The HubPages Elite?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (66 posts)
  1. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

I just published my 50th hub, and as all my hubs are featured, I received my 50th Featured Hub accolade.  In the e-mail notifying me of this, I also read that I was in the "elite" with only 1 percent of Hubbers earning that accolade.  I was rather surprised that only 1 percent ever get 50 featured hubs, although I know many people come here, post a few hubs and leave.

For those that have reached the 100 featured hubs accolade, did the e-mail give you a percent of Hubbers that have reached that level?  I'd love to know what it is. big_smile

1. Au fait profile image84
      Au faitposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I never got an email notification that I'm aware of.  Once the accolade was created, one day it was just there amongst my other accolades (100 featured hubs).  There are people here with the accolade for 200 or 300 featured hubs, so 100 is good, but there are plenty of people with more.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm surprised that few of a percentage write more hubs than that. Do that many people quit before that point? Congratulations for reaching 50 hubs Keep up the good work.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

With a few dozen Hubs to go before reaching a 2000-featured mark, I received no actual percentage figure when the new accolade began and I was happily surprised with one. The accolade is a nice motivation for many, I think.

The HP FAQ's list these benchmark numbers of Hubs for earning new "Featured" accolades:

"Featured Hubs (5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 300, 500, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000)" and the link is at  http://hubpages.com/faq/#accolades   

If you stay motivated, you can achieve increasing numbers of accolades along this spectrum...and  look at how many are between 2000 and 5000! Stay motivated, even through HP changes and Google changes, and you can do it.

Congratulations on 50!

4. Donna Huebsch profile image75
      Donna Huebschposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations on reaching your 50th!  Great accomplishment!

agilitymachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you!!!! big_smile

2. profile image0
    CroftRoanposted 10 years ago

I have over 100 featured hubs but I didn't look at the email. I was too busy celebrating the accomplishment.

Congrats!!

3. Cerebral Aspect profile image74
    Cerebral Aspectposted 10 years ago

A few weeks ago I got to the 25 mark, and I was told I was in the top 3%.  I think I'm on the right track, at that point 25 of 29 of my hubs have been featured.

Interesting.  That's not much of a difference between the 3 percent at 25 and 1 percent at 50.  It sounds like if a hubber gets to 25, they have a strong chance of reaching 50 without quitting. smile

4. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 10 years ago

Congrats on achieving your accolade... although personally, I am a bit confused by how factually my sharing of such an alleged 'elite' status, has apparently necessitated the 'taking away' of my 'Helpful' accolade, by the same issuing party!  roll  smile
    How very strange!  hmm

I haven't checked if my helpful accolade is there or not.  I didn't know they could come and go!! big_smile

5. toptendeals profile image71
    toptendealsposted 10 years ago

Congrats on your 50th!

6. ossmedia profile image57
    ossmediaposted 10 years ago

Congrates

Thanks both of you!!!

7. cristianneacsu profile image54
    cristianneacsuposted 10 years ago

nice and cool wish you to accomplish even more good things here on hubpages I just following you

Thank you cristainneacsu!!!

8. PHILLYDREAMER profile image79
    PHILLYDREAMERposted 10 years ago

It took me some time to update my Hubs, but I managed to get all but two of them featured.  I'm close to the 150 mark, so if they have a badge for that I can let you know what the email says.  This milestone will be hard to keep with the new changes, so make sure you keep revisiting your hubs and keep them fresh.

Thank you Phillydreamer!!!  If they give you an accolade for the 150 mark, please do drop in and let us know if there's a percentage attached. smile  And congrats on 150 featured hubs!!!  You're prolific!!

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have over 150 and never got one, so I don't think so. I'll try for my 200 and see what that says. You've got me curious.

9. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 10 years ago

Hi Agilitymach your post piqued my curiosity so I went back and found my "100 hub" email from last August. This is all it said:
    "You have hit a pretty impressive milestone—you have published 100 Hubs!

Fun fact: When a television show reaches 100 episodes, it is typically considered viable for syndication. Now that you have published 100 Hubs, you could be considered somewhat of a hit yourself!"

I guess that means I am like an old rerun but no longer elite.Like Pearldiver, I have also noticed that they took away my "helpful" accolade. Am I no longer helpful? Tooooo strange.

That's odd that the "helpful" accolade is missing.  I need to check and see if I'm missing any accolades.  I didn't know they could disappear.  I did know the communicator accolade and go up and down.

10. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

If it is anything like most websites, less than 10% make even one hub. I would not even count the other 90% in any meaningful statistics.

I was wondering what the stats of those who don't make a hub or only make one or two is.  That would be interesting to know.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

This.

11. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

I alerted the newspapers and then Diane Sawyer came out and did a piece on me.

Geeze!!  I didn't think of doing that!!  I bet your numbers went way up after that media blitz.. wink

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's true, but I couldn't go anywhere without being mobbed so I started writing under my pen name... John Grisham.

12. kthix10 profile image77
    kthix10posted 10 years ago

I have 100 featured hubs and I am not sure I even saw an email - hmmmm - Getting close to the 150 mark

13. crazyhorsesghost profile image71
    crazyhorsesghostposted 10 years ago

I have over 1000 featured Hubs and I have never received a email about it though I do have a little badge about 1000 featured Hubs.

1. profile image0

It comes in that email that says "HP's notifications.... you might have just deleted it.

1000 featured hubs?! That's crazy, crazy horse.

2. agilitymach profile image94

I agree.  One thousand featured hubs is crazy.  You are incredibly prolific!!!  I have trouble finding time for just one hub.  Uber congrats!!!!

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ditto, I have 280 hubs published, all of which are featured, yet I never got an email telling me I was 'elite' in any way shape or form lol.

Well, Misty, you're more than elite apparently!!!  Congrats. smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
          mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

lol, I wish smile but thanks anyway!

14. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 10 years ago

Congratulations, agilitymach. That's an awesome milestone to reach. I'm only 3 away with one in the oven (as of 7-1-13)!!!  smile

Congrats to you too!!!  You'll be there in no time. smile

15. Zsuzsi profile image60
    Zsuzsiposted 10 years ago

Congrats on accomplishing 50 featured hubs! And thanks for posting on it. It's great knowing that once I get there, it will be a HP milestone to celebrate for me too. smile

Thank you Zsuzki!!!!  You'll get there before you know it. smile

16. To Start Again profile image70
    To Start Againposted 10 years ago

You know I wonder if the one percent is more about having all of your hubs featured instead of how many are featured. Seems like my 25 one said the same thing about the one percent. I'd say it's less likely for a hubber to have all of their hubs featured than it is to have fifty featured hubs. I mean, there are a lot of hubbers here who have more than fifty hubs that are probably featured. Fifty featured is still a big accomplishment, though!Congrats on that, for sure! smile  I'm not trying to take away from that-just wondering about the '1%'...

17. Kathryn Stratford profile image91
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years ago

I think that is for 50 featured hubs in a row, not just total featured hubs. But 1 % does seem awfully low.
    Congrats on making that accolade!

It could be on having 50 featured hubs out of 50 hubs.  I don't think I have the e-mail anymore to check the wording, but perhaps that's it. Thanks!

1. To Start Again profile image70
        To Start Againposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I didn't have my email, either. I was going to see the exact wording but I think it makes more sense that it would be for having 50 out of 50. Assuming you have no hubs that aren't featured, that would be a tougher thing to accomplish IMO. Considering all of the people I've heard complaining about their non featured hubs, I'd say having all featured isn't too common...

18. KL Klein profile image67
    KL Kleinposted 10 years ago

Congratulations on reaching 50!
    I myself am only 36 hubs away from getting there too. wink

Thank you!!!  You're actually not that far away from the 25 featured hubs accolade. big_smile  Keep up that good work. smile

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

This is interesting because I have 122 hubs right now, all of which are featured and most of which have been featured ever since publication.  I never received an email and do not think there's an accolade either.  All of this is news to me, that's for sure!

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
          rebekahELLEposted 10 years agoin reply to this

TT, you have an accolade for having at least 100 featured hubs.
          I don't remember receiving an email, and all of mine are featured.  I don't read all of my emails..  As long as they're featured, that's my concern.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

rebekahELLE: Guess I missed that one...thanks.

19. Astra Nomik profile image63
    Astra Nomikposted 10 years ago

I have 31 hubs, and 28 of them are poetry hubs. All my hubs are featured. I am very happy to see that. I think the efforts made to keep hubs updated and maximized for the broadest readership does help. Social media also helps to keep hubs in the view of potential new readers.

20. ChitrangadaSharan profile image90
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 10 years ago

Congratulations on reaching the 50 mark!
    I have 31 featured hubs--Hope to reach there soon! I did get an email and accoload,  when I reached 25, notifying that  I am among the 3%.
    Wish you all the best for future!

21. Cheeky Girl profile image64
    Cheeky Girlposted 10 years ago

I got the email yesterday about having 50 of my Hubs featured and of my being in the top 1% of ...er... something here. Anyway, I'm happy with that small blue badge in my activity tab, and maybe my score will rise a wee bit now!

Congrats to Patty and all the great writers here in Hub Pages who show how it is done!

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Cheeky Girl - some of my earlier Hub titles are pretty BAD (so don't anyone emulate those), and I am changing them as I think of better ones. LOL.

1. toptendeals profile image71
        toptendealsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My worst hub seo wise so far has brought 17 viewers (including hubpages referrals).  Dont think it can get worse than that smile

1. KL Klein profile image67
          KL Kleinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How long has that particular hub been up for? [I still haven't gotten seo titles down yet either..]

Maybe about 11 days or so =p

That's not bad. smile  My best hub has 20,500 views created on Jan. 2013, but my worst hub was created almost a year ago. It only has 39 views. smile  It's a creative writing hub, and they tend not to get much Google traffic, unfortunately.  You'll get the hang of this and get better at creating hubs that attract readers, although it usually takes a while for a hub to gain traction and get those readers.

wow nice views smile

22. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 10 years ago

Congrats to everyone on so many featured hubs!!!  And as far as titles go, I completely suck at them!! I'm seriously incapable of creating a good SEO title, I've decided.

1. profile image0

haha, don't feel bad. I suck at it too. I just can't wrap my mind around the fact that I'm not supposed to write a catchy title that represents my hub best.

23. profile image0
    Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years ago

That's pretty awesome! Huge accomplishment so congrats to you in a big way. Interesting note about being among only 1 percent. Wow. Well I only have 13 hubs to date but fully intend to be among that 1 percent. I can't believe crazyhorse has 1,000 hubs. My brain can't wrap itself around that one!

24. C.V.Rajan profile image58
    C.V.Rajanposted 10 years ago

As many have said already, it must be for your 50/50 accomplishment which is quite note-worthy. Congrats!

I happened to cross my 100 featured hubs mark today!

With this change, it is gladdening to see 4 hundreds in my accolades: >100 published hubs, 100 featured hubs,  >100 followers and >100K views!

Congrats C.V. Rajan!  I'm trying to think of a new one but I'm having writers block. =p

25. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 10 years ago

Wow. I didn't even see my 1,000 hubs badge until just now, thanks to this thread!

Whew!!!  Congrats!!

1. habee profile image93
        habeeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)