Do you hate cats?

Jump to Last Post 1-36 of 36 discussions (65 posts)
  1. seanorjohn profile image72
    seanorjohnposted 14 years ago

I always saw myself as a dog lover but I really love my cats.My children introduced them to the house.

2. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Answer: Not if you can find a good recipe

seanorjohnposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are stew funny.

3. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I like dogs and cats, but my cat, Maya, is like my child.

4. europewalker profile image81
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

I can't stand them, I prefer dogs.

So do I, but strangely cats act like dogs with me. They must know.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I grew up with cats and always loved them. I married a dog person and learned to love them , too.
    Several of both species have owned us.

Owning us is true.

6. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Love dogs and I raise cats for my slipper buisness!(I'm kidding.)big_smile

7. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

no smile

ok

8. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Love all animals, even cats and dogs.  smile

9. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 14 years ago

I like both cats and dogs.  Dogs are a pain in the ass though.  Cats crap in a box and can be left to their own devices with a large, open bag of catfood and the toilet lids up.  You can take a vacation and come back to healthy cats and home.  Try that with a dog.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/450769_f120.jpg

See.

1. rmr profile image67
      rmrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, if I leave the toilet lid up, my cat likes to high dive off the counter. He's a little weird.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
        Shadesbreathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Please, for the love all things holy, get that on video!  That HAS to be hilarious.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's true-- cats are pretty much self-sufficient. My mom and dad left a bag of dry cat food in the garage with a crock of  water with a slow drip to refill it, and taught their cat to go through the garage window to reach food, water and an old blanket "bed".  They could leave for a couple of weeks . The cat was glad to see them-- but otherwise, unaffected.

When I grew up with cats, we never knew about litter boxes-- our cats found a their "litter" or a sandpile outside somewhere in the big backyard.

We did, once, have a mommy cat  who had her kittenlitter in the  bathroom towel cupboard -- even though mom had prepared her a perfect  towel-lined cardboard box.

10. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

I think pets of all kinds are highly overrated.  If you need to lavish affection and attention it would be nicer to find a deserving human and feed and clothe and shelter them for about the same amount of money!  Seriously, altho I know people will not want to hear me say this - in the U.S. at any rate, we have gone way overboard with pets and there are many reasons why I will never own another one.  I do enjoy my friend's pets, but I think its nuts - on average they have spent about 11,000 per dog and right now I don't know anyone with a cat, which are less expensive.  Just go down the pet aisles in the supermarket and look at how much stuff is there and compare it to the section reserved for baby stuff.  I ask you!

11. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I like all animals, even if I may not want them, say, on my living room couch (as a cat is perched on the back of my sheet-covered couch while I write this).  hmm  (Oops - she must know I was thinking of her because now she's right next to me, staring up at my face.  smile  )

I don't get hating any kind of animal, even if someone doesn't want one kind or another for a pet.

My neighbour hates cats and she is sriously upset if one of my cats goes into her garden. She told me your black cat was in my back garden last night. I said I would have words.

12. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Misha and Ready, WHERE have you guys been?? I was about to send out the Lone Ranger and a posse!

I love all animals, but my big ol' dogs are my babies!

I couldn't believe I could come to love cats coz I always saw dogs as my babies.

13. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I totally dig Cats ! But I like our canine friends alot too !

Dogs are best though

14. Internetwriter62 profile image79
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

I love cats. I even wrote a hub about my first cat.

Just going to read that hub

15. JWestCattle profile image61
    JWestCattleposted 14 years ago

I always said I didn't want a cat.  Had one years back that just showed up, and fortunately acted like a dog and went to the door to go outside.  He went on his own way a few months later.

Now.  I have about a dozen cats, and love my cats, have a litter of newborns in the living room right now, and hopefully the last, Roxy will be spayed asap.  Three are inside cats, mostly, and they cooperate with me and go to the door during the day to let me know they want outside.  And at night?  Ouch, who knew.  My Pumpkin and my Jag literally screech to wake me up to go out, and do the same outside the window in the middle of the night to come back in.  They are perhaps too dog like now.  And Leopold just gets right in my face or pounces on my stomach to get my attention.  They run my life now........and I enjoy them all.

16. LeonJane profile image73
    LeonJaneposted 14 years ago

Cats are cool until they take a huge dump in their litter tray. It's okay if they stick to a beef biscuit diet but as soon as you mix it up with flavored biscuits like sardine, turkey and tuna you end up with an smells wafting through the house that are off this planet.

Every time I clean or mop the floor it seems to be an invitation for them to vomit up a huge hair ball right in the middle of the living room floor.

Apart from that, and constantly crying to be let out or fed, cats are cool and they put up with a lot of silly treatment from their owners.

Dogs are cool too, but if dogs are bored they will dig up your entire garden beds, rip the clothes off your clothes line, bark all day long, chew the crap out of anything in reach and knock over their water bowl. If cats are bored they will give you a shitty look, turn away from you and find somewhere to sleep for the next 23 hours before they wait for their next meal.

17. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Most pets require attention and interaction. Cats are easier in this respect-- especially if they can be outdoors much of the time.

If you are a dog-owner-- sometimes, two or three (if you have the space) are a good idea, so they can entertain each other.

18. advisor4qb profile image76
    advisor4qbposted 14 years ago

Cats are just too aloof for me!  I am totally a dog person.  I like cats, and I liked being affectionate with the cats I used to have, but dogs are just so much more jovial and open to interaction that I like them better.

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 14 years agoin reply to this

to my advisor , this is for you !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJIqnXTqg8I

19. samboiam profile image61
    samboiamposted 14 years ago

I love cats. They taste just like chicken.

1. alternate poet profile image66
      alternate poetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is what got me into eating chicken in the first place big_smile

20. Rafini profile image82
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

kiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!

I love my cats & kitties!!  smilesmile:smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smiletonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetonguetongue

(had some help with this post from my 16 yr old son LOL who thinks he's like 26)

21. donotfear profile image84
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I always tell my single friends one thing: If the man loves cats, he's okay.  If he hates cats, run!!!

I love kitties. I'm allergic to them but do have one. They are so soft and independent. I love our cat Buster.

1. Art 4 Life profile image59
      Art 4 Lifeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have 5 cats, they serve a purpose here...they keep rats and mice out of my barn. But, they seem to act more like dogs, as they accompany me to do chores...I have an animal parade each day,...the dogs follow me, the cats follow me...I do like the cats, but they dont have a long life here, usually ranging about 3-5 yrs...if they dont get stepped on by the horses, or cows, they get ate by a coyote or grabbed by an owl eventually. I lost 2 to Bobcat fever last year....I'm more of a dog person, but the cats are nice ...and they are extremely friendly...and they keep the rats and mice down ..

Thanks for all the interesting responses.
        A few of us seem surprised that we become so fond of cats when we have always seen ourselves as dog lovers.
        The first cat we got was called Oscar and he would follow me to the local shop where I bought the paper and then wait patiently outside.Once or twice he would jump into the car and accompany us on the morning school run.

I witnessed him run over by a speeding car down our street and I was devastated. It was two years before we got cats again.The two adorable sisters in my avatar, Sasha and Annie are real characters and much loved.

22. Flavie Lolol profile image64
    Flavie Lololposted 14 years ago

Me? To love cats? No! Cats, especially those that are plain black, are not good at all. Those black cats are full of bad omen.

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol,   funny, but isn't your avatar from the feline family?  lol

1. Flavie Lolol profile image64
        Flavie Lololposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello, Rafini. You have asked a very good question.

The cat you see on my avatar is a big cat. If you associate yourself with the big cats like the one you see on my avatar, then your creativity will improve and you will become powerful.

But those tiny cats, like the ones people keep in their homes as pets, those are bad one, especially if it’s plain black. They are full of bad omen.

I hope you are aware that if any of those tiny and plain black cats crosses the road ahead of you, especially early in the morning, you should abandon your journey there and there. If you do continue, then you will have yourself to blame.

1. TheGlassSpider profile image65
          TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love big cats too. They are majestic and powerful creatures (I've always wanted to be able to work with them).

However, I own a black cat. She is sweet and wonderful and a very good friend of mine. She crosses my path many times a day. Indeed, I would consider it a bad omen if she didn't.

Just my two cents. smile

23. hublim profile image67
    hublimposted 14 years ago

I like cats but unfortunately have an allergic reaction when around them.

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just a bit of info: Since I've been taking Zyrtec each day, my cat allergy has dwindled to the point I can have our cat stay indoors for brief periods of time. I can even pet him without wheezing, though I always wash my hands and arms afterwards. I'm also allergic to horses as well, but now can work around them with no problem. It's a joy!

24. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Hate them more than any other mammal, or at least cats will definitely make my list of top 10 animals I hate.

25. Disturbia profile image61
    Disturbiaposted 14 years ago

I love cats!

Weird Al Yankovic parody of Harry Chapin's "Cat's In The Cradle"

http://www.bitoffun.com/notes/chinese_f … kettle.htm

Did you ever think when you eat Chinese,
    It ain't pork or chicken, but a fat siamese,
    Yet the food tastes great, so ya don't complain,
    but that's not chicken in your chicken chow
    mein.
    Seems to me I ordered sweet and sour pork,
    But Garfield's on my fork,
    He's purrin here on my fork...

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon,
    The place that I eat everyday at noon,
    They can feed you cat and you'll never know,
    Once they wrap it up in dough, boys,
    They fry it real crisp in dough.

Chou Lin asked if I wanted more,
    As he was dialin up his buddy at the old pet store,
    I said not today,
    I lost my apettite,
    There's two cats in my belly and they want to fight,
    I was suckin on a Rolaid and a Tums or two,
    When I swear I heard it mew, boy,
    And that is when I knew...

There's a cat in the kettle at the Peking Moon,
    I think I gotta stop eating there at noon,
    They say that it's beef or fish or pork,
    But it's purrin there on my fork,
    There's a hairball on my fork.

1. profile image0
      Audreveaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh that's horrible. I'll be having nightmares now.

2. seanorjohn profile image72

Disturbia, I find this disturbing and strangely alluring as well as amusing.

26. rmcrayne profile image91
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I like cats just fine.  But I don't want one of my very own.  Neither do my 2 dogs.

27. Padrino profile image60
    Padrinoposted 14 years ago

Hated Cats but loved Rent!

28. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

they're yummy!

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hear they taste just like chicken.  A little BBQ sauce, good to go.

29. TheGlassSpider profile image65
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

I love animals in general (even the creepy crawly ones wink ). I've kept both dogs and cats, and rescued quite a few of each. But the cats are by far my favorite. I have seven of the little boogers right now (indoor/outdoor, thank goodness).

I'd rather have fewer, but people keep dropping them in the neighborhood - between myself and my neighbors I'd say we have a whole colony, literally dozens of cats around, and not enough people to care for them. They're everywhere with hair flying around, and yes, far too expensive (even at just the basics), but they make me laugh, they comfort me when I'm sad, and they're just generally great to have. IMO

30. starme77 profile image77
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I never was a cat fan , but my daughter is , so we got her one , well it had babies and this one, we gave him away 3 times and each time the person brought him back - he would go nuts without his mommie , so we kept him and the two have grown on me , the male we had fixed and he is bigger than my dog smile the two are inseperable , loving , sweet cats , so I have learned to love them alot , and my bunny and my two puppy dogs smile I need to live on a farm cause now my kids want chickens smile

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had chickens once, they kept getting out and going down the road to my neighbor's house.  She'd call me all upset yelling that my chickens were scratching around in her garden again. 

We have some feral cats in the barn.  There's a big old black and white tom that my daughter is affraid of.  I just feed him and he seems happy in there.  He never comes close to me and never comes near the house.  Also a small calico female who keeps having kittens.  I know I shouldn't feed them but I can't just let them starve.  She seems to have ESP because everytime I go to get her and take her to the vet to be fixed, she disappears, kittens and all.  Then I don't see her for several months and suddenly there she is, walking around the barn all fat and pregnant again.  Of course I feed her, but she won't let me near her kittens after they are born and she'll spit and hiss and put up the biggest fuss when I try to get close.  I have no idea whatever happens to the kittens. I feel very irresponsible about all of this, but I really don't want to call the animal control on them.  They aren't my pets so I just leave them be, other than leaving some food out for them.  But even if I didn't feed them, we have so many field mice around the place, I'm sure they wouldn't starve.

I remember feral cats appearing on my uncles farm in Ireland and they too seemed to thrive by catching field mice and birds. My mum managed to domesticate a family of cats when we went over in the summer to visit and it sure proved to be their downfall. The whole lot seemed to disappear very quickly.So I would say you are doing right by letting them survive in the wild and keeping your distance.

love your hubs by the way. Read two of your husband ones--brilliant

31. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Nope.  If you cook 'em just right they tast like chicken.

32. PackSecure profile image60
    PackSecureposted 14 years ago

I love my cats.  They are so adorable and funny.

1. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've got 2 dogs and six cats.  Don't mind the dogs, the cats won't let you near 'em.

33. rambrose57 profile image60
    rambrose57posted 14 years ago

I'm not a cat hater but I don't love them.  Besides, I'm allergic to them so I'll never have a cat.

Quite a few hubbers seem to be allergic to cats

34. sukena@gmail.com profile image44
    sukena@gmail.composted 14 years ago

well aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i am ailurophic(sceared of cats) like nipoleon ,so  anyone who thinks cats are adorable cant understand my phobia as i cant understand what u people like abt Cats.

35. Deanna419 profile image60
    Deanna419posted 14 years ago

I love all animals, especially dogs and cats. Animals love you unconditionally and just want to make you happy. Humans, on the other hand, are vicious, selfish, and annoying!! That's why I have more animals than I do kids!!

Deanna, I agree that dogs love us unconditionally ,but cats whilst I find them cute, amusing and adorable are too independent to offer love in return.

36. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 14 years ago

I prefer petting a purring pussy to a panting pedigree.

You sound like theirishobserver. lol , no offence to you or irish.

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Great minds think alike.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)