Allergy Symptoms and Control
This hub contains allergy facts, symptoms, control and precaution.
Some allergy facts: Seasonal allergies is prevalent during the spring and summer months in which children may experience hay fever. Children and adults are affected by allergies. Allergies tends to run in families meaning, it is hereditary. A child with both allergic parents will tend to develop allergies by 75 to 80% chance, additionally, a child with only one parent allergic the chance of developing an allergy is in the vicinity of 40%. Children mostly likely to develop seasonal allergies when they are 5 or 6 years-old. Before this however, the most prevalent sign of allergy in children is asthma, which is usually experienced in between the ages of one (1) to three (3) years of age.
Ailments such as asthma, hay fever and eczema are caused by allergies. They all can be triggered when a body reacts to the so called "allergens" like pollen, house dust, animal fur, and foods such as shellfish, chicken meat, eggs. chocolates and the likes. Eating and breathing some of these even in very small amount may cause body to protect itself by generating series of substances called "antibodies" which is built to combat allergens and antigens.
The fight between the antibodies and allergens may pave the way for the release of histamine and other chemicals from the cells, which in effect produces the allergic symptoms. Antihistamines are used by doctors to keep symptoms generated by allergies at bay.
Allergens that causes allergy symptoms.
Environment - Allergic responses such as runny and itchy eyes,
headache, rashes and irritation of the skin, coughs and sneezing,
difficulty in breathing, hay fever and eczema may be triggered by
allergens like grass, pollen, dust mites, animal fur and hair,
feathers, some types pf plants, and chemical and industrial plants.
Diet - Milk, cheese, eggs, nuts, fish, and shellfish, wheat and flour, chocolate and artificial colourings may trigger allergic symptoms. In some young b may babies may experience flatulence or "wind" , constipation and diarrhoea. Some children can be affected by food additives like Benzoate and Tartrazine, that may lead to hyperactivity and behavior problems.
Other Factors that may lead to reaction of the body to allergens icludes: soaps, perfumes, ink of printers, insect bites, nickel in jewelry, antibiotics, and cosmetics.
About 20 per cent of the population believe themselves to have a food allergy and only about five per cent actually do. - John Warner
I used to wake up at 4 A.M. and start sneezing, sometimes for five hours. I tried to find out what sort of allergy I had but finally came to the conclusion that it must be an allergy to consciousness. - James Thurber
The American public is not aware that there might be potential allergenic and toxic reactions. With regular food, at least people know which foods they have an allergy to. Jeremy Rifkin
Quotes from BrainQuotes.com
- Trace any patterns in your kid's allergic symptoms, like when your child sneeze every time when doing some housework is an indication that your child are allergic with house dust or when your kid suddenly exhibits symptoms of allergy when he ate eggs then.
- Breastfeed a new baby for the first six months if possible to bolster the immune system of your baby and to avoid allergens from cow's milk.
- Stress, anxiety, and tension may raise the frequency and harshness of allergic reactions. Stay relax, well-rested and do necessary things that will help you eased out any stress, anxiety and tension.
- Eating nutritious foods, having ample of rest and sleep, will certainly improve general health including persistence to allergies.
- Purchase fresh and unprocessed foods. Refrain from foods that are laden with additives as much as possible.
- Wash and rinse your hands thoroughly when using biological detergents You may use rubber gloves to avoid contact with allergens that can be brought by household cleaners or chemicals.
- Use vacuum cleaners to eliminate dust mites, piling up animal hairs. Use of vacuum cleaner a every day is advisable.
- If the culprit for an allergic symptoms are pollens from your garden, it is about time to shift for non-flowering plants, especially when hay fever triggered by these allergens is bothersome.
- If all endeavors don't get the results you want, bear in mind that allergens are usually innocuous. As long as you can control your reaction to allergens, breathing and eating in even tiny amounts of these will cause no harm.
My first Christmas Hub in the HubChallenge...
a contribution to the HubMob Weekly Topic...
and my baptism of fire with Keywords and Adsense Word Tool... :D
Healthy Foods, Drinks and Supplements