I Guess Im A Bit Offended (But Not That Much)

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Well as some of you know by now I have started a blog where I am featuring peoples Hubs.

Its pretty simple, I find blogs I like, give it a short review and then post it on the blog.

Well as many of you also know I have admitted to having other accounts on here as well.  Well I have got at least 6 emails accusing me of posting my alter egos hubs on this blog.

Well I know the blog is very young yet and gets no traffic yet.

I do assure everyone I will never post any of my alter ego accounts hubs.

I am planning on buying a domain name quite shortly for the blog and maintaining it by writing articles to drive outside traffic to it.

Those who have been on the blog so far know they are not me.

Anyways I wont take these accusations to seriously but for those who care I will not be posting hubs from my other accounts and just from other hubbers.

Anyways I wont promote the link here but if you want to see the early blog you can find the link on my profile page.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

jeez louEEZ

i am amazed at some people's obsession with the comings and goings of their fellow hubbers. who gives a cr-p. tell them to go to h--l.

2. Texasboy39 profile image60
      Texasboy39posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dale, The way I see it, it doesn't much matter what you do. There are going to be some people out there that are going to say negative things. Just look what they did to the One that could walk on water..I say what you are doing is a great idea and you shouldn't let the unhappy few bother you.

Good Luck and keep being you.
      James   aka   Tex

2. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Come on Dale, it is YOUR blog! WTF? They are crazies. smile

Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh I know dude, just not a big fan of getting accused of stuff I dont do but also why I said not that offended

Thanks for the support though

3. Eaglekiwi profile image76
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

I dont get what your meaning Dale -sorry
    Ya mean yer copying hubs ? or something

People have accused me of building the blog to only promote my alter ego hubs.  That is very far from the truth.

Each post on the blog so far is from a real hubber and none are mine from any of my other accounts.

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
        Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark Knowles and Pam can't be your alter egos. Let them talk(its good for the business lol).

2. Kadmiels profile image51
        Kadmielsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

who cars if you do its your blog.. you should promotr your own stuff too

3. profile image0
        rednckwmnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats cool. but, its your  blog? promote wharever you want!!! sheesh, sorry people gotta be so nuts to you.

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Don't worry about what ppl say Dale. they just jealous that you haven't psoted their hubs or something. I say do what you keep doing smile

5. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I checked it out, and I think it looks great.  Don't worry what people say.  It's your blog, and your business.  As long as you are crediting the hubbers, I don't see the problem.  Some people will complain about anything.

6. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Dale, can we have the URL please? Thanks!

7. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I think what you are doing is great. Keep up the good work.

8. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Hmmm...URL please Dale? Thanks!

Sorry stepped out for a bit.  I dont know if Im allowed to post the link here so it is on my profile page.  When someone says its okay i would post it in the forum but I doubt anyone is going to say its okay  lol

9. profile image0

I was going to ask for it too. Irohner stop reading my mind dang it lol

10. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

its on his profile

11. yoshi97 profile image57
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

My dog is afraid to walk past our basement door ... can I blame Dale for that?

Seriously ... I agree that it's not a big deal. smile

Ah what the hell you may as well put it all on me tonight and then tommorow we will blame some one else  lol.

Just cant figure out some people.  The thing is a couple of them have pretty good hubs that will not get featured because they will probably knock me for that as well.

OH well

Cheers

1. ledefensetech profile image67
        ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you've got people harassing you about something like that, you must be doing something right.  There are always going to be small people who try to tear those down who are better than them.  I'd not pay them any mind at all.

1. profile image0
          Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear Hear. Ledefensetech said it best...HEY you changed your avatar by the way nice.

2. Dale Mazurek profile image61

I have loved Hubpages since the minute I started here.  I work hard to make money as an affiliate who thinks outside the box.

I have never spammed a single link here but still there are people who think oh sure he is just tricking someone.

Ah whatever and thank you for your support

3. Dame Scribe profile image57
          Dame Scribeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Dale smile how can you fly with the Eagles if you're scratching with the Turkeys tongue wink hehe ...is none of their business. Gawd...little minds .. tongue lol you doin something good, Dale, keep at it n never mind those whiners tongue  big_smile

12. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Ignore them who cares!!! Have fun with it and don't let the negative get you down I believe that is called hubbing envy! big_smile

Well it wont let me down I guess I just dont understand some people.

13. mayhmong profile image76
    mayhmongposted 14 years ago

I can already guess who would be dumb enough to be offended. Its just a blog?

14. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

If you have alter egos here on HP who are writing hubs and you choose to include those on YOUR blog, why is that a problem? It only makes sense to me.
    As stated above, you own the blog and are 100% entitled to post whatever you want on it.
    Don't let the turkeys get you down!!
    MM

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too.

1. Lisa HW profile image62
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree as well.  When it comes down to it, even if someone did that all it would be would amount to using a variety of screen names instead of just one.   I know what you mean about being accused of something (even something that isn't a big deal) wrongly, though.

I have blogs, and I've often been uncomfortable that they don't look like "everyone else's" blog.  (I don't get to them as often as I should, they have "weird" stuff on them, and they're pretty much still in "Phase 1", the way a lot of my Hubs are.  I just had to come around to thinking, "They're mine.  They are what they are.  There's a whole lot worse garbage online than my stuff."   lol

15. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Obviously these people did not read your blog.  Like one of my aunts who once blathered on and on about the evils of a movie she had not seen and never intended to.  Whatever.

<snipped>

16. profile image0

It's okay Dale rmcrayne took care of it for you. and Sorry Dale but Yoshi blames you for his dog not wanting to walk past the basement door. lol yes I'm trying to cause trouble hehehe

17. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago
  18. profile image0

I don't know if you went back to my other thread but I'll post it here too. Dale yu have to read my story about fishing. big_smile since I saw that you are a fisherman.

I giess I will have to write a Hub entiltled fishing with my kids never again lol

19. profile image0

lol omg dale you have to read the other comment on that hub. it is too funny

Actually Army Infantry Mom and I have become pretty good friends here as a result of Hubpages, her stories and her brave son.  I guess I should ask her about that one some time lol.

I just think Im going fishing alone from now on

20. profile image0

That's cool that you guys have become friends. Same with me and her. And yea we have to bug her about that story. I sooo want to hear details lol

Yep sorry your fishing alone from now one Dale lol

21. Dale Nelson profile image38
    Dale Nelsonposted 14 years ago

Hi Dale, I think you should call a board meeting of all the alter egos you represent on hubpages and sit down and have a vote. All you got to do is ask whose against say "Ay".Silent room means do what you want do as the CEO of Dale Mazurek Incorporated.

I understand what youre saying about plagiarism, but the intent is for the greater good of the hubbber community to drive traffic here.So I'm all for your project.If you dont someone will.You just got there first.

22. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Hahah i dont believe people actually saying that about you. Well for a fact your blog is so dar good at the starting level cannot imagine the success it will hit once it reaches heights. I guess they are all envious that they didnot think about the idea first. Look at the title it is ourhubpages if you were so egotistic and only for your personal agenda it would be myhubpages blogspot. lol. Dale always believe that people in this world are never happy seeing others doing well.

So dont be offended just do what feels is good according to you. You are the boss it is your blog. Enough said else i would be banned for exceeding word count limit. lol.

23. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have had a look too. No problems with anything I can see. smile

Nice work Dale! smile

24. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Saw the blog and I must say great work Dale. I just bookmarked it and then I'm creating my own account to follow yours. Keep it up and don't let other people bite you. You're doing a great job, that is all that matters. smile

25. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Also please keep in mind it is your blog, so you are welcome to post your alter ego hubs on it.  Who on earth is accusing you of doing that anyway?  I would say they have way too much time on their hands if they care what you are doing with your blog.  Personally I have usually only blogged about hubbers I feel pretty close too, and they are the type of people who do not worry about things like that.  Do not worry Dale, but do not apologize to those rude ones either.

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With you on all of this SweetiePie! smile

26. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

LOL if you are going to stay with online income game you are going to learn to get a thick skin - I have more than one blog whose ONLY purpose is to promote my own work - do people like it - well really I don't care LOL

The fact that you are promoting other peoples work should mean a) they thank you and b) the promote your blog to your mutual benefit

27. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Shucks, Dale, I'm just impressed all to Whoville that you find the time to READ other people's Hubs!  lol

28. profile image50
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

Don't get offended, it's a great idea and it looks good !

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Pirate Girl, you never cease to amaze me and make me smile. smile

1. profile image50
        PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My Mommy used to say that too smile  Smiling deff suits you, make it a habit ok lol !

29. Dale Mazurek profile image61
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Ah I wasnt offended enough to really lose any sleep lol.  I started this blog to obviously help myself but to help others as well.  I also realize right now it really isnt much but with work I also know that the backlinks on their could be very valuable.

However I must say thanks for all the support and I will keep working on it and make it damn good.

1. profile image0
      Aquaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear it! It looks like you're off to a great start with the blog. smile

2. yoshi97 profile image57
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's the spirit! Now to the naysayers, say it with me!

one ...
      two ...
      three ...

phbt!!!

There, now you can get back to your work, knowing you have paid the naysayers their proper adieu.

Oh, and when you get a chance ... any possibility you can perform  pet psychiatry on my dog? He's still afraid of the basement, and now I think it might be because of Crazdwriter

Sorry about blaming you earlier and all, but she did have an alibi - husband on leave and all ... but then I got to thinking ... she has been on her own for quite a few days, providing ample opportunity to spook my dog. hmmm....

Thats perfect, shes not around to defend herself so lets blame her.

BTW thanks for all the support

Dale

30. tdarby profile image61
    tdarbyposted 14 years ago

Post my hubs!  I think it is just fine.  In fact, who would be bummed that you are pushing your own hubs or someone elses?  Isn't that the point, to create interest in things we write about.

31. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I agree with tdarby.  You are welcome to backlink to my hubs as well.  I saw your blog Dale, and it is coming along well smile.

32. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Great blog, Dale.  You are a kind man and have nothing but the best of intentions.  Anyone who knows you at all can tell that.  Don't worry about these ridiculous accusations.  You have a lot of support from us.  Thanks for being such a positive force in our community. 

Laura

Thank you for the kind words and I truly am glad that people are seeing me for who I am.  Yes I am a marketer but I challenge anyone to show me in one single place where I have spammed, or tried to sell anything except in some of my hubs of course.  however even there I work hard to do it with real class.

Once again thanks for the kind words from a very popular hubster

33. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Hey, Dale, do your thing.  I just don't get what the problem is.  I think you're a decent person--maybe even gnome status, definitely NOT a brownie.

34. Paradise7 profile image69
    Paradise7posted 14 years ago

Oh, and postscript--I made the Duchess O'Blunt's crockpot dish--the Hill Billy Casserole, and tho it isn't quite done yet, it sure smells good.

So Dale, if you need something to smell good while you're dealing with the fortunately very few sorta pissy folk out there who will get into anyone's face about anything, fling together one of the Duchess's crockpot recipes and dine off the smell for about 7 hours.

35. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

I thought the blog was good too!  I actually had no clue you had alter egos!!!  Keep up the good work smile

Thats the thing, my alter egos are really the ones that make the money and I do not associate them with myself.

They too follow the rules and no matter who it is I still follow the same rules I have set out for myself and that is to be different than all the gurus out there that promise the world and only deliver your money to their bank accounts.

36. LondonGirl profile image81
    LondonGirlposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't let any random person throwing inaccurate assertions upset you for a moment. Let them stew if they want to!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)