HubTrails What you need to know!

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 113 discussions (209 posts)
  1. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I have started a new thread for Hubtrails because I wanted to set up the instructions and other information you need in the very first post. Hopefully this will limit the confusion and help us to get better organized.

First Important news:
    Marisa Wright has purchased the Domain HubtrailTravelGuide.com to host our project externally. Clap! Clap! Clap! big_smile

UrbanChaos has created a Wikipage to host the project.  http://hubtraveler.wikispaces.com/   Nice Job!

Sufidreamer and Habee have been working very hard to contact as many others as they can to join.  How cool is that?

Sunforged has offered his technical assistance and marketing know how to help promote Hubtrails. Yeah!

Cagsil has been helping with organization and ideas via e-mail big_smile
    How to participate
    1)Put Hubtrail tag in each hub so that it gets into the feed.

2) Write a capstone Hub for ________(insert your State or region) also include link to all of your subhubs in the capstone.
    3)e-mail a link to the capstone to me.

We will have to go back and edit the capstone with links to the adjoining states once I have all the capstone links.

4)You may be asked to include stray hubs into your capstone if they belong to your state or region for example Habee from Georgia has included a Grand Canyon Hub that does not fit under her capstone

5) follow this thread as thing are coming together quickly and Marisa, Sufidreamer, Sunforged or myself may need to include other instructions as things progress.

The hub tier will be set up something like this I think

HubtrailTravelGuide.com
                              /                     \               
                      US Capstone -------Europe Capstone
                       /       \                       /     \
                  State>>State               Region>>Region
                     /          \                         /      \
                 city         city                   city   city

Cagsil has written the US Capstone I need volunteers to write the Capstones for the other countries.

If I have missed anything please let me know.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image94
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohma, you're doing a great job with this!! It's always amazing how people come together for a project like this.. There's a lot of travel articles out there by different websites, but I don't think there's any that even come close to this! 

Thanks for the great idea! --and thanks to everyone that's helping to make it work.. You guys are awesome! big_smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image66
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

Ohma this is brilliant you and your team have done an outstanding bit of work!

1. Ohma profile image61
      Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Faybee and just think I just wanted a way to promote my Pa. Hub big_smile

PackSecure Welcome aboard I think SirDent has also done a Va. Beach hub that is included so if you could contact him and get together on a capstone that includes both I would really appreciate it.

1. Faybe Bay profile image66
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Promotion is Key! big_smile

3. PackSecure profile image60
    PackSecureposted 14 years ago

Sounds really great so far.  I hope to be able to be included.

I think if you add the RSS and read through the thread about what Ohma has planned, you will do fine! If you need any help just ask! Also, if you have some little known places that you can talk about, even favorite restaurants or nightclubs. Anything folksy! I am hoping to get my sister involved to do some stuff about Ohio!

4. cupid51 profile image68
    cupid51posted 14 years ago

This is great! I like to participate and like to write capstone hub for India. But I need some guideline or at least a link for a similar capstone hub.

Hi Cupid! There is a capstone hub link in Ohma's original post up top!

Oops sorry! That link didn't work. Here it is a capstone for Nebraska:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Nebraska-HubTra … l-and-Life

1. cupid51 profile image68
        cupid51posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Faybe Bay for the guidance. I am now looking into the hub!

2. Ohma profile image61

Check out KerryG Nebraska Hub and welcome aboard I will put you in for India Capstone.

Thanks Ohma, I got the link.

5. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

The site is up at

http://hubtrailtravelguide.com

One more thing - everyone should add a "rss feed" capsule at the end of their Hubtrail Hubs, and put the hubtrail feed into it.  Just the same as you do for HubMob.

1. Ohma profile image61

To include the RSS Feed -

1) Go into 'Edit Hub'

2) At the top right, where you add text, picture and Amazon capsules, there is one for RSS. Add it.

3) Open the capsule by pressing edit, just as you do with text capsules.

4) Enter a title - something like 'Hubtrail' hubs

5) Where it says 'Feed Url' enter:

http://hubpages.com/tag/HubTrail/hot/?rss or

http://hubpages.com/tag/HubTrail/best/?rss

6) There is a little drop down menu saying 'number of Hubs to display' - set this to 8.

7) For display method, set to full description.

8) Save the capsule, check that 8 Hubs appear, and you are done editing!

Marisa Beautiful and that was more than a little work! WOW!

2. Arthur Fontes profile image68
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marisa great site.  When I opened it my hub was under the latest story at the top.

That is one of the coolest things that has happened to me in a long time.  What a pleasant surprise.  Thanks

3. Urbane Chaos profile image94
      Urbane Chaosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marisa, the site looks amazing!  Great job wit this!

6. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Marisa
    in the other thread you talked about the capstones having their own tag would something like
    Country Capstone = "hubtrailcc"
    State and region = "hubtrailsc"
    work?

1. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I put the following tags on the Nebraska capstone:

hubtrail
      hubtrail-capstone
      hubtrail-usa
      hubtrail-nebraska

I'll be happy to change them if somebody else has better suggestions, but they seemed like a reasonable starting point.

7. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 14 years ago

Here is my capstone hub on India.

http://hubpages.com/hub/AmazingIndiaFactsAndPictures

Its an old hub, but I have converted it to a capstone hub for my hubtrail hubs on India. Right now I am in the process of adding the rss feed to the hubs.

Best Regards

8. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 14 years ago

Okay maybe I did this right and maybe not could someone check it? this is my Capstone hub (entry point)

http://hubpages.com/hub/readytoescapelakecounty

I used the "hot" in the rss feed, correct or should I use something else since I'm in Fla to link say Habee if Georgia and some else in Alambama?

9. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

RTE your capstone looks good.
    Sun Seven Yours too.

Please send me the links and do not post them here as they might get snipped and I wouldn't want anyone to get into problems with HP.

10. readytoescape profile image61

Should we also include a link to Marisa's webpage as a Gateway, and would that link be a "shall follow"?

1. Ohma profile image61

I would think that link should be on every Hub in the project. but lets wait and see what she thinks about that.

11. ethel smith profile image82
    ethel smithposted 14 years ago

This is fab. I better get busy

12. ethel smith profile image82

http://hubpages.com/hub/Greece-The-Greek-Islands
    This is my capstone Hub for The Greek Islands. Please let me know if I have got the wrong end of the stick. I will email the link to Ohma.
    I need to include the RSS feed I think.

13. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Read it Ethel left you a comment. That is a beautiful Hub. Now I just need to hire a writer to do my Pa hubs as i am running out of time!

14. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I have just added my Pennsylvania Capstone.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image68

Is there a list of capstone hubs?  I could write one for Cape Cod and the Islands if it is not done. That could fall under Massachusetts.

Is someone writing one for Ma in general (Cagsil)? I noticed you mentioned he was participating.

1. Ohma profile image61

Yes Cags is writing The U.S. Capstone to tie all the states together he will be including Links to each state capstone.
        As far as the MA cap I was kind of hoping you would volunteer. and by all means yes include the cape and the Islands.

Should I write a seperate one for Massachusetts?  Then do another one for Cape Cod and the Islands?

We need a volunteer for western Ma?

Someone could do Boston?

I will do them all but it might take me awhile.  I started one for Cape Cod already.

1. Ohma profile image61

I think the project is just going to continue to grow on its own. so I do not think it really matters how long it takes to produce the new hubs. If I am thinking correctly and I need Marissa to confirm, her site will update as the feed updates once she has it all together.
            I am not familiar with Ma., or the Cape so I think I will leave these organizational issues up to you.

ooooh Responsibility I like it.  Thanks Ohma for everything you are doing. 

Also thank you to everyone else who is putting so much work into this effort.

This is the closest I have felt to the HP community since I arrived.

15. relache profile image65
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I guess this is the closest thing to a capstone travel Hub as I have, since I don't write about one region in particular.

http://hubpages.com/hub/plan-a-road-trip

And I'm still in the process of adding more of my travel Hubs to it...

1. Ohma profile image61

Great Relache we are using the tag hubtrail-capstone to sort the capstones from the others in the feed to link them to Marisa's site once she has more time to organize. capstone hubs should have both the hubtrail and hubtrail-capstone tags in them.

16. relache profile image65

The new tag has just been added...

17. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Very cool now Which State/s do I add your capstone for?

18. relache profile image65

The guidelines for the project says that people have to make a capstone, and since the areas I write about are varied, I took my one travel Hub that seemed best to encapsulate the type of travel that I do and made that one it.

I've been asked by more than one person to contribute Hubs, so that's what I'm doing.  I figured the organizers would handle the organizing part.

1. Ohma profile image61

Cool the reason I asked is because I think Habee's Grand Canyon might fall under your capstone.

19. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I said I'd write the capstone hubs for GA and FL, and I can also cover the Bahamas, if you like. It might not be today, though. I've been at the hospital all day and have been wrangling with two wild boys. I'm pooped! (New granddaughter just arrived!)

1. Ohma profile image61

Holle
      Readyto escape has already done one for Fla. please get with him to include your Fla. Hubs under his capstone. I can not wait to see the Bahama and Ga. hubs

1. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually I only did one for my little area of Florida, but I'll can write one for the whole state. Habee seems to have a full plate. Give me a day or so and I'll have it up.

2. readytoescape profile image61

Hey Congrats Habee, Gotta think pink when ya head to the store

3. susanlang profile image60
      susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on the new grand daughter habee!! (clapping)

20. Will Say Plenty profile image61
    Will Say Plentyposted 14 years ago

I grew up an hour north of philly if that is any help.

1. Ohma profile image61

I was so hoping you would stop by.
      I have done a capstone about Pa. but I have very little info to cap and not so much time to do more. I would be happy to include yours and any other Pa. Hubs under my Capstone. I would also be happy to make any changes to the Hub other Pennsylvanians might like to see. Please have a look at my Hub and make suggestions. also send me links that you would like to have included in Pa.

21. ethel smith profile image82

I have done a UK capstone hub. Hope that's OK. I had wuite a few hubs to round up. I am going to do a Europe one as I have quite a few european hubs. Unless anyone else has alreadt started.
    To date I have just been adding my own hubs but let me have any to add.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-United-King … oss-the-UK

1. Ohma profile image61

this is great Ethel. could you please include the tag "hubtrail-capstone" so that it can be sorted with the other capstones?

22. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

maybe this is answered before, but do we have to concentrate only on one area?  can we use hubs we already have written and edit them?

I can write hubs about this west central area of florida, but I also have some Paris hubs already written. I could make one of them the capstone?

23. readytoescape profile image61

I would think that whatever hubs you have written about a particular area should be filed under the head capstone (gateway) for each state or country. I am assuming that will be done via the tags, but I am still trying to work that issue out myself

24. ethel smith profile image82

I have made a good start but I am supposed to rest my eyes and not be on the comp too long. Will catch up tomorrow and finish. Let me know anythuing I need to know. Thanks all and goodnight

1. Ohma profile image61

Ethel go rest! Goodness this will all be here tomorrow.

25. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Can anyone join this project?  And do you have a capstone for Ohio yet?  I have some hubs that can go under that as well.

1. Ohma profile image61

Glad to have you join and no Ohio is all yours for the taking. Have you read the instructions? you need to follow if not please go back through the thread I think any of the questions you may have can be answered that way but I will happily help if you need more info!

26. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Ok we really need to get this tagging thing sorted out.   

If you are writing a Capestone for a country i.e Cagsils USA cap the tags should be "Hubtrail" and "Hubtrail-Country"

If you are writing a capstone for a US state or region the tags should be "hubtrail" and "Hubtrail-capstone".

Sub-hubs that fall under a specific state should be tagged "hubtrail" and "hubtrail-_________(fill in state)

This will organize the US

And then here is where I need some help, since I do not know how the different countries divide there regions (like the US states)so I need whoever is writing country Capstones to tell us how to tag them.
    I think Canada's level beneath the country capstone would be like hubtrail-province
    Does anyone understand what I am asking?

1. Ohma profile image61

Tis seems pretty straight forward to me but maybe I am missing something.

27. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

Thanks.  I will read it through later today.

28. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

OK I am here now I see this is going to mean alot of work so I will undertake all to do with Ireland - I will start tomorrow as it is now 10.15pm in Ireland....Irish

1. Ohma profile image61

You are the best! I can not wait to read all about Ireland. Do you understand the Tagging thing to filter the different levels?

29. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Uh Oh
    I just encountered the trouble with one of my hubs not showing in the feed. I was informed by Sunforged that HP disregard anything after 15 tags for inclusion into feeds. I cut back on the tags making sure to leave the Hubtrail pertinent ones and it went right in.
    I have noticed many hubs that have more than 15 tags and I think if Hubtrail pertinent tags are not in the first 15 they will not be included into the appropriate feeds.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only 16 Hubs have uploaded to the Hubtrail site, so I suspect a lot of people are either using too many tags, have the wrong tag or have forgotten to add it.

1. Ohma profile image61

Marissa I have tried and tried to explain the tagging I feel I am not getting anywhere I could really use some assistance.

2. Ohma profile image61

and I am also already showing visits from the site!!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Woohoo!   

I know this is a funny thing to get excited about, but I had two spam comments today.

Usually it takes spammers weeks to find a new site, so it's a good sign!

3. relache profile image65
        relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The fact that the tagging conventions keep being altered or expanded isn't making it any easier on the Hub author end.

I have "hubtrail" as a tag on nearly a dozen Hubs, and not one shows up on the site.

1. Ohma profile image61

Relache I do apologize for that I am just learning as I go here I really never expected this to take off as it has. I know that my limited knowledge is really hampering this and I wish I knew what to do about it because I feel that it can be a really great project for all involved.

1. sunforged profile image75
            sunforgedposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohma you have done a great job!

Everything I see you have done is completely necessary. You guys will need your tagging structure in order to create a navigable system of hopping down the hubtrail - the system you have devised seems spot on to me.

It seems as if hubpages only creates or adds your hub to a "tag" page (and in turn an rss) for the first 15 or so tags - I havent personally tried to figure out the exact number.(Thanks to Susana S. for sharing this during the 60dc)

I dont see how any tag could be outranking another? If this somehow relates to search results, its far to early for such things to matter.

Your always going to see inconsistencies in the rss feeds - each service updates at different times - MW now has 27 hubs in the feed - it probably is set to latest? and is never going to show the old hubs? - even if set to hot or best - it cant grab all the previously syndicated content. But these capstones your creating should all be captured by the feed.

30. ReuVera profile image79
    ReuVeraposted 14 years ago

Hi, Ohma,
    I composed a capsule hub for my Israel hubtrail hubs. I wonder if it is shown in the feeds and also in other sauces of the campaign ...

http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Guide-to-Holy … l-Hubtrail

31. readytoescape profile image61

Should State capstone rss feeds be looking for the particular state tags? And should we enter something like,

http://hubpages.com/tag/HubTrail/usa/florida/?rss

1. Ohma profile image61

RTE If you are writing a capstone for a US state or region the tags should be "hubtrail" and "Hubtrail-capstone".

That will allow it to show up here http://hubpages.com/tag/hubtrails-capstone/hot?rss to be included in the feed to the country capstones.

32. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Reu Vera It may take a while for it to show up in the feed, and if this is a capstone hub for all of Isreal then you should also include the tag "Hubtrail-country"

1. ReuVera profile image79
      ReuVeraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Ohma, for your guidance. You are doing a great job!

33. readytoescape profile image61

Ohma,

Not the tags, but in the rss feed capsule for state sub-hubs to follow under for a particular state. So that the capstone hub shows only state hubs

1. Ohma profile image61

Sub-hubs that fall under a specific state should be tagged "hubtrail" and "hubtrail-_________(fill in state)

I am putting both the Hubtrail and Hubtrail-Pennsylvania Rss on my capstone side by side.

34. readytoescape profile image61

That's what I thought but when I put in the the rrs feed for Florida it came back as unrecognised. I'll try to drop the "usa"

35. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago
    1. readytoescape profile image61

Bingo that worked, Florida Capstone Published

36. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I am glad I could make you happy. I do not understand why only 16 hubs have uploaded to the site there are 120 in the feed right now.

37. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

What a great idea!

I'll be writing something up about Minnesota!

38. relache profile image65

Something must have just updated because now I'm seeing my Hubs on the site.

I'd also like to point out that I'm seeing the "hubtrail-(state)" tags outrank the regular "hubtrail" one, so is it really necessary to have both?  I've got some great Hubs, but I don't want to sacrifice tags that Google loves for ones just for this project.

1. Ohma profile image61

One of the things that I learned today is that only the first 15 tags will place your hub in a HP rss feed. so you may be correct in that it is not prudent to double tag. I really do not know but I think google sees them all the trouble is that yeildbuild places them alphabetically and so HP doesn't see the end ones.

39. relache profile image65

Also, can a category be added under "Americas" for Central America?  I've got a Hub about my trip last February to Costa Rica.

1. Ohma profile image61

Great idea and as far as I know we have no others from that area. I would love to see more from there.

40. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sunforged thank-you. I was starting to get very discouraged with things. I am having a difficult time getting people to understand the tagging and it seems to be hampering the project.

41. sunforged profile image75
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

You explained just fine. Its pretty straight forward, as you said.

It will just take some time before people catch on to your tagging system - Did you create a central info hub yet? Someplace where the important info isnt quickly lost in a sea of comments?

You probably dont want to depend on readers wading through 5 pages of this thread to find your added tag suggestions - hence the need for a central info hub.

You have started a rather expansive project it will take some time (weeks) to get a handle on the scope as an organizer.

No reason to be discouraged, you should be proud, well done.

1. Ohma profile image61

{{blush]] I am glad you think so. I thought about writing a central hub but was not sure if it would take away the momentum that the forum has generated. ?????

42. theirishobserver. profile image62

Talk to me as if I am three years old - what do I need to do - should I go off and write a Hub about Ireland - I am not technical so explain what I need to do - slowly smile

43. ethel smith profile image82

Ohma I have gathered all my European Hubs into one at http://hubpages.com/hub/European-Hubtrail
    Hope I have not jumped ahead. I never could follow rules smile
    I just need to add the rss feeds throughout various of my hubs.
    I think I am going to retitle my TRAVEL hubs group as Hubtrail travel for ease. Let me know any thoughts etc. I am back at work next week and will have less time hence the race now.

44. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Sorry folks being half way round the world from you is making the organizing a little difficult. I am going to write a very specific hub today with instructions today as soon as I clarify some things on my end so please bear with me,

Irish writ hub\s about Ireland's lesser known places to visit until I have the instruction Hub done.

45. ethel smith profile image82

Ohma does it matter that I put Hubtrail, hubtrails and so on in my hub tags. I am not sure if mine are showing up in the feed yet.
    Sorry to be a pain.
    Will catch the reply tomorrow

46. RedElf profile image87
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

That would be great - a how-to like for Hubmob - can anybody play?
    ...and if so how do I get started?

47. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Ethel yes I have a number of yours showing up in the feed
    and redelf you are certainly welcome to play along. as I said I am waiting for some info from MW and when I have that I will be doing a how to guide Hub.

1. RedElf profile image87
      RedElfposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Ohma - will I have to unpublish any hubs and start from "click this link" as in the HubMob, or can I go ahead and start writing them as hubs now?
      The reason I ask is that I am currently working on some for the hubmob, and need to know if I can link them too, or if I should just write them as word docs and make hubs when you have all the info in line?

1. Ohma profile image61

no need to unpublish anything it is all in the tagging but I need some clarification on the tagging from Marisa before I proceed. the tags can be added to your hub anytime.

2. ethel smith profile image82
      ethel smithposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Ohma. I am also going to prune my tags as was suggested.

48. Arthur Fontes profile image68
    Arthur Fontesposted 14 years ago

I finished a hub on Cape Cod and the Islands.  I put in a hubtrail-capstone tag as well as a hubtrail-cape cod and the islands.

I am not sure if what I have done is what everyone is looking for?

I am working on one for Massachusetts and should have it done in a day or two.

Just let me know.

Is there a capstone RSS feed?

1. Ohma profile image61

I have published the capstone hub for India. Please check the hub and let me know whether I have missed something!
        http://hubpages.com/hub/A-Travelers-Guide-To-India

Thanks

49. RedElf profile image87
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Thanks again, Ohma - I saw my hub on the site - looks great! I have emailed Dale, and hope to hear from him soon.

As far as the rest of us not getting confused - hahahahaahaha
    Sorry - just had to add that

I am with theirishobserver - I need simple, one-step-at-a-time instructions. I was getting all mixed up between file paths and tags. I'm still not sure how to include other hubs aside from pasting them in, but I am sure that will all be made clear big_smile

50. theirishobserver. profile image62

thanks Ohma - I will write until I recieve further instructions smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)