A Tribute to Cris A. and his works...

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (66 posts)
  1. TamCor profile image77
    TamCorposted 12 years ago

I think most of you know by now that HubPages has lost another wonderful hubber, Cris A.

Awhile back, on Facebook, Cris used his photoshop skills to enhance pics of many of us who knew him--it was an honor when he chose a pic of my husband Tom Cornett (another hubber) and I...our very first pic together, in 1988.

He loved that pic, and just had to work with it...he was so happy when he saw how thrilled we were with his work. This was his comment: 

I'm so in love with this pic that I wish I was your neighbor back in the day! I'm imagining groovy bonfires! Haha And to my mind this rivals the Yoko-John nude photo for Rollingstone in the 70s! Yeah! Glad you like this big_smile

I thought it would be really nice if we all posted a favorite pic or one of his poems, or other works, just to honor him in a way that he truly deserved, but never asked for.

Here is ours:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6044516_f248.jpg

Would you share yours?  Thanks!

2. Ardie profile image79
    Ardieposted 12 years ago

I met Cris 3 years ago when I first started writing at HubPages and he was a wonderful friend right from the beginning.  He was the most giving and caring person I'd ever known.  Even though I never met him I thought more of him that I did/do many people in my real life.  Angels weep with joy for gaining him the day we wept in sorrow for losing him. 

From his Be Inspired page https://www.facebook.com/cris.advincula … 9938512843

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6044605_f248.jpg

I chose this picture because Cris would want us to talk about the happy things

3. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 12 years ago

He made this wallpaper for me based on his being the kind of person who pays attention to people. He remembered from some remark here or there over the years that I thought Keira Knightley was hot, and he knew I liked fantasy and magic and supernatural type stuff... so, just out of the blue, he made this, simply because he could. A literal random act of kindness. And friendship. (Plus he had mad skillz with photoshop.)

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6044624_f520.jpg

4. thesingernurse profile image74
    thesingernurseposted 12 years ago

He seems to be a nice guy. This is very sad having lost a fellow Filipino hubber. What happened to him? sad I pray for his family and loved ones' strength during this very trying time...

5. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 12 years ago

I remember when I joined the Hubs around 22 months ago. Him and I had something in common. We both wrote poetry from our souls. He often moved me with his pieces and I feel I did for him, although he would never say I did, in his comments I felt his heart. I followed his scribes and left many comments as he did on mine. He had a huge following and was loved by so many here at the Hubs. Sure many have left the Hubs and even Cris took some time off for himself.

He was a fantastic graphic artist and his website calmed my nerves when I went to visit, read and listen to his art. His words were carefully crafted like the true artist he was and I am still in shock to hear of his sudden passing.

Cris A. may you RIP my fellow scribe and wherever your soul is taken may you be as creative in that place as you were here on earth. This is a particular moving piece he just recently published, I read and my soul reached out in my comment to him. Good bye my beloved friend, I will miss you.

http://cris-a.hubpages.com/hub/iambereft

6. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 12 years ago

Cris was one of the 'old school' at Hubpages. I remember publishing my first poem and cherishing his comments. He honored me in one of his creative Publisher moments and helped when I needed art work. He loved to give and he received in giving. A beautiful man, this is our loss.

Cris cared about people and I'm glad I was one of those people he cared about.  Travel high friend.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I read that one, it was wonderful!

7. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

One of my favorite hubs was http://cris-a.hubpages.com/hub/love-me-love-me-love-me
    I remember when he wrote it. He was quite a go-getter on HP. We had many moments on the forums until HP grew. He went off to write his poems or whatever inspired him. He had a gift with words and a heart that flowed like a river.

When someone upset him he would vent, brush it off and move on. He will be missed. I cannot believe we have lost another long time hubber in such a short period of time. He meant so much to many and he to is gone way to soon. My condolences to his family and friends.

8. sheenarobins profile image59
    sheenarobinsposted 12 years ago

THIS IS THE TIME HIS FACE POPPED UP IN MY QUIET TIME: I believe my Daddy God wants me to pray for you... I was sensing something in the spirit this morning so I am obeying: Daddy, I lift up Cris to you. I speak life in every area of his life that has touched death and I command the spirit of death to depart in the name of Jesus. I ask that you bring him closer in the cloak of your intimacy, to know you is eternal life and joy unspeakable even in this lifetime. I pray that you come to him as He calls your name Jesus and reveal to him the wonders of your supremacy. Daddy, give him a new heart, a heart that is able to grasp the meaning of total wellness in the spirit. I ask for healing, You're name Jehovah Rapha is above all this sickness for to have you is healing in itself. I pray for the manifestations of this healing in his body to come upon him. Teach him to walk with you and to love you with all of his heart as you reveal to him how much you long for him and has loved him since he was a little child, loving him perfectly 100% and that this love is not subject to the things he does of does not do. Show him your love Daddy! In Jesus name. Amen.

23 September 2011Cris Advincula
    Sheila

Thank you very much my sweet sweet friend. True I was feeling a little down due to my health conditions, but your prayer has lifted me up once again and strengthened my hope. I haven't stopped praying and I will never stop. Ask, believe, receive.

Patiently waiting for His miracle,
    Cris

He photoshopped me:
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6045113_f248.jpg

9. G-Ma Johnson profile image59
    G-Ma Johnsonposted 12 years ago

CRIS...this is what came to mind...

WHAT IS A FRIEND                           by Raymond Beran

What is a friend ? I will tell you. It is a person with whom you dare to be yourself. Your soul can be naked with him. He seems to ask of you to put on nothing, only to be what you are.  He does not want you to be better or worse.when you are with him, you feel as a prisoner feels who has been declared innocent. You do not have to be on your guard. You can say what you think, so long as it is genuinely you. He understands those contradictions in your nature that lead others to misjudge you. With him you breathe freely. You can avow your little vanities and envies and hates and vicious sparks, your meannesses and absurdities and, in opening them up to him, they are lost, dissolved on the white oceans of his loyalty. He understands. You do not have to be careful. You can abuse him, neglect him, tolerate him. Best of all you can keep still with him. It makes no matter. He likes you---He is like fire that purges to the bone. He understands. You can weep with him, laugh with him, pray with him. Through it all---and underneath---he sees,knows and loves you. a friend? what is a friend? Just one, I repeat, with whom you dare to be yourself !

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6045147_f248.jpg

10. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 12 years ago

My friend became an angel today. His blog shows a tall, dark figure sheltered in a Renaissance-style apparatus of mechanical wings - such a perfect image of him, really. It will remain there forever now and remind me how he used to engineer angel wings for us to uplift our spirits through his artwork and poetry. He was a genius whose talent lay in touching human souls making us feel loved and not alone in our struggles.

He showed us the redemptive power of art. He showed us the grandeur of nature and beauty in the smallest of things. His life's work will stay with us forever and will continue being a source of hope and encouragement. Rest in peace Cris A. You encouraged me to try my hand in peotry, so this one is for you.

Worlds miniscule, unending you made
    Of new thought and shadow of foreknowledge
    Trapped in jewels that grin or frown

As houses of their inner fire burn

You withered and are no more
    But the lights are preserved imperishable
    Like stars in this dark place shine

Of their own radiance, they glow

We remember your face in them
    Still and hard and old by death
    Or light and merry, a gentle smile

And so too remembers the world

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6045276_f248.jpg

If I go away by Cris A.

11. profile image0
    Feline Prophetposted 12 years ago

It seemed like everything he touched was magical...will miss him.

12. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 12 years ago

I am planning to go to his wake. I wish I could bring all these tributes along with me. I'm thinking of copying and pasting them on Word and then printing them in PDF so that I can bring the hard copy with me. Any ideas please?

1. Jewels profile image83
      Jewelsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That would be wonderful emievil.  It means a part of us would be there too.

1. VioletSun profile image77
        VioletSunposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Emievil that would wonderful if you can do this.

13. Jerilee Wei profile image69
    Jerilee Weiposted 12 years ago

Cris will so greatly missed and carried in many hearts. I so wanted to meet him the next time I was headed his way.  It is so very hard to wrap my mind around the fact that this sweet and very talented person is no longer with us.  His poetry made my heart soar at times and the kind tributes he did for many of us were not only unexpected but something those of us who were so honored by his efforts will treasure forever.

14. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

Cris also took a photo of mine and made it so much greater than it was. We talked about collaborating on a music video of a piano solo of mine combined with his artistic talents. He had so many projects and friends, as we know. The one I hoped that he would work on first is called "Believe." It seemed the right piece for him.

Here is that piano solo in tribute to our friend, Cris.

http://soundcloud.com/danieltunes/believe

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh my gosh, Daniel... That was sooooo beautiful.  I'm so sorry for all who were close to Cris.  I feel sad I didn't get to know him better, he was obviously a very special person.  Thanks for sharing that lovely tribute.

2. emievil profile image67
      emievilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful tribute Daniel. Had to compose myself for a while there as the tears were threatening to flow again while I was listening to the video.

3. profile image0
      Feline Prophetposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Daniel...this is beautiful!

4. AEvans profile image73

Beautiful! I to am a pianist and that was delightful to listen too. What a tribute.

1. Jlbowden profile image86
        Jlbowdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello AE:

thank you for sharing this link that contains such a beautiful and relaxing tune. I'm sure Chris is listening up above, to this as well and thanking all of the friends that are remembering a talented artist, through thoughtful words and music. What a great bunch of people and friends he must have known.

Jim

1. AEvans profile image73

Hello,

It was beautiful. Sadly it is the second one we have lost on HP. When you are here for so long, you tend to make so many friends. Knowing who you are the same would apply to you. Cris A. was such a joy just and his poetry was wonderful. I miss him as much as Earnest there will always be an emptiness in my heart for them.

5. G-Ma Johnson profile image59
      G-Ma Johnsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rats it wouldn't play for me???yikes( G-Ma

15. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 12 years ago

Just heard a little while ago. You've touched so many lives, Cris and it's hard to believe you've gone. Wherever you are, I know you'll weave your special brand of magic. RIP my dear hubber friend!

16. Tom Rubenoff profile image89
    Tom Rubenoffposted 12 years ago

Thanks for this, Daniel.  We will all miss him very much.  Here's the picture he did for me. 
    http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6046078_f248.jpg

17. Amanda Severn profile image94
    Amanda Severnposted 12 years ago

Our birthdays were one day apart, and we exchanged birthday wishes just over a week ago. I had no idea that it would be for the last time. He was an extraordinary person with an extraordinary talent. He will not easily be forgotten. Rest in peace Cris.

18. NightFlower profile image61
    NightFlowerposted 12 years ago

I read his poetry for the first time ever yesterday and I wish I had known him because his extraordinary words were a testament to how talented and kind he must have been. He blew me away and I'm so sorry for his loss. My condolences.

19. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 12 years ago

I still can't quite come to grips he's gone.  I sat crying when I heard the news, hard to believe it was for someone I'd never physically met, but he touched me all the same.

TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what Tom and I were saying, Cindy, how much we cared about him, although we'd never even met him in person...

Thanks everyone, for sharing on here...

1. Candie V profile image62
        Candie Vposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cindy - I'm reeling, too!

Tammy - Thank you for this forum - may it live as a place we can visit anytime we need a 'Cris-fix'!

20. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 12 years ago

I'm still trying to process this information.
    I didn't know Cris was ill; he breathed so much life into everything he did here on Hubpages and elsewhere that it's been difficult to accept.
    Cris Advincula showed us all versions of ourselves that are somehow better than we might actually be. He did not do this to flatter us. He saw some kind of stunning beauty in each person he interacted with that he made it a joy for us to see ourselves reflected in his work.
    He was also a brilliant poet, and I am not bandying compliments just because we've lost him. His poetry conjured the same captivating visual awareness of his path through life, and for me the poem that IS Cris is "I am Walking"; that's how I'll remember Cris, as the author of that piece.
    I'm very grateful for the opportunity to have known him here on Hubpages.
    Thank you, Cris.

21. manlypoetryman profile image76
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Though...it doesn't have to be said...It is extremely incredible how much he meant to so many hubbers here. He has left a huge impression...literally...here on Hubpages. I hope his work will always be highlighted here on HP!

Thank you, Cris A...for your excellent imagery through words and through your artistic pictures!

(Cris A and Earnest have shown me that just giving out some of the best parts of oneself...can always be remembered...even to people who have not really ever physically met you.)

22. VioletSun profile image77
    VioletSunposted 12 years ago

Cris made everyone feel accepted, encouraged different forms of expression. I remember inviting him to another "test" Facebook page where I just write inspirational stuff, but told him it could be a little "new age" at times, reason why I didn't invite everyone and wanted a separate page from my regular account. He gladly joined and supported me by liking whatever I contributed.

This photo is a favorite one of my s/o's because he touched on the part of me that is reconnecting to nature. He created the background. How did Cris know? I don't remember mentioning this in Hubpages. Being a city girl now living in a semi-rural town, I have discovered how beautiful and empowering nature is.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6049125_f248.jpg

23. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 12 years ago

Simply beautifully blended with nature. Cris had a wonderful soul and spirit.

24. Candie V profile image62
    Candie Vposted 12 years ago

I wanted to thank Cris for his unfailing friendship, for his help with my 'other self' here.. and the poetry he helped me write.  When it was 'off' he'd send me an email laughing at me!  I was never sure if I wanted to open it.. but even in the laughter he was gracious.. and I took his advice and ran with it. 

He was one of my first friends here - with Tom Cornett.  I'll never forget the Hubber Family Reunion hub Tom did - Cris and I had so much fun with it!

I was honored to be his friend.. and I wanted to share a little bit of my heart here today.  I can't get over his absence here.. his 'LYM' comments to Tom. 

Thank you Cris for my picture.  You lit up this place like the 4th of July!

LYM!
    Candie

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6049278_f248.jpg

25. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I'm sure many of us are rereading, or maybe reading Cris's amazing work for the first time. I've gone back and read many of his older hubs and also found this old hubber interview. It's wonderful to read. He mentioned that he thought his best hub (at that time, a couple of years ago) was his poem, I Am Walking. If you haven't read it yet, it's breathtaking. Here is the interview link, http://hubpages.com/about/interview/Cris+A  I wonder if he had unpublished it(I Am Walking) at one time and republished it, as the comments begin 8 days ago.

1. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is such an honor to follow this tribute, and I just want all of you to know that I am following every link, and I am absolutely blown away with the stunning work Cris A published here right up to the last hours of his life. Thank you so much for the love and respect you have all shared. It is so reassuring that an artist's work is acknowleged and respected. And I agree, from what I've read in the past 24 hours that Cris was a true artist, and a beautiful human being. I also believe that his spirit lives on fire bright in his work, in how it touched so many. Nothing can extinguish that ever. He lives on. Regards, snakeslane

26. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

I am stunned by this loss to the world.
    We only talked in a forum a few days ago. sad

So much talent smoothly displayed with such natural ease; Cris cut his own poetic, artistic and deeply creative cloth, from within a genre of a genuine heart that like his works, will be I'm sure, revered throughout time.

Your energy is found within every stanza that you shared with strangers and friends Cris.. Immortality has greeted you Sir and we are proud to have known why!
    Enjoy the Light...

PD.

27. tony0724 profile image60
    tony0724posted 12 years ago

Cris I am missing you Brother. Our constant interaction over the cable modem made my life richer.

28. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

Such beautiful music and images! Such an outpouring of love and respect for a dear and talented hubber, and friend to so many.
    Chris' earthly voice will live on in his poems and photos, and in the hearts of his friends, and those he touched everywhere.

29. TamCor profile image77

My husband Tom(Cornett) sat down last night and wrote and recorded this song for Cris:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcl8UlKpS1I

It includes many of Cris' pictures that he created, too.  I may be a bit biased, but I think that Tom did a beautiful job on this, and wanted to share it with everyone, since I knew that he wouldn't do it himself... smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's beautiful. Great job Tom. It brought tears to my eyes and I barely knew Cris.

TamCorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks so much, UW--I'll make sure that Tom sees this when he gets home.  It was an emotionally trying song for him, as he thought the world of Cris, like so many others here do...

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is wonderful, Tam. Please give Tom my thanks for his beautiful tribute. We begin to only see the tip of the iceberg of Cris's amazing talent with the images Tom used, the poetry and images he gave us here.

It's no use feeling angry or cheated that there won't be more from him, only that what he gave us was enough for now.

Thanks again for posting the link.

3. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, how beautiful this is!  Thanks, Tam for sharing this and Tom for the beautiful tribute.

4. snakeslane profile image80
      snakeslaneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a beautiful song and 'pictures' TamCor and Tom. Again, thank you for sharing.

5. G-Ma Johnson profile image59

tears flow everyday and this didn't help...Thank you it was so beautiful coming from yet another great man Tom...YOU I am talking about.  I loved this and the song was very touching, right to my soul...God Bless you... Hugs : O ) G-Ma

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you ~ it's so beautiful. I've put it in my favorites so I can keep it close.

These tributes are very heartfelt. xo

7. Candie V profile image62

I'm with GMa..  I have a text on my phone from him about the pictures.. I can't bring myself to delete it..

8. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
      I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What a beautiful song and imagery! Such a lovely tribute to Cris that Tom Created! Many thanks to you both, Tammy. I love him dearly and it is so painful to know that he is gone for now, though there is some comfort in knowing that his true essence is always alive and near us in beautiful spirit. Ironically, on Cris' birthday this year we moved to a place where I overlook a river all day whilst working and am reminded of him and his poem "river."

It's now on his site, dipttyched.

http://diptyched.blogspot.com/2010/07/b … an-by.html

Cris and I were meant to make him a website for all of his works and a place where he could have to promote his images for book covers and other graphic designs for clients. He was so humble and it look a while of for him to feel right placing himself in a position to create his graphic works for a price. I had the feeling he may have thought that something may be taken away from his works since he (as we all know) has always created so much for us freely with his heart... and never asked for anything in return. He seemed to love giving of himself, his well thought and researched projections of what he felt each of us evoked with our writing. I am so honored that he made an image for me and with what he created, I know he truly could "read" us and see deeper into us through what we shared here and then his brilliance in transforming such into imagery is profound.

It may be due to having been in the little poets cliche here with Cris, but I can honestly say that I have never delved so deeply into my soul to express what there lay. Many of us poets seemed to spiral into a magical connection of inspiration and feeding from the emotive works of Cris, I was completely reduced to a "puddle of love." I've never experienced such a love with such intensity and fervor... I will always cherish those memories...

another lovely poem from Cris is, "if i go away"

http://diptyched.blogspot.com/2010/07/if-i-go-away.html

and one I will always hold dear is, "my calla lily" ( his favourite flower)

http://diptyched.blogspot.com/2010/07/m … -lily.html

Somehow I know Cris is always here, and I know, I will see him again...

It may not have rained from the sky on the day he passed, yet it was pouring in many hearts and souls around the world...

Carpe Diem, Cris

Love always...

30. tlpoague profile image81
    tlpoagueposted 12 years ago

I never did get to know Cris, but seen his work often. He had a wonderful talent. He has left his mark here that will be missed. It is sad to see the passing of another hubber family member, but his love and admiration will continue to flow through his family and friends. The tributes here are amazing. Thank you everyone for sharing them with those of us that didn't know him that well. RIP Cris and know that you were loved by everyone here.

31. G-Ma Johnson profile image59
    G-Ma Johnsonposted 12 years ago

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6052423_f248.jpg

Cris even saw the gentle side of this old G-Ma...I have been with him from the day he joined...My tears just won't go away...I know he is safe now from pain,and for that I am happy, but he had so much to give, or did give I guess is what I mean.  Thank God he posted everywhere, there are so many places to go to now and find him...

I haven't stopped thinking of him since I heard the news, just hours after he passed...Life gets shorter and shorter...Rest In Peace Cris and one day (God willing) I shall meet you...Bye Baby...Lurve You...: O ) Hugs G-Ma

1. ripplemaker profile image78
      ripplemakerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

G-Ma...this is such a beautiful photo of you....thank you for sharing this.  smile

2. Candie V profile image62

Love this picture of you!  Love you! Coffee!!!!

3. Candie V profile image62

GMa, this is the 'you' that I know and adore!  Beautiful picture, beautiful lady - inside and out!

32. Vinaya Ghimire profile image78
    Vinaya Ghimireposted 12 years ago

I feel sad that I was not following or reading Cris. Before I came to this forum, I read some of his poems and I must tell what a wonderful poet he was.
    May his soul rest in peace.

33. MummyDearest profile image46
    MummyDearestposted 12 years ago

I never got the opportunity to meet Cris and it is my loss. I can feel all the love from fellow hubbers here and I can tell that he must have been such a remarkable and well loved person.

Chris, Even with you gone and I never knew you, you managed to make me shed a tear for you. May you Rest In Peace.

34. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago
  35. Anna Marie Bowman profile image73
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 12 years ago

I started crying and had to take a minute before I could even think about responding to this news.  I still can't type this out very well.  I am stunned.  Cris was such a wonderful person!!  He always managed to make me smile with every comment, every post, every beautiful word and picture.  I feel as if I have lost a good friend, but he is someone I have never even met.  It seems so strange.  I am so sad to hear this.  I think I might spend a little time tonight in reflection...looking back at some of his work, and just remember him.

36. TamCor profile image77

The following was posted on cindyvine's thread about Cris, and I wanted to add it to this tribute...It was written by a friend of his, who also is a member of HP.  Her name is buddygallagher.

fast facts on Cris:

We all know about his brilliance and we love him for it, here are a few personal facts, ramblings actually, that I feel I should share with you all about our good friend...

- He is a Capricorn born on Jan 6, 1971

- He was content manager for an abstracting program in an American-owned data-conversion company in Manila from the early 90s (fresh out of college) to around 2009, I worked under him from 1999 to 2007 as an
    abstractor/indexer - this is when we became really good friends

- He is an excellent billards player and owns his own tako (billiard stick)

- He has a degree in Humanities from the University of the Philippines with a specialization in art appreciation

- Needless to say, he loved old hollywood and international films (see his FB page World Cinema)

- Last music he wanted to have and got as a gift is REM's "Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage 1982-2011"

- He loved tennis and followed all the grandslam religiously

- He is insomniac and never tried to get a cure, that is why he can accomplish so much in so little a time. He does have a regular job but a stay-at-home one and is pretty well off

- He was successfully managing his diabetes since July 2011, taking his insulin shots on time, keeping to a  healthy diet, quitting smoking, switching to decaf in Starbucks, he even rekindled ties with old friends and even built bridges with a few enemies probably to remove all forms of stressors

- He is very funny, his humor is a class on its own, one of our friends described it well when she said she laughed harder when she's with Cris

- While he's been very active online these last few months, he was on a hiatus from going out with his friends here at home. We would text him for dinner or coffee and he would always beg off but it was not the first time he "went into hiding so to speak," so we left him alone and figured that like before he would work it out and start going out with us again (I could just kick myself...)

- In one of his reply to our friend's post in late Dec asking him when he'd finally show up, he responded: "soon"

- His diabetes scared him so much but he was determined to keep in under control and live a long life, I always championed this campaign of his, knowing a little about the disease as my mom also died of diabetes complications

- I was at his wake last night and he looked peaceful in a white suit

- From his sisters we learned that his last online post was a little after 9am and he died at 10am from cardiac arrest, they did not try to delve too deep into what brought on the attack but our doctor friend suggested his blood sugar levels could have gone down sharply to cause the event

- Unfortunately his sister was still asleep in her room when Cris passed and there was no one around to attend to him immediately, he was gone when the ambulance came

- While I thought I knew him well enough, the waves he made in hubpages and in other blog sites leaves me quite in awe of him, he got me into blogging but I just could not keep it up but he was tenacious and kept on keeping on

- He loved having a lot of online friends that gave him feedback on his works and he is equally happy supporting his hubber friends with his insightful comments

- The news of his death reached me a little after lunch last Tuesday, Jan 17. I was asleep when I got the call but I felt cold all over when our friend broke the news to me, then I bawled like a baby because we were just trading posts the day before

(These are links of pics with Cris in them, but for some reason the actual pics aren't showing up):

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6057787_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6057789_f248.jpg

1. Candie V profile image62

This is amazing.. and a gift!  To know our dear friend just a little deeper, appreciate his life/heart/art just a little richer. 

To quote a song by the Eagles "There's a hole in the world.."  *sigh*

1. G-Ma Johnson profile image59

Yes Candi but a bright wonderful new STAR...watch and you will see him shine...

37. ripplemaker profile image78
    ripplemakerposted 12 years ago

I was stunned to hear the news. Our latest email exchange was when he asked me if is there a record of sort for the most number of comments on a hub? He had thought that I was a Hubpages staff and we had a laugh about that. 

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6058002_f248.jpg

This was the first photo he dedicated to me.  His words "A rose blooms in the ruins... When you read ripplemaker's hubs, you would start to believe that, yes, there's hope yet. And that good still exists."

These words uplifted my spirits when at one point I was feeling down in the dumps.  He is truly an angel in our midst weaving his special brand of magic by sharing his love and light with his art and poetry...seeing each one of us beyond the masks we wear...touching our hearts in little and big ways.

Cris,you will truly be missed.  But I know you are right now walking on rainbow colored paths where angels tread and sing and dance...much love and light to you dear friend.

38. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I thought of you tonight Cris, I saw your beautiful star against the twilight blue.

a song for Cris and for those who love and respect him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9b3_1Cc … embedded#!

39. Joy56 profile image68
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

It is far too difficult to put into words how i feel.  It is unbelievable to think that there could be a better man ........  He is a genius in every way.  Lately i noticed he was very active on facebook, and i was happy to be talking to him regularly again.

How can one person be so kind, loving, talented, and not here any  more.... It is impossible to have lost him.  He taught me how to put pictures up on here.  He encouraged my work, he made me feel like a poet.  He recently photo shopped a picture for me, and made me look pretty.   

I feel i have lost everything that i found, when i discovered hub pages.  I love your work Cris, I need your work........ May it always remain.  You will always remain in my heart.  There truly has never been any one like you, nor will there be again.   In Loving Memory
       Thankyou for everything  Brenda Scully xxxxxxxxxxxx  goodnight......

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)