Who believes in Jesus/God?

Jump to Last Post 101-111 of 111 discussions (409 posts)
  1. Artin2010 profile image65
    Artin2010posted 14 years ago

I BELIEVE IN JESUS/GOD, THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD, ANGELS GOOD AND BAD. I BELIEVE IN GOOD PEOPLE AND BAD PEOPLE, THE BAD ONES NEED HELP IN GETTING HONEST WITH THEMSELVES SO THEY CAN BECOME GOOD. I BELIEVE THROUGH LOVE AND TRUSTING GOD THAT ALL TROUBLES OF THIS THING WE ARE CALLING LIFE CAN BE IMPROVED GREATLY. SPIRITUAL PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION. ASK JESUS TO HELP YOU, SO THAT YOU CAN HELP SOMEONE ELSE, THIS IS LOVE AND THE VERY THING THAT BUILDS CHARACTER AND FAITH! I BELIEVE...

2. NewYorker profile image59
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

I think religion and everything in a remote connection to God, Jesus, Adam, Eve, Moses and all those people is just pure bullshit.

These are lies we have actually believed for 2010 years!

WE ARE MOOOORONS.

1. e-matter profile image62
      e-matterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

so what happens when we die?

1. profile image53
        (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We're dead. Then, we hear a voice calling out.

"Th...th...th...th.. that's all folks!"

3. theirishobserver. profile image60
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

As you will see from my Hub yesterday, I had to beleive in someone or something.....

4. e-matter profile image62
    e-matterposted 14 years ago

I believe. And I personally don't understand how anyone cannot. Call me weak or pathetic, but I actually feel depressed whenever I hear people say that when we die we simply stop existing. If that were the case then why bother doing anything at all? Why get out of bed in the morning? Why experience things and fall in love if when you die you won't even remember? Why even bother? It's such a depressing concept! Why would anyone want to simply stop existing? It seriously baffles me!

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which would you prefer to be called? Weak or pathetic?

5. Precious Pearl profile image75
    Precious Pearlposted 14 years ago

I Believe!  And it gives me much joy to say it!!

6. drej2522 profile image68
    drej2522posted 14 years ago

I believe there was a Jesus...And I think he was a great man. I'll even say this, I think he was/is the greatest man that ever lived. I have no quarrels with that. Now, whether or not he is the "Son of God"? Ehhhh...I say listen to the messages he was trying to convey, and you'll do just fine either way. smile

7. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I believe in Jesus and God!

8. skye2day profile image67
    skye2dayposted 14 years ago

I believe Jesus Crist is the son of God. He died on the cross for our sins so we cold be spared hell and have everlasting life. The Holy Spirit is birthed into us and is our helper guide and comforter. When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. Repent of sin and commit our lives to him. Believe he died on the cross the we are 'Borne again'. Jesus said I must go and ascended into Heaven. He told us I do not leave you alone but with The Holy Spirit. He will return for his church as he ascended, he will also return. I believe.

Jesus is our ticket to heaven. Deny Jesus and you deny the Father, God. He will deny you into the pearly gates. If you do not know him, then invite him into your heart. How could one endure these most difficult times without the Lord? Yikes. The Father loves us. He will watch out for his kids. It is a choice for each one to make. We do have free will. Thank God he sent his son for me, for you. He suffered the cross for us. He wishes no one to perish. Amen.

9. MrTooree profile image61
    MrTooreeposted 14 years ago

You better believe I do !!! I believe that JESUS is the son of GOD. And I love the LORD with all my heart. HE has been so good to me , I can hardly stand it. As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD !!!

10. Leah Wingert profile image68
    Leah Wingertposted 14 years ago

These forums rarely turn out well because the athesits do not listen, nor do they respect. I've read a lot of these forums and most of the people who post here should just be quiet.  Very few, the defenders of the gospel (which needs no defending), and the ditractors of the gospel would rather argue, bicker and make each other seem foolish than actually have a real conversation.  Allowing ourselves as the body of Christ to be drawn into these kinds of childish games is dumb.  More over it's what they want, the more incensed we become, the better they like it.  So for future reference, Jesus needs no defense from humans. Nor does the Lord God, he's pretty good at taking care of Himself.  For the unbelievers, that is your right and your challenge, it's hard not to believe in anything, to have no moral compass.  There will be judgment, however it will be made by no mortal being, but by the Lord God. Obviously we can not convince you, not everyone can or will be saved by the gospel.  And this kind of cantakerous bickering does nothing to further His Kingdom.  Take a step back people and realize this for what it is.  It is my, I believe, God given right to believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. It is also your God given right not to, one day all of us will find out who's right and who's not, until that day leave it alone people. Especially the believers who are being drawn into this idiocy. Come on, ya'll should know better.

1. John Cain profile image59
      John Cainposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes I believe. As far as the separation of the names such as Jesus and God, I believe in the holy trinity ( Father, Son, and Holy Spirit ). I agree with Leahs comment fully which is why I rarely reply here anymore. Sometimes all these forums do is invite a bunch of blasphemy.

2. Hokey profile image61
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then lets have a serious conversation. Are you ready?

3. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So - how is telling me I have no moral compass in any way not starting a fight? Or showing respect? You do not think I am capable of making my own moral compass and this makes me a bad person? Not as good as you huh? Nice. And I will be judged by the Lord Your God? How on earth do you not think this is going to offend me?

But - you are right on one thing. Believing is indeed the easy option. Learning to be your own guide and deciding to do what is right because it is right, instead of fear of judgment is much harder than just following the sheeple in front. Not that any Christians break the law or anything. They have such high moral standards that they always live up to.

1. Hokey profile image61

WORCESTER, MA. A former pastor Andrew J. Bierkan, 54, at the First Congregational Church of Sutton who now heads a church in Ohio has been indicted here on charges of unnatural      of a child and posing a child in a state of . He is now pastor of St. Paul United Church of Christ in Cincinnati, according to Worcester District Attorney John J. Conte. (Worcester Telegram & Gazette, August 13, 2003)
        Ex-Sutton pastor charged with      of      from church

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PORTLAND, OR. Church volunteer pleaded          to 26 counts of     ,        and     abuse. Derrick Mayberry was indicted by a grand jury on Tuesday and entered the plea on Wednesday. Mayberry, 23, was arrested May 15 on accusations of raping two teenage     s he met while volunteering at the New Beginnings Christian Center in northeast Portland. The victims were 13 and 15 years old. (KOIN TV, May 29, 2003)
        Church Worker, Coach Enters Plea In     Abuse Case
        Church volunteer, coach faces     abuse charges

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Milpitas, CA. A secretary to a LDS Bishop has admitted to    ually molesting four children, and will be sentenced to 14 years in prison. Craig Allen Harward, 54, pleaded guilty Monday to three counts of      and lascivious acts on children under the age of 14, and no contest to a fourth count of the same charge, Four of the case with the most convincing evidence involved four boys -- two of whom were 10, one 11 and another 13 years old at the time they were molested. (SAan Fransisco Chronicle, March 12, 2003)
        Child molester pleads guilty

Visalia, CA -- A 38-year-old Visalia man who was a leader in a local Jehovah's Witness congregation may face up to 16 years in prison on charges of    ually molesting a 12-year-old congregation member. Louis Anguiano served until last year as an elder at the Kingdom Hall of ' at 5310 Caldwell Ave. He is accused of continuous    ual abuse, over a two-year period, of a      who attended the same congregation. (The Fresno Bee, January 30, 2003)
        Visalian who was a Jehovah's Witness leader accused by     , 12.

Just off a simple search.

2. Leah Wingert profile image68
        Leah Wingertposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The assumption is that I care about offense. Which I do not.  Most do not care about offending me as a Christian, I however tend to handle it better. I don't run (as is evidenced by the fact that I reposted, I do have a life off the internet and needed to get some housework done, then I'm going to work in case you think I've "run" again.) I rarely shout, I try to observe and as I've said before I read these forums. They are nasty and I will not be drawn into that kind of retalitory, derogatory type of behavior.  God doesn't need me to defend Him neither does Jesus Christ.  We get into attacking each other, I think your Point of View is wrong. You think mine is wrong. Is there anything useful you can say that will change that? I know Christians can be hateful and awful. I know that. We are not prefect, I do not expect perfection from Christians however, because human beings are innately evil. I include myself in that assement. You want to fight with me. I don't care to. @HOKEY really, hmmm I don't believe that we would have a conversation, it would be snippy, nastiness which I would probably partake in eventually because I am by nature an agressive person.  So no thank you, you've already begun the "conversation" negatively.  Look at the way in which your "offer"  is worded. I am sorry if you believe my comments were ment to offend. They were not, but how can somone have a moral comapss who believes in nothing? Hmm.  You may "know" more than I do about the gospel, because I am a fairly new Christian, but I study my bible daily, currently I am in Acts.  I do my best to find the answers.

4. Hokey profile image61

Well? Where are you? I am always up for an honest debate! You posted calling names. I will not. Simple honest debate. Lets see what you know about your own religion. Probably nothing which is why you posted and ran.  hmm

5. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol
      I'm bored of this nonsense about 'Judgment'. If you want to be judged, be my guest! But don't put everyone in your foolish bag.

11. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

Question:"Who believes in Jesus/God?"
    Answer:

I don't believe that Jesus was god or son of god in literal terms, symbolically, yes.

I love Jesus and Mary as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)