- Personal Health Information & Self-Help»
- Healthy Alcohol Consumption
Alcohol Treatments / Hangover Remedies and Tips
Please find time to read this hub to help you prevent from being drunk and to help you prevent hangover.
Ways to avoid being drunk - Here are some tips of withstanding the venom of booze and beer, and to secure a peaceful drinking session with buddies. Read more click the link: http://hubpages.com/hub/Ways-to-Overcome-the-Stings-of-Booze-and-Beer
This hub contains ways to cure a hangover and provide some hangover relief too.
Eating and drinking are always present in celebrating various occasions such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and etc. After festivities however what happens next. The hangover causes can be attributed to excessive drinking and mixing different types of drinks. After heavy drinking hangover symptoms are bound to occur such as nausea, vomiting, cold sweats, fatigue, dizziness, headaches and feeling of being weak. Nausea and Vomiting is inevitable as your body becomes weak and what you'll probably do is to sleep all day long to suppress any feeling of discomfort and worst, even ordeals. Hangover effects may range from mild to severe. The severe ones are punishing as headaches looms like a jackhammer piercing though your head and brains, and you vomit in several occasions as if you are blowing out any food you had consumed along with your intestines and stomach, hahaha. But there are ways to cruise over hangover's impending harsh impact on your body. (Hangover relief is also provided below).
Instant Hangover ReliefsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Here is a related hub by Kenny Wordsmith find time to read his wonderful article:
If you have a million piledrivers splitting your head, have just enough energy to prise your eyelids open, and want a quick solution, skip the first part of my hub, with my apologies. After you are better, and resolve not to have a hangover again, return to this point in my hub to find out how.
Here are some practical hangover tips that could help you get along well.
- Eat fruits, vegetables and drink fruit juice - A study done in the 1970's revealed that drinking fruit juice and/or eating fruits will help you overcome hangover along with it symptoms, for these have fructose which is essential in getting rid of the alcohol in your body.
- Potassium which is rich in fruits and vegetables can also help you replenish your body's lost fluids and replace electrolytes your body constantly needs.
- Eat food rich in carbohydrates - Food rich in carbohydrates like rice, corn, toast and crackers may help you ward off nausea and low blood sugar. Drinking a lot of water with little food could lead to fatigue, headaches and cold sweats
- More fluid intake please - Drinking will surely make you urinate often and vomit which may lead you to lose a lot of water in your body. You can however, recover all of the lost fluids by drinking water or sports drinks, like that of Gatorade's which has electrolytes. You will have some relief doing this. Drinking them very cold will also help curb headaches and at the same gives you smoothing feeling even for a short while.
- Have some soup - The salt and potasssium in soup (bouillon-based) may help you recover lost electrolytes and could help you eased out dehydration symptoms, like headaches and the feeling of being dizzy and weak. Noodle soup, chicken soup, and the likes may help.
- Rest - After doing some or all of the tips above you may return to your bed to sleep and rest, this will help you recharge further.
My fourth Hub in the HubChallenge!
Healthy Foods, Drinks and Supplements