- Travel and Places»
- Visiting Asia»
- Southeastern Asia
Beautiful Holiday Destination : Bohol, Philippines
Beautiful Holiday Destination : Bohol, Philippines
This is a series of hubs I am writing about travel holiday destinations. I am very happy that I can feature some places in the Philippines which are worthy of visiting. Philippines is a country in Southeast Asian region and enjoys the tropical weather. Philippines is a nice and a beautiful country, rich in history, heritage, culture and many beautiful spots. It has 7,107 islands and it boasts of shorelines which are friendly to all kinds of water activities, surfing, diving and frolicking in the sands and beaches. From Luzon to Visayas and Mindanao, Philippines is blessed with natural wonders and you will never regret when you visit it. In this hub -- Beautiful Holiday Destination : Bohol, Philippines -- I will highlight Bohol a province in the Philippines as a travel holiday destination.
Where is Bohol located?
Bohol, Philippines is located in Region Seven in the Visayas area in the Philippines. It is bounded by a sea which separates it from Mindanao. It is adjacent to Cebu and Leyte. Its center is Tagbilaran City with domestic flights and connecting flights to major international airports like Cebu City and Manila.
Map of the Philippines -- Bohol is highlighted
Tagbilaran City -- capital of Bohol, Philippines
The Wonders of Bohol Philippines
- The Chocolate Hills - this chocolate colored hills is located in Bohol
- Bohol is home to many beach resorts good for surfing, diving and excellent for just lying around and enjoying the beaches
- In Bohol, you can see the tarsier the smallest primate in the world
- People are friendly
- The place is accessible
- The place is historic
- Strategic place which is rich in natural resources -- there are plenty of places to see overlooking many places, rolling hills, sceneries, mountains and plains
- very near to Cebu city, second financial center in the Philippines next to Manila
PANGLAO in BOHOL Province
PANGLAO in BOHOL Province is a top tourist destiantion in the Philippines because of its beautoful places for diving enthusiasts and creefs and small islands like the Gak-ang and Pontod. I went to thgis place when my friend got married nut eventually migrated to Australia,
- Bohol Beach Club -- a beautiful place and diving area and the beach is world class -- shoreline is beautiful
boasts of a marine biodiversity that is rich
- limestone formations
- cave -- Hinagdanan Cave -- underground water
Panglao White beach
Phillipines and Southeast Asian HUBS
- Philippines-Pearl of the Orient seas
- Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park -- Worlds Longest Underground River
- Boracay White Beach, Philippines -- One of the Worlds Best
- Travel to the southeast asia
- Singapore -- The “Lion City-State”
- Visit and Travel to the Exotic and Beautiful Bangkok, Thailand
- Hubtrail Capstone, Hong Kong Tour: A Beautiful Travel Experience
Chocolate Hills in Bohol, Philippines
The Chocolate Hills are an unusual land formation -- and is colored green (during summer) mountain hilly like formations in Carmen Bohol Philippines. It turn brown when during the hot season -- chocolate like. There are almost 1800 hills formations in Chocolate Hills. Amazing wonder. These hills are remnants of the ice age and is made of limestone, it is literally made form coral reefs.
The Chocolate Hills are a famous tourist attraction of Bohol.
Chocolate Hills, Bohol
Accomodations, Hotels and Resorts in Bohol, Philippines
I see this site very helpful if you are looking for a list of the resorts and hotels in Bohol philippines.http://www.bohol.ph/resorts.php
The Philippine Tarsier is a cute primate, one of its kind and can be seen only in the Philippines. Since it is an endangered specie, conservation groups are pushing for its safety and hoping to preserve it. Due to its minute characteristics, it cant be seen easily although of course it is visible. it is only approximately. The adult tarsier can be held in one hand, the size of a fist.
Tarsier -- Bohol, Philippines
Bohol is a Historical Place
Blood Compact Between Datu Sikatuna and a voyager named Miguel Lopez de Legazpi
The voyagers like Ferdinand Magellan arrived in Cebu in 1521 and thereafter some further voyages of Spaniards arrived in the island of Bohol. In 1565 a historic pact between Datu Sikatuna and a voyager named Miguel Lopez de Legazpi signed a peace blood compact. A statue in Tagbilaran City was created for this historic act.
Catholic Churches in Bohol, Philippines
There are lots of churches old ones in Bohol Philippines as you can imagine how the Spaniards slow;y created and shared Christianity in the Philippines upon their arrival in 1521.
Bohol Rsistance to Colonization
Bohol Philippines is known for resistance and revolutionary revolts and uprising against the Spaniards -- Filipinos can be proud of this. The Tamblot rebellion and the Dagohoy ( the longest revolt in the Philippine history) are two separate rebellions against the Spanish regime.
Tagbilaran City Statue of Blood Compact Between Datu Sikatuna and Miguel Lopez de Legaspi - Spaniard colonizer
Festivals in Bohol, Philippines
- Fiesta in Tagbilaran City (May 1)
- Bolibong Kingking Festival (May 23–24) at Loboc, Bohol
- Pana-ad sa Loboc (Holy Week)
- SidlaKasilak (Festival of Lights) at Loon (end of August to ist week of Sept)
- Sambat Mascara y Regatta Festival (1st Saturday of December at Loay Bohol)
- Suroy sa Musikero (December 25 - February 2) at Loboc
- Different Fiestas in Bohol (May)
- Sandugo Festival (July 1-31)
- January Ubi Festival
- "Hudyaka sa Panglao" (August 27–28) Panglao, Bohol
(List is from wikipedia)
Travel to Other Parts of the World
- I Remember the Beautiful City of Love Called Paris
- What to see at Malta : The Queen of Mediterranean
- Amazing Australia: Travel to the deep down under
- Canberra, Australia
- What to see at Amsterdam: capital city of Netherlands
Tips About Traveling :