Why is it so hard to believe that God loves you?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (40 posts)
  1. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

SOME PEOPLE ARE ATHEISTS AND OTHERS AGNOSTICS AND SOME JUST DON'T THINK THAT GOD WOULD HAVE TIME TO CARE ABOUT HUMANS.

1. heart4theword profile image59
      heart4thewordposted 14 years agoin reply to this

For some of us, I think it is hard to accept ourselves and the mistakes we've made.  Let alone accepting the fact that God truely loves little old me, and that He truely forgives us and cast our sins as far as the east is from the west.

2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are in hell obviously man will have his doubts. so much pain and suffering .

I am enlightened and yet have moments when I abuse god.

"Knowing you are perfect.
      I still curse you with disrespect."

"I get angry so often and I ask why me?
      "He says patience is needed in order to see. "smile

3. Lee Boolean profile image59
      Lee Booleanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lets face it, god's track record is not really very good is it.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      2. Cagsil profile image69
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wouldn't be nice to know that was true? If there were a "GOD" and he did have a plan? The plan has some serious flaws, for such a supposed perfect entity.

The misrepresentation of Christ's teaching.....do know...yes, Jesus Christ, was a real person....but what he was teaching in his ministry wasn't about a "God", but more about human consciousness. His followers were exactly that followers, people who can lead themselves, not because they couldn't, but because were not aware of their own existence.

You can! You know the old saying, "I Think, Therefore I Am!" greatly applies to Life. If you are aware of your own existence then you can control your own individual life and everything that happens to you, except where Government plays a role.

The only reason I've written so much about it, was that your comment as written said, you're a believer of the hoax and I'd like an opportunity to change your thinking about.

That's also a challenge to anyone else who wants to take it up, too.

Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hello,

Okay, I've been on a few hubs. I'll give you credit, nice topic, but don't you think that you could have been a little bit more creative.

All you did was type everything in CAPS, which is considered "screaming" online.

You might be new online, but that's okay, everyone does it until their told. Mostly children do it.

On another note, I'm glad to see that you have a belief in a God? And, that you think he/she actually gives a damn about humans.

Unfortunately, I'd really hate to be the one who bursts your bubble. God doesn't exist, because if he had, the World wouldn't be like it is now. That is for sure.

If you think "GOD" is a woman? Then you can bet she would be all hands on deck, to prevent humankind from exterminating itself, which presently is still a likely outcome. She wouldn't let people do what they do.

If you think "GOD" is a man, that's believeable, due to the fact of how screwed up things really are. Only a man could screw up 6 BILLION lives.

Again, unfortunately, "GOD" doesn't exist. Never has, never will. The truth of the matter is.....everything you learn from any form of religious text...is that it's out-of-context and has been wrongly translated or interpreted.

But, I hope you have a great day.

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile cool

2. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Based on this most intellectual discourse, I will now have to throw away my last 30+ years of faith and experiences and relationship with God. Gee, after all this time someone finally tells me all I ever needed to know.
      Sorry for the sarcasm, but this approach is as effective on me as some "bible bashing" is on you (and many others here on HP). big_smile
      But please don't let me spoil your day. I react to the words on the screen, and the thoughts they convey, NOT to the individual doing the typing. big_smile

3. NGRIA Bassett profile image60
      NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your point of view and also the point concercerning the caps. I will ensure that I wear my glasses in the future when I am writing. Unintended "scream". Take a deep breath!

3. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

somebody needs a hug ... smile

1. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll have one of those if you're giving them out.  Ta smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60

How sweet smile Here is a long distance one from me smile

Never enough hugs in the world Mohits.  And if you read about Ray Kurtzwell and what he's wanting, you'll be wishing you had more and more hugs.  Imagine if it was all about thoughts and not feelings!  Anyway, that's another subject. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60

I agree just look at an animal or child all it wants is some love , guess as adults we get ego which destroys some things smile
            Goggling Ray Kurtzwell .

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I call for a hugathon! smile

I'll accept your offer of a hug, but only if makes you feel better.

4. bgpappa profile image77
    bgpappaposted 14 years ago

God doesn't love or hate anyone.  He just is, or isn't.  But people decide their lives.  If you need guidance or faith, so be it.  If you don't so be it.

What I can't believe is how so many must press their beliefs on others.

It's a quandary isn't it. smile

5. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Your post question is WHY IS IT SO HARD TO BELIEVE THAT GOD LOVES YOU?

It's difficult for most people to see this because as a society humans suck at love.  And because it is society as a whole that is not seen to be up to the task of being caring and compassionate. Why on earth do you think they are going to believe God - who influences it all according to some - loves them.

The question really is a silly one.  Perhaps you should be asking why is it that humans have such difficulty loving other humans?  Or why do humans feel they are not loved enough by other humans? Or why do humans think so little of themselves that they think they are not loved? If these issue were rectified, you'd perhaps not have the need to be asking.

1. Cagsil profile image69

Hey jewels, I liked your reply. Thought it was interesting.

And I'd like to add something- The "question" we seem to miss is in asking ourselves....Do Humans Understand Life In Itself? And the answer is No!

Your other questions, believe it or not, can be answered. Why is it that humans have such difficulty loving other humans? They actually don't have trouble loving other humans, each person does love other humans, such as family member and close friends, and those people love others, which the first person doesn't know? So, yes humans can love other humans.

I found your second question intriguing and was what made me like your writing.....why do humans think so little of themselves? Well, they are under control of religion.

Every person devoted to religion or any form a religious belief is automatically TOLD they are sinners, no good and must answer to a higher authority, therefore your life isn't or doesn't mean as much to you or others.

That's the real shame here.....the hidden truth behind the business of religion.

2. profile image0
      subwaysadieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have forgotten that the only silly question is the one not asked:) Can you answer any of those questions you asked? Are they truly silly? Or do they make you think?

6. profile image0
    Maximus591posted 14 years ago

If you feel God does not love you, then this is a tacit acknowledgment that your life is in some way lacking or incomplete. 

For many, God is an 'emotional gap filler'. Feeling lonely? Then put your faith in 'God' and you won't feel so lonely.
    Recently lost a loved one and struggling to cope? Then say a prayer to God. Believing he will answer your prayers is once again another emotional gap filler.
    Suffering with chronic hemorrhoids? Then... well, I dont think Mr Beardy on his white cloud can do much about that. I would suggest Anusol ointment. Works a treat, or so I've been led to believe. smile

People who need God to represent these emotional gap fillers in their lives inhibit their emotional and psychological development. By dealing with pain and loneliness without the aid of God as your emotional crutch, it affords you an opportunty to develop yourself in a way far beyond the limiting boundaries of your 'God'

7. seamist profile image61
    seamistposted 14 years ago

I think it is hard to believe in God's love because we can't communicate with him like we would another human. Everything is based on faith and having strong faith is hard for many.

8. Williamjordan profile image59
    Williamjordanposted 14 years ago

=I couldn't believe for a long time what I found out is that I did not love myself,so it was impossible to love or believe anyone loved me.Once I begin to love myself and allow others to love me I found out that God had loved me all the time.

1. Lee Boolean profile image59
      Lee Booleanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he loves you when you're sleeping
      he knows when you're awake,
      he knows if you've been bad or good
      so be good for goodnes sake...

Hey cool, that's what I thought you were talking about....another mythical being....Santa and GOD....what a revelation.....lol

I want to congratulate you on your successful transition from hater to lover, and especially commend you on your evolution. It is nice to see someone who can admit they were screwed up. But, you've gone from being screwed up one way and only took another bad path on to being even more screwed up. That I don't commend you for, because you've only ridden yourself of one foolishness for another.

If you couldn't love yourself and you realize that. That is good and I'm glad you did something about it. But to say that you found out that God had loved you all the time is a one-way ticket to the looney bin and dangerous for your future.

Living your life under false pretenses isn't indicative of the natural course of your life. Sooner or later, you will have to realize the truth of the matter. We(Humans) answer to no one!

We know for a fact- we are alone in our Universe and it is WE who control our very own existence. We completed the evolutionary stage of the Universe and need to accept it.

There is no after-life. When all the electric impulses, which creates your life, ceases to operate- you are dead. Your soul or spirit? Is only valid, if put to work for the Humankind. These two words "soul" and/or "spirit" are exactly that words with meanings, both interpret in whatever context you put them into. The "spirit" of a person can be related to the fight to never give up. The "soul" of a person can be related to the work(good) done in the community to help others. People will says, "He/She has a good soul.", simply because you helped others.

Either way you look at it- these things are not physical manifestations. There is absolutely no validity that they actually exist.

9. gym-fitness profile image60
    gym-fitnessposted 14 years ago

nothing lasts for ever

Did you know.....?

Life isn't supposed to end.

10. thesecondadvent profile image61
    thesecondadventposted 14 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friends,

This is simply because of humans tendency to see dualities, to eat of the "tree" of good and evil.  They see so much hate that they often wonder if God even exist.  They see people perpetrating "evil" upon them, which in turn force them to deal with that as best they couldest.  So, constantly attempting to ward off evil, constantly focusing upon the world; what it canst give, and what is the threat thereof, they possess precious little time to study the Word of God, Which Is LOVE. 

If they spent more time upon LOVE, and the study thereof, they will quickly realize that God is Love, and that as His Children the art Love as well.

11. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Is this from your book of "god love?"

Now, our God, what shall we say after this?  For we have forsaken Your commandments, which You have commanded by Your servants the prophets, saying, "The land which you are entering to possess is an unclean land with the uncleanness of the peoples of the lands, with their abominations which have filled it from end to end and with their impurity.  So now do not give your daughters to their sons nor take their daughters to your sons, and never seek their peace or their prosperity, that you may be strong and eat the good things of the land and leave it as an inheritance to your sons forever."   (Ezra 9:10-12 NAS)

Nasty psychotic little god! smile

12. pylos26 profile image70
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

I'll second that!

13. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Well I know my son will not be tempted with worldly women and I won't suggest he marrys one.

14. profile image53
    Chief Apatheticposted 14 years ago

My God is bored with the human race.  Mildly amused here & there with the human race, but mostly bored.  My God has been watching since my God ushered in creation.

And here we all are now.  Time flies while your having fun.

The planet go round & round in space, oh yeah.

I said to my God, did you see how lousy the commercials were for Nintendo Wii, and my God rolled his eyes & laughed.  Said, those are some lousy commercials.
    I said to my God, but it gives them something to do, to play Rock Star.
    And my God said,  yeah at least it gives them something to do upon the earth.

I said to my God, and the people that go to what they call, football games, & wear Cheesehead, Hats.  And my God laughed, and said, that's mildly amusing.

I said to my God, yeah, that is mildly amusing, but more amusing from where your at than where I am at currently.  And I said to my God, hey, get me off this planet, and we can sit around together & watch the human race, and both be mildly amused, and bored.

Just another day closer to my journey being completed through this world & being out of Caesar's Matrix.

Knock knock Neo

1. bunnyjumalon profile image59
      bunnyjumalonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It will be hard for someone to believed that God love us because we don't even love ourself...Love yourself first before you can even think that you are a lovable person....then everything will fall into place....Then take moments to ponder and reevaluate things...be grateful of the things that you have, tangible and you of the things unseen....Keep in touch with nature and appreciate it....You'll love God for it!!!

15. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

To some temptation sounds better and since having some self control is no fun. So if believing means you have to clean-up your act then if God loved me he would let me be me.

16. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 14 years ago

It is hard to believe because there are so many things that try and persuade you to the contrary.....We are so bombarded with how in adequate, incomplete and how awful we are that when the author of life tells us that they love us we can barely wrap our little minds around it....

We have to make God's Word the final authority in our lives and, when we do, letting Him love us becomes easier.

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hear!Hear!

17. Lita C. Malicdem profile image60
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 14 years ago

To me, it's difficult to understand nor believe in God's love, or anyone's love for that matter, if in early infancy, you didn't receive or feel love. We can't give what we don't have, can we? A child who had no love grows into a psychopath. The sign of unbelief in later years is a result of this deprivation of love.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)