A sun drenched beach or a snow topped log cabin?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (66 posts)
  1. Anna Haven profile image70
    Anna Havenposted 11 years ago

A sun drenched beach or a snow topped log cabin?

What appeals to you the most a beautiful sandy beach with palm trees and a cocktail bar or a snow covered landscape with a log cabin, roaring fire and hot chocolate with marshmallows? What do you think your choice says about you as a person?

2. TCaro profile image77
    TCaroposted 11 years ago

It says how much leisure time I have. If I have a lot of work to do, being locked in that cabin can help me catch up on things. If I am on the beach, I have some free time on my schedule!

Anna Havenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou for answering TCaro. Here's hoping that you get plenty  of beach days in your future schedule smile

3. Simba73 profile image68
    Simba73posted 11 years ago

I love the beach choice !!
    I think it says I enjoy not having to worry about warth and the trails and labour of the great outdoors whilst still cherishing being in nature, forget the cocktail bars etc but empty warm beaches and seas does it for me everytime, I would not say no to a log cabin trip aslo !!! lol
    But I would sooner be in a log cabin with people I loved than be in paridise island alone !!
    Simba

Nice answer smile I would like the log cabin as it would give me and mine the chance to be  outdoors and then in our cosy cabin altogether. It would be so good to escape work, school, etc.... and just all have quality time together smile

4. Lorie Hill profile image61
    Lorie Hillposted 11 years ago

I would have to say sun drenched beach although I do like both.  I am a warm weather person typically but I doenjoy a good cold day as well

Thankyou for answering Lorie Hill smile

5. Cristale profile image75
    Cristaleposted 11 years ago

Great question. I like both actually and my choice says that I am an indecisive person.

But with good taste! Thankyou Cristale for answering.

6. Cyndi10 profile image86
    Cyndi10posted 11 years ago

Both conjure up really nice images, with the snow sparkling and brilliant white and the ocean waves creeping in with tide. But when it comes to reality, give me the beach. I don't like bundling up and I don't like being cold, as I am right now. And that fire is a lot of work.
    So get me to the beach where the ocean and gulls lull me and I'm squinting because  the sun is reflecting off water, not snow. I do realize one of them says I would more likely be madly writing and working just to stay warm. The other says I would prefer to be busy reading and I don't mean research material. Ultimately, wherever I end up, the writing has to get done.

Thankyou for answering Cyndi10, you answer is so descriptive I could  picture the beach smile

7. SidKemp profile image72
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

Boy, it's a hard choice. I experienced both beaches and mountain cabins in childhood, and deep snow later. Now, I live less than 2 miles from the beach, and I love it. But I miss mountains!

I think it says more about me as an animal, than as a person. I love the feeling of swimming in the ocean. I love being part of the vastness. And I love feeling the solidity of deep rock beneath my feet, and the total presence of being in a body that faces the chill and stays strong.

I think that we are all very connected to life, and are living animals in this planet. And I think if we got outside and faced it more, we would be a lot healthier and much more connected to nature. We would need less heating, cooling, and stuff for distraction. And, loving the natural world, we'd take care of it. (See my hubs on Go Green for more about the mind connecting to nature and our care for our planet, if you like.)

Thanks for asking - great question - and a reminder to spend even more time outdoors!

Thankyou for the insightful answer SidKemp, There is a lot of truth in your words.

2. SidKemp profile image72
      SidKempposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The log cabin needs a hot tub!

3. Anna Haven profile image70

smile

8. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 11 years ago

Right now I'd have to choose that sun drenched sandy beach, with a Martini - shaken, not stirred!  Why?  Because where I am right now, I've frankly had enough snow up to my ying yangs and am beginning to get cabin fever.  So in other words...I deserve a real break today!

Thankyou for reading and answering. I hope your weather improves soon! I love snow but it is rain we get a lot here.

9. Silverspeeder profile image59
    Silverspeederposted 11 years ago

I live in England

Damp for 12 months of the year

Give me the beach any day

10. velzipmur profile image80
    velzipmurposted 11 years ago

Well I am not a beach person but I do prefer the sun to snow. So I would have to say I would go with the sun drenched, sandy beach. It says to me that I don't like the cold weather!!!

Beach it is then smile Thankyou for answering velzipmur.

11. cebutouristspot profile image71
    cebutouristspotposted 11 years ago

depends on who I am with hahahah but if I am alone I prefer beautiful sandy beach with palm trees and a cocktail bar

12. joanwz profile image80
    joanwzposted 11 years ago

Living in Houston, we are so close to the Texas Gulf Coast, that we have the sun drenched beaches within reach. So I make use of that as much as I can, minus the cocktail bar. Not much of a drinker. Howeve, I have had visions of the lone log cabin in the woods with the hot chocolate and roaring fire. It sounds so-o-o appealing. It's so hot down here most of the year, it would be nice to have a cold place to go once in a while.

Thankyou for taking the time to answer my question. I am with you, the log cabin would be my choice too.

13. profile image0
    anndangoposted 11 years ago

A log cabin with the fire and hot chocolate, hands down! I guess it says I'm not afraid of the cold? I picture the log cabin nestled in the mountains and my cross-country skis are leaning against the outside of it, and a stack of books inside.

I am with you on the mountains and skis. Thankyou anndango smile

14. profile image0
    KittHillposted 11 years ago

Beach all the way. I'll look at pictures of snow. I hate cold, that is all I think it says about me.

Pictures it is. Thankyou for taking the time to read and answer KittHill

15. days leaper profile image60
    days leaperposted 11 years ago

Hmm.  Both are warm inside,  Question is does the snow have bears?  And do other foriegn tourists leave their towels out at night to claim all the seats!

Oh day leaper, I liked this answer smile Potential pitfuls in both options then...

16. Author Cheryl profile image80
    Author Cherylposted 11 years ago

A sandy beach any day.  I love living in Florida and I love any tropical islands.  It's something about the sun that makes me happy.

It does bring a good feeling. Thankyou Author Cheryl.

17. MKayo profile image65
    MKayoposted 11 years ago

If the snow-topped log cabin comes with surrounding 14,000 foot peaks - then the cabin it is.

And why not indeed..........: ) Thankyou for answering MKayo.

18. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 11 years ago

A sun drenched beach in Florida for me. Orlando( Cocoa Beach) or Daytona for me.

Thankyou for taking the time to read and answer lesliebyars smile

19. Lori Cotten profile image59
    Lori Cottenposted 11 years ago

In my case, it all depends on my frame of mind. I enjoy both, and believe that there is a time and a place to experience each scenario. I live in Minnesota because I was born here. I love the woods, and the thought of a snow covered cabin with a cozy fire and hot chocolate is so inviting...BUT... it's March and the winter has worn out it's welcome... I'd do almost anything to be walking on the shores of the Atlantic with the sun on my shoulders...margarita in hand!

20. Silver Fish profile image69
    Silver Fishposted 11 years ago

Beach every time. I live in Scotland where summer temperatures struggle to get above 18 degrees. I have too much cold in my life and yearn warm weather.

Hi Silver Fish, I hail from Scotland too, so I know what you mean about being drookit a lot of the time smile Thankyou for taking the time to answer.

21. Words By William profile image59
    Words By Williamposted 11 years ago

Both, equally. I think what it says about me is that I don't wish to limit my options. Have a great day.

Quite right Words by William. Thankyou for answering. May your day be happy too smile

22. Sonya-Artis profile image60
    Sonya-Artisposted 11 years ago

A sandy beach with palm trees.  I grew up in Colorado, and have lived in Missouri for the past ten years.  I want sunshine!

Thankyou for reading and answering Sonya-Artis, sunshine it is smile

23. Georgie Lowery profile image86
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

If I can't be barefoot, I'm miserable so I will take the beach, please!

Sand in toes, sun on back, does sound appealing. Thankyou for answering Georgie Lowery.

24. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

A snow topped log cabin for me anytime. Just the peace and tranquility of getting away from it all with a good book sounds incredible.

Sounds relaxing, thankyou for answering JThomp42.

25. mbwalz profile image86
    mbwalzposted 11 years ago

When I was younger, I would have chosen the log cabin, etc. But now, the cold bothers me and so I prefer the warmer climate. Of course I get more of the former than the last since I live in Maine!

Sounds nice! Thankyou for reading and answering mbwalz.

26. smw1962 profile image80
    smw1962posted 11 years ago

I am definately a log cabin type of girl.  I love the thought of a log cabin with a cozy fire.  I guess I'm somewhat laid back and reserved.  I enjoy the thought of peaceful, contemplative time.

I think thats true, I like the seclusion of the cabin and the fact that  it is your own little space in a vast snowy wilderness. Thankyou for answering smw1962.

27. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 11 years ago

Snow topped log cabin, any day.  Where I live,we never seen snow.  The idea of spending time in that environment is very appealing.

Oh Joanne, you never get snow! On a plus I bet you don't get frequent rain like we do either! Thankyou for reading and answering smile

28. ChristinS profile image36
    ChristinSposted 11 years ago

The beach definitely.  I love the serenity of the water and the warm air.  I don't like feeling "closed in" so winter weather doesn't appeal to me.  I think my love of summer and the ocean/beach indicates I am a free spirit with a sense of adventure, but a need for serenity in my life.

Great answer, a free spirit on an adventure. Thankyou Christin S.

29. MarleneB profile image93
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I'm a Californian, so I can go to the beach any time. The most memorable trips are the ones spent snowed in at a cabin in the woods. Not only does it look beautiful - the snow and the fire burning in the fireplace, it smells so clean and fresh.

Thankyou for answering MarleneB and for evoking the smells as well within your answer. Sounds appealing.

30. blairtracy profile image90
    blairtracyposted 11 years ago

Beach for sure. I get enough cold and snow around here. I also love the warmth, humidity and the ocean.

A lot of people seem to live in snowy areas. Thankyou for answering blairtracy.

31. HendrikDB profile image71
    HendrikDBposted 11 years ago

The choice is quite easy - when it is winter and cold and misery, then I go to where the sun always shines with beautiful sandy beach with palm trees and a cocktail in hand; when it is summer and heatwave after heatwave strikes, then I go to where it is cold with a snow covered landscape with a log cabin, roaring fire and hot chocolate with marshmallows!

I think you have is sussed! Thankyou for answering HendrikDB.

32. dreamsdocometrue profile image60
    dreamsdocometrueposted 11 years ago

beautiful sandy beach with palm tree but no cocktail bar:)

Alchol free beach it is smile Thankyou dreamsdocometrue.

33. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 11 years ago

Beach all the way.  I prefer the warmer climes to the colder ones and although the log cabin can be picturesque, all that digging out and piling on loads of layers is not so appealing.  Perhaps this speaks to my rather idle nature, where I prefer to relax and enjoy solo with a good book or social beach days.

Sounds a pleasing afternoon! Thankyou for answering LIzam1

34. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7764203_f260.jpg

Both are highly appealing to me. There is a season for both. Although I would indeed prefer the cocktail over hot chocolate. Thus, I must conclude that perhaps I am an indecisive alcohol dependent...

Your answer made me laugh! Thankyou:)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)