WHY DONT PEOPLE ON HUBPAGES FAN OTHER PEOPLE BACK

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (100 posts)
  1. justone331 profile image59
    justone331posted 14 years ago

This jus doesnt make sense to me....I spent countless hours faning people and writing sincere comments about their hubs, but I just dont seem to get the love back..am I the only one that notices this? And if im not can someone please give me an explanation as to why people do this.......God, you hubber are driving me crazy lol

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If you want fans, write something in your profile so people know about you. And don't fan too much! .Nobody likes that in here smile Welcome and good luck

2. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Outside traffic pays you, fans dont !  Look at mine I have 350, now go look at my comments on my last hub, do you see 350, noo ya dont. You dont need fakes, sorry I meant fans, go for the outside traffic !

3. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Did it cross your mind that...

1) While you've been on your mass famming spree people have been doing other things in life that hasn't involved checking in on hubpages?

2) That people become fans of other people who actually enjoy their work?

I don't automatically fan people as a knee-jerk reaction. You need to have a history of impressing me. 2 months probably won't cut it, how can 2 days?

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do I hear cocky. smile

4. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry, just wait, fans will come naturally! smile
      Best Regards

justone331posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So nice....I knew people like this existed on hubpages

5. profile image0
      annvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess I will fan you since you had enough guts to get in the forums and say this.  I am now a fan. lol.

lol It was either the absolute worst descion I ever made or the best

It seems it was the best lol

6. profile image0

dont you just adore this guy. C'mon people just fan him. Put a smile on his face. But after you hubbers wink

7. profile image0
      Writer Riderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because they're not cool (the people who don't fan other people). Just my opinion.

1. profile image0

Of course, I believe all my fans are cool (hence I fan them back).

8. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well ya missed my brilliant hubs lol

I spent the day with my therapist , he recommended a stiff drink and wing dings lol

Welcome to hubpages justone331 ,your journey has just begun enjoy the ride.

9. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're confusing fans with friends. If you're a fan of Beyonce, do you expect her to give you the love back?  No.  You're her fan because you like her work (or maybe her butt, but you get the picture).

If I join someone's fan club, it's because I genuinely like their work.  If you join my fan club, I'll look at your profile and your Hubs and I'll join if I want to see more.  Or not.  Nothing to do with love!

1. profile image0

Whats love got to do, got to do with it? What's love, if not a second hand emotion? What's love got to do, got to do with it? If you fan a hubber, and you dont get fanned back. (whistles tune)

1. AsherKade profile image58
          AsherKadeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hey cj, don't sing songs with hands and love in the same sentence...

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/hairy_arms.jpg

1. profile image0

Dude, women eat that stuff up. Maybe not that Tina Turner song, its more a guy's song just trying to tell a girl, c'mon lets get it on, dont be all emotional about it. smile

dude: you got it wrong....I was making fun of you because you were talkin about love and your hands....do I have to spell it out to you...it's so not funny now...

1. profile image0

Dude, what do you think I'm doing, I'm countering you...chill Ashes, oops, Asher. smile

thats fine cracker jack...ooops, cj...

1. profile image0

Its ok, this isn't a college brawl, Asher Roth. Oops AsherKade. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to understand, really. Like I said before:

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
          Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Marissa-- I love your posts. (see, it does have a bit to do with that.)  A minute ago I belatedly became your fan. People who have 800+ probably aren't impressed, but I did it because you have uncommon sense.

3. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We don't have any mechanism to become friends, do we? So I use fans for both, and don't see why it generates such a passion - five pages already LOL.

1. profile image0

Bingo, my thoughts exactly.

1. profile image0

In the words of Winston Churchill, "Who cares?" What an anal topic.

10. profile image0

Actually, I know another reason why people are not your fan http://hubpages.com/hub/justone331

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Awww....yea ,well cant say it has inspired me too much to be a fan (my opinion)

11. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is interesting that you state hat you spent countless hours writing sincere comments on ohers hubs.  Your HP historical data does not show this; merely that you 'bulk fanned' many hubbers.

Realistically, to leave a sincere comment, one must first have read the hubs that one has commented on to be taken seriously.
      So How Many Hubs have you Actually Read?

The more you read; the more response YOU Get.
      Who Are YOU? Improve your Bio.. so we can see that you are not a Spammer (as you have done with the writing of your current hubs)

You are not going to set the world on fire in 5 minutes; so use that 5 minutes checking the works of those whom you would wish to fan you!  This is where you leave a sincere comment.

If you are going to make forum posts, kindly be Sincere; in the case of your previous statement.... hmm

12. GlstngRosePetals profile image67
      GlstngRosePetalsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am new so I don't know anything about you but will be glad to be a fan of yours.

13. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It depends on the quality of the writing. If you don't write anything interesting then people won't become your fan.

14. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i'm new but i have already 'become a fan' of a few people; and i did that because i either appreciated the helpful and useful comments they make in the forums or in their hubs, or i like their hub topics. i wouldn't expect them to 'fan me back' in kind, as this isn't a social networking site and no one has an obligation to 'show love' to anyone else, even if we comment and fan them.

2. Trekkiemelissa profile image65
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

Not everyone is going to fan each other back.  If someone don't interest them, then they not going to do it just to humor them.

3. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
    Chris1|Chris2posted 14 years ago

This is one aspect of hubpages that I seriously contest. I don't think that just because someone fans you, means that they HAVE to fan you back. Sure, it's a nice gesture on their part, but what if I don't want to be their fan? What if I simply am not into the type of writing they do? Isn't that the whole point of becoming someone's fan, to show that you appreciate and are sincerely interested in their PARTICULAR writing? And not just acquiring new fans for yourself? Sure, it is important to get fans, but this you-scratch-my-back, I-scratch-yours kind of fandom you talk about just seems to eliminate the real point of having fans in the first place!
    Plus, you've only been here a couple of days and you have only written two hubs. Give it some time, and when you've actually written enough for people to determine if it is worth being your fan, see how many fans you get?

Agree ! thank u 4 ur post. I never have the patience 2 write long stuff smile

1. Chris1|Chris2 profile image60
        Chris1|Chris2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's my pleasure. It's just something that needs to be said. smile

4. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

I will fan a person if I am truly a fan of their work.  If you were to leave me a helpful comment, I would make an effort to answer you back, or thank you for the comment.  Don't feel as if you not "getting love" because the same people don't fan you back.  It is not like "friending". Some people just prefer to fan when they are an actual fan of the work.

5. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

Why not write more hubs?

Surely gaining a fan as a result of them enjoying your hub is much more rewarding then a pointless and meaningless statistic?

6. BrianFanslau profile image61
    BrianFanslauposted 14 years ago

No offense but heres the facts.

Justone331 you have written 2 hubs and have only posted once on the forums as of right now.

What this indicates to me and other hubbers is that you are not an active member of the Hubpages community.

Therefore why would anyone become your fan. I see you are new as well which is another strike against you for most people looking to become your fan or read your hubs.

Since you are new the best thing you can do is continue to write and continue to mingle in the forums with others and be helpful and sincere.

You will have plenty of fans if you continue to put out a good hub each day and you stay active in the community.

Sincerely,
                  Brian Fanslau smile AKA the Fonz

7. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

This gives me the opportunity for some shameless self-promotion.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Why-do-you-beco … s-in-a-row

8. karpouzian profile image59
    karpouzianposted 14 years ago

Maybe I am a snob, but I only fan people who have either written very spectacular hubs that will help me in this business, or hubbers who have been publishing, and have similar interests to mine.  /shrug

9. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

If I get a new fan, I will check them out by looking at their hubtivity.  If they are becoming the fan of more than five people a day, regardless of comments left, then I am not interested in reading their work.  If I see something of quality elsewhere, repeatedly, I might change my mind.  One hubber in particular comes to mind here, who I am a fan of.  wink

That's some very good advice. I will definitely be checking hubtivity more often!!

10. justone331 profile image59
    justone331posted 14 years ago

You all bringup some good points...But honestly people have to lighten up...this isnt americas got talent or night at the apollo...this is regular people writting regular blogs...and if someone spent the time to look at my page, fan me and write a comment pertains to my hub....common, the least i can do is show the love back...thats note being fake thats just showing them i apperciate them taking the time

but thanks for all te replys so far

1. profile image50

Lol people need to lighten up, hmmm rewind to your original first post, jeeez I despair at times, I really do !

lol that true

2. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wait until you have 200 hubs like many on here, and see how many comments you get per day (I get enough on 40+) you will soon be replying more and more to other peoples comments and leaving less and less of your own.

The best thing that you could do, and this isn't an "interesting point" or an "idea" or an "opinion", this is just pure fact.... is just get on with writing your hubs. If you write them people will find them.

Having the most fans doesn't make you the coolest or give your respect, it should just show that you have written something for almost everyone.

I wrote my first hub on 28th June 2009 and have 59 fans. I would say that about 5 of those have come as a result of my so called 'fanning' and the rest have come from people that have stumbled across my articles.

You cant buy fans, you cant force fans, you just get them.

3. profile image0

A few additional points in relation to this quote:-

a) You have been here for 2 days, many have been here for 2 years. They know a hell of a lot more about hubpages than you, some of them are making $1000+ a month in revenue. Trying to tell people what hubpages "is" after two days of non participation is not going to win you fans.

b) Telling people that they need to 'lighten up' is incredibly rude and this is not going to win you any fans either, some people on here write for a living and they do not want to 'lighten up' at work. They 'lighten up' when there hubs are finished, their SEO is finished and they have checked their adsense. They don't do it on the demand of a faceless non entity on a forum.

c) These are not blogs, you spelt 'Writing' wrong, and "isnt" is spelt "isn't".

11. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

I don't think you'll find many people on HubPages who agree with you. Like the others have said, I only fan people whose writing I like and enjoy.

If you comment on my hub I will check out your hubs and return the comment if I have something to add to the conversation, but I won't necessarily fan you.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

From my experience here, this seems to be a fairy common way for hubbers to behave. I know I do the same, and many of my fans do also.

12. wesleycox profile image71
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

Well I just read the most appalling hub that I have seen in recent memory.  Your Hub about Michael Jackson was absolutely dispicable.  I will remember your name and never be your fan.  Besides your attempt at humor in this hub, terrible.

Agreed!

thanks for taking time to read my hub

1. profile image0

Thats better, thats the right attitude, your learning quickly.

13. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

I only fan if the person publishes content that I want to check out for whatever reason. I don't read every hub that the people I'm fans of publish, and I don't comment on every hub that I do read.
    Since you've decided to bring it up, I would at present not fan you as I didn't find your hubs to be very funny. That is not meant as an insult, and I certainly don't think I'm any better than you - your stuff just didn't do it for me. That could change as you write more content.
    Just my input on your topic, though, nothing more. This is not MySpace, the way I see it, and HP fans (to me) should be earned. But, maybe I'm just old-fashioned or something.

1. profile image0

And that ^^^^^^ is coming from somebody with an incredibly impressive 307 fans in just 4 months from just 28 hubs. So the OP could probably take his answer there if he looks hard enough wink

14. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 14 years ago

How To Get Fans.

1.Write good stuff.
    2. Take part in the forums.
    3. Don't make an idiot of yourself in the forums.
    (Except if you are Badcompany99 lol )
    4. Wait. the fans will come

Cheers, Eric G.

1. profile image50

Wipe 3 out, it works for me smile

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile

2. Eric Graudins profile image59
        Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK, I've modified my original post smile

3. justone331 profile image59

lol I didnt knowi was so good a that...i guess i learned somthing new about myself

2. justone331 profile image59

short and to the point thank

15. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 14 years ago

I'll fan more people when they start to write quality Hubs on topics that I find interesting.

1. profile image0

Maybe one day you will find one of my hubs interesting tongue

ps. I like your new profile pic relache.

2. justone331 profile image59

how to make balloon hats lol

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And making fun of what others write will not get you many fans either.

why do you always have somthingnegative to say????

1. profile image0

OP..... I would recommend shutting down your computer, coming back tomorrow, and getting on with writing...

Falling out with people like Relache (at least over stupid and pointless pot shots), who have been on hubpages since the very beginning, really is not the way to go about things.

16. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

If someone becomes my fan, I always look and see who fanned me, but if they have a miserable profile description, no profile picture and 2 or 3 hubs about just one particular subject that they claim to know in depth, but they don't, then I won't fan back because they talk a load of arse and they won't be here long!!

1. profile image50

Like the new pic Waynet, jeez ya been to an interview ?

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No... no interviews....just shaved my hair and dusted my face from the cobwebs!!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73

You scrub up well , ya look handsome !

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is it right here in a nutshell.  I too look at the profile of every single person who fans me (and that's over 900 now) but in the three years I've now been on HubPages, just barely over two dozen people have managed to catch my interest and keep it.

1. profile image0

i dont know, but this sounds a bit arrogant to me. But then again, its just me.

17. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

O Yeah... Remember: "Never try to BS a BSer!"

18. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

roll

1. profile image0

do I win? roll

19. AsherKade profile image58
    AsherKadeposted 14 years ago

depends on what winning means to you....

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_vids/stupides … _award.htm

1. profile image0

Awww, did I just hurt someone's feelings. Someone cant play his own game to the last. Well, boo hoo, go suck on someone's breast bag.

i would hate to suck something not real...you can do that if ya want...

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha ha Now that's funny! Now you've arrived. Welcome to the comedy club, have a seat, but dont get your ass burned! Its a hot seat. smile

again, you can dangle your nuts where ya want, but I know where mine belong and I don't suck things that weren't given by God...thanks for the invite anyway!
            lol

1. profile image0

Oh he brings God into it. Is that all part of the heart of deception blow. Nip and tuck your nuts, it needs divine healing. lol

man, ya gotta read the book...it has nothing about nuts and prosthetic procedures in it...I gotta hit the hay...nice debatig with ya...

1. profile image0

night night, nutty professor. lol

20. candice5 profile image57
    candice5posted 14 years ago

Apart from Pandaman because I was told he was my alter ego, I haven't fanned anyone except for those whose Hubs I have taken a shine to.
    I don't think it is correct to just Fan people because they fan you.
    Just my opinion.

1. profile image0

how's the panda world? Any chance of grizzlies bugging your territory? smile

21. rpgshow.com profile image60
    rpgshow.composted 14 years ago

I am the one who has the same experience,and i don't know why either.

22. 3bagsfull profile image65
    3bagsfullposted 14 years ago

i like a ton of people on here but I was getting abit crazy with the emails

so I bookmark lots of particular hubs so I can find them again

23. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Thanks Rochelle, I do indeed appreciate fans no matter how many I collect (and still bemused how I've managed to collect so many..)

24. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Hey people, this justone guy has the funniest hub I've ever read on Michael Jackson! Seriously, that hub just kills me. I give you a money back guarantee. And hey, while you're reading, watch out for this Tom Hanks joke - its brilliant! smile

25. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

I believe I have seen this question about 6 months ago from someone else **sigh** I see the question as been answered in 5 pages. smile

26. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

Not awfully long ago there was a post by HubPages adm, and it said that fanning because someone has fanned us isn't really the way fanning is supposed to work.  Because I read that I often don't immediately fan someone (I occasionally do, but don't make a habit of it).  Instead, I'll most often wait a while until I see more of their stuff.  That way nobody has, "Fred became your fan.  You became Fred's fan" on their Hubtivity (too often).  When I'm reading, though, I do keep fans in mind first, and tend to read their stuff (and later become a fan, comment, rate up, etc.)

27. M!$$ T3DD! profile image61
    M!$$ T3DD!posted 14 years ago

I truly do believe that to be a fan or some one you must be a fan of what they do this is not a social networking site and the site does not work like that. I might become a fan of a person because we share a common issue or a like but dont do it to get fands

1. profile image0

I'm not trying to socialize...I don't even visit socialnetworking sites I just don't care about whether or not I should fan someone back or whether someone should fan me back and it amazes me that other people take it seriously. I mean seriously, who cares. Lame topic.

28. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I always do as a matter of course although I don't always post a fanmail comment. That depends on time really and how much their profile and post on my site interested me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)