Are you unhappily married?

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (75 posts)
  1. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

what part about your marriage would you change if you could?

1. Dave Barnett profile image56
      Dave Barnettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why, whatcha got in mind, sweetheart?LOL

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm not married. So, first I would need to get married. wink tongue

3. leeberttea profile image56
      leebertteaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The part where you only get to have sex with the same person. That just ain't right!

4. wildorangeflower profile image61
      wildorangeflowerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If I am married I will try to fit in to what my husband like me to be without compromising what I am.

5. profile image51
      cutelady60posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would of not married again if I knew my husband is a liar. He looks online for women talks to his ex wife on face book. Want out now

6. profile image51

not marry

2. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

cute Dave....lol

3. profile image0
    Precious Williamsposted 13 years ago

In my dreams - my husband!  But in reality - nothing.  I married in sickness and in health...

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 13 years ago

I was also very sick when I got married and I never got better. So the answer is __ NO, not now!

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
      Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

smile smile smile I'd use the laughing faces but I don't know how to make those! I love that answer!!

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
        schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you press :  then type lol  then press :
        lol

5. the clean life profile image71
    the clean lifeposted 13 years ago

Heck no I am very happily married for 30 years a my wife is not only my wife, but my soul mate, my friend, my companion, and my lover

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
      schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's what I want-kudos

2. feisty woman profile image61
      feisty womanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely perfect.  So pleased for you both x

6. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

If I could get a refund on any part of my marriage... it would be my mother in law big_smile

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile ha ha!!

3. feisty woman profile image61
      feisty womanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile lol

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I have a wonderful husband! If I could change one thing, it would be his short temper. Other than that, he's almost perfect! He has a short fuse, but he gets over it quickly.

1. IsadoraPandora profile image79
      IsadoraPandoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That is the only thing I'd change in my marriage too!

2. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"He has a short fuse," Is it the only "short" thing about him?

8. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 13 years ago

My husband (number two) is my knight in shining armour! He is a wonderful, wonderful man and I wouldn't change him.  Sure, he has his faults, so do I. He tolerates mine as I do his.  Life would be boring if we were too much alike!  In short, yes, I am happily married.
    Now there's this woman in town that clearly isn't. We had a guy come to see our shop on his way out of state and he told us how he came to the area to surprise the 'woman of his dreams' whom he met online.  The surprise was a huge one as it was her husband that answered the door! Talk about an oops! He didn't know she was married and her hubby didn't know what she was doing behind his back! This goes to show you that if you cheat, even if only emotionally, you will get caught sooner or later.

1. profile image49
      freespirit2000posted 13 years agoin reply to this

My husband and I are totally opposites and in my opinion, its keeps the marriage alive.  I would never want to be married so someone just like me.  Ive been married only 5 years and you learn so much.  He is also the love of my life.

9. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

funny one chaotic chica, yes that internet stuff is going to get alot of marriages in trouble let alone dangerous.  some of the answers are so funny.  keep it going!

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am happily unmarried!

1. profile image51

why

10. jimmy.liao profile image60
    jimmy.liaoposted 13 years ago

I want marry .but it is very difficult for young in china ,the house is too dear to buy ,

1. IsadoraPandora profile image79
      IsadoraPandoraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry for that. sad Maybe soon you will find a way to marry!

2. alternate poet profile image66
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tell me about it !!!    and not just the young people, I am struggling with that on good Chinese wages !

11. kmackey32 profile image64
    kmackey32posted 13 years ago

yup, thats why i filed for a divorce... smile

12. prettydarkhorse profile image61
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

on the marriage, If I will be married, I don't want it to be boring, I want my man to have free time and for him to achieve his full potential, support him all the way! I see this things with my friends and my sister. Maybe it is better said than done, but still it is an ideal.

13. Sweetsusieg profile image75
    Sweetsusiegposted 13 years ago

I thought I was happily married for almost 25 years.  I knew we had our differences, but with perseverance and determination on both our parts we could work through anything. 

He decided to make a simplified confession earlier this year, I was not satisfied with this and did some digging.  Understand there had been questions over the years that had went unanswered or falsified.

After I found out from what I had assumed to be a friend, he did a total confession which took 3 days to complete.  Now most of the memories that I had thought were happy are tainted by his confessions. 

I think now, I would change the 'exchanging of the vows' part, and just forgo the relationship altogether.  I haven't decided to leave as of yet, and I am not even sure my mind is still in the marriage.

14. profile image0
    sandieganlizposted 13 years ago

Some of these reasons are why I am scared to make the VOW!!! :-/

15. TerryGl profile image58
    TerryGlposted 13 years ago

I think support, I seem to be living by the addage of:

Behind every successful man, there is a surprised woman.

http://imgn.dt07.net/565/565441_b.jpg

1. lyjo profile image62
      lyjoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely, the things you find out after a few years?... quite surprising,all a learning curve, but oh so much fun! My husband & I drive each other crazy, on purpose, just to have some fun, we are each others very best friends, we are each others priority, and have been happily married for almost 8 years, and together a little over 10.....nothing amazing is ever easy!

16. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

my wife and I are very happily married..

she is a very lucky woman smile

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't think of changing anything. I would like to change myself if there is a problem. All changes need to to made first from within.
      Yes I agree with greek one for once.......... I am happily married

17. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 13 years ago

If I could change anything, it would be those factors that have led him to the only unsavory element in our marriage. If I could change it, I'm sure he wouldn't mind, they're things that make him miserable...he tries not to let me see so that it won't bother me, but he knows I know they're there. As far as him as a person goes...nope, I wouldn't change a thing either! Heck, I'd love it if he made about five times his current wage just so he could work only when he wanted to and we could spend more time together, but other than that wink.

18. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

....love all my marriages....just the wedding(s) part....then the divorce parties start...they are lots of fun!!!!!!...married my divorce lawyer once...Bob...he was my dream guy, until he said "i do"....

19. tpletch profile image60
    tpletchposted 13 years ago

I am for working on the relationships you are already in.  Any new ones you get into will have problems as well.

1. rosariosblog profile image60
      rosariosblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes, it's polite or respectful to just stay with a partner though you're bored to death

20. profile image51
    A.Choudhuryposted 13 years ago

I think all mirrage have problems even if the person is perfect. One thing i would say is to those people who have arrange mirrage dont do it as you dont know what your getting. Its always nice at the begging but then they show who they really are.

21. Bill Manning profile image69
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I've been single so long I think I actually prefer it. I got my freedom, peace and quiet, do whatever I want, go anywhere anytime, cheap too! smile

Only thing that sucks is the lack of sex, of course. hmm

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, NO, BIll!!! Being able to snuggle with the one you love every night as you fall asleep, and staying in bed on Sunday mornings when you can sleep late? Ah! There is nothing like it! You must try it sometime.
      I am happily married to the most amazing man! smile

22. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

her family

23. efeguy profile image40
    efeguyposted 13 years ago

am happily married so cant change anytin

24. alternate poet profile image66
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

I was married over 30 years to a woman so perfect, so intelligent, so desireable - her opinion not mine.

25. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...i see this thread is movin' again...

...i'll say it again...what would i change?...'i do'....

26. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 13 years ago

...the fact he's got too much in common with the stereotypical black man. smile

27. sofs profile image76
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Would like to shout it out again.... Very happily married... smile smile

28. ftclick profile image56
    ftclickposted 13 years ago

I like intelligent poets' reply. classic

29. TiredWife profile image57
    TiredWifeposted 13 years ago

I am I just feel like a robot. I keep thinking is this what marriage is about. It really makes me so sad. I hate being sad everyday where is the happiness. Only thing that keeps me going is my kids. All I can do is pray maybe things will change but I doubt it. Everything I do is just programmed. Like I am about to go cook dinner do what I have to do w/the kids wait for him to get home serve dinner make sure kids are bathed read to watch a bit of T.V. and then bed.. REPEAT again tomorrow.. (& YES I have shared my feeling to my husband but nothing happens... so my Robot life cont.)

30. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

Marriage is hard, but worth it. I love my husband very much and he loves me. With the economy the way it is, money is an issue, but we are pretty frugal people anyway so we make it work.

He works long hours, and is tired most of the time these days. But he is such a good sport about it all.

That's why I make an extra effort to make it easier on him, by doing everything around the house, to alow him time to rest. I respect his need for down time since his hours are so long, sometimes 16 hour days.

So am I happily married YES! Of course there are things that I wish I could make better. But that is just human nature to improve upon any situation we are in.

31. katiem2 profile image60
    katiem2posted 13 years ago

I'm not married and plan to keep it that way.

But I am in a longterm committed relationship.

I adore my bf and appreciate all that is him, but if I could change one thing...

It would be...

The thing he does when he suddenly doesn't get something very simple that I'm saying...when he normally get the most complex things... maybe that's the time for me to shut up and give him some peace and quiet.  Hummmm I think I may have solved my one thing.

Great question Dawn, I'll watch to see what develops and what I can learn.  smile

32. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 13 years ago

... i am short listed to get married smile
    after that i will answer smile

33. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

Yes I think that staying married now a days takes work and if there is still great sex in the marriage, than that helps to keep the relationship going, not to mention it feels good...lol

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what feels good? the sex or the marriage?

2. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

So true and what I find to be amazing is so many people truly aren't happy and just deal with it....

I say no way BE HAPPY  big_smile

34. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

'unhappily married'.....no!

35. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

today...maybe....

36. dawnM profile image57
    dawnMposted 13 years ago

well I would have to say both...lol

37. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

NO to the basic question.   Happily married to the very same girl for 52 years.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...that's nice to hear Cybersupe...good for you!

38. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...btw....i'm into 'yes' now....lol

...opened the fridge today and this happened to me....i'm not happy.....

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/brokhisheart_sg.gif

1. dawnM profile image57
      dawnMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol   lol   lol

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol Hahahaha... I love it!!!

sheesh...i see this thread has started up again....don't get me started....lol....

...jan. is divorce month in NA.....  big_smile....wish i was a lawyer.....time to make some real money......

39. CYBERSUPE profile image61
    CYBERSUPEposted 13 years ago

Thank You so much Somewayottahere. It has been an awesome ride, would do it all over asgain.

40. profile image52
    John Wiggensposted 13 years ago

YEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

I'm very happily married, AND I love my mother-in-law!  How's that for bizarre? smile

...glad to hear that Lorlie...and 'ma inlaw' too....wow...good for you....that's the way it's supposed to be, right?....but doesn't seem to work out that way for everyone....you go girl!

42. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

"Are you unhappily married?"
    Answer: Yes I was.

I fixed that by divorcing the psycho b***h"
    Now I'm happily single, but still looking for Mrs. Right.

43. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

I'm not allowed to be married by law, but, I have had a partner for over 20 years. If I could change anything, I would certainly like to trade up for someone a little more studly and younger. I could also use a little less 3rd degree crap on everything I do.

With that said, our relationship has various levels of happy. I do enjoy his company on occasion, and he tries not to be a total bitch all the time. But, I also have a level or respect for him, and I do care about him, but, it's no longer a sexual thing.

But, if I thought I had a chance with Ryan Seacrest, I would trade up and marry him in a second. He's hot, and rich. Who could ask for more!

44. zthao89 profile image57
    zthao89posted 13 years ago

Yes, I am unhappily married. It's been this way for a while. Married since I was 15 so of course I was young & naive. Now I'm 21 and my husband hates me. He says I'm a burden on his life and he hates taking care of me, blah, blah, blah...Hates the way I look. "Why can't I just be skinny like other wives?" The list goes on and on. All my flaws -- he can't love me unconditionally. And I feel that I can't do the same for him either. I'm just so dicouraged that this marriage is ever gonna work. I want out, but it's easier said than done. He abuses me both physically and emotionally. This marriage is a mess. He just hasn't proposed divorce because he wants to save face. He doesn't wanna be known as the guy whose marriage failed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)