What has been the hardest bad habit you have had to break or you are attempting to break?

There are so many bad habits and it takes a long time to break a bad habit. What has been the hardest bad habit in your life to break so far? I have heard the hardest thing ever is to quit smoking. Thankfully, I never started smoking, so I don't know about how hard it is to quit smoking. However, I do struggle with a good many bad habits. Thank you for answering

bravewarrior profile image94

Best Answer Shauna L Bowling (bravewarrior) says

Awesome lady, Sha! That is phenomenal and thank you for sharing. That is certainly the key, to make new friends who do not use or else it is too much of a temptation no doubt. I praise God for you, lovely Sha. You're the best!

Bob Bamberg profile image93

Bob Bamberg says

Hi Bob, Congrats on the quitting smoking! That is no doubt a hard one. I do bite my nails at times too without even realizing it. Yes, the food one is an ongoing issue for me too, especially after a long day's work. I don't say diet, but healthy...

Hello M.T. Dremer, Oh, I know ...if it is there, I will eat it! I just can't buy it or I will eat it all. Here in the US, we have become a fast-food country it seems. So glad you are mindful to read the ingredients. Yes, contains that and who knows!

Kathleen Cochran profile image83

Kathleen Cochran says

Hi Kathleen, a habit is a habit and so hard to just stop for sure. It takes so long to form a habit and even longer to break one. I forget how long to form one. I really had to be mindful when my daughter was born, and now I have grands too.

Get Thin for Good profile image84

Claire Carradice (Get Thin for Good) says

Hello Get Thin for Good, Congrats on quitting smoking! Yes, addiction to food is truly like being an alcoholic or drug addict, but it is just food. It is also a terrible addiction, and I think all of us have trouble with it at times no doubt.

Sparklea profile image76

Sparklea says

Hi Sparklea, I understand completely, believe me! My writing stuff piles up fast, as I am always finding something that gives me inspiration to write on, then I add it to the pile of inspiration. LOL That book sounds great. Clutter does distract.

Hi Dear Manatita, Oh, I understand for sure ... That is a good question or even make a good hub of struggles and how to be an overcomer. Peace

schoolgirlforreal profile image74

schoolgirlforreal says

Hi schoolgirlforreal, Yes, it must be terribly addictive for it to be so hard to break. I can so relate to the snack craving before bed or after a hard day's work, especially high carbs to comfort. Blessings

Laura Schneider profile image93

Laura Schneider says

Hi Laura, Oh, dear ... I have been there too. Once it goes past a certain point, you just have to devote as much time as it takes and do it all at once, and then keep on top of it daily. Best wishes!

Hi ChristinS, It is so great you were able to quit before getting pregnant! That is a great reason. I do procrastinate, but turns out I work better in crunch time.

Serminediteur profile image61

Seisha (Serminediteur) says

Hi Serminediteur, well, at least you are aware that you do this ... I was so very shy when younger, but I made myself get over it and now I greet everyone and with a smile. So glad you are willing to change for it is an important one in this life.

honghanhvt1182 profile image94

Hanh Vu (honghanhvt1182) says

Hi honghanhvt1182, Oh, that is a difficult one no doubt and could cause other issues in life, obviously. However, I tend to work better and produce my best work and creatively too, under pressure and at the last minute it seems.

Hi peachpurple, yes, that can cause a lot more problems in life when rushing into simply without thinking it through. Hard habit to break though, feeling impulsive to go ahead and act on something.

gmwilliams profile image82

Grace Marguerite Williams (gmwilliams) says

Hello gmwilliams, Amazon has the great deals no doubt, plus we have the prime and get free shipping and within two days it arrives at my door. I have not been a mall shopping in more than a decade and now I try not to buy anything unless I need it.

highprofile profile image78

highprofile says

Hello highprofile, That is so fantasic! Yes, that peer pressure is tough no doubt. You were probably just a social drinker. That is cool about making an impression on others and not drinking. Good for you! Yes, we all want to belong no doubt.

Lady Guinevere profile image62

Debra Allen (Lady Guinevere) says

Hi Lady, Woo, I know, I love them both too. My husband is addicted to Blue Bell Banana Pudding Ice Cream. I can buy one and it is gone the next day before I have even had any! Soda are loaded with sugar, yes, BAD. Sugar is actually toxic.

SilentMagenta profile image77

SilentMagenta says

Hello SilentMagenta, oh dear, I believe in forgiving and as God tells us in His Word, that we should forgive 70 X 70 if necessary. I don't think of forgiveness as a bad habit. I am sorry about your friendships.

Z3US says

Doing one's best is always best and that is something you do not want to stop for sure. Hope you write some hubs soon.

AshimaTan says

Hello AshimaTan, that is a big one there no doubt. I used to struggle with being a people pleaser but then I realized I just had to set up boundaries and say NO! Enough was enough. People will take advantage of you otherwise.

Salome Valdez says

Hello Salome Valdez, Yes, social media can be addictive. I am not too much into Facebook, but just for close family and friends. I work in the city full-time with an hour commute, so not much time left for FB. Good for you! Yes, FB is certainly NOT.

SAQIB6608 profile image47

SAQIB (SAQIB6608) says

Hello SAQIB ..., Woo, me too, but alas, I must arise at 5:00 a.m. for my hour commute into the city during the week each day. So, on the weekend, I treat myself and sleep in just a bit. A good compromise.

MrDanielAbram profile image61

Daniel Abram (MrDanielAbram) says

Hello MrDanielAbram, Oh, yes, many have that bad habit. When I see someone doing it, it makes me cringe for it sounds like it hurts. But it must not.

Irek Janek profile image60

Irek Janek says

Hello Irek Janek, I have heard it is the hardest bad habit to quit, but possible. I do hope you are able to quit for good one day. Blessings

Pennyforyourthots says

Hello Pennyforyourthots, yes, for sure that is certainly a big one for me too. Oh, I believe it is an addiction. Good for you losing 20 pounds! You must not be giving in too often. Blessings