan,  a man can starve his wife if she refuses to have sex with him! So, my question: Is the woman allowed to starve the man if he isn't satisfying her in bed?!!
    I guess not.....

(http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir … id=7313268)

1. smokenchic profile image61
      smokenchicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make lite of your situation. I'm sorry, about what u are going through. It is sad, I personally don't know what I would do. Can u leave him?

myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks, but hey, don't worry. I'm not personally involved (I happen to live a most normal life in london)....it's just the Afghan women who have my sympathies....

2. video lost profile image59
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The wife can make her husband understand about the problem, if there is some medical solution then a doctor can be consulted but if the case became worse and the wife can not bear any more and wants to get rid of him then she can get a divorce from him or can become separated from him by consulting the court for the negation of marriage agreement.

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

An eye for an eye makes the world blind.
      —Mother Teresa

Doesn't make sense to always do to the other person the same as they do to you (by wronging each other). At some point one has to be mature enough to break the cycle of insanity, or just suffer a life of misery.

However, in this case, if a woman is starving, and I was that woman, I would do what it takes to get food, and at the same time protect myself.

4. andromida profile image56
      andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If law does not support Afgan women,I think they are smart enough to find a alternative solution.See if you wanna reach your final destination, you may choose one out of  many many paths.smile

5. profile image0
      Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know few men that wouldn't give up food for sex, so starve me baby! Hunger enhances the experience!

LOL!!! smile

6. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, unfortunately some countries are still very male dominated, (I presume this is often enforced by religious law but I do not want to spark a religious debate here) I think, as any sane person would that it is disgusting to force marriage, force the way the women dress, and force them to have sex. Women are not items, and any progressive person should be able to see that.

Exactly! it's insane really what some of these women have to put up with.....and worse, think it's the 'norm'!

2. Jane Dee Summers profile image59
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

No, dearest myownworld, find another man. If he doesn't know what he's supposed to do by now, it aint going to get any better.

3. Cynicist profile image60
    Cynicistposted 14 years ago

No, men are better than woman therefore we can treat you however we feel

The order is like this

Man > Boy > Horse > Cow > Dog > Rat > Woman.

No go and make me a nice sandwich and stop troubling you little brain with all this, thanks darling tongue.

1. lindagoffigan profile image58
      lindagoffiganposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You forgot girl, I guess you have to start over and place girl, man dub be dud dud

4. Cynicist profile image60
    Cynicistposted 14 years ago

That last post was a joke by the way. But seriously 2 wrongs don't make a right, I mean come on that's pre-school stuff right their.

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

That is nuts and I hope before they demand they wash up ! smile
    I would rather starve then have high demands on me and not getting thing in return, there is a balance in the demand that is how it is supposed to be. smile

6. Gemsong profile image62
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

The title of this thread was most misleading. I am disappointed. I was ready to take notes.

1. smokenchic profile image61
      smokenchicposted 14 years agoin reply to this

me to disappointed that is. big_smile

2. anjalichugh profile image69
      anjalichughposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol  lol

7. Anti-Valentine profile image73
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I thought it was more spam.

8. myownworld profile image73

lol!! Sorry to disappoint....Does that mean I have to go without food now?!

9. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

"In Shariah law, it states that a woman cannot go out without the permission of her husband," he said. He argued that the law is permissive because it allows a woman to go out for a medical emergency or other urgent reason without asking.

gosh. how nice of them roll

that's pretty whacked.

10. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

This law is simply sick.

11. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

I would feed you just for kisses ladies lol

1. Lisa HW profile image63
      Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

See?  There are still a few gentlemen in the world today.   lol  lol  lol  There's nothing like a guy who doesn't want to starve his girlfriend or wife.   lol

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I forgot to say..... the feeding stops at 11 stone! lol

Sorry, insensitive joke....

Ah...we have a new diet plan on our hands...gain excessive weight...deny your man...the rest will be taken care of... lol...sounds doable...what do u think?

1. anjalichugh profile image69

Why do you want to disfigure yourself for making him starve. That's being harsh to your own self. Isn't it?

2. Gemsong profile image62
      Gemsongposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am now in deep like. What a gentleman.

1. anjalichugh profile image69

I agree. smile

12. myownworld profile image73

wow...a dinner date AND the promise of good stuff to follow...hmm.....

13. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

And some ask why, in the larger scheme of things, just how Mark Knowles is providing a valuable service. wink

The Taliban are just a bunch of stupid little boys who were not raised the way they should have been, but instead amid war and the glorification of violence, war, and fundamental religious oppression. 

Completely disgusting.

14. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

let us all just please our partners and be done with it, starting from tonight

15. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Oh please...this should be the last way one should starve.. like for real!! smile

16. Lady_E profile image60
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Lol Brenda.

I just feel really sorry for the women of Afghanistan. Sometimes I feel like they're oppressed and I'm not just talking sex.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oooh, maybe just a little bit.

17. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Maybe the more enlightended societies( on the moon somewhere) lol could show the Afghans how to combine food aaaaand...sex wink

18. shamelabboush profile image51
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Who doesn't satisfy his women is not a man! He's just a burden.

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you say the most lovely things

1. shamelabboush profile image51
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks my dear Brenda, you're such a nice person... smile

19. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

maybe the issue was too much time in bed vs. the couch or desk or shower or ...

20. myownworld profile image73

hmm..seems Afghan women are not the only ones starved here...some of us aren't getting it either!

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mmmmm, so, it's been three months since you posted this, and STILL you haven't got a response! Time for those bikini pics! ;-D

lol actually videolost killed my joy in it...i.e. till he was killed by someone here!!

21. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

In Merrie Olde Englande, they had the "rule of thumb"--which stated that a man was not allowed to beat his wife with a stick any thicker than his thumb. 

No specific mention of sex one way or the other.

I'm no chubby chaser, but wouldn't starving a woman be kind of counterproductive if she'd reached the point of (a) being uncomfortably bony and (b) passing out from low blood sugar all the time? tongue

1. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or c) when you get really small your menses can cease from occurring so it is difficult getting pregnant

or d) she leaves you because you're crazy for starving her in the first place

2. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of Afghan women suffer from chronic vitamin D deficiency from having every inch of bare skin covered, so in between that and the beatings I'm sure their husbands are used to them being physical wrecks. Heck, in a society like that, it's probably regarded as a good thing to have a woman who's too weak to fight back. sad

1. video lost profile image59

LOL

It's a very petty issue, vit D deficiency can be cured by vit D intake, very simple.

22. DREAM ON profile image83
    DREAM ONposted 14 years ago

I feel terrible about laws that are out of date with the times.I am very proud of being an american.I hope that someday you may feel the pride that I feel.Respect and Honesty and human descency are everything to me.You are not a wife but a sex slave for his every whim.Until things change satisfy yourself and be done with him.

LOL

what descency, honesty and respect do you have ???

23. kephrira profile image61
    kephriraposted 14 years ago

Aren't you glad now that so many of our soldiers have died to protect and support this government? Not. We should withdraw our armies in protest. If terrorists come back to Afganistan then we can go back in specifically to tackle them, but we should not be sending people to die for a government like this, who also almost certainly rigged the recent election.

24. Marketing Sucesso profile image60
    Marketing Sucessoposted 14 years ago

That was funny tongue

25. myownworld profile image73

lol...smartly put Kerryg...made me laugh yes, but it's so sad too, isn't it?

Yes, Andromida, I would want to believe there is hope for them...but most of these women are forced into marriages, some as young as 13,made to wear that suffocating veil, not given much education,publicly flogged for sex before marriage, and stoned to death for adultery....and now this new law! Unbelievable!

Yes, Daniel...as u put it, one needs to break this 'cycle of insanity'....

It's your misconception. No body is forced into marriage. Both sexes willingly get married. And there is nothing wrong in getting married at the age of 13 because at the age of 13 and below almost all of the innocent western adult children are bound to get involved in pre marital sex, rape or molestation in their schools, colleges and parties. So it's better to get married and start a healthy family life.

26. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

A "healthy family life" with a little child for a wife who should be entering high school? You are nuts!

You can be in high school later on.

27. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Your lack of understanding of children is chilling!!!!

28. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Men that can't satisfy a woman's sexual desires should be beheaded.

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gives a whole new meaning to giving head lol !

LOL...good one!!!

29. rider_tiger profile image78
    rider_tigerposted 14 years ago

Here is my favorite The onion news story; it talks about marriage in a fashion the original poster wrote (I don't want to place the web site link because it may be considered promotional). Funniest thing I have seen in years:
    Darling, You Were Well Worth The Nine Goats

My dearest Anjana Shah, it is difficult to believe that we have been husband and wife for five years on this very day. Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday the entire village gathered together to feast in celebration of your acceptance into the Atram family. Do you recall the delicious feast you prepared? Ah, Anjana, dearest wife, there are so many things I would like to express to you, I feel my heart will burst! Dear, sweet wife, we've had our share of troubles, but we're stronger for them. Not once have I regretted our agreement, not for even a second. Darling, just looking into your beautiful brown eyes each morning is worth more than four goats. You were well worth the nine.

Though my father assured me that his choice was sound, I worried initially that he was thinking only of your dowry. I suspected him of choosing you in order to bring the nine goats into our extended family, heedless of the fact that you were not the right woman for me. I feared that your hands were too soft and delicate to work the fields and dig groundnuts. I told my father that, at 16, you were rather old. I worried that your hips were too slim to bear my children, and you confirmed my fears when our first baby was stillborn. That did not please me. And, in our first year of marriage, your habit of slipping out at night to see your sick mother forced me to observe the family tradition and beat you with a bullhide strap. But I promise that I never took pleasure in flogging you. Even as I flogged you, I had affection in my heart.

But in the second year of our star-crossed marriage, you made my affectionate heart soar when you gave me a strong, healthy son. Only 10 full moons later, another son arrived... and then another and another, and today we have hope of a fifth. You may think it strange and impractical for me to say this, but I secretly hope that my next child is a girl. Even though she will be a burden on myself and my sons, you will enjoy teaching her the traditional songs, and she can help you with the cooking of our meals and cleaning of our house. We will guard her purity and, when she reaches the age of 12, she will be able to make another man as happy as you have made me, my beloved angel.

Of course, if the girl should have some defect that would render her undesirable to a potential groom—a clubfoot, for example—then you will drown her beneath the waterfall at Binagonda.

I have always admired your strength, my darling. Even today, though you are heavy with child, you spent the day fortifying the walls of our home with mud and straw. I remember the day you hurt your leg in the fields. In spite of the pain, you spent the entire day working. When you came home with a tear-stained face and only a half-basket of groundnuts, I was so impressed with your perseverance that I sat you down and gave you a cup of ginger tea before I got out the bullhide strap.

But I love you for many reasons besides your strength, my angel. I love you for your purity, broken for the first time on the night of our marriage. Since the night of your deflowering, you have conducted yourself with dignity. You do not raise your voice like some of the women in the village. You did not cry and carry on when our crops were trampled by sheep, though you knew that it would take you several arduous weeks to replant them. You never need to be told to walk three paces behind me. You never need to be told to keep your head down while I speak. You never need to be asked to wash my feet when I come home from a long day of drinking and singing. You are everything to me.

I will never forget the first time I realized how much you mean to me. Do you recall the afternoon when three of the precious dowry goats got loose? Without a thought of the dangers of the approaching night, you searched the entire Deccan Plateau, carrying our son Lam with you all the while, walking as far as the Hanuman Temple at Chaprala. When dawn arrived, I was very worried—and hungry, because you had not been there to prepare dinner the night before (which did not please me). But the fear of losing you to wild animals or bandits made me realize just how much you mean to me. When you finally showed up at the door, I made you promise never to leave the confines of the village again, not even to walk to the market in Vadpur.

The following night, my stomach nicely full, I stayed up very late alone in the night drinking from a bottle of Mahua flower water my father had given me shortly before he passed into his next life. Looking at the stars, set like gems in the inky night, I thanked my father. "Thank you, sir," I said. "Truly, you made the right marriage for me." Anjana Shah, I would not give you up for 20 goats. I would not lose you for even 30 goats. I would not give you up for a bicycle, a cart, or even a transistor radio. Dear heart, I tell you I speak the truth when I say that a thousand raging rivers could not drag you from me! That is how much I love you. I will love you well after the goats have grown too old to produce milk, and have been slaughtered for their meat.

30. myownworld profile image73

And video lost: I've personally interviewed countless afghani women and closely observed their culture for years, so I know what I'm talking about. You must be very naive (to put it mildly) to believe they marry of their own choice, for some of the harrowing tales I've known are quite to the contrary!
    And NO it's not okay to marry at 13 not is starving a woman for sex, which I have a feeling u support too!

Just disgusted....

I dont think you interviewd any of them if so then post them on some legal authorized website not on blog or wikipedia. And scientifically it's very much ok to have sex at the age of 13 for an adult girl because it becomes her nature then and as per science, normally women get puberty from 9-12 where as men get it from 11-14. After that it becomes their by default instict to have sex.

Now the choice is yours whether you want your children getting involved in adultry, molestation, misuse and rape by their peers, school mates, neighbours, party fans or you want them to get married and live a healthy family life. Almost all of the juveniles lose their virginity in their schools and high schools by one way or another. Even the sex education is putting some opposite results on them. 

Also it's not compulsory to get married at 13. Boys and Girls can get married at any age after getting puberty.

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That for me is the most disgusting and vile piece of shit i have read since I joined Hubs and you should be Banned for it you disgust me !

If that was ______ then here are some sweets in the following.

TEENAGE GIRLS SUFFERING MORE ABUSE

The report, entitled 'Partner exploitation and violence in teenage intimate relationships' is the first study in Great Britain to provide a detailed picture of the incidence and impact of teenage partner violence. 1,353 young people, between 13 and 17 years old from England, Scotland and Wales took part in the research survey and 91 young people took part in in-depth interviews. The report was authored by Christine Barter, Melanie McCarry, David Berridge and Kathy Evans from the University of Bristol and funded by the NSPCC and the Big Lottery Fund. A summary of the report will be available to download for free NSPCC - September 1st 2009.

31. natureheals profile image75
    naturehealsposted 14 years ago

I have heard that some women are ok with the way her husband treats her. Well... I guess there are both good and bad guys out there.  I just don't like the idea of men dominating women and treat her like his possession, not as a human being. sad

32. myownworld profile image73

((((pssst.... Someone please save us from a lune amongst us...who's only mission is to antagonize/preach/judge people here and not write a single hub! )))))

33. myownworld profile image73

thx badcompany...yeah... that abt sums it up smile

34. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

LOL of course just returning the favor nyahahahaha big_smile

big_smile u mean u did it???

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The male ones hehehe can also do the same thing of starving their wife. big_smile

35. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi MOW...Sex is free when you are both consenting adults , specially if you are  married so why are you going to starve each other in terms of sex. Sex releases tension and makes you more relax and happy. Afghanistan is a repressive society and doesnt respect womens rights. They treat women as trash too.

smile (hugs) yes, I know pretty....these laws are being perpetuated by men to suit themselves! And the women are just getting unhappier....and miserable....and ironically, overweight too because of all the endless children they give birth to! insane!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes it is insane...MOW thanks for the hugs beautiful woman

smile smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)