We Must Take A Stand For Righteousness

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (210 posts)
  1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

Hi everyone, I believe in keeping the faith in God's holy word. All of the terrible things taking place in the world today is true prophecy of what is written in the bible. To all of the true and humble servants of God. Why must we take a stand for righteousness?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What is the latest prophecy which has come to pass as predicted?  Be specific please!

1. kirstenblog profile image79
        kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it supposed to be the Jews establishing the state of Israel which of course happened at the end of WW2, I gotta say all this dooms day stuff is taking waaaaaay to long. Next will be if the dome of the rock is destroyed and rebuilt which they want to do, and there are Americans who are supporting and pushing for that just to fulfill what they believe is prophesy. I think that is what gives me the heebe jeebe's, that people not only believe it but actively try to push for the events predicted to happen.

I notice the OP hasn't bothered to respond to my question about the "claimed fulfilled prophecies."  The bible thumpers have  touted these signs for thousands of years but all of them have died before their claims were proven right.  Unfortunately, there are always others ready to carry on the threats contained in their old novel.

1. earnestshub profile image79
            earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

New threats are on their way. The bible has thousands of them, so despite the FACT that it is all fantasy. lol

Yo Earnest!  Threats are a major facet of the christian religion!  Without them, adherents have no power to feel "holier than thou."  Usually the only thing in their lives they have to feel better than others about!  So very sad!

2. aguasilver profile image71
            aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There you go, you just fulfilled another of them....

2 Peter 3:2-4 (Amplified Bible)

That you should recall the predictions of the holy (consecrated, dedicated) prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior [given] through your apostles (His special messengers).

To begin with, you must know and understand this, that scoffers (mockers) will come in the last days with scoffing, [people who] walk after their own fleshly desires

And say, Where is the promise of His coming? For since the forefathers fell asleep, all things have continued exactly as they did from the beginning of creation.

3. Dana62 profile image60
            Dana62posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello,
                I accepted God as my savior when I was 11 years old and was filled with the Holy Ghost at the age of 17 and have never regretted a day of his love and peace. It is such an awesome feeling to know without a doubt that I am a child of God, one of his children, someone special if to no one else but him. Someone that has never felt that has nothing to compare it to for no love on this earth can come close to the love he has for all of us, even those that do not believe in him.
                The only difference between the believers and the non-believers is that the believers are in the inner circle, receiving the blessings of God and the non-believers are in the outside always looking in because they cannot grasp the fact that there is anything "out there" who is bigger than they could ever imagine; they stand at the window looking through a dirty pane trying to see in where the light shines, criticizing the ones on the inside for having what they do not, ridiculing their belief when deep down, they long for the happiness those on the inside have but to proud to say... "God......Please forgive me" to get it.
                I have often wondered what would happen to believers if we one day find all this "Christian stuff" is not real..... then I think even if it were not true... we are still better off than others because for a short time we believed it to be real and had a gentle peace to glory in, an undying love no matter what we did or said that made us feel special no matter what, and the kind of happiness that we can get no other place on earth.  Then.... I wonder what if they (the non-believers) find they have been wrong and God does exist and his love is real as are his blessings, healing,...ect; I see them still standing on the outside of the window but this time they realize what they refused to see before and are now beating on the window begging to come inside, hoping someone is listening to them, and PRAYING for someone to open the door for them so they can come in.
                There is such a difference in a Godly prophet and one that is not... The difference is that God ordains the message of the Godly to uplift his children and give them hope where the Devil uses his followers to bring down the chosen few and take from them the peace God has given them.
                Have you ever wondered why the Devil works so hard to destroy the Christians? I think it is because he once had what have now and he already knows what is in store for us who believe as does he know what is in store for him when all is said and done.... and he is jealous because he once had it too and gave it away and is angry because he can never get what he had as an Angle back again and is now and forever angry for his mistake.
                For Christians who stay ever vigilant and always looking up, it matters not whether the prophecies are fulfilled because they do not doubt his realness but, for the ones that do not believe and are seeing the prophecies coming true one by one...  are angry because they do not have what we have, what we believe in... the joy, love, and hope of something better.
                We must remember to be vigilant and prepared for the fight for our souls because the Devil never sleeps, he never gives up, he is always looking for away to destroy our belief system and our faith even if it means he uses those we are the closet to, the ones we love, those that we works with or go to church with. They only ones safe.... are the ones that keep the heart in one with God and they minds free of the world trying to tear them down.
                What if you are wrong? What if what you have always believed in God is not real but then what if that you never believed in him is wrong? I still think believing in him and his revelations are much more rewarding than not believing in him.
                It only takes three small words that hold so much power that is shakes the throne of GOD….. “PLEASE FORGIVE ME”.

Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Dana, You explained exactly how the devil works so well, and I appreciate you for sharing. The devil never gives us, and God doesn't give up either.

1. Dana62 profile image60

The righteous will prevail even through the struggles that makes us stronger in faith and courage.

1. profile image50
                  paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With our will power, praying to the Creator-God Allah YHWH and seeking His help to overcome devil; one could be successful in becoming righteous.
                  Thanks

I see you ignored the advice to reconsider the word "righteous" after accepting it. lol
                    What happened? Did your religiosity get in the way again?

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image78
              schoolgirlforrealposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe in God and am devout but He hasn''t cured me, I've suffered terribly. I believe it is my cross to help others' souls

1. alternate poet profile image66
                alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How many times have I heard this whingeing self pitying condescension !!!   I take it your ancestors were Irish - and your aunts were among the nuns who moaned this day after day ?

4. wilmiers77 profile image61
            wilmiers77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Randy, how about the warning that is in part of a prophecy?  Do we not repair bridges over waters when we realize the danger of the potential collapsing of the bridges; thereby avoiding the full prophecy of the bridges total collapse unto its end? This is being in the grace period. If one continual to repair the bridge as warning of need to repair, than that grace period shall expire, and even with repairs to the bridge it shall collapse;  killing all on the bridge.

2. aguasilver profile image71

Birth of the red heifer, cause a whole heap of consternation when it happened.

That leaves about 37 still to be fulfilled (all referring to the end times)out of just under 700 made in scripture, and surprise surprise, biblical prophesy has a 100% success ratio.

My cattle herd has had many red heifers born into it over the years!  Big deal!  This prophecy is vague and in no way indicative of anything!  Got something which isn't so subjective?

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60

Amen, God's word has to come pass because God is perfect, and he can't lie. 100% accuracy

3. profile image48
        AsIfItMattersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there is a prophecy that there will be a prophecy which is yet to come true, well you gotta wait and patience is virtue. After many decades the self fulfilling prophecy will change to "there was no prophecy, it was a test of patience which none passed". Getting the broader perspective now ?

Hi AsfltMatters, actually there are prophecies  in the bible that has already come true. Have you ever read the bible? The prophecies are being revealed everyday. I can see prophecy being fulfilled in this forum and the other christian forums, when people who don't believe in God mock, manipulate by twisting the words of the christians, speaking badly against God, and so much more. No, I don't see your broader perspective. I can only hope that you wake up and smell the coffee.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If someone wanted to start a cult, wouldn't they want to indoctrinate their followers to believe that anyone who mocks their cults gods be part of that belief system, knowing only too well that others will in fact mock their gods?

It isn't prophecy, it's planning. smile

2. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We Must Take A Stand For Righteousness.

That means that you think you are better than others. Must be nice to be selfish in view.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
        LeslieAdrienneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil,

She didn't mean it like that. We are only definining righteousness as "right standing withGod"or salvation... of course, politically this has specific ramifications......but, we are not better than anyone.  In fact, we clearly remember what we where so, we should have a greater understanding of the way other people feel.

1. Cagsil profile image70

That would mean that you are "re-defining" the actual term.

So much for following along your true religious faith. hmm

And, I know what the term means and that's why I said what I said.

We will not argue with you Cagsil.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Cags,

Not redefining the term....taking it from the Greek word that was used to represent the concept.....There are a lot of words translated from the Greek that are supposed to represent the original concept that are very inaccurate.

And, certainly not suggesting that you didn't know its modern definition....I just have to stand up fot Woman of Courage....

no, I don't think I am better than anyone Cagsil. I am not a selfish person. I love everyone.

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Woman of Courage,

We must take take a stand for righteousness because it is a mandate. We are the salt of the earth. And as such we have a responsibility to share the faith, forgive quickly, apologize sincerely and love unconditionally. It is the will of the Lord.

Thanks for the wonderful message Leslie. Yes all of those things is required of us. I love unconditionally everyday.

2. Dana62 profile image60

I could not have said this better. "Amazing grace. How sweet the sound. that saved a WRETCH like me." We are but SINNERS who have been saved by grace. We are no better than the lost....... just more blessed!

roll

4. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are inundated with the inhumanity in our world. People are suffering and struggling and losing hope. We have hope and we must share it.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You do not have hope. You have wishful thinking which sets you apart from other people and causes division and conflict. Sharing when you have been repeatedly asked not to is abuse. I mean - whenever I ask some one to stop spreading their religion - I get told they must share it and they are not interested in the fact that other people do not want to hear it. They do not care what other people want. And it is all my fault for not agreeing with what you tell me. lol

And this is peace, love and respect. sad

1. h.a.borcich profile image60

Mark,
             ROTFLMFAO  Find a shrink...you have serious SERIOUS issues!
             The forum is public when you post, but it is not when I post?
             Get help.

I am the one with issues? You think you have hope that you must share?

Delusional in the extreme. The "hope," that you are special and will not actually die becoz - after waiting 4.5 billion years for the appropriate moment, an invisible super being became his own son, came down to earth and killed himself to save us from the sin we are born into because a talking snake convinced a woman made from a man's rib to eat an apple?

And I need to see a shrink? hmm

lol lol lol

So true! We are crazy not to buy a convincing story like this one!

So many mad people don't believe this for some unaccountable reason! lol lol lol

1. mom101 profile image61
                mom101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

earnest, no need to buy anything. its free.

Good one mom.....smile lol

Yes I can see you are both terribly clever! smile

2. h.a.borcich profile image60

Sharing hope with a hurting world is the right thing to do even if you disagree.
                Your behaviorial problem is your problem. Once again, you change my words, ASSume you know what I believe, and show your bully tactics loud and clear. Get over yourself and get help!

h.a.borich      you go girl

3. mom101 profile image61

mark. yep

Mark,

I was reading this blog and as you can see I have noted your response of Christians not having hope but of wishfull thinking. I wonder if you have ever concidered the idea that you may be wrong. What if just for one minute you are worng in your belief, what then? If God is real, if  hope in him in realistic, if God did die for us all so that we have the opportunity to a life with him one day... would you have any regrets? Would you wish for time to make it right?

Living your life by "what if" isn't living life. hmm

Of course it is. Each day we wake up and contemplate whether to get out of bed or not, what will happen if we stay in bed and do nothing or get up and do the things we need to do to survive.  we wonder if we can make it home on an empty tank of gas or should we stop for gas before then, but first in the back of our mind we wonder what if we dont.... what then will happen. for most of on on empty, we stop for the closet gas station to refill other chance it but all wonder what if.... this is true in most things if we but concider whether to do or not do. A husband is asked to stop for chocholate on the way home and he so tired he doesn't want to but that little voice in his head considers what if I just go straight home... what if I don't bring her the chocholate..... some dont care one way or the other but I think most in this situation knows what will happen and chooses to stop because  they already know the what if.... and would rather not have to deal with it.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
                Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I don't understand this example.  Why doesn't the husband just explain that he was too tired to stop by the store to get one candy bar.  In fact why doesn't the wife get off her ass and get the chocolate bar, is she pregnant or sick or something?

Maybe the wife is neither and all she wanted to do was fix her tired husband something chocholate because she loves him for all he does. Yes she could go and get it herself but maybe she has 5 little kids at home and dinner on the stove too and it would be easier for him to stop by the store on his way home than it would be for her to pack up all the children, place dinner on the back burner, drive to the store, get all the children out of the car and into the store and then back out to repeat the process then get home and finish what she started an hour ago only to find dinner is ruined because it set to long and the kids are fighting and she has to solve all their problems then the husband walks through the door..... my point is the what ifs..... they are part of life even if we do not realize them at the time. I do not think any of us can truthfully say we do not consider.... what if...

That's a good point, but again, why can't the guy just tell her that he's too tired, and she can explain that she wants to make hot chocolate for him and the kids.  If he likes the idea he'll get it and if he's too tired, he'll get it tomorrow.  Communication usually clears up a lot of problems.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

LOL In the extremely unlikely event that you are correct - I would rather burn in hell for all eternity than grovel to the psychotic nutcase described in the babble. I would spit in its face and tell it to do its worst.

What if you are wrong? Think of all the ill will and conflict you cause by threatening people with this nonsense. It will be too late to change it then.

God died for me? What a ridiculous notion. How arrogant of you. lol Clearly you do not understand one word of the babble.

Mark,
              Thank you for your response to my post. If and I say if I am wrong then I have lost nothing in believing in the hope that there will be something better for us one day... a better life... a better home...ect. If I am wrong.....I am no worse off for choosing to love and lift people up instead of mocking them and trying to tear them down or apart. 
              Have you ever given something to someone simply becasue you had more than they do? Have you ever helped someone simply because you could? If so, then is nothing different than what we do when we share what we have in our hearts by sharing Gods word and his love to tohers who do not have him. We all have the choice to believe or not and it is certainly your right to not believe what we choose to believe. it also your right to blog on a non-christian site or one that is. but tell me something, if you do not believe then why are you here on this blog? Is it your intention to say our belief is stupid and unrealistic, to anger us into believing as you do because if this is the case.... you are wasting your breath and your time. those of us that choose to believe in God are here for the long haul and nothing you can say will change what we feel for him or others and we will continue to share his love with anyone who choses to listen. If just one person listens and believes with us we rejoice with them, just one person makes this all worth it. This battle is already won.

What you are saying is not unusual. "I will believe in myths and I won't let any truth or facts get in the way."

A closed book like most religionists.

No hope at all for those who refuse to grow.

I would rather be dead than believe this crud! lol

This is just the kind we pray for and offer help to. We will all add another name to our prayer lists. Thanks for sharing. God bless you.

I somehow knew you would! lol lol lol

2. alternate poet profile image66

I don't think so.  With the collapse of the mainline christian grip on the western world as we emerge from the dark ages of thinking religion is splintering into a huge number of sects, each one displaying its weirdness for any thinking person to see.  The nature of the 'love for jesus' is becoming more clear to more people every day who can see that the US has devastated Iraq and supports Israeli aggression becuase of devalued christian principles.  The catholics have devalued what is left of their religion by electing a hard right wing pope who was even in the hitler youth !

Religion - we know your name !

I agree that RELIGION has splintered into any number of beliefs. If you don't like what one is saying, choose another and another and even another until you find the one that will agree with your way of thinking or not thinking. This is not about RELIGION. It is about loving God and having faith enough to strive to live a righteous life plain and simple. It is about sharing God love and word with people who WANT to listen. we do not force or belief in God on others, we only offer it to those that are looking for something more... we simply give those that are looking a different option. If someone does not want to hear..... they simple need to click a small key on their computor or a button on the TV and they can find any number of other sources they find more to their liking. We will not be shaken as long as our house is built upon the rock.

Hi Dana, Excellent message!

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Obviously then, religion is about what people want to believe and has nothing to do with gods or what they want you to believe. smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Funny how that is considering the world is made up primarily of believers. That is the inhumanity in our world. If believers are to worship their gods and not humanity, then they have made the world into exactly what they wanted. Why complain, then? wink

5. Friendlyword profile image60
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

" All of the terrible things taking place in the world today is true prophecy of what is written in the bible."

Is the escapee from Wacko Texas that's in florida trying to start WW3 one of those terrible things you speak of? Or is he just fulfilling prophecy?

The "bad" of this world including Amercia that are destroying people as well as personal property is not of God because he came to heal, restore, and save; whether these things are or are not prophecy coming true is only an issue for those who do not believe in God. For those that do believe it true, gain more hope, more faith, and more respect for the God who predicted them before they happened. It give us more faith in the one that created us. For those that do not believe it, it gives them more anger, more disrespect, and more hate of those that they believe to ignorant in their belief. Given this option to believ or not, I would still choose to believe if only because I do not wish to be miserable al the time, trying to tear people apart instead of lift them up.

6. profile image0
      cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

i don't assume WomanOfCorage is being selfish here. i saw it as a message of solidarity.

I saw it as something else.
        Another miserable doomsday prediction from someone who would love it to happen so she could be "proved" right. smile

Hi earnest. I noticed you always see it as something else. No, I don't love the evil things I see happening right now in the world today, and I don't have to prove myself to be right. The bible is the real proof, and that's all the proof I need. The last chapter in the bible which is the book of Revelation is speaking of what is happening today. I am praying that God will soften your heart so that you can see the light.

2. profile image0
          cosetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

granted, there are some Christians who are smug about their faith and act like 'imma live and you're gonna die, sucka', but she doesn't appear to be that way. of course i don't know her so i don't know what was in her head or in her heart. i like her sandals avatar. that is symbolic, and i like symbolic avatars.

well, carry on smile

Hi Cosette, how are you? Thank you for not assuming and for your honesty.

7. puebloman profile image60
      pueblomanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It was the Righteous that were hated by Jesus. They are the people who will come last. They and the "Whited sepuchres".

Can you back this up with facts or is this just your opinion?

8. profile image50

Hi friend  Woman Of Courage

There are some terrible things in the revealed books of the religion as a sign of a bigger event taking place which is very good for humanity.

Quran mentions this phenomenon:

[17:16] He who follows the right way follows it only for the good of his own soul: and he who goes astray, goes astray only to his own loss. And no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another. We never punish until We have sent a Messenger.

http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/sh … p;verse=15

The terrible things fulfilld depict that Seond Coming of Jesus has taken plce in the form of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad 1835-1908, the world should realize it.

This is peaceful

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

STILL YOU CONCERN YOURSELF WITH BOOKS AND SIGNS????????

Really?

Tell me please, what book will you carry into the afterlife that is more powerful than the wind that cools you?

Tell me what book gives all answers and denies you nothing!

Tell me sorcerer, what G/god says!
        Your Allah and their Yahweh are the same -names and texts of men that do nothing but divide and LIE for AND against the G/gods you created!

Ba`al IS your master. All of you Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Hebrew and more. All of you are liars!

Thus speaketh god! lol lol lol

We will take nothing with us because we dont need the written word for we will be at the feet of the one that spoke it himself. Cant get any better than this. PRAISE THE LORD!

9. Don W profile image82
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know some people will be hostile to what you say regardless of how you say it, simply because of your beliefs, but in some cases words can be the barrier. Not what you say, but how you say it.

'Righteousness' sounds so sanctimonious. Is that the best word to use? Is there no other equivalent term you could have chosen? If you want to press people's buttons, use words like 'righteousness'. If you want to communicate meaningfully with people who don't share your beliefs, it's worth thinking about the words you use. That's meant as a constructive criticism not an attack.

1. profile image50

I like it.

Thanks

Hi Don, just to be sure, who is your message replying to?

1. Don W profile image82

Yourself, Woman Of Courage.

Don, I agree with about how we use words. I chose my topic carefully, and that is the best word for me to use and I  don't regret my topic. I understand  that you are not attacking, and I thank you for sharing. If you have read some of the posts in the other christian forums, you will see just only using the word God or anything else the unbelievers dislike press their buttons also. There are some things that unbelievers will never see meaningful unless they come out of darkness and into glorious light of Jesus. Before I gave my life to Jesus, I was in the dark also, and their were things I didn't understand, because I was blind, and could not see, but now I can see. Praise God!

If you or any other loony myth follower attacked my grandchildren, even the 5 year olds would give you the biggest pasting you have had so far, and all that without having to indoctrinate them into any belief system that opposes religion.

They are not indoctrinated for or against any belief system, so although they still believe in Santa and the tooth fairy your god story would be laughed out of the room! lol lol lol

Hello Don,

The word of God is understood by those that love him and live for him. it is those that do not that do not understand it. This blogs intention I think was for christians who want to share their belief but it is good that non believers read it because by doing so we are planting seeds in their hearts that will grow with prayer and I dont mean not neccessarily from that person but of those christians they choose to continue talking to.

1. Don W profile image82

Many Christians I know reflect on what scriptures actually mean, on how to be a Christian in the modern era. So the 'word of god' is not necessarily understood by those that 'love him and live for him'and, according to your own faith, it does not reflect badly on someone if they do not understand. It's my understanding that Christianity is about continually striving to develop an understanding of who we are in relation to who god is. And many Christians (even respected figures in Christian history) have had moments of confusion and doubt. Simon Peter running off in shame and hiding himself in a room for three days springs to mind. He is not depicted as a poor example of Christianity in the Christian sacred texts.

So I don't think this is about loving or not loving god. I think it's simpler than that. It's to do with Christians using language non-Christians don't relate to. Words like 'righteous' which have clear meanings in the context of Christianity, are steeped in negative connotations in a secular context. I understand this thread was started by a Christian intended for other Christians, so fair enough. But I've seen Christians communicating with non-Christians using language which is meaningful in the context of Christianity, but then wondering why those terms cause misunderstanding among non-Christians. Of course there are those that will simply not like what you're saying because they disagree with your beliefs, but there are also some non-Christians who are happy to have meaningful discussion, but are kept at a distance by the language barrier. Solution?

Talking about Christianity in a way that non-Christians can relate to helps. It's no guarantee of agreement, but it can make communication easier and more meaningful. Words like 'righteousness' only allow other Christians relate to what you're saying, which is fair enough if your comments are intended for other Christians only, but not very helpful if you're trying to communicate with non-Christians too.   

So sure in a Christian context you might talk of 'righteousness'. But if you wanted to open up the discussion to include non-Christians, then perhaps talking about 'conforming to common values' might be a good translation into a secular context that non-Christians can relate to. Both terms are essentially about morality. The difference is the latter term does not have the negative connotations, so is more inclusive. Again, that's intended to be helpful rather than just critical.

Don, it is true that a new believer may not understand part of Gods word but by reading and studying it God opens their minds to his meaning and I also agree that his word is not meant to confuse people and it is not our intention to do so either. If we can use words people understand more then more will see his meaning.  Thanks.

Hi Don, I understand what you are saying and found it very interesting. If I were a non-christian and came across this thread and didn't understand what the person mean by righteous, I would just simply post and ask respectfully - What did you mean by that? rather than jump to conclusion and think the worse. I have already broke my meaning down briefly in a earlier post above, but if  it' s being rejected, then that's showing me they prefer to be negative regardless. I am looking at it from a different viewpoint. Thanks for your help.

1. Don W profile image82

I think you're right. Some prefer antagonism rather than discussion. I personally don't agree with that approach, although I understand where it comes from. As far as I am concerned Christians exist, non-Christians exist. That we all know. Because we live in pluralistic societies, I'd try to find ways Christians and non-Christians can live together, and make decisions together that benefit society, with as little conflict as possible.

For that to happen Christians and non-Christians have to do some work. The extreme fundamentalism of some Christians and the extreme antagonism of New Atheism won't let that work even begin. That's a shame because there are people like yourself, clearly devoted to their faith, but also quite happy to have  meaningful discussions about things that affect us (Christians and non-Christians) as a society, and as human beings. Christianity needs more people like that. Christians who can discuss things without trying to 'convert'. Of course I know at the back of their minds Christians are hoping to plant some of those little 'seeds', but I can live with that. Why wouldn't Christians hope others come to share their beliefs? I'd encourage moderate Christians to discuss the relevant issues of the day. There may be some disagreement, but it's through positive, constructive, hopeful discussion that resolution and peace is found, not negative, destructive comments.

Anyway, this is not what you intended for this thread, which has been sidetracked by others, including myself. So I'll bow out and leave you to discuss righteousness with other Christians as was your intention.

Hi Don, You are absolutely right. I am happy to have meaningful discussions.  My discussions is not about me, It is about God's business and the truth in his holy word. I also try to avoid as less conflicts as possible. I have learned in life that no matter how hard you try to avoid conflicts, there will always be someone that will find  fault. Thank you for sharing your interesting message.

10. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

that's not funny, given I can't stand!

By standing for righteousness, we do so with our heart and our faith in God not with out feet. We stand and live for what is right in our hearts and mind. That is what righteousness is... striving to do what is right according to Gods word.

2. profile image0

how `bout a "sit in"? lol

11. Jeff Berndt profile image74
      Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I believe in keeping the faith in God's holy word."

Is someone stopping you from doing that?

Jeff, no one is stopping me from keeping the faith.

12. Cedar Cove Farm profile image59
      Cedar Cove Farmposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Because He is Holy and we are commanded to.

13. profile image48

Its not always necessary to be right, its necessary to be effective! Righteousness has very much been reduced to great words by the lazy believers, no action though!

14. profile image0
      Shadow Of Elishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Righteousness is simply our birthright! My question is simply this: Why would we allow our birthright to be stolen from us? We are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, so through Christ, we have been given our birthright from God! How exciting is this?

Without Christ, we are degenerative, because of the actions of the first Adam, resulting in our birthright being stolen from us. This birthright, called "Righteousness" was restored to us through the atonement of Jesus Christ, as where before, it was stolen from us as the Word states:

"The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy..."

2. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Ummmm.... You type so well in that position hmm

3. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Righteousness is just pronouncing that you are right.  The problem i sthat most of what people say is god's word is not right.  IF jesus was actually a real being, and IF he resulted in the words that you think are from god they would DEFINATELY  not be the words we are hearing from any of the christian religions, sub-religions, sects and moronic so called 'pastors'.

Would they.

So I would caution against any shouting out of righteousness because you are 99% sure to be just shouting.

She didn't mean it like that....you can tell that in the tone of her writing.... It is neither proud or condescending (did I spell that right?). 

Righteousness from the Christian perspective is not one person or set of people being "better than" anyone else.smile

You are right, I can feel the love and peace in this forum. Smile

LOLOLOL

Making a stand for righteousness seems to involve a lot of fighting and proclaiming oneself as righteous. Odd that you call this love and peace. Still - 2000 years of this makes it plain that one christian's "love" is some one else's "child abuse."

sad

1. Pearldiver profile image67
            Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ole... Ole El Torro...
            What a cow of a thing to say in a forum of love, peace and dribble hmm

Surely with such a Crappy Free Flow of such righteous matter here... It would be Prudent to remain seated? hmm

Trying to live a righteous life does not mean we claim to be so jsut that we are working towards it with our faith in god and many time for those of us that are really sincere about this life style we are in a battle but we are not alone in the battle, we have God with us as we fight satan and his followers.  Satan does not fight the ones he already has, he fights the ones he don't.

Woman of Courage,

We cannot argue with the devil. we dont have to. we serve God who is bigger than he ever hopes to be and has already won the war. Satan knows this and uses his followers to get under our skin and take from of us what God has given freely.
          What we need to do is stand together and pray for these. "Where two or three are gathered in my (God) name, there I will be in the midst of them".  I stand with you to believe for the lives of those around us (inclluding the ones in here) that need peace and healing as we strive for a closer walker with God ourselves. God bless your efforts and keep you in the palm of his hands. There is no better place to be than this.

Amen! Thanks for standing with me Dana.

2. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry - but this is exactly what you are doing.

"Hi everyone, I believe in keeping the faith in God's holy word. All of the terrible things taking place in the world today is true prophecy of what is written in the bible. To all of the true and humble servants of God. Why must we take a stand for righteousness?"

This is directly saying that the things you believe are superior to others, they may be your collective opinion but they are not righteous.

1. profile image58
          exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

taking a stand, we must help each other to be strong in Christ, the word says all our righteousness are as filthy rags, so we must help each other to stay in the will of God

1. Deaconess profile image60
            Deaconessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thus... your religion teaches that righteousness is useless... so why speak of standing up for it? Is this not a contradiction to your faith?

No, because we as exhoter has said, our righteousness is as filthy rags, but God has clothed us in His righteousness....so, what we try and stand up for is His righteousness not our own..

It is unfortunate that our stand is misconscrued by many as self-righteousness and superiority....

so, we take the displeasure of others while yet maintaining our stand....smile

I agree! I am already prepared for the enemy attack, and the manipulative twisted lies, but after all that the truth will stand tall over every lie.

This clearly makes evident the divisiveness and intolerance religions teach to believers to consider anyone who is not part of the clan an enemy to be defended against.

If the lies they are defending against are that of wanting humanity to not be divided, and instead work together for the benefit of all mankind, then we are doomed as a species. smile

that's your opinion Deaconess.

Well, yes, it is my opinion and my perspective... that it makes no sense for a Christian to say that they are standing up for righteousness when Christian doctrine teaches that it is of no use for a person to even try to be righteous, and that a person is not judged by what they do, but are saved rather by their belief in redemption on the cross.

I understand the Christian philosophy regarding righteousness to actually be an anti-thesis to righteousness.

Deaconess,

I am not sure where you are getting your information that we are not judged by what we do because if that were not so God would not have given us the ten commandments that includes "Thou shalt not steal, kills, or commit adultry". If we are not judged by our actions then whats was the purpose of this scripture?  When a person accepts Jesus as their personal savior, asking for forgiveness for their sins, God forgives us and that day we are born again not literally but spiritually. our old life is erased, our sins are "thrown in the lake of forgetfullness" and he remembers them no more. It is at that time, we begin a new life and grow in Gods glory, love, and blessings as we learn from his word and in prayer with him daily. We will all be judged according to how we live our life and by the things we say and do and only with forgiveness, faith, dedication, and a true walk with God will we stand before him as a righteous person.

Hi china man, I am sorry you took my message the wrong way, and formed your own opinion. I am not speaking opinions, I am speaking the facts, and the amazing facts in the bible is truth. Oh well, it's your choice to believe.

1. profile image48

To believe in something it has to be coherent, convincing, and verifiable, not a bunch of imaginations and self-proclaimed righteousness. Jesus never probably imagined the mess we are in today due to misrepresentation of his sayings.

AsfltMatters, it's confincing, and verifiable to anyone who believes the bible is true.

4. Deaconess profile image60
    Deaconessposted 13 years ago

What exactly, or even roughly, would "taking a stand for righteousness" entail? It is an easy statement to make, but is a bit too abstract... how would this play out in action? Please expound.

I have already explained it in my topic. I simply mean that I am standing on the true word of God, and what is good, and not evil works that comes from the enemy. My faith does not teach that standing for what is right is useless.

Standing or walking in righteousness is what is expressed outwardly by Gods children when his truth meets up with the ears of those who can hear.

"I will walk in them and talk in them and breath life out in them and cause them to walk in my ways ."

His righteousness in us- will keep sin ,hatred, anger ,pride , envy, jealousy, and unforgiveness out of the hearts and minds of his children

5. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

Just working on keeping the world from self-destructing is enough for me.

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 13 years ago

I am going to take a stand of humility.  I think humble people are less likely to force their will on others (war, abuse, oppression, slavery) than righteous people.

1. Rod Marsden profile image68
      Rod Marsdenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds good psycheskinner.

Hi psycheskinnner, I agree, I am also taking a stand of humility and righteousness of God's holy word by not forcing anyone to believe in God and the bible. People have to to choose on their own what they want to do. They can choose to do evil works or to do good. Thank you for posting.

Well... I consider anything that inspires fear (including talk of end days and such) to be a Godless work of evil... for the spirit of fear is not of God.

Hi Deaconess, I will not recieve the spirit of fear. If anyone is experiencing the spirit of fear, the devil is putting that fear in them, not the person that is talking about the endtimes. I have a responsibilty as a servant of God . Everyone has to choose whether to believe the word of God. God bless you!

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Deaconess,

Would you prefer that we put our heads in the sand ostrich style? hmm
          Everything in life inspires fear....have you looked at the news lately?

Talk of an unstable economy inspires fear...talk of child abductions, carjackings, terrorists and ecoli infested eggs all inspire fear and make one try to protect themselves....

Talk of the end of days and etenal judgement are just the same... They are spoken of  to warn others and show them how to protect themselves..

Should you be protected from natural danger and not be protected from spiritual danger????

Wow! What a great message Leslie.

2. profile image0

hey are spoken of  to warn others and show them how to protect themselves..

Should you be protected from natural danger and not be protected from spiritual danger????

Sorry to cut in, but to my knowledge and understanding, it is the Spirit who protects. Therefore, the perfect LOL (Law of Life/Law of Liberty) is fulfilled, in love.
            So, if people need to protect themselves, certainly they have no faith and are not filled with love, instead they have fear. Faith protects, through the power of the word inside and the fruit outside, yes? (This is the Anointing/Christ, the Spirit). That others eat of so that they can Live also.

Or are there now two sets of rules for righteousness and faith?

Hi Twenty One Days, thanks for sharing this powerful message!

3. profile image0

Precisely.
          Fear is the lack of righteousness -which is the result of the {simple} action of faith. Anything else is of the human mind, tempting itself or others, convincing itself or others -- because they themselves lack purity in their own conviction, evidence/fruit of their own real experience in that righteousness. I call it stealing another's Testimony, because they have none of their own.

Now, to stand IN righteousness, without question, hesitation, thought or needing to choose... Well, that is righteousness.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
            Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Righteousness is fine as long as it doesn't morph into self-righteousness . It can be detrimental to the society as a whole when self-righteous people steer a small or large group down the path of believing themselves to be the only right thinking people around. Our society needs an awakening on a spiritual level, (not a religious one) This is the only way to come to grips with the things that divide us.:}

1. profile image0

Righteousness cannot 'morph'. Self-righteousness is still human indulgence of what they think. Still the sin = choice.

believing is still choice; faith is the action of righteousness.
              Anything else is self-righteous and yes, detrimental {keyword: mental}.

People must let go of needing, let go of wanting, let go of the scarlet thread, let go of the golden shackles, religion, science, everything and just let the Spirit be.
              Spirit is. Anything else is divided.

It is really that simple...

Hi Druid, I agree, My message on this forum is speaking of righteousness in God's word.I don't believe in being self-righteous. An awakening on a spritual level is much needed. Thanks for sharing.

Amen!!

4. Dana62 profile image60

His believers do not fear this day happening. It is those that do not believe that fear it rightfully so but know this, his word was not meant to make people fear the unknown but prepare them for it. We individually choose which we want to be. If someone knew you were without a doubt going to die ona specific day and time, would you not want to know so that you could all the things you wanted to do or say or go, ....ect? This is what God has done, he told us how to know when the last days were here so that all had the opportunity to get ready for it.

Psycheskinner,

Do you know what the bible says about someone who straddles the fence; by this I mean someone who chooses to stay in the middle not taking the side of right or of wrong? Research this and get back to me.  You above comment sounds to me like you dont want to make waves either way so you will just stand back and watch so that you are not hurt but maybe I read your post wrong and this is not the intent of it.

I think the point was that good people do not try to force their ideas on others, the 'love of christ' that you imagine has been behind so many wars, genocides, colonisations and slavery that thinking people prefer you keep it to yourself.  I, for one, have no interest in what you believe - but spreading delusions as reality just adds to the confusion of simple people.  You are just another in an endless stream of bible babblers who hit and run these forums with the same old same old drivel.  Write some hubs and stop bothering us would be a good idea.

alternative poet, have you noticed the number of hubs written by our religious nutters and how many followers they have?
          Most are just sock puppets and spammers.

Those who do have a couple of hubs are only about religion.
          A waste of space! lol

Yes - a complete waste of space, they are all about their own self-importance masked as godliness !

2. profile image50

Alternate poet,
          Why are you here? What is your mission? Your purpose? What do hope to achieve in this blog?

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 13 years ago

hello there. smile i am fine. the mornings are getting cool here and the air smells faintly of sage blossoms, so i'm jazzed... wink

have a great day!

cosette, It's good that you are doing fine. Hang in there! The mornings are getting cool here also. It's so refreshing. Have a great day !

1. Precious Pearl profile image75
        Precious Pearlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Woman of Courage, I love the way that you stand without offending others.  I discern that you are wearing your "Armor" and that your heart is well guarded.  Truly, you are an exampe of a Godly woman.  Blessings to you!

Thank you Precious Pearl, Yes I have the full armor on. Smile. Actually, it seems to me that some people are offended by my topic on this forum, but what do I expect? After all, there is nobody mad but the devil. Blessings to you also!

8. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Not at all. Glad to.
    People have been taught so many things that lead away from a simple, though nonetheless perfect truth. Righteousness is as easy to become, as taking a single breath.
    All the hard part, work, suffering, pain, time --all of it, has been done already. From Cain to Christ, everything was by labor. That is finished.
    Yet, still for now 2000 years more, millions upon millions still have been told they must work in their mind, body & spirit to reach righteousness. Creating clever and almost believable techniques to getting there. All the while, they miss the entire point of that act of intervention. One drop of real faith does move K2. Just one itty bitty little drop. No need to think about it, worry about it, slave over it, like a hot stove in summer (i know this by experience). Just simply let go, get alone with the Spirit and just go with Him, no matter where or when or how or why or what He takes you...

No books, no mind meld seminars, no building or laboratories, or anything human. This is what believers should be doing, so that everyone will see that fruit be as abundant as they talk about.

9. Barb H profile image54
    Barb Hposted 13 years ago

Need clarification on Righteousness in terms of religion.For example, who do you think God would consider more Righteous and a living example of his Word?  The atheist that spends his life caring for the poor and sick in a remote location in Africa. The atheist protester that risks getting shot in the head by an Israeli sniper helping others illegally smuggle needed drugs and supplies to help relieve the suffering of the Palestinians. Or the devoutly religious Hubbers that spend their day safely typing away on a computer contemplating Righteousness and Religion but not risking anything of consequence to help the suffering of others. Is it possible that God might see these atheists as the truly Righteous?

O YE SINFUL GENERATION, THOU PIT OF VIPERS, SIGNS HAVE COME UNTO THIS VERY GENERATION. HAVE YE SEEN THEM NOT? THE WAYS OF THE SPIRIT HAVE BEEN CONFOUNDED BY SATANIC TEACHINGS!!! Dreams have been given unto you, and you interpret them to be fantasy. Omens have been placed in your skies, yet you have not the foresight to understand, because someone told you they are meaningless. We have seen the pouring out of the vials into our water, our air, and our land, and yet say "Where are these prophecies?" Israel has reformed, as was foretold. Where are these prophecies? Israel is beset on all sides, but where are these prophecies? During the first gulf war, Iraq fired scuds into Tel Aviv and Haifa. The area that lies between these two cities? The Plain of Megiddo. Iran has sworn to Israel's destruction. Further, though it isn't actually stated, the implication in the prophecy of Armageddon, is that we, ourselves, would posess the capability of global annihilation.

Just kidding;)

2. earnestshub profile image79

I hope you are not awaiting a truthful or sensible reply.

You make far too much sense! smile

3. aguasilver profile image71

Genesis 15:6 (King James Version)

And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Abraham had no precedent to judge belief upon, he just knew that he had met with God...

Romans 4

1[BUT] IF so, what shall we say about Abraham, our forefather humanly speaking--[what did he] find out? [How does this affect his position, and what was gained by him?]

2For if Abraham was justified ([a]established as just by acquittal from guilt) by good works [that he did, then] he has grounds for boasting. But not before God!

3For what does the Scripture say? Abraham believed in (trusted in) God, and it was credited to his account as righteousness (right living and right standing with God).(A)

4Now to a laborer, his wages are not counted as a favor or a gift, but as an obligation (something owed to him).

5But to one who, not working [by the Law], trusts (believes fully) in Him Who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited to him as righteousness (the standing acceptable to God).

6Thus David [b]congratulates the man and pronounces a blessing on him to whom God credits righteousness apart from the works he does:

7Blessed and happy and [c]to be envied are those whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered up and completely buried.

8Blessed and happy and [d]to be envied is the person of whose sin the Lord will take no account nor reckon it against him.(B)

None are righteous in their own strength, it is Christ who masks us in HIS righteousness.

4. Elizabeth2010 profile image59
      Elizabeth2010posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Barb H:

It seems to me that atheist are constant hubbers too. And from what I see usually it's religious missions that are in Africa. sure there are some individuals who help others in other countries... but it is usually a missionary or some sort of religious person or group there helping!

Good works is great but it wont save you if you don't have God and confess your sins! You must believe in your heart, confess with your mouth, and sin no more! God created the world to serve him! He expects his people to follow him not the worldly things! If they follow direction they can have eternal life! Not that hard of a concept to live by. It takes faith either way! If you believe, it takes faith, if you don't believe, it takes faith to say there is no God!

Faith is the anser in all things!

10. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

If the end is coming can all of the believers please stop bleating about it and go do something constructive and helpful so that you can reserve your place in the afterlife....
    Me I am off to make love not war..... lol

1. Elizabeth2010 profile image59

That's all good LeanMan... however I believe that could be used both ways, don't you? It seems both sides are bleating about it! The ones who believe are in hubbers confessing their beliefs, as do I, and the ones who do not believe, are in hubbers confessing thier beliefs! Both are here defending their beliefs! So this can be true for both sides of the arguments!

Christians, Atheist, and all other religions seem to say they want to help others, love and peace, and I believe many do. However, all seem to be in hubbers quite a bit! Even myself! we should all lead by example and be more active! I try to help others and I believe I have helped some! But do we all do all we can?

One can't be doing too much if they are in hubbers quite a bit!! We should all look at "self" first! That is the key to helping others! Once you've looked at "self" then you can help others!

1. profile image0

I don't think so.  Helping and doing for others, caring etc etc is not the province of christians, many different people care for different reasons.  Nobody on the forums that I have seen is self promoting their 'goodness' except christians who ultimately have the least to offer.  The opposition to the continual posting of christian 'beliefs' is that most people can see past the righteous and moralising hand that holds out some small thing that makes the owner of the hand so proud with him or her self.  Most thinking people can see the shallow nature of religion and the wider harm it does in the world as a whole.  I certainly oppose spreading stone-age dogma in a modern world that has so many uneducated people who might fall prey to it.

1. Elizabeth2010 profile image59

I do agree with part of what you say! Many people do help others! It isn't always christians! It's many people from different walks of life!

I disagree with christians are the only ones you see self promoting goodness! I've seen a many atheist claim they do a lot of good in the world and they love and all this... yet they are online most of the time! You can hardly get on without them being right here posting!

I disagree again! I am a christian and many times I have done things and never said a word about what I've done or who I've done it for.. it is kept secret because I do not want others to know that I've did anything! maybe not everyone is that way! But I don't do anything for 'self" reward! It's to help others!

Just because you believe religon is "stone age dogma" doesn't make i true! That is your own form of "faith". You believe this without facts thus making it faith! We all have our faith in something... yours is in not believing in God or religion! That's your right and choice!

1. profile image0

It is not faith in any way, it is the opposite of faith,  it is reason.  There is no proof of any god, there is no compelling philosphical argument for a god, there are giant and inconsistent holes in all of the theories and substance of any god like being of any kind.

There is compelling evidence to the contrary, there are many theories that may not be right - but can be seen by their burden of proof and logical argument - to be working toward answers of the Universe and how we came to be etc.  What all these half proved theories rule out is some god making it all so that we can worship him through rituals and words that arise from stone age attempts of the thinkers of that day to explain the unknown to those too busy to think so much.

We are overloaded with information in the modern world, we have advanced thinkers who are able to point at lest in the direction of answers, and yet those with less ability would like to hold back progress in the name of an imaginary god.

1. profile image48

No no China Man, there is a God, he is not just visible. Only if you follow Jesus, he will reveal God to you- well, I don't think so, but that's what many in the forum preach and claim!

11. profile image49
    shayla1234posted 13 years ago

cool

12. profile image49
    shayla1234posted 13 years ago

coooooool

1. Troy C. profile image60
      Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

china man, when you're burning in hell, just keep telling yourself it's just your imagination when you write all I read is blah, blah, blah. Now on a serious note, let's define righteoousness, acting in a morally correct manner, correct by devine decloration. Now who among you can find fault with following the ten commandments(unless your God is the modern world where anything goes) or by Jesus sayig love the lord Your God with all your heart, soul and mind and loving your neighbor as yourself.If you do those two things you will adhere to the origional ten. Whats wrong with not lying,stealing,sleeping around, etc., etc. This is righteous living and if you have a problem with that you are a borderline sociopath.

Troy, while you are buried in dog poo keep telling yourself the fairy is gonna come and dig you up.

It's bloody obvious you don't follow your own path, but insist others do.

Ya know what you can do with your moralising condescension? smile

2. alternate poet profile image66

I must have missed this blathering earlier, but I note it has my name on it big_smile

You clearly do not understand much, and you have an overactive imagination.  Maybe one issue is that you cannot understand what you read, so many fundamental religionists like you cannot spell or put together coherent text.  Must be hard following that book if you can't really understand it.  I note that you got the hellfire and brimstone parts, I guess they would have been your beddy bye stories ?

On a side note  -  Isn't it about time that HP acknowledge that this is a writers forum and do something about these drive-by bible thumpers who are spamming their religion.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

As a non-believer, I always wanted to understand how to act in a morally correct manner like a believer, now I know. smile

4. profile image48

What BS? again enforcing your moral code of conduct. Our morals are based on a learning process (stored as "values" and/or "inhibitions" inside the subconscious due to the environment we grow up) and not 10 commandments- one can read it everyday and still follow other learning. What is bothering here is, why some claim that certain religion (Christianity for that matter) is the only way to God, the 10 commandments you mention about are "The commandments"- its so insanely selective that it seems who believe in this are just blindfolded with some kind of self-glorification. If someone claims only he is the way, it can't be true! No one has monopoly over God (be definition, if he is there at all)

13. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Folks are still "taking a stand for righteousness" here?  How much time does taking a stand for righteousness take anyway?  I'll check back later to see how it's all going.  Somehow, "righteousness" and "self-righteousness" are just a little too similar for my taste.  (I hope while people are on here talking about righteousness, they don't forget that there are people in the world in desperate need of help, who hope people do more than just sit at their PC's and talk about stuff, like taking stands, etc. etc.  )

Lisa HW, you are right. That's why I just now responded to this thread.I'm out doing.I'll try to clear things up.
      Righteous, characterized by uprightness or morality or acting in an upright or moral way.
      Sociopath....lacks a sense of moral responsibility...
      Please note I said borderline.
      But why knock anyone taking a stand for moral behavior? That I don't understand.If you have children, do you not teach them right from wrong? There is nothing wrong with being righteous or taking a stand for righteuosness.
      You know what, Lisa HW even non-believers should take a stand for righteousness, as defined in the dctionary, everyday. Like they say "stand for something or fall for anything"

Hey earnest, tell that guy you've already got on me about my spelling prowess or lack of.

Hi Lisa HW, I agree , because I am contantly helping others offline also.

14. cindyvine profile image68
    cindyvineposted 13 years ago

I'd rather take a stand for a salary increase

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm all for that too.

1. profile image0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

or just salary!  lol

15. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Here is some more broadminded luv from the sky fairies own mouth! smile

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

"What the bible says" is psychotic bulls*it!

None of my sons (or my daughter) has ever "prophesied" (as far as I know - but parents don't know everything, of course ).  Sure hope they haven't.   lol

Lucky eh? smile

Maybe I'm not sure what "prophesied" really means in Bible terms  (but I don't plan to look it up either  lol  )

The title of the thread is "WE MUST TAKE A STAND FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS" Please stop digressing away from that, just to spew your poision. How do you feel about righteousness as defined in th dictionary, Again I ask what do you teach your children on the matter, do you tell them that it is okay to lie,cheat, make fun of others beliefs, which is disrespect. That anything goes,just so you get what you want. Answer the question or are you afraid. That goes for the "entire brood of vipers"

Just because I do not follow your pathetic and childish beliefs does not mean that I do not have values. It is just that when you grow up you get to understand that doing the right things and living a good life are diametrically opposed to the blathering hate filled self satisfied simpering religions.

So you do take a stand for righteousness, thank you A.P. I'll just ignore your blathering and say thank you.

lol you're easily satisfied! lol lol lol

You have obviously never set foot in a spirit fielded chuch and if you have then your above comment only proves the need to share what we have in God and that includes those that visit this blog who do or do not believe as we do. We do not teach hate or live that way. We love people because we are also sinners but have been saved by his grace. We do not force Gods word on people but ratehr share it if they choose to listen. For those of you that do not want to listen and feel we are shoving the word down your throat.... you dont have to stay on a christian blog where we will speak and share of Gods words including his righteousness living and shining through us regueardless of the many attempts to deter us.

Who says those who choose not to listen are also not in favor of your shared attempts?

Perhaps, the very process of sharing your beliefs are perceived by others as "shoving the word down your throat"

Everyone has access to the word of any god, Christian or otherwise, so why not just respect people and let them find out for themselves, if that is what they want to do? smile

2. earnestshub profile image79

lol ask one of the 6 grandchildren in my vipers nest!

Can I pick which one? lol

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Do you teach your children that we are vipers? smile

I was quoting Jesus and yes I tell my children to stay away from negative people, believers and nonbelievers. If you teach your children and 6 grandchildren what you preach here, disrespect, hatred, negativity, intolerance to any way of life other than your own, that in itself answers your question.
                And unlike A.P., I can surmise that you don't stand for righteosness.
                You two guys seem to be intelligent, but is your attention span that short that you can't stick to the theme of the thread, just a question.
                Also, Beelzedad is very simular to another name, are you trying to tell us something? And yes I am still a little rough around the edges but if someone would continually attack your 6 grandchildren, verbaly or otherwise you would react like I do, when someone attacks my God.

Nice! lol

Thanks for sharing that so well Troy.

16. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

ok..lets stand..lets ban all religions and its book and let natural humanity prevail...religion corrupts brain ...when we are child we dont need book to share love..books are problems which create divide..lets stand for righteousness and say no to all books...

17. Woman Of Courage profile image60
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

The only reason some of you is having problems with the title of my thread- " We Must Take A Stand For Righteousness" is because you don't believe in doing what's right.That's your life, and your choice. I have explained above in one of my earlier posts what I am referring to by using the word righteousness, but yet some of you choose to twist it and blow it out of proportion in how you define it. I am far from being a self righteousness  person. What matters to me most is obeying God, and not myself. I understand there are individuals posting on this forum who don't  believe in God or the bible, but it's your choice how you live your life. The title of my thread will politely stay the same, and continue  to stand. I love each and everyone of you in spite of all the negativity and cruel remarks in some of the posts. Any written attacks  that shoot toward me after the reading of this message will be thrown in the trash can where it belongs. I will not recieve any of them. Have a blessed day!

That's very sensible Woman of Courage.

Hi Flightkeeper, thank you!

2. srwnson profile image59
      srwnsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The truth Lady is this: They are like a man stumbling in the darkness cursing God and mocking Christ.

They flail their arms about but there’s nothing to guide them so they stumble on.

Suddenly they hear another person stumbling in darkness also cursing the Lord and so they cling to that person. The chain continues until soon their are many more of them, some clinging, one leading all stumbling and cursing God because of their lack of vision.

Then they hear someone pleading with them who is directed by the Christ to follow to safety. But in their pride and arrogance they refuse to listen. The voice in their minds tell them not to trust the word, that they are the ones stumbling in darkness.

In time the first of them stumble over the cliff all cursing God and mocking our Lord Jesus Christ as they fall to the grave. The rest, following that mocking, foul voice, tumble over and over and over after them.

God bless you.

Hi srwnson, You are so correct! Thanks for sharing your message.  God bless you also.

AMEN!!!!

Woman Of Courage,
      Thank you for taking a stand. What we bind on earth shall be bound in heaven. What we rebuke on earth shall be rebuked in heaven." I think it is time to stand for righteousness and rebuke and bind satan in any form he comes in.

Hi Dana, you are welcome. I agree it is seriously time to take a stand. I  know in my heart this is what God wants us to do.

18. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

We are told to stand up and be counted.
       Do not hide our light under a basket. 

I don't know about going to war to fight his battles.
    I think scripture says that those that do, will think that they are killing in his name  but  aren't. 

But ..  Yes .. stand up and be counted.  For sure!

I agree Jerami. I will continue to allow the light to shine. Praise God!

Oh yes - let that light blinding shine on - but you should stop shining it in everyone esles eyes trying to blind them to any semblance of reason, more to the point you might stop shining it in your own eyes and start looking at the real world around you.  Christians up in arms against Islam and wilfully contributing to the deaths of your own young men, threatening the stability of the whole world with your blinded views of Islam. Take a look down the corridor of history with all its holy wars, inquisitions, witch burning, genocide etc etc etc.  Mouthing meaningless platitudes and self congratulatory hogwash about 'giving' and 'peace' and 'love' that your religion tries to claim as its own while on the larger scale it causes untold death and suffering.

OK - you can turn that blinding light back on now and crawl back under the safety blanket of ignorance.

1. Jerami profile image57
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Seems that everyone speaks a little bit of truth.
             And no one has got it all.
             Truth is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

It don't take much poop to ruin a perfectly good peanut butter and jelly sandwich.   

But the more peanut butter and jelly that ya got on your poop sandwich the easier it is to swallow. 

What the heck did I mean by that???   Huh??

You are making a pigs ear of a simple quote:

Life is a poop sandwich, the less bread you have the more poop you have to eat.

Sounds awfully negative to me. lol

2. Jerami profile image57
              Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea that too.  good night

19. earnestshub profile image79

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons24/bagley.jpg

20. earnestshub profile image79

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons33/haahaeu4.jpg

21. earnestshub profile image79

http://www.edkrebs.com/herb/petoons31/whelloffort.jpg

22. earnestshub profile image79

I've heard the call. I believe God wants me to run for president.
    -- George W. Bush, quoted in George Magazine, September, 2000

“I would like to thank Providence and the Almighty for choosing me of all people to be allowed to wage this battle for Germany.”
    -- Adolf Hitler

Earnest, got a question. Back before junior ran for prez, readers digest did an interview with him, and on the front cover of the mag was junior in a boat. Did you happen to see this and or read the interview? I read it, but I can not remember which issue it was in. If you know, would you tell me? Please.

Sorry I can't help with that. Readers digest hunted me down like the church of Scientology for about 20 years!
        Needless to say, I no longer read it! lol

Mornin young man. Hey thanks anyway. I never read the mag, I just happened to be somewhere there was a copy and lil junior was lead that day. The article, if I remember correctly mentioned how he is related to hitler. Dang, I may ahve dreamed it. ??????

As much as I dislike Bush, his grandfather Prescott was said to be a nazi sympathiser, but evidence does not support this theory at all. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)