jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What are your feeling when you see little people?

1. cyoung35 profile image87
    cyoung35posted 6 years ago

What are your feeling when you see little people?

Little people are different than the rest of us in the fact of height. Do you feel sorry for them or do you treat them like any other person and why?

2. The Blagsmith profile image78
    The Blagsmithposted 6 years ago

When you mean little people, do you mean children or those that have a stunted growth problem?

3. ubanichijioke profile image77
    ubanichijiokeposted 6 years ago

For me, i take them as any other human being. After all, they didn't create themselves. In my eyes, all are perfectly equal!

4. sugz profile image74
    sugzposted 6 years ago

what do you mean by LITTLE people? i'm 5'11... everyone i know is little...

if you mean midgets.. or the vertically challenged.. i have a friend who is a midget, he is all of 3'1 tall and well.. i can't lift him, he's a heavy lil bugger but hes no different to anyone else i know, someone hassles him, i let him stick up for himself, if anyone offends him, he can stick up for himself, if anyone offends who he is as a person.. they have me to deal with.

what about us that are taller than most around us??? not talkin bout the tall guys, talkin bout us chiks.. we get the tall jokes, midgets an the vertically challenged get the short jokes, what do you get?!?!?

5. Ania L profile image85
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Great! Finally someone of mine size big_smile So I don't have to raise my head too high.
    It's a strange question really, why would I think differently about people based on how tall they are? It's like asking if you are sorry for people having brown eyes instead of blue - what's the difference?

6. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

Please explain this question it is quite ambiguous?

7. Admiral_Joraxx profile image81
    Admiral_Joraxxposted 6 years ago

Honestly, there are times that I feel ridiculous about them. specially to those which are deliberately used for entertainment. But I deeply respect and appreciate their uniqueness because in the eyes of God they are my brothers.

8. anupma profile image78
    anupmaposted 6 years ago

No way, I do not understand why people discriminate? And their discrimination is always based on those things that are perishable, that will destroy with the passage of time. little people or dwarfs do not come from other world, they belong to the same world.
    Actually inner beauty only does matter. it is possible that a little people can perform those things that a tall man cannot do. In this case tall man is really little before that little man. Then. . . ?
    I suggest (who discriminates) please read THE ANCIENT MARINER- by S.T. Coleridge. it is really a great poem that teaches very beautifully the same thing you want to ask here.

9. jacqui2011 profile image86
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I treat them as equal human beings, which is what they are. Height makes no difference to the person and I treat everyone the same. I am 5' 11" and although I am taller than the average woman I would hope no-one felt any differently about me. Looks/height/creed/colour are unimportant, its the person inside that counts.

10. 6hotfingers3 profile image60
    6hotfingers3posted 6 years ago

Actually, I never thought about it. Yes, I look a second time when I see them to make sure they are adults and not children. I try to treat all people with the respect they deserve. I am grateful for the hit show "Little People, Big World." The show tried to educate the world about little people in general and the health struggles some of them must endure because of their health problems associated with dwarfness. Other than specific health problems, they are no different than the rest of society.

11. freecampingaussie profile image63
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

What size is little ? Do you mean children ? I am only 5'2 so someone 6 ft would say I am little .
    I talk to shorter people easier than tall people maybe it's because I don't need to strain my neck .
    I feel sorry for people who have missing children or loved ones. Health problems ,judge others, negative people and snobby bitchy people as they miss out on so much in life.

12. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

As someone of a height that's considered within average range, but on the the low end of that average range (5' 2") for women; I've lived my whole life putting up with a lot of people thinking I'm a kid (no matter how old I am), because they're too stupid (LOL) to sort out the difference between a short (but perfectly capable and mature) adult and a child.

So, trust me..   When I see someone whose height doesn't fall within what's considered "average range", I know perfectly well that they are most likely capable, mature, adults who should be viewed and treated as such.

I don't feel bad for them.  That's not what most people want, regardless of what the issue is.

13. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I expect, that by, " little people", you are referring to what previous generations call "midgets".............yes,?

My first response..........is nothing.

And please tell us, just what is..........

"the FACT of height".............do explain

As a short ( staturerd, heighted, heightened challenged) person, I would be the last to belittle a shorter one.  I am , quite frankly, SICK of the political dance............

I can become so angry, when some people ( perhaps not your own self) call me "biggoted"...........without the realization of how many of us ridicule others, for something.......

We are ALL guilty of something.

14. shampa sadhya profile image82
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Who made you and me? God, right! He only made them then who are we to discriminate between the creations of God. I feel, if we tend to look somebody down then we must first look at ourselves through the eyes of the others. The tendency to look down will evaporate with the remarks we get about ourselves from others.

15. NiaG profile image90
    NiaGposted 6 years ago

They are people with feelings and emotions just like anyone else. They should not be looked down upon (no pun intended) just because of they're size.

working