My traffic has officially died for Xmas!

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (78 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Lowest traffic day of the month yesterday, looking to be even lower today, see you all on 2nd January kids!

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Glad to hear from someone with experience that its not just me.  I don't have very many hubs yet, or a ton of traffic, but I was at least getting hits here and there.  Its really slowed up, I was getting worried!

2. Lily Rose profile image86
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me, too!  Stinks, 'cause I'm so close yet so far from Google payout and it doesn't look like I'll make it.

3. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same here and continuing to look bleak? Why? Why?  mad

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its just xmas holidays, shopping done, good stuff on the tv, people have relatives staying, parties.... etc etc.... just a general tendancy to leave the laptop shut for longer wink will get better again in the new year smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

peole are all at the malls buying stuff already, very slow really now..

3. Laura du Toit profile image76
    Laura du Toitposted 14 years ago

Thank goodness its not only mine big_smile

Maybe we should all take a break till after Christmas - our family may actually benefit from our break away from Hubpages - how else do we expect to get them presents and a Christmas meal? smile

Merry Christmas all fellow hubbers smile

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Well, at least we can all have fond memories of the Ghost of traffic past!

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

I have been sadly admiring my falling blue arrows and reminding myself its the season and hey at least I have traffic to drop off and this morning I get a double up arrow on one hub. The traffic seems to be coming from easter europe or something. Hits from google.bg don't know exactly what region thats from?

1. profile image0

Belgium or Bulgaria? Belgium is central Europe, Bulgaria is eastern Europe.... think it is probably Bulgaria, but could well be British people in Bulgaria, there are millions of them!

1. kirstenblog profile image77
        kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure but they do seem keen on treasure hunting and metal detectors lol

6. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Perhaps in light of the season, HP should make all those down arrows a festive green! Maybe put little red dots on them?

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love it! big_smile

7. blue dog profile image59
    blue dogposted 14 years ago

mine cratered early this week. 

so much to learn about all this. wish i were as young as you, ryan.  you make it impossible to keep up!

8. Ms Chievous profile image66
    Ms Chievousposted 14 years ago

My traffic was bad yesterday too.  I think the snowstorm will help us out a little today.  Most of the eastern part of the United States is in a winter storm warning.  I already have a foot of snow where I live.  I am hoping people return to the internet this weekend as it is the last weekend before Christmas!

and wierdly enough, my adsense rocks this morning!

1. profile image0

Or *touch wood* it could see connection problems like the weather so often does!

I am having a decent Adsense day too, looks like most of it was from a lucky click but im not moaning!!

9. Laura du Toit profile image76

Hope you are right Ms Chievous but somehow I doubt it. smile

10. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

It's OK by me because I am too busy right now and I was getting backed up with comments. Everyone have a great holiday now.

11. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Mine too! A complete nose dive! Oh well smile

1. Karina S. profile image59
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is it common during holiday season? I have been here only for few weeks.

This is my first holiday season on this site but I cannot imagine that any of this is unusual. Perhaps in the months to come things will really pick up as its winter and folks don't have huge amounts to do for fun. I spend more time online when I can't get out for much.

12. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

I haven't gone through a holiday season like Christmas but I figure it is pretty common from what folks are saying. Big question now is to take the rest of the year off or keep writing?

For me I intend to keep writing. When the holidays are over I should be back at work and its a bit harder to write then so I want to use this opportunity smile. The only thing that would keep me from returning to work is if my torn ligament is not healed enough for proper winter shoes yet sad

2. profile image0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummm... keep writing.

Seriously, you should just move on to more hubs. You have to hub every day if you want the big bucks. I made some serious change over the summer. Just because I said my 55 Ebay Christmas Hubs have shut down, doesn't mean the other 250 hubs have shut down. I wrote 3 hubs yesterday and 3 today and will write more tomorrow.

13. profile image0

Oh owwie! Hope it heals great over the holiday. I'm trying to stay focused but my motivation to write has sorely dwindled with the dwindling views. In reality I know that it is best to keep writing and get stuff up for April and May but dang I am so just blah right now and our weather is not helping. Haven't seen the sun in days.

I have been feeling somewhat blah myself. I would really like to be more inspired to write then I am but hey thats life right. I am rather proud of my last hub as it was just written for a bit of fun and to make people laugh. It is getting quite a few comments so far so maybe I will see a hub score of over 95 with it fingers crossed! I guess I will just do what I can when I can and try to find the up side in how I am spending my time here. Not all writing has to be geared toward making money!

14. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

With so few hubs, I don't have much traffic anyway to be able to detect trends. However, one hub, which features a Polish recipe for Christmas, has been getting more views in the past few days. Also, the traffic has been coming from search engines rather than from HP. I reckon it must be from emigre Poles, who want to keep up traditions and are trying to find how to make this particular dish.

15. flread45 profile image59
    flread45posted 14 years ago

Same boat as everyone else,low traffic except a few hubs.

16. Katelyn Weel profile image90
    Katelyn Weelposted 14 years ago

Same here... glad to see it's not just me! Though a lot of people are liking my food hubs lately, especially caramel popcorn..haha must be the season.

Gotta get working on fitness hubs for January! tongue

17. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Hi ryan... I'm joining the bandwagon too, my traffic noisedived for four straight days already hehehe, so this is a phenomenon, I'm not the only one experiencing it, and gives me sort of sigh of relief. My views decreased by almost 50% wow... but I'm fine hehehefor it seems to me everybody is enjoying the season... big_smile

Merry Christmas Ryan and all Hubbers... big_smile

18. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Blue arrows falling like snow
    The holiday season draws near
    Traffic falling
    Views falling
    How is it then that I made a penny
    And without a single click?

Hahaha lol I love those free pennys

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kirsten... Hehehe pennys are cool but sometimes you could hit few bucks... too, I miss my previous page  views... at one time I am averaging about 9K and just nearing the elusive 10k views a month, but things change dramatically... big_smile

Ahhh for the days when I bring in that kind of traffic smile
        Keep writing right? big_smile

Yeah keep Hubbing and work on SEO and Keywords Ad Tool, just learning these recently but this will help you collar greater profit as this works well with seasoned Hubbers... big_smile

Hi guys hehehe...

@ charanjeet HP is indeed addictive no break for me hehehe, I will make blogs as many as I can in the days ahead hehehe, it's my vacation and the only time I can say to myself I a fulltime blogger even for just two weeks... big_smile

@lynne - wow gaining ground in reaching the elusive 100 hubs... Congrats in advance hehehe big_smile

Hi Kmackey

1. charanjeet kaur profile image60
            charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I swear its vacation time here as well, but all I can think of is ideas for new hubs and how to increase its presence in Google. I wonder if any of the hubbers are taking a vacation.

Yeah CK probably big_smile

When you feel not writing try to muster a lot of strength and energy, writing is very exhaustive you know... Always feeling fresh helps you write even better... big_smile

In lieu of ryan I'm counting you in Dr23... hehehe j/k... big_smile

19. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Same here I have been seeing blue arrows in my good traffic hubs as well. Why are we hubbers online, I guess we need to take a break too. Damn HubPages is addictive. lol

I know, can't seem to unglue myself from the site! Afraid of the withdrawals from HP too lol
      Gonna get the shakes if I leave I think tongue

20. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I have had no traffic in about a week. This stinks. smile

21. profile image0

Well, I got one more out. I'm on the road to 100 hubs before the end of the month and only need 9 more so wish me luck.

1. charanjeet kaur profile image60
      charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wish you all the luck dear, Cant wait to see what the 100th hub is about. Have you decided or have a special idea. 6 month and 100 hubs, damn thats impressive.

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually it is only since September 7th. I joined and forgot about the site until then, lol. Kicking myself now.

I don't know what 100 will be but I'm up for suggestions.

Kmackey32: Traffic is down as is everyone else. I am still seeing a few red arrows but not many. I've got a lot of variation in my hubs which I think is why I am still seeing those.

Kirsten: TY, yep. Just 9 more to go. It's been a lot of work and I've learned a lot in the last 4 months.

2. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good luck. Hows your traffic?

3. kirstenblog profile image77

You go girl! So close you can taste it right? You can do this! cool

22. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 14 years ago

Count me in for the nosedive. It's expected but still a bummer to see.

23. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I'm thinking about bailing on HubPages until after the first of the year.  I've had only 28 views today.  Not even worth the time and effort to hit the tab key.  Catch all of you around sometime after the first of the year.smile

24. John Dove profile image88
    John Doveposted 14 years ago

I'm sitting in a sunroom watching the beautiful snowfall all around.  Here in Mid-Atlantic US we're supposed to get two feet! It's a good time to read and write forum posts.

Hey I notice most of you guys have achieved a "rank" in 90s.  Congratulations!  I'm working...I'll get there eventually.  I have a lot to learn...and a lot of work to do.

1. profile image0
      lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Welcome aboard the hubber train, John. Add some info in for your profile and a pic. It lets us other hubbers get to know you better.

Yeah you should... and here is my Warm Welcome to HP Buddy... wink

25. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I'm finally starting to see a drop in some traffic, but a quick glance at my AdSense shows an earning spike unusual for how the rest of the stats look.  Now I have to go see what's hot...

1. Kidgas profile image62
      Kidgasposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the earnings, relache.

My traffic has been dwindling for awhile with the exception of my blog.  The interesting thing there is that I am starting to pick up some Google traffic, there.

Otherwise, just have to wait out the holidays.

26. ThoughtfulSpot profile image69
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

Not sure I can tear myself away... low traffic or not.  I only joined hubpages a few weeks ago... but I'm SO addicted.  I wish I had more time to write, the hubs are coming slowly.  Then again, maybe if I'd kick myself off the forums and get down to some work... smile

27. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

My traffic has dropped considerably too and I'm registering no google image views in my stats which is odd as my analytics do, so I'm thinking that this is a combination of nearly Christmas internet blues and iffy stats.

Will see if things pick up after Christmas and if they don't, I'm off to Canada for a few months on a well deserved holiday for the new year.... booo yahhh!

28. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

This are VERY slow for me also.

29. Laura du Toit profile image76

Something is not quite right with stats as I have a negative number of views ( don't ask me how ) fro Hubpages and one other source. Wonder if the Hubpages team are trying to correct previous overstated views? smile

1. Midasfx profile image66
      Midasfxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yea I had the same thing happen to me when I checked my stats. Wonder why it says I got a negative amount of page views from HP today. weird...

30. MikeNV profile image68
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

Consumers have a lot of worries. And when one doesn't have a job they don't have money for internet access.  They don't have money to buy things.  And they don't have much desire to keep fighting a fight which seems to be against them.  Add to this the time of year with Bad Storms on the East Coast and that people are at the end of a work week and you should expect lower traffic.

Hubpages has been having difficulty with Stats... I believe they sent an email not too long ago about this.

1. Karina S. profile image59
      Karina S.posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I did not receive any email from them

31. profile image0

Just keep winging your way to 100 Lyrics. I'm still waiting on those additional hubs in your series, lol.

32. ediggity profile image61
    ediggityposted 14 years ago

Only 600 views today.  This holiday traffic slump stinks.

33. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

I miss all the high page views, too;
    Those arrows once red - most are blue;
    But Santa is coming,
    So carols I'm humming'
    And wish Merry Christmas to you!

big_smile

34. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

read segregation by aware

35. Money Glitch profile image63
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Yippees, I just checked mine...I don't think traffic has been this low since day one sad

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Look everyone-- It's Christmas.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so those stats are real?

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Possibly-- at least for the time being. People may be busy enough to not have as much computer interface time. Just a thought.

36. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

Traffic down-age for x-mas blows tbh. Time to prepare for the next year. I already  been baking instead of writing this week lols.

Prepare yourself and be ready for January.
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/190/d/c/Mediation_by_Oh_Ninja_Please.jpg
    Rest Up! You will need all the energy you can muster.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/184/1/f/Sleeping_Dragon_by_SylverStorm.jpg

~thranax~

37. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

awwww...

You are adorable when you're sleeping

shhhh, don't wake...

38. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

Nelle is a hub-writing machine....you go girl!  That's why we love you! 

I've had two whole Adsense clicks today.  That's sad.  But, I shall keep writing!

39. money mystery profile image61
    money mysteryposted 14 years ago

Merry christmas week fellas.

40. soni2006 profile image78
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

Hey my hub traffic is down too. Most of my hubs have got blue arrows now. I am waiting for just 11 more days and after that I know there will be a sudden boost in traffic and earnings. By that time, lets pull out some high potential keywords and write some high quality hubs, so that when these low traffic 11 days will be over, we will be sailing in good traffic and earnings in the New Year. Best of luck to all of you. I will write on How to cook chicken tandori? now.

41. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I'm having my highest AdSense day of the month so far, and I've still got two hours to go.

No idea why, but I'll take it...

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's awesome!  I'd take it too!  Hope it lasts for you!

2. soni2006 profile image78
      soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey relache, the same has happened with me. My hub traffic is down to 50% of what it had been before and I have seen maximum earnings with very less clicks for today and still I have an hour or so remaining. I will also take it just like you and KCC big country.

42. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Remember, traffic falling can be a solvable problem, write hubs which might attract hits during christmas, then lead the traffic towards Hubs where you can sell products!

43. LizzyBoo profile image62
    LizzyBooposted 14 years ago

Lol my traffic is death too I just keep smilling and trying! All that I can do!

44. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Ah, 'tis the season to be out making merry and not spending hours on the computer!  It's a good sign -- we all have a life outside of HP!  lol  And, yup, my ranks are starting to drop like the falling snow.  Oh well!  See y'all back in the New Year!!! big_smile

1. soni2006 profile image78
      soni2006posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bye bye Beth. Good luck in catching your Christmas snow balls. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)