I have loved you with an everlasting love

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (55 posts)
  1. donnaisabella profile image71
    donnaisabellaposted 14 years ago

1Co 13:1  If I speak in the tongues of humans and angels but have no love, I have become a reverberating gong or a clashing cymbal.
    1Co 13:2  If I have the gift of prophecy and can understand all secrets and every form of knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains but have no love, I am nothing.
    1Co 13:3  Even if I give away all that I have and surrender my body so that I may boast but have no love, I get nothing out of it.
    1Co 13:4  Love is always patient, Love is always kind, Love is never envious Or vaunted up with pride. Nor is she conceited,
    1Co 13:5  And never is she rude, Never does she think of self Or ever get annoyed. She never is resentful,
    1Co 13:6  Is never glad with sin, But always glad to side with truth, Whene'er the truth should win.
    1Co 13:7  She bears up under everything, Believes the best in all, There is no limit to her hope, And never will she fall.
    1Co 13:8  Love never fails. Now if there are prophecies, they will be done away with. If there are tongues, they will cease. If there is knowledge, it will be done away with.
    1Co 13:9  For what we know is incomplete and what we prophesy is incomplete.
    1Co 13:10  But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.
    1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spoke like a child, thought like a child, and reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up my childish ways.
    1Co 13:12  Now we see only a blurred reflection in a mirror, but then we will see face to face. Now what I know is incomplete, but then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known.

1Co 13:13  Right now three things remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that was always one of my favorite Bible verses.

2. profile image55
    (Q)posted 14 years ago

Is there some point to your preaching?

donnaisabellaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its a beautiful message written (if you like preached) by the apostle Paul to the Christians in Corinth. It inspires me.

1. profile image55
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

As Lady Guinevere so astutely points out, Paul was a traitor, he was also a charlatan and a fraud. You can thank Paul for the Christ myth. He has you and every other Christian fooled.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I understand you (Q).

2. Jerami profile image57
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Two diffrent songs come to my mind...
          There's something happining here
          What is aint exactly clear.
          Battle lines being drawn   
          Nobody is right and everybodys wrong.

An army on both sides of the valley.
          A village in the valley
          Children are playing

The fighting continues
          NO PEACE in the valley
          No one wins.

War what did we do it for!!!

Something I heard my grand Pa said a hundred times
            Why caint they just get along??
          Sorry   Guess I'm just being silly.

2Ti 2:23  Do not have anything to do with foolish and stupid discussions, because you know they breed arguments.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

The Corintians no longer exist wo what would the message be today?  Paul also was a traitor to the followers of Christ and you cannot tell me that he would change just like that overnight when his main purpose was to bring those believers in for persecution by Roman law.  Paul's messages leave a bad after-taste.  What happened to Jesus's messages after Paul came on the scene.  Is the Bible about Jesus or about Paul.  You can read about that in one of my hubs...Peter's Foundation or Paul's Obession for yourself.  And Paul did NOT get along with Jesus.  You may not find this strange, but some of us do.

Rom 11:33  O how deep are God's riches, wisdom, and knowledge! How impossible to explain his judgments or to understand his ways!

2. Dolores Monet profile image95
      Dolores Monetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paul did not get along with Jesus? I thought that Jesus had been crucified some time before Paul's conversion, that they did not meet, and were not contemporaries.

3. MBP42 profile image60
      MBP42posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure where you received your info but you are confused. Paul started out as Saul a pharisee and persecutor of the Christ followers. On the road to Damscus Christ knocked Saul off his high horse and converted him to belief. He then is known as Paul and the bible is not about Paul it's about the letters Paul wrote to encourage followers to keep following Christ.

4. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Why don't you give donnaisabella a break ?!

For Christians that passage is the most beautiful in the Bible.
    What's wrong with that ????

1. profile image55

I would like to have someone clarify the point of these forums, is it a place where one is free to come and preach or a place for discussion? If preaching, then I apologize to donnaisabella and retract my comments.

Any other forums I've been to usually do not allow preaching.

Take your pick (Q).

1. Jerami profile image57
          Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought that the forums was to express and or share thoughts.  I have thoughts going off in my mind all of the time.
            Sometimes they make total sense when I'm just thinking them. But when I hear myself saying them out loud they loose some of their logic.
            The next step is to share them with others to get their take on the idea. Maybe my thoughts will be altered by hearing their thoughts.  This is how thought evolves.
             And yes these were beautiful verses
          Thank you donnaisabell 
          And merry Christmas to all.

1. profile image55

I agree, but donnaisabella isn't sharing thoughts, she's simply copying/pasting scriptures with no other commentary for discussion.

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1. profile image55

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.  (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.  (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Notice that copying and pasting scriptures is rather pointless?

2. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To post a Bible quote is not preaching, I think.

1. profile image55

I always thought it was preaching, I could be wrong, though. In fact, when any scriptural quotes start off a thread without any other commentary in other forums, the threads were usually closed and the author warned of preaching.

If donnaisabella were to quote scriptures and then begin a discussion involving the quotes, that would be different as she is engaging discussion.

But again, things may be very different here and it would behoove me to know about such rules for future reference.

1. tantrum profile image60

I understand what you say. But for me , preaching is someone giving  religious advice and admonitions to a crowd.
            Maybe I'm wrong.

1. profile image55

I would agree, too. But, if the quotes were put up in an OP by me, for example, without any commentary, would you think I was giving religious advice?  smile

Depends on the commentary. If you say: 'this is the truth, and you better follow this words', for example, yes, that would be preaching.

1. profile image55

Exactly. Good point. The same would apply if one were to say: "Evil words, you better not follow them or you will burn in atheist hell!" hehe

EXACTLY ! lol

3. docrehab profile image61
        docrehabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Atheism the fashion. You dont like, dont read and dont reply. I just love anything about LOVE and this is just about LOVE. Why not just taking the good into?

5. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Ths is NOT what it says!

6. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Read the whole chapter and don't try to use the scriptures as some kind of sword to harm others.

1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

7. pioneer_writer5 profile image58
    pioneer_writer5posted 14 years ago

I love Paul's writings. They have a power and a flow. He is actually one of the writers that I have been most influenced by.I think that donnaisabella is merely quoting Bible verses and not really preaching. I think preaching is connecting scripture and rendering an interpretation or an understanding received from what is read.

8. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

THIS IS MADNESS!!! 

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f256/Amy30/crazy.gif

lol
      Total madness !

9. Lady Guinevere profile image66

That just proves that you have no mind of your own and that you cannot think for yourself.

1Co 13:5  And never is she rude, Never does she think of self Or ever get annoyed. She never is resentful,

10. Lady Guinevere profile image66

more crap.  Oh well I wil not post here again.  There is no sense of individuality here only that of a robot-like person or entity.

Luk 7:31  "To what can I compare the people of this generation?
      Luk 7:32  They are like little children who sit in the marketplace and shout to each other, 'A wedding song we played for you, the dance you did but scorn. A woeful dirge we chanted, too, but then you did not mourn.'
      Luk 7:33  For John the Baptist has come neither eating bread nor drinking wine, yet you say, 'He has a demon!'
      Luk 7:34  The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, 'Look, a glutton and a drunk, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!'
      Luk 7:35  Absolved from every act of sin, is wisdom by her kith and kin."

11. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt90/Wes878/hell-hell-bible-jesus-god-stupid-at.jpg

12. thesecondadvent profile image62
    thesecondadventposted 14 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friends,

Personally, we enjoy Paul.  He was only a baby when Jesus lived.  His upbringing was in a Pharisee household, and his beliefs were in total opposition unto the teaching of Christ.  Yet, there was a total conversion of Paul by Christ.  After that conversion he preached and taught the Kingdom of Love/heaven just as Jesus commanded. 

Some of Paul's teachings were only for the people of his day and time, and doeth not apply unto any today at all.  We know that women should preach and run a church if they so feel inspired.  Paul said that women should be quiet in the congregation.  We art not sure if that meant not preaching, however, that teaching doeth not apply today whatsoever. 

In the end, Paul died a sacrificial death as a result of his preaching and teaching the Kingdom of Love/heaven.  He died, not in his sin, but in his Love for Christ.

Now, Donnaisabella hast posted scripture, beautiful scripture to say the least.  And, we were all for this posting, thinking that it wouldest engender Loving discussion.  However, it turneth out that her's was not a simply posting for Loving discussion, but, indeed, preaching.  Her continual posting of scripture in response unto statements and question is proof that she is, indeed, preaching.   

Our Love doeth not diminsh for her because of this.  We Love her and all herein dearly.  However, one must adjust unto the will of Love, which is peace and equality, that a true Loving discussion mightest ensue.

13. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

If she's preaching, she should go somewhere else !!!
    this only shows how tricky, christians are!
    thank you !!

14. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

well, actually, she seems to be one of the more decent HubPages Christians. i don't see this as preaching. i see it as just her posting her favorite Bible verses.

I agree with you. For me she wasn't preaching, but this other hubber, says she is, so... if that's the case, it's tricky.
      Maybe donnaisabella should clarify.

15. Lady Guinevere profile image66

Then she should have named her thread or hub, her favoirte bible verses.  sorry had one more comment.

16. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

yeah, that...fiend.

roll

17. donnaisabella profile image71
    donnaisabellaposted 14 years ago

FINALLY BROTHERS AND SISTERS;

Pro 10:12  Hatred stirs up strife: but love covers all wrong/sins.

'Tantrum' I love YOU.

Don't love me too much! It's bad for the heart.

18. double_frick profile image59
    double_frickposted 14 years ago

i'm not religious any longer, and i don't see the bible the way the masses seem to, as literal truth.
    but there are some wonderful messages and morals to be learned in the bible and this is one of the passages my mind has been taking me to lately. it is much deeper to me now, as a non-christian, than it was when i read and fervently believed every word in the bible.

19. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

@Donna roll  geez

20. alexandriaruthk profile image69
    alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

Merry Christmas to everyone,

21. Williamjordan profile image58
    Williamjordanposted 14 years ago

Jesus came for us and today we celebrate his comming thank you God!!!

22. Glenda Grosjean profile image60
    Glenda Grosjeanposted 14 years ago

I like I Corinthians 13.  It is the first chapter I memorized.  Thank you for sharing.  : )

23. joshuachlim profile image59
    joshuachlimposted 14 years ago

i agree with u, donnaisabella
    "Hatred stirs up strife: but love covers all wrong/sins."
    to know true happiness is to know LOVE.
    like to share with u something i wrote somewhere...

"I gotta take a little time
    A little time to think things over
    I better read between the lines
    In case I need it when I’m older
    Now this mountain I must climb
    Feels like a world upon my shoulders
    I through the clouds I see love shine
    It keeps me warm as life grows colder
    In my life there’s been heartache and pain
    I don’t know if I can face it again
    I wanna know what love is I want You to show me
    I’m gonna take a little time A little time to look around me
    Ive got nowhere left to hide
    It looks like Love has finally found me "
    Mariah Carey in "I want to know what love is"(adapted)

love is the foundation
    of any happiness.
    without love,
    without someone to love
    our happiness is not complete.
    we r created in His image,
    created to love.
    no matter how hushand n wife fights,
    a hug still has a lot of feelings
    A boy falls in love with a girl,
    it’s the happiest moment.
    A married couple wants a baby to love
    to make their happiness complete.
    In order to find happiness
    we must have love in the heart,
    have someone to love.
    love is everything a person needs.
    love can penetrate the coldest of hearts.
    God is love.
    His love is unconditional.
    Turn to Him n to His embrace.
    let Him comforts u.
    He’s always there,
    and He’s in you.
    just acknowledge His presence
    and see your life changed.

24. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Yes, the bible is full of god's love! lol

From there Elisha went up to Bethel.  While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him.  "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!"  The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord.  Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces.  (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

And he smote of the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of Jehovah, he smote of the people seventy men, `and' fifty thousand men; and the people mourned, because Jehovah had smitten the people with a great slaughter.  And the men of Beth-shemesh said, Who is able to stand before Jehovah, this holy God? and to whom shall he go up from us?   (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

Meanwhile, the LORD instructed one of the group of prophets to say to another man, "Strike me!"  But the man refused to strike the prophet.  Then the prophet told him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, a lion will kill you as soon as you leave me."  And sure enough, when he had gone, a lion attacked and killed him.  (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

The ark of God was placed on a new cart and taken away from the house of Abinadab on the hill.  Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab guided the cart, with Ahio walking before it, while David and all the Israelites made merry before the Lord with all their strength, with singing and with citharas, harps, tambourines, sistrums, and cymbals.

When they came to the threshing floor of Nodan, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God to steady it, for the oxen were making it tip.  But the Lord was angry with Uzzah; God struck him on that spot, and he died there before God.  (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)
    How could anyone believe in this?
    Oh that's right! It's in the book! smile

1. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmmm.......   hmm

Sorry!  Earnest is right.   smile

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

a politician is still a politician even after they are removed from office because they were trying to shag the secretary or even the secretaries brother. lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)