HubPages vs. Bubblews

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (200 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image86
    Valeantposted 9 years ago

I've made about $8 here and openly question the transparency of how Hubs get their ratings.  At Bubblews, I've made $75 in half the time and have over 1,000 followers.  The ease of use of the two sites is staggering.  Plus, my rating at HubPages continues to rise the less I post.

1. Sed-me profile image79
      Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Are you proud of what you've written at Bubblews?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
        paradigmsearchposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The flash fiction, very much so. And I'm beginning to regret that I let B get their mitts on them.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
          DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

They probably do not want it anyway. All they really want to do is scan your cookies.

mmm cookies.

I installed chocolate chip on my computer. It smells great when it warms up.

Cookies even G'ma wouldn't delete.

There should be some computer geek out there developing this program. I know I would buy it--my computer rooms smells like wet dogs.

Luckily, you have dogs.

2. Solaras profile image96
              Solarasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL++

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Nobody scans my cookies until they have at least bought me dinner!

lol

2. fpherj48 profile image60
              fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

paradigm.....ROFLMAO....You literally crack me up.....

2. DrMark1961 profile image97

I make MANY times that each month on HP. The difference is that on HP I do not have to ask to be paid each month, and hope that the web site will find some BOGUS reason not to pay me.
      If HP says they are going to pay you $50, they are going to pay you. If Bubblews says $50, sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not.
      The difference is staggering.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ratings are irrelevant on HubPages.  The two sites work in completely different ways.

On Bubblews, you make money by being active.  If you stop being active on Bubblews, your earnings drop sharply.

On HubPages, your articles make money from external visitors coming via the search engines.  If you stop being active on HubPages, it makes no difference to your income - in fact if your Hubs are good, it will continue to grow.  That's because followers, comments and rates don't contribute to your earnings in any way - interacting with the community is just a way to support and motivate each other, not an income generator. 

A single article on Bubblews might earn $20 in the first week or two, but then it will earn next to nothing after that.  Whereas a single article on HubPages might earn 5 cents in its first month - but if it's good, it will earn 10c in its second month, 20c the next, 50c the next and so on and so on - until one day you look back and find it's made $400 in the past six years, as I did recently. 

As for transparency - HubPages says you can expect to earn between $2 and $5 per 1,000 views.  If you were here in the olden days, when there was no HP Earnings program and all our earnings came directly from our own affiliate accounts, you would know that figure is a fairly accurate reflection of what the site actually generates - which makes me wonder how much of a loss Bubblews is making!

1. Solaras profile image96

The balance their budget by just not paying large groups of writers.

4. cfin profile image66
      cfinposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion, Bubblews is a pile of click bait nonsense where the more you click, the more you earn. Hubpages is somewhere that you can potentially publish writing and it can make a profit over the years to come. With Bubblews "bubbles" there is no connection between quality and earnings. Instead, it is a popularity contest to see who can write "nice article" the most amount of times without reading a word.

1. lovebuglena profile image87
        lovebuglenaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

A lot of the things published on Bubblews are not that good but it's not meant to be a high quality content site. It's for people to share what's on their mind, what they are going through, not necessarily sharing informative things.

5. Ilona1 profile image59
      Ilona1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I tried Bubblews briefly and I hate it. I hate it so much I won't follow anyone who advertises their stuff on social media. I don't care how much it purportedly makes those who promote it, I found it to be foolish and impossible to use. I want to write something I can be proud of.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
        Mark Ewbieposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I shouldn't be messing about on here but...

I am as 'proud of Bubbles as any other post anywhere.  Why would I write garbage one place and try something different elsewhere?

Admittedly it's the same old mix of rants and schtick - but hey - that's my level.

2. Dale Hyde profile image80
        Dale Hydeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Being I am not set for life financially, I write stuff I am proud of and I write stuff to make money.  I don't hide who I am, however, wherever I write.  I use my name as it is here. smile   My earnings at Bubblews for the past 13 months has been a grand total of about $1,000.00.  What that has allowed me to do is buy an emergency generator to be used should a hurricane hit us or another disaster happen.  Without those earnings this purchase would not have been made.

Of course the earnings I have made on HubPages has allowed me to buy a lot of extra things as well.  In the past I was averaging payout every month well above the threshold.  Now it averages payout about every two months with all the recent changes and all, but I still prod along.

I like to pretend that I am set for life financially, and simply enjoy living my life frugally.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80

I reckon that is the way my wife looks at it, lol. smile  We do survive however, and that is the "main" thing.

Yes, the last 5 years have been tough.  And I suppose 5 years is long enough to make this the new reality.

6. lisln profile image77
      lislnposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have mad a lot more at Bubblews then I have at squidoo I can't say anything about here at Hubs because I just started but even so I still am making money faster at Bubblews without that much effort.

paradigmsearchposted 9 years ago

All I know is that B still hasn't paid me my June Redemption. Going on 40 days now. I've quit posting there until I'm paid.

Exactly my position! We must have redeemed on the same day.  Zero response to any of my inquiries.

2. lisln profile image77
      lislnposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have always gotten paid with no problem

3. Novembersky95 profile image84
    Novembersky95posted 9 years ago

I made almost $60 and haven't yet received HP payments...

Approx what date did the balance exceed the $50 threshold? Have you given HP a PayPal address?

1. Jean Bakula profile image90
        Jean Bakulaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I pushed the "redemption" button on Bubblews around 7/22 and haven't heard from them yet. I've read they don't send notifications anymore, that you just get paid in one month. I wrote there once in a while, but got disgusted with all the copied material and general garbage about how somebody, "Got up, ate breakfast, wanted to write ten Bubbles, but took a nap instead."

So if they do pay in one month, I should be notified or paid by 8/22. But now I don't trust them, and am beginning to feel that writing there with such poor quality work from some is embarrassing. I used to stop writing after I pushed redeem all the time, and got a notification that I'd be paid within about 3 or 4 days. So this time I wrote a few more Bubbles, but when days passed and I heard nothing, stopped writing. I haven't missed it either.

Hi Jean - They are pretending that their server update slowed payments, and that they are busy working to sort things out.  After all "Customer Service is a Priority for them."  BS

I have a redemption pending since June 30th - I have written multiple times and have gotten no response.  Maybe you will be paid. But really, they are crooks, looking for the exact moment to break and run with the maximum cash.  JMHO

Same here, June 30th. Still no word. Day 50 and I start working on a new website I am dedicating to them...

Hi paradigmsearch and Solaras,
              I thought it was fun there and kind of mindless for a few months, but I always got paid. It also could be a big time waster. So I made sure I wrote short posts, and this is the first time they didn't pay me. But the period I wrote until I redeemed was the longest, I did it slowly, and had a bad feeling about it. I don't expect to get anything, and believe I'll stop writing there. I can't stand the awful writing from people who copy English info out of context, and decided I'd rather come back here. I think all the stuff about "better customer service" is just BS too.

I might drop an fyi email to every large class action law firm in the country. It's beginning to look like Bubblews might be easy pickings for one of them.

Exactly - I dropped out for a few months since it consumed so much more energy than it paid for. Plus honest writers like Dr. Mark were being denied payment and explanation, so I knew non-payment was inevitable. Still it pisses me off.

Right-on to Paradigmsearch if you can find a class action firm to go after them, bully to you. They deserve that and more.  Of course only the attorneys will get paid, after all we are really only in this for the principle at this point lol.

They probably do deserve a class action suit after they cheated so many out of so much money. Even though they changed the format, it doesn't seem like it made them any more efficient. I'd rather write here and even though it takes time to get your hubs noticed, they get noticed for years. On Bubblews, they really only get attention in the pay period. I know you can go back in the archives, but doubt that many people do that.

Initially Google treated Bubblews with some respect.  Now it is viewed as a rabid dog in the street.  There is very little residual income outside of the random connection maniac looking to score a new "user."

3. Solaras profile image96

I went back to check PSs link to B's supports and there are now 259 comments, which are pathetic and heartbreaking.  Hoping for payment, wishing blessings on Bubblews staff. They all need the money...

The update they did must have significantly reduced revenue.  The captcha that forced us to watch a 60 second AmEx ad (twice) is gone.  Writers who are not getting paid are gone. 

As far as I can tell categories are gone, making it one big pot of any and all articles, reducing peoples ability to get reasonable views with any regularity - it seems that one post can garner 40 views the next 6.  It is very random at best.

It seems odd to put the development dollars into this site, and then deliberately destroy it at the same time.

2. lovebuglena profile image87

When I wrote Bubblews about my missing redemption via the contact us form I got a response that my inquiry was received and that was it. Yesterday I wrote them from my email to the email they provided and I got a response saying my info is forwarded to the financial dept for processing. I am not losing hope on getting my payment yet.

I get squat when I write to them.  You have some hope so keep at it.  I have given up.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You have written two Hubs over three years.  That probably has something to do with your slow earnings.

3. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Novembersky....you resemble a very young Katie Couric.  That's a compliment.

4. Valeant profile image86

Maybe next time start your own thread for chocolate chip cookies guys.

Sorry. There are 8 other replies. I hope you will be able to reply to some of them... I will make room for more.

Are chocolate chip cookie lovers banned from this conversation?

If you will read the hp faq section on chocolate chip cookies, ( http://hubpages.com/faq/chocolate chip cookies ) any discussion of that subject is not allowed by adsense and can get you banned from the forums.

How about chocolate chip cookie DOUGH lovers?  That is my secret passion.

As far as I know there is no FAQ concerning that subject. Relache probably knows, or you can send an email to team@hubpages.com
            (I have to get off this computer. I am getting hungry for chocolate chip cookies and my oven is not working.)

No oven working!! That is the exact moment to discover the the joys of cookie dough! Bon Appetit!

Sounds like a hub in the making:
                "What to eat when your oven breaks down"
                The grill on the back of my refrigirator recently rusted out and all the freon leaked out, so I was making up all kinds of dishes in order to use up everything before it spoiled.

5. Jcpuddles profile image59
    Jcpuddlesposted 9 years ago

Fyi: if you block them from scanning your cookies, they delete your account. My theory (or possibly a well known one, not sure) is that they then sell that information.

1. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good to know. I asked them a couple of weeks ago how to close my Bubblews account. They replied that they had received my email and that was the last I heard from them.
      Any clues on how to close the account would be appreciated. Meanwhile, I'm blocking the cookies.
      P

6. Jcpuddles profile image59
    Jcpuddlesposted 9 years ago

Talking about B ^

1. weezyschannel profile image87
      weezyschannelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So, I guess my question would be; I would like to know who trusts bubblews for those of us thinking of possible starting to write articles in there instead of hub pages; which I hate to do because I trust hub pages and I know I will get paid: WHEN I make payout -which is only every few months. I did get quite excited for a good six months when my earnings were at least $3-$4 a day now I'm lucky to make a buck and it's discouraging. And for those of you who think I'm just in it for the money, that's not the case. However; it is nice to feel like my work is worthwhile and there are plenty of us (and I would say most of us)  are doing it to earn a little passive income

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
        LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You won't get Google traffic!  Putting articles on there don't do any better than the short quips that most do.  Also remember you cannot use any affiliate links there so there goes sales.

7. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 9 years ago

At this point I just kind of assume there's a good chance "everyone" (maybe not absolutely "everyone") either is or may sell your information; and those who don't sell it find a way to steal it (or sort of steal it).  So, I don't know...    There's a point where someone else (in the position to do so) has to figure out what to do about that whole mess because these days a person doesn't have to write or socialize online in order to have pretty much have little or no privacy.

8. Valeant profile image86

Who are you talking about?

9. Valeant profile image86

Because if it's me, I have thirty published hubs.

10. Barack James profile image94
    Barack Jamesposted 9 years ago

May be you should all read the Hub of the day smile

11. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 9 years ago

To earn $75 on Bubblews you probably had to write maybe 100+ articles and socialize for 100+ hours.... So if you added together your articles and did say 20 articles on HP... maybe in this year you may earn more than $75.... and you would do it again next year... and the year after... and the year after...

Depends what you want - if you want quick cash then B is the answer if you don't break the rules... But as soon as you stop the money stops....

If you want a steady reliable income (give or take googles mood swings) then HP is the answer...

Imagine what would happen if you wrote one good hub every day instead of 10 bubbles - at the end of the year you would have 365 hubs each earning you maybe $1 each every month at a good guestimate....

B and HP are completely different animals so it is not worth comparing the two.

Damn your eyes Leanman - that is the best explanation of where I am going wrong.  I wanted quick dollars...

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1

3. Valeant profile image86
      Valeantposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Good response.

12. JoeYoung22 profile image86
    JoeYoung22posted 9 years ago

I've redeemed from B several times, and I currently have a $50 payment pending. Oddly, though, since I hit the redeem button last week, I haven't posted, nor have I viewed or liked anyone's posts, yet I have still made $5.32. This would seem to counter claims that when you become inactive, the cash stops coming in.

I'm not making anything like that on HP - yet - but I do like this site a lot, and things have started to improve in all ways.

Onward and upward, as they say.

1. ChristinS profile image39
      ChristinSposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, when I started earning steadily without posting they stopped paying me.  They paid me all the time until I took a hiatus for a few months.  When my bank was at $53 I hit redeem and I'm still waiting since the first of June.  My current bank is over 20 dollars in a month due to views on old articles I posted there being shared - and now they keep giving me the run around claiming they don't know why my payment didn't make it into my paypal account. 

It is rather sad, seeing as they did make some MUCH needed improvements.  However, there are some huge flaws over there that I can't continue to overlook, hoping I'll get paid so I stopped posting there all together.

2. lovebuglena profile image87

You can still earn on Bubblews without being active. Someone may search for something on Google and your Bubblews post may show up and they will go view it. Or they may search for something directly on Bubblews and your post may show up. Or someone may click on it from social networking sites if you shared it there. So when people say you have to be very active on Bubblews to earn that is not necessarily true.

True.  I just got redemption and have made $8 so far in a few days, but then it has stagnated.  I have not added any new posts for a good while, but still earn even though it is slower.

13. paradigmsearch profile image60

Well, sports fans. I just stumbled across this: http://www.bubblews.com/news/5509507-redemption-issues If you are a fellow victim, you might want to drop by. I've already sent mine. smile

Interesting, there are already 121 comments on this post, mostly from those with missing redemptions, some missing as many as 3. I would never have seen this if you had not posted it. Thanks

It makes me wonder how many more people have been gypped, and have stopped posting on the site.  I'll send them a 5th email, and give them one more opportunity to pay me.

Thanks. Here's hoping. I really would like for them to come through so I can start posting again. I've already got $40+ in the bank towards the next redemption. So basically I've got a C-Note on the line with them.

1. Valeant profile image86
          Valeantposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I never knew how to get in touch with admin over there.  Glad I posted.

Best wishes that it comes through for you. I too have gained another $25.00 without much effort, and will not post again unless I get that last redemption.

So far my inquiries have been met with a resounding silence.

14. ChristinS profile image39
    ChristinSposted 9 years ago

good to know paradigm, thanks

Thanks. It's what I do. big_smile big_smile big_smile

15. paradigmsearch profile image60

I really don't want to embark on a path of emotional poison. I'd rather they just pay me what they owe me. But if they don't, then the journey will begin. Oh, well...  At least the website will have ads on it. Maybe that's the new best way to make money, ratting out Bubblews and getting paid for it. big_smile

For your articles posted there that had merit, I would suggest taking that content elsewhere and replacing it with some nonsense (the articles are easily edited). They would never notice, it is buried in their archive, and you probably won't get paid again...Change your profile as well not to reflect on you while you are at it.

They took away our ability to edit articles. Next, they will probably take away our ability to delete.

Interesting, new hubs can be edited and old ones can only be deleted.  They are bags of vinegar and water!

Glad I gave them some crap before I left - hehe

I just remembered. Yep, you can edit for the first 24 hours of a new post.

16. paradigmsearch profile image60

An interesting note...

I just went to Bubblews. Class action lawsuit ads were all over the bubbles I looked at.

Now, I haven't visited any class action lawsuit websites.

The only thing I'd done was type "class action lawsuit" in this forum.

Thus, one must conclude that Bubblews is installing cookies on visitors' computers that record everything they type; including passwords I would imagine...

Anyone care to dispute this conclusion?

And there is the money maker - foul. I don't dispute it.  Dr.
      Mark had the same idea on another thread or this one earlier.

Oh yes - cookies mmm. Beth and Mark sweet!

Recording everything a person types on other websites (or in the person's own private, offline diary for that matter) and reporting it back to the site that installed the cookie is a whole, new realm... Only malware did that before.

That's creepy. I noticed that the categories were gone, and that led to people writing more idiotic posts about how bored they were, what they ate today, etc. I can't figure out why posts like that get 100 likes and about 25 or 50 comments, when I write a short paragraph about a topic, and am lucky to get 4 comments and maybe 25 likes.

Maybe college kids or others made a deal to just "like" and "comment" on anything. The comments have to be longer, but they are still as inane as they were. Also, people are still asking for others to follow them, against the TOS. I'm not going to write there anymore, it's not worth it. The changes they made didn't help us as writers.

I've decided instead of starting a new website; why not make nice, long posts on my existing website that Google already loves?

Here are my planned first two post topics:

1. Bubblews No Longer Pays Redemptions

2. Bubblews Installs Malware on Members' and Visitors' Computers

I may or may not put question marks after the titles.

As to the first one, I will include links to the thousands of other complaints.

As to the second one, I will include a step-by-step guide; so that readers can confirm or refute the allegation on their own.

I don't normally telegraph my future website posts. But in this case, the more the merrier. If anyone wants to do similar posts, you have my whole-hearted support to do so.

------

Update: I wish to heck they would just pay my redemption so I could just move on.

You may as well post on your own website to warn people away from Bubblews, as long as Google loves it and people will see. Google doesn't seem to like my blog, although I get a lot of visitors.

You can link to my scam alert hub regarding Bubblews! lol

I would have, but your hub is waaaaayyyyyy too benign. smile

I guess I'll start work on my 2 drafts soon. Somewhere around Day 50 is when I'll publish I guess.

Somewhere around Day 60 is when I probably start sending out fyi emails to every class action law firm I happen to discover. The originating plaintiffs do get a few thousand for their efforts btw.

Somewhere around Day 70 I'll start sporadically sending emails to relevant Federal and State agencies.

I will not let this bad karma situation consume my life. But I will continue to peck at this problem for years. I am very good at that sort of thing. I will persist until I'm paid what I am owed or the site goes defunct. But I will only peck at this problem when I'm bored or already in a bad or depressed mood anyway.

Sounds like you are a brilliant pecker! You have my full support.

My B article is constantly undergoing revisions.  I had to make some quick changes as the format had changed at the same time my position with them had changed. In fact I think it has had at least 15 revisions today LOL.

To properly revise it would require a lot of interaction on the new site, which is anathema. But I may have some more time with them to properly give them what they deserve.

1. profile image0
                    Grey Templesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This is why you are not getting paid due to all of the revisions/editing.  Each time you edit your post appears at the top of the page and will 'appear' as a new post thus getting hundreds of likes.  This is against the TOS.  Sucks to be you, thus you have no leg to stand on when it comes to not getting paid.  Bubblews is not like HP.

2. DrMark1961 profile image97

None of this complaining will do any good because you do realize you committed a TOS violation. (Thats what hubbers told me in the past.)
                  TOS violations include complaining about not being paid. If you send more than one email about your missing payment then they consider that spam, and will even send you an email to tell you to stop spamming them.

They just invited complaining with their weak excuse that their servers were not properly serving anyone's interests.

3. DrMark1961 profile image97

I would gladly loan you my article "Bubblews staff is racist" but they decided to delete it as soon as they noticed it.
              For some reason they decided not to delete my account. I guess they liked my cookies too much.

4. profile image0

Paradigmsearch Do you know what Absolute Malice is?  I have also seen you on Linkedin complaining to a friend about all the badmouthing of Bubblews going on in this particular forum and you were 'shocked' and were planning on telling HP about it - Seriously?.  Busted!  You can not be one way and then the other.  With your slander and the rest of ya'll's slander you might be finding your names listed in a class action suit.  I would be very careful if I were you.

In fact, I see many of you that are on this forum that also write for Bubblews.  You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for what? Stating our experiences? It isn't slander if it's the truth.  It also isn't breaking any laws to state personal opinions and experiences.

+++

2. profile image0

None of you have given Bubblews an honest to goodness chance.  It takes 6 months for any type of website or writing site including individual articles to be notice.  Yes, starting out on Bubblews is like a full time job you have to weed out the bad and connect with the good, like, connect and comment. 

There are many people here on HP that write on Bubblews and after 6 months have become very successful including myself.  Once this happens you can go to bed at night and earn $5 - $10.  You can then write your articles quicker and not have to spend so much time on the site.

Continuous editing will result in non payment.  Talking about law suits when not one of the complaints come with a valid back up is nothing but malicious and absolute malice.  Bubblews has saved many people by putting food on the table, clothes on their backs and roofs over heads. 

If you do not like something why not just shut up and go away and be done with it.  I see that one person on here who is the biggest mouth happens to have mentioned on Linkedin that 'someone' on HP has started a bashing forum about Bubblews - quite interesting if you ask me.  So, is this person just pretending to follow the so called 'In' crowd or is this person just trying to kid his so called 'friend'.

Who knew.

2. ChristinS profile image39

You know nothing about me or my experience there. I earned a few dollars per day residual over there for well over 6 months.  I took a hiatus for a few months where I racked up over 32 dollars in residual income. I posted a few new posts to get my bank up to the 50+ so I could cash out and then they decided not to pay me,  despite paying me numerous times previously.

I don't and never have done multiple edits, nor did I break any of their other "rules".  When I stopped posting daily, they stopped paying me despite the fact that my bank built back up. 

If you want to continue spending your time writing for a sub-par site more power to you.

I am a professional writer and have been for many years, so maybe you should  follow your own advice.  If you love it there good, I hope they continue paying you. Others are just as entitled to their opinions and experiences as you are.  Ironically, I used to defend them regularly too and then I grew wiser.

Why would making multiple edits not get you paid?  What kind of BS is that? It's not in any of their rules.  They just make crap up as they go. What kind of a site would penalize the writers for correcting typos or clarifying statements.

4. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Looks like you have awoken a gang here.  I don't really like gang attacks.  Just saying.

3. Jean Bakula profile image90

Hi Christin S.
                  So what you are saying is that you took a hiatus at a point before you redeemed, and that was the first time you didn't get paid? That's exactly the same thing that happened to me.

Hi weezyschannel,
                  If you want to make easy money, and not spend too much time, Bubblews may be OK for you. But it's not worth it to write actual articles there. That's hard work and too time consuming to post on a site where nobody except a few loyal followers are reading your stuff. Most of them don't speak fluent English, or write in it either.

Go over and read some of the Bubbles, so you see the intellectual level of some of the people you will find on that site, and you will see it may hurt you if you are looking for name recognition, if you are looking for that. Bubblews is a site where you write one paragraph, or 400 characters, which comes out to about that. It appears that as long as you don't take a long break in between posting Bubbles, like a month or so, you have a pretty good chance at getting paid. At least at first.

I did have a few Bubbles that got indexed well by Google, but that only lasts about two days. If you write a good article for Hubpages, and it gets attention, you can make money off it for years. It's always slow in the summer here, but it picks up.

You need to decide if you want to earn easy money/less time or wait to be able to get a monthly payout from HP, but continuing to do that while you are writing new Hubs. And I won't lie, it's harder to get paid here now than it was when I first came, I don't make a payout every month anymore. I just write because I like it, and if I get paid a bit for it, that's a bonus.

You can write on both, many of us do (or did). Write good hubs here following the rules, and write a paragraph here and there about anything that pops into your head on Bubblews. Do that 3 or 4 times a day, and you'll make the $50 payout in two weeks, without spending more than about an hour a day on it, or a few spare minutes if you get ideas and post throughout the day.

I haven't been near my Linkedin account in years. Me thinks you are the one that needs to look up "Absolute Malice".

He may have been referencing "Abs by Alice" a new work out video. Sometimes things get lost in translation.

LOL+

2. profile image0

you may not have been near your linkedin account but you sure do know someone who is on there and has mentioned your name today.

Tell me more. big_smile

I did a test post - it got 4 views and 1 like. lol

17. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

The Bubblews has failed to make a place in Google. It is their biggest drawback. The content at Bubblews is absurd and worthless. It is like a paid Facebook, for short time benefits.

18. paradigmsearch profile image60

Darned odd...

The internet is buried in reports and posts about Bubblews reneging on redemptions; they're even all over YouTube for heavens sake.

Yet, this famous site, http://www.ripoffreport.com/ , only has 3 entries about them?

And http://www.bbb.org/ , http://www.ftc.gov/ , http://fraud.org/ all have nothing?

Darned odd indeed.

I hope to heck I get paid my redemption so I don't have to go digging into all this...

19. paradigmsearch profile image60

How to Figure Out When Bubblews Will Stop Paying You

http://buildreps.hubpages.com/hub/Bubbl … Redemption

20. firstday profile image58
    firstdayposted 9 years ago

I went to the link paradigm search and read all that.  Interesting.  I am new to here and only read about bubbles on here.  Tell me if I am correct in assuming what you folks are saying is it is best not to deal with Bubblews.

As thousands of others have stated... It is basically a soul sucking, time sucking sinkhole. And aside from not being paid for your work, there are other detriments.

And while we're at it, I have published my first post about them on my website; the link is on my profile page if anyone is interested. What with the Hubber, buildreps, doing all the work for me; it was a quick and easy post.

21. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Is it OK to post links to my site, blog and HubPages on here lots of times in case anyone wants to read my story of how I haven't been ripped off by Bubblews?

Or shall I just post hundreds of times to get people to look at my site, blogs and HubPages?

Just wondered.

Did you read Buildreps hub? I'd really be curious to know your thoughts on it. smile

I don't usually follow links.

I read it and some of those points he made, I had considered myself.  What I don't understand is how their collecting that information if any different from Google, Facebook and the US Gov, collecting that same information.  Please explain it to me - it's an honest question.

I always figured they kept their cash flow under control with non-payment of funds owed.  They count on people not doing anything about it, since it is such a small sum.

I particularly liked this quote in Buildreps Hub:
        "'Bubblews.com is a movement, our community is tired of the fact that many corporate social networking sites profit off of users’ interests (private data) and do not compensate back. Bubblews.com is putting an end to that.' ~ Arvind Dixit.

Meaning: I use your private data, but I pay you for it."

Arvind's messianic style is something that has always bothered me as well.

Well, excepting for their TribalFusion cookies apparently including a keylogger, probably not much. The main firestorm of course is their breach of contract concerning apparent deliberate non-payments. Oh, well.

I'm pretty much following Jean's advice going forward. Other than sporadic resharing of Buildreps hub, I'm probably pretty much done with it.

Hi Mark: I am curious how your performance has been on that site since the update?

While it looks and functions much better; I don't see how I could make any money on it now.  I think if I had not been ignored on this last redemption, I probably would have quit spending time there with the low views I was getting on most of my posts.

My performance has been better but I have been spending more time on there. So it is honestly hard to really tell.  It is unfortunately perhaps, far and away the most I have made anywhere.

I hate to hear that - have you published an e-book with your best stories in it?

Ah no - maybe one day.

You should - I could be a runaway success, seriously.  Put your most popular hubs and bubbles with a similar theme together, you could eventually create a series.

You would just need to promote it, and your many fans here would be happy to help you to achieve financial freedom from the drudgery of B.

Marissa can tell you the ins and outs of it, best place to publish etc... You already have the artwork!

Thanks Solaras, appreciated.

2. Jean Bakula profile image90

Arvind always bugged me too. I'm done with Bubblews, even if I miraculously get paid this time, which I probably won't. It hurts too much to see the junk people post, and I still can't understand how they get so many comments and likes. Granted, the comments are stupid, but that apparently doesn't matter. I get comments that make absolutely no sense, so it's obvious the people have not even read the one paragraph I posted. That's really pathetic. I already read 50 books this year in my challenge against myself on Goodreads. I know, I need to get a life.....

22. clivewilliams profile image73
    clivewilliamsposted 9 years ago

i honestly dont know how bubbllews makes money..if you type "The Dog is black and then......................................................................................................... you actually get views and likes.....ridiculous.

They make the bulk of their money by selling your private information to anybody who is willing to pay for it. And I do mean all of your private information and I do mean anybody. sad

I am an ignoramus - I admit it.  How do you clear cookies to get rid of these prying eyes and keep them away for good, at bubblews at least.  And, does this mean I never log into the site again to maintain future privacy?

Depends on your browser. Does your browser have a "Tools" option on its main menu? Click that and peruse the resulting submenus for example..

Yep, just like any site, whenever you go there, a cookie is installed or data is extracted from the existing cookie. The only thing with Bubblews is that apparent included keylogger in the cookie. I'm surprised there isn't a freaking internet firestorm about that... If my first website post about Bubblews continues to show profit potential, I'll do a second post that informs about this.

23. weezyschannel profile image87
    weezyschannelposted 9 years ago

I have been reading a lot of post about bubblews. Is it hard to write articles on there? I've heard a lot of people having trouble getting actually paid from there though too; is that true?  I hate to be a traitor  if I move over to that website because I've been with HubPages for so long but I am struggling here

1. lovebuglena profile image87

It is easy to write articles on Bubblews. They are more posts than articles though as you don't need to write something informative with high content. You can write about how your day went, your experiences, what's on your mind, etc. and you only need 400 characters to do it. Getting paid is a yes and no. Some get paid, and some don't according to what I hear. I am still waiting on my latest redemption. First time it's taking over a month to get paid. Other times I've always gotten paid and without waiting that long.

2. Jean Bakula profile image90

Hi weezyschannel,
      Read a bunch of the Bubbles on the site and see if you want to associate yourself with a place that accepts such a low level of writing. If you are trying to get name recognition, Bubblews is definitely not the place for you. It's mostly either college kids from the Philippines or India, who really need the money, or a crowd of Hubbers are there too, who just write a literate paragraph here and there to make easy money. But that only works if they pay you.

If you decide to write there, you may get paid, I did for about four months or so. But this last time I didn't, and the recent changes made it so what I wrote got less views and comments. It used to take a week to write enough Bubbles to get the $25.00 payout and maybe two weeks when they raised it to $50.00, just writing for an hour here or there to get enough Bubbles. But when they revamped the site, it seemed the traffic got a lot less, the writing more downhill, and the views and comments a lot harder to get. So it's a big time waster.

When you write on HP, you may not see any money for about a year. But once your hubs are discovered, you continuously get paid as long as someone is reading certain hubs. You make money on about 20% of your most popular ones. So you do have to wait. But once you build up a good body of hubs, you can make a monthly payout. Right now I just began writing here again, and get paid every two months, but think I can fix that if I write another 10 hubs. Most of mine were written about 3 years ago, when I first came here and was writing like crazy. Then I began my own blog, and it took up a year of my time to build up content. You don't make much when you are the only writer though, so if you want to make money, you would do better on a group site like this. Wizzley is popular, and I did write on Infobarrel for a bit, but haven't been there in a long time. It seemed that 2 really good writers were doing most of the writing there, and it doesn't get much attention. I hope that helps.

Writing on Bubblews will earn you $1.00 to $1.50 per hour. Knock yourself out!

24. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

Go for violation.

1. PegCole17 profile image93
      PegCole17posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks SANJAY,
      That's really not my style.

25. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 9 years ago

I write stuff on Bubblews when I am having a break from work. If I didn't write it there, I would stick it on my Facebook status for no money. If I think I am saying anything worthwhile, I link to it on my FB status. So far, I have been paid. It is money for old rope. If I am not paid, it won't really make any difference as it it done in my downtimes anyway.

I felt the same way until I did not get paid.  Then I found it really burned me up.  It is insulting to see lies like, "Customer Service Is a Priority To Us." and get no response to 4 emails and 2 posts on  their ridiculous support posts.

I should add something to that. I felt I was writing on my down time, but I really don't have any downtime to spare. I was procrastinating from getting to something of real substance, and that is where it is a soul-sucking time drain.

On Facebook, I share with people of like interest; on B I share with people who could care less what I have written, they are just looking for a "like fix" and on to the next article.  It's embarrassing really, to think you put anything of value in front of those swine.  Shame on me...

Solaras,
        Don't beat yourself up. A lot of us tried Bubblews, it's filled with people from HP and Wizzley, and a lot of them are happy there, or at least were before the changes. I couldn't even figure out how to find the people I knew, I'm not a techy person, and by then I was fed up with that site.

I also felt like it was good when I was writing and making $25.00 pretty fast. But my writing style is more in a teaching vein and I am a bit longwinded, so found my Bubbles were getting longer and longer. Then by the time I found a picture, I'd realize I wasted an hour on a Bubble. It's not worth that much time. And as I've said, from the comments you get, you realize few people except our friends and followers from our other sites are actually reading the Bubbles anyway.

I know what you are saying - and their search feature was so miserable, I could never find the people I wanted to visit.  I'd just get a big server error.

When I post on FB the likes I get are from people who genuinely liked what I posted, or just like me and want to support me.  On B ugh, I would get totally inappropriate comments to the post.  It made me feel uncomfortable.

2. profile image0

There are many people here on HP that write on Bubblews and if they were not happy why are they there?  It seems that some are not giving this site enough time.  If you write regarding your payment you will get your payment.  It takes 30 days now for payment, in fact sometimes less than 30 days.  There are only 10 employees and personally they are doing a fantastic job. 

<link snipped>

Some of you just may want to read the Hub I wrote about Bubblews.  No, it is not to get 'views' it is to show you what Bubblews is all about.  I have been there for over a year and have never had a problem with a payment.
          Hey, with only 10 employees and hundreds of thousands of writers these people are busy.  If you are missing a payment write to Bubblews a couple of times, don't start screaming Class Action because you will Loose.

Hi Grey Temples

I started writing on Bubblews in July 2013.  I received all of my payments until the redemption on June 30th.  That is 46 days ago.  I have written them 4 times, sent screen shots, posted on their support posts.  I have heard nothing from them. I am not the first.  This is how they do business.  You get paid, and then one day nothing. 

I am not writing there anymore.

I am in the same boat currently.  Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot before redeeming as I had never had a problem before. I am at 50 some days now.  ridiculous.

26. velzipmur profile image80
    velzipmurposted 9 years ago

Bubblews has been helpful to people that in need of money. I figure why post it on FB for free when you can make a bit on Bubblews?

27. bettyshares profile image60
    bettysharesposted 9 years ago

How does bubblews work? Can we add amazon and videos to it?

No, you can't put affiliate links of any kind in there or you risk non-payment. promotional links are against their TOS.  If you're interested in it go look at their site, but also look at the numerous complaints of people who they stop paying without any legitimate reason or notifications and then decide if it is really worth your time.

1. bettyshares profile image60
        bettysharesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. I guess I will stick with Hubpages.

28. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

I just read something amusing on B's support page.  Everyone must delete all of their spam comments or their account will be deleted.

Talk about a time drain, and more savings for Bubblews. Delete those comments and watch your bank account decline.

29. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I have been at Bubblews since it started.  I have not lost any payments. I have not been on their for months and totally shocked when I saw what they have done with the site. The new one stinks in my opinion.  As to closing the account, I guess we can say good luck in trying.  I did find this though: Here is what you do if you wish to delete your Bubblews account:
    Visit BubblewsSupport2's profile page and find BubblewsSupport2 G-Mail Address. Write that member of Bubblews a polite e-mail including your name, your Bubblews profile link, your user name and the reason for your message, which is to ask kindly to have your Bubblews account deleted.

Again good luck because they are not good at replying to emails.   

There is one remedy and that is to delete all of our posts.     I did read that if you send an email requesting closing of your account, they keep it open til it hits close to redemption, they then close it and you lose the earnings. 

Another way maybe is to write a bunch of negative posts about Bubblews which they don't like at all.  So they will either delete your posts or close your account.

One thing I do remember finding awhile back is that they manage find articles on other sites where members complain, and they either don't pay them or they shut their accounts down.

The things I post on FB, I want on FB for the most part.  If I put it on Bubblews, I may as well spend a bit of time to create a decent article and post it on HP, etc.

I only have a few posts on Bubblews that I would use elsewhere, like my own site. So, I will let what i have sit, wait til earnings hits payout and cash in.  Maybe it will be once a year, who knows. At this point, with all of the changes they made to the site, not being able to go back and edit, etc, the site isn't worth my time anymore.

There are writers on there that I enjoyed following or I did the like thing for writers from HP and elsewhere that I am familiar with, but since they got rid of notifications list, I can't do that now.

Bye Bye Bubblews.  You can have what I don't want, and pay me for it once in awhile.

1. Dale Hyde profile image80

"There are writers on there that I enjoyed following or I did the like thing for writers from HP and elsewhere that I am familiar with, but since they got rid of notifications list, I can't do that now. "

They still do have the notification list.  It is up there in the upper right corner that looks like a "bell."

30. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Thanks Dale.  I hate this new site though.

31. velzipmur profile image80
    velzipmurposted 9 years ago

I have redeemed 4 times on the new site. So far so good as far as I'm concerned. I love Hubpages and Bubblews.

32. paradigmsearch profile image60

Uh, just so everyone knows, Bubblews is based in Costa Rica so as to avoid all US fraud and other laws? http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/bubblews.com The final nail for me. Knowing for a fact that I won't ever see my money gets rid of the stress actually. I feel a nap coming on...  I'm outta here. big_smile

33. misslong123 profile image84
    misslong123posted 9 years ago

I write for both and get paid on both. I get paid a lot more money on bubblews than I ever have on hubpages, but I've been more consistent too. I write my 10 bubbles almost daily and easily build up a couple hundred dollars in a month that I move to PayPal where I have easy access to. I've had no problems with the site. I prefer to write my quality articles on hubpages so it typically takes me over a week after I've done research, drafts, and created my own pictures. I take pride over money in my hubpages so I don't mind that it's slower. Bubbles takes care of my passive income while hubpages takes care of my passion for writing. smile Michele Kelsey. I would recommend trying bubblews if you have not and reading the rules and what the most popular bubblews writers say about the site. What do you have to lose? It only takes me about 30 min a day for a rather large payout - at least in my opinion. Good luck to all. Both are great sites!

34. paradigmsearch profile image60

30 minutes a day? Hundreds of dollars a month? Yeah, right. This hub talks about Bubblews shills if anyone is interested, http://buildreps.hubpages.com/hub/Bubbl … Redemption .

And this one talks about half of the "bubblers" not being paid, http://buildreps.hubpages.com/hub/Bubbl … lly-a-scam . Including me.

I was a fan of Bubblews in the beginning.  I spent hours on there and did not earn hundreds a month. I might earn the minimum when it first began, maybe once a month, but usually every 2 months.  Even though I have never had an issue with being paid, I stopped posting on there, and really have no desire to do so now with all of the changes they have made to the site.

LindaSmith1,
        I can't understand why everyone there is raving about how great the new changes on the site are. It took me long to find the people I was connected with. And it definitely takes longer to get views and likes now. It's just not worth it. If newcomers want to try to write simple, short blurbs on Bubblews and serious articles on HP, that may work for them. But I still can't see how Bubblews can continue to pay as many people as they do pay now.

35. LindaSmith1 profile image60

There are less ads and that is where their income was supposedly coming from. I blocked their cookies so now I can't get the notifications list. They have trashed the site with this new layout.  I don't spend time  on their anymore. You can't close your account so I will let what i have sit and wait til it hits payount.  If I can redeem a few times a year okay, if not, okay too!  It is more time consuming than it ever was.

True, if we let what we wrote sit, eventually we will hit a payout (if they pay it). Before I realized I wasn't going to get paid this time, I had about $12.00 in the "Bank."

36. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I was done when the redemption threshold was raised to $50.

37. Kathleen Odenthal profile image89
    Kathleen Odenthalposted 9 years ago

You know the phrase those who can, do, and those who cant teach? well bubblews is the teacher in this scenario. congratulations.

I'm happy your experiences with Bubblews are good, I wrote there for about 4 months and always got paid. I even did at least three times after the payment threshold went up to $50.00. But when they arbitrarily decide to not pay you, it's very hard to get the money.

I wish you continued good luck there. It's harder to get a payout now, and nobody reads your posts anyway, which you may notice if you read the comments people make that have nothing to say that relates to the subject matter. Do it as long as they pay you, then stop.

I just wanted to update everyone, since I posted a lot on this thread about not getting paid by Bubblews for the first time after writing there for about 4-6 months. I thought my redemption got "lost in the shuffle" when the site made changes.

I pushed the redemption button on 7/22 and people told me you don't get a notification anymore. But I wrote to support to let them know I cashed out after I didn't hear anything in about two weeks. Then a few days ago I wrote them again. Today I had a promise of a  payment in my Paypal account, one month and four days later. So I know Paypal doesn't really trust Bubblews either, and that it will take more than a week to clear. But they did come through.

So I felt it only fair to tell everyone that I do have notice I will be paid my $50.00 when it clears from Paypal. But I still feel like it's long to wait for getting paid to write little blurbs, and don't think I want to go back. The site is too inconsistent for me, and I don't want to write things that I know people aren't even reading.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)