Trump said at the first debate that it is good business not to pay taxes, do you

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (126 posts)
  1. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

Trump said at the first debate that it is good business not to pay taxes, do you agree with him?

At the same time he is talking about the Military shrinking. Maybe he doesn’t know that taxes pay for the Military.  Taxes also pay our infrastructure, schools, police…etc.

2. wba108@yahoo.com profile image78
    wba108@yahoo.composted 7 years ago

Why pay more than you have to? Trump as far as I know is promoting lower taxes and smaller government so his position is consistent with his actions.

Liberal billionaires who promote raising taxes but yet keep their own money in foreign countries to avoid US taxes (ie Google and scores of others) are the true hypocrites in this case.

1. Dean Traylor profile image94
      Dean Traylorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's not a liberal or conservative issue. If he's not paying then other are footing the bill.

2. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Exactly. The right loves to go on and on about the 47% who they say live off everyone else.Well theres a 1% who lives off everyone else too. And they have more money than half the world. Poor not paying are bums. Rich not paying are smart? 2americas.

3. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump wants the people who are middle class to pay it all and the rich to pay nothing.

4. Mr Bueno profile image77
      Mr Buenoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But Trump has 32 offshore accounts listed in The Panama Papers.  He is keeping a lot of money offshore to avoid taxes.  That's one of the reasons he doesn't pay tax.  He is a tax avoider, plain and simple.

5. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Mr. Bueno, thank you for your in-put, I do appreciate you.
      Dean, you are right, someone pays.
      Leslie, thank you again for your comment.

6. Ewent profile image69
      Ewentposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You will notice the greedy protect their own. "Oh, but an increase in the minimum wage will put us out of business." Really? Even when there has been NO increase for 20 years and your prices went through the roof?

7. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

wba108, this is not about liberals vs republicans, this is about words that trump said at the 1st debate with Clinton. Want to talk about keeping money in foreign countries, look at your mr. trump in that regard also. 13

3. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 7 years ago

The avoidance of tax by large corporations is one,of the most despised issues in Australia at the moment that our Government has been forced to introduce policies to try and stop it. If Trump was running for the leadership here and had said that it would have been his death knell.

Thank you John, it should be that way here.  Someone who plans to be President should be ashamed that he expects people who barely make a living to pay taxes he should be paying.

2. lovemychris profile image77
      lovemychrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Apparently, there are 3 professions which can escape taxation: real estate, pharmaceutical and personal finance, or whatever it is mitt romney does. Panama papers shows trump has 32 offshore accounts to park his money. Usa is just a big cash cow!

3. claptona profile image65
      claptonaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump's wise to get his money out of the U.S.
      Most intelligent businessman are doing the same thing.
      To keep it in the U.S. with hillary as a possible prez - well, get it out while you can........

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Thanks Leslie, you're right.
      mr. wilson, trump is not a wise man, much less a wise businessman. he is a flim-flam man, a cheat, greedy, unpatriotic & unfit to be President of this great country.

5. Glenis Rix profile image95
      Glenis Rixposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Same goes for UK.

6. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Thank you Leslie and Glenis for your continued comments, I do appreciate you.

Thank you Leslie for your comment.

Thank you Glenis for your comment

4. Dean Traylor profile image94
    Dean Traylorposted 7 years ago

No. And if he complains about the country's infrastructure such as the roads and bridges he uses, he should shut his pie hole and not complain.

You are right Dean, thank you for your answer.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
    bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years ago

Maybe it would be better if you put his quotes, so that there is a context.
    The US has not increased, or even maintained our existing infrastructure. We have been at war on and off, mostly on since WWII, and today the world is in chaos, and the wars are now shifting to the US homeland. The US education system is also a failure, and government and its common core are not working. It takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a college education, but the jobs that can pay back those education loans are out of the country.

Both parties have constructed the Internal Revenue Code to get tax advantages to the rich, and Bill Gates almost doubled his assets after 2008. Get rid of the Income Tax and people will pay their fair share.

46 million people are still on Food Stamps not the fault of Trump. He had no control over the government. Both parties have since the 70s put the country in decline, and melted the economy in 2008. Not the fault of Trump.

The police are not funded by the Federal Government, and the Federal Government has become Obese and ineffective. The democrats have over the last several decades closed military bases and reduced the military.

Trump played the Internal Revenue Tax Game just like Bill Gates, and Warren Buffet and the rest of the rich. Blame the rules of the government game and not the player.

etc... what is etc.???

1. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, only Democrats set up loopholes. Republicans have always been pure.

We can't thrive as a country when everyone sees one side as all good and the other side as all evil.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Interesting comment brad.

3. Ewent profile image69

First of all, where are 46 million people on Food Stamps? Not the Dem states. The Republican states. As to war, that too is a Republican fault. Where are the major US military industrial states located? Nearly all are in Republican states.

4. profile image52
      Mark Shonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Find Niche Products , Keywords Ranking And Search term That People Are Searching For On Amazon , Ebay

http://www.bestselleramz.com/

Mr. Wilson, the tax code was SET-UP before Hillary, Bill, Obama, Reid, Pelosi and with a Republican house and Senate, How could any of them change the tax code, when the GOP swore to block anything proposed by Democrats?

6. Ewent profile image69

Voinovich admitted a few months ago that the Republicans were told they had to obstruct any legislation of the Obama administration. Voinovich is a Republican. Men who are irresponsible love to DEFLECT blame they own.

Mark Shon , why are you on here trying to sell e-bay/Amazon products, you have no profile, no hubs and you comment is not pertinent to my question.

8. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Federal law enforcement  is funded by tax dollars.  State and Local police departments are funded by State and town/city taxes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_enfor … ted_States

6. Mel Carriere profile image86
    Mel Carriereposted 7 years ago

I can understand how his "fiduciary duty" to avoid paying taxes would apply if we are talking about corporate or company taxes, but we all want to see his PERSONAL tax return.  With your personal taxes there is no fiduciary duty to avoid paying what is owed.  And if his company is a sole proprietorship, who does he owe this fiduciary duty to?  He doesn't, it is nonsense.

1. claptona profile image65

So, you're telling me the IRS is letting Trump get away wit NOT paying his taxes?
      I don't think so, not in this election year, with Trump being slandered by every department in the U.S. government.
      If he owed, they'd file charges.

2. Mel Carriere profile image86
      Mel Carriereposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I didn't say he owed.  I'm saying let's see the returns. Why hide them, if all you are doing is fulfilling your so-called fiduciary dury, as Trump himself said.

3. claptona profile image65

Why show them?
      If the IRS (since I'm assuming you're a Clinton fan who's touting more government because "government is great", ) is not going after Trump for illegally filling false tax returns, why isn't that good enough for you?
      Just wondering.

You want to talk about Slander Mr. Wilson, no one human being has been slandered more than Hillary Clinton, and speaking the truth about trump is not slander.  Maybe the charges against trump are pending!

5. claptona profile image65

Slandered, hillary???
      No wonder America is in the shape it is.
      America is doomed.........
      Probably voted for obama twice, too
      LOL
      Have a good one........

6. RJ Schwartz profile image88
      RJ Schwartzposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The only reason the left wants Trump's tax returns is to hopefully find he isn't as wealthy as he claims - what other reason could it be?  The IRS is clearly already looking at them - is someone else more of an expert on taxes?

If the IRS is auditing trump, they must have a good reason/suspicion that his tax returns are fraudulent. If it is good enough for all the previous Presidents from years back from both parties it should be for trump too.

7. beagrie profile image91
    beagrieposted 7 years ago

Bearing in mind I'm in the UK, so Trump's personal tax avoidance has no bearing on my life.

On the face of things tax avoidance is bad all round. We all use and rely on the many things that taxes pay for (roads, schools, hospitals, etc) and for those of us lucky enough to be able to contribute to that system it should be a given that we would want to.

However,

I sympathise with rich people (not all of them inherited their wealth, some worked damn hard to get where they are) as societies notion of "fair share" seems to be skewing farther and farther away from "fair". Fair would be a flat percentage rate that we all pay. If the tax rate is 20% and I earn $30,000 a year, I pay $6,000 in tax, whereas a rich person earning $3,000,000 a year pays the SAME percentage which works out at $600,000. Instead we've decided that people who earn more money should also be paying a higher percentage, nearly half of what they earn, in fact.

I should say however, as I understand it, Trump has paid nothing, which is very bad. I don't sympathise with that. What I do sympathise with is the guy who tries to game the system to get his tax return down from 40% to 23% (for example), especially bearing in mind that his 23% is worth something like 10 years of *my* 20%.

Thank you John, I wish my fellow Countrymen/women realized if everyone does not contribute to our tax system, everything goes undone nothing get paid and our infrastructure collapses.  Hillary's tax return shows that she paid 33% of her income.

John B. our tax rate was never 40% not even for the ultra rich.  Hillary paid 33% & and your last comment makes a case against a flat tax.
      So thank you.  Have a nice night.

8. profile image0
    promisemposted 7 years ago

Isn't the bigger issue how long our country can have deficit spending, historically low tax rates and a gigantic national debt as a result?

It is not good for our country to have billioinaires and corporations who find ways of paying no taxes at all.

The burden then falls on the rest of us who can't afford to hire $500 an hour lawyers and accountants that play shell games with money.

So my answer to your question is no, it's not good business to pay no taxes. If too many people and businesses avoid paying taxes, we will end up like Greece, which had exactly the same problem.

In the long wrong, that's bad for all business.

Yes Scott, but trump does not care who he hurts as long as he is not hurting.

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  When will we realize a reasonable tax system where everyone pays according to what they have will pay off our debts and keep our country meeting its needs.  The Fair Tax : get taxed for what you spend instead of what you earn.

Thank you for your comment Scott. Have a great night.

9. profile image0
    Bcab5819posted 7 years ago

I guess if businesses do not pay taxes, then all the responsibility would fall on the working population, which probably in the end would not be enough to fund all the things that taxes currently fund. So for this, I would have to say that I do not agree that it is good business to pay taxes.

1. gregas profile image82
      gregasposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Trump wants to get rid of the loop holes that the rich use, like he did, so that they do have to pay their fair share. And cut taxes for the middle class and small business. Those are some of the things I think he can dothat Hillary won.t do.

Thank you Bcal.

Trump, does not want to do anything that benefits anyone but himself.  BS he wants to cut taxes for the rich like GWB.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The Fair Tax (sales tax) also has the advantage of taxes tourists and anyone operating an illegal business.  If you shop in the US, you help fund the US.

Greg, trump will not get rid of loop holes he likes to crawl through, he wants to reinstall the tax cuts for the rich that GWB had not for the middle class & no increase in minimum wages. Hillary will do what trump will not!

10. profile image53
    frumpletonposted 7 years ago

Trump is a cheating, lying scoundrel.  He expects everyone else to pay taxes but he is above it all.  Nope,. he wants his money and glory.  I can't stand him.  I'm not thrilled with Hillary, either, but I'd rather have her in office than that vain, orange-faced guy with the hair implants in office.  At least, she knows enough to shut up but he can't seem to do that.  I haven't decided if he wears makeup or if he only tans his face all the time.  Take a look at the difference in skin tones between his face and hands.  He has no sense of commitment.  He is on his 3rd marriage and they all have to be an accessory to him -- young and beautiful.  A trophy.  Lord help us if he becomes president.  Might as well figure on WWIII

Mr. frumpleton, thank you for the comment, it is appreciated, however his looks however much they offend your eyesight is not pertinent to my question. I hope that you will write hub(s) instead of just joining to answer questions. Thank you.

11. Au fait profile image84
    Au faitposted 7 years ago

Everyone takes whatever deductions they can from their taxes, personal or business/corporate taxes.  I don't think anyone can be faulted for taking advantage of legal deductions (loopholes). 

Sending lobbyists in to persuade our servants, the people we elected to office, is another matter.  Even then I do not fault the person who pays the lobbyist and sends them in to try to gain advantage.

The people I fault are the office holders elected to office who swore an oath to serve the people of this country.  They are the ones who entertain these lobbyists and who invite these lobbyists in to help write the tax code.  Our elected servants are not serving us.  They are serving the Money God and accepting bribes.  They are careful to accept gifts and favors that are legal, but not necessarily moral or right.

If the tax code were not written by our elected servants to favor the 1% in the first place, Trump could not have taken such a huge deduction and been treated so generously by our tax code.

The trouble is that the people (voters) are not vigilant as directed by our founding fathers.  A few people try to hold the 'servants' feet to the fire, but most people are apathetic. As a huge group we voters/citizens could accomplish a lot, but when only a few are willing to made the effort, the cause is often lost and those who fought it get retribution from our so-called servants. Shyron, I know you understand this from experience.

Our government is the people and if the people do not care enough to fight for their own rights and best interests, who will do it?

Trump has many faults and many ugly deeds to his credit, but I think taking advantage of legal loopholes -- if in fact they were legal -- is not so important as what allowed him to take advantage. It was our elected officials who made it possible for Trump and other wealthy business people we will never hear about, to take advantage of not paying his/their fair share.

I have said for years now that most wealthy people make their money off the backs of the poor and working class.  Anyone they can take advantage of. The Walton family, wealthiest family in the U.S. if not the world, has taxpayers subsidizing their payroll with food stamps and Medicaid. They pocket that money that they don't have to pay out in the first place.  Instead they should be made to either pay living wages or go out of business. Wealthy people are the true moochers.

Our elected officials are  the snakes.

CE, that is exactly why we need Trump. Whether he can make a big change or not, at least he might be enough to get it started. With Hillary it will stay the same or get worse.

2. profile image0

The loopholes exist because rich people and corporations pay massive campaign contributions to politicians to create those loopholes for them.

That's one way the rich get richer.

3. Au fait profile image84
      Au faitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

gregas, Trump is the thief and thieves rarely tell the truth or willingly or otherwise limit their own opportunities.  Trump is the rich guy.  He benefits from loopholes.  Clinton has a solid record of change and I think she'll stick with it.

4. Ewent profile image69

The Walton Family are a national disgrace. They rank No. 4 and 5 among the US's wealthiest. Yet, they pay a lousy $8/hr to employees forcing Walmartians to collect welfare the rest of us pay for.

Au fait, Brilliantly put. thank you.
      Greg, you're wrong. Hillary paid 33% in taxes, trump paid "0" maybe Hillary will change the tax code, but the with trump he would get the nuke code and not change it but use it. thanks for the feed back.

6. profile image0

Eleanore, I have read that the largest group of welfare recipients in the country is made up of Walmart employees.

Even the highly conservative Forbes magazine has reported  on it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconno … eport-walm

Scott, the link to Forbes you provided does not exist. I do not believe that what you are trying to make people believe is true, and I don't know what this has to do with trump not paying personal income tax?

12. Sychophantastic profile image86
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

I hate Trump with a passion of a thousand suns.

However, I don't find this tax issue all that compelling the way the media is portraying it. First of all, he didn't violate any laws. All he did was hand his taxes to his accountant and the accountant did the work.

The issue isn't so much about Trump, but about the tax laws that so favor the ultra-rich and allow them to game the system and stick the rest of us with the bill. As far as that issue goes, Trump has spun this the right way by suggesting that he will change that (which I don't believe) or that it needs to be changed. He has that part correct.

The thing that's strange is his claim that he knows the tax laws better than anyone, which seems patently false. He doesn't know anything about taxes. He hires a tax person and that person does his taxes.

The other issue is that he's a terrible businessman. He's lost a lot of money. If he was not allowed to declare bankruptcy and stick the taxpayers with the bill, he's be eating out of trash cans right now.

1. profile image0

LOL. Your first line is a gem!

2. Sychophantastic profile image86
      Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The tax system is what it is. If we don't like it, we need to change it. Trump's accountants did what most tax accountants/attorneys do. It's not really his fault. What is his fault are the bad business decisions that resulted in the huge deduction.

3. Au fait profile image84
      Au faitposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think Trump purposely made decisions that would allow him to take advantage of this tax loophole, and that is one of the ways this 'smart' businessman screws the taxpayers.  Some taxpayers liked it so much they want to make him president.

Au fait, thank you for your comment, amen.
      Scott, I like that first line also.
      Sycophant, maybe Hillary will change the tax code and close loop holes, just hope and pray she becomes President.

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image50
      bradmasterOCcalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Really, we are 17 trillion dollars in debt? We have few exports, and China is filling our ports with their goods.

6. Ewent profile image69

Here are your Republican tyrants: 2003 – Governor Deval Patrick recalls Grover Norquist’s comments on plans for a “permanent Republican majority.”
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd0fVf5CsCc

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/gop-refused-negotiate-team-o

Sychophant, maybe he does know the tax laws, that is why he hires someone else to take the blame if the scam is discovered & it looks like the IRS is suspicious.

13. Abraham Carson profile image74
    Abraham Carsonposted 7 years ago

Let's be clear: He said it was good business not to pay any taxes that you don't have to.  There's a difference between taking the deductions that you are legally allowed and "not paying taxes at all".  In this case, it seems Trump's legal deductions enabled his business not to pay taxes at all for a period of time.  Your phrasing, as well as the liberal medias', is misleading and implicitly biased.  Now to answer your question.  Is it good business to take all the deductions you are allowed under the law?  Of course it is.  No rational person would argue that Trump would have been wise to refrain from taking the tax exemptions that the tax code allows.

Abraham, Hillary said he did not pay any "Federal Income Tax" and trump said "that makes me smart" his business tax was not mentioned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l8o97g0QS8, Mr. Carson, do you know income tax evasion is a crime?

2. Abraham Carson profile image74
      Abraham Carsonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Shyron, you seem to be confused about what "tax evasion" is. Tax evasion is avoiding paying your taxes through illegal and illicit means. Trump did not illegally avoid paying taxes, he just used the tax code to the benefit of his business.

Mr. Carson, it is avoiding paying "Federal Income Tax" as shown and stated, which you did not look at. Do the research mr. carson, I did!!!
      Mr. trump is a thief of the lowest form.

4. Abraham Carson profile image74

Shyron, if you have done research, as you claim, you'd know as well as I do that trump has committed no crimes, tax evasion or otherwise. I'll repeat myself: whether personal or business related, Trump used the tax code to (legally) minimize taxes

Mr. carson, trump falsified losses on his income tax to the tune of over a billion dollars to avoid paying any income tax. I call that tax fraud/tax evasion, whether you like it or believe it or not. I have done the research sir.

6. Abraham Carson profile image74

I'd love to see your evidence for why the losses Trump filed were false, as you claim. After all, the IRS didn't find any. Fortunately though, in this country, it is a competent court of law and not your opinion that finds someone guilty of a crime

7. Ewent profile image69

Trump isn't smart. Do the math. Trump doesn't pay FICA, 12 more billionaires don't and what is the cost to the economy? YOU and I filling in all those trillions they don't pay.

8. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Shyron

Blame congress not Trump for playing by the rules. Also look at the Clintons, and Mark Cuban. You want equality in taxes, then don't make the rich pay more, poor pay none. Blame the poor for sucking up the tax revenue. 46 mil on food stamps

9. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

Brad, Hillary released her tax return, I don't know anything about Mark Cuban.  Hillary said at the debate "maybe you did not pay any tax"  and trumps reply was: "that makes me smart!"  Make of that what you will Brad. Thank you for the comment.

10. Abraham Carson profile image74

Shyron, what we, and anyone with some common sense, make of that statement is that Trump made the logical statement that using the tax code to reduce the amount of taxes you pay is an intelligent thing to do

11. Ewent profile image69

Carson, do the math. Trump doesn't pay his taxes, 12 more billionaires don't because they are so "smart.:" Who pays then for road repairs, FEMA disasters and those Big Oil Spill fines? Sorry you are WRONG. Sound like you are as "smart" as Trump.

12. Abraham Carson profile image74

Eleanor, I'm not sure what I'm wrong about, as my only argument was that Trump's choice to minimize his taxes is intelligent.  What's actually "WRONG" is your unfounded claim that Trump "doesn't pay his taxes".

13. Ewent profile image69

There is already over $47 trillion ..."TRILLION" with a "T" sitting offshore in tax free havens billionaires earned in the US. Don't tell me that isn't the reason for national debt or the deficit. Those with the most, pay the least. Sound economics?

14. Shyron E Shenko profile image69

mr. carson, if you can believe trump, his tax return is still being audited, so how does that equate to his being cleared by the IRS?
      I watched the debate and heard the words he said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=618o97g0QS8.

15. Abraham Carson profile image74

Shyron, you made the unfounded accusation that Trump's declared losses from 1995 (20 years ago!) were "falsified".   There's never been any evidence of this being the case, so you are either seriously confused or are just making things up.

14. The Indexer profile image82
    The Indexerposted 7 years ago

If rich people don't pay taxes, poorer people have to make up the shortfall.

It should be a matter of pride to know that your wealth is being redistributed via the tax system to help people who are in need via social security, the National Health Service (if you're British, that is), etc.

In other words, if you aspire to be the leader of a social body - such as the United States - you should show an example by not using every means at your disposal to avoid your civic duties as a taxpayer.

For your first sentence John, WE NEED TO DO AWAY WITH THE LOOPHOLES. Make some kind of a flat tax where everyone pays a percentage of what they make.

2. Ewent profile image69

If the general public only knew the truth about the gaming of the system by corporations, their hair would stand on end. There is no taxpayer obligation to keep any business IN business. That's their job, not ours.

Thank you John, I appreciate you, very much.

Thank you John for you comment. 
      Greg if we have a flat tax, and a man making 10k paid 25% how would it be fair is a man making 200k paid 25%? it does not sound fair to me. Maybe if you are in the 200K bracket.

15. Pam Morris profile image82
    Pam Morrisposted 7 years ago

NO, I do not agree with him as taxes finance various public services like schools (education) Medicare, Medicaid, social security. That why He went bankruptcy several different times and I won't vote for him.

1. Ewent profile image69

Here in NJ, we had to cut services our elderly and kids need because we are now paying off the debt Trump's 6 corporate bankruptcies caused.

Thank you and God Bless you Pam.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Pam
      Apparently you don't care on what they spend our money on. Why don't you pay more to make up for the slack?

Eleanore, NJ not the federal govt is supposed to take care of the people. Don't blame trump. Bankruptcy is constitutional, blame congress

Thank you Pam, I appreciate you.
      Thank you again Eleanore for your continued comments.

16. Ewent profile image69
    Ewentposted 7 years ago

I live in NJ. You want the higher taxes I'm paying when Trump dumped 6 corporate bankruptcies on NJ taxpayers?

It's great to try and say, "Oh all billionaires avoid paying taxes." Okay...so let's do some math here. Trump is one of a dozen billionaires who pay NO taxes because they are smart. Now multiply the amount Trump doesn't by by 12. Not such a tiny little pittance is it?

But, then you get CONservatives moaning and groaning over national debt and the deficit.

The problem common sense people in the US have is that they know the lion's share of taxation is the burden of individuals who either are employed or own property.

I found it amazingly crafty when in 2004, the Bush Administration tried to conceal how just ONE tax cut increased the wealth of 1% by 11% according to GAO records. There were 2 more tax cuts in 2008 and again in 2009. Don't tell me that 11% is to sniff over. Not when 11% of a billion in profit gained solely through the use of tax loopholes, subsidies and tax cuts are the machine keeping their corporations in existence.

Now...do tell...just where in the US Constitution does it state that it 's the duty of taxpayers to keep billionaires growing in wealth or their businesses in existence? No where!

At this point in time, Trump's biggest problem isn't just reporting both his business and his personal tax records, it is his inability to accept that you must PAY for what you buy.

Trump can't set foot here in NJ because he stiffed the building contractors who built his Taj Mahal and Marina casinos and hotels. When he was forced to close both, what he won't talk about is why. He got a $22 million fine from FinCEN (a branch of the US Treasury) for money laundering to terrorists. He was warned 3 times by the Justice Dept. to cease and desist. But, as always Trump does what ONLY Trump wants...so he continued to ferry his Middle Eastern High Rollers in his private helicopter to AC in violation of the law.

Try and make the case for his innocence on that one. Sorry but Trump is not now nor ever has been presidential material.

And I for one, want to KNOW who he has business dealings with in the event there is conflict of interest. I also want to know the dollar amount of what he owes in unpaid taxes for 2 decades.

Trump is as ruthless as his mentor, Roy Cohn, McCarthy's rabid dog. Those two partied at Cohn's mansion as Dorothy Rabinowitz of the Wall Street Journal recently admitted being an associate of Cohn's.

Bless you Eleanor, I thank you for this information, I appreciate you. 
      Wishing trump's worshipers could read this, but I am afraid they would say you made it up.  I wish Hillary could read this.
      God Bless you Eleanore

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

Eleanore
      I feel bad that you live in NJ.

I don't understand how trump could go bankrupt.  Gamblers never win, so how could a Casino go bankrupt, unless something crooked was going on.
      Brad, if bankruptcy is constitutional as you say that would makes it Federal, not state!!

17. sunilbharat profile image60
    sunilbharatposted 7 years ago

No, Taxes are the sources of income for the government.Avoidance of tax is treated as an offence in our india . I am  surprised by the words of Mr Trump . I think he may face the heat  in near  future

Thank you sunibharat, I agree with you and I am sure there was something illegal in his dealings with his not paying taxes.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image50

You want to use India as an example, really?

3. Ewent profile image69

Everyone in the state of NY knew Trump, like Gotti had judges in his back pocket. Everyone knew that Trump could buy his way out of mass murder thanks to his contacts in the legal system. Such is the power of Trump money.

No Brad, not using India, just thanking sunibharat for his comments. Even people who join HP to jump in on the questions, when they have no hubs and just want to stir the pot. I will thank them for their comment.
      I even thank you for your comment.

brad, not using India as example, just thanking sunibharat for the comment. But, he joined 6 years ago and no hubs as yet, still I thank him as I thank you for leaving a comment.

18. celafoe profile image53
    celafoeposted 7 years ago

first you base you question on a LIE, and that shows your prejudice against the rich.   You clearly are a demonrat liberal and liar.   The problem with people like you is you do not care about FACTS, just pushing your lying liberal policies.

Trrump said it was good business to not pay MORE TAXES THAN YOU OWE,    THAT IS TRUE, IN FACT A COORPORATE OFFICER CAN BE AND  SHOULD BE SUED FOR OVERPAYING.   All experts have said he was perfectably legal in using THE SAME TAX BREAKS THAT THE NYT  AND SCUMBAG KILLERY USED. 

YOUR ARGUMENT IS WITH THE CORRUPT CONGRESS THAT WROTE THESE LAWS.  i am positive IF you had a profitable business
    you would take every possible tax break that THE LAW ENTITLES   you to

So take your lies, misrepresentation and other garbage you learned from killery and disappear.

you have no idea how many hundreds of thousands dollars Trump has put in the tax accounts of the USA in social security,income tax paid on  wages of employees or any of the other thousand  taxes he pays when building his big awesome buildings.     IF you pay ANY taxes they are inconsequential in comparison.
    you need to check facts before opening your big lying mouth because you are an offense to any person with a brain and scruples.

1. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

WOW! 
      Let's build more fences like JESUS did, right? 
      And don't give me that "pro-choice" biz because even GOD gives "choice" (Joshua 24:15)!

What lie Charlie? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OptmSBRlgsI this one where Trump says he is smart to not pay taxes. You tell me I should disappear I am sure I was here way before you. You don't have to worry if trump wins, we will all disappear.

3. Ewent profile image69

Wrong. What it shows is that dumb people suck up to the rich hoping for a few crumbs. Is it not a fact that wages of the middle class nosed dived the minute Reaganomics took over? The DOL reported that from 2004 to 2008, 8 million jobs were lost.

Thanks Eleanore, for shining more light on the reason why trump should never become our President.  I appreciate you.

Thank you also Norine for your comment.

charlie, you call me all kinds of names and you don't even know me. I will not stoop to your level by return you complements, but I will delete your posts that are name calling like this.  I am leaving this comment so people see who you are.

6. Ewent profile image69

Charlie, It is obvious to me you have NEVER watched the Republicans in the House and Senate in session on CNN. Congress makes all the rules? Really? I guess then you have not seen how the ONLY mouths in sessions are the GOP's.

Charlie, read your profile, this must be your DARK side, look in the mirror and read you last paragraph aloud.

19. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image83
    cmoneyspinner1tfposted 7 years ago

I love that answer!  Folks who manage our Treasury just waste tax revenues anyway.  Think about it.  No military force.  No war.  Unhealthy and uneducated people always make the best citizens of any country!  Health and education programs are so unnecessary.  Plus all that money spent on space exploration caused imaginary climate change.  Why pay for all that?  Smart!!  smile

If only Wesley Snipes had talked to The Donald and asked to borrow his accountants.  Maybe he could have avoided serving time for not paying taxes.  Not smart!!  sad

Thanks cmoneyspinner, I appreciate your information about Wesley Snipes, as most people who avoid paying Federal Income Tax are in danger of going to prison, unless they make restitution, & we all know that mr. trump is not likely to even admit i

2. Ewent profile image69

BradmasterOCCal...Yes..we are $17 trillion in debt. How else do billionaires get to be billionaires without endless wars, For Profit Prison, Big Oil tax subsidies and then you want to blame us? Sorry pallie. Look in the mirror.

20. Jackie Lynnley profile image86
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years ago

What he proposes is that everyone pay taxes, a certain percent but that is not the law right now and he has broken no law so why would anyone be surprised and now we find out neither did Hillary pay any taxes. Does the question change now? Does Hillary know how important taxes are for the military? Hillary lost 6 billion dollars and is not even held accountable for it. That is so ridiculous. How could anyone uphold such a person as she is to have done all she has done and never be held accountable because our government is as corrupt as she is. Can you imagine even what it will be like if she is elected with all these crooks right in there with her filling this country with Islamic terrorists, killing unborn babies fully developed, not caring if our military are safe or not and not sending aid to our men and women in service just to mention a few.
    I have never in my life known such a corrupt female and I can't imagine that even democrats would elect her. Some will not, maybe many but her and the gang are out there stealing all the votes they can as hard as they can because they may have to answer for some crimes if they don't!
    https://youtu.be/prwYhM7B_90

Hillary released her personal income tax return showing she paid 33% of her earned income, trump will not release his, yet you say he did nothing wrong.
      There are more Republicans in office than anything else ms. lynnley.

Does Hillary know how important taxes are for the military? That is a question you need to ask your don, Hillary released her tax return, your don has not.
      I doubt that you know Hillary.  That must have been some kind of a dream. WAKE UP!

3. Ewent profile image69

Generally Jackie, you post facts if you make accusations. You haven't posted anything but your opinion. Why should your opinion be considered fact? Men need to keep it in their pants. Start with that before you go after Hillary.

He proposes is that everyone pay taxes? WHAT?
      It has been a law to pay taxes since 1913, trump has not paid taxes, that has been proven.
      You have never known such a corrupt female?  WHAT? 
      You do not know Hillary!

21. norlawrence profile image71
    norlawrenceposted 7 years ago

The profit margin is so small for many businesses they must take all the tax deductions the can take.  Man;y businesses do not pay taxes but it is not because they are cheating.  They are just taking advantage of all the tax deductions available.  Maybe if the government made it easier for people to do business in this country this would not happen.  I think people should pay their fair share but if ;you do not make any money you can not pay.  Right now the bulk of supporting the country is falling on the middle income and low income people and this is not right.  There are other fees businesses have to pay besides income tax and man;y are not fair.  This is why the businesses that can move out of the country are doing it.  At the rate this is happening there will be no businesses left and no jobs.  Our civilization will disappear.  It has happened in history before.  More people should be working instead of living on what the government pays them to sit at home.  They do not work because they want to but do it because there are no jobs.  I am sure if Trump owed income taxes the IRS would be collecting them.

Norma, thank you for the answer I think trump makes enough money to pay Federal Income Tax, and that is what we are talking about here. I watched the first debate and Hillary said he should release his tax return, that maybe he did not pay any tax.

22. Joe Reid profile image61
    Joe Reidposted 7 years ago

Well, the taxes he didn't pay were legal to not pay. He probably has the worlds most sophisticated lawyers to find the loop hole, but it is there. I think people should be more angry at the law than him.

Joe, thank you for the comment & you are right we should be angry at the law/loopholes. But, that does not mean trump should not be held culpable for gaming the system.

Joe, did you join just to answer this question.

3. Ewent profile image69

Joe Reid, Can you tell us WHICH taxes he didn't pay with certainty? NO. You  can't. And why? Because until Donald Trump stops evading questions about his taxes he actually paid, you could be speaking about not paying VAT, sales and use and others.

23. Shyron E Shenko profile image69
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

At the 2nd debate, trump admitted that for over 20 years he has paid no Federal Income Tax at all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)