Believe in Jesus Christ, what do you have to lose?

Jump to Last Post 51-89 of 89 discussions (727 posts)
  1. profile image53
    Indryasposted 7 years ago

yes it is true we belive in Jesus. He gives us everything .if we belive in Christ we have nothing to lose . this life is not everlasting life

2. srcecde profile image59
    srcecdeposted 7 years ago

Humanity is never satisfied with what is given. Actually, the greed for more never ends. But each more is destroying in one or either way.

3. Sam Shepards profile image92
    Sam Shepardsposted 7 years ago

Sorry our Civilization worships Ahura Mazda and not Jesus Christ. He doesn't like false idols like the Christian derivatives.

4. Marcelo Faria profile image70
    Marcelo Fariaposted 7 years ago

You can use the same logic to believe in any religion of the world. I don't think that would be very reasonable.

1. kwade tweeling profile image81
      kwade tweelingposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Short, sweet and to the point.

2. Blessed Hill profile image59
      Blessed Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Faith in Jesus Christ is not reasonable that's why it's called faith. And faith in Jesus Christ is not religion it's life.

3. Marcelo Faria profile image70
      Marcelo Fariaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When you say "What do you have to lose?", you are trying to reason; you are trying to use to logic to encourage people to believe in Jesus.

4. WiccanSage profile image92
      WiccanSageposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Religion is part of life for religious people; but it's still religion.

5. dianetrotter profile image61
      dianetrotterposted 7 years agoin reply to this

There is documented evidence of Jesus coming to earth.  The Bible was written by at least 39 men over approx. 1500 years.  What people show as inconsistencies are not.  Reading must be done with continuity.

6. Angele Parris profile image61
      Angele Parrisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Louis Farrakhan has a movement in America. I have been to one of his conferences. History will record this movement, his achievements and the efforts to stop the movement. I am not Muslim, I am Christian, but Louis Farrakhan exists.

7. dianetrotter profile image61

Angele, would you tell us briefly what his  points were?

5. Kodirekka Nagaraj profile image58
    Kodirekka Nagarajposted 7 years ago

See God create this world, he created every creature on the earth. Our duty is to follow our true path. ( Dharma ) . taking care of me is God responsibility.

6. Mxolisi Ngubane profile image61
    Mxolisi Ngubaneposted 7 years ago

Its hard believing in jesus when u come from where i come from, with so much bad things happening around you

1. Blessed Hill profile image59

I do come from where you come. Born in Zimbabwe, immigrated to south Africa at 5. Lived in East London, Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth. Jesus saved me and protected and now I live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, New Zealand

2. Misfit Chick profile image74
      Misfit Chickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You could just have easily come to that lovely life by believing in a crystal hanging around your neck. Jesus came to teach us how to utilize our own 'christos' within - not to rely on his, as much. Jesus is a crutch for some & a launchpad for ot

3. Aime F profile image71
      Aime Fposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I really struggle with people attributing their nice lives to God/Jesus.  What about all the people who live incredibly unfortunate lives but believe in God?  Are you suggesting they're doing something wrong?

4. Blessed Hill profile image59

I believe the bible, the Jesus of the bible and God of the bible. My bible tells me that all good things come from God not a an inanimate object like a crystal or rabbits foot. Whether you acknowledge Him or not God is the giver of all good things.

5. Aime F profile image71

That doesn't answer my question even a little bit.

6. Misfit Chick profile image74

Have you read Ecclesiastes lately, BH? God 'allows' both good & bad to happen to everyone, equally. My point was, you COULD have 'believed' in a crystal to acheive the same results in your life. How your beliefs WORK is what Jesus came to teach p

7. Blessed Hill profile image59

Yes Misfit, God allows but He is not the author of bad things.

8. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your god also created Satan, BH. Were you unaware of how Satan came to be? You need to read your Bible. LOL!

9. Blessed Hill profile image59

Randy, seems like you know the bible pretty well, why not educate all of us on God's original intent of creating Satan?

10. Misfit Chick profile image74

I've written an entire hub specifically about the real messages of Jesus; and how both Science & Spirituality has exposed them - based on the research of deconverting Christians over several decades. 2 versions of Christianity now exist. Research

11. Randy Godwin profile image59

Yes, I've read the old novel, BH. I cannot envision a god so bored he would create a universe, put life on earth, drown all of the living things except for a few, knowing beforehand he would have to do so. Perhaps he told YOU why in your head? LOL!

12. Blessed Hill profile image59

Still didn't answer the question randy. Typical MO of atheists, want answers to their questions but never can come up with their own.

13. Misfit Chick profile image74

My response wasn't good enough for you, BH? I've outlined where evil (and Satan) come from, among other things. Look beyond what you believe, Dear. The real message of Jesus is so much more powerful as many are discovering.

14. Randy Godwin profile image59

Your god created your Satan, BH. According to the old novel, that is. Are you sure you've read the Bible? The NT is all fictional attempts made long after Jesus was supposed to have lived. The earliest book was created over a lifetime after his life.

15. Misfit Chick profile image74

Is 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." When you discover why God does this; you will also discover why 'sin' is an ancient pagan concept that God did not originate. Research.

16. Randy Godwin profile image59

Thank you MC!

17. Blessed Hill profile image59

I did my research. At the time of Cyrus, whom God is addressing in Is45, they believed in 2 gods, 1 good 1 evil, called Magian doctrine. The evil referred to is war or calamity which denotes judgment FOR sin. Which is why Jesus came.

18. Misfit Chick profile image74

I'd say, you have paganism down pat - as many Christians do. It is as rooted in ancient religions as Jesus' original message is. It really doesn't matter what you believe - its just that imposing & teaching twisted beliefs has led to so much harm

19. Blessed Hill profile image59

Strong accusation of paganism when you don't know what I believe. I believe the bible and what the Holy Spirit reveals to me through it. There is no other message. Everything man teaches needs to be weighed by both. Yours doesn't measure up sorry.

20. Angele Parris profile image61

Jesus'  main mission was to heal those who did not have access to health care. Jesus' services did not last long because He was killed shortly after He started preaching. The question is asking us to believe In Jesus Christ, what do you have to lose?

21. Blessed Hill profile image59

Waste of time trying to teach the unteachable

22. rimbin profile image60
      rimbinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Angele Parris,Jesus came to the world not to give medicare to any.He came here to help people to get away from there sins and to forgive.Christianity says the life not about this world,but about paradise

23. Misfit Chick profile image74

Realize that your version of Christianity didn't start until 1500ish YEARS after Jesus' death with the Protestant Reformation - which is when the bible started to be take literally as the literal word of God. What did pre-bible C's do for 300 years?

7. Josepheus profile image61
    Josepheusposted 7 years ago

Formulating the theological problem in this manner is known historically as Pascal's Wager. Of note, Pascale denied that the existence of Jesus can be rationally proven so he attempted to come up with this wager - using statistic cost/benefit analysis- to incite rational people to believe in his version of Jesus. The problem with this line of reasoning is that it denies even the other versions of Jesus presented even at his time. He was catholic , so what he was inciting is a believe in Catholicism . But what if Protestants have it right? What about Muslims , Jews and all the thousands of Gods ? In other words, the question itself is erroneous because it gives us two choices between belief and non belief while in fact belief itself contains hundred if not thousand of choices (In Jesus, Zeus , Mohammed or ..Darth Vader). The question will be right only if belief IN JESUS  was the only possible belief. Otherwise you might go and see Zeus in the afterlife and he'll be even more furious that you believed in Jesus. So you'll lose even more than a non believer.
    The other problem with the idea is that it formulates belief as a switch that you just turn on, or as a "fake it until you make it " type of hypocritical ideology.

Very philosophical answer which isn't actually an answer. It's an explanation of why you don't want to answer the question. You are correct in one area, faith is a journey either towards or away from God. The journey starts with a choice. Make one.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

I finally decide to be a Stoogist. My God Moe and the other gods dislike the Xtian god because he molested a 13 year old child who was engaged to another man. Why didn't he simply find his own female. Whoop, woop, woop, my sisters! LOL!

3. Blessed Hill profile image59

She consented. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you spout BS. Makes you look like a stooge.

8. profile image0
    marcuscaineposted 7 years ago

But that is assuming that the Bible is true, I could make the same statement about the Quran. If the Quran was true, than having faith in Jesus would send you to hell.

If Hinduism and the Gita was true, then you would merely reincarnate into someone or something else.

If you are an orthodox Jew, you believe the Jesus was a heretic and you faith in Jesus would send you to hell.

If atheism was true, then you would have nothing to lose.

The point I am trying make is that you could end up losing a lot if you are wrong.

1. dianetrotter profile image61

The Quran was written after the Bible and changes words.  Muslims are to kill the infidels.  This is a forced relationship.  I've never met a reincarnated person.  If atheism is true, you lose the benefit of God walking w/ you daily and eternity

9. Ramona27 profile image53
    Ramona27posted 7 years ago

Loss is a part of everyone's life who comes in this world. No one person has complete positive life. We get losses and gain's according to our own deeds and transgressions. And not all gains because Jesus Christ has promised us. But he does helps us in our suffering.

1. dianetrotter profile image61

Amen!

10. profile image50
    News of the Yearposted 7 years ago

Religion is a personal thing. It's not up to others to force it on people through personal or legal means. There is no evidence to support the existence of a divine creator, and I find it laughable that Christians say the universe is too complex to have come about by accident, yet a being complex enough to create this complex universe came about...wait for it...by accident! If the Bible is the inerrant word of God, then that means that even one wrong fact will cause the whole thing to topple. Well, if you ever get leprosy, see how many hospitals use the Leviticus cure:

"(4) the priest shall order that two live clean birds and some cedar wood, scarlet yarn and hyssop be brought for the person to be cleansed. (5) Then the priest shall order that one of the birds be killed over fresh water in a clay pot. (6) He is then to take the live bird and dip it, together with the cedar wood, the scarlet yarn and the hyssop, into the blood of the bird that was killed over the fresh water. (7) Seven times he shall sprinkle the one to be cleansed of the defiling disease, and then pronounce them clean. After that, he is to release the live bird in the open fields."

Now, would you not agree that this is ineffective? If so, that indicates God's word was way off. If God's word is supposed to be inerrant, and the Bible contains a factual error, then clearly God made a mistake. I can't wait to see what your defense is.

1. Angele Parris profile image61

Defense -HERE GOES. Africa existed before Genesis. White people sold to him as slaves. Sickness and disease come from white people. Sabbath - God's day of rest. He needs someone who does not rest on the Sabbath -Jesus. How about trying lemon tea?

2. cam8510 profile image92
      cam8510posted 7 years agoin reply to this

News of the Year, on the bigger issue of the question presented to us, I am definitely in your corner.  But on this topic, I think the "Leviticus Cure" is ceremonial and sacrificial, which is in keeping with the book of Leviticus, not curative.

11. Renata Kell profile image71
    Renata Kellposted 7 years ago

I find it almost humorous that so many of you who proudly announce you do not believe in Jesus or Christianity have such anger when you voice your opinions. Most of you base it on being intellectually smarter than Christians but could not intellectually answer a simple question without belittling those who choose to believe. I do agree with those who say you can not just go from one extreme to another over night but if you ask most Christians they will tell you they are striving to be Christians and that at times in there life they too had questions. A true christian will not put you down for your opinion and will not try to force you to devote your whole existence to learning now. As far as Christians being abusive and cruel and whatever else I read that is not a christian that is being human and you can follow abuse all the way to the top of the food chain not just in a church or a house that pronounces their beliefs. I would love for one of you intellectually smarter and healthier than a christian writers to actually answer the question. What DO YOU have to lose. Choosing to believe in the Lord has never cost me a thing.

Thank you my sister (I think), couldn't have said it better myself. Funny how a simple question can get people so riled up.

12. profile image0
    Karen KLDposted 7 years ago

We have everything to lose if we do not follow Jesus. The Bible says He is the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father but through me.  People are lost without Jesus. Now is the time to ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and ask Him to be your Savior. He is the only way to heaven. Everyone will realize this one day. The Bible says every knee shall bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord. Sadly for some, it will be too late. People choose their eternal destination and it's either heaven or hell. I hope people will choose Jesus.

13. Roosters profile image60
    Roostersposted 7 years ago

What do I have to lose? My sense of reality for a start. Nasty nasty religion.

Believing in Jesus Christ is not a religion.

2. Damian10 profile image60
      Damian10posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am as much of a realist as you will ever find.  The older I get the stronger my faith in Jesus ( Yeshua ) becomes.  If you do not believe in God then you do not believe in history and archaeology.  The TeLDan Inscription, the Pilate Stone, etc,etc.

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

Damian, the Pilate Stone nor the Tel Dan inscription proves anything at all about Christianity. I don't see what you mean by their being so important to your beliefs. Can you explain?

4. profile image0
      Rick Myresposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am taught by the Holy Spirit and I love all of you and hope to see you all in Heaven.

14. Jim OSullivan profile image60
    Jim OSullivanposted 7 years ago

Google: Pascal's wager. The idea has been around for half a millennium. It was bad philosophy then, and it's still bad.

15. profile image56
    Arthur Kyleposted 7 years ago

Typical modern day answer from one of many millions who think religion is of no importance. Jesus Christ himself said that if you believe in Him by "Having Faith" and doing the things he wants by his teachings then you will be fine. Its a No Brainer!...when you think that he also said "Look to enter by the narrow door, as only a few will enter it " Yes we are human and sometimes we fall, we then get up again, by Gods grace (After repentance) and we go again. I pity you for having a seemingly hardened heart, quick to repel Christianity and Jesus, think carefully about what you are saying. If you can, in a instance, realise the complexity of this life and all creation, and the wonder of it all, try to imagine what waits for people unworthy of the eternal life God has promised us through Jesus's Suffering and his Crucifixion if we TRUST and BELIEVE IN HIM....key words are capitalised.
    Oh yes imagine the place opposite of purity and without sin ( Sin cannot enter Heaven)..eternal punishment.. many people assume that once we are dead we are dead ! How right they are! (In physicality maybe) but they overlook one thing...OUR SOUL is Eternal and cannot die...it wont die either it'll be in Eternal Glory or Eternal Suffering after we are judged.. oh and get this! NOBODY WILL ESCAPE THE JUDGEMENT...

Me , my own personal view is that I always deem myself unworthy...I pray to God regularly for guidance and for help, forgiveness, and people like yourself who is unknowingly further from God than they anticipate. To cap it all off its quite simple without a relationship with GOD we are nothing, and so it will all be answered at the appointed time.
    GOD BLESS ALL who read this article.

God has a chosen people. Africa has no snow. The British offer education to a percentage of the population in their territory. Jesus Christ through Paul offers salvation to those who were on their way to their religion's hell.

16. RudeDiaryLady profile image61
    RudeDiaryLadyposted 7 years ago

I have been a critic of the Bible since my Grannie put it in my face. The first thing I would like to state is- the arrogance of the church; has not only created a hole, for our generation to devour the consciousness of its ignorance but, it has created thick lines of separation between our generation and those before.

My Grannie was a minister in the Christian faith and her ignorance to the true faith, turned a lot of minor issues within our family to severely huge issues, that went to far, in accordance with the bible. The Bible tells you to, honor thy Mother and thy Father and your days will be longer but, is it wrong to ask God- who we are suppose to respect when our parents abandon us and hurt us with every opportunity one has. The Bible tells us that God made Adam and Eve and not Adam and Steve but, he says nothing about the suicides that his faith has caused due to this crude realization that homosexuality is wrong.

I have lost numerous friends and families because somehow and somewhere the Bible or the church tells, them that they cant hang with people who do not practice faith, as they due but, nothing in the bible tells you that this is OK. Even when we share moments together that shouldn't involve religion they are still turned off because God or their Pastor told them that it's against God to spend time with Sinners; even though these are the same sinners that your grew up with, these are the same sinners, that saved their butts, when God didn't get there in time. These are the same sinners that pulled you out of the whole you where thrown in by the same parents who told you, you was a sinner and they left you to mend for yourself. How can one be told to turn there back on someone because of faith- everything I believed about the Bible and Jesus, was that he loved the underdog but, somehow his followers shame the underdog; now.

This makes my understanding and belief in the system of organized religion; clear- its a shame. So you ask what is there to lose- one loses his soul and peace of mind.

1. Misfit Chick profile image74

Very good point. How many families have been torn apart by Christian 'beliefs'? My story is similar, except it is my mother that sees me as 'insane' and 'going to hell' - so, rejection. I haven't seen her in three years and it has been excrutiating.

When you stand before God one day and He asks you to give an account of your life He gave you, all those excuses and accusations will not hold water. He's going to say, "that's all fine and well, but what did you do with Jesus?" nothing else matters

3. Angele Parris profile image61

Read the entire book of Galatians.

I have heard it said many times, God does not need rest. This is an assumption, God did rest on the Sabbath day; not man. This is why God commands keep the Sabbath holy, to stay out of trouble, not worship him.

17. Shontrice Rean profile image59
    Shontrice Reanposted 7 years ago

Me personally, I don't believe you have anything to lose, especially if you have tried almost anything else:
    drugs
    alcohol
    etc

didn't work so why not try Jesus!

1. Aime F profile image71

You forgot sex and rock n' roll.

18. profile image54
    peter565posted 7 years ago

This kinda remind me of this comedy video I saw online https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2vy2ZTCAvs

I like Darkmatter. I will make a hub.; He has returned (Read Mark 9:1);  not be afraid of crosses - lots of black crosses after his death; Islam and the Jews should be at war; seated in heaven; atheists scared of Jesus; condoms offered in schools

2. profile image54
      peter565posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Why follower of Christ separated into 3 religion (Islam, Christian, Jews) that hate each other, and Christians and Islam are once again separated into different faith? Because he like seen us killing each other in his name

3. Angele Parris profile image61

Here goes an answer. God said that we all need an enemy. Therefore the seed of Ishmael (Islam) and the seed of Isaac (Jews) should be at war. The present day Jews are not the chosen people, therefore they have to accept His son (hence Christianity)

4. profile image54
      peter565posted 7 years agoin reply to this

smile

19. appsforwindow profile image59
    appsforwindowposted 7 years ago

you should believe in Jesus Christ

I lost my career. I lost my girlfriend. I nearly had a nervous breakdown. It took me nearly 5 years to undo the damage that Christianity did to me. Follow you and follow me, thanks friend

20. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 7 years ago

I was raised to believe in Jesus.  As a result, I wound up joining a group of people who turned their backs on me when I was in trouble, nearly ruining my life.  I managed to escape, and wound up becoming a member of a fabulous church that virtually saved my life twice.  However, Jesus did not work things out to keep me there, and circumstances forced me to leave it behind and sit helpless while my niece threw her life away to join a cult.
    Christianity has done a lot of wonderful things, but considering its bloody history full of bullying, bigotry, and victim-blaming, if I'd never heard of it, I would greatly hesitate to join.  You could lose everything to a being that may not even exist.  Even if he does, he apparently is grossly incompetant - ask any Holocaust survivor.

21. SusanVGrove profile image67
    SusanVGroveposted 7 years ago

Amen!  Thank-you for blessing me today.

Blessing to you,
    Susan

22. cam8510 profile image92
    cam8510posted 7 years ago

What do we have to lose? This sounds like a game we might find at a casino. Spin the wheel, watch it go round. If it stops on Jesus, you lose because you didn't double down on Christianity....just in case.  But wait, what about the other possibilities. Two bits on every religion. What do we have to lose?

Forget truth, just bet on the possibilities. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Paganism (sure, some may not be religions in the technical sense, but you can't be too careful) Don't miss one because there may be a lot to lose.

So when we finally cross over to the other side, we find out the truth.  What do we have to lose if we get there and find out we spent years bowing to a man who had no intentions of being a god? What do we have to lose if we gave ten percent of our income to organizations that specialized in spreading a gospel, good news that turned out to be no news at all or even bad news if we neglected real ways to alleviate suffering in the world.

Go ahead, double down on Jesus. If you're right, you go to heaven. If you're wrong, what the heck. You had a happy life jousting at windmills.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

I couldn't have spelled it better, Chris my friend.  tongue My sentiments exactly.

2. Angele Parris profile image61

Forget truth, just bet on the possibilities. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or Paganism. What if one of these bets is almost sure to win, what are the odds? Some of us never really lived the best life in this lifetime.

23. Joseph Ebedmelech profile image50
    Joseph Ebedmelechposted 7 years ago

Jesus said there is a reward for those who believe in him. This means that everyone who believe in Jesus would share in the inheritance of Jesus Christ. We know that God crowned Jesus King, implying that all who believe in the Lord Jesus are themselves kings and queens.

How can you be sure Jesus said anything at all? The gospels were written by unknown persons and not by any apostles at all. Besides that, the earliest gospel was penned over 60 years after Jesus' death. The other gospels were over 100 + years later .

How can you be sure about anything that anybody said or wrote more than a hundred years ago? You use common sense, reasoning, knowledge, wisdom and understanding to come to a decision whether to believe it's true or not. Same with everything.

3. Randy Godwin profile image59

I'm sorry BH, but things from 100 years ago are well documented by photographs, newspapers, and public records. Not true in the time of the Bible's authors. Word of mouth was the main news source and the average lifespan was only 40 years or so.

4. Blessed Hill profile image59

I said "more than", no wonder you don't understand the bible you can't read a simple sentence. Lol. Sounds like you were there, or that you have a very good source of information. Would love to read it.

5. Misfit Chick profile image74

Yes, common sense, logic, reason... These things are what debunks the bible; and it is why some Christians (not all) cannot see the light of the truth - because they're convinced they'll go to hell if they believe what science has proven. Research.

6. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

An interesting discussion. It seems to me that factual stuff would never lead someone to believing. Intellectualizing faith is kind of self defeating. Those lacking spirituality just are. There is no good or bad concept attached to it.

CM what came first, the creator or the created? You cannot find God through science. That's backwards. But God will make science a whole lot more relevant when He is the source of all truth and knowledge. Jesus came to restore Gen 1:26-28.

8. Angele Parris profile image61

I was asked what if Buddha or another god came back first? I thought Jesus was white, till I  found out that God is black. In Revelation they sang a new song to the lamb. Salvation is offered to those who are condemned. What do have to lose? Believe!

9. Misfit Chick profile image74

It doesn't have anything at all to do with 'intellectualizing'. Be brave, it is AMAZING what a few facts can bring to light! Read my hub, I lay life out via Jesus' original message in a plain way - it isn't complicated. There is no condemnation!

10. Ericdierker profile image45

I think that on reflection you will see my point. All the logic and proof in the world, and laid out explainable positions will not produce a relationship with God.It is like treating depression with aspirin. Proof and explain-ability cannot foster.

11. Misfit Chick profile image74

I'm not trying to produce a relationship with God for anyone - I'm trying to get you to see that there is more to God than we have been taught; and Jesus' original message is much more powerful. Of course, you don't know that bcuz you FEAR facts.

12. Randy Godwin profile image59

BH, all of the media mentioned are well over 100 years old and some are much older. In fact, the Romans kept meticulous records so why did such a miracle worker as Jr was said to be not mentioned in any writings at any time for more than 60 years?

13. Angele Parris profile image61

In Galatians 1: 17, Paul said that he did not go to Jerusalem, nor met with the disciples. Yet in Acts 9:20 he met the disciples in Jerusalem. I watched America's got Talent tonight. In heaven, the weatherman can only predict snow. What Color? Who kn

14. Blessed Hill profile image59

Jesus was called the Son of God so was caesar, which son of God do you think they are going to write about. Claiming to be a king in the Roman empire was punishable by death but why didn't pontias pilate want to do so after Jesus acknowledged he was?

Jesus clarified who he was 'king' over for Pilate, and he saw that he wasn't a threat to the state crown. It is interesting that you mention Caesar being 'god', also - the 'Imperial Cult' is one that became meshed with Christianity to unite Rome.

16. Ericdierker profile image45

Catherine, I think I see now what you are getting at. I certainly did not mean to discount your opinion and the point you are trying to make.

17. Misfit Chick profile image74

Right. Its not that I don't believe in Jesus at all - its that most people (not all) have his original messages twisted because of the pagan slants that were incorporated centuries later. If the pagan twists weren't harmful - I really would not care.

18. Ericdierker profile image45

Catherine, it is really quite strange that most Christians get to know Christ through the Bible. NKJV - really? Council of Nicea - really? Some books like "Wisdom" not in some Bibles? Belief simply must be extraordinary or not at all.

19. profile image0

I did not inherit my faith from any human person I got my faith as a gift from the Holy Spirit. Jesus was not just a man He is God.

24. sunkentreasure profile image65
    sunkentreasureposted 7 years ago

Thank You Jesus

There's no other friend

so true and so faithful

There's no other love

so precious, so dear

There's no other joy

so rich and fulfilling

There's no other grace

so kind and so rare

There's no other one

who has done

more for the world

than Jesus.

Amen!
      Hallelujah, praise you Lord for your goodness, your grace, your loving kindness and everlasting mercy. Jesus be exalted and God be magnified. Amen.

25. profile image53
    cuonghellomediaposted 7 years ago

We are human and sometimes we fall, we then get up again, by Gods grace and we go again.
    - Agario -

1. Ericdierker profile image45

What a wonderful world if this is true, accepting repentance.

26. Constantcash profile image61
    Constantcashposted 7 years ago

I am so glad to live in a part of the world where we are able to have this discussion openly without fear of being killed.
    Belief in Christ and what he did for us is indeed a choice.
    But first we should examine what he did. For those who are too sophisticated to that then there is no need to run them down.

The choice is theirs and at least they will not be able to say they did not know.
    For those of us who have made the choice to follow Christ and accept his awesome gift then the way we treat others should come from a place of love for one another and nothing else.

The question a lot of people will now ask is - Is America really a Christian country? I have heard many Christian pastors comment that we need to return to the standards of the founding fathers. Most of us think that we have not reached our goal yet.

I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology... To make one half the world fools and the other half hypocrites; to support roguery over all the earth. Jefferson

3. Damian10 profile image60

Constant:
      Very well said.  I can only pray for those who do not believe.  I am always humbled by His sacrifice.  I only realize that I have so much work to do.

4. Misfit Chick profile image74

And the world continues to suffer simply because know-it-all Christians refuse to research or believe anything other than they have been taught - lies, or not. Jesus came 'just like us' to FREE peeps from pagan religions - and they cling, instead.

5. Ericdierker profile image45

That debate between Peter and Paul, showed clearly that the first understanding by the man closest to Christ -- believed before a revelation that the goal was to save Jews. Jews are not and were not a pagan religion. What are your thoughts on that?

6. Misfit Chick profile image74

I think that since Kabbalah is being thought of as the 'law' Jesus came to fulfil instead of the Jewish laws we are more familiar with - which is closer to the religion Jesus lived with - it stands to reason he came to correct Jewish 'beliefs' also.

The real reason Jesus came was to restore humanity to our original creative purpose. For the Jews He had to fulfill the law to redeem them from the curse of the law. For the Gentiles He brings us back to the God of Abraham, a Gentile.

8. Ericdierker profile image45

I just found this an interesting notion that man can postulate and declare what the intent of God is. I am not saying we can or cannot. But it seems we even have trouble with our own intent sometimes, "The real reason Jesus came"

9. Blessed Hill profile image59

Excuse me Eric but if Man lost relationship and fellowship with God because of sin and Jesus died to redeem us from the curse of sin, what is He redeeming us TO? The whole narrative of the bible is redeeming FROM and restoring TO. The HOW is FAITH.

10. Misfit Chick profile image74

'Faith' is very misunderstood - as is sin, redemption, salvation, etc. Jesus came to save people from pagan untruths no matter which religion they belonged to. He certainly wasn't the 1st man claimed to be the 'Son of God' nor the last.

27. Spencer Wouldhe profile image57
    Spencer Wouldheposted 7 years ago

You have everything to lose, especially your clients personal information. Thats why you should choose a trusted solution from JW Software

FileHandler

Claims Administration System Browser-based multi-line system designed to support carriers, third-party administrators, public entities and self-insured organizations in administering claims for all lines of business.

JWSOFTWARE.COM

28. profile image51
    LouisCiferposted 7 years ago

The problem is that Christians don't understand that the concept of vicarious redemption itself is an utterly immoral belief. Any God who insists that this is the truth and the way and humanely moral in any sense, while threatening your resistance with destruction, would not be a deity worth worshiping.

For example, let's imagine that you murdered an innocent person and came to me, your friend, and told me that you did it.
    As your loving friend, I definitely could turn myself in to the authorities, saying it was me who committed the crime of murder, and to be sentenced to life imprisonment or even be given the death penalty on your behalf (in your stead).
    I could do that for you out of love.
    But it would not erase the truth - that it was in fact you, not me, who actually murdered that person.
    And my act of sacrifice for you in this way would also not erase the guilt you would almost certainly hold (unless you are a human sociopath) for the rest of your life for murdering that innocent person.

Christianity suggests that we can cast all of our crimes, no matter how heinous, and absolve ourselves of all accountability, placing them firmly upon the head of innocent individual who lived in the illiterate, nomadic Bronze Age Middle-East.  Personally, I would never do this.  If I did something wrong, then I should face the consequences. It's exactly the same infantile, ritualistic method used by Bedouin herdsman hundreds of years before Jesus Christ who cast their so called sins, spells and bad luck upon goats with paint, and then sent them out to wander and die alone in the desert sands (a.k.a. scapegoating), freeing the Bedouin tribe of evil outcomes and ominous fates, only temporarily of course.

Christianity is a Bronze Age, immoral, scapegoating blood cult. Nothing more.
    But probably the worst part of Christianity comes in the form of an overt, pernicious threat within the blood-stained pages of the Bible that unless you lay prostrate and subjugate yourself to this vicarious redemption and resurrection narrative and to kneel before capricious Yahweh himself, that you will be annihilated of life and tortured forever in death.

I will never rule out that a god exists in the universe. But to suggest that any such god far away or close to earth genuinely cares about what you do, what you think, what you wear, what you eat, in what position you have sexual congress, and with whom, is an exponential absurdity not worthy of worship and re-organizing one's life.

1. cheaptrick profile image75
      cheaptrickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"I will never rule out that a God exists in the universe"
      "And I will pray to a Big God"-Peter Gabriel-

This is the best answer I've seen in here, yet - that is exactly right. It isn't that 'God' doesn't care, he/she is incapable of perceiving our physical reality as we do. He can only 'read hearts' and is all-understanding. No judgements. Research.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image80
      Say Yes To Lifeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Cheap trick - what song comes after"Big Time" on that Peter Gabriel album?
      "We Do What We're Told".

29. profile image0
    Rick Myresposted 7 years ago

I believe in Jesus and believe Him. Jesus is my Lord and Saviour praise the name of Jesus! Thank you for posting that question and giving me opportunity to share my faith. God bless you!

30. Andri Tanuwijaya profile image58
    Andri Tanuwijayaposted 7 years ago

You have nothing to lose, because you just believe in Jesus Christ from your bottom of your heart, can happen in your daily routine.
    And when you truly trust Him,it will come from your pure heart.
    Especially when you feel alone,and you just need someone just listen to your heart deeply. He know what is in your heart.

31. Chriswillman90 profile image91
    Chriswillman90posted 7 years ago

When technological advances start transforming humans, extending their lives, and eliminating maladies then what will that mean for all religions?

I believe in what I choose to believe and that's how it should be. Arguably strict theologists already took centuries of progress away that resulted in millions of unnecessary deaths. Personally I don't believe in something that has stunted Humanity for that long, it goes beyond Jesus I know, but nowadays everyone links one man to a single concept. That in itself is ridiculous.

If I had to spend eternity in heaven with people who believe in fairy tales it would be more like hell than anything else, Rick. I couldn't abide all of the praising god and singing, especially church music. LOL! Please don't pray to your god for me!

32. StephanieWeemhoff profile image64
    StephanieWeemhoffposted 7 years ago

Faith in Jesus Christ does not promise abundant life now. If by abundant you are referring to the blessings of peace, comfort, love, joy, patience...then yes, those are our inheritance abundantly. Abundance in heaven means being the presence of God, our creator. Neither of these mentions money, fame, physical comfort, luxurious possessions. Actually the Bible talks about being persecuted, uncomfortable, living against what is popular to please Him. Yes, eternal life in heaven (away from hell) and with God is the greatest inheritance. What do you have to lose...by disbelieving, your soul. By believing you lose your life controlled by sin's power, and your will to live as you please apart from obedience to God's Word.

33. Jane Grey profile image80
    Jane Greyposted 7 years ago

Well, in the words of Jesus: "For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it." What do you have to lose? Your life! What do you have to gain? The life of Christ.

Here's what I have been losing ever since Christ has had His way with me.

my pride
    my selfishness
    my consuming fears
    my anger
    my lust
    my self-righteousness.

Jesus promises an abundant life in eternity, but for now, He says that we will have struggles and hardships that will refine us and make our character like gold. More valuable to him, to ourselves, and to others. He gives us life "in abundance", meaning eternal life, but He doesn't promise that life will be relaxing, full of wealth or health! That's a false gospel. Look at His most devoted followers in the New Testament, and how they suffered torturous deaths for Christ. Look at His most devoted followers now, and you'll see the most peace-loving, most greatly oppressed people on the planet.

1. Damian10 profile image60

Amen.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

There's no proof JC said anything at all, Jane. All of the gospels are simply hearsay written long after he was supposed to have lived. So in reality, Jesus said nothing of the sort. Sorry....

3. Blessed Hill profile image59

True. Randy is an expert in naysaying, nothing else.

4. profile image0

In the Bible Jesus said if you have seen me you have seen the Father.
      John 14:9 King James Version
      9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;

5. Randy Godwin profile image59

Actually no, BH, but I have taken the time to research the Bible's history as to how it came to be rather than risk my soul on a complete fabrication as you apparently have done. When someone says, "Jesus said..." they don't know doodley squat!

6. profile image0

Randy you do not HAVE to believe the scriptures. That is your own decision.

7. Randy Godwin profile image59

I already knew that without your permission, Rick. Time was this wasn't possible as one could be murdered for such by Christians. You could have ratted on me back then--judged me if you want to refer to it that way--and I would have been "purified".

8. profile image0

You are stuck in the nay saying mode and speaking against God. Satan has your heart. Jesus loves you and I love you in Jesus.

9. Misfit Chick profile image74

People who R trying to get the truth about God across to people who are generally misinformed are not 'speaking against God' nor 'naysaying'. Its the 21st Century - time to become informed. The gospels were proven pagan manipulations a long time ago.

10. profile image0

God is the Father Son and Holy Spirit and nobody without Jesus can stop us.

11. Randy Godwin profile image59

And you are stuck in the dark ages. Rick. Have you even researched the origin of the Bible at all? I'll wager you inherited your religion as most do. Thank goodness these supernatural beliefs are dying out as people are better educated, Rick.

12. profile image0

Lol Jesus loves you and I love you in Jesus.

13. Randy Godwin profile image59

You are indeed a Xtian, Rick. You like to preach but don't care to answer questions about your beliefs. You really don't know much about your faith, do you?

14. profile image0

I know what I know about my own faith. But who has asked me questions about my faith?

The truth about the reality of the message that Jesus (a real human being) was actually teaching is so much more powerful than what most C's have in their head. Plus, there is no inferiority complex to impose upon your kids. Reseach is life-giving.

16. Randy Godwin profile image59

Okay Rick, here's a question about your faith. Did you inherit your faith from your family, or did you examine all of the possibilities and then choose the familiar one?

17. profile image0

The Holy Spirit is life giving through Jesus. Praise the name of Jesus!!

18. Randy Godwin profile image59

Preach on, Rick! Jesus never existed you know. The Jews knew that long ago but you guys are still living a lie. Good luck with that!

19. Misfit Chick profile image74

Actually, Rick is responding the way C's are taught to respond - and he's feeling awfully smug about it, I'm sure. He's got your goat, ha! Whatever. That truth is twisted, and most people embedded into it don't care to untwist it - or, they would.

20. profile image0

Thank you Randy for your nice encouragement.

21. Damian10 profile image60

The same God created each and every one of us.  Man makes errors God does not.  Jesus loves us and He went to the cross for us.  What a person believes is up to them.  Each has his own relationship or lack there of.  The prophesy is there.

22. Randy Godwin profile image59

God doesn't make errors, Damian? What about the great flood? He didn't see the fall of mankind coming before he drowned everyone and most of the innocent animals? Of course, even you probably don't believe the plagiarized tale of the flood, or do you

23. Damian10 profile image60

I believe in the Bible.  If some of it seems supernatural it is just that.  I also believe in history and archaeology.  I mentioned Tel Dan because it shows there was a King David and a House of David.  Pilate stone denotes the governor of Judea.

24. Randy Godwin profile image59

The problem Damian, is simply because the Bible mentions well known people and places. doesn't prove the bible is accurate in other claims. Gone With The Wind also used real people and places--Atlanta, Lincoln--but the story itself  was fiction.

25. Damian10 profile image60

Perhaps but if you consider the Old Testament one would have to believe in an awful lot of coincidence.  The prophesies have come to pass.
      Hoping you are well Randy and when will you be writing another one of those very enjoyable stories of yours?

26. Randy Godwin profile image59

Pleased we can disagree without rancor, Damian. smile I'm working on another tale as we speak. Rather long, I'm afraid. LOL!  What prophesies?

27. Damian10 profile image60

Destruction of the Great Temple still in ruins today.  May 14, 1948 Israel becoming a nation again.  Psalm 22 and the for telling of the crucifixion written before crucifixion was even invented.   Waiting 8 days to circumcise a male baby.  1932 coagu

28. Randy Godwin profile image59

Are these prophesies after the fact or even events meant to make the prophesies come true, Damian? And there's the prophesy of the Messiah being a great military leader, and well, he wasn't. One of the reasons the Jews didn't recognize JC as the one.

29. Damian10 profile image60

In Revelation He is that great military leader.  Psalms is Old Testament and written centuries before Christ.  Not sure on the make it fit thing.  You obviously believe in great coincidence and I simply do not.  How is it that you know the Bible well

30. Randy Godwin profile image59

I too was intended to inherit my beliefs from my parents, Damian. However, I disobey the preachers and delved into what is actually know about the Bible and it's authors. Other than places and well known rulers, there's not much evidence of truth.

31. Blessed Hill profile image59

Misfit could you please tell me where the "real" message of Jesus is documented that you keep referring to.

32. Misfit Chick profile image74

I wrote a hub detailing it, but you can do your own research on things like why so many Christians have been deconverting into Kabbalah & Buddhism - along with the huge controversy on Paul's teachings. Also, why are there C-versions of yoga &

33. Ericdierker profile image45

this is really interesting. I guess I will have to go find reasons for my faith.

34. Misfit Chick profile image74

I was a C once. I lost my beliefs bcuz I was trying to confirm them - I had questions. That is how most peeps start out - not to 'find reasons' for our faith. Many C's discover this & stay in church - I might have had it been acceptible back then

35. Damian10 profile image60

For both the believer and the non-believer.  Do you really think that God thinks that He has to fit in our little boxes and make clear for our reasonability and rational.  If we do then we are even more naïve than we think.  He is God.  We are not.

36. Blessed Hill profile image59

Misfit - I really tried reading your hub, but it never really gets to the issue of Jesus' main message. It's a lot of gnosticism, scepticism and Scientology trying to use man's reasoning to discredit the bible. Man's arrogance will always blame God.

37. Misfit Chick profile image74

That isn't true, I may have an intro that is too long for you (sorry, I give a little background) - but there is a heading towards the top that is called: 'What was the original message of Christ' that goes into John 3. I didn't discover it on my own

38. profile image0

Misfit, you mentioned John 3. That chapter is filled with a lot of being born again. You must be born again to see the Kingdom. I was just like you before with no conversations about it. I thought I was a Christian but was not.

39. Misfit Chick profile image74

You haven't heard about current re-interpretations yet, Rick. There are reasons why many C's are altering beliefs - *I* didn't come up with them. I have a few links at the top that are good places to start researching from. Changes R not easy or fast

40. profile image0

Re - interpretations of what or Who?

41. Blessed Hill profile image59

The born again message preached to Nicodemus is an allegory, a concealed truth. Which is why Jesus said that carnally minded people won't get it. The "water" He talks about is not baptism but rather the water of the womb. Truth is hidden for us.

42. profile image0

Randy I thought I answered the question about my faith. But I cannot find my answer to it. So here it is no I did not inherit my faith from my parents. I got it from the Holy Spirit then confessed and I asked Jesus in and been blessed ever since.

43. rimbin profile image60

You are correct.Jesus didn't told anything about the life on earth but He told about the life in paradise.But through life struggles He will help us to live in the world.

44. profile image0

Jesus said if we must be born again to see the kingdom of God.

45. rimbin profile image60

Rick Myres what is mean by "Born again"

46. profile image0

Born of the water (your mother) then born of the blood of Jesus. Spiritually.

47. Blessed Hill profile image59

Being "born again" is covenant speech which Jews should understand which is why Jesus was so hard on Nicodemus, a Pharisee an expert in the covenants of God. Through the blood covenant of Jesus we who believe are adopted 'born again' into God's famil

48. Randy Godwin profile image59

So Rick, you simply made a wild stab at religion and came away a Xtian? LOL! So none of your family had been religious before you? Tell the truth if you can.

49. profile image0

Oh made a stab AT religion? Not really. I live by faith in Jesus. Thanks for asking.

50. Misfit Chick profile image74

What is the current controversy around Paul's teachings? It doesn't sound like any of you are aware of it. Yes, the story between J & N is different than the pagan slant that C's have been taught. Paul & J's message was exactly the same.

51. profile image0

Imagine that? Paul said some of the same things Jesus did. It was because Paul became a true believer of and in Jesus.

34. Alice Fedd profile image52
    Alice Feddposted 7 years ago

Hello to everyone in here My name is ALICE FEDD , i am from LONDON(UK) , i quickly want to use this medium of opportunity to testify how the great herbal DR IMONAH  cured me from my long suffered Fibromyalgia in just 4 weeks , it all started some years ago i was having Cognitive and memory problems, Trouble sleeping, Morning stiffness, Headaches. Irritable bowel syndrome, Painful menstrual periods, Numbness or tingling of hands and feet Restless legs syndrome. which i went for a test and my doctor told me that i am diagnosed of Fibromyalgia which he said also cannot be cured . So i suffered from this Illnes for some time, and each day i was praying for God to change my situation because my health was becoming dilapidated by the day. i tried so many kind of medication, but no one came to light. i surf the internet several times and did not see any one who gave me a better alternative to what my doctor said. So one day i came across some testimonies of some people claiming they were cured of a disease by a Herbal doctor whose name was DR IMONAH with his herbs. So i begin to wonder and think because sometimes ago my doctor once told me that there is power in herbal medicine. So i looked for a way to contact this said herbal doctor as to see if he can palliate the pains i was going through. i contacted him explained to him my problems , and behold he gave me some good hope which was that he have the herbs that cures it very fast. so i begin to wonder if he can really help. But i hold onto my God and i decided to him this herbal DR IMONAH a try. he counseled me and after which we made necessary arrangement and he sent the herbs he called the magical herbs of Fibromyalgia . i followed his instructions on how to take it, and behold in just a week after i started taking his herbs, i was getting great relief, and some of the symptoms were really going out. i continued for the nest week, and my brethren guess what? it was really like a magic the herbs cured me in just two weeks, but i did not fully recover that quick but i was cured. So gradually i begin to recover and as i speak to you i am Fibromyalgia free. i no longer suffer from Fibromyalgia or feel those nasty symptoms i use to have before. Now i can walk very well, go about my day to day business and in fact i am now in a prefect state of health. so please i want to use this medium to plead with all of you here still suffering from Fibromyalgia or any other SICKNESS please and please don't waste time , contac

35. Let-freedom-rigng profile image60
    Let-freedom-rigngposted 7 years ago

Well, I think he is trying to take away some of our sins, but that is not really a bad thing. It is for our own best interests.

36. Shyron E Shenko profile image70
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 7 years ago

I have everything to lose by not believing, by everything I mean my soul.
    The bible is true and my faith is my hope and without that faith/hope all is lost.
    Blessings

1. profile image0

I totally agree with you. God bless you!

37. SplendidSplendour profile image60
    SplendidSplendourposted 7 years ago

Beliving in Jesus Christ is not just about the reward but more about the eternal salvation that is imparted into out spirit the moment we receive him.

38. gconeyhiden profile image63
    gconeyhidenposted 7 years ago

What if I told you I believe in Jesus but not in supernatural terms. Would that be enough for you.  What if I told you Jesus message is good but he isn't God.  Would that be acceptable.  What do I have to loose you ask? How about my own opinion on things. By the way missionaries are losing their lives all the time.

1. profile image0

Jesus is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

39. India-Nepal profile image61
    India-Nepalposted 7 years ago

Amen, sister (or brother!!). That is absolutely true. Though you lose a lot in this world, this counts nothing in comparison to what you get after your worldly life.

When I was saved by Christ from yoga and meditation demons (who tried to possess me), I told all my readers about what has happened to me.

At that time (and this happened only recently) I was a new age blogger. So when I drastically changed my message after discovering the deception, and deleted all my articles and books, I received so many comments of threats, hatred and slander - just for accepting Jesus as my savior.

That's the reason even now I don't want to share this account with my past followers, since then I'll receive lots of hate comments, so I'm waiting for those haters to get bored with me sharing Bible quotes until they unsubscribe from my social accounts. I even had to delete my facebook account with 12,000 followers.

So I lost my reputation. I lost some of my friends. The ones that remain think I'm crazy. Some are seriously worried about me and keep asking if I'm ok. Nobody was worried when I was deep in the occult - Hinduism, Buddhism and so forth. But they started worrying when I started reading the Bible. How interesting.

This world is totally ruled by Satan. Start talking about the Bible in public and see the reaction. It's likely to be intense. There's a power in that Holy Book. But those who are blinded by Satan will never understand the verses and will automatically attack, being Satan's tools.

Be strong in Christ, sister (or brother).

1. profile image0

God bless you and hang in there my dear sister in Christ! I know what you mean about sharing Jesus with others especially online. The world is indeed blinded by Satan and his lies. Their spiritual blindness can only be cured by the Holy Spirit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)