What”tolerant”Hollywood elites say about women&black Trump supporters

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Kayode Doyak profile image61
    Kayode Doyakposted 3 years ago
    1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I saw this, not very convincing though....

I wait for the statistics on the percentages as to who voted for who after the returns are in.

Kayode Doyakposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Convincing of what? Did you even hear what these foul mouthed “actors” said?

2. Sharlee01 profile image79
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

We pay them to entertain, not to offer political opinions.  Anyone with any sense would look at the source, and consider their individual lack of true knowledge.  I find these remarks comical.  Although vile, we must look at the source.   Come on, they are nothing but paid entertainers, think, circus clowns, or poodles that do tricks.  Be good sports, laugh. And yes they are foul-mouthed, it's hard to articulate when one has a minuscule vocabulary.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is an honest question. How was Donald Trump any different from these "paid entertainers" or "circus clowns" as you put it? He was a reality TV star. His business model involves mostly just selling his name. He is foul-mouthed. He started his political career using his celebrity to broadcast his opinions about politics and politicians.

Was he really any different?

Honest question? Really, that question is so loaded it isn’t worth addressing.

There is no comparison whatsoever possible of the president of the United States, a lifelong successful entrepreneur whose business model had nothing to do with the likes of Hollywood pretenders. He has never spewed the kind of rhetoric you find in that video which I am sure you didn’t watch at all. He’s far from perfect, that’s obvious, but to try to justify these Hollywood elitists’ behavior by comparing it to President Trump is so disingenuous.

1. profile image0

I'm not justifying their behavior. I am asking how Trump's behavior was any different.

And there is no comparison or did you not read what I said? Watch the video you refuse to watch! Better yet stop believing the MSM who says Trump has no proof every minute and do some of your own investigating. This is what you will find:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … amp;type=3

1. profile image0

You're all over the place. I thought this discussion was about celebrities.

Well, you would like to make it about celebrities by trying to make out that all Trump is is a celebrity, according to you just like those losers in the video, which you really should force yourself to watch before going down that road..

You are a typical leftist, instead of actually agreeing or disagreeing with or discussing the premise of this thread “What ‘tolerant’ Hollywood elites say about women&black Trump supporters” (which is not about celebrities but about what they say about Women and black Trumpsters), you try to make this first about Trump, then now about me.

Your approach is beyond sophomoric - watch the video!

And what I posted from Facebook is pertinent in further demonstrating how out of touch with reality these elitist Hollywood comments are. The truth is in sight of what has happened and that post they should be joining women and black supporters of Trump instead of debasing them with foul mouthed tirades.

1. crankalicious profile image87
                    crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

https://mashable.com/feature/trump-timeline/

In support of your point though, I've interviewed hundreds of these people. Their skill is to repeat what other people have written down. Generally, I did not find most of them very smart. There were a few - Ben Affleck, Jamie Lee Curtis come to mind. But by and large, I wouldn't go to celebrities for advice on anything other than acting or how to deal with fame.

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

There is a difference in my view. Yes, Trump was a TV entertainer, as well as a businessman, and yes he is foul-mouthed. There is one difference, he came into the political ring, offered an agenda that was very attractive to many, he was voted in, and his job performance in my view was superb. Entertainers come and go, as a rule, they never leave a form of mark. They are remembered in many cases for their talent. Trump pushed the ticket and has done some very good things while in office, and made it all look so easy.  I realize you have a different opinion on his job performance, but I just offered my view.

1. profile image0

Thank you. I understand you think he did a superb job as president.

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

Just my view. I think it has become so clear that some benefited from the Trump presidency, and yes many did not. This is one of the problems we all form our views due to different circumstances, and different idea's of what qualities we find most important in a president.   I am looking for a president that does not use the Government to dictate how I live my life. I will not have ideology pushed on me. I am not into a groupthink mentality.  I prefer to calling my own shots I just need someone to provide fertile ground to be able to do just that.

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"I am not looking for a president that does not use the Government to dictate how I live my life."

Are you sure that came out right?  big_smile

1. Sharlee01 profile image79

Thank you for catching that one... LOL
                  I am looking for a president that does not use the Government to dictate how I should live my life.

2. Live to Learn profile image60
    Live to Learnposted 3 years ago

For the left,  diversity does not include diversity of thought.  It's a cult.  Similar to fringe religious cults. They believe in being told what to say and saying what they are told.

Watch this! It was no software glitch! This was planned!

https://www.facebook.com/1577170181/pos … 17939/?d=n

2. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

+1000000000

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 3 years ago

You watch this stuff? I couldn't make through more than a couple of minutes.

My general comment: You seem to have a basic misunderstanding of the concept of tolerance.

4. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 3 years ago

Why should we listen to celebrities and movie stars?  Here is one answer: a group of them fighting for gun controls...while making millions off of movies full of gratuitous gun violence.

https://youtu.be/k1SZurGArxE

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, Wilderness, are you that fundamental a sort to associate an actors' roles with their political beliefs?

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Missed (or ignored) the point again, did you?  "We must end guns in America!  And while we do that, I will glorify their use in order to make money."  Typical left wing hypocrisy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)