Are you homophobic like me?

Jump to Last Post 101-125 of 125 discussions (540 posts)
  1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 14 years ago

Sooner, you never did tell us your score on the quiz? (Unless I missed it.)

1. creepy profile image56
      creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

according to that test im a raging homophobe and im gay

1. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yah  haahahhahaha!

2. sooner than later profile image59
      sooner than laterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

2. sooner than later profile image59
    sooner than laterposted 14 years ago

I think non-homophobic is 50. so I'm one point homophobic. But after this thread I feel more homophobic than when I took the test.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sooner, I think you've misinterpreted you score. I think 51 indicates you're off the chart homophobic. The lower the score the less homophobic, the higher the score the more homophobic. I'm not sure where the breakpoints are. My score was 8 which rated me non-homophobic.

3. sooner than later profile image59

Its public, homosexuality. What makes a couple homosexual or heterosexual is... sexual activity. I'm getting a little worn out by your laziness and reverting to name calling. I'm getting a little tired by you prejudice behavior and tagging me as some animal that I am not. Lets talk about the act that separates you from I. I feel that is a tad primal. Did you always know that you preffered men to women. Was it lustful, confusing, natural, what? educate me so that I am not such a beast.

4. sooner than later profile image59

did you ever have internal feelings of guilt? Did you ever feel it was not natural? Did you ever have sanitation problems? Did you hide your activities and preferences for any reason?

5. sooner than later profile image59

cut off was 50, I toyed around with it. I scored a 51. So I would be neutral with one less point.

One answer that probably would make me a "homophobic" dealt with a gay room mate. I had that experience once while I was in the field and the guy brought along a gym bag full of plastic heads with hair so he could practice braiding and cutting their hair for his boyfriends salon. He would comb and just pet the head for hours on end. Talking on the phone, combing hair. Sitting on the bed reading a book,combing hair. It was weird and I don't think I would ever have another gay room mate for any period of time.

1. sooner than later profile image59

When I canged that one question to neutral it put me at 46 and "non-homophobic". You said your score was 8. That not only means that you are not "homophobic" but you might have a male companion? best of wishes.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So - you like it up the bum now then? Good for you. I knew you were that way inclined and I am sure jeebus will be OK with it. He Seems A Very Forgiving Fellow.

I wish you well in your new relationships. Very well done. At last - I knew you would be the first to come out.

livelonger - you owe me $10. big_smile

No, I'm still homophobic. I tampered with the test to see where I would land. Sorry, we can't go out still.
          livelonger- just give me the $10.

2. Colebabie profile image60
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I scored a 6. What does that mean according to you sooner?

high grade non-homophobic.

6. profile image0
    SquigglesMcBeeBeeposted 14 years ago

I'm's claustrophobic...

7. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

7 - "high grade non-homophobic"

8. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years ago

25 - High Grade Non-Homophobic

9. LizzyBoo profile image60
    LizzyBooposted 14 years ago

I am happy to love a gay people! I do not judge people by they orientation. Gay or straig-still people

10. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
    AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years ago

Man this is all getting a bit silly. I mean, I would have thought that the only people obsessed with those times when a man's, well, organ, comes into closer-than-normal proximity to another man would be homosexual men... not evangelicals

(and I realize there are gay women too, but allow me some comedic licence)

11. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

..As well as who I Love!

12. profile image0

clarifying...

my post was in addition to my post to JBeadle.

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image64
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Gotcha wink

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i'm homophonephobic.

Cover your ears: "Hommofonefobick"

14. profile image0

big_smile

15. lostgirlscat profile image60
    lostgirlscatposted 14 years ago

Scored a 12- high-grade non-homophobic, whoopee! Seriously, people should just get a life. Who cares what two consenting adults decide to engage in sexually or whom they choose to share their life or love with. You think it's immoral? Let God sort it out. He's highly more qualified.

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Some people should get a life. Really !!!and this kind of threads go on and on and on.....
      I think the topic is a threat to Christians.
      lol

1. mega1 profile image79

bingo!

16. profile image0

Since we're discussing the word "phobia",

I believe it actually means having an UNREASONABLE or for no reason or an EXCESSIVE fear of something....am I right about that?

And since the subject of "tolerance" and "judgement" goes along with this topic,

It seems pretty evident to me that it's intolerant of liberals to judge what's "fearful" or "reasonable" in the minds of conservatives.

Many people, including me, have reason to "fear" the legalization of homosexual acts,  whether it's a fear of what our children will hear labeled as "right", or whether we just plain feel threatened by what we view as immorality being shouted from the political rooftops.

So I'd be interested in knowing what it is that HETEROPHOBES think they have to be afraid of from straight people, the average straight person anyway, not those who spout hate words and direct insults to the person and not the act of homosexuality.   Is it straight people they're afraid of,  or is it their consciences, ...is it perhaps God they're afraid of?

The problem is that half of what you say makes sense -- it is a legitimate concern to worry about what your children hear as being labelled as 'right', in general... and that half of what you say sounds like it comes from the Planet Zargon. Who are these heterophobes... I mean, unless you mean those gay people who have been beaten up for their sexuality by straight people... there are a LOT of those

1. mega1 profile image79

and bingo!

2. JBeadle profile image81
      JBeadleposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1.  Not ALL conservatives are against gay rights.

2.  It seems to me YOU should be afraid of *your* "God" for judging so harshly His children.  Since He warned you against doing this.  Check your Bible out maybe - it mentions gays about 2-3 times and doesn't condem it nearly to the level you say it does.  Prove me wrong.  Quote from the Bible.  Do you fear for the souls of thieves?  Or adulterers?  Or liars?  Have you lied?  Ever?  What happened to God's forgiveness?  Isn't your God the guy who drowns babies?  I can't believe in such a shallow God that drowns babies and sends gay people to hell.

*sigh*  I think I'm done here.  Why even bother on these threads.  I'm sure you are a loving caring woman Brenda Durham, trying to do your best.  If your image of God is correct.  I'd rather burn in hell.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd rather you didn't.  I would ask you to give that decision a second look.  But in the end that's between you and God.

1. JBeadle profile image81

I have a feelling you'll be quite remorseful when you meet your maker for having such a narrow view on people who don't see things your way and God will embrace you for it.  People aren't perfect, eh?  The God I know exists loves us all, even people I can't understand why He would.  Even the worst of mankind.  Loves us all equally.  Of this I'm sure.  And I'm going to stick with that belief over yours until the day I die.  I'm ready to meet my maker with my decisions and reasoning.  I do judge though but on a person's merits and not their skin color, nor sexual preferences.  I don't think people who hold your view are evil or bad... it is usually a matter of upbringing and comfort zones.  Most of the people who I know who are like you are very nice people.  Most of my in-laws are conservatives and very nice people.  Most of them are in the "I don't care about gay people as long as they keep it out of my face" park now, which is an improvement from about ten years ago when they were in the "gay people are perverts and pedophiles" boat.  I don't like all gay people but the one's I don't like, I don't like because they are jerks - not because they are gay.

2. livelonger profile image85
        livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was really funny, JBeadle. lol Always a fan of a good bit of sarcasm.

1. earnestshub profile image80
          earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too! lol

That was not sarcasm.  It was genuine.  The Brenda's of the world feel they are protecting the ones they love at their core.  This I do believe.  I bet Brenda doesn't run down gay people in her car, for example.  Or spits on them, etc.

1. livelonger profile image85

You haven't read enough of her posts. She might not be violent towards gay people, but she most certainly is not motivated by love at all.

3. janiek13 profile image76
        janiek13posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"applause"!!

4. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

[/b]

you'd just get desensitized to it after a while anyway wink

Not sure why I bite on these forums.  It seems to turn preachy.  I'm just another person wondering what existence is all about.  Many questions and no real answers.  I try to use logic to get by... granted "my logic".  I don't know Brenda Durham and skip over a lot of what she writes but I know a lot of people who talk like her and they aren't "bad" people.  That's all I guess I'm really saying.  My wife didn't care for gay people when we met and I was mean to overweight people.  We've both grown up a lot since then.

By "like her" you should mean "are constantly amused by her."

17. sooner than later profile image59

"I don't like pale skin.  I find it aesthetically displeasing to see the veins under someone's skin.  I would not however, make a big deal about it, and if I did, it wouldn't surprise me if someone were to label me a racist."

HM! Me pale face! <-- insert chief voice.

18. sooner than later profile image59

I thought you would be satisfied with the way the public has reacted to this issue Livelonger. I think everyone kept it peaceful.

Certainly a nonviolent denial of equal rights is better than a violent one. But it's still an injustice, one that is on its way to being ended.

I wish you all the hapiness in the world. Please accept my hand in a modest end to our differences.

anybody out there.

2. livelonger profile image85

Accepted.

Thank you. Now I'm off to make some dinner. Good night all. Sooner

19. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Are you relating being gay to someone who is loud, parties all the time and is a nuisance?

Being gay isn't a lifestyle. It is who someone is.

1. drej2522 profile image68
      drej2522posted 14 years agoin reply to this

(ahem)pssst, Cole. I think they are one in the same..being 'you' is a lifestyle. hmm

1. Colebabie profile image60

Being who you are affects your lifestyle. Sure. But to me they are different. Lifestyle is the way a person lives not who a person is. Although one dictates the other.

Well, how about this?...if you mean labeling someone as a lifestyle such as...you are gay, straight, black, female...then no...they are not one in the same because everyone is different no matter what CATEGORY you might fall under. BUT, I think each individual can create his or her own unique lifestyle that nobody else can duplicate...

And sorry, I was just making a statement. I actually didn't read any of the other pervious posts, so I have no idea what your conversation is pertaining to. tongue

2. JOE BARNETT profile image61
      JOE BARNETTposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i thought it was called homosexual lifestyle or alternative lifestyle?

20. profile image0

i just wonder why God hates homosexuals, since we are all "his children". that would be like a human parent hating his son if he were gay. it's kind of sad that imperfect humans can love their gay child yet a perfect God can't.

Ohhh, I thought God hated all of us! smile How goes it, cosette?

1. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile

pretty well. i hope you are well also. well i have to go now. people coming over and whatnot. have a great day!

21. Colebabie profile image60

Yeah dre I know what you're saying. And it wasn't really a conversation that you missed, I just kinda made a comment. I think when it comes to homosexuals people judge their "lifestyle" and say it is their "lifestyle" that they disagree with. But being gay is a part of who you are which dictates your "lifestyle" so people are disagree with them as people. Which is ridiculous. I dunno if that makes sense, just how I see it smile

yeah, it would be like saying...You're female...I hate your lifestyle! Which is ridiculous!

(whispers) which is what I truly believe. I hate women's lifestyles...tongue

1. Colebabie profile image60

Haha well I love my lifestyle...

Being a guy... no thanks.

hahaha...what? you wouldn't like to be rude, obnoxious, and think about women 24/7?...and don't forget sports, beer, and farting! I mean, come on! ha smile

22. Colebabie profile image60

Well i love sports and beer. (girls don't fart)

Not all men are rude and obnoxious.

And I think about men 24/7.

So no, I'm happy being a woman smile

well, I was just going with the stereotypes...isn't that what this thread is about? tongue

and women have to go through a lot of crap like cramps, pains, and pregnancy...no thank you! smile

23. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I am proud to be high grade non-homophobic!  I think the debate over homosexuality is pointless.  Compassion and understanding treatment of each other  - all of us - is the goal of any thinking, caring human - so stop looking at color, gender, and all that - start seeing PEOPLE when you look at others, treat them like you want to be treated,and you'll also feel better about yourself - that's my final say on this subject.  really.

24. JayDeck profile image61
    JayDeckposted 13 years ago

Proud to be high grade non-homophobic! So glad to not be someone whose life is so uninteresting that I must involve myself in policing the lives of others!

25. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)