AdSense Ads

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (69 posts)
  1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

There is currently a problem with the display of AdSense ads across HubPages.  We are investigating the issue, and hope to have ads working again soon.

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 16 years agoin reply to this

There's also a problem with communication. Now thats what I call professional!

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
        Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Seriously everyone, calm down.  It was night in San Francisco where HubPages is located, so they were probably sleeping.  I know ads are an important thing for a lot of us, but let them figure it out.

2. Just_Rodney profile image70
      Just_Rodneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Still not up to day 04h00 GMT + 2

1. Whitney05 profile image82
        Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I see my ads. Not a problem on my end.

I will say that some of them seem to be in a different place, as on a hub of mine that I just answered a comment on, there wasn't an ad on the very top above the content. It was at the bottom under the comments, where the ad that's usually in the middle goes if there isn't a place for it within the content. That's the only thing weird I've seen, but this is the second remark about not seeing ads.

3. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

There is Problem with the Adsense Site Too.

http://www.guidebaba.com/Images/Guidebaba-Dancing.gif

2. wilhb81 profile image59
    wilhb81posted 16 years ago

Thanks for the fast response about this matter, paul.

Hope the ads will becoming live asap.

Wilson.

3. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

Hi Paul,

7 hours later..........

Still no ads!

sad

4. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

Theyve  never been down this long !

5. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 16 years ago

I am panicking! sad

1. dodonnell profile image58
      dodonnellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Why because your missing out on a few cents?

1. SunSeven profile image63
        SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this
  6. Fitter profile image60
    Fitterposted 16 years ago

Hope you fix this soon guys.

7. bloggerdollar profile image74
    bloggerdollarposted 16 years ago

I hope we aren't banned..

8. Fitter profile image60
    Fitterposted 16 years ago

I think we can't be banned because I can't see any violating of Adsense TOS

9. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 16 years ago

I think there is no need to panick. Lets give hub staff sufficient time to solve the problem.

10. Bard of Ely profile image79
    Bard of Elyposted 16 years ago

I had wondered where mine had gone!

11. disposable_hero profile image52
    disposable_heroposted 16 years ago

DEAR HUBPAGES!!!
    WHY ARE'nT THE ADS NOT GETTIN DISPLAYED???
    WHATS THE ACTUAL REASON???

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 16 years ago

Once again I find myself in agreement with Stacie yikes

Guys,

Since HP own revenue depends on Adsense as much as our revenue, I'm sure they are doing all what could be done. Pressure from our side will just add them more work and more stress - thus effectively delaying a solution, whatever it is smile

13. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 16 years ago

How have people been doing in terms of Adsense earnings this month?
    I would expect to have earned at least a few dollars by now but have had only one click worth 5c.

My traffic isn't particularly low, either.  Looking on the bright side, loosing a days adsense earnings isn't a problem for me with such low earnings anyway!

14. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 16 years ago

And its probably a good point that if loosing HP advertising for a day or so makes a serious dent to your income you should look at a bit more diversification of income streams ! Pity though April was shaping up for a good month :-( 

Terryg there are only about 4 employees at HP - would you rather they fixed the problem or wrote  problem updates in the forums ?

15. premsingh profile image60

It appears to be a local problem as adsense ads at other sites with same affiliate code are currently getting displayed

1. Lissie profile image75
      Lissieposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Agreed - its definitly a HP page problem not that we've all been banned - ROTFL!

16. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 16 years ago

OH ! Thanks! I was just abot to ask..I had not noticed they were gone but noticed that I had made very little yesteday ad nothing at all today.
    Thanks Paul!

17. flread45 profile image58
    flread45posted 16 years ago

No wonder I'm broke..No ADS>>>>:mad

18. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 16 years ago

It took a little longer than expected, but AdSense ads are now back on.   We're going to up the author's share from 60% to 70% for the rest of April as compensation for the down time.

Another heads up, we're going to be switching over to the new eBay affiliates program in a couple of hours.  Stay tuned for that.

SunSevenposted 16 years agoin reply to this

This is the second time it has happened within 40 days. I am concerned. I must have lost around 20 to 30 $ during this downtime. I hope this will not happen again.

Perhaps the bigger earners at HP will have a better say on this?! sad

pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

I think the extra revenue share we've enabled until the end of the month will more than compensate for the downtime.  It should actually mean about a 17% increase in impressions for  you (from 60% to 70% is 16.7% more).  We're not very happy when we aren't making money either, so we certainly understand your frustration.

Thanks Paul smile That will be great. smile

2. Isabella Snow profile image86
      Isabella Snowposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Is this *just* affiliates -- or is this a return to those ebay ads?

pauldeedsposted 16 years agoin reply to this

It's just for eBay capsules.

1. Isabella Snow profile image86
          Isabella Snowposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Cool, thank you.

19. hassam profile image76
    hassamposted 16 years ago

Thanks for the compensation.......live long hubpages :-)

20. bloggerdollar profile image74
    bloggerdollarposted 16 years ago

This is why I love Hubpages. Customer Satisfaction First smile))

21. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 16 years ago

Excellent.  Thanks for the update Paul!

22. premsingh profile image60

Thanks, HP staff for hard work & painstaking efforts to normalise adsense display.

23. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 16 years ago

Hub Pages is Great! No other goup is like it at all.

Patty

24. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 16 years ago

Hubpages did a good job of taking care of this matter.  Thank you!

25. disposable_hero profile image52
    disposable_heroposted 16 years ago

THANX A LOT PAUL!!!  I LOVE HUBPAGES!!!

26. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

Excellent.  Great job.

27. profile image0
    Marye Audetposted 16 years ago

Thanks! smile

28. Angela Harris profile image68
    Angela Harrisposted 16 years ago

That is very generous of Hubpages. Most websites have downtime, but few offer additional compensation. Thanks so much!

I hope it reflects in your adsense earnings too! smile

29. Soya profile image59
    Soyaposted 16 years ago

great job smile

30. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 16 years ago

I love you guys!  *giggles*

Seriously, the added 10% is an unexpected bonus that I'm sure all of us appreciate.

31. stefeeb profile image60
    stefeebposted 16 years ago

Thanks so much great job!!!!

32. flread45 profile image58
    flread45posted 16 years ago

Do you realize that I could get rich from this % increase????LOL  big_smile

33. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 15 years ago

sounds good, I am anxious to get started.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LOL That was last month. It no longer applies.

34. profile image53
    trevkayeposted 15 years ago

Why doesn't my Adsense and Amazon affiliate codes appear in the source code of my Hub.

Trevor

1. darkside profile image62
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

How many times did you check the source code?

35. profile image53
    trevkayeposted 15 years ago

It is now Ok

Trevor

36. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 15 years ago

lol aren't us newbies a lot of fun, or at least a lot of fun to make fun of?

37. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Paul,
    What does it mean in affiliate settings:
    Refused by google? and why? what to do next?
    jyoti kothari

38. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

Jyoti it simply mean that google has temporarily refused to accept your application and it will further monitor your site. You have now two options either apply using different gmail account or use other affiliate code if you have one. You may reapply also but you have to improve the content of your hub for reconsideration.

39. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

Actually it depends.  It could also mean that you refused the association with www.hubpages.com on this page:

https://www.google.com/adsense/account-access

You should have received several emails directly from google explaining what is happening.  Without knowing what those say, it's impossible for us to say what has happened with your application.

40. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

Dear Paul,
    I do not get any mail from google, what to do next?
    As Prem singh suggests to improve content, I think all my pages rated good. my hub score is moving around 90 always and hubpages scoring between 60 to 80.
    Jyoti Kothari

1. premsingh profile image60
      premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

In the begining your score will be less and also the traffic because these both increases gradually with time. However, a new hubber has to apply at the time of sign up. If your hub did not attract any traffic in the begining when google crawled your hub, there are chances google monitored your hub (URL of the hub you provided to google) and found it not worth affiliation. You may better know for how long your affiliate settings showed google affiliation code pending. Even if none of the condition applies to your hub, you may send an email to google to reconsider your application.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image65
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Generally speaking a simple strategy for getting accepted by Adsense is to open a blogspot account at Blogger.com, start a blog, make a couple of decent posts on the blog, on a subject that you will probably be posting on here at Hubpages in any case, and submit THAT as your URL.

As long as you have a few sensible posts on the blog, so it looks like you intend to keep it up (which you could do anyway -- as much presence on the web as possible is good for you, as putting Adsense ads on Blogger blogs is extremely easy -- then you'll have TWO places on the Web with Adsense ads on it (check out what "channels" are for monitoring of each, by reading up on this at the Adsense site itself).

If you maintain your blogger blog, you can send people to your Hubpages from that blog -- more traffic for you at Hubpages, therefore, so potentially more revenue off your Hubpages ads.

I would tend to agree with Prem (I think that's her first name?), that you might want to reapply with a new email address (easy to set up at Gmail); also, if you switch off your modem for a few minutes, then you will probably be assigned a new IP by your Internet service provider, which might help too.
        Best of luck.
        Adsense Strategies

1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
          JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I had ben accepted by google adsense and also been provided by a code. They have shown in the accounts that so many pages visited on so and so date. They are also informing of revenues earned on those days.
          Some of my articles are doing well in the googl search engines. I have seen today an article in the 1st page of the google search another in the 2nd and some in 4th or 5th page. I think is pretty well. Not?
          The affiliate settings refers to sign-up for adsense and when signing-up it indicates already have an account.
          What to do next?
          jyoti kothari

2. profile image56
      funnyjokesmanposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I also haven't got any mail from google adsesne  support.The look like they are really busy

41. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
    pauldeedsposted 15 years ago

I'm surprised that you haven't gotten any emails from google at all.  You're going to have to work this out yourself with Google I guess.  Here is the place to start:

https://www.google.com/adsense/support/

42. annaw profile image59
    annawposted 15 years ago

I am somewhat computer and technically incompetent.
    I thought I was doing something wrong when I was unable to post adsense ads.
    Whew...Thanks.

43. lancedimetri profile image65
    lancedimetriposted 15 years ago

Hi Guys,
    I'm technically not good with computers, HTMLs and the registration stuffs. I'm lost! I have an Adsense Account and there are some ads in my hubpages. But something or is there anything wrong... I still can't get a single cent! My hubs are rated good, just started 10 days ago and traffic is rising. When should I expect to gain? Thanks...

pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You can expect to make from about $2 to $5 for every 1000 times your hubs are viewed.  Early on you'll probably to be at the lower end of that scale.  If your hubs start to generate some search engine traffic, you'll begin to earn more.

44. Karen Ellis profile image60
    Karen Ellisposted 15 years ago

I just posted a new Hub - no google adsense on them, but there seem to be spaces in my text where they might be.  I haven't checked my other hubs to see if they are having similar problems.  Hubpages are you looking into this?

1. jimmythejock profile image82
      jimmythejockposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I just went to your new page, the ads are there.....jimmy

45. profile image48
    AnnieMSposted 15 years ago

A concern with Adsense. I am really excited about participating at HubPages. I just enrolled in the program a few days ago and have encountered a problem with Adsense.

I have loaded all the sponsors with my affiliate IDs, but I have come to learn that Adsense has disabled my account. Has nothing to do with HubPages; appears I had a happy clicker at my blog who got a little finger happy. I have put in an appeals but have not heard anything from Adsense yet, so I am going to assume at this point that I am not getting it back.

Which leads me to my question -- Is there any way I can utilize Bidvertiser instead of Adsense? If someone could advise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help, 
    Annie

1. premsingh profile image60
      premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not possible to use Bidvertiser at hubpages

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)