If "Faith Alone" saves, can Satan be saved?

Jump to Last Post 1-43 of 43 discussions (378 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image77
    Castlepalomaposted 13 years ago

When Jesus in John 3:16 says "whoever believes in Him shall not perish," notice that he didn't say "whoever believes ONLY...shall not perish."

Since 8 years old, I learn love makes good sense and love concurs all. Fear is simply, it’s just the unknown, Satan is just the unknown. Help me understand why people must fear an all loving God and be even more fearful of a Satan. Can't we just love Satan to death like in most beautiful stories rather than threaten or act on war.

1. pisean282311 profile image64
      pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol well technically satan is second oldest entity after god...so satan already has eternal life..since it exist before humans and most likely would continue to exist...so it is good to be bad smile

Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

May West ,mmm, I'm good when I'm bad.

People already know what's right and what's wrong, why fear something you have control over in the first place?

If Satan had a peek at extreme happiness and found it better, why wouldn’t he change his mind, and want to be saved.

well saved from what?..

2. profile image48
        dgertjktkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Deleted

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
            pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

At least theres something related to this forum in this spam lol!

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

Sure we can!

Purly working from imagination based on good sense.

After 6014 years of hell, don;t you think Satan have enough sense to move on to bigger and better things? In addition, set free some 100s billion souls who ever lived on earth, since 144,000 have been seal in heaven

To take on another 6 billion more soul in a few years is just going to be too much torture, for old satan.

I'm starting to sound like a madman.

Haha true! (about satan having better things to do...not you being oops sounding like a madman lol) Satan just might take up early retirement when reviewing the upcoming workload according to your figures........what a work load...that would send anyone into early retirement not only Satan.

I get some odd idea's from South Park, they show Satan and sometimes Jesus as gay. Sometimes they are too far out for me, but always funny.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
              kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I love south park too!

Never seen south park but sounds funny!

2. luvpassion profile image60
          luvpassionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was always told by my Christian family members that Satan felt it was better to rule in hell then serve in heaven. wink

Do you think Satan has lightened up since med evil times?

It's seem a 100 billion souls to torture, is way to much work. Maybe hell has turned into a hot night club for friends and family

3. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Since faith is the Knowledge of Truth.
      And satan is the Lie, with many faces so therefore He can never posses faith..

Since satan is death itself it cannot Live, but never dies.

So Satan is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, Death? I assume he was demoted then hmm

1. Jerami profile image58
          Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So Satan is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, Death? I assume he was demoted then
          - - - -
             Not demoted, ..  just one of his job classifications.

The four horsemen were symbolic of hardships that immediately were sent down upon the earth when Jesus arrived in heaven after the crucifixion.
            In this instance "earth" represents Israel and Judea.

I'm not getting it? Can you explain?

3. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

4. profile image57
        stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And the Great Pumpkin will arise from the pumpkin patch...

The serpent wasn't the one who lied in the imaginary 'Garden of Eden'.  God lied as such is good.

4. kirstenblog profile image79

Fear God, love Satan? Makes sense, no wait it makes no sense! This is why I regard religion along the same lines as mother goose fairy tales. Good for simple minds, but by this question alone it shows you are not of a simple mind, maybe you are just having some fun with the story book characters here?

Through Christ death and resurrection, all evil in all mankind will be destroyed and ... Does God not loves all that he has created? Yes he does. .... If all mankind can and will be saved, then I see no probably with All the spiritual entity can be saved too...Since we are in God image Jesus had to meet and overcome death itself, why not Satan?

Salvation for All, for an all loving and all powerful God can do anything

As much as I love the idea of no man left behind, it does not work well with the heaven hell dynamic. So which is it then? Everyone is saved, no hell, no need to worry about folks indulging their heathen hearts with previsions and abominations (I'll have mine fried in garlic butter please). Cause salvation is for all. Or an angry and vengeful God (who will likely spit in my garlic butter sauce) that casts into hell the heathens and perverts who love Satan? Can you see my confusion regarding the story books of religion?

On a side note, I do believe in the no man left behind sentiment. I also think we are all connected, the universe experiencing itself subjectively through each individual life lived so to speak. If one is lost all are lost hence no lost at all, just different destinations for different learning experiences. In this type of belief system one is challenged to wonder if this transient state we call life is the true existence of our real selves? If not then we are not really harmed as this life is the illusion, the pages on which we do our sums and our suffering/pleasure are attempts to learn, grow. Life is the illusion and death is a cool swim in reality. Does a parent care if their child plays the robber in a game of cops and robbers with other kids? Not really, someone has to do it for the game to work and be fun. The parent here being the Is (aka God).

Religion can be fun tho, like a game of dungeons and dragons, its just that I find myself playing with people who want to change the rules all the time to suit them, so they can win wink

Win what I wonder?

You and me both hun smile

I am not really good at being competitive really, I give up way to soon to really get competitive over most things in life. Never got into sports for this reason, don't even like to compete with myself.

My best guess is when someone is trying to convert me to their way of thinking it's a case of win or loose, converting me would be a win, and also an impossible task. If necessary I will give up (as I said above) simile politely and say thats nice petal, and continue thinking what I think anyway smile

My best guess is when someone is trying to convert me to their way of thinking it's a case of win or loose...kirsten...you hit bulls eye...

I think this is why I have enjoyed spiritual type debates with you, its not a case of converting each other. We win or lose based only on, did we have fun and maybe have a laugh smile

That is one type of winning I can commit to, winning a good hearty laugh lol

2. Castlepaloma profile image77

True a win win is the only ways in the long run for me
                  Cooperation rather than competition where many loose
                  Hate, hell and many of those long negative type things, I can get rid of.

Now we are thinking!!!

Never understood the competitive thing. When there is something tangible to obtain like a medal or something I can see why some would. Yet to win someone over to a way of thinking seems pointless because like you we all continue to think what we think anyway. Experience is usually the catalyst for making us change our ways of thinking. I like that you let it be when the need arises.

I notice a little bit of competition with Mark there. I can swing to competition mode with Mark and wrestling with him to the ground and still learn some of the best he has to offer, like grounding type things. You can find the best from every group and incorporated into your own world. It just more enjoyment flowing with many people on middle grounds to somewhat the same rainbow’s, a stronger win win for all

That was competing? I thought it was more trying to find common language but I have much to learn it seems... Haha who would have thought? Yes agree when you can find the best from anyone and incorporate it, it is much more rewarding. More so if it flows when finding it.

2. lucieanne profile image69
            lucieanneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I like your thinking Kirsten

1. Druid Dude profile image60
              Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How can rice once converted be converted twice?

2. Jerami profile image58

I have often wondered something similar.

5. profile image0
      Jake Gene Barnesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The Hebrew noun Satan means, literally: "The Adversary." From the very conception of his character he was meant to be the opposition to God. Yin and Yang. That is my understanding of it in terms of the literature.

However, as far as your question is concerned, the Bible does say that Satan could in theory repent:

Colossians 1:20: "...and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross." (NKJV)

But it also says that he wont.

Anyway, on a personal note, I don't think Satan or the God of Abraham actually exist, but I enjoy studying many religions as a hobby.

Extreme happiness and torture for eternity feel more extreme than yin and yang.

1. profile image0

Indeed.
          I was merely speaking to his character, not the outcome of his actions. His character is that of "The Adversary," where as his actions have condemned him to eternal torture in hellfire. There is a difference between the two.

As far as the idea of someone receiving either eternal punishment or reward goes... I think it's disproportionate to the crime/deed.

Nobody deserves an ETERNITY of punishment for anything they could have done. Nor does anyone deserve an eternal reward, no matter how great the deed.

Even if you gave Hitler 1 billion years of punishment for every death that he was responsible for it would still be ZERO years towards completing his sentence if you had sentenced him to an eternity of punishment.

That's what eternity means.

Also, the Bible refers to God as an "All Just Judge" and an "All Merciful Judge," (the obvious contradiction being that you can not be both ALL just and ALL merciful simultaneously). But if he was truly a just and righteous God then he would not sentence someone disproportionately for the crime they committed.

6. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hell Ya  roll

7. Jerami profile image58

If Satan is and was ONE entity, I am not so sure that he ever did or does need to be saved.

I  COULD  see him as performing a duty ...
      Similar to inspector # 23  at the Fruit of the Loom, underwear factory.
      Checking for elasticity and missing stitches.

Satan would be working in the quality control department.

No fruit goes out untested.

Just trying to be funny  ...   kinda.

He could be more like a physical fitness trainer.
      Making ya exercise until you can jump the highest hurtle???

Why would GOD Permit so much Evil and Suffering?

This entity had better understand History has endure for thousands of years and man suffering Why can’t Yeshuah not saved Satan and all of us, he is all powerful and all loving is that not true?
        Satan is just one fallen spirit being on his own quest, like all of us.

Come on folks, save Satan!!!

I'm sorry I thought I responded earlier.

Now I forgot what I said ...  must not have been much.

Yea! save Satan ...  everybody needs LOVE .

People like GW Bush need love the most, why not Satan as a spirit.

Very good reason Jerami , love Satan! for he need love, most of all!!!

Yep we do!!!

8. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

roll Save Satan would be no different than to say Save Santa. Meaningless in a worldview larger than the bible. lol

At this time of year Santa is more popular than Jesus. (not to be confused with Satan)

Save Satan, fan club is going along.

Cagsil
        How is your cancel God fan club coming along.

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

lol lol
          lol lol lol I'm not trying to get anyone to join a cancel god fan club.

But, you do pose an interesting thought though. wink

You mean you start promoting it rather than God just cancel himself out

Soon check out my new hub Save Satan fan club

9. profile image0

James 2:14
      What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

James 2:24
      Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only

1 John 2:6
      He that saith he abides in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked

Times have changed

Many think the ones who believes in Him shall not perish," believe only"
                                         Yes there is another part

If you believe in God, you'll go to Heaven. Yet the Bible also indicates that one must live a life accordingly, and that you have to be devoted.

If Hitler with all his heart repent to Jesus and change his ways, he too could be saved, why not Satan

1. profile image0

2. CarolineVABC profile image68
          CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From my understanding, Satan wanted to be more powerful than God.  He used to be the most powerful angel, but that wasn't enough for him.  This is why, he was cast out of heaven.  Of course, everyone can be "saved," including Satan, but he did not want to be under God's command anymore; he wanted to be more "superior and powerful" than his own Master.  I'm not trying to convert anyone in my way of thinking-personally, I wouldn't want that, either.  I'm just merely explaining what I've known regarding the subject.  Thank you, in advance, for reading my comment.  Hope it clarifies things!:-)

2. CarolineVABC profile image68
        CarolineVABCposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree with you, Deborah Sexton! We cannot be "saved by faith alone," and holy scriptures stand the test of time.  Again, I'm not trying to persuade anyone in my way of thinking-everyone can believe what they want to believe.  This is just my take on it:-).

10. ceciliabeltran profile image65
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

how interesting...and very archetypal.

11. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The premise is that Satan is ALL bad. Nothing redeemable about him. If that's the case, he can't be "saved." But no one is ALL bad. Humans are a mix bad and good because we have egos and protect ourselves with them. The other premise is that if Satan is human (even human spirit or soul) then he is like us and therefore not all bad.

The best explanation is that he is a symbol for man's dark side, which is ruled by his ego. He doesn't exist only symbolically. Therefore, every human has to be responsible for his/her actions and behaviors.

12. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

1.    Love is good; keep loving the Creator-God.
      2.    If you love your mother; you will fear disobeying her; as much one loves one; one fear one’s anger.
      3.    Satan always disobeys and cannot obey the Creator-God; so never think of loving Satan; like Jesus always disobey Satan.

The act of giving, Kris Kringle was once real.

There is no crime in giving love to anyone or thing. Satan needs love most of all, if it is true that God is all loving, then God will love and all people on the planet including most people who are not christain like yourself along with  most of the people on earth.

I don’t faith in any of the believers that think the world will end, because none of them will sell me their land cheap, so their talk is cheap too.

Religious war with atheist or other religions, is a discrimination to all people to make other believe these people are demonic, it much easier to kill them as sub human and blame it all on Satan..

Death penalty and beating, oh my.
        For all we have in life is what we give away, so what can be better than giving love to the ones who need it most?

1. profile image50

Did the Satan say that he needs to be loved?

You must give love to get love, always

1. profile image50

I won't suggest you to love Satan. Wel it is your own free will.

It one those unattached loves and pray for Satan, God always love -love and it's can be God will to see him equal as we are all equal

Does anyone say that? It is the most natural thing to give love don't you think?

Yep

It's also natural to be happy, its up to all and each one of us to do so.

Agree!

13. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Castle,

ha-satan is the human mind --consciousness-- that must be reset according to the original settings (i.e. Adam during the Seventh of Days). So this refers to every human.

They must liberate their thinking for life lead by the spirit, not the mind -- ha-satan. The human mind is always prowling around looking for something or someone to devour.

Can the mind of man be saved? Yes, by faith --which is beyond human thinking-- and is completely controlled by the spirit.
      [ therein ends religion, science, a theist and atheist, self-ism and humanism].

So long as we are thinking about having salvation, wanting salvation, dismissing salvation, we have no faith and are being pulled every which way by ha-satan.

As the saying goes: whoever is led into captivity, into captivity they will go...

I get what you’re saying.

Sometimes to break a broken record, like the salvation song. You have to scratch it many times over, and then eventually their will get rid of it.

If you get my drift

2. profile image0

Brenda

I was wondering where this fiery pit is.

I'm working hard to understand Satan and his bad relationship with God and I'm a sucker for bringing relationships back together again.

I read some where, hell is pit where they burned the bodies of criminals, is that true?

1. profile image0

I don't believe in a pit with fire.

Deborah

It was too far down on the reply, it might of been missed

By the way, do you think there is a hell or a Satan?

1. profile image0

Do I believe in fallen angels (Nephal) yes.

14. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nope.
      Sympathy for the Devil only lures you closer to the pit yourself.
      He is the father of lies and the epitome of evil.  Don't dismiss him so lightly.

Things are always a changin.

2. yolanda yvette profile image59
        yolanda yvetteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good answer, Brenda.

3. profile image0

Brenda, Brenda, Brenda, after all this time, I thought you would have seen "the light". The devil/satan = adversary. That's all.

But, you're correct, ha-satan is the father of lies and mans mind has lied to him from the moment he indulged it. Man pities his ha-satan, satisfies it until the power of it is removed by either death or regeneration. Yet, Y`shua explained, showed, proved through all his examples, the mind is useless and the "idea" of F/faith useless, because that F/faith comes from the mind.

No difference between those accepting and those rejecting --the difference is in the fruit of the faithful/faith filled, who don't walk according to their minds correctness --with or without knowledge-- but in the fullness of the spirit. Keyword: fullness not sort of, kind of, half@$$ed, fullness most get from churchianity...

1. profile image0

4. pennyofheaven profile image80

Or maybe the devil will much kinder to you?

Satan is not so bad, I love my job and he invented the whole concept.

Maybe because most people don't like their job,They want yo blame Satan,  free will says there is always welfare.

Talkin' bout Free Willy. Satan is not so bad. You have no clue, obviously. Take the worst nightmare, cinematic or R.E.M., multiply that ten times and add 1000 yrs. PARTY TIME!!!

What's "Free Willy", is that a porn Movie. Have you been to hell and back?

Why can't people be responsibility for own actions and free will. It was not Satan that possess someone to make the movie, "The Exorcist". He did not make me buy a family size pop corn box and 64 oz.coke and throw it all down the toilet, begging for Jesus.

That's my fault, not Satan, I could have stop the whole thing. The true church is in our own hearts, by praying for Satan is the ultimate gift of love, it is the first origins of good intention, since the talking serpent. God is all loving, who Believes in Him shall not perish," believe only"…

Well, Satan believes in God.

Save Satan, After that, lets all pray for Jews, gays and all other faiths from hell.

15. yolanda yvette profile image59

Salvation isn't extended to angels, it's given to mankind only, if mankind accepts it.  Satan is a fallen angel, but an angel nonetheless, therefore salvation does not apply to him.

God sent Jesus to die for mankind.

And as far as loving satan is concerned, you can love him if you want to, but he doesn't love you regardless if you love him or not.  Actually, he hates you, me and all mankind ,and seeks to destroy us all.

There people who hate snakes, troll, rats, bats and step on any bug they can find. I think everyone and everything is beautiful in its own way. Satan is part of nature, the Universe is part of nature, so love all, or separate things and hate many creatures and things for the rest of our life, I perfer to love all creasures great and small.

God must of had a hell of a sense of humor,God made a jelly fish. He took away their brains and back bone and force to live immortaltly for 650 million years , just maybe the jellyfish is content.

God’s made Satan into a snake, than a dragon and then a man  when he made Satan. God would want us to choose love, others prefer hate, Satan needs loved most of all and loved to death, as love concurs all.

1. yolanda yvette profile image59

If you were standing next to a rattlesnake that was about to bite you, would you stand there petting it and loving on it or would you flee?  Are you a meateater because if so even if you didn't slaugther the animals you eat, you're eating them knowing that someone else did.  How about this, Have you ever caught fish?  If so, why wouldn't you love these fish, instead of catching, killing and eating them?

Jesus fed 5000 with loaves of bread and fish, does this mean thatJesus hated the fish because he used them to feed people?  Sure, I love God's creation too, but God gave manikind authority over the animal kingdom for our food, clothing.  He doesn't intend that we we abuse.  He wants us to take care of them( but we are not try and get close to all animals or have them as pets).

I say love all God's creation, except the devil.

1. Beelzedad profile image59
            Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hilarious. LOL! Sometimes believers do point out quite reasonably why the world is in such a mess. smile

yolanda

I would rather face all the Deadliest snake in the entire world than to confront your friendly furry and fun lion that you ID yourself with.

Funny how many people major in minor things? The rattle snake is such a wimp, he is so out in the open, hissing and rattling for help or to step off.

Worldwide on the List of causes of death by rate of the rattle snakes is about 20 per year. Compare that to suicides at 60 million a year and then there are 14 other greater causes of death than suicide.

Christians have a greater fear of death in hell than all the causes of death on earth. Beside God promoted Satan from a snake to a red man with two horns because he loves him. I don’t what Native American think about the red man, white man concept, for the one’s who speck in fork tongue.

16. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

satan can never be saved from himself. Therefore he cannot be saved by anything.

17. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Satan Is not Condemned, for the lack of Faith ... but its Pride ...
      making it challenge the Creators' Judgment !

Sounds very much like the ego! Man thinks he has dominion, is that not pride?

2. profile image0

_____
        Please give scripture for this

18. kschang profile image88
      kschangposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't "faith saves" itself faith?

Therefore, isn't that circular logic?

Where there are no real good or evil but simply different levels of realization, that would be circular logic. The big up and down extremes can mean its game over

19. Castlepaloma profile image77

New look and real

Nice! Check out the hub if you like?

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Death comes as a direct result of sin.
    Satan sinned, his death is coming, (and in a sense, it already is in effect).
    Jesus died for the sins of man(kind), not satan. So, he carries his own punishment.
    God does not send to hell, He fullfils yours/my choices.
    Those who choose Him, are granted (eternal)life. Those who oppose Him, choose death.
    How much simpler can it be (or can I make it)?

1. profile image0

Well, that is very simple.

However, how is it you know you've made the correct choice?
      Also, some of what you're saying isn't Biblical (or at least isn't entirely so). What you're saying is an interpretation of certain passages that fit with your ideal version of God and salvation, heaven and hell.

Also, when there is no evidence to support the Biblical claims of salvation, the human soul, life after death, etc. how can I be expected to believe in it? You say it's easy, but it is anything but. It is easy for you because you accept it on faith and without question. I simply cannot do that.

There are many religions and many opposing ideologies to yours, how do i know that yours is correct and theirs is not? How can you prove to me that you are right? Can you even prove it to yourself? Simply feeling something is true doesn't make it true.

1. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you asked. Many people here just argue.
        Yes it's simple, because the Gospel is for EVERYONE. You don't need a Phd to receive understanding. You are correct in saying it is accepted by faith.
        "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast" Ephesians 2;8
        But, I know WHY I believe. So, it's not unquestioningly!!!
        Secondly, it definitely IS subjective, because God Himself confirms (within you) the truth. I for one was not raised in the faith I now have. I searched among those "other ideologies".

Since man has free will and Satan has been majority accused of being their core of wrong doings or evil doings. We want save Satan and take up responsibility for our own action due to our own free will.

I don’t what possess them to make the Movie the Exorcist, but Satan did not make me buy pop corn and coke and throw it down the cinema toilet looking for God, that was my own fault, not Satan, I have free will I could have stop the whole thing
          We have 5 members praying to Save Satan in order to save us all.
          Will you join us

NO! I will not be praying fr that.
            Besides, it is not according to God's will, so, forget it.
            He deserves everything he gets.

With 2000 disagreeable version of the bible, how you know what God's will is?

The true church is in our hearts, praying for Satan is the ultimate gift of love and the origins source of good intention, since the talking serpent.

God is all loving, I would want to be all loving and never would wish for hell on anyone or any thing. God's will can change, he will be very impress with us by our giving the maximum prayer of love to one who needs love most of all. Satan.

Believes in Him shall not perish," believe only"

Well, Satan believes in God

aka-dj

God has a hell of sense of humor when he took Satan arms and legs away and make him a belly crawling taking snake, Then God made Satan evolved into a seven headed flying red dragon beyond our wildest fantasies. Today, some say Satan is red man with two horns, and a tail and is fortify in our culture. God keep the evolution of Satan going, so he must love the beast. Once we all pray and give our love to Satan, he can turn into a handsome prince. Then we can see the light, darkness becomes the light. Save Satan.

2. profile image0

Also, in regards to your saying that Satan cannot repent...

The Bible actually says that he can, but that he wont.

If you think you can, your right
        If you think you can't, your right too

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65

just change your routines and in 21 days, the kundalini will rise to serve the godhead. yeah you could totally save satan. begin by accepting that he is not the enemy but was put there by YHVH to regulate the lower worlds, to test, to fortify.

Interesting, tians give shape to the idea of the unification of Lower and Upper Egypt by doing so, they attempted to fortify their own cultural.

Its about control over lower mental state levels of people, so Satan is not really to blame.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image65

I had an annoying discussion about this. In word myth the pattern of finding light in darkness is the spirit if this thread. It is symbolic. Once you see can love the beast, he will be transformed into a handsome prince.  Once you see that the adversary is here as a platform for you to see that light, then that darkness will become light. Its a recurring pattern in world myth.

You are a very beautiful writer

Like the frog and the princess

May we enter this one into the Save Satan fan club
                Up to 7 members praying and counting

3. Castlepaloma profile image77

You’re born with sin and saints; I prefer adjusting mistake as I go along.

If death of a seven headed horned, red dragon surrounded me with fire. I will repent with all my heart.

Most likely happens is All it takes is the mere mention of dinosaurs to send Jesus into the pits of melancholy, "far beyond any earthly definitions of sadness. Satan buried those dragon bone to fool people but man called them dinosaurs bones, just to test their faith.

Until then, it’s based on bad imagination with punishment far worst than the crime... And why? Because God love you.

3. profile image0
    Sri Tposted 13 years ago

It is a false concept. He has no more reality than Santa Claus. The old timers created him to scare people into good behavior. Be objective. Be more mature. Understand the tricks of man. Whatever was written is designed to control people. You are free to accept it or not. If you accept it, then you must carry all the unnecessary baggage that comes with it.

1. profile image0

I agree. It is all fiction.

I'm not a chistian just tying to act Christlike

Save Satan fan club will be fun, facing any fears makes you stronger.
      Fire is high energy and spark to Science technology as it is indistinguishable from magic. Through Collective conscious of people through pray, we can Save Satan! .  We only want to Save Satan in order to save ourselves. If Hitler with all his heart repent to Jesus and change his ways, he too could be saved, why not Satan or at least save our sanity by being a bit crazy?

Come you two, Lets love Satan to death

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

Another Satan thread, to go with the other Satan thread that's been up and running for a couple of days straight now.   lol

I'm going to guess there's not a lot of hope for Satan, as far as being saved goes.  Just a hunch.  smile  In all seriousness, I don't believe a whole lot of people who have committed ever committed intentional evil get "saved".  I think people like to believe that, and tell others that to make everyone feel better. (Wait 'til a few people who go around being rotten to other people and spreading hate in this world, thinking there's something they can do or believe to be saved, find themselves in one version of hell or another.  Surprise!  Surprise!  Of course, that's what I have to believe to make myself feel better....  )

Religious war with atheist or other religions, is a discrimination to all people to make other believe these people are demonic, it much easier to kill them as sub human and blame it all on Satan.. Death penalty and beating for gays, along Jews, atheist all other faith. We all have to play a game of hide and seek all because Satan made us do us.

I love grand challenges, and going to write a hub to pray and save Satan and speck out for most of mankind and the falsely accused Satan. Imagine, if we save Satan it will save all of mankind from such horrors on earth today and in our afterlife. It’s not about just feeling better and it about a healthy behavior, even if this whole thing only exists in our minds.

5. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 13 years ago

Yes, he can be saved if we pray real hard. His power will diminish if we all live like Christ. That's what I was taught.
    Sounds plausible to me.

The strongest man in the world can stand alone. It always better when others can stand too for an all loving cause too.

I'm for Christ like just not for the absence of reason

Follow me seanorjohn, I'll be right behind you. (Kidding)

Come on folks, save Satan!!!

Don't be ill responsible and blame Satan for everything, Let all march and pray and not only save Satan but to save all our loves ones and the billions of souls being extremely torture for eternity. 

Who is with me !!!?

Sure a few of us may get burned at the stake, shot at, verbally dammed, Would most of you prefer to take no chance and live like zombies, robots or send forever in hell.

Who is with me?

Woo hoo! I'm with you Save Satan!!!

1. canadawest99 profile image59
            canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

100 billion souls have lived on earth in just 6000 years??    maybe 100 billion souls have lived on the earth as long as we have been around which is several million years not 6000.

Remember God years are not the same as human years. Since nobody could read or write untill a few thousands years ago, we don't know what we do.

Huh??

Only going by book and by many Christians interpretation on how the years may have gone by, not really mine, just trying to cooperate for a change. Like jumping into a pool of crocodiles, let see what happens.

We have one woman and one man; you can begin a new way with that.

Who else is cautiously brave?

Save Satan!!!

If I repent it long enough and loud enough we will have a church of Love

Have Faith, Save Satan!!!

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

It is harder to be mean to somebody that is loving on YA.  HUH

I just remembered though.   Some folks take kindness as weakness.

I think I'll just pray for him.

Jerami that's all we ask.

Remember God can do anything and he love's his people to love.

Satan already believes it all. His job is to make us doubt....if he can.

Satan also invented job, he's doing a hell of a job making us doubt

I have no doubt that work is love, made visual, God understands.

7. VOICE CIW profile image67
    VOICE CIWposted 13 years ago

Castlepaloma, Satan and his evil angels cannot be saved, neither do they want to be saved. Jesus Christ died to redeem mankind not Satan and his evil angels. Satan and his evil angels are geared up to hinder God's righteousness and redemption plan for mankind. If you love God you cannot love Satan. God is Good and Satan is the epitomy of evil. If God didn't protect you, Satan would kill you. Satan's purpose is to Kill, steal, and destroy. Love God and leave Satan alone. To have fear for God is a reverential fear (respect, honor, and praise). To have fear for Satan is to leave him alone, and stay close to God.

VOICE CIW

Daniel Carter posted 22 minutes ago

The premise is that Satan is ALL bad.
      Nothing redeemable about him. If that's the case, he can't be "saved." But no one is ALL bad. Humans are a mix bad and good because we have egos and protect ourselves with them. The other premise is that if Satan is human (even human spirit or soul) then he is like us and therefore not all bad.

Castle
      As Seek and he shall find, I want to find way for God and Satan to change there mind to bring the world to peace for all, From the pages of Save Satan fan club

"The famous GW Bush once said" Jesus is my favorite philosopher, you are either for us or you are against us. I cautiously said I am not for war and he cancelled all my work permits into the USA, "that’s ultimate power" and Satan dose not hold it.

Satan knows what happens when you reject Jesus. He's lord God Almighty, you accept this or hate Jesus Shaman, in which can be found in just about every culture around the world. Many kinds of Shamanic teachings were sharply curtailed and then expunged under the controlling rule of Christianity dating back to Roman’s input. Pray for Satan to stop his childish pranks and join the elitists and rule over the lower mentally challenged on earth

It's love that concurs all, not war, Satan is not all that bad.

8. dutchman1951 profile image59
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

Ther Bible clerly says Satan is not our concern, I believe the phrase says; "Only God will crush the Head"

Your Only job, only, is to believe by Faith,

And I admit, the way the Churches and Religonists have twisted God and Satan to fit their nice little worlds. To Take it all in by Faith is very difficult at best.

John 3:16 states that "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life." -

Well, Satan believes in God

Believes in Him shall not perish," believe only"-

If Hitler with all his heart repents to Jesus and change his ways, he too could be saved, why not Satan?

9. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Satan always disobeys by nature and cannot obey the Creator-God; so Satan cannot be saved.

paarsurrey

Yes, belief in Christ is absolutely necessary to be saved, and that 's Jesus' emphasis in John 3:16. But then true faith continues to obey Christ as Lord, and that's James' emphasis in James 2:14-26. The passages don't contradict. They both teach important facts about salvation.

James 2:19-20
      "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe -- and tremble."

Satan can change his ways, he is more than half there, by believeing in God, maybe not your idea God

What makes you think he has the same rules as we? He fell from grace from Divine Nature. But, in truth, the true nature of Lucifer has never been fully revealed. All in time, little ones, all in time.smile

I'm try my best guesses and using everything I know to help every living creature on earth or in spirit by love, for God is LOVE, and all nature require love and that's all I am giving with prayer. Not all rules are carved in stone, according to 2000 version of the bible that all claim to know.

If Hitler could have repented will all his heart he could have a shot at going to Heaven. Fear is only the unknown, when everyone prays Satan has a shot too.

The most incomprehensible thing about the Universe is that it is comprehensible. Einstein said that. Einstein, like me, both believe in God, maybe not the same way you do. We think Satan could be gay and believes in God too, gay can be fixed, they say. But, most of the world knows Hitler was a Christian and tried to stump out atheists and gays.

If Htler has a shot so dose Satan,

We have rules?

Perhaps it's more "working with" rather than obeying?

About 8/10 of people in the world are religious and many of them are over obedience. They would rather fight than to switch to love.  I think God wants you to lead with your heart and shorting follow by your mind. I prefer ethics rather than morals For its in your heart where the church of God is. Many false leaders have already royally screwed with the many words in the one bible .

Today the conscious level is much higher, if someone comes along like Hitler again, the people will love him to death, because most people do not want war of any kind.

Fight for what though? Is it to be right? Is it to appear all powerful and knowing? Is it for God? If in their belief (those who are fight) are fighting on behalf of God. Since God is understood by mainstream believers that God is all powerful and knowing. Wouldn't that be an insult to Gods all powerful-ness and Knowing-ness?

Choose love I say.

And I agree with you wholeheartedly it is in the heart where the church of God is!

Typo, I meant many Christian like to fight, many Christian are not Christ like

He is like them. Boys,” he said, “the real soldiers are the Christian soldiers; the real battle is the ... No sooner does a boy determine to fight the good fight than Satan ...Fight the good fight, onward Christian soldiers and so on...miss leading

If the whole world had a convention, with all of the major Regions in one place,
            What would all the religions agree upon? There is one God? NO!

All Religion would only agree on one thing
            "That they are the right Religion to God. 
            My God is better than your God, lets fight.

There can only be, one Elvis in the building, love me tender

Haha  yep one Elvis and there are many roads to his house right? Okay...use to be house?

There are many paths to realizing God. Perhaps each religion has a different map. The thing is if in one road there is a pot hole their guide for getting past the pot hole would not be useful to one that is travelling a road where there a no pot holes but deep ravines and valleys..

If there were 3 paths to take, and I knew 2 of the paths were full of pot and mud holds and very difficult to travel. I would take my chances with the new unknown path and enjoy  the new adventure and new sights.

If you can pave the way thats all good!

Working with?  Give me a break.

What makes you figure God and satan are in cahoots?

What makes you think they are not?

10. profile image56
    exorterposted 13 years ago

faith with out works is dead

Martin Luther, the 16th Century reformer, labeled the work an “epistle of straw” because it appeared to contradict Paul’s message that salvation is through grace – not works. For most waking hours of my life, I love my job

Work is love, made visual

God is Love

If Presidents, Mafia God fathers, and Christian soldier go out and kill many and say their 3 Hail Mary’s and everything Ok with the Lord
      Why can't Satan repent and be saved?

1. profile image56
        exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

because of his love of self

What's wrong in loving self, after all. "The kingdom of heaven is within"

History Note

We wonder where did Satan the evil force come from, as he was separated from God, who gave the orders to do that? Satan is foreign to Jews, Torah first expressed a serpent does good as well as bad acts, (seems like me), but where did Satan first appear in a books? It’s said that a lawgiver and philosopher Piso thought it was a great idea to begin a new religion, Christianity that gives new moral laws to the Roman Empire. By being the puppeteer of Satan it was a genius in design to motivate people for fear that works stronger than love in order to control. We all know all this is so foolish because god gave us everything and only wants us to worship him, God would allows us to pray for Satan to allow him to make better of himself.

Too much to Ask

1. profile image56
            exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you love God you will learn how to be a child of God and live life the way He wants you to and that is your works

Yes I love God, yes I am childlike, yes God he want me to love others. I choose to pray and give my love to Satan for nobody need more love then Satan.

I want Satan to God's work and hope Satan will learn the loving  behavior too. Since work relates to love and since Satan invented job, where most work is done, it all coincide well.

Save Satan

2. Beelzedad profile image59

Works without faith is to live. smile

To thrive it helps to have faith about thing like, up, down, sideways and few other beyonds.

Notice that the definition of "faith" has two distinctive and different meanings.

There is blind faith, such as faith in gods, and there is faith based on evidence, like having faith that the the sun will rise in the morning.  smile

It still takes a lot of faith to explore the 99% unknowns in the world and then the beyond in the Universe

And...? Your point?  smile

The possibility of god is out there, we know very little about that possibility in order prove God dose not exist. So an atheist can not prove he is 100% absolute from only drawing knowledge from the 1% knowledge just here on earth. Leaving faith wide open, but when a bible claims its universal truth and knowledge, it give one a hell of unanswered questions.

Based on what? Myths and superstitions of the Bronze Age? Or, do you have some other observation from which do draw such a conclusion?

I think we will be changing to a new ways of thinking; most great men in history are in between super natural god and atheists. I just cast my questions out into the universe, and in gives me more powerful answers than if I didn’t, it simply works.

From my imagine hub

Few people have the imagination for reality and logic and reason can die off quickly. Your knowledge has limits but your imagination dose not. Reason respects differences, and imagination has a perceptible likeness of things. It’s an act not of reason but an intuition, Imagination is the eye of the soul and the voice of the daring. If there is anything Godlike about God it is that.

11. About-The-Home profile image60
    About-The-Homeposted 13 years ago

No Penny, it's in the imagination, like all good fairy stories.

That will work for me too!

12. Jerami profile image58

Castlepaloma wrote:
    Martin Luther, the 16th Century reformer, labeled the work an “epistle of straw” because it appeared to contradict Paul’s message that salvation is through grace – not works. For most waking hours of my life, I love my job
    - - - - - -

And there lies the problem  ...   and somebody says  (ME) that just because SOmebody says sonthing  that don 't meann that it is true.
    =======================================================
    Castle wrote.   
    God is Love

If Presidents, Mafia God fathers, and Christian soldier go out and kill many and say their 3 Hail Mary’s and everything Ok with the Lord
    - - - - - - - -

ME says ....
        And here lies the problem    everybody is listening to what everyoue else is saying.  Who said that all ya gottea do is say three hail Maries?   A HUMAN?      What is your head telling Ya?

Why can't Satan repent and be saved?

Martin Luther, says salvation is through grace – not works.

Jerami - you say its lies

Where is the faith and oneness with christians

If Presidents, Mafia God fathers, and Christian soldier go out and kill many and say their 3 Hail Mary’s and everything Ok

Bible Is it always legal to kill in self defense, or do people really still do in the end, revenge. The only healthy time of your self defense, is If you accidentally kill the attacker while acting out in self defense,

My heart says, I would not run out of ideas to kill anyone.

I thought thats what we are trying to do...Save Satan!

Satan dose not have a good work record because he has been framed and blamed for all mass murders and very bad deeds since the beginning of time. Satan would not qualified for heaven or earth according to human view point of him being a terrorist. His best chance is to repent gracefully with all his heart, with same opportunity as all there free will killers have.

Many Christian are not acting Christ like, what would Jesus do?

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, its easy

13. Aley Martin profile image66
    Aley Martinposted 13 years ago

Satan is a concept. If we buy into the concept, we see an entity that is dark and gloomy. William Blake says "we see what we believe, and positive people see no such things"...

So we can save Satan! Woo Hoo!

We are allowed to be as kind, or loving as we want We can give goodness to anyone anytime. We are not being sucked into the darkness

3. yolanda yvette profile image59

It's one thing to be positive.  It's another thing to bury one's head in the sand and refuse to deal with reality.  Satan's existence is a reality.  Get your head out of the sand.

Your reality according to the good book, would mean we etheir worring about hell or the majority of us  are going to hell .

If its just a made up Roman contcept we have had our heads in the sand for along time. No harm in Praying for Satan, its worth the shot , going to war and against anything can be harmful or un natural

Praying for the devil?  What is your obsession with him?

Sounds to me like he's definitely in control of you.

People on earth make billions and trillions kinds of prayers to God from all different ways to God.  I just think Satan is very misunderstood, its better to look at oneself first , before blaming it all on Satan.

I don’t over focus, or obsess, or over obey on anything, only sometimes on my art work. Your life becomes unbalance over doing anything as it would become an addiction

I don't believe in blaming everything on satan.  Nor God.  As some seem to do.  We have to take responsibility for our own actions.

But you, nor I, nor anyone else can help satan.  His fate (if I may) is sealed according to the Bible.  It is a done deal.

Pray for those who still has a chance.  There are plenty of people, animals and situations that fall into this category.

No, that may be your reality, according to 'the good book.'  But you can't say what my reality is.  You said 'if'.  So you're not sure that it's just a made up Roman concept, huh?

I base my life on good sense, why can't I be a co creator with God?

YHWH (Yahweh) the Creator alone IS SELF-Existent, (the UN-originated original). He is First of all things (Isa. 41:4), and He alone is Creator (Ps 146:5-6). This being a basic truth direct from Scripture, we must conclude that ALL that has existence must have come into being by YHWH (Yahweh).

Genesis 1:26-28 shows that God made mankind in His "image":

How did pride cause Satan to fall into condemnation?  The Bible doesn't tell us directly.

Where dose the source of all evil come from?

You base your life on good sense, however, you want to be a co-creator with God.  That's nonsense.

Are you a Christian?

1. profile image0

_________
                We were created in his image, so we are creators on a smaller scale.
                And before you ask..I got out of Christianity years ago. I am Jewish and have been for years.

2. profile image0

Shocking. When we examine reality, we don't find anything even remotely similar to the myths perpetrated by believers. However, you have every opportunity to show us your Satan so we too can see this other version of reality. smile

Satan is whatever you make of him. The Satan I see is tame and I control him and he dose not control me. Sometimes Satan fires me up for my job or sometimes a feeling of  freedom.

For others people it can be personal hell or hell on earth.

You have no control over Satan.  To assume you do, is to set yourself up to be greatly used and abused by him.

Satan uncontrollably real to you and processes you.
              He is concept controllable to me, no body processes me, not even myself

God help you.

1. poetrob68 profile image61
                  poetrob68posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am a Christian. There is a lot of arguing here without much answers.

Satan had his shot at eternal life and blew it. He tried to set himself higher than God. For this reason, he and 1/3 of the angels were cast out of heaven.

Satan cannot be saved and scripture tells us this. Satan's ultimate end is
                  hell. Satan's goal is take as many of us with him as possible.

We have to base our judgments on what the bible says. Without sounding like a hate-monger or worse, I will just say the bible speaks for itself.

Christianity isn't just another religion. It is a lifestyle based on Salvation
                  through Jesus Christ and none other. Believing that Christ gave his life
                  for humankind. Paid our eternal debt so we don't have to.

all I have to say

Who hasn't already said this...again and again.

It goes in one ear and out the other.

Stick around long enough, you'll see.

2. profile image0

yolanda yvette

God helps anyone, who helps themselves

You don't believe there is a God, so I couldn't expect you to believe in satan's existence.

How can I believe in them when you can't show either exist, no matter how many times you claim they do?

You don't believe there are leprechauns, so I couldn't expect you to believe in unicorns existence.

Notice how silly it is when all that is offered are empty words? smile

3. pennyofheaven profile image80

And what is reality?

Is it ever changing forms of existence? Or is it what is fixed and unchanging forms of existence?

In the manifest as we know it, nothing appears to be fixed as it seems to be always in a state of constant change. Even thoughts, ideas, beliefs etc are subject to this constant change.

So today's realities can be yesterdays illusion.

Perception is how we view (or not) the constant change

4. profile image0

Why don't you give some back-up to your reply of satan being 'only an adversary...any adversary'.

1. profile image0

In Jewish thought Satan is one of the things we struggle against every day, which is the "evil inclination. It's not a force or a being, but rather is a human's innate capacity for doing evil in the world. Using the term satan to describe this impulse is not very common though.

According to Ariela Pelaia: "Satan appears as a proper character only once in the Hebrew Bible. In the Book of Job he is depicted as an angel who mocks the piety of a righteous man named Job. He tells God that the only reason Job is so religious is because God has given him a life filled with blessings. "But lay Your hand upon all that he has, and he will curse You to Your face" (Job 1:11). God accepts Satan’s wager and allows Satan to rain all manner of misfortune upon Job: his sons and daughters die, he loses his fortune, he is afflicted with painful boils. Yet even though people tell Job to curse God, he refuses. Throughout the book Job demands that God tell him why all of things horrible things are happening to him but God does not answer until chapter 38. "Where were you when I established the world?" God asks Job, "Tell me, if you know so much" (Job 38:3-4). Job is humbled and admits that he has spoken of things he does not understand.

The Book of Job grapples with the difficult question of why God allows evil in the world. It is the only book in the Hebrew Bible that mentions "satan" as a sentient being. The idea of satan has a being with dominion over a metaphysical realm never caught on in Judaism. Judaism is so strictly monotheistic that the rabbis resisted the temptation to characterize anyone other than God with authority. Rather, God is the Creator of both good and evil and it is up to mankind to choose which path they will follow.

The Book of Job grapples with the difficult question of why God allows evil in the world. It is the only book in the Hebrew Bible that mentions "satan" as a sentient being. The idea of satan has a being with dominion over a metaphysical realm never caught on in Judaism. Judaism is so strictly monotheistic that the rabbis resisted the temptation to characterize anyone other than God with authority. Rather, God is the Creator of both good and evil and it is up to mankind to choose which path they will follow."

Deborah Sexton

Interesting

In Judaism
              Can Satan pocessed your body and your mind, for the only reason that you turned away from Jesus the Lord?

1. profile image0

_______
                Satan is not a being, but an animal instinct.

4. yolanda yvette profile image59

satan is not a concept.  Do you believe God is a concept?

Spiritual is the 99% unknown, nothing is more evasive and elusive than tiring to nail down what God is.

If you’re right, you’re just one step closer to heaven, as to winning the grand lottery ticket to heaven. Your are most likely going to hell and that make very little sense to me and an all loving God.

You're telling me I'm most likely going to hell.  I would never have said that to you.

And if you care enough to try and save satan, where is your compassion for me, since you believe I'm headed down the wrong path.  Where is your love and for me?

I love everyone; it’s the bible that says 144,000 sealed will go to Heaven.

Where dose the 100 billion souls go, who ever lived on the earth?

Not my idea of a good time

1. Joy56 profile image67
              Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

they stay on earth and it gets converted back to paradise, oh you already knew that ,,,,,,

2. profile image0

No wonder some feel they have to fight for their place in heaven? Thats not a lot of people huh?

For they do not know, what they do, some join the fight club.

Up or Down.

Yep agree. If they think fighting earns them points to go to heaven then it is obvious they don't see.

If the 12 tribes are from the middle east (or where ever Israel is) you and I and everyone not from there are screwed no matter what we believe and how good we are. Maybe we can catch a ride with Satan lol!

Where did all these souls go?

106 billion and not one of them ever came back or been able to ... the total number of people that have lived on earth is about 100 billion
              Year    Population    Births per 1,000    Births Between Benchmarks
              50,000 B.C.    2    -    -
              8000 B.C.    5,000,000    80    1,137,789,769
              1 A.D.    300,000,000    80    46,025,332,354
              1200    450,000,000    60    26,591,343,000
              1650    500,000,000    60    12,782,002,453
              1750    795,000,000    50    3,171,931,513
              1850    1,265,000,000    40    4,046,240,009
              1900    1,656,000,000    40    2,900,237,856
              1950    2,516,000,000    31-38    3,390,198,215
              1995    5,760,000,000    31    5,427,305,000
              2002    6,215,000,000    23    983,987,500

Number who have ever been born    106,456,367,669
              World population in mid-2002    6,215,000,000

4. Jerami profile image58

What is actually written is that 144,000 were redeemed from among mankind. Which implies that they didn't suffer death.

These being  FIRST  fruits unto the Lord.
              AND then there are a number which no man can count standing before the throne.

I believe that these are representative of the finalization of the Old Covenant.
                 It seems reasonable to me that the terms and conditions of the first contract/covenant would be fulfilled before a second can be entered into ??

If this is true, that great multitude seen after the sixth seal is opened does not represent the first resurrection described in Rev. 20.
                If you notice; they are described totally differently.

1. profile image0

Absolutely correct.

Hebrew Numbers are not literal numeric but based on characters/letters). In order to decipher 144,000, you need to set the letter order and determine what that order stands for. (If it stands for something other than what the passage says.) According to the passage a collective group from each tribe --under the Old Covenant-- was reserved for ???

144(x 1000) or  1000 * 100 + 40 + 4

example:

today is 4th (day) of Tevet, 5771
                5(x1000) 700 + 70 + 1

1. profile image0

Rev 7 tells it 12000 from each of the 12 tribes.

You argued that I was wrong about the numbers before, and now you suddenly know all the codes LOL

4? 1? right
                  The Hebrews do not share your numbering system (calculations)

The real number to decode would be 100, 40, 4 and 12...Tell me, what does the 12 represent.

The Torat ha Sod (Revelations) is from Jewish Mysticism and the codes are not like any other.

2. profile image0

________
                  By all means, give us the deep Hidden meaning of this

And..Give all scripture saying the old covenant is finalized and done away with instead of addition to a new covenant.

1. profile image0

I am writing hubs about it soon enough.
                    At the moment working on another series -Tithing to EL.

BTW, who said the "old" covenant was "done away with"? not I.
                    The temporal (sprinkling) covenant was completed, making way for the eternal covenant (covers everything).

wink

2. profile image0

Genesis 12:2  And I will make the a great nation, and I will bless the, and make thy name great; and thou shall be a blessing.

I guess that it was just an assumption on my part that when Israel ceased to be a Nation after the 133-135 revolt. It has been my impression that every Hebrew that could be found throughout all of Israel were scattered across the rest of the Roman Empire.
                    Since there wasn't a Nation of Israel for approx 1800 years  that this promise to Abraham had been concluded.
                    And the New covenant took affect.

This leads me to the conclusion that Genesis 13:15  "Might not have been interpreted exactly as intended????
                  Genesis 13  "For all the land which thou seest will I give it, and to thy seed forever.
                     It seems that forever ended around 133-138 ... until Israel became a Nation again (1948 ?)
                     I don't know. I just thought that forever was probably a mistranslation in this instance .  ??
                     But I have been wrong once beore. LOL

14. technologyvault profile image66
    technologyvaultposted 13 years ago

I always love participating in discussions like this, where the topic of salvation is discussed. 

Salvation means many things to many people.  I am a Mormon, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Our understanding of the most fundamental form of salvation (or being "saved") is the overcoming of death (the separation of our spirits from our bodies that ends our mortal life) through resurrection (the rejoining of the spirit and the body in a perfect condition).  Resurrection is made possible because of Jesus Christ's resurrection, and it is a universal gift from the Savior to every person who has ever lived, good or evil.

After the resurrection, mankind is ultimately assigned to a degree of glory.  This assignment to a kingdom of glory is also considered a type of salvation.  In order to live with God and Jesus Christ, a person must be forgiven of sins.  He/she must be perfect.  Overcoming sin requires works in addition to faith.  This is taught plainly in the Bible.  Members of the LDS Church are grateful to also have modern-day prophets to give us the details that clarify the Biblical teachings.

To answer the question directly, Satan is a spirit personage who cannot be saved either through the resurrection or by obtaining exaltation.

On South Park (a popular TV cartoon) they showed Mormon as the correct answer to entre Heaven by, on Judgment Day

Some think the Jews is the correct answer to Heaven

What if, all of you are all wrong?

What if, the real answer is love and kindness to God rather than Religion or Politics. Wonder if an all loving God wants us to be in the same image and be all loving by giving love to everyone and to ones who need it most, like Satan.

We know 2000 version of the Bible disagrees with each other. Why not try love and kindness to all kinds and types of people and creasures of the Universe rather than hate or blame Satan to the end of time. The History of Mankind has shown us it’s always has been love, kindness and reason that changes things, not so much the politics of any one group.

Where did Satan first appear in a book?" It's said that a lawgiver and philosopher Piso thought it was a good idea to begin a new religion,” Christianity" that gives new moral laws to the Roman Empire. By being a puppeteer of Satan it was genius in design to motivate people by fear rather than love, in order to control the people.

We need a new way of thinking and kindness.

1. profile image0

It was the Jews who brought the concept of one God.

Satan is a Hebrew word and is not a being. It is the instinct of evil intentions..the animal part of man..even the serpent in the garden of Eden is just an instinct to do what you want,,Good or bad.

Satan as a being is a Christian and Muslim concept.

It first came, from Hinduism, yet the devil is not so bad.

And a small crack in the bottom of the glass coffee pot isn't as bad as if it had been thrown against the wall.

Yet it still doesn't hold a cup of coffee.

15. Jerami profile image58

There are more things that are said to be in the bible but are not, than there are which is written.

Jesus once ask a Pharisee;  Why do you make so many rules that you don't even try to follow, that are keeping others from entering in.  Or something like that?

If God created everything, who created evil?

Or did man created evil by his free will

Or God created evil and Satan with the intentions of evil on purpose. The nature of omniscience

If God's creates Satan, he can also destroy Satan. We as people of God can love Satan and love him to death, as we are the same image of God.

If, all groups are wrong due to wrong translations? We can not not go wrong with love and kindness.

16. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 13 years ago

Isaiah 45:6-7
    That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

A natural occurrence is duality..opposites

Yes

Still, its all wide open, all groups can not say one group is the correct answer to God. Many versions of the Bible have many disagreements with many wrong translations.

We can not go wrong with love and kindness. We can not harm or we can not be disowned by God with love and kindness or at least it’s your best shot towards God

1. profile image0

_________
        The Hebrews in Israel do not have translations. They all read Hebrew.
        Hebrew is the same Hebrew from the beginning. They consider it sacred and have not changed it.

17. Jerami profile image58

Castlepaloma wrote
    Still, its all wide open, all groups can not say one group is the correct answer to God. Many versions of the Bible have many disagreements with many wrong translations.
    = = = = = = = =

ME
      You are correct that any group can not show an individual the way to God.
      This has been the problem over the centuries.
      Groups have been dictating as to the meanings of the scriptures.
    ================================================ 
    Castlepaloma wrote
      We can not go wrong with love and kindness. We can not harm or we can not be disowned by God with love and kindness or at least it’s your best shot towards God
    - - - - -

ME
      Yes and no.  All things in moderation I suppose.
      One person can not travel both east and west.
      You can love the light or you can love the darkness;  but you can not love them both.
      We should be wise choosing the things that we give our heart to.

It’s all nature; I have handled dozens of poisonous snakes, and love them like all creatures. I respect the snake and study their dangerous habits so I can touch them. Satan has been said to be a serpent, but still part of nature.

We are not able to protect ourselves from any danger or from any fear, unless we are allowed understand this unknown,

Who is stopping us from understanding the unknowns, unless some leaders or the some greedy are a worst than the snake, Satan.

Jerami

I notice you are the only Christian in the top ten forums on Religion and belief and near Christmas too. On the opposite end is Mark and everyone else is some where towards middle grounds.

Have Christians lost faith or is it Save Satan must be working

18. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

Satan has made his choice, he does not want to be saved ......  He is clever, so clever it's amazing.

Sounds like Satan is a an amazing clever predator

1. Joy56 profile image67

so clever he gets people to think he does not exist,now that is clever

2. Ms Dee profile image85
      Ms Deeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Exactly, Joy56!

19. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 13 years ago

Eons ago, Satan did something -- nobody is quite sure what it was -- that thoroughly pissed off God. Satan is finished. However, a small part of me believes that Armageddon could be avoided even though the Bible states otherwise. First, every living being on Earth must have knowledge of the Bible. Then, every living being on Earth must accept Jesus Christ as the Son of God and as their personal savior. The odds are against it, but this dictate is possible to accomplish. As far as Satan goes, he made his bed of fire. Now he'll sleep in it.

I thought forgiveness is the big Christian thing to do?

I have traveled most of this earth and I can tell you most people are not aware of Jesus, sorry to tell you that.

God is all powerful, but always needs money for the war budgets sold by War General Chicken Little.  Many Muslim constitutions run their countries, and Satan is blamed in the end anyways.

20. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

I read and study a lot, but somehow do not retain it as well as you do......  So you are happy with his faith, and of course yours now.

1. profile image0

________
      Converted when I was 18, a long time ago. We spent one year in Savyon Israel with his grandparents, that's where I converted.
      I studied the Hebrew language for 3 years.
      I am very happy with Judaism.

1. Joy56 profile image67

wow the Hebrew language is not easy to learn. Many people feel we will all go back to learning Hebrew one day, you will have a head start if we do.

21. profile image0

Gods covenants are everlasting

Genesis 9:16
    And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

Genesis 17:7
    And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee

Genesis 17:13
    He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant

Leviticus 16:34
    And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses

1 Chronicles 16:17
    And hath confirmed the same to Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant

Psalm 105:10
    And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a law, and to Israel for an everlasting covenant

And hundreds more

1. profile image0

You seem to think there is more than one covenant...
      Tell us what those covenants are, please.

ha- Deborah Sexton! You are delightfully entertaining.

====

BTW, I don't call them anything. There is no old or new testaments. I use the words old and new only because you(ambiguous) are dull and cannot see the simple truth, there never was a call for an old or new, nor scripture etc.

22. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

That is one of the best things you posted here --ever. The sum and substance of the events.

That ends religion and anti-religion.

1. profile image0

lol For centuries people have argued the true meaning.
      The Jewish, understanding the mysteries has the true meaning, the christian church doesn't have a clue and neither do you.

Yet you are going to explain it.lol
      Do you know everyone who teaches something not true is a false messenger and is accountable for leading people wrong?

Stop attacking me and calling me dull. Are you smart? lol

Should I find the many post where you called them the old and new covenants and said the old was done away with.
      I can and I can also post the links

1. profile image0

Ah, then you retort with Jewish folk know but no one else does.
        Are you contradicting your own words/requests of others?

What the 'christian church' knows/does not is none of my concern.
        There is no mystery really. So, it looks like your Jewish high horse is actually a Trojan horse for self satisfaction.

Am I smart? Why do you ask and why should I care to tell you?

The you was ambiguous --pluralized. Sorry you prefer to see it as meaning you. Although, on numerous occasions you tend to personalize everything others say (non judgmental, just an observation)...

1. profile image0

So, even though you were replying to me, you didn't say this to me?

"because you(ambiguous) are dull and cannot see the simple truth, there never was a call for an old or new, nor scripture etc."

Stop telling obvious fibs..ha-James

1. profile image0

ambiguous:

1. Open to more than one interpretation; having a double meaning.
            2. Unclear or inexact because a choice between alternatives has not been made.

so, how does that refer to you --personally?

1. profile image0

Again, you said
              "you are dull and cannot see the simple truth,"
              It is being said to me, you are applying it to me.
              STOP LYING

23. profile image0

The 144,000 have very special qualities; Revelation 7 and 14 mention them as highly favored of God. They:

* Are sealed by an angel of God
        * Are specially selected from the tribes of Israel
        * Stand on Mount Zion with "a Lamb"
        * Have the Father's name written on their foreheads
        * Sing a new song no one else can sing
        * Are redeemed from the earth
        * Are called "virgins"
        * Are not defiled with women (false churches)
        * Are considered the firstfruits of God's harvest
        * Are guileless and without fault

Now by this description, do you think these are Christians?

1. Joy56 profile image67

they are christians of course

1. profile image0

24. OpinionDuck profile image60
    OpinionDuckposted 13 years ago

There is no proof that Faith Alone Saves, nor is there any proof that we need to be saved, nor proof that there is a Satan, or even an Anti Satan.\\my opinion.

Most people in Religion believe in Heaven and Hell and some form of Devil or Satan. Christians believe Muslim will go straight to Hell and vice versa. Most people on earth are going to hell according to Religions. Major Religions believe that most of us whom are either non religious or belong to another faith are wrong in life.

When I studies history and people behaviors today, most people I meet say they spiritual rather than Religion. In Canada a hundred years ago 98% were Christian today 50% are, and most of them are not devoted and salvation shows you must be a devoted Christian to get to heaven.

Even this week maybe two out of the top ten posted on the Religion and Philosophy forum are devoted Christians and there is no Muslims. Muslim go to heaven on the basis of whether or not they followed the faith. Only 3% of Christian goes to church regularly.

Yes folks, Religions are shrinking and Satan is becoming tame

Lets bow our heads and pray some more and save Satan and pray for less Hell on earth.

It has been said that Satan is evil incluing the attributes of Lust, greed, jealousy, anger, hate etc. It has been said that God is Good including the attributes of love, humility, compassion, forgiveness etc.

All these attributes of God and Satan flow through the one thing and that is the mind of man.

So are they of the mind or are they from a source that springs from the same place? Perhaps two different sources if one believes that Satan and God are separate.

What flows through the mind of man then is man's choice to act or not to act no matter what source they believe it comes from.

If some believe they are beings then that is another story altogether. If one subscribes to this belief, perhaps this is why these beings have been given so much power to affect ones life. A life that is lived through the mind solely and completely.

1. OpinionDuck profile image60
        OpinionDuckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No proof is no proof

ok then so be it!

pennyofheaven

Not everything shows physical proof, but still can make sense and flow

I get it

Yes agree.

Christianity origin came from Hinduism and there form of Satan does not recognize any central evil force or entity such as the Devil opposing God. Hinduism does recognize that different beings entities can perform evil acts, under the temporary cause of worldly sufferings.

The concept is the hellish parts of the Ultimate Delusion where there are no good or evil but simply different levels of realization. When one defeat evil when evil reaches its greatest strength, allow us higher energy and empowerment.

The concept of  karma also explain evil to a degree, rather than the influence of a devil.

I do agree that there is simply levels of realization. If evil as we know it to be is defeated through this realization an higher energy and empowerment is sure to be as a result of our new found awareness.

Maybe you are better to write a hub on it, I don't get crowds like you do. My Save Satan fan club is not happening. Only my sandscupture and visual arts draws crowds.

I do? Cool! Didn't you share it? Perhaps no one understood the humour. I for one thought it was an ingenious piece! Ah well maybe I will. Will make for an interesting hub if I can describe it in words haha!

Anyways if you are drawing crowds to your artwork thats great!

You have the right stuff and magic to turn this ugly frog into a handsome prince'.

Writing is very new for me, I filter best through visual art, many are not ready for my blunt and fearless words, or I don't know how to message the words

Haha, considering my take on Satan, it will be a colourful depiction! I have no creativity when it comes to visual arts even though I love art in all its forms.

I cannot believe with the talent you have, you cannot put it in words! You know the castle paloma one is magic!!! In my opinion. That is painting vivid images in the mind of the reader.

Save Satan by turning Satan into a handsome prince! Lets do it!

In the pass, I have been a man of very few words. Maybe it's because a picture is worth a thousand words and because specking Spanish most of the time.

You coaching me along, moving back to Vancouver will allow me to practice English more and being with my daughter, all helps .

25. heavenbound5511 profile image63
    heavenbound5511posted 13 years ago

Hmmm. You ask if Satan can be saved if he had faith.. well the Bible says faith without works is dead..
    Satan has bad fruits, bad works, he is love-less, he accuses us day and night to God trying get God not to love us so he can kill us and take our soul.
    WON'T HAPPEN UNLESS YOU REFUSE JESUS ALL THE WAY TO YOUR DEATH-BED.
    The Devil/ Satan is out to steal kill and destroy us all so no Satan can't be saved. He doesn't want saved he wants you to go with him to hell when he's cast there..misery loves company!

Jesus died to save us from satan deceiving us and taking our soul not to save Satan..satan isn't a human being even though he can get us to act like him by his influence at times and some a whole lot more than others. The biggest lies he has ever fed the world is that he doesn't exist or God or Jesus. A trap to trick us all- if we will just believe him.
    Can't fight something that you don't believe is their,also you don't have to believe in satan for him to ruin your life. You can't be saved by the one and only God without belief either.. either way without Jesus whatever your reason to not believe is from satan. But with God you must believe in Jesus as your Savior!
    Wow satan's laughing now if you still don't believe in him.

I pray that Jesus reveals Himself to you in Jesus name.

Didn't Jesus die for "our" sins? Did Jesus say Satan is sin or did he say tempts you to be sinful, bad etc? Satan is not human so how can Satan be responsible for the ills of the world if Satan can only tempt. The choice still lies with the temptee (if thats a word)

The real question is though...did God say Satan cannot be saved?

1. Ms Dee profile image85

Exactly! The choice still lies with us as to whether we follow the temptation, or not.
        As to your real question, Satan is exempt from salvation because, as mentioned in the following, he has already been lost and thus doomed to destruction. His "number is already up". Jesus is having to protect the rest of his flock from the same fate.
        "While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled." John 17:12

26. profile image50
    Lhadybugbhadposted 13 years ago

GET HELP. SMH

27. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

First of all Satan and the Angels who followed Satan in the battle in heaven have already been judged.

Secondly why would anyone want to save Satan since he is the embodiment of all evil? The next universe will be better because Satan and his demons will no longer exist in that realm! The division and hatred that exists today and in the past has a direct correlation to the actions of Satan.

Satanis one of the architects of "The Plan". Don't be hatin'....don't be judgin'....How can you understand heavenly things, when earthly things are beyond our understanding...like why are democrats like republicans in different suits?

1. SpanStar profile image59
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The bible doesn't like Satan either:

John 8:44
        You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Star

I thought money was the root of all evil, then how can Satan be the source of all evil also?

1. SpanStar profile image59
            SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Castlepaloma,

It is the love of money which is the root of all evil and that desire to put money before God is the mental message the devil sends to people and lots of people soak up those things which are against God.  I believe Adam & Eve proved that.

Why did God allow the Bible to have 7 time greater discussion about money than they do about Heaven and Hell combine?

28. SpanStar profile image59

As I mentioned before, people have made money or at least the value of money their God so we worship money more so then we do God.

Still, make no sense, if people were more Christian, they wound love money less than, not more so, as they do, from what you are saying.

American Christian is more like Sodom and Gomorrah than any where, all backwards.

2. yankeeintexas profile image60
      yankeeintexasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you to a point! Their some people that love money more than anybody, or anything. Then you have people that believe that making lots of money is a security blanket, and have no idea that they are doing more harm than good. As a whole many of us do not worship money, and money is certainly NOT MY GOD!

29. SpanStar profile image59

Castlepaloma

We have found common ground, I agree with you.  We should love money less and God more but the history of man shows we value things more so then we should.

How to get people to move in a different direction-well your guess is as good as mine.  It's like trying to get a drug addict off drugs.

30. yankeeintexas profile image60
    yankeeintexasposted 13 years ago

I would like to say that Satan can not be saved for the fact that he is working so hard to bring others to hell with him! If Satan ever had a chance to be forgiven it might have been at the very beginning of his rebellion!

Maybe the only hell is here, on earth and Satan help us to wake up to realization of the survival in nature, as there is not much justice in nature and it's predators to avoid and learn more happiness and less suffering.

1. yankeeintexas profile image60
        yankeeintexasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I guess if this is considered Hell to some I really don't want to go to the Hell that is spoken of in Revelation!

31. SpanStar profile image59

There are some who believe in and I guess even worship Satan and that is a mystery to me.  Satan doesn't love or even like humanbeings.  As I understand the bible even before Satan was kicked out of Heaven one of is jobs was to go throughout the earth and test if people did love God as they claimed they did. Job happened to be one of those Satan decided to test with God's permission.

Satan help with the downfall of man by telling Eve it's ok to eat from the tree of knowledge.  I can't find where Satan was ever a friend to mankind.  Once again if I understand scripture once man was created he had those in Heaven to bow down before his creation and Satan objected to this act stating "We were created first"

People can worship whom they like but this guy is headed for a place most people don't won't to go to.

Yes I know he was called Lucifer but he's still the same old devil.

Having seen Satan's track record if he had won the war in Heaven if people think they have things to complain about now with this guy in control suffering, and pain is what he does best to others.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Having trouble separating mythical beings from reality? Try therapy - you might become less frightened and stop needing to hide behind a mask to cast your judgments. War in heaven? Oh - Milton - one of my favorites.

Look Out! Behind You!!!!! lol

My Mom said to me at age six,  imagination is OK for a little boy, but not when you grow up to be big. I ignore her and began a big success based on my imagination and invented a few reality for others to follow. The only rule was, is not to harm, blaming Satan for all the evil in the world is ill responsible and harmful to many of us.

lol

Yeah sure, Mark's living the fantasy world. smile

32. SpanStar profile image59

Mark,

It's better then living the fantasy world you've created for your mind.

Dear me.

Satan is not a real person. Get some help woman. sad

& you know that from.....?

Common sense and a detailed study of the myth dj. Sorry - I suggest reading a few books other than the Babble. Might learn something. wink

2. profile image0

I will acutely disagree.
        satan is every man, do a degree.
        satan is the rebellious human mind.
        It is the mind that tests and proves itself inadequate.
        It controls the body and even if it could the spirit in man, until one gives out --meaning the body or spirit. At which point the mind seizes to exist. Poor satan, deceived itself, for self and self glory, only to be destroyed by itself. Irony never has a better friend than that! lol

As the two elements of The Ism (for or against) so brilliantly, continuously points out: the constant provision of sensation (common senses) keeps the mind in power.

Creator did not design entities to test humans.
        Humans designed entities and idols of the mind to test Creator.

Faith is abject thought and result of that thought, its conclusion or sensation. Faith requires complete loosing of the mind from its power, freeing the body and spirit --together as a whole unit. The body then acts upon the spirit and salvation (from sin/death) comes. The mind returns to its place as the servant to them both. A transmitter of intangible to tangible.

All those crowing (for or against) Y`shua and his work, never stop to understand its purpose nor exemplification. Too many Peter's and Paul's --and in some cases Mary's-- running about.

The first get out of the boat, only to drown in their own fears (provided sensation of the mind). The second consumed by the thought of power (yet another provision) only to become slaves to doctrine, while the Mary's weep and are drawn like moths to a flame, the light of the moon, prisms of light reflecting off invisible particles of water vapor or electromagnetic computer images, swooning at the sensation and calling it gifts of the gods...

But, there is hope (because this is the purpose of hopes existence): Should man put faith into action, he can be saved. Because as the Ism again points out: faith without works is death for certain. Any man who desires Life --that gift abundant-- will have it to the measure of faith given him --so long as he exercises that faith in all its fullness. Else, he will join the others before and certainly after, who prefer to indulge their mind and its provisions.

James.

All in degrees, makes enough sense.

33. SpanStar profile image59

Mark

The only help I need is making sure others don't take you seriously.  Did you come up with it all by yourself that I'm a woman?

Well You're Wrong

Seriously? Oh good - yes you are very serious - hidden behind a mask and fake user name.

Just wanted to see if it was important to you that you not be mistaken for a female. I had a little bet with myself that this would be important to you. wink

34. SpanStar profile image59

Mark,

I'm thinking there's a lot going on in that mind of yours that we don't need to know about.

Really? Tell you what - you stop spouting nonsense about demons being a real threat - I stop pointing out that it is nonsense. Deal?

A lot of knowledge is less dangerous than a little knowledge about anything.

35. SpanStar profile image59

Are you kidding me Mark,

you're my best example.

Less worry about demon on earth means, less likely, you with meet up with Lord Satan in the afterlife. All self prophesy, Satan did not make us do anything we did not want to do in the first place.

36. CertifiedHandy profile image59
    CertifiedHandyposted 13 years ago

Salvation is only extended to fallen man. One of your readers made the point that Satan already is an eternal being which I agree with so he is outside the boundary of man's salvation. In order for humans to achieve eternal life we must live and die; it's the order of human eternity...

In His Service

CertifiedHandy

Most of the world dose not agree with that, I'm not alone.

2. profile image0
      just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Maybe so, but since satan isn't man that couldn't apply to him. So what you're saying is he's got a chance for salvation? Sorry. I just walked in. if the question is redundant just ignore me.

Just_curious - I agree in that Satan is exempt from salvation because, as mentioned in the following, he has already been lost and thus doomed to destruction. His "number is already up". Jesus is having to protect the rest of his flock from the same fate.
        "While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled." John 17:12

1. profile image0

So it's your belief that even if he were to show true remorse it wouldn't matter? He's just out of luck?

No. My belief is that the merciful God, true to his character, as illustrated in other stories in the Bible, had given Satan innumerable chances to choose to remain in heaven but didn't take any of them. He showed himself to be one who will never ever show remorse. Finally, having showed his "true colors" destruction became his due,

So much for Christian forgiveness. smile

Forgiveness is for those who repent, right?

1. profile image0

I'm getting a little dizzy. So your saying Satan can be saved. If he repents.

Nope, not at all. As foreignpress said 4 weeks earlier on this very thread, "Satan is finished. ...As far as Satan goes, he made his bed of fire. Now he'll sleep in it." Satan never would repent, even if he was given eternity to do so.

And note what heavenbound5511posted 4 weeks ago -
                  "You ask if Satan can be saved if he had faith.. well the Bible says faith without works is dead..
                  "Satan has bad fruits, bad works, he is love-less, he accuses us day and night to God trying get God not to love us so he can kill us and take our soul.
                  WON'T HAPPEN UNLESS YOU REFUSE JESUS ALL THE WAY TO YOUR DEATH-BED.
                  "The Devil/ Satan is out to steal kill and destroy us all so no Satan can't be saved. He doesn't want saved he wants you to go with him to hell when he's cast there..misery loves company!"

1. profile image0

Wow.

How does Satan in your opinion achieve his objectives that you list? How does Satan steal, kill and destroy?

37. Jerami profile image58

The verses in scripture concerning Satan being thrown into a lake of fire were actually only a discription of a vision.

Visions can be seen very similat to dreams.

The verses in scripture concerning Satan being thrown into a lake of fire were actually only a description of a vision.

Visions can be seen very similar to dreams.

If I had dreamed a dream concerning someone who troubled me greatly being thrown into a lake of fire;  I wouldn't interpret my dream as if that person is literally being thrown into a real lake of fire.

I would interpret my dream to simply mean that I will never ,ever have to deal with that person again.
      He is not in my reality any more.

Sometimes I think that people take the wrong parts of visions too literally.
      And when something should be taken literally, it isn't.
      Gotta run but will be back shortly.

1. profile image0

Sounds reasonable to me.

2. Ms Dee profile image85

Absolutely! Taking such things too literally obscures the intended message.

38. BobbiRant profile image58
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

Gee people, Read the Bible, I mean Read it.  Satan knows God exists and belief alone does not cut it.  Does Anyone ever really read the Bible?

Who is Satan? Who is God? According to what you have read in the bible that is.

I think atheist read it more, maybe because from being verbally attacked from all sides and from the other 2000 disagreeable versions of the Bible.

I agree. However, "Satan knows God exists" does not appear to be an atheist statement. That is why I asked.

As they always said to us in bible class
            God is a mystery

So Satan must be one too.

That would be true considering 99% is still unknown about our existence.

1. folkstone57 profile image60
                folkstone57posted 13 years agoin reply to this

On what do you base your figure of %99? Also, what does "...is still unknown about our existance. " mean?

Think about an apple, the peel represent about 1% of the mass of the apple.
                  Think about the earth surface crust 6 km. deep, like the apple peel.
                  Think about how much knowledge humans know about the surface of the earth.
                  Then think of what we know about the fiery 99% mass underneath that 6 km, crust surface of earth.

Imagine how much human know, when there are more stars in the Universe than every grain of sand on earth. Human knowledge being 1% estimate of the whole of the Universe is being very kind.

39. Claudin_Dayo profile image61
    Claudin_Dayoposted 13 years ago

faith alone cannot save you..

I have faith in many things, just not in totally blind faith for no sound reason or good sense.

Save you from what?

From the huge mystery, so they can keep us on the straight and narrow their way

Claudin_Dayo

Satan is too smart for blind faith

Would'nt faith and many change to good deeds work for Satan?

After all Satan did invented job and some really good times

40. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 13 years ago

the soul that once was satan has gone through the second death...destruction of that soul. It was reconsecrated to the original form of universal energy, to begin again as a new soul one day. the many followers of satan still perpetuate learned deeds and they can be saved by their total surrender to the will of the universal order...who knows how many  more lifetimes that would take to balance their karma.  smile

We mainly know how to balance our Karma, like how we know what is right and wrong.

Many do not feel important enough unless we do something extreme, and then learn from the addiction or abuse, then change. I don't get on or  enjoy that kind of roller coaster ride.

41. profile image0
    Kirruyposted 12 years ago

My answere to the question is there is no such a being as satan. No sin against God and absolutely no such a thing as hell hence there is nothing to be saved from!  There is God holy angels and good people. There is only some trivial misunderstanding here on earth otherwise we are already in heaven!

Castlepalomaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do get some healthy metaphor out of Religion, yet there is so much BS to sort through

42. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Just because we are mystified concerning a thing does not make the thing a mystery. ? does it ?

Just because  "I"  am confused concerning the subject matter;
    doesn't necessary mean that the subject matter is confusing, except on a personal (singular) prospective.

43. profile image0
    BunuBobuposted 12 years ago

Satan can't be saved because God is a jealous God and stuff like that.

So it went down like this. G and S were at a party celebrating the creation of humans and G saw S's moves on the dance floor.

S was too good a dancer and G tried to compete but he fell on his butt and the hottest looking angel laughed at G so he got really upset with S and kicked him out of the party.

Now that is unforgivable.
    S should have known that you don't dress better than the bride at the wedding, especially when that bride is your boss.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)