What do you think happens after you die?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Ranzi profile image75
    Ranziposted 13 years ago

What do you think happens after you die?

2. TinaTango profile image69
    TinaTangoposted 13 years ago

There is nothing.  We have no feeling, no sense of anything.  Life is over.   It sounds kind of sad, but I don't look at it in a sad kind of way.

3. craftybegonia profile image61
    craftybegoniaposted 13 years ago

Absolutely nothing. You cease to think, to breathe, and your completely unconscious to what's happening.

4. windresistant profile image59
    windresistantposted 13 years ago

What evidence could I possibly have to even give an answer to this? All I know is that the brain stops functioning, and the brain is what runs everything I know.

And all I hope is that I make an impression on the world well enough to carry my spirit around for a while.

5. stuff4you profile image58
    stuff4youposted 13 years ago

I'm afraid that its just absolute nothingness. No thoughts or consciousness at any level.

There's no proof it would be otherwise.

6. maria.rose profile image41
    maria.roseposted 13 years ago

Well, I think when you die your soul in your body goes up to heaven and you have a wonderful life there.

7. Richard Fernandez profile image64
    Richard Fernandezposted 13 years ago

We do not know. Which leads me to believe that if there WAS intelligence after death they would have been able to impact our world in a physical way. Like going to the moon for us, taking trips into "the fourth dimension realm" for them. Another way to look at it is: Do you remember being conscious before you were alive? The universe is 4.6 Billion years old, and just now at this sliver in time your "soul" has manifested? It does not make much sense chronologically. Our brains spring from chaos into cell order, and as we get older grow and develop a capacity for intellect. But eventually are brains begin to slow down and disintegrate.  Our brains are just cells that are just molecules that are just arranged in a way to store information. And that is all humans are, information (and hormones).

8. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

This life is temporary and will ended but the life after death will be  permanent and endless.

9. raghavrathi profile image60
    raghavrathiposted 13 years ago

Well, the answer varies according to what you think actually.
    If you are an atheist, for you, the mind and body stops working and you go into absolute nothingness. Your life is finished and you go into an eternal unconsciousness.

But i am a believer (well, mostly. . . . .) n our Hindu Mythology says that when a person dies, his soul is liberated and he reaches heaven or hell according to his deeds in his life.

10. tgopfrich profile image69
    tgopfrichposted 13 years ago

you become reincarnated into something new

11. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 13 years ago

I believe that we are "Spirit Beings" living in human form, and that when the body dies, we revert back to our spirit form and return to God our creator in heaven.

12. Rastamermaid profile image66
    Rastamermaidposted 13 years ago

It's a good question,that I stop thinking about a long time ago.

"Que Sara Sara!"

"Whatever will be,will be".

"The future not ours to see"

"Que Sara Sara!"

Here's something to ponder....

We think we're living now,but what if once we "die",that really you start living.

You think this life is wonderful,maybe you have another but better?

Since I have no control,or any idea what's going to transpire.I live my life to the fullest,enjoying all that I have been blessed with,lovin and respecting others in the now.

13. CARIBQUEEN profile image64
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

Your thoughts perish. Your body goes back to the dust. Your spirit goes back to God

14. Max_Power profile image60
    Max_Powerposted 13 years ago

Hi Ranzi,

You are asking some really great questions today!
    I would be interested to hear what your answer to this question is?
    I personally think that it depends on our beliefs. After they die, some people will be confused and wonder what is going on. Others will realise immediately that they are dead.
    I believe that our loved one's will be there to greet us and make the transition easier.
    For a really determined Atheist it will be possible to remain trapped in between, unable to see, hear or feel their loved ones who are trying to communicate and help. I think that this refusal to acknowledge that you are dead could result in becoming an 'earthbound' spirit. Similar to when you are caught in a dream or nightmare, and can't wake up or work out what's happening.
    Eventually, once we realise we are dead and accept it, the veil will be lifted.
    For those who are more aware I think the afterlife will be much like this one except without pain, hardship or suffering. We will be a more loving and wiser version of ourselves, but won't necessarily have all the answers. Instead we will continue to learn and grow, including from mistakes that we have made on earth. Part of this will be hanging out with like minded people, and still doing many of the things that we enjoy here.
    From time to time I think we can choose to return to 'the classroom' and live another life here until we have outgrown it. To me the spirit world is our true home, and this life is a dream that we will wake up from.
    I do not believe in a 'hell', or that people who suicide or murder will be punished. Without the cloud of mental torment that these people experience here, they will see things more clearly.
    I also think that fear of death (in one form or another) is at the root of many problems throughout the world. It  impacts on the way that we live and is responsible for us struggling for survival, hurting others and destroying the earth.
    If we learned to embrace death, we could relax a little and enjoy our lives and each other. Letting go of fear would enable us to make the most of every moment and live more authentically.

15. www.lookseenow profile image61
    www.lookseenowposted 13 years ago

When our loved ones die, it is natural to mourn.  We can’t help but wonder: What has happened to them? Will we ever see them again?   The world’s religions offer differing answers to what do I think happens after I die.  Is it true that if I lived a good life, I’ll go to heaven, but if my life abounded in wickedness I’ll go to a place of fiery torment?  It seems to be universal in all religions to think that after I die somehow I’ll live on forever somewhere else with the ability to see, hear, and think.

Is that true, and is it what you have been taught?  Well how can that be when you think about it—our senses, along with our thoughts, are all linked to the workings of a brain? At death, the brain stops working. With no working brain there’s no memories, feelings, and senses.  With the brain gone, how can memories, feelings, and senses continue to function independently? 

When a person dies, he ceases to exist. Death is the opposite of life. The dead do not see or hear or think, and that’s a no-brainer.  Not even one part of us survives the death of the body. We do not possess an immortal soul or spirit.

The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

16. Born Again 05 profile image78
    Born Again 05posted 13 years ago

I know that when I die, I will be with my Lord and Savior. There are two eternal destinies; one is Heaven and the other is Hell. You have a choice to make here and now as to where you want to go. Of course I base my statements on my faith in God's Word  as revealed to me in the Bible. Repent of your sin and place your faith and trust in Jesus and you will spend eternity with Him. Reject Him and what He did for you on the cross, and then you can plan on spending eternity in Hell.

17. Neon_Letters profile image61
    Neon_Lettersposted 13 years ago

I think the answer is easy... What happens after you die is the same that happens before you were born.

18. julie58 profile image59
    julie58posted 13 years ago

This depends on your beliefs of course ..

I personally believe that our spirit, that which makes us what we are, continues on a higher plane where we continue to learn and grow and may reincarnate if we so wish ....

19. tom hellert profile image60
    tom hellertposted 13 years ago

I tried to answer this twice my Cpu may already be DeAD-
    as FOR WHAT HAPPENS_I have 2-3 hubbs on this topic as- i have already dird.... so take it from one who knows.....read this
    http://hubpages.com/hub/What-HAPPENS-WH … when-I-did
    and thisone
    http://hubpages.com/hub/What-Happened-R … -came-back
    So- i have the answer.......
    TH

20. profile image49
    reckonerposted 13 years ago

As a Muslim, I can say its clearly described in our religion.
    Prior to your death, each person would be shown his destination Heaven or Hell.
    If its Heaven, its so beautiful that your soul would be eager to leave your body to reach Heaven,
    On other hand, if you are destined to Hell, your soul would never want to leave your body. But it your life means soul would be teared out of the body, and it would be with ultimate pain the person would die (may not be visible to the bystanders).
    The death is not an ending but a beginning to the eternal life.
    there each person would be cross examined with each of his deeds. Those whose sins which is more than his god deeds... would be thrown to the hell.. which is 60% more hotter than the fire in earth. You will be given new skin each time your old skin is burned out, leaving you in continues pain..

For those Atheists who would say these all are bullshit.... everything would end with your death..

But if it didn't ends..? Do you want to take chance?

21. incomeguru profile image94
    incomeguruposted 13 years ago

After death, you wait for the judgment day. The day we'll all give account of our deeds on earth.

22. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

Leeches move in and take all my stuff to auction off to the highest bidder.

23. profile image50
    tina1234posted 13 years ago

People around you will forget you bit by bit, life will continue, the earth turn as usual

24. profile image58
    tommy.tsunamiposted 13 years ago

As near as I can tell, stuff pretty much continues to happen as it did while you were still alive. 

I remember when my grandpop coasted down the hill in his old Ford pickup, went through the guardrail and did a belly flop in the Ohio River.  Within and hour or so, after the maintenance crews fixed the guardrail, things seem to go on as normal.  I'm fairly certian that the same will happen after I die (not the belly flop part, just the "continuance" thing). 

But thanks for asking.  I hadn't thought about it since old "pop-pop" went into the drink.

25. Tech New Stuff profile image59
    Tech New Stuffposted 6 years ago

The people will share the properties, yes?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)