No comments? maybe this instead.

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (77 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

Now that the comment box has gone even from the original hubpage when you publish, maybe put a like or something on it so that people know when it has been read? It just seems so impersonal now.
    I want my friends back commenting! (sob dramatics! lol!)

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

1. Jodah profile image91
      Jodahposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Nell, it is impersonal without comments. A number of us have been sharing each other’s articles in the forums so they get comments. Likes would be better than nothing. Remember the days we could vote hubs up or down, helpful, funny etc?

Nell Roseposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi John, I just miss it all, don't you?  I have no idea why they have taken it off, makes no sense.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image70
      Miebakagh57posted 2 years agoin reply to this

While we're waiting for it to be restored, it's like an anti-virus...Windows Defender working in the background!

1. Brenda Arledge profile image80
        Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like that...good analogy

3. ChitrangadaSharan profile image91
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Nell!
      I completely agree with you. I do miss my friends and their feedback. It’s so frustrating without the comments. There is no joy in reading a cluttered page, leave aside commenting. I think, it is heavily damaging all the hard work of the writers. My page views, as well as the earnings have dropped significantly.
      I don’t think they will ever restore it, in spite of so many requests from the writers, who have contributed in building this website over the years.
      I do get emails from HP fellow writers that they have read my work, but that’s not the way it should be.

Hi Chitrangada, I totally agree with you. I think they have made a huge mistake, but it's not for me to say. I used to love writing on here, but now its only occasionally. Take care

4. Bushra Iqbal profile image79
      Bushra Iqbalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I am sad I can no longer comment on articles. Sometimes, I tweet fellow hubbers' articles urls from my twitter account. This website is really very confusing now - I couldn't find a link for 'forums'. In the end, I replaaced 'feed' with 'forum' in the url box. Luckily, that worked.

https://hubstatic.com/15839696_f1024.jpg

Scroll down to the bottom & select forum.

From there you can find articles where you can comment.

5. MPG Narratives profile image61
      MPG Narrativesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand why they did this? If I enjoy an article then I want to leave a comment. Hope they do something, maybe a like button as you suggest Nell? For now, I guess our only option is to share articles here. Bring comments back I say.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image70

MPG Narratives, I'm with you in that.

6. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's all so discouraging, now. The comments that have been reinstated come with no notification, so unless we writers check each article (who has time for that?), we're unaware of comments having been left.

I miss the old HP. Now when I read, I feel like I'm walking into an empty room.

Hopefully, if Hubpages will restored the original comment format, things would get better. But the question is will they?

1. DREAM ON profile image82
          DREAM ONposted 2 years agoin reply to this

BRAVEWARRIOR I know some things have to change with the times. If people are smart they change the bad and things that don't work as well to something better. Not from good to worse. If they could explain how and why they do what they do at least we could try to understand their thought process. I like slow changes. Unfortunately, we live in a all or nothing world. Where it is my way or the highway. I am the boss and you do what I say. End of story. Whatever happened to peoples opinions in the world. That goes for all across the nation. Whatever happened to compromise and working progress. Things of the past. A lost generation. People make up the business and if views change, peoples attitudes also change. My Space started out big long before Facebook. Once worth 585 million dollars now fell out of good grace. One reason is do to poor management. Thank you for taking the time and voicing your opinion where it counts.

Bravewarrior, you're welcome.

2. Brenda Arledge profile image80

Shauna
        Exactly!  No one has time for that one.

I miss it too, but at least we have the forums.

Everyone miss the old commenting system.                                             The forums hadly fit for commenting on an article submission. We don't ever get the authors feedback or impact in a way to make the story better. That's one of the many elements missing in the forum.

7. Miebakagh57 profile image70

Any software that allows a like on even our article(s) pages is equal to the fact that the comment system is back! Think about it?                                        More over, that the comment button is restored to AxleAddict, WanderWisdom, LetterPile, and Delishbly don't ever give us any hope...that comment to be restore on old hubpages site.                                      Critically and seriously, all our prayers and pleas sounds like a sounding gong on maven.

Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

I would love it if we could share our own work & communicate with others through comments.

Maybe a like would help...but I'm not gonna go back through each piece to see how many likes I receive.

I do wish that each Hubber had a friend list. 
    One we can easily flip through without everything else popping up.

One my other Hubber friends can view also.

I'd love to be able to follow a poet after I read their work on LetterPile, but right now there's no instant option & I'm tired of jumping through hoops.

Display our work without Ads in between.

It really tears a poem apart and makes it distracting.

3. Ben716 profile image91
    Ben716posted 2 years ago

The reason why a social media site like Facebook has many users, in their millions, is mostly because of the comment feature.
    I don't like it when I read an article but I'm unable to comment. Maybe I want to add a thought, ask a question, or say how blessed I was reading the article. A comment is also helpful in learning whether there are things to add in an article based on the questions or suggestions from readers and fellow hubbers.

I agree completely with what you said.                                    A comment can also give you a hint to update the article.

2. Nell Rose profile image89

Yes I liked the question things. I loved answering a query.

3. Bushra Iqbal profile image79
      Bushra Iqbalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!

4. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 2 years ago

Why don't those who miss comments and interaction set up a Facebook group?

Bev, what's the logic behind articles being shared on facebook?

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Because reading through the comments on this thread, people are saying they miss the ability to give and get feedback. The forums don't seem to be sufficient.

So why not have a FB group where you can share? A central 'hub'. And it doesn't have to be just sharing articles; it can be somewhere to interact.

Roger that.

2. Nell Rose profile image89

Hiya, we do have loads of Facebook pages that we interact in. In fact, most get read and answered, but its such a shame that its not spontaneous on there, thanks smile

3. Brenda Arledge profile image80

It's just a shame it cannot be just on Hubpages.

Some people don't like Facebook or other apps.

1. Misbah786 profile image86
            Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

It's a shame to publish here and then use another online platform to receive feedbacks!! I think we are doing it well here on HP forums. smile

Bredz, I hope the comments will be restored in a more user-friendly format very soon. Let's just try to trust HP. They must be working hard on it.

Till then, let's continue doing what we're doing already, because we're doing it very well. Where there's a will there's  always a way. smile

If you ask me, I think Facebook is one of the most distracting websites, and I never enjoy using it. Of sure, others have their own point of views, but this is mine. smile

It makes no sense to write here and share a hub on a different site other than HubPages merely to receive comments.

Love and Hugs!

1. theraggededge profile image96
              theraggededgeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I hate FB. I don't even have an account anymore. It's just that people are complaining about the lack of interaction, so it was just a suggestion. Mainly in response to what Ben said earlier.

I'm only seeing a smattering of articles posted here on the forums, which made me think a wider reach (for those who want it) would be a good idea.

Plus they are appearing all over the place; some here, some on the Topical forums, so I'm sure many are getting missed. Maybe a single thread might be better?

I'll shut up now smile

lol! no, please don't shut up. You have some good ideas. Its just a shame that the old way has gone, have a lovely Christmas! smile

Misbah
              I'm with you.
              Let's keep doing what we are doing & hope for the best.

Hopefully they will come up with something that blows the other social media to bits.

I know....I'm dreaming, but that's who I am....a Dreamer.

Sending you warm wishes for the new year.

1. Misbah786 profile image86
                Misbah786posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your kind support and sweet words, Bredz. I'm hoping they'll come up with something interesting and exciting. Let's keep on dreaming.

I'm a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds. ~ Mike Tyson

Happy new year smile

Take care. Stay happy and blessed!

Kisses & Hugs!!!

4. bravewarrior profile image86
          bravewarriorposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Bev, I very rarely go into Facebook. Additionally, I do most of my HP reading during my lunch hour at work. Our firewall has FB blocked.

Besides, an HP FB group, of which there is one, btw, wouldn't invite comments from organic searchers.

1. Jodah profile image91

You are so right about Facebook, Shauna. Manny businesses have it blocked by a firewall, and there has been a number of HubPages Facebook groups for years but they are used by very few. If you post there you are lucky to get one like but rarely a comment.

There is already a few on Facebook, but not too many uses them.

Hubpages & HubPages gain traffic.

I also have a group "Sparklecity Poetry Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1017041 … ?ref=share

Where any Hubbers can post poetry.

That sounds great Brenda! smile

Nell...
          You can join any time and post poetry.

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
        MizBejabbersposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's a good idea, Brenda, but some of us just aren't poets (I'm the world's worst!). We need a good all around place on Facebook where we can share our stories, too. Then all the help-article writers can slave away for HP and Maven.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image92
      Kenna McHughposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Bev, This is a good idea. It would be easier for the group to interact and support each other. BTW: There are currently some HubPages Facebook Groups.

5. Miebakagh57 profile image70
    Miebakagh57posted 2 years ago

I think having a Facebook group has nothing to do with Hub Pages. Sharing articles on FB has never drive much traffic up to hubpages.

6. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

You are right Miebakagh. I have been sharing on Facebook for years and there are Hub Page groups there but very few people comment. We don’t have all our hubber friends as Facebook friends either. You are more likely to get a like, or a “nice work” comment there.

Rightly, and thank you.

7. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

There is a group on Facebook called The Writers’ Circle where you can share any form of writing. I am one of the admin there.

8. Peggy W profile image96
    Peggy Wposted 2 years ago

It takes so much more time to go back and forth making comments in this manner.  For the sites that already have comments enabled, one has to scroll down through seemingly endless ads to get to it.  Most people will never know that feature is even there.  We also need notification that comments have been made, and we have the ability to approve them first before they show up.  My two cents worth if anyone at HP is listening.

Peggy, I'm listening, 'cause you're telling the truth. Keep your 2 cents to yourself, anyway.

I'm with you Peggy.

This system so far seems rather useless....
      My readers will not go through all the trouble.

Time is valuable & we need a more direct approach to read and comment on the articles.

9. Pamela99 profile image90
    Pamela99posted 2 years ago

I wish the comments were back too. I appreciate the Feed for at least we can still communicate with each other, but that is not the same thing.

10. john000 profile image92
    john000posted 2 years ago

Regarding theraggededge 2 weeks ago:
    Why don't those who miss comments and interaction set up a Facebook group?
    I love this idea. The result could be more sharing of traffic revenue. Good on you.

11. Miebakagh57 profile image70

But who has ever got that?

12. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 2 years ago

We are all on facebook and do share loads. it is just that its missing here, sadly.

Okay. And, sharing loads is not sharing revenue traffic, if I can understand that.

13. DREAM ON profile image82
    DREAM ONposted 2 years ago

I agree it is sad when you can't see the people who read your work. Then you really like someone else's writing and have no easy way to tell them how much you enjoyed it. I don't think Maven has the writers at Hub Pages in mind.

I agree.  It's sad.

Luckily, we have a great bunch of Hubbers here who are willing to go that extra mile.
      We use the forums on the newsfeed to communicate.

Yes, Deram On. It's sad indeed. This has pained me when I can commend my fellows when I read a very good write they churned out.

Miebakagh57 We need to help each other. When I write I write not only for me but for other people in hopes we can connect with the same experience. If I didn't want people to comment why would I even bother to put my writings on line. i would just keep them in a journal tucked away to gather dust one day. I did that for many years and now I want something better. I thought Hub Pages was the perfect place. I have now noticed old writings that I have written the comments on those have also been removed. Have you noticed that too. The reason why I write is because of so many of the writers here on HubPages have given me such a positive influence. Many are no longer even here. I wonder if we can get the comments back. A sad day indeed. Thank you for your comments. I hope things will change for the better real soon. By then the good writers might be all gone. Have a lovely day.

14. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Yes Dream On, the only way we can do it is by sharing a link to their work here in the forums or emailing them.

Jodah, I am so happy to see comments. This might be the way all writing sites work. I have little free time and when I do have a free moment I go directly to Hub Pages and try to write a poem or read someone else's work. That might be all the time I have. So many people find time to go to Facebook or Twitter. They spend all day. Day after day. Most of my day is spent on work or with my wife. They keep us busy. If I go to surf the web to find information on the computer I easily get lost and then hours go bye.   Technology is really something. Between T.V., movies, and the computer there is no end. I would get nothing done. When comments are at the end of someone's writing I can get a feel for what other writer's thoughts and then add my own input. Simple and easy. I have tried to link this and I did it wrong so my comment disappeared. I am trying it for the second time. Here goes nothing.

1. Jodah profile image91

Your comment worked this time Dream On. I agree with you, comment at the end of article like it used to be made life so much easier for everyone. Changing everything over to the Maven style spoiled everything. I do have little time for Facebook either. I share and like a few things there but rarely comment.

Jodah, I guess I can look at all my old comments and enjoy them. I can treat it like a museum. A time in my past that few people will know or understand. Welcome to my Poem Museum a first in a fast paced world where you actually can stop and relax and think for yourself. Voice your opinion and be heard. Admission is always free. You are greeted when you come through the door. Are asked if you need a water or little something sweet to tickle your fancy. Stay as long as you would like. The bathroom is the first door on the right. There is a porch where you can go and enjoy the sunlight and get some fresh air. Take a nap if you choose. I will even give you a wake up call if need be. I hope I put a smile on your face as big as mine. Thanks for coming and I hope you will be back soon.

1. Jodah profile image91

Sorry for the late reply, Dream On. I never saw a notification for this. A comments museum...way to go! Yes, that brought a smile.

2. DREAM ON profile image82

Jodah, I feel it shortchanges the writer because they don't get to see the comments on their own hub quickly so they can respond and enjoy. I am lucky I only would get two or three comments but how can someone possibly  respond when they get ten or twenty in one day. It just doesn't make sense. When people post comments in the feed is there a way they can go to the persons hub? I think is just one more thing in this world I will never understand. To me it is like having people come into a restaurant to eat and ordering food and sitting down. Then not telling the cooks the exact food they want or the waitress where we are sitting. It becomes a guessing game. I have gone out to eat where their was poor communication between the waitress and the cooks and it leads to a real disaster. This is something I know and can explain. I have been on both ends. As a customer and as a server and cook. It doesn't end well. All this can be avoided with a very attentive staff in tune with the customer's needs and great cooperation with the good cooks to prepare the best food. If any where along the line is fouled up then the best food and restaurant can go out of business. If you look at the writers as the cooks. Then Hub Pages or Maven as the restaurant. The staff and waitresses as the comments. Readers are the customers who have come to us. They are looking to be thrilled and pleased. If they find it difficult to read our story and put comments they will not return. A sad end to a beautiful story. Thank you again for trying to make a difference.

15. Miebakagh57 profile image70

Truth is spoken. It's a better way than anything else. The forum is our school period or fullstop.

16. DREAM ON profile image82

I am so moved by fellow hubbers who always go the extra mile. I am not familiar with the ways people make money or how they get the traffic they need to make this a living. I do know  I appreciate and respect every writer who pours their heart out into their work and takes their time not only writing their final work but all the headaches and struggles behind the scenes you never see. The painstaking; relentless courage to step forward and reveal part of your soul and spirit. Not knowing what other writers will think or even if they will like what work you have completed. I have said before and it is worth repeating there are so many things to do and places to go that to see anyone take the time to share and help other writers learn, practice, make mistakes, keep trying and find support where they may not get any where else is something beyond special. We need to have the comments with the writer's work. So they may easily find and see what people think. Good or bad. I know people have mentioned Facebook as a good alternative. I don't think it is the right choice. Why give Facebook traffic when it should be here on Hub Pages for the writers who care first. To me it is like putting the apple cart in front of the horse. We need the horse. it is great to sell the apples other places. With no horse we never get where we need to be. Maybe, I am way off and don't understand. Please, try to help me understand. Thank you all for sharing and caring. Have a great day.

I think you are on the right track.
      We need that horse!

When we pour our souls onto the page, others listen.

Brenda Arledge I am happy i have received the chance to write and share my thoughts. You have done a lot of writing for other sites have they also taken away the privilege for other writers to comment? I am trying to understand and there are many people who write on this page that don't do it for the money. They enjoy to read and share their thoughts on so many issues and subjects. It makes it not only enjoyable but a place to bond and connect. It is like going from a mom and pop store to a local chain store. They don't care about you. They care about the volume that comes and goes. Hope there is a rainbow on the horizon. A storm is brewing.

I'm yet to note single traffic from Facebook to my articles on HubPages.

17. bhattuc profile image84
    bhattucposted 2 years ago

Everyone missing it. So sad.

18. Brenda Arledge profile image80
    Brenda Arledgeposted 2 years ago

Dream on...
    I love your comment to John.

A Poem Museum...admission is always free.

It is sad that Hubpages doesn't seem to get it & we are forced to leave the Mom & Pop store as we are tossed into the mix.

Fellowship & comments are more important than dollars...but corporations forget the little people who make them great.

There is always a rainbow after a storm.

Hold on tight.

19. Carb Diva profile image95
    Carb Divaposted 2 years ago

Misbah786, the one problem I see with leaving a comment in the forum (and it's a BIG problem in my opinion) is that the comment is not attached to the actual article. In time it will be lost in the millions of other words that are added to the feed. In the "good old days" the comments were a part of the article. In fact, I felt that many of my articles were improved by the thoughts and wisdom imparted by others.

That's so true, but we don't have that option.

Too bad really.  But I'm still glad we can communicate with each other on the forums.

Brenda Arledge Like so many beautiful things in this world. We enjoy them as long as we can when they are gone we have to find a way to move on. I know right from the start the people I have met who many have also left have changed me forever. I use to love to tell them on their own hubs how much they meant and changed my thoughts and made my day extra special. Now I try to post something but it can be seen or just disappear in thin air. There is no way of knowing. For those hubbers who read this Thank you from the bottom of my heart. You make Dream On dream again and again with no end. May we all stay friends. Happy writing and happy days to share. That we all do care. Where no matter what we do, we write out of passion. The money if it ever comes. The fame it it ever rises. I for one like to keep it simple and sweet. Like a hot warm blueberry muffin with a little butter I am ever so happy. You can have all the rest. I am pleased to know end. We both get what we want. We both remain friends. We both leave happy.

20. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Hi Dream On, I  agree with all you said. I’d just like to let you know I am reading your articles/poems even though I usually can’t comment. Keep writing.

21. Miebakagh57 profile image70

Dream On, if you're not in the know yet, know 4t now. Those that follow you read you articles. Thank you.

22. DREAM ON profile image82

Jodah I am starting to change and slowly figure where everyone is. I have a lot of catching up to all the writers who keep pushing the envelope. Great job by all !!! I am the caboose pulling up the rear. I am not always seen but I am here. Work has been crazy. They have been changing my hours. Making the best of it. Miebakagh 57 I am in the wind. I just blew in. I am light as a balloon. Bouncing when I should glide.. Flying when I should be resting. Taking this all in. It really is something. I have trouble wrapping my mind around. So I was hoping to get a birds eye view. So I don't miss anyone. Thank you for your support and help. It's Friday. I hope you all have a great and powerful day.

Dream on...
      A train is nothing without the caboose.
      You'll make it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)